PDA

View Full Version : Orlando is far from done trading, plenty of guys available

spreadeagle
09-03-2012, 03:04 AM
The Orlando Magic are ready to continue their roster overhaul, as the team is reportedly open to trading any holdovers and/or players acquired in the Dwight Howard deal. According to the Orlando Sentinel, GM Rob Hennigan and his staff are trying to trade JJ Redick, Jameer Nelson, Glen Davis, Hedo Turkoglu and others: “Vets Al Harrington and Josh McRoberts, who both arrived in the Dwight deal, also will be there for the asking. What do the Magic want in return to jettison any of those deals? Ideally, expiring contracts and/or draft picks. Odds of moving the big multi-year contracts of Turk ($11.8 and roughly $6 million), Nelson (3 years, about $20 million) and Davis (3 years, $19.4 million) are slim, of course. Redick has an expiring deal at $6.7 million so he’ll be beneficial whether he’s dealt or not. McRoberts also has an expiring contract at $3.1 million. Richardson has two years left at $2.6 million and $2.8 million. Even with two guaranteed seasons at $6.2 million and $6.6 million, Harrington has enough firepower left to interest a team looking for a scorer or trying to fill a void created by an injury. The Magic likely will be busy at the trade deadline.”

http://www.slamonline.com/online/nba/2012/09/magic-looking-to-trade-redick-harrington-turkoglu-nelson-among-others/

Avenged
09-03-2012, 03:17 AM
Didn't they just re-sign Nelson?

NYKNYGNYY
09-03-2012, 03:18 AM
Terrible front office ...gained more problems and more ****** contracts ...had dwight in the beginning that could have gotten you picks a good player and got rid of Turk and Davis

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-03-2012, 03:18 AM
Why trade away McRoberts? He's an expiring $3.1M

shep33
09-03-2012, 04:05 AM
The article must be bogus. I mean why re-sign Nelson to begin with? In all truth, I don't understand why the re-signed Nelson for that kind of money anyways.

Redick and McRoberts are nice expiring deals, why not keep them? Harrington's deal has a buyout option right? Or is it only partially guaranteed? This article is pretty strange.

EDUTEXANS
09-03-2012, 01:50 PM
Jameer Nelson :facepalm: Worst signing of the preseason.

Showtime Steve
09-03-2012, 04:00 PM
Jameer Nelson :facepalm: Worst signing of the preseason.

Asik and lin come to mind.

SINCESTARBURY25
09-03-2012, 04:02 PM
Ill trade you a sack of potatoes for Turkoglu? Yes? Good deal Mr.Hennigan

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 04:03 PM

Agree Asik/Lin is right up there with the Magic resigning Jameer.

Losoway
09-03-2012, 04:23 PM
lmao this made me spit out my juice

what they gonna trade nelson for some d league players and 2 round draft picks ?

JasonJohnHorn
09-03-2012, 04:40 PM
Orlando has a bunch of toxic contracts nobody wants. WTF do they think they are going to get back for that? Nobody is taking on Hedu's contract unless you are throwing in some first-round picks to sweeten the deal.

Orlando's front office did such an awful job with the Dwight trade that they will be spending the next five season rebuilding and waiting for all these awful contracts to come off the books.

smith&wesson
09-03-2012, 05:04 PM
No ones gonna want any one on that roster other then affalo or redick maybe.

nycericanguy
09-03-2012, 06:02 PM
Still have no clue why they gave Nelson $9m per.

His production is comparable to Felton who got $3m per. And Nelson is 3 years older! How does Nelson get 3x what Felton got?

Its like they get rid of 1 bad contract, and immediate create another.

Aust
09-03-2012, 06:35 PM
Good, clean house and build from the ground up

smith&wesson
09-03-2012, 07:02 PM
Good, clean house and build from the ground up

Not easy when you have crappy contracts in hedo, nelson, davis, & harrington

blastmasta26
09-03-2012, 07:14 PM
Lol the Dwight trade was so bad, as well as their offseason in general. They would've been better off letting Jameer walk than signing him for that much, and getting nothing back for Dwight (while taking back another bad contract) was idiotic.

Mave1002
09-03-2012, 10:55 PM
JJ shouldve been included in that package!

MagicBucsSox
09-03-2012, 11:16 PM

Hedo can be bought out after the season
Nelson & davis 6 per 3
Harrington has a great deal that even LAL wanted him
That's not bad deals. But they'll have to take one on to move them.

They could move them all for one bad deal. Say Deandre Jordan to be an example

MagicBucsSox
09-03-2012, 11:19 PM
Lol the Dwight trade was so bad, as well as their offseason in general. They would've been better off letting Jameer walk than signing him for that much, and getting nothing back for Dwight (while taking back another bad contract) was idiotic.

They got flexability back, and they had to take AFfalo for the deal to work and in order to get Harkless ,imbecile.

Losoway
09-03-2012, 11:22 PM
you cant clean house when you have terrible contracts nobody wants

and they just gave nelson a terrible contract

the magic office should be stoned

Chazm
09-03-2012, 11:28 PM
Still have no clue why they gave Nelson $9m per.

His production is comparable to Felton who got $3m per. And Nelson is 3 years older! How does Nelson get 3x what Felton got?

Its like they get rid of 1 bad contract, and immediate create another.

Maybe because they didn't give him 9 per. Read

*Superman*
09-03-2012, 11:36 PM

What do you want them to do? Go into the season with ZERO contracts? In two summers we will have enough money to sign two max contracts.

Also all the article is saying is that everyone on the roster is up for grabs, if it makes sense for the future, the Magic will deal them.

RLundi
09-03-2012, 11:37 PM
Orlando has a bunch of toxic contracts nobody wants. WTF do they think they are going to get back for that? Nobody is taking on Hedu's contract unless you are throwing in some first-round picks to sweeten the deal.

Orlando's front office did such an awful job with the Dwight trade that they will be spending the next five season rebuilding and waiting for all these awful contracts to come off the books.

Next five years?

You do realize most of their contracts expire this year and next don't you?

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 11:38 PM
You guys lay off the Magic fans,they didn't make these moves it was their dumb CEO Alex Martins who deserves blame for this whole debacle with the firing of SVG/Otis and trading Dwight.

D12 fan
09-03-2012, 11:40 PM
The Magic are doing the right thing by tanking and getting young talent to build around with Harkless/Affalo and mutiple draft picks.They chose to tank to get better why be a middle of the pack team?

JNoel
09-03-2012, 11:54 PM
Yeah signing Nelson was a big mistake if Hennigan is tanking which is what he's trying to do. Right?

nycericanguy
09-03-2012, 11:56 PM
Maybe because they didn't give him 9 per. Read

Everything I read was he got a 3year $25m deal... thats pretty close to $9m per. forgive me for not being exact.

TrAv=MaGiCfReAk
09-04-2012, 11:52 AM
He didn't get 9 per year ...plus they brought him back cause for some reason he is a fan favorite and he is a leader so that's good for the youth we have... baby Davis deal isnt even bad and Harrington and Turk can be bought out... I don't know what people are talking about saying we took on more bad contracts or that we will be stuck with these bad contracts for 5 years lol all of them will be off the books in 2 years Max besides affalo ....

lookie8
09-04-2012, 12:42 PM
He didn't get 9 per year ...plus they brought him back cause for some reason he is a fan favorite and he is a leader so that's good for the youth we have... baby Davis deal isnt even bad and Harrington and Turk can be bought out... I don't know what people are talking about saying we took on more bad contracts or that we will be stuck with these bad contracts for 5 years lol all of them will be off the books in 2 years Max besides affalo ....

The Magic are in like Flynn

spreadeagle
09-04-2012, 12:52 PM
You guys lay off the Magic fans,they didn't make these moves it was their dumb CEO Alex Martins who deserves blame for this whole debacle with the firing of SVG/Otis and trading Dwight.

Agreed I know what its like when your F.O makes a move deemed terrible by fans and writers...you gotta stick up for your team regardless, and hey in the NBA your always one Lebron or one D Rose draft pick away from being right back on top and Orlando will most certainly get a top 3 this year ontop of the like 6 picks they got from Dwight. Also love the Stevie J ratface Avi hahaha awesome

lookie8
09-04-2012, 01:03 PM
Agreed I know what its like when your F.O makes a move deemed terrible by fans and writers...you gotta stick up for your team regardless, and hey in the NBA your always one Lebron or one D Rose draft pick away from being right back on top and Orlando will most certainly get a top 3 this year ontop of the like 6 picks they got from Dwight. Also love the Stevie J ratface Avi hahaha awesome

You don't have to stick up for your team regardless.

When your team screws up, you should admit it and be angry about it, IMO.

spreadeagle
09-04-2012, 01:06 PM
You don't have to stick up for your team regardless.

When your team screws up, you should admit it and be angry about it, IMO.

ya the fans can all complain to each other but when every other fan base is making fun of your team you feel a need to point out the positives which some usually dont see if you dont follow the team close i.e rookies with potential Harkess Nicholson ect

lookie8
09-04-2012, 01:10 PM
ya the fans can all complain to each other but when every other fan base is making fun of your team you feel a need to point out the positives which some usually dont see if you dont follow the team close i.e rookies with potential Harkess Nicholson ect

Just disagree. Been a Nets fan for years, and very few franchises have screwed up as much as they have.

You get angry, you call them idiots, and you wait for something good to happen.

You don't create fictional future scenarios to convince fans of other teams that you did good.

rapjuicer06
09-04-2012, 01:11 PM

Hedo and Harrington are bought out after the year. Um...so there goes two MORE bad contracts AFTER getting rid of Duhon and J-Rich's bad contracts. So thats 4 bad contracts gone in the matter of a year basically. Add in the fact that they have expiring contracts as well. JJ could be traded to a contender needing him at the trade deadline, same as Nelson.

I like what they have done this offseason, besides the contract offer for Nelson, but I understand why they did it.

As a Magic fan, I LOVE the trade. We got younger, and can make moves as well. There is nothing bad about the trade

DeyAce
09-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Bulls need to trade for Reddick

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 01:22 PM
Agree with rapjuicer.

C_Mund
09-04-2012, 01:37 PM
Just disagree. Been a Nets fan for years, and very few franchises have screwed up as much as they have.

You get angry, you call them idiots, and you wait for something good to happen.

You don't create fictional future scenarios to convince fans of other teams that you did good.

2 straight finals appearances, fleeced the Raptors for Carter, went downhill for a bit, drafted a good young C, traded for a top-3 pg, acquired a top-tier sg.... tough to feel bad for you.

Sometimes "waiting for something good to happen" starts to alter your perception of "good" and the goals become a bit more pedestrian.

imagesrdecievin
09-04-2012, 01:50 PM
Hedo and Harrington are bought out after the year. Um...so there goes two MORE bad contracts AFTER getting rid of Duhon and J-Rich's bad contracts. So thats 4 bad contracts gone in the matter of a year basically. Add in the fact that they have expiring contracts as well. JJ could be traded to a contender needing him at the trade deadline, same as Nelson.

I like what they have done this offseason, besides the contract offer for Nelson, but I understand why they did it.

As a Magic fan, I LOVE the trade. We got younger, and can make moves as well. There is nothing bad about the trade

Why? I really can't wrap my head around that one at all?

rapjuicer06
09-04-2012, 02:27 PM
Why? I really can't wrap my head around that one at all?

Because the city, fans, front office and team all love him. He wanted to come back KNOWING that Orlando was going to be rebuilding. That's the epitome of loyal player.

EDUTEXANS
09-04-2012, 02:32 PM

Could you just explain why is that? Or you will just give your stupid opinion with no solid argument to back it up? Because, while a rebulding team resigning a veteran PG for 8 million a year and trying to trade him two months after, is self-explanatory, sign two young guys coming off their second year in the league with crazy potential is not.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 02:38 PM
Could you just explain why is that? Or you will just give your stupid opinion with no solid argument to back it up? Because, while a rebulding team resigning a veteran PG for 8 million a year and trying to trade him two months after, is self-explanatory, sign two young guys coming off their second year in the league with crazy potential is not.

Asik and Lin are unproven,Asik was a backup who played limited minutes in Chicago and has no offensive game whatsoever.Lin started 25games and started to slow down in the end.Chalmers took his lunch money in the last game he played vs Miami.Would like to see what Lin can do a full 82 game season.

So both are unproven and not deserving off the money they made.They could prove me wrong but I just don't see them living up to their contract.

EDUTEXANS
09-04-2012, 02:59 PM
Asik and Lin are unproven,Asik was a backup who played limited minutes in Chicago and has no offensive game whatsoever.Lin started 25games and started to slow down in the end.Chalmers took his lunch money in the last game he played vs Miami.Would like to see what Lin can do a full 82 game season.

So both are unproven and not deserving off the money they made.They could prove me wrong but I just don't see them living up to their contract.

Who actually deserved the money they got this ofseason? Lin has all-star potential, he had a 20 PER in his 35 games last season, and he just turned 24. I think he does deserve his contract, I'm happier with him getting a 25 million/3 year than Dragic getting a 35-40 million/4 year contract. Asik has the potential to be a top-3 defensive center, he has yet to prove he can stay on the floor for starting minutes but, again, 8 million is a small price to pay for what he can offer back. Even paying 16 million for those two, we can still offer a max contract next season or the following season, so I don't see how these two contracts are so bad. And don't forget, both were restricted FAs, and we got them for absolutely nothing.

D12 fan
09-04-2012, 03:12 PM
^We will see,this is what makes the NBA fun to watch.

Showtime Steve
09-04-2012, 04:39 PM

What makes my opinion stupid? Did i call you out your name? Lets not get tough and disrepectful over the internet. Asik has crazy potential?? Lin may make money in marketing for you guys. But mario chalmers put lin on L's. Its fairly easy to shine when no one knows you or has much footage to go by. As his style of play became recognized, he was able to be stopped. Now that they have stopped his plan A, can he develop B and C? Not saying he wont although i doubt he will. If they were looking for players with potential, they DEF could have done better than asik and lin for 50 mil.

imagesrdecievin
09-04-2012, 06:50 PM
Because the city, fans, front office and team all love him. He wanted to come back KNOWING that Orlando was going to be rebuilding. That's the epitome of loyal player.

I don't care how much of a fan favorite he is - that contract is pretty dang bad.

Something tells me the contract has more to do with his loyalty then anything else. Where else could he have gotten that money? Didn't he opt-out in order to get more dollars? How loyal is that?

dee279
09-04-2012, 07:06 PM
lmao this made me spit out my juice

what they gonna trade nelson for some d league players and 2 round draft picks ?

I would

dee279
09-04-2012, 07:14 PM

Lin might have tons of crazy potential but i dont see it in Asik. He is not real athletic, he has no offensive game, cNt shoot, not real quick.... So where does the potential come in at? Just wondering. He seems pretty average to me IMO.

EDUTEXANS
09-05-2012, 09:31 AM
What makes my opinion stupid? Did i call you out your name? Lets not get tough and disrepectful over the internet. Asik has crazy potential?? Lin may make money in marketing for you guys. But mario chalmers put lin on L's. Its fairly easy to shine when no one knows you or has much footage to go by. As his style of play became recognized, he was able to be stopped. Now that they have stopped his plan A, can he develop B and C? Not saying he wont although i doubt he will. If they were looking for players with potential, they DEF could have done better than asik and lin for 50 mil.
OK so you're basically saying he isn't worth his contract because of one game? One game against the best team in the league with a good defensive PG? The guy came from nowhere averaging 20 and 8 a game, who knows where the Knicks could have gone if he hadn't got injuried. And again, in the worst scenario IMO both Lin and Asik will be good role players, Asik will be a good defensive stopper and Lin will be an average PG, and we still we will have two lottery draft picks and tons of cap space. i don't see how their contracts are so bad. And what made your first opinion stupid is that you just said something very debatable with no argument to back it up. Now I respect it, I still don't agree but i respect it.

Lin might have tons of crazy potential but i dont see it in Asik. He is not real athletic, he has no offensive game, cNt shoot, not real quick.... So where does the potential come in at? Just wondering. He seems pretty average to me IMO.
It's called defense. Again, he needs to prove a lot, if he can stay on the floot without foul trouble and put the numbers he had in his 15 minutes off bench into starting minutes. I think he can and he will, he can be a top-5 defensive center for sure IMO. He won't put huge numbers offesvely as we don't even need, asctually. With Motiejunas probably playing the most PF the season after next, what we need at center is defense, and he can provide an elite one.

rapjuicer06
09-05-2012, 09:51 AM
I don't care how much of a fan favorite he is - that contract is pretty dang bad.

Something tells me the contract has more to do with his loyalty then anything else. Where else could he have gotten that money? Didn't he opt-out in order to get more dollars? How loyal is that?

No, he did not opt out to get more money. You just said yourself no one would have paid him that kind of money. He opted out so he wouldn't be involved in the Dwight trade