PDA

View Full Version : Josh Harrellson to the Miami Heat

therealwd27
09-03-2012, 12:19 PM
Thougts? Good signing or no?

tomhaberstroh Tom Haberstroh
Josh Harrellson (@BigJorts55) announces on Twitter that he'll be in Miami "for the next nine months."

JNoel
09-03-2012, 12:20 PM
Interesting.

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 12:22 PM
It's over Miami 2013 NBA Champs.

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 12:22 PM
He isnt very good

Reyes6
09-03-2012, 12:23 PM
He's a decent 3-pt shot and hustles, not a bad pickup.

JNoel
09-03-2012, 12:25 PM
Harrelson>Eddy Curry

So I'm fine with it.
I can only imagine:

Chalmers
Ray Allen
Miller
Rashard Lewis
Harrellson

We don't even need the big 3 any more with all the 3s we will be making.:drool:

D12 fan
He isnt very good

Yeah but Eddy Curry and Andre Blatche is.:rolleyes:

Rivera
Hes a hustler and a big body...he alo has a nack for getting under peoples skins...he also has toughness to him...he has a chance to have a decent impact for the heat in the 10/15 min he will get a night

Hes probably wayy better than pittman and might be better than joel anthony

therealwd27
09-03-2012, 12:27 PM
Everybody is better than Pittman

29$JerZ
09-03-2012, 12:27 PM
He's extremely slow and after his hand injury his jumpshot just disappeared, he was terrible.

He is a very solid post/perimeter defender for a man his size and he hustles. Definite upgrade over Eddy.

NYKnickFanatic
09-03-2012, 12:29 PM
Very solid. He is a good post defender and he can step out and knock shots down.
But this was before he broke his hand, he was rusty as **** after that.
But I can see him getting back into form. Nice signing.

NYKnickFanatic
09-03-2012, 12:30 PM
He isnt very good

But if he was signing with the Nets, DWIll would turn him into an All Star. :laugh2:

therealwd27
09-03-2012, 12:35 PM
TBH I was hoping for Chris Anderson, but Harrellson can knock down jump shots and thats what the HEAT need from a big man, one roster spot left maybe its for Birdman who knows.

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 12:36 PM
Harrelson was traded away and cut in less then a week. He just cant play the game of basketball at NBA level. He will probably be in a suit next year.

29$JerZ
09-03-2012, 12:39 PM
TBH I was hoping for Chris Anderson, but Harrellson can knock down jump shots and thats what the HEAT need from a big man, one roster spot left maybe its for Birdman who knows.

He was hitting shots at a decent rate before his hand injury. After that he was extremely terrible offensively. If his hand is 100% Miami got a nice piece who can also hit a 3 but that's solely dependent on him actually playing like he did out of College.

SteBO
09-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Can't complain......

Gritz
09-03-2012, 12:41 PM
Who?

GiantsSwaGG
09-03-2012, 12:42 PM
He isnt very good

Okay but look Who signing him? The defending champs. Plus didn't u say if anybody is in the nba, they're good?

Oh I forgot you're a troll

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 12:43 PM
Okay but look Who signing him? The defending champs. Plus didn't u say if anybody is in the nba, they're good?

lol'z.

b@llhog24
09-03-2012, 12:45 PM
Harrelson was traded away and cut in less then a week. He just cant play the game of basketball at NBA level. He will probably be in a suit next year.

Yea but teams actually wanted him, Blatche on the other hand.....

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 12:49 PM
Harellson was a headcase in college talking back to his teachers and on the phone in class, and even talked smack about Callipari on twitter and was almost kicked off the team.

He is bad news

NYKnickFanatic
09-03-2012, 12:49 PM

Yea but teams actually wanted him, Blatche on the other hand.....

:laugh: :clap:

NYKnickFanatic
09-03-2012, 12:50 PM
Harellson was a headcase in college talking back to his teachers and on the phone in class, and even talked smack about Callipari on twitter and was almost kicked off the team.

He is bad news

Right, I'm sure he is going to act up on the Heat...

therealwd27
09-03-2012, 12:51 PM

He is bad news

What student doesnt talk back to his teachers at some point?

and everyone uses their phone in the class come on:facepalm:

b@llhog24
09-03-2012, 12:54 PM

He is bad news

:facepalm:

D12 fan

He is bad news

He did it for the lol'z.

NYKnickFanatic

Hes such a troll.

TheNumber37
09-03-2012, 12:55 PM
Harrelson is a good pickup. He is the future Scalabrine.

Gritz
09-03-2012, 12:57 PM

People with manners

NYKnickFanatic
09-03-2012, 12:57 PM
Harrelson is a good pickup. He is the future Scalabrine.

Scabrine is the future Scalabrine. ;)

therealwd27
09-03-2012, 01:00 PM
People with manners

You seriously never said anything back to a teacher? doesnt mean you do not have manners you wont always agree with what they are saying and they are not always 100% correct

BigBlueCrew
09-03-2012, 01:01 PM
People with manners

dont be such a kiss ***

KnickaBocka.44
09-03-2012, 01:05 PM
You seriously never said anything back to a teacher? doesnt mean you do not have manners you wont always agree with what they are saying and they are not always 100% correct

disagreement followed by questioning is entirely different than talking back and being defiant--the latter of which is rude. People who talk back in front of a class usually have either an inflated sense of self or feel the need to try and impress their peers.

That being said--good for Josh, glad he landed somewhere nice. And I have never heard of him being a troublemaker.

greg_ory_2005
09-03-2012, 01:06 PM
Oh dayummm, this is just not fair anymore.

b@llhog24
09-03-2012, 01:07 PM
People with manners

dont be such a kiss ***

:laugh2:

meloman1592
09-03-2012, 01:07 PM

he's better than Curry

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 01:08 PM
Oh dayummm, this is just not fair anymore.

I know right Miami just keeps reloading with talent.

knicks=love
09-03-2012, 01:10 PM

oh but eddy curry can? :rolleyes: :laugh2:

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-03-2012, 01:10 PM
Yeah but Eddy Curry and Andre Blatche is.:rolleyes:

You just got off a couple of bans. Maybe you should learn to shut your mouth once in a while. If you want to keep contributing to the Lakers forum, you can't keep saying such boneheaded things to other posters and run the risk of getting banned again.

Stay classy! :cheers:

koreancabbage
09-03-2012, 01:11 PM
I know right Miami just keeps reloading with talent.

no no no :bs:

the Nets are loading up with talent. Eddy Curry and Andre Blatche. Possibly for the best bench in the entire NBA. Christ people, you don't know anything.

i just don't get it with PSD. :cool:

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-03-2012, 01:13 PM
People with manners

That's absurd. There's a fine line between respecting your elders and letting someone who "happens to be older than you" take complete advantage of you and compel you to have to listen to their every word, even though that teacher may be wrong.

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 01:13 PM
You just got off a couple of bans. Maybe you should learn to shut your mouth once in a while. If you want to keep contributing to the Lakers forum, you can't keep saying such boneheaded things to other posters and run the risk of getting banned again.

If I get banned for that than PSD is a joke.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-03-2012, 01:14 PM
If I get banned for that than PSD is a joke.

The fact that you are on a short leash and the fact that as soon as this thread began, you started making smart alec comments towards a Nets fan doesn't do you much justice. So just lighten up man. You're kinda on the radar from the mods.

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 01:15 PM
no no no :bs:

the Nets are loading up with talent. Eddy Curry and Andre Blatche. Possibly for the best bench in the entire NBA. Christ people, you don't know anything.

i just don't get it with PSD. :cool:

lol yeah I forgot about the Nets Blatche/Curry is a nice offseason for them.

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 01:16 PM
The fact that you are on a short leash and the fact that as soon as this thread began, you started making smart alec comments towards a Nets fan doesn't do you much justice. So just lighten up man. You're kinda on the radar from the mods.

Ok I will try my best.:cheers:

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 01:19 PM
he's better than Curry

Really?

Eddy dominated this league while Joshy was still in High School talking back to his teachers, Eddy is known around the globe and Harrelson has been on 3 teams in the past month.

justinnum1
09-03-2012, 01:21 PM
Hes a hustler and a big body...he alo has a nack for getting under peoples skins...he also has toughness to him...he has a chance to have a decent impact for the heat in the 10/15 min he will get a night

Hes probably wayy better than pittman and might be better than joel anthony

anyone is better than pittman. joel is joel.

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 01:24 PM
anyone is better than pittman. joel is joel.

Suprised you dont like Pittman after he got suspended for 3 games after sending a message to Indiana. After that game Pacers got scared and it showed Miami was the agressive physical team.

dee279
09-03-2012, 01:25 PM
Scabrine is the future Scalabrine. ;)

Harrelson is Scalabrine

KniCks4LiFe
09-03-2012, 01:25 PM

He is bad news

:facepalm:

justinnum1
09-03-2012, 01:27 PM
Suprised you dont like Pittman after he got suspended for 3 games after sending a message to Indiana. After that game Pacers got scared and it showed Miami was the agressive physical team.

We dont need a guy that elbows people in the face. Pittman is just eating up a roster spot with his guaranteed contract. If he doesn;t get cut i hope he can contribute something but over the past 2 seasons he has shown me nothing.

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 01:28 PM
And Eddy Curry was signed by Miami because LEBRON and WADE are good friends with him and know he can ball.

KniCks4LiFe
09-03-2012, 01:31 PM
And Eddy Curry was signed by Miami because LEBRON and WADE are good friends with him and know he can ball.

and he didn't stay in Miami because?

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 01:33 PM

He never played he is obviously not the guy they are looking for. Doesnt make him a bad player.

BigBlueCrew
09-03-2012, 01:35 PM

McDonalds was sold out?

KniCks4LiFe
09-03-2012, 01:38 PM
my homie DMF, I'm a Knicks fan. I can tell you 100% Eddy Curry is a bust. He's the equivalent of Brad Miller in the post. That's just being force fed the ball. His footwork is a joke, defense he knows not what you speak of there, he was one of the worst rebounding bigs I can recall. Tyson Chandler kept this dude looking like a decent talent while he was defending both their post ops and getting the boards in Chicago.

In reality Eddy Curry never had the fire to begin with for NBA ball. He is 100% the opposite of players that work hard. His fire pre-basketball was to be a gymnast. I kid you not there people. And everytime he needs money for rent, or food, or whatever, he does this I can play in the NBA shtick.

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 01:40 PM
my homie DMF, I'm a Knicks fan. I can tell you 100% Eddy Curry is a bust. He's the equivalent of Brad Miller in the post. That's just being force fed the ball. His footwork is a joke, defense he knows not what you speak of there, he was one of the worst rebounding bigs I can recall. Tyson Chandler kept this dude looking like a decent talent while he was defending both their post ops and getting the boards in Chicago.

In reality Eddy Curry never had the fire to begin with for NBA ball. He is 100% the opposite of players that work hard. His fire pre-basketball was to be a gymnast. I kid you not there people. And everytime he needs money for rent, or food, or whatever, he does this I can play in the NBA shtick.

His gf and daughter were murdered, he was depressed.
He is STILL in the NBA for a reason.

And as a Knick fan you know and watched Eddy play and know he can ball. Look at the FG% it doesnt lie.

JNoel
09-03-2012, 01:41 PM

This, and his lateral quickness is equivalent to a sumo wrestler.

justinnum1
09-03-2012, 01:42 PM
haberstroh
Source says Harrellson will work out with the Heat again this week in Miami. Pat Riley wasn't around for first workout. No deal as of now.

EDUTEXANS
09-03-2012, 01:45 PM
He isn't that big of man protecting the rim Miami needed, but he is a good 3pt shooter and that's another thing Miami wanted. With Wade and Lebron as two of the best playmakers in the game, there are gonna be a lot of open 3s. Allen, Lewis, Battier, Chalmers, Harrelson...

KniCks4LiFe
09-03-2012, 01:45 PM
His gf and daughter were murdered, he was depressed.
He is STILL in the NBA for a reason.

And as a Knick fan you know and watched Eddy play and know he can ball. Look at the FG% it doesnt lie.

I know that. Hey Amar'e's brother died too. This is the NBA. And pre-gf and daughter, this was still Eddy Curry. I'm sorry for that, this is not the subject. There are plenty of players in the NBA who deal w/ these things. It doesn't change the fact Eddy was a bust.

When we had coach Zeke coaching, he was force feeding him the ball 2 inches from the rim he'd drop a few points. It was easy, run it down and before the defense set his fatass would run to a spot and put the ball in the hole. His peak was the game vs Toronto in MSG where he outdueled Chris Bosh, past that Eddy was inconsistant, low IQ, turnover the ball in key spots, never wanted to hustle for a rebound and never played D.

koreancabbage
09-03-2012, 01:48 PM
Really?

Eddy dominated this league while Joshy was still in High School talking back to his teachers, Eddy is known around the globe and Harrelson has been on 3 teams in the past month.

i'm glad you can use the past tense. HAHAH who cares if Eddy is known around the globe- he's know around as a fat *** who can't get into game shape. What makes you say that two top 10 players in Wade and Lebron almost got him into shape will guarantee anything in Brooklyn, a team that probably has less influence to get him into shape.

Eddy Curry and Andre Blatche are there to fill up the bench. anything you get from them is extra ...but you shouldn't be expecting anything.

shep33
09-03-2012, 01:51 PM
He just adds depth. Don't think he'll play very much, but still a good pickup as a backup big. Better than Curry.

Gritz
09-03-2012, 01:51 PM

Disagreeing and being disrespectful are two separate things.

Gritz
09-03-2012, 01:52 PM
dont be such a kiss ***

For saying people with manners do not talk back, yea ok

Byronicle
09-03-2012, 01:53 PM
I wonder what would be said if he was to signed with the Brooklyn Nets instead

justinnum1
09-03-2012, 01:53 PM
he didnt even sign..he is going to try out in camp

Captain Moroni
09-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Solid pickup for Miami, he s a tough mudder....just what they need off the bench.
Better than eddy curry? Not even close, curry just sucks.

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 02:00 PM
Shaq was fat also and Big Baby is fat doesnt mean being fat makes you bad.

Plus he is skinny now

Captain Moroni
09-03-2012, 02:01 PM

Plus he is skinny now

Probably better when he was fat

EDUTEXANS
09-03-2012, 02:02 PM
Source says Harrellson will work out with the Heat again this week in Miami. Pat Riley wasn't around for first workout. No deal as of now.

ESPN's Tom Haberstroh

Captain Moroni
09-03-2012, 02:02 PM

No, sucking at basketball is what makes him bad.

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 02:03 PM

Numbers dont lie

GiantsSwaGG
09-03-2012, 02:05 PM
When has Eddy Curry dominated the league?

Fresno
09-03-2012, 02:09 PM

Eddy Curry doesn't suck at basketball.

There are 2 problems here for him:

Injuries & Reputation.

He has dealt with so many injuries that at this point in his career that its become expected to see him courtside in a suit, and as he is now 30 years old it will only be even harder for him to come back. That leads to his reputation where as now he's even being wrongly considered by some to be a "draft bust" simply due to what happened in NY. No team is going to give a player with his reputation a featured role in the rotation right now. Any team he signed for, he would literally have to be playing great in practice just for him to crack the rotation.

Miami didn't play him because by the time he declared himself to be 100% towards the end of the year, their rotation was already set and they didn't have the time to work him in there as their low post scoring C.

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 02:12 PM
Also Mike Dantoni just didnt want to play him and Marbury

RLundi
09-03-2012, 02:23 PM
Would there be a thread if he went to the Kings?

jp611
09-03-2012, 02:24 PM
This is a decent signing for cheap though... How is he a FA already though? I thought he was still with Knicks for sure

b@llhog24
09-03-2012, 02:25 PM

It's actually the best I've ever seen him post. :shrug:

Plus he is skinny now

Yet you use the fact the Melo is "fat" to say that he sucks.

Fresno
09-03-2012, 02:26 PM
Also Mike Dantoni just didnt want to play him and Marbury

D'Antoni didnt want to play him because he was injured & terribly out of shape not just for basketball but for a "healthy" man in general.

The last 3 or 4 years or so for him have been that same story.

This is the first offseason for Eddy Curry in awhile where he actually is in satisfactory basketball shape and "healthy".

Fresno
09-03-2012, 02:27 PM
This is a decent signing for cheap though... How is he a FA already though? I thought he was still with Knicks for sure

Knicks traded him to Houston in the Marcus Camby deal.

Houston waived him, so now he's free to sign with any team except Houston & the Knicks.

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 02:36 PM
It's actually the best I've ever seen him post. :shrug:

Yet you use the fact the Melo is "fat" to say that he sucks.

I never said Melo sucks ever

b@llhog24
09-03-2012, 02:38 PM
I never said Melo sucks ever

It wasn't verbatim.

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 02:50 PM
When has Eddy Curry dominated the league?

Never

Gram
09-03-2012, 02:51 PM
He isnt very good

Anyone who isn't a Net isn't good.

SINCESTARBURY25
09-03-2012, 02:52 PM
I wish him the best of luck. He was a solid piece here. I miss him and Balkman. Two energy guys.

StarvingKnick22
09-03-2012, 02:56 PM
Why is it that when we let go of a player, they end up on the Heat?

HOZ THE KNICK
09-03-2012, 03:36 PM
great move by the heat he will bust his azz that's for sure.

JasonJohnHorn
09-03-2012, 04:16 PM
His per36 stats were a double-double, which is better than what Miami has in the paint right now, plus he can shoot the three.... I think he'll be a great fit. I'm surprised NY let him go to be honest.

JasonJohnHorn
09-03-2012, 04:20 PM
I thought this was a josh Harrellson thread. Can we stop talking about Eddy Curry's fat lazy @$$?

Losoway
09-03-2012, 04:20 PM
great signing wayyyyyyyy better upgrade then eddy curry

miami heat really got a scary deep roster

JasonJohnHorn
09-03-2012, 04:31 PM
He never played he is obviously not the guy they are looking for. Doesnt make him a bad player.

If you are a center and can't get any minutes on the team witht he worst center rotation in the league, then there is something wrong with you.

They signed Curry because they were desperate. They let him go because it turned out they weren't that desperate after all.

Can we stop talking about Curry. This is a Josh Harrellson thread! Jesus!

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-03-2012, 04:31 PM
7 pages on Josh Harrellson! :speechless:

beasted86
09-03-2012, 04:32 PM
I am not one of these fans who pretend a guy is better than he is because my team just signed him. This guy is a scrub. Completely annoyed we couldn't get Birdman, KMart, or Blatche.

JasonJohnHorn
09-03-2012, 04:48 PM
7 pages on Josh Harrellson! :speechless:

Actually... I think there are only 2 pages about Harrellson, the other five pages some how became about Eddy Curry and how he got depressed after his exgf and duaghter were murder... though nobody has mentioned the sexual harassment charges brought up against him by his Jewish limo driver and claims Curry exposed himself to him and made sexual advances... any way...

JasonJohnHorn
09-03-2012, 04:50 PM
I am not one of these fans who pretend a guy is better than he is because my team just signed him. This guy is a scrub. Completely annoyed we couldn't get Birdman, KMart, or Blatche.

I think KMart would have been a great pick up... and who knows.. it may happen, and Birdman I like, but he's fallen out of the rotation in Denver for a reason. Blatche... I think it would be wise for Miami to pass on him.

Harrellson is a double-double player with starting minutes... that's pretty good, and they signed him for next to nothing AND he can shoot the 3-ball... so I think he's actually a good fit and I wouldn't think any Heat fans would be acting like "homers" if they thought this was a great signing.

But KMart... yeah....

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-03-2012, 05:44 PM

Your opinion will change when u watch him defend and rebound. Especially if he's found his shot again

dnewguy
09-03-2012, 06:32 PM
Your opinion will change when u watch him defend and rebound. Especially if he's found his shot again

He was never a good 'shot" maker. I agree with most people, he is on par with Eddy Curry...very terrible player.

Punk
09-03-2012, 07:21 PM
Damn, Jorts is a really good hustle and low post defender with a big body similar to Nick Collison. He rebounds at a really good rate as well.

Good pickup by Miami.

Punk
09-03-2012, 07:22 PM
He was never a good 'shot" maker. I agree with most people, he is on par with Eddy Curry...very terrible player.

You're an idiot. He's far from Eddy Curry. He is not a scrub either and Miami fans will soon find out if he gets minutes.

beasted86
09-03-2012, 09:15 PM
Harrellson is not a good defender. I don't know where Knicks fans are getting that idea. I guess it goes in hand with the "Carmelo can play good defense" or "Danilo Gallinari plays good defense" thought lines too... AKA ignorance of what good defense actually is.

Don't see Harrellson buying minutes over Haslem if he does indeed make the final 15 roster.

Losoway
09-03-2012, 09:31 PM
a team like miami doesnt need a kmart or blatche (although it would be nice ) they just need some solid role players that can come in and fill in some of the weaknesses the heat have

josh harrellson is a good rebounder and a big body in the paint . good pickup

PC
09-03-2012, 09:36 PM
He's absolute ****

For whatever reason, he's deluded himself into thinking he's a good 3 pt. shooter which completely cancels out the things he's somewhat decent at (rebounding and occasionally defense).

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 09:38 PM
Harrelson SUCKS!

Knick fans are just saying positive stuff about him because he is good compared to their players

PC
09-03-2012, 09:40 PM
Damn, Jorts is a really good hustle and low post defender with a big body similar to Nick Collison. He rebounds at a really good rate as well.

Good pickup by Miami.

How so? Jorts has a lot of weight on Collison and is closer to 6'7 than his listed height at 6'10. Not to mention he has absolutely no vertical lift which, combined with his height, is why he consistently gets his shot blocked.

Needless to say, I didn't very much care for Jorts when he was on the Knicks

DoMeFavors
09-03-2012, 09:41 PM
Harrelson is similar to Brian Scalabrine's skill set

justinnum1
09-04-2012, 01:52 AM
Harrelson is similar to Brian Scalabrine's skill set

you mean lopez?

HeaTxRipZz
09-04-2012, 02:28 AM
Definitely a solid pick up. Like others said he can hit the 3 ball on occasions, he rebounds and plays ok defense at times. Not consistent at all which I think is his problem but I'm sure Miami isn't expecting him to be a stud because he won't but he will provide that Janitor role doing all the dirty work

Evolution23
09-04-2012, 03:35 AM
Harrellson is not a good defender. I don't know where Knicks fans are getting that idea. I guess it goes in hand with the "Carmelo can play good defense" or "Danilo Gallinari plays good defense" thought lines too... AKA ignorance of what good defense actually is.

Don't see Harrellson buying minutes over Haslem if he does indeed make the final 15 roster.

You are dumb. Harrellson is a solid defender and rebounder. I guess that happens to people from Miami that think Chris bosh is a the next Kareem and Dwade is better than Jordan. Stick to your beaches and clubs, cause your basketball knowledge isn't on point.

3ballbomber
09-04-2012, 06:44 AM
who?

joeboow90
09-04-2012, 07:12 AM
Noooooooooooooooooooooo...that's it it's over Miami heat guarenteed champs this year don't even play the season

beasted86
09-04-2012, 07:43 AM
You are dumb. Harrellson is a solid defender and rebounder. I guess that happens to people from Miami that think Chris bosh is a the next Kareem and Dwade is better than Jordan. Stick to your beaches and clubs, cause your basketball knowledge isn't on point.

Why do you seem mad that I'm telling the truth about Knick fans' lack of good defense assessment? You fans have said both of those statements about Carmelo and Gallinari, I'm not making anything up.

Harrellson is just average he is not good. And this high rebound rate you guys talk about isn't even that high. He didn't crack the top 70.

BobbyHillSwag
09-04-2012, 08:31 AM
josh harrelson was straight but he's not much help for miami that needs a true center.

HeaTxRipZz
09-04-2012, 05:16 PM
Why do you seem mad that I'm telling the truth about Knick fans' lack of good defense assessment? You fans have said both of those statements about Carmelo and Gallinari, I'm not making anything up.

Harrellson is just average he is not good. And this high rebound rate you guys talk about isn't even that high. He didn't crack the top 70.

Just because you see 1 or 2 fans say Danilo was solid on defense doesn't mean the whole fan base believes that lol. I can't recall anyone honestly believing Gallo was a solid defender here

Kashmir13579
09-04-2012, 05:27 PM
Solid, solid pickup.

This kid is the next J.Y.D.

Kashmir13579
09-04-2012, 05:28 PM

You will like this kids defense and rebounding. He's a banger.

Kashmir13579
09-04-2012, 05:31 PM

lmfao. Harellson is a fan favorite all day. I think you'll be eating these words..

LongIslandIcedZ
09-04-2012, 05:31 PM
He's an average player.

He'll do well in Miami, just dont relegate him to spot up shooting, it isnt really his game.

ThunderousDemon
09-04-2012, 05:48 PM
The Ballad of Josh Harrellson!!! :worthy: :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9GFQzjPj4

Kashmir13579
09-04-2012, 05:54 PM
The Ballad of Josh Harrellson!!! :worthy: :clap:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0b9GFQzjPj4

The doubters need to hear this and kick rocks.

Da Knicks
09-04-2012, 06:04 PM
I loved Jorts and think he will do very well if given the minutes, he was horrible on offense after his broken hand but he plays with alot of heart. He will become a fan fav if he gets his shot back and just plays his game all hustle!!

blastmasta26
09-04-2012, 07:34 PM

If you don't think Carmelo is even capable of playing good defense, you're ignorant. And Gallo is an underrated defender. He's not an elite athlete but he puts in effort on that end and isn't bad.

MrfadeawayJB
09-04-2012, 09:18 PM
Bottom line is that he is a upgrade over Curry

so good pick up

Evolution23
09-05-2012, 02:00 AM
Bottom line is Harrelson is gonna lock down Dwight in the paint. It's not even close. Riley got em all discounted.

koreancabbage
09-05-2012, 08:54 AM
If you don't think Carmelo is even capable of playing good defense, you're ignorant. And Gallo is an underrated defender. He's not an elite athlete but he puts in effort on that end and isn't bad.

I think what he stated was a generalization statement. Its true that Carmelo does not have a reputation of playing good defence... even when he is at times. Same goes for Gallo. So in a sense, he is correct.

Nothing wrong with what he said.

Knicks21
09-05-2012, 09:13 AM
Harrelson hasnt even signed yet? He said Now heading to Miami for hopefully the next 9 months

ryang
09-05-2012, 12:35 PM
Who cares.. He will ride the bench come playoff time..

NoahH
09-05-2012, 03:17 PM
He;s better than Curry and Pittman.

Patriotsfan97
09-05-2012, 03:58 PM
I know Harrellson, followed him since HS. I'm a huge UK fan so when he got drafted, he became one of my favorite NBA players. Thought he didn't really have a place in this league, so I didn't expect much. Then he comes in and becomes a fan favorite in NY, and starts getting Pts and Rbs, and even moreso minutes when I didn't think he would get many at all from the start. I think the kid has more heart than you can find in most NBA players and will do anything your team needs to help. He is a major upgrade over Curry and Pittman. Great player for his role. Comes in, knocks down jumpers, grabs boards, and provides intensity when the team needs it. He hasn't signed anything with Miami, but is being invited to a Pre-Training camp workout to show what he has. He will make it. And he will make the 15 man roster. The kid deserves it more than anything. Proud of the kid.

Hoopsadvocate
09-05-2012, 06:35 PM
I know Harrellson, followed him since HS. I'm a huge UK fan so when he got drafted, he became one of my favorite NBA players. Thought he didn't really have a place in this league, so I didn't expect much. Then he comes in and becomes a fan favorite in NY, and starts getting Pts and Rbs, and even moreso minutes when I didn't think he would get many at all from the start. I think the kid has more heart than you can find in most NBA players and will do anything your team needs to help. He is a major upgrade over Curry and Pittman. Great player for his role. Comes in, knocks down jumpers, grabs boards, and provides intensity when the team needs it. He hasn't signed anything with Miami, but is being invited to a Pre-Training camp workout to show what he has. He will make it. And he will make the 15 man roster. The kid deserves it more than anything. Proud of the kid.

Great info, thanks. Sounds like he will fit in the HEAT culture. Im curious as to why you didnt think he had a place in this league though?

HiphopRelated
09-06-2012, 09:26 AM
meh don't care, just a camp invite

Giannis94
09-06-2012, 09:53 AM
Harrellson gets his own thread? I mean Scal should get his own too now.

Im_in_Mia_bish
09-07-2012, 11:23 AM
First of all, Harrellson was given a week long tryout with the heat 3 days ago.

second, no agreement was made, he still has 4 more days, and has to go through training camp and preseason.

as for the idiots saying harrellson is garbage,
http://www.capitalnewyork.com/article/sports/2012/09/6535541/knicks-will-be-seeing-lots-josh-harrellson-after-all

his per 36 is 9.6 rebounds, and he shot 34% from 3. not bad.

he is obviously better than any center on the heat roster.

so if the heat sign him, it would be just fine with me.
end of discussion.
and end of thread.

NYtilIdie
09-07-2012, 11:42 AM
This guy sucks, he isn't an "enforcer" no matter how bad people try to make it seem like he is, he can't finish around the rim so he stands around the perimeter and chucks airball 3's all day which is even more frustrating.

The guy doesn't shut anybody down, we can stop that assumption right now.

D12 fan
09-07-2012, 11:44 AM
This guy sucks, he isn't an "enforcer" no matter how bad people try to make it seem like he is, he can't finish around the rim so he stands around the perimeter and chucks airball 3's all day which is even more frustrating.

The guy doesn't shut anybody down, we can stop that assumption right now.

lol,I can't believe it but I actually agree with 1 of my eniemies.

C_Mund
09-07-2012, 11:48 AM

Haha, I agree with everything you said except the Brad Miller part. He had a long career with good teams, was a decent rebounder, VERY good passer and a stand-up teammate. Show the man some love!!

TeamSeattle
09-07-2012, 11:50 AM
He only got a 10-day workout calm down folks. Heat aren't that dumb to sign this permanent bench warmer but I'll wait and see.

Stinkyoutsider
09-07-2012, 12:29 PM
Not bad for the Heat at all. At this point for them, any big is good news. Bosh can't be happy playing center full time and replacing Eddy Curry isn't hard to do...