PDA

View Full Version : Fading stars: Which was the last great game they ever played

Chronz
09-04-2012, 09:37 PM
For both regular season and/or post season, which do you consider the last great game for any of your favorite fading stars;

For example my favorite former star of recent memory is ....

Shaq
RS: I think it was that game against the Raptors when he called Bosh out for *****ing about 3 seconds. Shaq was pretty beastly that night.

PS: Im hesitant to say it was that game in the Finals where he just erupted for a vintage 36-20 performance vs Detroit, but on 2nd thought its definitely the close out game vs Detroit the year he won the chip. Some rag on Shaq for his Finals performance that year but he was definitely the MVP of the Detroit series. He utterly controlled the paint and destroyed Detroits foolish 1 on 1 coverage. Shot 12-14 on route to a 28-16 game and sent his team to the Finals.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Im mostly interested in the following:

KG: I have no clue, its hard to decide between them all when hes been pretty consistent, even in his late age.

Jason Kidd: Prolly one of his last triple double games, not sure about playoffs tho

Iverson: Anyone?

Vince Carter: Orlando or New Jersey?

Duncan: Kind of like KG in his consistency

T-Mac???

Any former star you can think of, when was the last time you saw them play in vintage fashion?

Voodoo Alchemy
09-04-2012, 09:42 PM
i wasn't born when those other guys played

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 09:44 PM
NewJersey Vince Carter vs Toronto he hit the game winning shot in Toronto,I think the game went to 3 overtimes.Epic!

still1ballin
09-04-2012, 10:04 PM
I think Carter put up a 50 point game in Orlando. Forgot when though.

Chronz
09-04-2012, 10:06 PM
I think Carter put up a 50 point game in Orlando. Forgot when though.

Yea I think that was definitely his last great game but that OT game against Toronto with New Jersey sounds like a decent alternative.

Cal827
09-04-2012, 10:07 PM
Eh screw it, by the end of the current players careers.. all of their last best games are going to have come against Toronto lol

beasted86
09-04-2012, 10:32 PM
For T-Mac it was definitely that first game back for the Knicks back in 09-10.

Joshtd1
09-04-2012, 10:51 PM
Duncan for me, I want to say 2008 playoffs game 1, he had 40 points and 15 rebounds I believe in a crazy comeback win.

jericho
09-04-2012, 11:02 PM
I liked vinsanity and tmac but I don't remember their last game were they were good now another 1 of my favs Brandon Roy playing against the mavs 2 yrs ago I almost cried out of joy in that game lol

JasonJohnHorn
09-04-2012, 11:04 PM
Shaq had that one game in Phoenix when they played toronto and Bosh was playing center that night... Shaq ate him up hard. I forget what he ended up with... but he had a few games around that time that made it look like he was tens years from retirement.

Stuckey#3
09-04-2012, 11:23 PM
RS: I think it was that game against the Raptors when he called Bosh out for *****ing about 3 seconds. Shaq was pretty beastly that night.

PS: Im hesitant to say it was that game in the Finals where he just erupted for a vintage 36-20 performance vs Detroit, but on 2nd thought its definitely the close out game vs Detroit the year he won the chip. Some rag on Shaq for his Finals performance that year but he was definitely the MVP of the Detroit series. He utterly controlled the paint and destroyed Detroits foolish 1 on 1 coverage. Shot 12-14 on route to a 28-16 game and sent his team to the Finals.

Did you forget about the Detroit vs LA series when Shaq was shut down by a 6'8 Center? Still bitter over some **** that happened nine years ago. smh.

Chronz
09-04-2012, 11:37 PM
Did you forget about the Detroit vs LA series when Shaq was shut down by a 6'8 Center?
What does that have to do with the thread?

Still bitter over some **** that happened nine years ago. smh.
Bitter? What on earth are you talking about, your post literally makes no sense to me.

But if you wish to debate the matter, can you explain how Shaq got shut down? Didnt he shoot 60% that series?

I liked vinsanity and tmac but I don't remember their last game were they were good now another 1 of my favs Brandon Roy playing against the mavs 2 yrs ago I almost cried out of joy in that game lol

Yea Roy is easy to call.

Duncan for me, I want to say 2008 playoffs game 1, he had 40 points and 15 rebounds I believe in a crazy comeback win.
Ahh yes, good choice. That series should have gone 7. Poor Phoenix, they went out and got Shaq for the purpose of defending the bigs that Amare couldnt. And to his credit Shaq played Duncan pretty well, he just couldnt log the heavy minutes, most of the damage Duncan did came when Shaq was on the bench and Amare attempting to play defense.

Chronz
09-04-2012, 11:42 PM
For T-Mac it was definitely that first game back for the Knicks back in 09-10.

That was when I had hope that Tmac could recover from MF and revert to prime form, even Durant claimed "Tmac is back" on twitter that night.

Still that was more of a great game than an epic one. I think you have to go further back to find his last truly great performance, but yea thats definitely his last best game when you compare what hes done since.

JLynn943
09-05-2012, 12:32 AM
It wasn't necessarily a great game, but I remember one of the last games Iverson ever played. He shot 10/18 for 23 points against the Lakers and looked like his younger self doing it. Afterwards, Kobe remarked that it was great to see Iverson still had it in him (or something along those lines).

Great game though, I'm not sure. He put up 38 points, 9 assists, 3 steals, and 5 rebounds on 13/24 shooting and 11/11 FTs against Utah while playing for Detroit. Better than that though would be in his last full season in Denver when he scored 51 against the Lakers on 18/27 FGs and 15/18 FTs. He also had 8 assists in that one.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
09-05-2012, 12:56 AM
Damn, Jlynn... Reading ur post made me kinda sad. I miss watchin AI play. I remember both those games like it was yesterday.

I want someone 2 post a Rasheed Wallace 1! I loved sheed, I'm 2 lazy lol

Six-8-TheWizard
09-05-2012, 01:02 AM
Eh screw it, by the end of the current players careers.. all of their last best games are going to have come against Toronto lol

:laugh:

So true

Chronz
09-05-2012, 01:06 AM
It wasn't necessarily a great game, but I remember one of the last games Iverson ever played. He shot 10/18 for 23 points against the Lakers and looked like his younger self doing it. Afterwards, Kobe remarked that it was great to see Iverson still had it in him (or something along those lines).

Great game though, I'm not sure. He put up 38 points, 9 assists, 3 steals, and 5 rebounds on 13/24 shooting and 11/11 FTs against Utah while playing for Detroit. Better than that though would be in his last full season in Denver when he scored 51 against the Lakers on 18/27 FGs and 15/18 FTs. He also had 8 assists in that one.
I didnt realize he had those kind of games for Detroit

JLynn943
09-05-2012, 01:45 AM
I didnt realize he had those kind of games for Detroit

Yeah, Detroit wasn't as much of a catastrophe as people remember :laugh2: The problems had more to do with the team not really competing for a playoff spot and with Iverson playing behind Stuckey (if I remember correctly). His play was still solid.

JerseyPalahniuk
09-05-2012, 03:00 AM
GREAT Thread. Can I add:

Grant Hill?
Jerry Stackhouse?
Jermaine O'Neal?

sharqstealth
09-05-2012, 03:21 AM
How about MJ in those Wizards uniform?

Mcdoh
09-05-2012, 04:13 AM
kwame brown against toronto when he can kobe combined for 84pts.. :D

I Rock Shaqs
09-05-2012, 05:12 AM
Jermaine had a pretty good game when he was on the raptors right before he got traded I remember..

Gators123
09-05-2012, 08:36 AM

:laugh2: I think it was 2 seasons ago when Ben Wallace scored a career high 23 points against the Raptors. He even hit a 3 pointer lol.

That was probably his last really good game. 23 points (10-13), 14 rebounds, 5 steals, 4 assist.

Leftcoast_yg
09-05-2012, 08:53 AM
In the fifth and final game of San Antonio's first-round series against Denver in 2007, Finley set the Spurs' record for three-point field goals in a playoff game, making eight of nine attempts. He eclipsed the previous record of seven set by teammate Bruce Bowen in 2003.

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Finley

Michael Finley finished with 26 pts

Cal827
09-05-2012, 11:28 AM
:laugh2: I think it was 2 seasons ago when Ben Wallace scored a career high 23 points against the Raptors. He even hit a 3 pointer lol.

That was probably his last really good game. 23 points (10-13), 14 rebounds, 5 steals, 4 assist.

:laugh: I remember that game.

I :facepalm:ed so much in that game, I had a goddamn handprint on my ****ing Forehead lol

I think Shaq went off for like 45-20 or something like that in that mentioned Toronto-Phoenix game.

I think Mike Bibby had his last really good game against Toronto too.

I'm pretty sure the following are going to join the list (Let's ignore the fact that Kobe and all the others on the list already lol):

Grant Hill
Ray Allen
Luke Harangody
Steve Nash
Pau Gasol
Marcus Camby
Peyton Manning
Mitt Romney
The Laker Forum after Kobe got 81
DoMeFavors (Before the Permaban)
Shaq (I'm half convinced he would come out of retirement to play one game vs the Raptors, claiming " I need to Pad my Stats"!)

:facepalm:

Chronz
09-05-2012, 12:28 PM
GREAT Thread. Can I add:

Grant Hill?
Jerry Stackhouse?
Jermaine O'Neal?

Of course

How about MJ in those Wizards uniform?
Thats pretty easy, I think it was his 40 at 40 that was his final epic game.

LOL

NoahH
09-05-2012, 03:24 PM
T-Mac-
RS: His debut for NYK when he dropped 26-5-4 and everyone thought he was back.
PS: Has T-Mac had a single successful postseason? nope.

kdspurman
09-05-2012, 04:00 PM
In recent memory I think David Robinson went out in a really good way.

Game 6, 2003 Finals vs NJ

Finished with 13 points, 17 rebounds, 2 blocks.

Went out an NBA Champion on Father's Day