PDA

View Full Version : Taj Gibson: we can still compete without Derrick Rose

mrblisterdundee
09-04-2012, 09:55 AM
Taj Gibson says his role will increase, and the Bulls will still compete (http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8335151/chicago-bulls-guard-taj-gibson-expects-step-game-derrick-rose-sidelined). I like his confidence, but I don't know if he understands how much his team depends on Derrick Rose. In his last healthy, full season - 2010-11 - he scored 25 percent of the Bulls' points, completed 34 percent of their assists, grabbed 9 percent of their rebounds and took 14 percent of their steals.
Where do you think the Bulls finish without Derrick Rose?
For me, the loss of Rose made the Central Division the weakest in the NBA, despite my thinking that Indiana is still a top-4 team in the east. The Bulls will still make the playoffs, in my opinion, but they'll be in the bottom half, and they're offense will be seriously laconic without Rose directing it. You can't deny that they have, perennially, one if the best front courts in the league.

Big Zo
09-04-2012, 10:05 AM
If by "compete" he means they can lose by less than 20 points a night, then yes.

koreancabbage
09-04-2012, 10:05 AM
sure, anyone can compete. Bulls are gonna be just a regular season team. they are screwed come playoff time anyways (if Rose wasn't able to play)

AndyfromNeptune
09-04-2012, 10:06 AM
They are a bubble playoff team as long as Rose is out.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-04-2012, 10:14 AM
I put them at a little above .500 without Rose all season. 42-48 wins, so a 6-8 seed. Thibs is too good of a coach not to lead this team into the playoffs in the East. This is assuming that Noah, Boozer, Deng, etc. all stay healthy themselves.

StarvingKnick22
09-04-2012, 10:14 AM
Ask the cavs how they did without there star player. NOT SO GOOD

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 10:35 AM
How many timez must we prove to you people that we're an elite "TEAM" in the NBA period. 2 yrs ago we were the number 1 seed with Noah, and Boozer missing about 50% of the season. Last yr we were the # 1 seed with Rose missing half of the season and Deng banged up.

Miami... you got your rings by default because Rose got hurt... just admit it. This team we have now actually has the potential to be better than those teams with a healthy D. Rose. Say what you want,... the defense is still gonna be HELL, and the offense has just increased!

K. Hinrich, M. Bellini, N. Robinson, and our rookie J. Butler trumps

CJ Watson, Brewer, and K. Korver. FACT.... so keep sleeping. Our biggest loss was ASIK... hopefully we get another big.

I say we finish 5th in the East. See you in the playoffs....

Mr. Rose wants his ring!

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 10:37 AM
If by "compete" he means they can lose by less than 20 points a night, then yes.

Can you even point out 1 game last yr without D. Rose where we loss by 20?

maaaybe 1..... "MAAAYBE". so knock it off.

LongIslandIcedZ
09-04-2012, 10:41 AM
I'd be concerned if Taj didnt feel that way.

NYKnickFanatic
09-04-2012, 10:42 AM
I think they will make the playoffs, hopefully DRose is ready before/by playoff time.

MTL_123
09-04-2012, 10:44 AM
How many timez must we prove to you people that we're an elite "TEAM" in the NBA period. 2 yrs ago we were the number 1 seed with Noah, and Boozer missing about 50% of the season. Last yr we were the # 1 seed with Rose missing half of the season and Deng banged up.

Miami... you got your rings by default because Rose got hurt... just admit it. This team we have now actually has the potential to be better than those teams with a healthy D. Rose. Say what you want,... the defense is still gonna be HELL, and the offense has just increased!

CJ Watson, Brewer, and K. Korver. FACT.... so keep sleeping. Our biggest loss was ASIK... hopefully we get another big.

Mr. Rose wants his ring!

ahahhahahahahhahah Mr. Rose can want a ring all he wants as long as miami's core of lebron wade and bosh is still there Mr. Rose isnt gonna get **** lol

Byronicle
09-04-2012, 10:46 AM
they should tank this season and grab a high draft pick to become Rose's sidekick

like what Westbrook is to Durant

this is not a hit to Chicago. Its just if they tank this season and when Rose comes back and eases him back to the game slowly, next season they will absolutely dominate with the return of a 100% healthy Rose and high draft pick coming in

amnesty Boozer, team option Hamilton and offer a max contract to Harden

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 10:46 AM
Even if the Bulls had a healthy Rose I still don't see them beating Miami in a 7game series.

monzternipz12
09-04-2012, 10:47 AM
Here's another instance of, "wtf is he suppose to say???"
Can they compete? yes
Will they win a ring? No, and winning a ring is what it's all about.

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 10:58 AM
ahahhahahahahhahah Mr. Rose can want a ring all he wants as long as miami's core of lebron wade and bosh is still there Mr. Rose isnt gonna get **** lol

Our team dosn't fear "the little 3".... you aint real champs until you come through Chicago. See you in the playoffs.

lol.. Rose gonna be even more dangerous. Yall makin a MONSTER. Rose was already the most talented player in the league "WITHOUT WEIGHT TRAINING"..... now he's gonna just be an absolute nightmare to guard.

Lakers4ItAll
09-04-2012, 11:00 AM
keep dreaming Taj

ChicagoJ
09-04-2012, 11:01 AM
The bulls will be better than most people think and without rose still should be a decent regular season team. We have to see how the new players gel and compare to last years team (they could actually be better in the playoffs). But, the bulls will need rose in the post season for sure.

As for taj, he's saying what all players will say. Nothing surprising there. There isn't anything untrue in what he said anyway. They will be competitive even without rose.

Pierzynski4Prez
09-04-2012, 11:02 AM
they should tank this season and grab a high draft pick to become Rose's sidekick

like what Westbrook is to Durant

this is not a hit to Chicago. Its just if they tank this season and when Rose comes back and eases him back to the game slowly, next season they will absolutely dominate with the return of a 100% healthy Rose and high draft pick coming in

amnesty Boozer, team option Hamilton and offer a max contract to Harden

Nobody goes into a season with the plan to tank. They may go into the season with ****** rosters, like ORL and CHA, but nobody wants or plans to lose. I hate when people say they should tank, because it would never happen with any organization. If it did, many people would lose their jobs which is why teams don't just go into the season with the mindset of "tanking."

MTL_123
09-04-2012, 11:06 AM
Our team dosn't fear "the little 3".... you aint real champs until you come through Chicago. See you in the playoffs.

lol.. Rose gonna be even more dangerous. Yall makin a MONSTER. Rose was already the most talented player in the league "WITHOUT WEIGHT TRAINING"..... now he's gonna just be an absolute nightmare to guard.

ahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahha:facep alm: crack is a hell of a drug

Muttman73
09-04-2012, 11:10 AM

:o
Enjoy your moment

Avenged
09-04-2012, 11:10 AM
Hah.

Compete in terms of being mediocre, if that? Sure.

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 11:15 AM
ahhahahahhahahahhahahhahahahhahahahahhahahha:facep alm: crack is a hell of a drug

Sir... I hate to tell you.... but your friend Le'BRICK James can't do half of the stuff D. Rose does with the basketball. Rose is the best "FINISHER" in the NBA. He has layups more spectacular than your fAVORITE L. James dunk.
PERIOD. and all FACT.

Lebron James shoots 15 freethrows a a game to avg 26ppg! If D. Rose shot 15 freethrows a game he would avg 30ppg. What kills me is Lebron gets bailed out with freethrows all day and he's 260 pounds, but Rose has to play like Emmit Smith through NO CALLS.

^^FACTS

Pierzynski4Prez
09-04-2012, 11:16 AM
Please don't group all bulls fans in with what the King is saying here.

IIISSKiLL
09-04-2012, 11:24 AM

what happened when chicago had the best record in the nba ? MIAMI BEAT THEM 4 GAMES TO 1 !! until and only until chicago beats them in a playoff series I don't want to hear that "your luckly rose was injuried" ********.. until you beat the guys who DESTROYED you two years ago in the playoffs i don't want to hear your ****.. facts buddy gimme facts

85BearsDefense
09-04-2012, 11:26 AM

good luck beating Boston and LA... should be a helluva series.

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 11:28 AM
It's not even questionable.... You can't even show me finishes like this from Lebron James. Rose does this with the left or right hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q8Cx85w-uw

naps
09-04-2012, 11:29 AM

Mr. Rose wants his ring!

Miami would most likely sweep the Bulls and LeBron would shut down Rose like a little puppy. Just like what happened in 2011 when Rose was at his best.

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 11:33 AM
what happened when chicago had the best record in the nba ? MIAMI BEAT THEM 4 GAMES TO 1 !! until and only until chicago beats them in a playoff series I don't want to hear that "your luckly rose was injuried" ********.. until you beat the guys who DESTROYED you two years ago in the playoffs i don't want to hear your ****.. facts buddy gimme facts

:rolleyes:

If I'm not mistaking.......2 yrs ago ya did beat us in 6 games I believe. 2 or 3 in which you won because the REFs forced overtime with rediculous WHISTLES. <<< FACT. (& we did that with an injured Noah, Boozer, and K. BOGANS as our SG

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 11:34 AM
I guess we will see.

dh144498
09-04-2012, 11:34 AM
by compete he means just play. Look at what happened in the playoffs without Rose. Got detroyed.

koreancabbage
09-04-2012, 11:36 AM
It's not even questionable.... You can't even show me finishes like this from Lebron James. Rose does this with the left or right hand.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Q8Cx85w-uw

its not even questionable Lebron is the best player in the game

and this is what happens when he becomes too predictable

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFUoJLf0G7Q

see, anyone can post up youtube vids

Even with a healthy Rose, they couldn't beat Miami in a 7 game series. Until proven otherwise, Miami > Chicago in the playoffs.

its not even questionable Lebron is the best player in the game

koreancabbage
09-04-2012, 11:38 AM

If I'm not mistaking.......2 yrs ago ya did beat us in 6 games I believe. 2 or 3 in which you won because the REFs forced overtime with rediculous WHISTLES. <<< FACT. (& we did that with an injured Noah, Boozer, and K. BOGANS as our SG

so Chicago still lost right? I'm glad you know your facts.

if the refs were helping Miami, then what would be different this time around? BUAHAHAHAHAHAHA

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 11:54 AM
^^^ I'm glad the "BUDDY BALL" system got their 1 ring in MR. Rose's absence. Thats the ONLY way it was goin down.

Rose is the best player in the NBA....Anybody can make 15 freethrows Lebron.

Hoopsadvocate
09-04-2012, 12:00 PM

Mr. Rose wants his ring!

If u were so elite why did u lose in 5 games in the ECF to Miami in our first season together.

Yet U think a banged up recovering from traumatic injury D rose on a slightly worse bulls team can compete with the upgrades other real contenders have made? Get out of here.

You will make the playoffs but once he comes back u still have slim chance against Miami and boston. You might be on Indiana's level with him in the playoffs though.

He will be waiting a while for that ring if that.

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 12:02 PM
We. Will. See.

Hoopsadvocate
09-04-2012, 12:06 PM

You are mistaken it was 5 games and u barely won 1 with a healthy d rose.

So all your smack talk is pointless we already steamrolled u in the playoffs with him. So u can't use that lame excuse.

Learn your facts before talking smack maybe?

Hoopsadvocate
09-04-2012, 12:07 PM
We. Will. See.

We.have.seen.and.you.lost.

lavilevi23
09-04-2012, 12:07 PM
KINGBAIZE go to sleep. You must be like 11 years old. None of what you said is true.
The Bulls' bench got much worse, they lost Rose for 3/4 of the season, Deng is injured, LeBron is easliy the best player in the world, Rose is hardly top 7, the Bulls will be lucky to make it to the second round while the HEAT are expected to repeat.
Oh and one more thing- The HEAT beat your sorry *** team in 5 games NOT 6 back in 2011. People then start wondering why Bulls fans have a bad name as fans, you are the perfect example why.

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 12:08 PM
Your ring came in Derrick Rose's absence. Just hold that quote dear to your lil hearts. HAHA.

koreancabbage
09-04-2012, 12:10 PM
^^^ I'm glad the "BUDDY BALL" system got their 1 ring in MR. Rose's absence. Thats the ONLY way it was goin down.

buddy ball is the best way to play. prolongs your team's ability to win. Look at Rose, in an instance he becomes injured from the way he plays and Chicago is ****ed..

Rose is not the best player in the NBA. He's the best finisher but not the best player overall. Lebron can guard up to 4 positions, put up big stats, and win. He took his team (Cleveland) to the NBA Finals by himself with a bunch of role players. Rose has yet to do that on probably a better Chicago team with Deng and Noah.

really? cuz getting 15 free throws is hard in itself.

Don't get me wrong, Rose is a top 5 talent but Lebron is undoubtedly the best player and has been for a few years now. If you keep saying Rose is better than Lebron right now, you have to take your homer glasses off.

lavilevi23
09-04-2012, 12:10 PM
What a troll

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 12:12 PM
KINGBAIZE go to sleep. You must be like 11 years old. None of what you said is true.
The Bulls' bench got much worse, they lost Rose for 3/4 of the season, Deng is injured, LeBron is easliy the best player in the world, Rose is hardly top 7, the Bulls will be lucky to make it to the second round while the HEAT are expected to win repeat.
Oh and one more thing- The HEAT beat your sorry *** team in 5 games NOT 6 back in 2011. People then start wondering why Bulls fans have a bad name as fans, you are the perfect example why.

Bulls bench didn't get worst. Nate Robinson avg 17ppg... CJ watson dosn't. K. Korver is a stand still shooter, M. Bellini shoots on his level and can create his own shot. K. Hinrich scores more points than R. Brewer and plays lock down D like Brewer. O. Asik may get you 4points on a good night and N. Mohammed is 7 ft and can do the same as a back up.

& I believe I said we lost in 5 or 6 games... so Stop the lies.

ALL FACTs.

Hoopsadvocate
09-04-2012, 12:13 PM
Your ring came in Derrick Rose's absence. Just hold that quote dear to your lil hearts. HAHA.

U have no ring and a crippled franchise player. Nobody but bulls fans say it was because rose was missing cause if he was there what we would beat u in 5 again? Hell it would have been easier than Indiana. I hope he does come back and makes our trip to the finals easier. And use bulls fans tears to polish our trophy AGAIN!

justinnum1
09-04-2012, 12:14 PM

Mr. Rose wants his ring!
every time i read the bold i laugh

koreancabbage
09-04-2012, 12:14 PM
Bulls bench didn't get worst. Nate Robinson avg 17ppg... CJ watson dosn't. K. Korver is a stand still shooter, M. Bellini shoots on his level and can create his own shot. K. Hinrich scores more points than R. Brewer and plays lock down D like Brewer. O. Asik may get you 4points on a good night and N. Mohammed is 7 ft and can do the same as a back up.

ALL FACTs.

All fact: chicago still lost. no lies here. until proven otherwise, Miami will beat Chicago in a 7 game series.

history.repeats.itself

:D

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 12:18 PM
^^^ That history didn't include rings for you at that time so it dosn't matter. U lost to the punk *** Dallas Mavericks.

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 12:19 PM
U aint true champs until you come through D. Rose & the CHI. We will be there in the end.

Hoopsadvocate
09-04-2012, 12:21 PM
The Bulls' bench got much worse, they lost Rose for 3/4 of the season, Deng is injured, LeBron is easliy the best player in the world, Rose is hardly top 7, the Bulls will be lucky to make it to the second round while the HEAT are expected to win repeat.

ALL FACTs.

Nate Robinson is a chucker that why he gets more points he is also a much much worse defender and a huge liability on defense. Belineli is a worse shooter than korver so what if he can get his own shot he's easily defendable with korver it doesn't matter if he was stand still he could drain them from anywhere and with hands in his face belinelli won't. Hinrich only scored more points cause he was on worse teams he will not be scoring so much on a solid bulls team.

And Omar asik was your best post defender. Thibs would use him over Noah when he needed lock down d. His points are irrelevant compared to his defensive impact. And LMAO at Nazi Mohammad replacing him that guy is a scrub so what if he is close to 7 ft he's a sub par defender and 0 offensive game.

You got worse. How do I know more about ur own players than u do...

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 12:23 PM
WAMP WAMP WAMp. the fact is...... we just added a potential 25- 30 more points to our offense, with the same solid defense. It's gonna be much harder than you think. See you in the playoffs.

Hoopsadvocate
09-04-2012, 12:25 PM
U aint true champs until you come through D. Rose & the CHI. We will be there in the end.

So I guess this means the Mavs aren't true champs either since they didn't go through D Blows and the bulls.

Your overrating him nobody cares about going thru him and his scrubs anymore.

You'll meet Indiana or Boston in the 2nd round and lose. So hang on to that excuse you will be using it for a while.

Hoopsadvocate
09-04-2012, 12:26 PM
WAMP WAMP WAMp. the fact is...... we just added a potential 25- 30 more points to our offense, with the same solid defense. It's gonna be much harder than you think. See you in the playoffs.

Not facts at all because players stats never transition into actual points added to the team. And 2nd your defense got much worse with losing asik and brewer.

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 12:29 PM
The Heat are sum ho'z. They play the game to get easy seeds in the 1st round to have the easiest path to the ECF. We just Bully our way through whoever is in the way.

Yall got no heart... just superstar whistles and dramatized acting & flopping. True divas.

KINGBAIZE
09-04-2012, 12:31 PM
Not facts at all because players stats never transition into actual points added to the team. And 2nd your defense got much worse with losing asik and brewer.

I'll give you the loss of ASIK.... that will hurt us some, but K. Hinrich plays D as well as Brewer and can score anywhere from 12- 20pts on any given night. Brewer cant! So if we find a solid backup to replace ASIK, we're better in my opinion.

2-ONE-5
if he means compete for the lottery then yea I agree.

mrblisterdundee

Yes; I'm sure Rose hadn't been lifting weights like most other NBA players, just like I'm sure Dwayne Wade or LeBron James would never be able to guard him.

Hoopsadvocate
09-04-2012, 12:34 PM
The Heat are sum ho'z. They play the game to get easy seeds in the 1st round to have the easiest path to the ECF. We just Bully our way through whoever is in the way.

Yall got no heart... just superstar whistles and dramatized acting & flopping. True divas.

U played the same team we did in the first round the year before (Philly) and LOST lol so good job bullying your way out the first round.

Keep em coming I like this game.

netsgiantsyanks
09-04-2012, 12:35 PM
Ask the cavs how they did without there star player. NOT SO GOOD

derrick rose isn't lebron james.

nycsports2
09-04-2012, 12:43 PM
they can beat most teams without rose but not the top tier

TheIlladelph16
09-04-2012, 12:50 PM
Reading King's Rose/Bulls posts are like reading BKLYNKNICKS talk about Melo and the Knicks... It's fun to engage the trolls for awhile then it becomes tiresome. We all remember the literary classic If You Give a Moose a Muffin and the lessons are applicable here haha

The Bulls can certainly compete in the regular season. They have a great coach, play great team defense, and have enough balance in the lineup that they can get a mid to low seed going into the playoffs. Unfortunately, unless Rose is 100% (very, very, very unlikely) come playoff time they will not be a factor next season. It takes at least two stars to win a championship, and the way I see it the Bulls have none until Rose is healthy again.

Hester23Jordan
09-04-2012, 12:51 PM
As much as I can't stand Heat fans, I feel the need to sincerely apologize for the idiotic statements kingbaize is saying. Its people like you that make everyone hate Bulls fans.

MTL_123
09-04-2012, 12:57 PM

u wish the bulls lasted 6 games
and we still beat you guys with a injured Wade,miller,Ud who all played alot of mins and our starting pg was bibby FACT.

MTL_123
09-04-2012, 12:59 PM
As much as I can't stand Heat fans, I feel the need to sincerely apologize for the idiotic statements kingbaize is saying. Its people like you that make everyone hate Bulls fans.

THis

85BearsDefense
09-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Compete:
verb (used without object), comĚpetĚed, comĚpetĚing.
to strive to outdo another for acknowledgment, a prize, supremacy, profit, etc.; engage in a contest; vie: to compete in a race; to compete in business.

The bulls can do that.

85BearsDefense
09-04-2012, 01:05 PM
However dont expect them to be a top seed again, likely in the 4-6 range.

IIISSKiLL
09-04-2012, 01:30 PM
Miami is lucky D.Howard was injuried because if not they would have faced okc in the finals

DR_1
09-04-2012, 01:34 PM

If the Bulls lose by 20 then the Heat will lose by 40

Big Zo
09-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Can you even point out 1 game last yr without D. Rose where we loss by 20?

maaaybe 1..... "MAAAYBE". so knock it off.

They're gonna be without more than Derrick Rose this year...

Big Zo
09-04-2012, 01:41 PM
If the Bulls lose by 20 then the Heat will lose by 40

Lol sure. And I didn't say they were gonna lose by 20. I said they will "compete" by losing by less than 20.

smiddy012
09-04-2012, 01:49 PM

:facepalm:

This tool does not represent Bulls fans as a whole...

smiddy012
09-04-2012, 01:55 PM

This would be so genius if he was trolling... but he isn't.

imagesrdecievin
09-04-2012, 01:57 PM
Bulls should absolutely tank this year. It's almost like a blessing in disguise because there really isn't any other way to get a legit 2nd guy to complement Rose.

Doesn't Chi have the Bobcats pick too? Even if they don't want a rookie - they could always package the picks for a serious talent infusion.

smiddy012
09-04-2012, 01:59 PM
Yes; I'm sure Rose hadn't been lifting weights like most other NBA players, just like I'm sure Dwayne Wade or LeBron James would never be able to guard him.

Lebron could. Wade never could.

Big Zo
09-04-2012, 02:00 PM
Bulls should absolutely tank this year. It's almost like a blessing in disguise because there really isn't any other way to get a legit 2nd guy to complement Rose.

Doesn't Chi have the Bobcats pick too? Even if they don't want a rookie - they could always package the picks for a serious talent infusion.

They pride themselves on being regular season champs, so they'll never do that.

imagesrdecievin
09-04-2012, 02:03 PM
They pride themselves on being regular season champs, so they'll never do that.

Marsellus Wallace: The night of the fight, you may feel a slight sting. That's pride ****ing with you. **** pride. Pride only hurts. It never helps. You fight through that ****.

jp611
09-04-2012, 02:06 PM
Once again a Bulls thread becomes a bait fest and insult fest of Bulls fans due to 1 Bulls fan being a clown

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 02:17 PM
Once again a Bulls thread becomes a bait fest and insult fest of Bulls fans due to 1 Bulls fan being a clown

This.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 02:19 PM

He did it for the llullz.

SteBO
09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Bulls fans, you don't need to worry about what other fanbases are going to feel about you because the rational and objective posters here are going to know better about grouping an entire fanbase together based on 1 poster.

KINGBAIZE, I commend you for being a radical fan because I know I am in regards to the Heat. Even so, I know how to temper it so I can be objective when it comes to player analysis and the sport as a whole. You need to seriously temper your fandom here. Bottom line is that we'll never know how the playoffs would've gone had Rose not gotten injured. No doubt it changed the landscape of the playoffs simply because he's the superstar on a title contending team. But to try and downplay Miami's championship because of it is very short sighted of you, especially when you're coming off a year where you lost to Miami 4-1 in the ECF. You don't really have a leg to stand on here dude no matter how you slice it.

On topic, Taj Gibson is absolutely right here. They performed well without him in the regular season, so there's not much a reason to believe that they won't this year. Granted the bench isn't quite as good as last year based on the chemistry that was shown, but it isn't anywhere near as bad as some seem to believe. Plus, Thibs is their coach and they have an outstanding defense.

SteBO
09-04-2012, 02:32 PM
Going to have to lock this thread. To much baiting.......