PDA

View Full Version : Where does Tracy McGrady fit?

mrblisterdundee
09-04-2012, 06:38 PM
I think it's obvious now that Tracy McGrady needs to latch on to a contender or borderline powerhouse, get out of the first round and maybe even compete for his first championship.
He might have crappy knees, but past injury problems didn't stop Grant Hill from coming back to contribute as a decent role player.
Where and in what role do you see McGrady fitting in best?
Personally, I think he'd be a good fit on either Los Angeles team. It'd be surreal to see him playing alongside Kobe Bryant, while backing up (or even taking the starting position of) Metta World Peace. Really, any contender could use him.

jerellh528
09-04-2012, 06:40 PM
I honestly wouldn't mind him on the lakers to back up mwp, hes a guy who can still create his own shot..hes 33, younger than kobe. I for one still thinks he has something left in him.

TheSource
09-04-2012, 06:47 PM
I'd love to see him on the Lakers, so 2 players that really deserve a ring have a good chance of winning it together (Nash and McGrady, also Dwight Howard but he's still young).

Chronz
09-04-2012, 06:52 PM
I dont think he fits on any contender, I think hes at his best on a treadmill team where he can still get some quality minutes so long as they need a wing to run an offense. I think the Lakers would be a decent fit if only because Tmac is one of the best post entree passers in the league and he knows how to involve bigmen in the PnR.

The closest thing to a contender I can see him fitting in with, more than the Lakers, would be Denver/Dallas. Definitely not Chicago though, he hates playing with Hinrich.

I think this might be his last year, I just want to see him play well. Dont really care about how good his team is and I dont think he does either, he just wants to play well.

STA_PLAR
09-04-2012, 06:54 PM
I'm sick of him switching teams. The next team he plays for should be the last. I would sign him for the vet min in a hearbeat.

Gritz
09-04-2012, 06:58 PM
Houston or Orlando

Stress
09-04-2012, 07:02 PM
houston.

dee279
09-04-2012, 07:03 PM
Couch

Chacarron
09-04-2012, 07:07 PM
I don't want him on my team. He should just retire.

Rivera
09-04-2012, 07:10 PM
In before JB says chicago

JNoel
09-04-2012, 07:10 PM
Lakers, he can play PG, SG, and SF plus they already have a need in the backup SF spot.

Chronz
09-04-2012, 07:12 PM
Lakers, he can play PG, SG, and SF plus they already have a need in the backup SF spot.

Does OKC have a backup for Durant? Durant loves him, maybe he can pull some strings.

DoMeFavors
09-04-2012, 07:19 PM
Chicago,Philly,Dallas, PHX *can maybe bring his health back*

mrblisterdundee
09-04-2012, 08:04 PM
Does OKC have a backup for Durant? Durant loves him, maybe he can pull some strings.

I think he'd fit on any team that has a talented small forward and needs a backup who can move the ball. Indiana and Memphis also sound like good fits.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 08:08 PM
I would love to see him play with his cousin VC again in Dallas,they need a backup sf to Shawn Marion.

Mave1002
09-04-2012, 09:46 PM
Lakers, Backing up Artest. Nuff said.

DH12
Pau
Artest
Kobe
Nash

Hill
AJ
TMac|EBanks
Meeks|Glock
Blake|Duhon|Morris

ldawg
09-04-2012, 11:42 PM
i would really love to see Tmac on the Lakers. Tmac to the Lakers would be crazy. I dont see why not.

Charmers,norris
Wade,Ray Allen,Miller
Lebron,battier,jones
Bosh,Haslem,Lewis
Joel,Pittman

vs

Nash,Blake,Duhon,Morris
Kobe,Meeks,Goudlock
Artest,Tmac,Ebanks,
Pau,Antwan,clark
Howard,Hill,sacre

DeyAce
09-04-2012, 11:57 PM
Clippers or Mavs

IndyRealist
09-05-2012, 12:17 AM
Indiana. I don't trust our wing players off the bench. We could definitely use a ballhandling wing at both SG and SF (because one of either Lance Stephenson or Gerald Green isn't going to work out).

NBA-GMaster
09-05-2012, 04:40 AM
Im guessing between OKC, Indy or Boston.. I dont like him in chicago or even mavs..

Chronz
09-05-2012, 04:52 AM
Indiana. I don't trust our wing players off the bench. We could definitely use a ballhandling wing at both SG and SF (because one of either Lance Stephenson or Gerald Green isn't going to work out).
If Gerald Green ever gets a handle, its over

IndyHeatjman
09-05-2012, 05:14 AM

I don't see Stephenson working out and they have Green for 3 years where as Stephenson is in his final year of contract before the team has an option to keep him or part ways. T-Mac to Indy would be great but i think he wants to play for a larger market. It is, however, the only lingering need for the Pacers. On another note, i wouldn't consider his ballhandling skills to be that much of a priority with Augustine at backup point. Couldn't hurt though.

JasonJohnHorn
09-05-2012, 10:44 AM
I think just about any team could use him. Chi-town could use him as a PG in place of Rose. Lakers could use him off the bench and SF/SG. Same with the Clippers. You could throw him in with Wade in the starting back court for Miami, play with a big guard rotation. Boston could use him to back up at SF/SG as well. Dallas could use him in multiple roles. Philly could use him. He remains versitile and can play PG/SG and SF, so just about every team in the league could use help off the bench at any and all of those position.

Whoever picks him up will get a solid piece. That said... I wonder if some teams are hesitant about taking him on because of his first-round curse. I mean, Atlanta was a second round team for three straight seasons, then he shows up off the bench and BOOM! They lose in the first round! YIKES!

ThunderousDemon
09-05-2012, 11:28 AM
He should just retire, the guy is done for.

ryang
09-05-2012, 12:38 PM
The bench

YoungOne
09-05-2012, 12:57 PM
mavs could be a good fit

FOBolous
09-05-2012, 01:03 PM
he would be a great addition to any team....IF he accepts that fact that he will back a backup and plays limited minutes. I think in Atlanta, he constantly griped about not having enough minutes.

PacersForLife
09-05-2012, 03:11 PM

Yeah I think he would be a good fit for us off the bench as the backup 2 instead of Stephenson. I think Stephenson has what it takes to be a good backup, but not sure if he's ready yet. I gotta disagree with you about Gerald Green though, I'm excited to see what he can do. A bench squad of Augustin, T-Mac, Green, Hansbrough/Plumlee, and Mahinmi would be nice imo. Plus I would like to see T-Mac mentor Paul George and Gerald Green a little bit.

NoahH
09-05-2012, 03:36 PM
No one wants T-Mac? We'll take him :shrug: GO HEAT

Ps. 1000 posts:)