PDA

View Full Version : DWade on the decline?

Hardaway Here
09-03-2012, 05:05 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pPVzvf3nPxQ&feature=g-vrec

I've noticed many people say DWade is on the decline with no actual evidence to back it up. DWade doesn't produce the same numbers anymore because he actually has help now which people seem to forget and underrate Wade for it. All I'm really trying to say is Wade still plays like this some of the footage is from the last 2 seasons just saying.

So my question is do you think we will see even more of this than usual since he is no longer going to be playing on that bum knee?

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 05:06 PM
Where is Longhorn fan?He should answer this.

Chronz
09-03-2012, 05:09 PM
Having help isn't an excuse to become less efficient, besides he put up great #s, some of the best of his career. It just stopped in the playoffs because of his injury. With old age comes injuries so thats a sign of decline

justinnum1
09-03-2012, 05:11 PM
wade will avg 22/5/5 next season on 49% shooting. and be top 5 in PER in the league. and probably play 33min a game. No he is not declining.

king4day
09-03-2012, 05:13 PM
Injury has slowed him down. Not lack of talent or loss of any.

Hardaway Here
09-03-2012, 05:17 PM
Having help isn't an excuse to become less efficient, besides he put up great #s, some of the best of his career. It just stopped in the playoffs because of his injury. With old age comes injuries so thats a sign of decline

I only see something as decline when your no longer playing at a high level like the way McGrady is, the way Shaq was and Iverson. His numbers are still great just not like they used to be because he isn't forced to do it all anymore.

SteBO
09-03-2012, 05:21 PM
Wade was shooting about 51% before the injury bug hit him last year. It only got worse by the time playoffs came around. It happens to alot of players. I don't think he's declining yet, but unfortunately it's coming.

Chronz
09-03-2012, 05:25 PM

I only see something as decline when your no longer playing at a high level like the way McGrady is, the way Shaq was and Iverson. His numbers are still great just not like they used to be because he isn't forced to do it all anymore.
I dont know when you think those players started declining nor do I buy your statistical assessment

shep33
09-03-2012, 05:26 PM
We'll see. I think he has a big year, but after that it'll only be natural. Everyone declines eventually, and although he doesn't have a ton of mileage on him it just seems to creep on on guy swhen they hit 31-32.

Hardaway Here
09-03-2012, 05:32 PM
I dont know when you think those players started declining nor do I buy your statistical assessment

Tmacs decline should be pretty self explainatory and Shaq was clearly not the same when he became the rainbow man

Shlumpledink
09-03-2012, 05:37 PM
The only reason I ever thought he was on the decline was because he has had to deal with injuries. If he is healthy I don't think he is on the decline just yet. His jumper has looked better each season, so I don't think his skills or effectiveness is dropping off

C-Style
09-03-2012, 05:40 PM
Wade is too injury prone, something is always up with him, I wouldn't put him passed West in the All-time GOAT's list.

ATX
09-03-2012, 05:41 PM
He's on the decline from his 7 peak years, where he averaged 27, 5, and 7. As Justinnum1 said, he'll average right around an efficient 22, 5, and 5. I think Wade still has 2 more great years in him before he starts the decline. His numbers are down a bit as expected, considering LBJ and Bosh play alongside him.

SeoulBeatz
09-03-2012, 05:42 PM
Don't know whether it was injuries or a different role, but D Wade did not look the same last year. His shot was all over the place, explosiveness wasn't where it used to be.

He is going to be 31 next season, wouldn't be surprised if he's declining a bit. But it's o.k, they still have some guy named Lebron.

ThunderousDemon
09-03-2012, 06:26 PM
wade will avg 22/5/5 next season on 49% shooting. and be top 5 in PER in the league. and probably play 33min a game. No he is not declining.

Nostradumbass. :worthy:

Aust
09-03-2012, 06:27 PM
He has LBJ on his team, of course his stats are going to go down a bit

LA_Raiders
09-03-2012, 06:59 PM
He still has about 2 years of good floppng...

Top 5 IMO...

Pierzynski4Prez
09-03-2012, 07:15 PM
He definitely isn't improving

blastmasta26
09-03-2012, 07:18 PM
He might decline slightly, but I think the issue will be injuries. He's showing signs of possibly becoming injury prone as he continues to get older. He's still a great player at full strength but how often he'll be at full strength is what may hold him back.

KnickaBocka.44
09-03-2012, 07:25 PM
Yes I believe he is beginning his decline. With a guy like Wade you aren't going to see this through his statistics as much as you see it in the game because, like Rose, he relies on his athleticism so much and sacrifices his body a great deal. Since he isn't a good outside shooter, once he loses a step the drop off statistically will be siginficant.

If you can't see that he doesn't have the same elevation that he used to then you are just forgetting how amazingly athletic he was to begin with.

smith&wesson
09-03-2012, 07:38 PM
being injury prone and going on a decline are two different things imo.

i dont know if d.wade is on a decline or if his game is taking a hit as a result of playing with lebron.

i know that bosh's stats arent what they were when he was in toronto but i wouldnt say he is on a decline so i dont think d.wade is on a decline either.

d.wade is older so its not far fetched... i think we will find out this year. i wonder if he gets traded if infact he is on the decline.

Sactown
09-03-2012, 08:33 PM
He isn't as explosive anymore, but if he works at it and develops his game, he will continue to play well, just not explosive as before. Like Kobe Bryant

Hawkeye15
09-03-2012, 08:35 PM
Isn't injuries a sign of decline at age 30? I still think he will be a top 10 player for the next few seasons, but he is no longer a guy I can say I have faith in to take over multiple playoff series.

mrblisterdundee
09-03-2012, 08:43 PM
Injury and age are his signs of decline, but I think he can make it work if he becomes more of a point guard. Have him distribute the ball more, put LeBron in scoring mode (35-plus points per game), pick up a decent big and everything will be groovy.

lavilevi23
09-03-2012, 08:45 PM
Wade will surprise a lot of people this coming season.

IndyRealist
09-03-2012, 08:59 PM
I don't think Wade's declining more than any other guy over 30, it's just the nature of the game. He went from superstar level to not-quite superstar level. For one year, ignoring injuries, I'd still take him over virtually any other SG out there. He's a better defender than Harden and Ginobili, and doesn't have the miles logged that Kobe does.

He can stave off the decline somewhat by adjusting his game to more PnR and working on his jumper.

Evolution23
09-03-2012, 10:33 PM
Wade is declining fast.

Bruno
09-03-2012, 10:42 PM
we've seen his peak. it will be interesting to see how long he can sustain being an elite player.

justinnum1
09-03-2012, 10:53 PM
Wade is declining fast.

havent done one of these in a while, but

:facepalm:

jerellh528
09-03-2012, 10:55 PM
I agree with the majority of the posters here who say wade's peak is behind him, age and injurys are depleting him, as they do a lot of athleticism relied on type of players. He will still be a top 10-15 player though for the next 2 years i think.

rex.reyesiii
09-03-2012, 11:08 PM
I rather see him play for the next 2 seasons first before I make an assessment. :)

jerellh528
09-03-2012, 11:11 PM
I rather see him play for the next 2 seasons first before I make an assessment. :)

whats the point in that? by then he would be in an obvious decline.

KnickaBocka.44
09-03-2012, 11:15 PM
havent done one of these in a while, but

by a while, you mean about 2-3 days?

Cal827
09-03-2012, 11:40 PM
Lol can't wait for BobbyHillSwag or Longhornfan to jump this one.

justinnum1
09-03-2012, 11:48 PM
by a while, you mean about 2-3 days?

No, a while. Feel free to find on tho.

Chronz
09-04-2012, 12:00 AM

Tmacs decline should be pretty self explainatory and Shaq was clearly not the same when he became the rainbow man
When do you think Tmac declined?

Longhornfan1234
09-04-2012, 12:36 AM
Someone has to be objective. Wade's PER last season was inflated because he played alongside the best player on the planet. Wade can't sustain that high level of play as consistently as he used to. Noticeable decline in explosiveness in the paint. 75% of his game was built on slashing, so you take away his ability to finish and he becomes an altogether different player. He's still a top 12 player, but you only see it in short bursts now. He can't really put together a great game from start to finish

ThunderousDemon
09-04-2012, 12:40 AM
Someone has to be objective. Wade's PER last season was inflated because he played alongside the best player on the planet. Wade can't sustain that high level of play as consistently as he used to. Noticeable decline in explosiveness in the paint. 75% of his game was built on slashing, so you take away his ability to finish and he becomes an altogether different player. He's still a top 12 player, but you only see it in short bursts now. He can't really put together a great game from start to finish

Wade will be a lot better next season now that he got knee surgery.

justinnum1
09-04-2012, 01:14 AM

Cool story.

dc5jdm
09-04-2012, 01:54 AM
Wade is obviously on the down side of his career. Age has caught up to his body and he relies on his explosiveness to be effective. Don't get me wrong he's still a top talent but I wouldn't expect him to take over a game like he used to, maybe from time to time. Great players always get in a zone One game or another. Did wade live up to his potential? No I personally expected a little more our of him. He still has a couple.seasons to prove me wrong.

basketfan4life
09-04-2012, 02:39 AM
Cool story.

I think Miami HEAT organization is paying you to go around all sorts of internet forums, defend everything about Miami. The part i'm not sure is , when someone says something good about the Heat, do you have to say even better things ? Or it's extra payment ?

naps
09-04-2012, 03:24 AM
No. He was just injured last year. He was a top 2/3 player before his knee started bothering him last year. If he's healthy he's a top 3 without a doubt. After his knee surgery it's safe to assume he'll be healthy.

Evolution23
09-04-2012, 03:31 AM
Weak jumpshot and losing athleticism can't be good for Wade

jerellh528
09-04-2012, 04:03 AM
No. He was just injured last year. He was a top 2/3 player before his knee started bothering him last year. If he's healthy he's a top 3 without a doubt. After his knee surgery it's safe to assume he'll be healthy.

I'm sorry, but this is sarcasm right?

naps
09-04-2012, 05:15 AM
I'm sorry, but this is sarcasm right?

I am sorry, but you have not followed NBA before 2012 right?

JJ_JKidd
09-04-2012, 06:40 AM
Everyone is on the decline except (insert favorite player, even if he is CLEARLY on the decline). :facepalm:

3ballbomber
09-04-2012, 06:44 AM
ah yes......Dwyane Wade one of the most doubted, unappreciated & counted out players. This is the time he usually clocks doubters in the eye.....ya'll best watch out this coming season.

Knicks21
09-04-2012, 06:54 AM
He is not a shooter, he relies on his athleticism.

He will decline, it is reasonable to think so too, he is getting up there in age.

Knicks21
09-04-2012, 06:54 AM
Put it this way, his best years are certainly behind him.

SaimuKala
09-04-2012, 08:35 AM
He is top 5-7.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 09:19 AM
I think Miami HEAT organization is paying you to go around all sorts of internet forums, defend everything about Miami. The part i'm not sure is , when someone says something good about the Heat, do you have to say even better things ? Or it's extra payment ?

:laugh:

BklynKnicks3
09-04-2012, 09:31 AM
yup big time

LongIslandIcedZ
09-04-2012, 09:49 AM
I'll say his peak is behind him, but I dont know if he is really declining as a player.

JiffyMix88
09-04-2012, 10:21 AM
Nostradumbass. :worthy:

lol bravo :clap:

JiffyMix88
09-04-2012, 10:27 AM
Yeah i think Wade is past his flopping prime, too many hits from the floor. Wade will no longer be able to flop properly to get his calls to keep his numbers up wade is now alfred

$GangGr33n$
09-04-2012, 10:28 AM
hes not bad but obviously declining. He couldnt stay healthy at all last year, he really cant take over a game anymore and when he does its for a short time and then just default back to LeBron. He gets his alot of his points off of slashing and posting, that shows even he knows hes declining and cant blow by people and elevate like he used to. still a top 5-7 player for now though

BobbyHillSwag
09-04-2012, 10:56 AM
Who?

ChicagoJ
09-04-2012, 11:05 AM
Its inevitable that certain skills will decline. However, there are things he can do that won't decline such as his fake that is impossible to guess whether he is going to shoot or not. He will always be able to draw fouls or get open looks from that move regardless of age.

KingPosey
09-04-2012, 11:15 AM
Maybe health wise, and from a volume standpoint, but he had a great efficient year last season. You also have to take into account he has truely let LBJ take 1st seat, of course he isnt going to have the volume numbers anymore.

lavilevi23
09-04-2012, 11:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YffkcD5VNZc&feature=youtu.be

RaiderLakersA's
09-04-2012, 11:45 AM
From a personal standpoint, considering everything that he had to deal with off the court this last year or so it's amazing that Wade was able to perform as well as he did. He'll be back and more productive than ever next year, I think.

But just like with DMC on my Raiders, if Wade gets injured again, all bets are off!

koreancabbage
09-04-2012, 11:46 AM
I think he will be alright. Took the summer off from the Olympics and so did Bosh, so they can win another this year (or try to)

I think we'll see a more healthy Wade this time around.

BigCityofDreams
09-04-2012, 12:06 PM
Wade is on a slight decline it's pretty obvious.

jerellh528
09-04-2012, 02:19 PM
I am sorry, but you have not followed NBA before 2012 right?

I take it then as not sarcasm, Ouch...sorry, but wade is not close to a top 2/3 player anymore and aside from his championship playoffs, probably never was. Oh and what did I ever post to make you think i never followed basketball before 2012? or is that your standard, coward response to anyone who disagrees with you?

Avenged
09-04-2012, 11:51 PM
30 years old, he still has a few good years left in him. He will adjust as do all the great players.

justinnum1
09-04-2012, 11:52 PM
30 years old, he still has a few good years left in him. He will adjust as do all the great players.

Stop, logical thinking is prohibited in here.

b@llhog24
09-05-2012, 12:50 AM

:laugh2:

I still think his decline will be relatively ugly compared to the numbers he used to produce, he'll produce at a top 10 player level for 2-3 more years and then drop into all-star play afterwards.

Evolution23
09-05-2012, 01:26 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfuJS0SBSac

Cal827
09-05-2012, 01:28 AM
Stop, logical thinking is prohibited in here.

:laugh: PSD logic FTMFW

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-05-2012, 03:03 AM
I take it then as not sarcasm, Ouch...sorry, but wade is not close to a top 2/3 player anymore and aside from his championship playoffs, probably never was. Oh and what did I ever post to make you think i never followed basketball before 2012? or is that your standard, coward response to anyone who disagrees with you?

Yup! ;)

Andrew32
09-05-2012, 08:20 AM
Wade was still arguably a Top 5 player last year and he was clearly the best SG in the league except for Kobe fans who still think his stats reflect his actual impact (they dont).

Assuming he returns to his 2009-11 health he'll be a Top 1-5 player and the #1 SG for another 2-3 years and even if he then starts to physically decline Wade has incredible skill and solid form on his jumper which can be refined so I don't see him declining at all other then the usual.

Longhornfan1234
09-05-2012, 12:01 PM
Wade was still arguably a Top 5 player last year and he was clearly the best SG in the league except for Kobe fans who still think his stats reflect his actual impact (they dont).

Assuming he returns to his 2009-11 health he'll be a Top 1-5 player and the #1 SG for another 2-3 years and even if he then starts to physically decline Wade has incredible skill and solid form on his jumper which can be refined so I don't see him declining at all other then the usual.

His game is all athleticism.

ryang
09-05-2012, 12:32 PM
Decline?? I guess considering its Lebron's team now.. There isnt a G.M. in the league that wouldnt take Wade.. Talk about his decline all you want and praise Kobe and Nash for a championship they havent won yet while they incline :facepalm: Wade will be playing into june declining , reclining while he holds a big trophy..

zB_#85
09-05-2012, 05:51 PM
Wade was shooting about 51% before the injury bug hit him last year. It only got worse by the time playoffs came around. It happens to alot of players. I don't think he's declining yet, but unfortunately it's coming.

it's definitely coming. The fact that he's been in the league almost 10 years and hasn't significantly improved his shot is a red flag to me. He's been an amazing player; athleticism, fearlessness, and attacking with wreckless abandon have been his bread and butter but as his physical attributes diminish has he evolved his game enough to make up for that as a perimeter player (SG)? NO. Sound like someone else who fell off pretty fast? **cough**Allen Iverson**cough**

WadeKobe
09-05-2012, 07:12 PM
He was Top3 in just about every composite advanced statistic with James and Durant and even though he "sucked" in the playoffs, he was every bit as efficient and productive as, or more than, Kobe was during his first 3-peat.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-05-2012, 07:40 PM
He was Top3 in just about every composite advanced statistic with James and Durant and even though he "sucked" in the playoffs, he was every bit as efficient and productive as, or more than, Kobe was during his first 3-peat.

Kobe was a shutdown defender and the closer in his first 3 peat.

Wade has never come close to the lockdown defense that Kobe did during those 3peat yrs.

Lakerhead4ever
09-05-2012, 07:56 PM
Decline?? I guess considering its Lebron's team now.. There isnt a G.M. in the league that wouldnt take Wade.. Talk about his decline all you want and praise Kobe and Nash for a championship they havent won yet while they incline :facepalm: Wade will be playing into june declining , reclining while he holds a big trophy..

you kind of make it sound like wade is use to winning. lol

i swear when teams when championships, their fans become overly confident as if if its easy to repeat. each guy on that heat roster last season was HUNGRY for a championship. they got it, its going to be even harder to do it again.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-05-2012, 08:13 PM

i swear when teams when championships, their fans become overly confident as if if its easy to repeat. each guy on that heat roster last season was HUNGRY for a championship. they got it, its going to be even harder to do it again.

Guess who are the 2 hungriest guys in the league right now who've never won it....

Steve Nash...And Dwight Howard!!! ;)

JasonJohnHorn
09-05-2012, 08:13 PM
He was playing hurt this year. So he certainly was not putting up the kind of performance he was when him and Shaq won Miami's first title.

He's battled injuries... will he recover to be a 100%? Maybe... I would guess not, but even if he did his numbers will never be where they once were because James is the first option, and when Wade was putting up his best numbers, he was the first option.

It's like Garnett and Pierce and Allen... they all started scoring less once they played together because they had to share the ball... so they all, statistically, looked like they were on the decline since they started playing together, and the truth of the matter is that they weren't all in their prime when they started playing together, so yes, their numbers would have started coming down anyways, but they were all three of them still all-stars. It's the same for Bosh and Wade... they were first options before they played with James, not they aren't... their numbers will take a hit, of course, and in Wade's case he may very well be on the decline due to injuries, but he may well return to form.

ryang
09-05-2012, 08:24 PM

Who said easy? Maybe I am confident because we have been to back to back finals.. Maybe its because we ARE the favorites once again.. I also know what Wade did for us this year while hurt.. He will be fine.. When the quote on quote decline happens I'll know but right now he is not declining just taking a step back for the good of the team..

Its going to be harder?? Wow had no clue :facepalm: but in the east we are the best team.. As far as the west goes OKC is still the favorite regardless of the laker hype.. If either team makes it we will match up just fine and WADE will be ready...

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-05-2012, 08:50 PM
Who said easy? Maybe I am confident because we have been to back to back finals.. Maybe its because we ARE the favorites once again.. I also know what Wade did for us this year while hurt.. He will be fine.. When the quote on quote decline happens I'll know but right now he is not declining just taking a step back for the good of the team..

Its going to be harder?? Wow had no clue :facepalm: but in the east we are the best team.. As far as the west goes OKC is still the favorite regardless of the laker hype.. If either team makes it we will match up just fine and WADE will be ready...

You guys do match up very well with the Thunder. They really haven't gotten much better than by adding Daniel Orton and Thabeet.

But you guys don't match up as well with the Lakers and their size. Also, OKC doesn't have a defender that you can put on LBJ, but the Lakers do in Metta World War. ;)

tr3ymill3r
09-05-2012, 08:54 PM
Is this an old post from the playoffs? I won't count him out until the All Star game next season to see how his body bounces back through half a season.

WadeKobe
09-05-2012, 09:27 PM
LOL laker fans. So ****ing ridiculous.

ryang
09-05-2012, 10:48 PM
You guys do match up very well with the Thunder. They really haven't gotten much better than by adding Daniel Orton and Thabeet.

But you guys don't match up as well with the Lakers and their size. Also, OKC doesn't have a defender that you can put on LBJ, but the Lakers do in Metta World War. ;)

I have heard this before.. First it was Boston then it was chicago then it was OKC now its the lakers because they have a 39 year old Pg , a different and slower kobe and a big man who is a beast.. Not scared of L.A... I respect that roster but in now way shape or form are they a lock to win.. And Metta?? put him on Lebron thats fine with me.. I guess Metta is going to slow down Lebron :facepalm: Maybe 3 years ago but one guy has become even better and one guy (metta) is slower and closer to retirement then his prime..

Laker fans.. You are not even a lock to get out of your conference let alone a lock to win the championship.. Riley has a good mattress Nash can lay on next to the bench for good portions of the game.. Kobe can start shopping for houses here so he can retire.. Dwight has a nice seat waiting for him when he is in foul trouble and keep Metta away from our fire extinguisher's.. They are alot tougher then they look ask Amare..

jerellh528
09-05-2012, 10:53 PM
I am willing to bet any heat fan who accepts this challenge...
If the heat win I will never post in this forum again, if the lakers win then said heat fan will never post in this forum again, if neither team wins then we will continue posting as usual. C'mon anyone who accepts I will add to my sig so we all remember this.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-05-2012, 10:57 PM
I have heard this before.. First it was Boston then it was chicago then it was OKC now its the lakers because they have a 39 year old Pg , a different and slower kobe and a big man who is a beast.. Not scared of L.A... I respect that roster but in now way shape or form are they a lock to win.. And Metta?? put him on Lebron thats fine with me.. I guess Metta is going to slow down Lebron :facepalm: Maybe 3 years ago but one guy has become even better and one guy (metta) is slower and closer to retirement then his prime..

Laker fans.. You are not even a lock to get out of your conference let alone a lock to win the championship.. Riley has a good mattress Nash can lay on next to the bench for good portions of the game.. Kobe can start shopping for houses here so he can retire.. Dwight has a nice seat waiting for him when he is in foul trouble and keep Metta away from our fire extinguisher's.. They are alot tougher then they look ask Amare..

I think you Heat fans have mastered the art of misconstruing things, so let me clarify a few things for your narrow-minded fan base.

Nowhere did I say that the Lakers are "a lock" or that the Lakers "will beat OKC". What I was answering is to is whether either OKC or the Lakers "matchup" to Miami.

It's a weird thing because the Lakers lack the youth and athleticism that OKC has, however, OKC doesn't match well to Miami as they have no answer to LeBron, and OKC's 1-dimensional jumpshooting ways under pressure moments combined with the Heat defense make it tough for OKC to match up to Miami.

If we were to see OKC go up against Miami in the finals again, I would pick Miami once again in a heartbeat.

HOWEVER, if the Lakers are fortunate enough to beat OKC and come out of the West, I feel the Lakers "match-up" better to Miami than OKC matches up to Miami. The length, the size down low, and "what will be" the versatility of the Lakers offense can give the Miami defense a lot of fits.

Miami is still the favorite, but when we're talking about "match ups"...."strict match ups"......the Lakers matchup better to Miami than does OKC.

Now do you get it?????

ryang
09-05-2012, 10:59 PM
I am willing to bet any heat fan who accepts this challenge...
If the heat win I will never post in this forum again, if the lakers win then said heat fan will never post in this forum again, if neither team wins then we will continue posting as usual. C'mon anyone who accepts I will add to my sig so we all remember this.

Ill take that bet..

jerellh528
09-05-2012, 11:00 PM
I think you Heat fans have mastered the art of misconstruing things, so let me clarify a few things for your narrow-minded fan base.

Nowhere did I say that the Lakers are "a lock" or that the Lakers "will beat OKC". What I was answering is to is whether either OKC or the Lakers "matchup" to Miami.

It's a weird thing because the Lakers lack the youth and athleticism that OKC has, however, OKC doesn't match well to Miami as they have no answer to LeBron, and OKC's 1-dimensional jumpshooting ways under pressure moments combined with the Heat defense make it tough for OKC to match up to Miami.

If we were to see OKC go up against Miami in the finals again, I would pick Miami once again in a heartbeat.

HOWEVER, if the Lakers are fortunate enough to beat OKC and come out of the West, I feel the Lakers "match-up" better to Miami than OKC matches up to Miami. The length, the size down low, and "what will be" the versatility of the Lakers offense can give the Miami defense a lot of fits.

Miami is still the favorite, but when we're talking about "match ups"...."strict match ups"......the Lakers matchup better to Miami than does OKC.

Now do you get it?????

NO! WADE IZ DA BESTEST EVERZ LULLZ:p

ryang
09-05-2012, 11:02 PM

Now do you get it?????

I think you laker fans get confused.. I never said you said they were a lock.. I was talking to laker fans in generall.. I agree you match up better then OKC but as a team I still fear OKC more then I do the lakers regardless of matchups.. Also what matchups do you really see?? Its 4th quarter 8 minutes left game 7.. What advantages do you feel you have??

ryang
09-05-2012, 11:04 PM
NO! WADE IZ DA BESTEST EVERZ LULLZ:p

Im assuming you have run into some truely ignorant Heat fans.. Dont judge a fan base by 32 posters on a iternet site..

jerellh528
09-05-2012, 11:07 PM
Im assuming you have run into some truely ignorant Heat fans.. Dont judge a fan base by 32 posters on a iternet site..

I think you laker fans get confused..I never said you said they were a lock.. I was talking to laker fans in generall.. I agree you match up better then OKC but as a team I still fear OKC more then I do the lakers regardless of matchups.. Also what matchups do you really see?? Its 4th quarter 8 minutes left game 7.. What advantages do you feel you have??

true.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-05-2012, 11:07 PM
I think you laker fans get confused.. I never said you said they were a lock.. I was talking to laker fans in generall.. I agree you match up better then OKC but as a team I still fear OKC more then I do the lakers regardless of matchups.. Also what matchups do you really see?? Its 4th quarter 8 minutes left game 7.. What advantages do you feel you have??

I don't feel OKC is a smart team or a good executing team right now, especially under Scott Brooks.

Now, in terms of advantages, I would say size and rebounding is the #1 advantage we have over not just Miami, but every team in the NBA.

Second, yes, Steve Nash is old, I get it, but he's a pure shooter and Chalmers will still have his work cut out for him. Nash is a little bit unpredictable in his attack, so you just have to be wary. Russ is more explosive than Nash, but he doesn't have the consistent shooting capabilities or playmaking of Steve.

I think we are now officially the best pick and roll, pick and pop team in the NBA, so now we have more versatility as an offensive team than OKC. OKC is younger, athletic and more explosive, but when it comes down to pressure moments, they are not as cerebral or creative with their offensive attack and lack that versatility. The Lakers will have the versatility that will antagonize Miami's defense to a degree.

That's it.

ryang
09-05-2012, 11:15 PM
I don't feel OKC is a smart team or a good executing team right now, especially under Scott Brooks.

Now, in terms of advantages, I would say size and rebounding is the #1 advantage we have over not just Miami, but every team in the NBA.

Second, yes, Steve Nash is old, I get it, but he's a pure shooter and Chalmers will still have his work cut out for him. Nash is a little bit unpredictable in his attack, so you just have to be wary. Russ is more explosive than Nash, but he doesn't have the consistent shooting capabilities or playmaking of Steve.

I think we are now officially the best pick and roll, pick and pop team in the NBA, so now we have more versatility as an offensive team than OKC. OKC is younger, athletic and more explosive, but when it comes down to pressure moments, they are not as cerebral or creative with their offensive attack and lack that versatility. The Lakers will have the versatility that will antagonize Miami's defense to a degree.

That's it.

I would feel the same if I was a Laker fan.. If you were a Heat fan you would still feel you had the superior team.. As far as matchups when you play us down low on offense its gonna be a problem but we can counter that with the problems we could give your defense.. Would be a great series but you have to get past OKC.. They cause you some real matchup problems as well.. OKC as of now is the better team but you definetly have the potential to beat them..

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-05-2012, 11:18 PM
I would feel the same if I was a Laker fan.. If you were a Heat fan you would still feel you had the superior team.. As far as matchups when you play us down low on offense its gonna be a problem but we can counter that with the problems we could give your defense.. Would be a great series but you have to get past OKC.. They cause you some real matchup problems as well.. OKC as of now is the better team but you definetly have the potential to beat them..

I do think you guys have the superior team at the moment because you guys are proven with 2 straight finals trips and a chip.

And yes, OKC is what will spoil a potential Lakers-Heat finals. That's why the Lakers need to think about OKC before they even think about the defending champs.

jerellh528
09-05-2012, 11:19 PM

pretty logical response..I also feel we laker fans are pretty confident about OKC because if you watched the series this past year, barring about 2 mins and a couple points the lakers could have easily been up 3-1 in the series, they threw 2 games away literally. We have also gotten substantially better whereas OKC has stood pat. No doubt they are an extremely talented and dangerous team, but with what the lakers put together this offseason, we have reason to be confident I feel.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-05-2012, 11:22 PM
pretty logical response..I also feel we laker fans are pretty confident about OKC because if you watched the series this past year, barring about 2 mins and a couple points the lakers could have easily been up 3-1 in the series, they threw 2 games away literally. We have also gotten substantially better whereas OKC has stood pat. No doubt they are an extremely talented and dangerous team, but with what the lakers put together this offseason, we have reason to be confident I feel.

I think Nash's IQ will trump Russ' athleticism, and it's good that we have a bench of Jamison and Meeks who offensively can counter what Harden can produce off the bench for OKC.

I feel we counter almost everything that OKC can do production wise to be honest.

But still, have to give the defending West champ OKC the respect as of right now.

ryang
09-05-2012, 11:23 PM

Only thing i disagree with is they have stood pat.. Sure player wise but that experience they just went through will only make them stronger IMO.. I do not feel OKC is a lock to beat you for the record.. I need to see you guys play before we really know anything..