PDA

View Full Version : Dwight meets Kareem, tweets about it "Me and @kaj33 together. For many years to come"

Raph12
09-03-2012, 06:16 PM
http://twitter.com/DwightHoward
http://twitter.com/DwightHoward/status/242735372092715008/photo/1
http://twitter.com/DwightHoward/status/242735372092715008/photo/1/large

Dwight Howard‏@DwightHoward
Just set down with @kaj33. Man God is so good. Was in tears. What a blessing. This is like a dream come true. Go Lakers

Dwight Howard‏@DwightHoward
Me and @kaj33 together. For many years to come. pic.twitter.com/YR9ACNdH

Magic Johnson may not be the only former Lakers player convincing Dwight to stay in LA...

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 06:18 PM
Dwight respects the great centers unlike Bynum.Kareem will help Dwight get better with his footwork in the post.

Great to see,Lakers Nation.

Zefflin
09-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Of coarse.

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 06:20 PM
Damn Dwight looks small next to Kareem,keep hitting those weights Dwight.

Lakers + Giants
09-03-2012, 06:23 PM
:dance:

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 06:26 PM
For many years 2 come=Lakers 4 life.

Aust
09-03-2012, 06:30 PM
Kareem gets his statue, and being in the good mood he's in decides to do a little persuading magic :laugh:

Nah but seriously, I wonder how much it gonna cost him to take his tutoring in DAL

Switch
09-03-2012, 06:51 PM
Kareem makes Howard look small

JasonJohnHorn
09-03-2012, 07:13 PM
Sounds like he plans on staying in LA for a while... "many years to come"..

Hopefully Kareem can have a positive influence on his game and life.

JNoel
09-03-2012, 07:16 PM
Wow, Bosh also found his lifelong Dinosaur partner too.

LA_Raiders
09-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Nice, Bynum messed up...

LA_Raiders
09-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Wow, Bosh also found his lifelong Dinosaur partner too.

lol

LAKERMANIA
09-03-2012, 07:24 PM
Great move by Dwight, he needs some help with the footwork, who better to help him than the Captain?

StinkEye
09-03-2012, 07:32 PM
uggggh. Gobble this up you homers.

Htownballa1622
09-03-2012, 07:48 PM
Dwight respects the great centers unlike Bynum.Kareem will help Dwight get better with his footwork in the post.

Great to see,Lakers Nation.

good for laker fans that he's likely to stay.

but tbh if dream worked with him and all he brought back was a little bit of a face up game with a bank shot then what makes you think he'll get better now?

i HOPE he does cuz it's annoying seeing him have all the physical abilities but not much of the skill/footwork that he COULD have.

smith&wesson
09-03-2012, 07:49 PM
wow, abdul is a giant

douglas
09-03-2012, 08:02 PM
uggggh. Gobble this up you homers.

I'm not a Laker fan, I just like to gobble gobble.

championships
09-03-2012, 08:13 PM
There was never a doubt in my mind that Dwight would stay in L.A. once he got here.

lookie8
09-03-2012, 08:15 PM
http://twitter.com/DwightHoward
http://twitter.com/DwightHoward/status/242735372092715008/photo/1
http://twitter.com/DwightHoward/status/242735372092715008/photo/1/large

Magic Johnson may not be the only former Lakers player convincing Dwight to stay in LA...

Can wedding invitations be far off?

Tmath
09-03-2012, 08:16 PM
Lakers forum

StinkEye
09-03-2012, 08:27 PM
The events of the past couple years should make anything Dwight says irrelevant.

Teeboy1487
09-03-2012, 08:27 PM
I'm not a Laker fan, I just like to gobble gobble.

:clap:

pedrofan45
09-03-2012, 08:31 PM
Lakers forum

dodgersuck
09-03-2012, 08:34 PM
Dwight is the ultimate troll. This tweet holds no bearing on what will actually happen in reality

JesusWears24
09-03-2012, 08:49 PM
Great news, I wish Gasol would work with him also. Dwight and Gasol working with Kareem would be BADAMMM!!!!

JNoel
09-03-2012, 08:52 PM
Dwight Howard and Kareem Abdul Jabbar have babies Forum

Gritz
09-03-2012, 09:05 PM
If he develops of series of low post moves, done deal

Losoway
09-03-2012, 09:10 PM
at least dwight has respect

bynum didnt even wanna be near kareem

asandhu23
09-03-2012, 09:15 PM

Kareem is a legit 7 footer.

Raph12
09-03-2012, 09:19 PM
good for laker fans that he's likely to stay.

but tbh if dream worked with him and all he brought back was a little bit of a face up game with a bank shot then what makes you think he'll get better now?

i HOPE he does cuz it's annoying seeing him have all the physical abilities but not much of the skill/footwork that he COULD have.

He came back with a lot more than "a little bit of a face up game with a bank shot", his offensive awareness was on a completely different level, his moves were much smoother and his comfort/confidence level was visibly higher when on offense. Dwight has scored more points in postups than any other player in the league in the last 3 years and he does it with very good efficiency (see synergy sports). He has also hit more hookshots than anyone in the past 3-5 years (see basketball-reference) and does that with very good efficiency as well... He spent 3 days with the Dream in 2010 and less than a week in 2011; now he'll be spending everyday practising with the Captain, Pau and Kobe.

The sky's the limit.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-03-2012, 09:21 PM
Good for Dwight, not just from a basketball perspective, but from a life's perspective. I mean, when he was in Orlando, who did he have to look up to?? Patrick Ewing and Nick Anderson? :o

asandhu23
09-03-2012, 09:22 PM
Good for Dwight, not just from a basketball perspective, but from a life's perspective. I mean, when he was in Orlando, who did he have to look up to?? Patrick Ewing and Nick Anderson? :o

Are you insulting Patrick Ewing?

Mave1002
09-03-2012, 09:41 PM

Kareem is 7'2", yes?

Mave1002
09-03-2012, 09:45 PM
Great news, I wish Gasol would work with him also. Dwight and Gasol working with Kareem would be BADAMMM!!!!

Im pretty sure Pau has been working the scenes with Kareem.

Hmm those rare sky hooks.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lM6xCirDOKs #7

Mave1002
09-03-2012, 09:46 PM
Dwight Howard and Kareem Abdul Jabbar have babies Forum

Uhuh. dont you guys just love it :rolleyes:

Htownballa1622
09-03-2012, 11:27 PM
He came back with a lot more than "a little bit of a face up game with a bank shot", his offensive awareness was on a completely different level, his moves were much smoother and his comfort/confidence level was visibly higher when on offense. Dwight has scored more points in postups than any other player in the league in the last 3 years and he does it with very good efficiency (see synergy sports). He has also hit more hookshots than anyone in the past 3-5 years (see basketball-reference) and does that with very good efficiency as well... He spent 3 days with the Dream in 2010 and less than a week in 2011; now he'll be spending everyday practising with the Captain, Pau and Kobe.

The sky's the limit.

Understand i'm not dissing his post up game but you've said it. The sky is the limit. Hopefully he gets better because despite all those post ups he still doesn't have the best post up moves as some players. Dwight is effective in what he does but he's still limited as to what he CAN become. That was my point. Sorry but after watching Hakeem, I look at Dwight as limited when it comes to footwork.

I understand i'm comparing him to one of the best but thats what i expect for Dwight. i like him and he has the supreme athleticism that most never will have which is why i'd want for him to expand his game. we'll see how much that works in la-la land.

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 11:35 PM
Understand i'm not dissing his post up game but you've said it. The sky is the limit. Hopefully he gets better because despite all those post ups he still doesn't have the best post up moves as some players. Dwight is effective in what he does but he's still limited as to what he CAN become. That was my point. Sorry but after watching Hakeem, I look at Dwight as limited when it comes to footwork.

I understand i'm comparing him to one of the best but thats what i expect for Dwight. i like him and he has the supreme athleticism that most never will have which is why i'd want for him to expand his game. we'll see how much that works in la-la land.

So Dwight doesn't have the best post up game but he still manages to have big offensive games.Just stop even if Dwight doesn't have a post game he is still the best center in the NBA.

Htownballa1622
09-03-2012, 11:42 PM
So Dwight doesn't have the best post up game but he still manages to have big offensive games.Just stop even if Dwight doesn't have a post game he is still the best center in the NBA.

when did i say he isn't the best center?

i'm simply saying he can get better and smoother.

i actually just went back and watched some film and he's gotten much better but there's still room to grow. most definitely.

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 11:48 PM
when did i say he isn't the best center?

i'm simply saying he can get better and smoother.

i actually just went back and watched some film and he's gotten much better but there's still room to grow. most definitely.

Maybe he can't get smoother,maybe he more of a Alonzo Mourning type center that gives you 20ppg 14reb a game,every center can't be Shaq/Hakeem/Robinson/Jabbar/Wilt.

Htownballa1622
09-03-2012, 11:53 PM
Maybe he can't get smoother,maybe he more of a Alonzo Mourning type center that gives you 20ppg 14reb a game,every center can't be Shaq/Hakeem/Robinson/Jabbar/Wilt.

Well that's all fine and dandy but if he doesn't get better from age 27 on then there's a problem. There is room to get better and i expect he does.

You should too if you're such a d12 fan. Athleticism fades away and who knows how fine his leaping ability will be as time goes forward because of his back.

He'll be fine imo and he's easily the best center in the game with some of the best moves. no denying that. BUT there's room to grow.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 12:00 AM
Well that's all fine and dandy but if he doesn't get better from age 27 on then there's a problem. There is room to get better and i expect he does.

You should too if you're such a d12 fan. Athleticism fades away and who knows how fine his leaping ability will be as time goes forward because of his back.

He'll be fine imo and he's easily the best center in the game with some of the best moves. no denying that. BUT there's room to grow.

I see Hakeem The Dream spoiled you as a Rocket fan you expect every great center to be great on offense like I said every center can't do the dream shake or the sky hook either you have it or you don't.Dwight is what he is a defensive center who can get you 20ppg a night he will never be a 26+ppg scorer.Bill Russell dominated the game on the defensive end,Dwight does the same with his defensive ability.Yes Dwight can get better but don't expect a huge leap in his scoring he is what he is a defensive player first.

Htownballa1622
09-04-2012, 12:04 AM
I see Hakeem The Dream spoiled you as a Rocket fan you expect every great center to be great on offense like I said every center can't do the dream shake or the sky hook either you have it or you don't.Dwight is what he is a defensive center who can get you 20ppg a night he will never be a 26+ppg scorer.Bill Russell dominated the game on the defensive end,Dwight does the same with his defensive ability.Yes Dwight can get better but don't expect a huge leap in his scoring he is what he is a defensive player first.

i am in no way spoiled by watching hakeem. i appreciate everything he did by making the rockets relevant when he did. i'm simply saying that dwight can get better. In a league lacking great back to the basket centers i see Dwight being the face of that but if you feel this is his peak and he can't get better then so be it.

You can always get better at something in basketball.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 12:09 AM
i am in no way spoiled by watching hakeem. i appreciate everything he did by making the rockets relevant when he did. i'm simply saying that dwight can get better. In a league lacking great back to the basket centers i see Dwight being the face of that but if you feel this is his peak and he can't get better then so be it.

You can always get better at something in basketball.

I said he can get better but how much better do you think he can get?If you are expecting a 28ppg scorer than that's wishful thinking.Only way that happens is if he starts hitting freethrows,if he can get better at that than yeah maybe he can be a great scorer.

Htownballa1622
09-04-2012, 12:12 AM
I said he can get better but how much better do you think he can get?If you are expecting a 28ppg scorer than that's wishful thinking.Only way that happens is if he starts hitting freethrows,if he can get better at that than yeah maybe he can be a great scorer.

Yeah 28 ppg is leading the league in scoring some years. i don't expect that, especially with mr. you're welcome on his team. BUT if he can hit free throws at a higher rate then that's a start. :p

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 12:17 AM
Yeah 28 ppg is leading the league in scoring some years. i don't expect that, especially with mr. you're welcome on his team. BUT if he can hit free throws at a higher rate then that's a start. :p

So why are you expecting a huge leap in his offensive game?

It's only 9 other players in the NBA that scores more than Dwight KD/Lebron/Kobe/Love/Wade/Westbrook/Rose/Melo/Dirk that's not bad to be a so-so offensive player.

Htownballa1622
09-04-2012, 12:18 AM
So why are you expecting a huge leap in his offensive game?

i don't. i just said he can get better. free throw shooting is a start.

edit: i do expect him to get better. but i don't expect a huge leap in his numbers. especially not on this team.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 12:23 AM
i don't. i just said he can get better. free throw shooting is a start.

edit: i do expect him to get better. but i don't expect a huge leap in his numbers. especially not on this team.

So you agree with me that he can get better but not expecting a huge leap in ppg?

Htownballa1622
09-04-2012, 12:25 AM
So you agree with me that he can get better but not expecting a huge leap in ppg?

i do agree he can get better but no i don't see his ppg going up that much.

maybe I'm wrong. we shall see.

oballerc75
09-04-2012, 03:45 AM
With all the easy buckets Bynum got last year playing with kobe and pau, i expect dwight to avarage 22-24 ppg easily.
He will improve offensively even though he wont get as many touches because of the play making of kobe pau and now nash, and better shooters around the floor with meeks nash and jamison.

Also look for Artest to set an NBA record for most wide open threes attempted in a season :)

shep33
09-04-2012, 04:13 AM
Without question Dwight will get easier looks than ever before. I love Drew, but he recently admitted that Pau and Kobe took so much pressure off of him. If you check out Drew's numbers during Kobe's injury, he actually shot the ball a heck of a lot more but at a far lower clip from the field. I think over a 5 game stretch when he was putting up 20+ shots a night with Kobe injured last season, Drew only shot 41% during that span.

Pau and Kobe will get Dwight easy looks, and adding Nash will only make things even easier for Dwight.

naps
09-04-2012, 04:20 AM
Good for Lakers if he stays but anything comes out of this clown's mouth is irrelevant at this point.

basketfan4life
09-04-2012, 04:31 AM
Good for Lakers if he stays but anything comes out of this clown's mouth is irrelevant at this point.

Irony at its finest form.

asandhu23
09-04-2012, 04:33 AM

how is that "irony"?

naps
09-04-2012, 04:33 AM

Just like my sig, right? Clown is quoting me.

naps
09-04-2012, 04:35 AM
how is that "irony"?

Don't ask Kobephiles any logical question. These same ones bashed the **** out of Dwight when he wanted to go to the Nets so badly and when he committed to the Magic. But all of a sudden he's Jesus just because he's in LA.

EastNYLos
09-04-2012, 06:06 AM
you people need to stop. D12 has never played with a pg like nash. Nash is going to make d12 ppg go up and he will make gasol look like an all star again. Also d12 has never played with a player like kobe who demands a double team. Which will free d12 up in the post for easy points. I wouldn't be surprised if d12 leads the lakers in scoring and put up 26 ppg with 10 rpg. You gotta expect his rpg to go down playing with gasol. But his ppg is going to sky rocket to a career best.

FraziersKnicks
09-04-2012, 07:43 AM
**** Dwight, biggest ***** in the NBA

sixer04fan
09-04-2012, 08:14 AM
Woah, he met Kareem? No way, now he's definitely a lock to become the best center of all time. There's no chance this actually has little to no affect on him at all.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 09:16 AM
**** Dwight, biggest ***** in the NBA

Call him what you want,but he is still better than any player on the Knicks.:D

basketfan4life
09-04-2012, 09:50 AM
Don't ask Kobephiles any logical question. These same ones bashed the **** out of Dwight when he wanted to go to the Nets so badly and when he committed to the Magic. But all of a sudden he's Jesus just because he's in LA.

stop lying, i never once bashed Dwight, because i never really cared about him. Now that he is a laker, i want him to be succesfull, that's all. And he is no jesus to me, he is just the best C in the league. But i guess it's Joel anthony for you guys.

You have no shame.

basketfan4life
09-04-2012, 09:53 AM

You can still talk about sigs ha? you said lakers have no chance against OKC and it's gonna be heat-okc finals, i asked you (since you are sigging my comments) a sig bet, if the heat wins it all, i'll change my sig to whatever you want and vica versa. Since you think lakers has no chance against OKC it's a no brainer for you. But you don't have the balls, you couldn't accept it.

Because you split **** all over the place when there is nothing at stake.

basketfan4life
09-04-2012, 09:53 AM
how is that "irony"?

Because naps is the biggest clown out there.

basketfan4life
09-04-2012, 10:08 AM

oh and, i'm begging you to not change your sig until the finals end this year. Because of this, everbody will know how accurate my predictions are, and it will be that much sweeter to rub it in your face.

thephoenixson28
09-04-2012, 10:12 AM
This is the same guy that tried hugging Stan van gundy, after he went to the front office to get him fired.

Raph12
09-04-2012, 12:28 PM

Ignorant statement, Dwight averaged 23ppg in 2011 on 59% shooting, give him a few more touches and that easily goes up to 25+ppg. On this team it would be difficult to get more touches as there are many more options, but after Kobe and Pau leave town, expecting Dwight to put up 25+ppg is not a stretch by any means... Dwight will always be about defense and rebounding, but he's a dominant offensive player as well and expecting him to make big leaps in his offensive game is realistic.

PPG doesn't represent your offensive game, Dwight can become a much better offensive player than he is now and still average 20-23ppg. He can also not improve his offensive game at all and become a 25+ppg player with more touches.

HTownBaller is right, the sky is the limit, no one is expecting him to lead the league in scoring, but expecting him to improve his game is standard for any 26 year old center.

StarvingKnick22
09-04-2012, 12:32 PM
wow

Raph12
09-04-2012, 12:41 PM

Ignorance is bliss, you don't know Dwight so stop acting as if you do, none of us know what really went down so everything is just speculation... I bet if you met the dude in person, you'd be willing to kiss his *** like every other fairweather Heat fan.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 12:43 PM
Ignorant statement?Dwight averaged 23ppg in 2011 on 59% shooting, give him a few more touches and that easily goes up to 25+ppg. On this team it would be difficult to get more touches as there are many more options, but after Kobe and Pau leave town, expecting Dwight to put up 25+ppg is not a stretch by any means... Dwight will always be about defense and rebounding, but he's a dominant offensive player as well and expecting him to make big leaps in his offensive game is realistic.

PPG doesn't represent your offensive game, Dwight can become a much better offensive player than he is now and still average 20-23ppg. He can also not improve his offensive game at all and become a 25+ppg player with more touches.

HTownBaller is right, the sky is the limit, no one is expecting him to lead the league in scoring, but expecting him to improve his game is standard for any 26 year old center.

Uh how is that a ignorant statement,I said Dwight can still improve but don't expect a giant leap in his ppg,Dwight is 27yrs old the prime of his career he has a good 3yrs to get better on offense because when he gets in his 30's he will start to lose his athletic ability he needs to work on his freethrows if he wants to be a 26+ppg scorer.

Unlike other people I think Dwight already has a post up game,sure he can get better but if you're expecting a huge jump in his scoring than that's wishful thinking.The Lakers don't need Dwight to score 26+ppg to win they have enough options with Kobe/Pau/Nash,Dwight want be needed to score a lot the next 2yrs playing with Kobe/Pau/Nash he will be 29yrs old when the Lakers start to rebuild around him,he needs to work on his freethrows if he truly wants to get better on offense because most teams will foul him to try and stop him from scoring.

All im saying is Dwight already has a post game,don't expect a huge leap in his offensive arsenal.

LaLa_Land
09-04-2012, 12:47 PM
If Dwight had a 15 foot jumper, like what bynum was starting to develop, it'll make the game so easy for the starting five. It'll allow either Pau or Superman to play low or high post, Metta spacing the floor, with Kob&Nashty doing their thing.

I would be the happiest guy in the world if I saw Dwight signing a 5-year max this offseason with the lakeshow.

On a real note though, watch the Lakers make a run at CP3 somehow. They definitely still want him, as Nash is 63 years old.

Lewisknows
09-04-2012, 01:29 PM
On hoopsworld it's saying that Kareem never met with Howard idk no more go to hoopsworld u will see it

smiddy012
09-04-2012, 02:00 PM
If I were DH's publicist I'd delete all his social media accounts. **** even if I was his trainer I'd have DH delete all his social media acounts.

RaiderLakersA's
09-04-2012, 03:10 PM
Damn Dwight looks small next to Kareem, keep hitting those weights Dwight.

KAJ is between 7'2" and 7'4" depending on the sneakers he's wearing. :D

Dwight, I don't know, 6'10" at best???

No matter how you look at it, KAJ's shoes are some big mofo's to fill! Shaq couldn't do it and he was unquestionably the most dominant 5 of the modern Lakers era. Dwight definitely has his work cut out for him.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-04-2012, 05:11 PM
Dwight and Kobe should be the co-leaders of this team in scoring, much like Shaq & Kobe in the 00-01 season (Shaq 28.7, Kobe 28.5).

I expect those 2 to average between 24-25 PPG. That's the way it should be.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-04-2012, 05:13 PM
KAJ is between 7'2" and 7'4" depending on the sneakers he's wearing. :D

Dwight, I don't know, 6'10" at best???

No matter how you look at it, KAJ's shoes are some big mofo's to fill! Shaq couldn't do it and he was unquestionably the most dominant 5 of the modern Lakers era. Dwight definitely has his work cut out for him.

You can argue that Shaq had a more dominant Laker career than Kareem, but Kareem had the better overall career as he did more in his short stint in Milwaukee than Shaq did in his yrs with Orlando then yo-yoing from MIA to PHX to CLE to BOS. Kareem played at a higher level than Shaq as their careers winded down.

mrblisterdundee
09-04-2012, 05:41 PM
Is Kareem going to teach him how to shoot from more than 3 feet out?

mrblisterdundee
09-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Ignorance is bliss, you don't know Dwight so stop acting as if you do, none of us know what really went down so everything is just speculation... I bet if you met the dude in person, you'd be willing to kiss his *** like every other fairweather Heat fan.

Just like I'm sure nobody really understood what went down with Shaq. They wanted into bigger-market teams, smart one. It's the same reason we know why LeBron left Cleveland, why Paul left New Orleans, why Kobe *****ed about being drafted by Charlotte, why Carmelo wanted into New York City, etc.

Raph12
09-04-2012, 06:15 PM
Uh how is that a ignorant statement,I said Dwight can still improve but don't expect a giant leap in his ppg,Dwight is 27yrs old the prime of his career he has a good 3yrs to get better on offense because when he gets in his 30's he will start to lose his athletic ability he needs to work on his freethrows if he wants to be a 26+ppg scorer.

Most great centers hit their prime at ages 28-32, especially the ones that started their careers relying mostly on athleticism and picked up the skills/fundamentals later. Becoming a 25+ppg scorer is not difficult and is doable with his current skillset, he just needs more touches which may not come to him with this team. In two years, there will only be Nash and Dwight on the books (should he resign) and no matter how they retool, expecting 25+ppg from a then 28 (29 on December 8th) year old Dwight isn't expecting too much by any means.

Unlike other people I think Dwight already has a post up game,sure he can get better but if you're expecting a huge jump in his scoring than that's wishful thinking.The Lakers don't need Dwight to score 26+ppg to win they have enough options with Kobe/Pau/Nash,Dwight want be needed to score a lot the next 2yrs playing with Kobe/Pau/Nash he will be 29yrs old when the Lakers start to rebuild around him,he needs to work on his freethrows if he truly wants to get better on offense because most teams will foul him to try and stop him from scoring.

All im saying is Dwight already has a post game,don't expect a huge leap in his offensive arsenal.

No one is expecting Hakeem Olajuwon to return from retirement in the shape of Dwight Howard, but expecting Dwight to be more comfortable, smooth and fluent with his moves is a very realistic expectation... 25+ppg is easily attainable in the post-Kobe Lakers era for Dwight and unless the Lakeshow lands Lebron or Melo in free agency 2014, that is something I'll expect from him as well.

Just like I'm sure nobody really understood what went down with Shaq. They wanted into bigger-market teams, smart one. It's the same reason we know why LeBron left Cleveland, why Paul left New Orleans, why Kobe *****ed about being drafted by Charlotte, why Carmelo wanted into New York City, etc.

Exactly and if I were an NBA superstar, I'd want to make the most money I could and become the biggest star I could as well; how does this make Dwight a "clown"?... Dwight won the DeVos Community Citizenship award 6 times in 8 seasons in Orlando, that should be telling of the kind of person Dwight is. The relationship ran its course, yes Dwight handled the situation poorly, but so did the Magic.

I've met Dwight in person and he seems like a very nice guy, I've also watched him play since he was a rookie, so excuse me if I don't believe he sold his soul to the devil in the last 2 years.

Chronz
09-04-2012, 06:25 PM

Dream didnt have "it" early in his career. He didnt become a great offensive center until he hit 30 and by then he only had a few years before his athleticism waned.

RaiderLakersA's
09-04-2012, 06:28 PM
You can argue that Shaq had a more dominant Laker career than Kareem, but Kareem had the better overall career as he did more in his short stint in Milwaukee than Shaq did in his yrs with Orlando then yo-yoing from MIA to PHX to CLE to BOS. Kareem played at a higher level than Shaq as their careers winded down.

Here in PSD we could argue just about anything, but the fact remains that in Lakerland we count titles first and foremost above individual performances. :D

Kareem made a name for himself at his first stop and won a ring, and then came over to the Lakers to win 5 more , sprinkle in an MVP or two, and set a scoring record that not even the GOAT could touch. I'm not slamming Shaq at all, but with his measurables he should have accomplished more. (Yes, only a Lakers or Celtics fan would/could say that, but the truth is the truth.)

FraziersKnicks
09-04-2012, 07:26 PM
Call him what you want,but he is still better than any player on the Knicks.:D

:ohno: Oh no, a bandwagoner who idolises the biggest cry baby, whiny ***** in the league.

Oh wait, everything you say holds absolutely zero value because you're a joke :phew:

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 08:10 PM
^Your team is a joke so what?

USMCLaker
10-10-2012, 07:28 PM
This is the same guy that tried hugging Stan van gundy, after he went to the front office to get him fired.

@thepheonixson28 This is the same guy that makes gay jokes after swinging both ways.