Danny Granger SF
Lance Stephenson SG
2nd Round Pick
Kings Trade:
Tyreke Evans SG
Fransisco Garcia SF
Jimmer Ferdette PG

Win-Win for both franchises.
Kings get rid of Evans, and Pacers get rid of Granger. I like this trade as a Pacers fan because it will be hard to come by any better value from any other team in the league for Granger. Getting a shooter like Evans, another point/shooter in Jimmer, and Garcia to fill a void at the SF position could be about as good as it gets for the Pacers. Indy Starting 5,with a couple of options:
Hill/Augustine/Evans@PG
George/Evans/Hill@SG
Garcia/George/Evans@SF
West@PF
Hibbert@C
However they wanna mix it up, IDK...Any of the above would work for me.

Catfish1314
09-04-2012, 09:38 PM
No complaints from this Kings fan.

EDUTEXANS
09-05-2012, 10:28 AM
If you're a Pacers' fan you probably know better than me, but shoudn't they finally move George to SF and let Evans start at SG? The trade does make sense.

OKC
09-05-2012, 12:10 PM
the trade makes sense.
the lineups dont.
should be like this:
hill
evans
george
west
hibbert
maybe kings have to throw a first round pick in there since granger is far more proven than evans

cardinals1226
09-05-2012, 04:47 PM
This trade is dumb for a couple reasons; Francisco Garcia and the worthless second round pick. The Pacers have zero reason to ask for Garcia in this deal. The Pacers do not need another SF, Green was signed to backup the SG/SF positions. I don't understand why people add second round picks to trades like it adds value. The Pacers slotted spot makes the pick worthless.

Plus, the lineup is stupid. Why would the Pacers trade a starting SF for a starting SG, who they don't start, but instead start a bench SF and continue to play George out of position. Makes no sense.

A better trade would be Granger, Stephenson for Evans, Fredette, first round pick. Drop the Pacers' second round pick and Garcia. Then have a lineup of Hill - Evans- George - West - Hibbert.

IndyHeatjman
09-05-2012, 04:48 PM
I tried to edit the post several times but it wasn't happening. Anyways
Hill
Evans
George
West
Hibbert
would be the optimal lineup IMO. Hill and Augustine could also be a dynamic backcourt, or Augustine and Evans...there will be a lot of options if this trade goes down. I would defintely start George at SF, another reason why this trade should happen. But Hill is a PG/SG, Evans can play PG/SG/SF, George can play SG/SF, and Garcia could play SG/SF, so the final Lineup would be up to Vogel but they will have ALOT of options.

IndyHeatjman
09-05-2012, 04:55 PM
This trade is dumb for a couple reasons; Francisco Garcia and the worthless second round pick. The Pacers have zero reason to ask for Garcia in this deal. The Pacers do not need another SF, Green was signed to backup the SG/SF positions. I don't understand why people add second round picks to trades like it adds value. The Pacers slotted spot makes the pick worthless.

Plus, the lineup is stupid. Why would the Pacers trade a starting SF for a starting SG, who they don't start, but instead start a bench SF and continue to play George out of position. Makes no sense.

A better trade would be Granger, Stephenson for Evans, Fredette, first round pick. Drop the Pacers' second round pick and Garcia. Then have a lineup of Hill - Evans- George - West - Hibbert.

Garcia is in the trade to make the Cap work, And 2nd round pick probably dosen't matter at the end of the day but just some incentive for the kings to agree to the deal. I doubt the Kings will be willing to give up evans and a 1st round pick for granger. But a 1st rounder from Kings would make it a better trade for the Pacers. I also don't believe the Pacers could get a shooter plus a 1st rounder for Granger...13M + contract for 2 yrs and averaged around 18 ppg last season...not valued too highly.

cardinals1226
09-05-2012, 05:18 PM
Garcia is in the trade to make the Cap work, And 2nd round pick probably dosen't matter at the end of the day but just some incentive for the kings to agree to the deal. I doubt the Kings will be willing to give up evans and a 1st round pick for granger. But a 1st rounder from Kings would make it a better trade for the Pacers. I also don't believe the Pacers could get a shooter plus a 1st rounder for Granger...13M + contract for 2 yrs and averaged around 18 ppg last season...not valued too highly.

The trade works just fine without Garcia. His salary doesn't need to be included, the salaries are within 125 percent without him. The first round pick from the Kings would be a future first, not necessarily a 2013.

IndyHeatjman
09-05-2012, 05:34 PM
The trade works just fine without Garcia. His salary doesn't need to be included, the salaries are within 125 percent without him. The first round pick from the Kings would be a future first, not necessarily a 2013.

Not according to espn trade machine...Granger is 13M+, Evans is 5M+ and Garcia is 6M. Jimmer and stephenson will offset the differences respectively. Pacers will need to release some cap soon...They'll need to keep David West. They just commited an awful lot of cap to Hibbert and Hill. With this trade they should be able to make room for resignings next season. I'd like to see them keep Augustine and West as apposed to keeping Granger around. In the end, either team can cut their losses within a couple of years anyway. DG33 for 2yr contract, Evans in the final yr, Garcia 2yr, and Stephenson in the final year with team option to keep him around if need be. Pacers will still need to find a remedy for the Hansbrough situation, and also a later need for cap to keep Paul George. Granger is the only player on pacers roster who has high cap and short-term contract,other than West, so if they'll need cap...He's the goto piece.

EDUTEXANS
09-06-2012, 08:58 AM
Lol at you saying 2nd round picks don't worth anything. You would be amazing GMs...

cardinals1226
09-06-2012, 05:55 PM
Lol at you saying 2nd round picks don't worth anything. You would be amazing GMs...

If the second round pick is top five, maybe top ten, but after pick 40, the second round becomes a crap shoot of unknown foreign players and low reward, high risk players. The Pacers will have a second pick around 50. That equates to a worthless pick. Very few productive players are found that late in the draft.

In a Granger for Evans deal, second round picks ARE worthless.

IndyHeatjman
09-06-2012, 09:27 PM

^ A 2nd round pick isn't worth much...in comparison to a 1st round pick. Otherwise, a draft pick always has value. I never said a pick was worthless. It wasn't even necessary to include the pick in the deal...just might be more appealing to Kings and that would be my goal if i were a GM for Indy. I would trade Granger first and foremost, He's the most valuable piece on the team yet he's the most expendable too. Trading him would be the best move the Pacers could make to go forward with the franchise.

EDUTEXANS
09-07-2012, 01:45 AM
Michael Redd, Trevor Ariza, Paul Millsap and Monta Eillis were 40+ picks, Boozer was a 35th pick, Luis Scola was the 56th pick in 2002, Ginobili and Gortat 57th (I'm not sure on Gortat), Mo Williams and Marc Gasol were drafted around 50th. Isaiah Thomas who played really well in his rookie season last year was the last pick in the draft. Fields and Asik who signed huge deals this offseason were also second round picks. That's just what I can remember right now. I'm sure I'm forgeting a few good players. So please don't tell me second round picks aren't worth anything. When you make a deal, you try to get everything you can out of it.

xxplayerxx23
09-08-2012, 12:32 PM
LANDRY FIELDS WAS A 2nd ROUND PICK!!!!!!!!!!!!!. But yeah I wish Indy would do this, they would get worse IMO. Kings would win this one.

b@llhog24
09-08-2012, 01:01 PM
Pacers Trade:
Danny Granger SF
Lance Stephenson SG
2nd Round Pick
Kings Trade:
Tyreke Evans SG
Fransisco Garcia SF
Jimmer Ferdette PG

Kings get rid of Evans, and Pacers get rid of Granger. I like this trade as a Pacers fan because it will be hard to come by any better value from any other team in the league for Granger. Getting a shooter like Evans, another point/shooter in Jimmer, and Garcia to fill a void at the SF position could be about as good as it gets for the Pacers. Indy Starting 5,with a couple of options:
Hill/Augustine/Evans@PG
George/Evans/Hill@SG
Garcia/George/Evans@SF
West@PF
Hibbert@C

:laugh2:

gambitx777
09-12-2012, 01:17 PM
if i remember right gilbert A. was a second round pick.

but to get indy to pull the trigger you might have to toss in a first. i dont see them felling the need to do this un less they get a first out of it.

EDUTEXANS
09-12-2012, 10:25 PM

but to get indy to pull the trigger you might have to toss in a first. i dont see them felling the need to do this un less they get a first out of it.

Yes but he was 30th overall pick, so he would be a first round pick nowadays.

IndyHeatjman
09-13-2012, 03:07 PM

^ I dont think the Kings would offer up a first pick to obtain granger in this trade. If they would be willing to, then great. On the other hand, they need to get rid of Granger this season so they can have caproom to retain West, Augustine, and Hansbrough this coming offseason. If they get Evans, his contract is expiring and will take some money off the books.

gambitx777
09-16-2012, 12:32 PM
but a player who used to be as good as he was, was still taken in the second round.

also i dont think they should give them a first but thats what i think it would take to get this deal done. the pacers are not letting granger go with out getting a pick in return.

SugeKnight
09-22-2012, 05:49 PM
Good trade. Maybe they could swap picks in the first round.

Basically kings trade Evans and a top 5 protected pick for Granger and a top 25ish pick

IndyHeatjman
09-22-2012, 07:16 PM
Good trade. Maybe they could swap picks in the first round.

Basically kings trade Evans and a top 5 protected pick for Granger and a top 25ish pick

^Makes alot more sense with the swap, good point. I didn't know the Kings had a protected Top 5 pick. That would be great for the Pacers to pick up.

Raps08-09 Champ
09-23-2012, 11:33 PM
Pacers Trade:
Danny Granger SF
Lance Stephenson SG
2nd Round Pick
Kings Trade:
Tyreke Evans SG
Fransisco Garcia SF
Jimmer Ferdette PG

Hill/Augustine/Evans@PG
George/Evans/Hill@SG
Garcia/George/Evans@SF
West@PF
Hibbert@C

Lol, what? Evans is a horrible shooter.

Ebbs
09-27-2012, 01:03 PM
I don't mind it for either side.

IndyHeatjman
09-27-2012, 04:33 PM
Lol, what? Evans is a horrible shooter.

^lol. True. I meant shooter as in SG position. He can still put up 10 to 15 ppg. That's not horrible. Everyone on the Pacers squad already does that too. When you have ten players putting down at least 10ppg, you can win if the defense isn't awful. He'd fit right in with the pacers style of team ball.