PDA

View Full Version : Has Bobby V hit rock bottom?

MiamiBoy77
09-05-2012, 04:48 PM
I'm on my phone driving so can't post the sound bite but they just played a sound bite where Bobby told a reporter when asked about checking out on the season that it was an embarrassing thing to ask and that if he were there he'd punch the reporter in the mouth.

We know he's lost the team and the seasons over. But is this rock bottom?

Nomar
09-05-2012, 04:58 PM
Heres the interview MB was referencing:

http://www.weei.com/sports/boston/this-just-in/21225746/bobby-v-2012-miserable-wants-return?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

:laugh2:

Also, he apparently called out Cafardo too, but it isnt written here. This sort of surprised me because i was under the impression they were butt buddies. I guess Bobby V even lost Cafardo's undying love and support at some point this season.

Petertherock
09-05-2012, 05:05 PM
I don't think he'll be back next year :laugh::laugh::laugh:

quinnjack
09-05-2012, 05:31 PM
I feel bad for the guy. Everything that could have gone wrong has. Has he brought some of it on himself? Sure, but he's dealing with a media grouping that's chomping at the bit to get viewers/readers/listeners, and he's gotten torn apart by these scumbags. Ordway is number 1 on that hit list. What a douche he is.

Corey
09-05-2012, 05:36 PM
I dont feel bad for him at all. He's quit just as much as the players.

xnick5757
09-05-2012, 05:48 PM

meh. i don't think he ever got a fair shot. from the beginning he had to deal with the remains from last years collapse, his pitching staff fell apart, injuries happened, and on top of all it his assistant coaches wouldn't even talk to him. not to mention the boston media that jumps on every single thing.

this doesn't mean that he shouldn't be fired; I think he should. just that i think the guy deserves a little slack. he never should have been hired from the start imo, but to blame him for the current sox situation is weak at best.

bagwell368
09-05-2012, 07:46 PM
It was a mess in several dimensions.

BV picking at Youk was moronic

Not letting him pick his coaches

X25

athlete9393
09-05-2012, 07:59 PM
http://espn.go.com/boston/mlb/story/_/id/8341433/boston-red-sox-manager-bobby-valentine-calls-2012-season-miserable

Here's the article that was written above. Let me start off with I haven't posted on this website in a while because 1) I don't have much time too and 2) I find that arguing with people without any knowledge on what they're talking about self-defeating, but regardless, I've had enough of listening to this bull ****. Plain and simple.

I agree with everything Valentine said here. I know 90 percent of the Red Sox forum hates this guy and thinks the Sox should get rid of him pronto. Well let me credit that with saying that you are dead wrong. When the Red Sox brought Valentine in, he had a reputation, for the most part, of winning with teams that generally weren't regarded as great baseball teams. Yah yah yah, the Met's team had guys that had WAR above certain numbers and all of that ****. Yah I know, and I'll tell you right now I am a big believer in stats, and on-base percentage is one of my favorite statistics to use when determining how good a hitter really is, but to credit the success of an entire team to the statistic of WAR is absolutely ridiculous. A team's success goes way beyond WAR, it goes to the dedication of each individual player and also the manager, Bobby Valentine.

To go along with his reputation of making winning ball clubs, it was believed that Valentine would have been able to clean up the team that was involved with one of the worst collapses in baseball history. I'm sorry, but as much as I believe in Valentine, I didn't even think that was possible. The issue last year was not the manager, was not the front office, was not the media, and was not the fans. It was the player's in the club house. Valentine was not going to fix Beckett or Youkilis or Lackey or Lester or any of the guys involved in that scandal for that matter....

The people that have been ripping Valentine apart need to understand one thing... When a new manager is brought in, the manager isn't supposed to adapt to the ideas and philosophies of the players, the players are supposed to adapt to the philosophy and ideas of the manager!!!!!

Valentine has done nothing wrong this year, he is not a bad manager, he is not a bad coach, he is not a bad person. The issue is that most of the players we have are a bunch of big *** ******* who liked the layed back mode of Terry Francona (who was a great manager btw) and couldn't take a little regiment change with Valentine. That's a bunch of horse ****, and all of you guys who still believe that it's Valentine are being fed the same ******** from the media. You know something, the media are a bunch of ******* too. 99 percent of those guys have probably never played a game of organized baseball in their life and don't understand that players adapt to the coaches and not vice versa. The one media guy who actually got it right, was Lou Merloni when he said that he would play for Valentine in a heart beat and thinks he was a good manager. You know why? Because Merloni was a baseball player and understood how to adapt to a change in management.

Let's face it, any other guy that had to deal with this bull **** probably would have quit by now. This man had a great reputation and it was all ruined because of the media, the whiny *** Red Sox team, and everybody else who believes that the manager is supposed adapt to the players.

I want Valentine back for manager next year! We finally cleaned house of all the little babies and it's now time that we bring in some new baseball players and develop some of our talent and start over. Go Sox!

athlete9393
09-05-2012, 08:02 PM

When did he say that? The media makes one report on the man and you think he quits? That's ******** man.

bagwell368
09-05-2012, 08:45 PM
I agree with everything Valentine said here. I know 90 percent of the Red Sox forum hates this guy and thinks the Sox should get rid of him pronto. Well let me credit that with saying that you are dead wrong. When the Red Sox brought Valentine in, he had a reputation, for the most part, of winning with teams that generally weren't regarded as great baseball teams.

Really? You mean the teams that died under him? Forget those? Forget he hadn't managed in 10 years in the Majors? It shows all the time.

The people that have been ripping Valentine apart need to understand one thing... When a new manager is brought in, the manager isn't supposed to adapt to the ideas and philosophies of the players, the players are supposed to adapt to the philosophy and ideas of the manager

Snort! For someone that claims so much knowledge how has it escaped your attention that Managers like Dick Williams are impossible in this day and age. A Manager who hasn't won WS's recently (or ever) isn't going to command respect/attention from players by being authoritarian and demanding it. What sort of Management experience do you have, and what era was it in? I don't think you were around in 1952.

Valentine has done nothing wrong this year

BWHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You mean mentioning Youk wasn't fired up to play. That was right?

he is not a bad manager, he is not a bad coach, he is not a bad person.

He's a backstabber, a front stabber, enjoys calling players out (sadistic), pitting them against each other, and HE ALWAYS HAS TO BE THE MOST CLEVER MAN IN ROOM (infantile), and his Management chops (which I saw with my own eyes back in the day) seem to have deserted him (senility?).

regiment change

It's "regimen" BTW.

That's a bunch of horse ****, and all of you guys who still believe that it's Valentine are being fed the same ******** from the media. You know something, the media are a bunch of ******* too. 99 percent of those guys have probably never played a game of organized baseball in their life and don't understand that players adapt to the coaches and not vice versa.

Rubbish. High School and College baseball are not at all like MLB. You cross the Coach in HS or college you are off the team. You want Managers to be big shots in the MLB? Pay them $25M a year, and change players more often then Managers. However in this real world you are lecturing us on - Managers don't get paid big bucks, have limited authority, and get kicked out before the team is purged far more often than not.

You want to tell us how to deal with a player making $20M a year? Think the FO is going to OK some crackpot manager to "wake up" said player via punishment and sarcasm and dropping tidbits to the press? In particular a crackpot Manager that seems to be irritated by so very much like BV?

The one media guy who actually got it right, was Lou Merloni when he said that he would play for Valentine in a heart beat and thinks he was a good manager. You know why? Because Merloni was a baseball player and understood how to adapt to a change in management.

Lou Merloni always supports players and Managers no matter what and two days ago he said it's not working and BV should get fired.

Let's face it, any other guy that had to deal with this bull **** probably would have quit by now.

Bull. And kiss off his money for next year? Not on your life.

This man had a great reputation and it was all ruined because of the media, the whiny *** Red Sox team, and everybody else who believes that the manager is supposed adapt to the players.

This man's reputation was already quite controversial and tattered in many corners of baseball (hence no offers to Manager for 10 years).

I want Valentine back for manager next year! We finally cleaned house of all the little babies and it's now time that we bring in some new baseball players and develop some of our talent and start over. Go Sox!

Thankfully that won't happen. BV has proven unable to deal with the media, stand up to the owners, get the attention of pitching coach, or many of the players that he is supposed to "manage".

He's a failure as I called way back when he was signed and he's now in utter disgrace - having so little self control as to threaten a radio personality over the phone.

xnick5757
09-05-2012, 09:44 PM
Really? You mean the teams that died under him? Forget those? Forget he hadn't managed in 10 years in the Majors? It shows all the time.

Snort! For someone that claims so much knowledge how has it escaped your attention that Managers like Dick Williams are impossible in this day and age. A Manager who hasn't won WS's recently (or ever) isn't going to command respect/attention from players by being authoritarian and demanding it. What sort of Management experience do you have, and what era was it in? I don't think you were around in 1952.

BWHAHAHAHAAAA!!! You mean mentioning Youk wasn't fired up to play. That was right?

He's a backstabber, a front stabber, enjoys calling players out (sadistic), pitting them against each other, and HE ALWAYS HAS TO BE THE MOST CLEVER MAN IN ROOM (infantile), and his Management chops (which I saw with my own eyes back in the day) seem to have deserted him (senility?).

It's "regimen" BTW.

Rubbish. High School and College baseball are not at all like MLB. You cross the Coach in HS or college you are off the team. You want Managers to be big shots in the MLB? Pay them $25M a year, and change players more often then Managers. However in this real world you are lecturing us on - Managers don't get paid big bucks, have limited authority, and get kicked out before the team is purged far more often than not.

You want to tell us how to deal with a player making $20M a year? Think the FO is going to OK some crackpot manager to "wake up" said player via punishment and sarcasm and dropping tidbits to the press? In particular a crackpot Manager that seems to be irritated by so very much like BV?

Lou Merloni always supports players and Managers no matter what and two days ago he said it's not working and BV should get fired.

This man's reputation was already quite controversial and tattered in many corners of baseball (hence no offers to Manager for 10 years).

Thankfully that won't happen. BV has proven unable to deal with the media, stand up to the owners, get the attention of pitching coach, or many of the players that he is supposed to "manage".

He's a failure as I called way back when he was signed and he's now in utter disgrace - having so little self control as to threaten a radio personality over the phone.

whose available as a replacement though? Farrell? TBs bench coach?

bagwell368
09-05-2012, 10:23 PM
whose available as a replacement though? Farrell? TBs bench coach?

For this year, anybody - a coach in AA for all I care.

Next year? There will be some decent candidates, even if we never heard of some of them.

athlete9393
09-05-2012, 11:59 PM

Or wait, you mean the Mets team that he turned around... because I mean yah, every great manager ALWAYS has a great team... pfftt!

What sort of management experience do you have... All I know you as is a screeen name. For all I know you're some inner city 13 year old who dropped out of middle school. What does that have anything to do with it? The point is, if you know anything about baseball you know that the players listen to the manager, not the other way around. you're just another media lover who takes everything that the media says for 100 percent fact. Get a life dude really... you're just like the rest of them.

Umm, the Youkilis who couldn't hit the side of a barn... I wonder why he had an issue with Valentine... Because he ****ing blew this year. you're blaming this on Bobby V!? hahahaahahaha... I wonder why the REd Sox had a hard time finding a trading partner for him... because he was terrible this year and because he was giving the management a hard time... of wait I forgot you listen to everything the media says and believe it was Valentine's fault... again bone head.

You know Bobby V? Can I meet him? Again, more media bull ****... proves my point even more of how big of a bone head you are.... I'm sure you listen to WEEI everyday and live off of Dennis and Callahan... let me tell you something... I know 12 year olds that know more about baseball than they do... they're just more baseball fans listening to the same rubbish fed to them by the media.

It's "regimen" BTW.

sorry, didn't know I was being graded for grammar... next time I'll use my MLA handbook... if you know what that is Mr. Grammar.

Yah, you're right... it 's a completely different game... in college guys run to third when they hit the ball instead of first... wtf are you talking about?!?!?! If managers aren't that important, then ****, why the hell does it matter if Valentine is your manager... you just told they aren't important so how can you say this is Valentine's fault. Maybe you should think about that for a second... If managers aren't that important (which you are implying by their salaries) then what is the big deal with Valentine being manager? The point is Valentine isn't the issue, the players were and we finally the cleaned the ****ing house out

do you really think that any other manager would be willing to get up everyday and take these ****ing questions from the media? Do you think he enjoys being ****ing belittled because his ****ing team... who can't ****ing listen to a word anybody with a right mind says to them... doesn't give a ****. Any other guy would have quit by this point... He was ripped apart from day 1 because the whiny *******s on this team had started complaining. it was a lost cause adn you fed right into the media... you're brain washed.... I can't do anything for you because you love the media garbage.

Really? Is that why he ripped apart Youk? Is that why he hates it when Papi opens his mouth sometimes? really?

Really? Now you're his agent... good to know! ;)

Point made... you declared him a failure from day 1... how do you expect a guy to succeed in your mind, in anybody's mind for that matter if everybody declares him a failure from day 1. I guess you don't know anything psychology mr. know it all... but when you make up your mind and grow an opinion about something before it even begins... it's pretty damn hard to change it.

athlete9393
09-06-2012, 12:02 AM

Next year? There will be some decent candidates, even if we never heard of some of them.

Yah I mean some how you can conclude that it doesn't matter who the manager is, but you still believe it's Valentine's fault. hahahahahaha. what a ****ing nut job

EEasyA
09-06-2012, 05:16 AM

No need to debate with Ath bags.Bobby V is not coming back.plain and simple.once the season is over,he will get fired.seriously this thread should be locked.no need for all the personal insults.we are all red sox fans here.ps once they were going to hire bobby v,wish him luck and wanted him to succed.even when the players were backstabbing him like pedey beckett I had this back.defended him here,weei etc but bobby has failed.you don't threaten to punch a reporter in the mouth.

bagwell368
09-06-2012, 06:36 AM
Or wait, you mean the Mets team that he turned around... because I mean yah, every great manager ALWAYS has a great team... pfftt!

I refer to his last team in MLB in 2002, the one that went 32-42 in the second half with a stacked team, and was castigated by his GM, players on his team, and of course the media that once adored him.

What sort of management experience do you have... All I know you as is a screeen name. For all I know you're some inner city 13 year old who dropped out of middle school.

I have a BA in Management and was a hiring manager in high tech for nearly 10 years. 13 years old that started posting here in 2007, that would be a trick. BTW, what's the problem with being from the inner city? Is that some code we need to know about? We have had PM's with each other, where I learned about your background - I guess you forgot.

What does that have anything to do with it? The point is, if you know anything about baseball you know that the players listen to the manager, not the other way around. you're just another media lover who takes everything that the media says for 100 percent fact. Get a life dude really... you're just like the rest of them.

I coached (mostly pitching, but managed as well) baseball for 14 years - the older teams in the 14-16 range - AAU. I also did individual lessons (those kids are easy, they want to be there). There is a large difference between how well 12 and 16 year olds attend to instruction, and a much larger one between college/high school and the pros. Go ahead and explain how you think there is none.

Umm, the Youkilis who couldn't hit the side of a barn... I wonder why he had an issue with Valentine... Because he ****ing blew this year. you're blaming this on Bobby V!?

I don't dispute that Youk didn't do poorly and after that spat certainly didn't want to be here. You're still in school right? Let me know how you'll take it when you are the a professional, and get snarked by a new Manager in a way that everyone that knows you knows about. A good Manager takes the guy aside and tries to figure out what he's got and what the issues are, and then takes informed action. A poor egocentric manager blurts out whatever the hell is in his mind regardless of consequences. The ripples this act caused went far beyond Youkilis. Of course OTOH, what Pedroia said next was also inexcusably stupid, but w/o BV to light the powder keg it never would have happened. Good managers use judgement, and only come out with something that they will stick too and can be sticked too. They don't extrovert their pique - unless of course they are childish attention whores.

hahahaahahaha... I wonder why the REd Sox had a hard time finding a trading partner for him... because he was terrible this year and because he was giving the management a hard time... of wait I forgot you listen to everything the media says and believe it was Valentine's fault... again bone head.

It's undeniable that Youk was harder to deal because of BV going public. He gets to wear goat horns over it, and will in time get fired in good part because of it.

Listen to the media? Oh please I have a record of following my own internal thoughts on a great deal of issues. I have however learned that some people here when they are emotional are beyond appeals of logic and common sense.

You know Bobby V? Can I meet him? Again, more media bull ****... proves my point even more of how big of a bone head you are.... I'm sure you listen to WEEI everyday and live off of Dennis and Callahan...

Actually I dislike both morning shows and hardly ever listen to them. I don't like the afternoon shows either. I listen to the mid day shows a bit - but so do you as you mentioned in this thread.

let me tell you something...

I'm happy to stand on my posts, go ahead and do some research.

Yah, you're right... it 's a completely different game... in college guys run to third when they hit the ball instead of first... wtf are you talking about?!?!?!

I'm sorry, but if you do not know that there is a difference here, I'd stop calling me a 12 year old.

If managers aren't that important, then ****, why the hell does it matter if Valentine is your manager... you just told they aren't important

Managers are important. However they cannot just dictate whatever they want. You can't scold guys, and demand that everything go your way. You have to pick your spots. Why? Because some of the players make 10x more then the Manager, and the fans pay to see them, not the Manager. A guy like Torre after he won some of his titles had enough heft to do more of that, Sciosa in LAA has pretty much run that team any way he wants since he won. Those sorts of Managers are rare, and BV certainly does not rank with those guys. Maddon is the new model. Go look into how he does things.

so how can you say this is Valentine's fault. Maybe you should think about that for a second... If managers aren't that important (which you are implying by their salaries) then what is the big deal with Valentine being manager? The point is Valentine isn't the issue, the players were and we finally the cleaned the ****ing house out

I have not said that it was BV's fault. I have said in fact that the FO and players (injuries, attitude) bear a large amount of the blame. However, BV has shown himself to be not be up to this job. Maybe 15 years ago he would have been. Maybe if LL wasn't such a manipulator, maybe if the team had been healthy. He didn't get a fair deal, but, he absolutely fell on his face in how he handled it all. Of that, there is no doubt whatever.

do you really think that any other manager would be willing to get up everyday and take these ****ing questions from the media? Do you think he enjoys being ****ing belittled because his ****ing team... who can't ****ing listen to a word anybody with a right mind says to them... doesn't give a ****. Any other guy would have quit by this point... He was ripped apart from day 1 because the whiny *******s on this team had started complaining. it was a lost cause adn you fed right into the media... you're brain washed.... I can't do anything for you because you love the media garbage.

Thought for the day: having a conversation with a raver is a waste of time.

Point made... you declared him a failure from day 1... how do you expect a guy to succeed in your mind, in anybody's mind for that matter if everybody declares him a failure from day 1. I guess you don't know anything psychology mr. know it all... but when you make up your mind and grow an opinion about something before it even begins... it's pretty damn hard to change it.

I'm sorry but I am more than able to change my mind. In 2007-2008 I hated the idea of Matt Holliday as a Sox, but once I really looked into him I wanted him - because the Coors effect did not apply to him as much as some said. I thought Ortiz would suck this year due to either injury and decline. I was way wrong about the decline and partially right about the injury. I thought extending Beckett was a good idea. Of course I was spot on regarding Crawford in Boston.

Nobody is perfect. BV has turned out to be far worse then I imagined. He learned nothing from his time away from ML. In fact his thinking processes seemed to get slower and more unsure. His ability to deal with changes, and surly players, and his pitching coach, the media, and more are ALL inferior to the task at hand. His yearly review would say he was a 1 out of 5 - ready to be fired or put on a get well plan. He's beyond hope on the get well plan. Way beyond hope. He doesn't think he's too blame that I can see. He's just another innocent victim (with a case of compensatory narcissism).

athlete9393
09-06-2012, 11:46 AM
No need to debate with Ath bags.Bobby V is not coming back.plain and simple.once the season is over,he will get fired.seriously this thread should be locked.no need for all the personal insults.we are all red sox fans here.ps once they were going to hire bobby v,wish him luck and wanted him to succed.even when the players were backstabbing him like pedey beckett I had this back.defended him here,weei etc but bobby has failed.you don't threaten to punch a reporter in the mouth.

Look, I don't think he will be back because everything has fallen apart, but you're wrong when you say everybody had his back. Some people did, but the media/some of the fan base began ripping him apart from day 1. The man didn't have a chance and fans like bags who fell into this media bs from day 1 are one of the biggest reasons he won't be back. If the fan base and media had supported him, it would be a whole different story, but from day 1 it didn't matter... he had already failed because of the media.

And secondly, he should have threatened the man. There is no limitation on what the media can do these days. It's ****ing ridiculous. Any human being after living through what he had to go through this year would have likely done the same thing. Honestly, I can't even believe he is still here, I can't believe he hasn't quit by now. Something has to be done because the media these days are out of control and there are no restrictions on them. There is no help for guys like Valentine of anybody that is constantly belittled by the media, and the league just lets it go. It's ****ing bull ****.

bagwell368
09-06-2012, 12:09 PM
The man didn't have a chance and fans like bags who fell into this media bs from day 1 are one of the biggest reasons he won't be back. If the fan base and media had supported him, it would be a whole different story, but from day 1 it didn't matter... he had already failed because of the media.

Crap. I was against him before he was hired based off of what I learned about him 1st hand and 2nd hand as a Manager. Prove otherwise.

Any human being after living through what he had to go through this year would have likely done the same thing. Honestly, I can't even believe he is still here, I can't believe he hasn't quit by now.

More self serving "analysis"? He won't quite because he'll lose millions - something else most adults would do - and understand why it would be done.

Something has to be done because the media these days are out of control and there are no restrictions on them. There is no help for guys like Valentine of anybody that is constantly belittled by the media, and the league just lets it go. It's ****ing bull ****.

Not a believer in free press? When I was growing up you would have been invited to move to a Communist country.

Help? He's a big boy now, he should be able to deal with it. Boston, NY, and Philly are both very tough places - he was in NY, and has seen Boston. Too bad he was unable to figure that out - or maybe he was so desperate for a ML job he was willing to take anything?

Muse of the day: I love posters who do not answer posts that they got wiped out in, and then try to smear on the way out of a thread - pretending all the while that they have the high ground.

BTW your pal Lou Merloni has been ripping BV all morning, and LL too. Good stuff.

Crucis
09-06-2012, 01:47 PM
Look, I don't think he will be back because everything has fallen apart, but you're wrong when you say everybody had his back. Some people did, but the media/some of the fan base began ripping him apart from day 1. The man didn't have a chance and fans like bags who fell into this media bs from day 1 are one of the biggest reasons he won't be back. If the fan base and media had supported him, it would be a whole different story, but from day 1 it didn't matter... he had already failed because of the media.

And secondly, he should have threatened the man. There is no limitation on what the media can do these days. It's ****ing ridiculous. Any human being after living through what he had to go through this year would have likely done the same thing. Honestly, I can't even believe he is still here, I can't believe he hasn't quit by now. Something has to be done because the media these days are out of control and there are no restrictions on them. There is no help for guys like Valentine of anybody that is constantly belittled by the media, and the league just lets it go. It's ****ing bull ****.

And exactly what do you think that the league could do to the media that wouldn't get them sued out the wazoo?

Crucis
09-06-2012, 01:57 PM
Help? He's a big boy now, he should be able to deal with it. Boston, NY, and Philly are both very tough places - he was in NY, and has seen Boston. Too bad he was unable to figure that out - or maybe he was so desperate for a ML job he was willing to take anything?

I agree with this. BV is no "wet behind the ears" rookie manager. He knows what a tough media town is like, given all his time in NYC. And if he didn't want to put up with it, he could have just said "no" to the Sox. He could have also said "no" to appearing regularly on various media shows and exposing himself to their weekly grillings. BV volunteered to walk into the lion's den.

BTW your pal Lou Merloni has been ripping BV all morning, and LL too. Good stuff.

Yeah, it's really hard to rip the media so hard when some of "the media" are ex-players (and ones that played on your own team) who doing the ripping! Can anyone really, really say that ex-Boston Red Sox player Lou Merloni is just another media flunky?

Pittz
09-06-2012, 02:37 PM
sorry, didn't know I was being graded for grammar... next time I'll use my MLA handbook... if you know what that is Mr. Grammar.

If you were being graded on grammer, you would have failed long before "regiment." Fortunately, if your posts are interesting and intelligent enough, you can get away with your poor grammar. Unfortunately, they aren't.

Nomar
09-06-2012, 02:42 PM
Pittz was like: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJDTL1nQVLo

albertajaysfan
09-06-2012, 04:06 PM
I really feel for all you Sox fans. Bobby V is a headcase and no fan deserves to have such a wing nut as a manager.

Sure you guys had some issues at the end of last season but why the owners thought this idiot was the answer is beyond me.

I would rather you guys be having a tough season because of the team's performance but compounded by a crazy manager just isn't right.

I hope that Cherington does the right thing and axes him at the end of the season. Otherwise I can't imagine next year will be any better for you guys regardless of the moves made in the off season.

-Lavigne43-
09-06-2012, 05:37 PM
It's completely false to say the media has been attacking him since the beginning. The only negative about his hiring written locally was that he wasn't who Ben wanted and that the process took too long. Other than that pretty much everyone locally was writing/saying that he was a good choice because he was the opposite of Francona, had experience, and/or would punish those "entitled piece of ****" players. The Globe has been on his nuts all year, they were calling for his hire well before he was being considered and have defended him every step of the way.

Then there's Spring Training where he got his balls washed harder than anyone I can ever remember. "Look at all the energy he has, he's everywhere I can't keep up!", "He rides his bike to work, he's so cool!", "He stands in the batters box to help pitchers, so innovative!", "The players are going to be so much better at fundamentals this year because this camp is so much better run than Francona!", "Crawford is going to be great this year because Bobby was a similar type of player before he got hurt!", "DiceK is going to be great this year because Bobby managed in Japan!".

Nomar
09-06-2012, 09:35 PM
It's completely false to say the media has been attacking him since the beginning. The only negative about his hiring written locally was that he wasn't who Ben wanted and that the process took too long. Other than that pretty much everyone locally was writing/saying that he was a good choice because he was the opposite of Francona, had experience, and/or would punish those "entitled piece of ****" players. The Globe has been on his nuts all year, they were calling for his hire well before he was being considered and have defended him every step of the way.

Then there's Spring Training where he got his balls washed harder than anyone I can ever remember. "Look at all the energy he has, he's everywhere I can't keep up!", "He rides his bike to work, he's so cool!", "He stands in the batters box to help pitchers, so innovative!", "The players are going to be so much better at fundamentals this year because this camp is so much better run than Francona!", "Crawford is going to be great this year because Bobby was a similar type of player before he got hurt!", "DiceK is going to be great this year because Bobby managed in Japan!".

Haha so true. He didnt get **** until the Youkilis comment.

7chuck7
09-08-2012, 12:22 AM
I don't think he'll be back next year :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Back to being a Sox fan? Switching to the Yanks barely lasted a week! lol Here is your Yankees forum post! Just having some fun with you.

Owner

Recovering Red Sux fan here
OK...here's my story in brief. I grew up a Red Sux fan...I went to a Yankee game at Yankee stadium when I was really young and the Yankees destroyed the Red Sox. Early on in the game I took off my Red Sox hat and bought myself a Yankees hat. Eventually I went back to the Sox because both my parents were Sox fans...but I still had a soft spot for the Yankees but I had to keep that quiet around the house.

Finally in 1999 I bought another Yankees hat and came out of the closet as a Yankees fan. After 2004...I got caught up in the whole Red Sox world series and I thought this team was going places. Then in 2007 I was happy again. Since then it's just gotten worse. Things led up to last Septembers historic collapse. We had the horrible contracts from Lackey, Dice K, and Crawford and they all aren't even worth the league minimum never mind the millions they are making now.

Then this year was the final straw...I knew they weren't going to have a great year...but it's one thing to be rebuilding but with the exception of a few players no one on that team has any pride in themselves or their team or fans. The front office doesn't care about the team. They have a manager that's a bumbling idiot and players that have no pride so they don't even want to play for him. I can be a fan of a bad team...but I won't be a fan of a team that doesn't even try.

So, when I wrote about switching loyalties on the Sox forum I was welcomed by 7Chuck7 who assured me it was the right thing to do and I will feel better once I take that leap. Chuck was right...of course I don't want to change baseball teams like I change my underwear so this is it. Even if the Sox came back next year and won the world series (like that's going to happen :lol: ) I would still be a Yankees fan.

The Yankees might have bad years...but at least they keep trying until their season comes to an end...and they almost always make it to the playoffs.

So I want to say Go Yankees!!

Darryl
Ut In Omnibus Glorificetur Deus

https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=507682257

AI
09-08-2012, 12:38 AM
http://i.qkme.me/35n7cz.jpg

Nomar
09-08-2012, 02:29 AM
http://i.qkme.me/35n7cz.jpg

that **** cray

bagwell368
09-08-2012, 09:01 AM
Fire BV today. Enough already.

I don't care who we get next year - just make sure they have a long term deal, and that the messages coming to the team come down the line:

Owners -> LL (if his sorry butt is still here) -> BC -> Mgr

This means that the owners, LL, and BC do not allow the players to cut out the Mgr by going over his head.

You can find the reasons why in any elemental book on organizational management. We don't need a "matrix", certainly not with a snake like LL playing divide and conquer.

SirHizz
09-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Fire BV today. Enough already.

Of course it's enough...it's been enough for probably more than 2 weeks. I really don't have any idea why the guy is still sitting in our dugout. It baffles me, what is LL trying to prove? Is it really about the "players can't win" approach? I guess that point was well taken when we shipped out our "star-players" Gonzalez, Beckett and Crawford.

The upside of him managing thru september is basically zero, there is none! It just gets worse from day to day, the media is having field days with his latest "Haha" phrase.
Bobby has become a laughing stock and it's pretty sad.

At least our draft-pick is getting better and better by each day. I wouldn't mind a protected one.