PDA

View Full Version : Nba gamepass

pinhead
09-04-2012, 01:25 PM
Does the NBA have something similar to the NFL gamepass? With much more games it would seem a much better purchase than the NFL one. If so:

Have you had it and what is it like?
Has anyone from the UK had it?
How much is it?
Could you put a link up for it?

Thanks.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 01:29 PM
NBA League Pass,you should try it.

Call Direct TV they will hook you up with the special package.

pinhead
09-04-2012, 01:30 PM

I have just seen something about it but it keeps on referring to cable TV. Is there nothing where you can watch it on your computer like the NFL gamepass?

pinhead
09-04-2012, 01:31 PM

Call Direct TV they will hook you up with the special package.

I am in England, that is no good to me.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 01:33 PM
I have just seen something about it but it keeps on referring to cable TV. Is there nothing where you can watch it on your computer like the NFL gamepass?

NBA League Pass Broadbrand internet provider.

pinhead
09-04-2012, 01:39 PM
NBA League Pass Broadbrand internet provider.

http://watch.nba.com/nba/subscribe

Is this the one? A bit pricey but it says you get every game of the regular season so very tempted.

I would like to know quality of it though.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 01:42 PM
It should be great quality if it's a high price.I never tried it but my homeboy from overseas has it and he says it's great quality.

miller
09-04-2012, 05:11 PM
http://watch.nba.com/nba/subscribe - Yeah, thats what you're looking for.

I've tried League Pass over here too Pinhead, I'm in Scotland. The quality is excellent and is actually pretty good value when you consider how little NBA games are actually available on TV in the UK.

Last season there was a free trial of the opening week I think. I think there was a free weekend at some point too. I would imagine there will be something similar at some point this upcoming season too. Look out for that and you can get an idea of what you'd be getting and if you think its worth the price.

NoahH
09-04-2012, 05:33 PM
http://ilp.nba.com is what I use since im from Canada (international). 100$ a year for me and you get every game that isnt nationally televised. Its a great investment. I love it.

pinhead
09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
http://watch.nba.com/nba/subscribe - Yeah, thats what you're looking for.

I've tried League Pass over here too Pinhead, I'm in Scotland. The quality is excellent and is actually pretty good value when you consider how little NBA games are actually available on TV in the UK.

Last season there was a free trial of the opening week I think. I think there was a free weekend at some point too. I would imagine there will be something similar at some point this upcoming season too. Look out for that and you can get an idea of what you'd be getting and if you think its worth the price.

That is great, thanks. When did you get the league pass? Were the games that ESPN shown blacked out like the NFL one?
It seems pricey but when you consider you get every game it seems excellent value.

How many games a week does ESPN show then?

The only reason I would want the test is to check it works on my computer OK.

pinhead
09-04-2012, 08:14 PM
http://ilp.nba.com is what I use since im from Canada (international). 100$ a year for me and you get every game that isnt nationally televised. Its a great investment. I love it.

WTF, that's only about 70. How come the British one is 140 odd?

WaltonSystem
09-04-2012, 08:23 PM
NBA League Pass Broadband/TV is spectacular. I had it at the midway point last year and i wish i had it the full year.

If you miss a game from the night you can rewatch it and always have the box score available. Its spendy but if you love NBA basketball its completely worth the money.

NoahH
09-04-2012, 09:20 PM
WTF, that's only about 70. How come the British one is 140 odd?

Its that expensive in the UK? Wow. :cry:

Niro
09-04-2012, 09:26 PM
if you are from the uk get the international league pass..it has great quality (i think full hd but at least hd ready)
like waltonsystem said you can rewatch the game which is great because i am sure you dont want to stay up all night to watch basketball

Lakers4ItAll
09-05-2012, 12:21 AM
I'm bout to sign up for Direct Tv and they are offering the NFL Ticket for free right now, wish I could get NBA Leabue Pass instead tho.

RogerL88
09-05-2012, 07:57 AM
I live in The Netherlands and I'm going into my third season with league pass. Quality is great most of the times. I always watch games the day after because it's like 3am here when they're on live. I use an hdmi cable from laptop to my tv.

Can really recommend it to every international fan!

IndyHeatjman
09-05-2012, 08:09 AM
Word to the Wise, Direct Tv may say it's free for the NFL deal but it's only free for a limited amount of time...i think 6 months and you have to agree to a 2 year contract...Just be sure you get all the right details about NBA package from Direct TV cuz they will try and sell you only the info you want to hear... but dosen't everyone,lol.

miller
09-05-2012, 08:34 AM
That is great, thanks. When did you get the league pass? Were the games that ESPN shown blacked out like the NFL one?
It seems pricey but when you consider you get every game it seems excellent value.

How many games a week does ESPN show then?

The only reason I would want the test is to check it works on my computer OK.

Last season ESPN channel on Sky had about 2-3 games a week live on average, and would repeat them the next day. But with that being a lockout shortened season there might be more this time.

But none of the games were blacked out I don't think. But I was mainly watching Knicks games and they were hardly ever on TV here unless they were playing the Heat or something. If you're a Heat, Boston or Lakers fan then ESPN alone might do you as they were on lots.

But it was excellent during the playoffs as it showed most of the games played.

Near the start of the season I would expect at least a free weekend trial to come up so look out for that and you can see if it works well enough to be worth the price for you.

koreancabbage
09-05-2012, 08:50 AM
you won't get any blackouts if you live anywhere else but North America. All the major tv stations will blackout a game if you're in their vicinity of any networks they will show it on.

thenaj17
09-05-2012, 09:05 AM
Go via NBA.com and click international league pass. It costs 140 roughly for the whole year + playoffs + all star etc.

I've had it 3 years now and it's got better each year. There are rarely any problems, there are no game blackouts like NFL due to Sky Sports deal.

You can watch ANY game live or even 2 games on the same screen live (1 screen is small size in corner, think of how last games of premier league season are shown) so you can switch between the 2 if there is a break in 1 of them.

You can also watch any of the games the next day as if it's live, which is what i always do so that i don't have to stay up until 1.00am to watch each game. Think of that like Sky + so you don't know the score or anything but as a bonus, it cuts out the adverts and you can fast forward at anytime or rewind by either 10 seconds or 1 minute (1 button for each)

For 140 it's a real bargain as you can watch every single game if you had no job. I have watch 100 Lakers games each of the last 3 seasons + a load of other different games when i fancied such as some Heat, Bulls, Spurs, Thunder, Celtics games.

All you have to do is create a login, pay the fee and download some software so the games can run - they run by videos similar to youtube so if connection is slow, pause it for a minute and it will load up. I've not had this problem for a long time though.

Anything else, just ask.

thenaj17
09-05-2012, 09:11 AM
Its that expensive in the UK? Wow. :cry:

Yeh $220 or something and as our exchange rate is so poor at the moment, that makes it 140.

Still worth it though in my eyes as our coverage here is very minimal.

Even channels we have called ESPN and ESPN America aren't actually your ESPN.

Would be nice to have TNT and ABC aswell but i may just have to end up moving to America!

Knicks21
09-05-2012, 09:17 AM
****ing 220 dollars for the whole season for international users, they are practically asking me to pirate it or watch it on live stream.

Patman
09-05-2012, 09:24 AM
Go via NBA.com and click international league pass. It costs 140 roughly for the whole year + playoffs + all star etc.

I've had it 3 years now and it's got better each year. There are rarely any problems, there are no game blackouts like NFL due to Sky Sports deal.

You can watch ANY game live or even 2 games on the same screen live (1 screen is small size in corner, think of how last games of premier league season are shown) so you can switch between the 2 if there is a break in 1 of them.

You can also watch any of the games the next day as if it's live, which is what i always do so that i don't have to stay up until 1.00am to watch each game. Think of that like Sky + so you don't know the score or anything but as a bonus, it cuts out the adverts and you can fast forward at anytime or rewind by either 10 seconds or 1 minute (1 button for each)

For 140 it's a real bargain as you can watch every single game if you had no job. I have watch 100 Lakers games each of the last 3 seasons + a load of other different games when i fancied such as some Heat, Bulls, Spurs, Thunder, Celtics games.

All you have to do is create a login, pay the fee and download some software so the games can run - they run by videos similar to youtube so if connection is slow, pause it for a minute and it will load up. I've not had this problem for a long time though.

Anything else, just ask.

I think for the price they could improve some aspects of it, Launch week is atrocious most of the time, thanks to the free promo. I have bad memories about last years season Start on Christmas....... . They also seem to make the same mistake every year, let's see if this year will be different (the 1min forward button was already missing for the Team USA preparation games).
They still leave the Breaks in, for on demand games, instead of just cutting them out, but at least they implemented a 1 min forward button. Also sometimes the quality will drop to the lowest and not get better (on demand) until you reload the page, but that got better (this was after they introduced the new layout).
Picture quality is good most of the time , highest quality still looks very good on a big screen (52").

Overall it's a nice investment, especially the on demand stuff is great as an European, since outside of Sunday games everything is during the night. Sometimes they have issues with some games the day after, but I had that only a few times over the season. Just love it to be able to go back to any game of the season .
According to MS press release, there should be an App coming for the Xbox, so for all the Xbox owners this should be nice, even though I'm skeptic about getting the app here (don't even have youtube).

jimm120
09-05-2012, 09:29 AM
Does the NBA have something similar to the NFL gamepass? With much more games it would seem a much better purchase than the NFL one. If so:

Have you had it and what is it like?
Has anyone from the UK had it?
How much is it?
Could you put a link up for it?

Thanks.
I

I had it two years ago and liked it. The quality was WAAAAAYYYY better than the online streams.

I'm in the Dominican republic, so I got the international edition. It was good quality and supposedly better than the american version.

I payed like $60 bucks at mid season. I didn't pay for it last year because they wanted to make a "special" (since it was a shortened season). They packaged the playoffs and regular season for $110 if I remember correctly. Since I didn't care about playoffs, I was bummed at the high price. So, I didn't get it last year. But two seasons ago at mid season it was $60 and loved it.

thenaj17
09-05-2012, 10:03 AM
I think for the price they could improve some aspects of it, Launch week is atrocious most of the time, thanks to the free promo. I have bad memories about last years season Start on Christmas....... . They also seem to make the same mistake every year, let's see if this year will be different (the 1min forward button was already missing for the Team USA preparation games).
They still leave the Breaks in, for on demand games, instead of just cutting them out, but at least they implemented a 1 min forward button. Also sometimes the quality will drop to the lowest and not get better (on demand) until you reload the page, but that got better (this was after they introduced the new layout).
Picture quality is good most of the time , highest quality still looks very good on a big screen (52").

Overall it's a nice investment, especially the on demand stuff is great as an European, since outside of Sunday games everything is during the night. Sometimes they have issues with some games the day after, but I had that only a few times over the season. Just love it to be able to go back to any game of the season .
According to MS press release, there should be an App coming for the Xbox, so for all the Xbox owners this should be nice, even though I'm skeptic about getting the app here (don't even have youtube).

Yeh i agree with you that it's not perfect and some aspects could improve. First week was a bit hectic but i this is the 1st year it's been this way - guess that must be the extra traffic for free week.

The breaks used to have the adverts but at least it's possible to skip now, i just click the fast forward button twice during timeouts and that works out OK. Granted they should just cut this out but only a very minor inconvenience.

I always watch the games on a PC so the lower resolution doesn't affect me as much although i will probably get longer cabled DVI to play on my TV this year

YoungOne
09-05-2012, 10:27 AM
I buy it now for the 5th year and it improves steadily. I would recommend it.
But I believe there are some differences between US LP and International LP

goose14741
09-05-2012, 11:03 AM
Firstrowsports.eu

I stream every game for free off of there, any sport.

jimm120
09-05-2012, 11:43 AM
You're gonna get flagged btw.

Anyway, online streaming sites is what I mostly use. But their quality is usually very choppy. NFL USUALLY HAS tons of of alternate links for games, so u can easily go through all the feeds to pick which is the best.

NBA games though can sometimes end up without a feed . Not always but sometimes. Also, there are fewer feeds...like 1-3 and usually one doesn't work. So in NBA, what u get is what you get. quality usually isn't too good (very blocky).

That's my analysis of streaming sites . Not the best endorsement, especially from someone that uses it a lot. But it's good for football simply because there are so many streams, you can usually find a good looking stream. Plus, nfl pass is tons expensive. Nba is cheaper (though I would not want the playoffs so it'd be cheaper but what can you do....)

Patman
09-05-2012, 02:55 PM
Yeh i agree with you that it's not perfect and some aspects could improve. First week was a bit hectic but i this is the 1st year it's been this way - guess that must be the extra traffic for free week.

Last year was bad, that was because Fee Promo and the Season started at Christmas which always has many live viewers. But I always had some trouble in the first week or two, nothing serious just had to switch to lower quality quite often.

The breaks used to have the adverts but at least it's possible to skip now, i just click the fast forward button twice during timeouts and that works out OK. Granted they should just cut this out but only a very minor inconvenience.

Yeah I can remember they had the US adverts in the first year it was available here, they also had the reruns on a schedule and not on demand, that was a bit iffy. After that they had the screen and that annoying music which was bad live and they added the Nba cares thing and the rerun of about 5 historic moment clips for months. Yeah since they added the fast forward button its ok, but they already have the timestamps where they insert their "Never miss a Shot" screen, just cut that stuff out.

I actually would prefer to watch the US adverts then the Screens they have now. The adverts are just so different from the local ads.

I always watch the games on a PC so the lower resolution doesn't affect me as much although i will probably get longer cabled DVI to play on my TV this year

Do that, the highest quality looks great on a TV. I'm still keeping my fingers crossed for the Xbox app, but the solution with a DVI/HDMI cable works just fine.

The Price is fine, if I think back what I paid to watch 1-2 games a week and a lame 30 min show that showed some game footage, before ILP it's actually cheap.

Patman
09-05-2012, 02:58 PM
Firstrowsports.eu

This will probably get you flagged.

It's fine if quality doesn't matter and you only watch games live. The really great thing about it is that every game is on demand, which is quite useful if games start between 1 and 3 am in your timezone.

NoahH
09-05-2012, 03:01 PM
Firstrowsports.eu

In before he's banned :dance: