PDA

View Full Version : Rockets sign Machado to 3 yr deal

spreadeagle
09-05-2012, 12:08 AM
Dont know much about him but have heard some people on here really bigging him up...be interesting to see him and Lin as a one two punch at PG.

Point guard Scott Machado, who led the NCAA in assists last season and excelled in the Rockets’ final summer league games in July, will sign with the team this week, a person with knowledge of the deal said Tuesday.

Machado will sign a three-year, partially guaranteed deal, most likely on Thursday.

Machado, 22, averaged 9.9 assists for Iona last season but went undrafted in June. After a slow start in Las Vegas, he finished strong, getting 10 assists in the third game and 20 points in the tournament finale, replacing Courtney Fortson as the starting point guard.

Machado will join a group of players competing to be the primary backup for Jeremy Lin. In addition to Fortson, Toney Douglas and veteran Shaun Livingston will likely see time at the point in the preseason. The Rockets will sign Machado after opening a roster spot by releasing Sean Williams.

Machado averaged eight points and 5.6 assists in 25.4 minutes per game in Las Vegas. In the Rockets’ last three summer league games, he averaged 11.3 points and 7.3 assists, ending the final game with consecutive no-look passes on fast breaks.

“They know I’m a great passer,” Machado said. “I feel like every day I progressed and got better just getting more comfortable and more used to the style of play and the pace of the game, the players around me.”
http://blog.chron.com/ultimaterockets/2012/09/rockets-to-sign-ncaa-assist-leader-machado/

JNoel
09-05-2012, 12:11 AM
Championship after an A+ offseason.

IndyRealist
09-05-2012, 12:14 AM
Great move.

Machado is a up-tempo, pass first PG. Go back and watch Rockets games during Summer League. Whenever Machado was given free reign to push the pace, he schooled the competition.

Now in the halfcourt, Machado looks very stiff and timid. He's going to have to work on that, glad he has 3 years to do so.

jam
09-05-2012, 12:21 AM
I haven't seen machado play yet, but if Morey believes in him, then I believe in him. Morey's combination of aggressiveness and fiscal conservativism is pretty cool. Like most teams outside of the big market party circuit, Houston will have a tougher time landing the big fish, but it won't be due to a lack of effort on Houston's part.

spreadeagle
09-05-2012, 12:28 AM
I haven't seen machado play yet, but if Morey believes in him, then I believe in him. Morey's combination of aggressiveness and fiscal conservativism is pretty cool. Like most teams outside of the big market party circuit, Houston will have a tougher time landing the big fish, but it won't be due to a lack of effort on Houston's part.

they have some great young talent brewing thats forsure

douglas
09-05-2012, 12:30 AM
Good 'ole Mac Attack.

AndyfromNeptune
09-05-2012, 12:58 AM
If the Rockets were trying to rebuild, I'm not sure they will be as badly as they think they will.

They have a solid amount of great role players. They might be a 9th or 10th seed inhibiting their lottery chances.

Evolution23
09-05-2012, 01:42 AM
So they got Lin and Machado? Championship for the Rockets coming up, unless the nets get Eddy Curry.

EDUTEXANS
09-05-2012, 09:19 AM
Great signing for us. He will probably spend a lot of his first year in the D-league, but he has huge upside, the kid can play.

Jint.
09-05-2012, 09:39 AM
Ka-Boom !

LongIslandIcedZ
09-05-2012, 10:08 AM
I'm not sure if their plan was to bottom out, but if it was, I dont see that happening.

Their putting together a very formidible team.

Jint.
09-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Machado forum

2-ONE-5
09-05-2012, 12:54 PM
Machado > Lin

KnickaBocka.44
09-05-2012, 01:11 PM
Nice signing for the Rockets.

AWC713
09-05-2012, 01:29 PM
rockets team is really shaping up. i think they'll surprise people this year. jeremy lamb and terrance jones played out of their minds during SL, as did "donuts" motiejunas. that guy really impressed me. ran the floor well, can shoot the lights out, and boards hard. he's like a lefty dirk. because this team is young, they'll be inconsistant. but they will surprise a lot of ppl

Lin/ (Muchado/Livingston/Douglas)
Kevin Martin/ Jeremy Lamb
Chandler Parsons/ Royce White/ Marcus Morris
Patrick Patterson/ Donuts/ Terrance
Asik/ Donuts

NYKnicks4511
09-05-2012, 01:39 PM
Yes. They. Did.

JasonJohnHorn
09-05-2012, 05:04 PM
I swear the Rockets have like 57 players signed for next season... wtf?!?!?!?!?!