PDA

View Full Version : Bring Back Terry Francona !

trentman1155
09-03-2012, 12:17 AM
Please of you agree with me post a reply and see how much really red sox nation cares about our old friend !

Celts22
09-03-2012, 12:29 AM
Doubt he even wants to come back especially after the smear campaign Lucchino ran...

EEasyA
09-03-2012, 01:14 AM
Enough of this.Even on Weei people say this and i call them out on it.Please mods lock this up.Tito is not coming back.Why dont people realize this.

I swear Tito has a lot of FanBoys.iF He was such a great manager why Players undercut him Ortiz and even his so called friend Pedoria.What's next Bring wake or Trot Nixon to be our Manager.Boy Im a glad fans don't run A Baseball team.

EEasyA
09-03-2012, 01:16 AM
Why The eff would Tito come back after the smear campaign put on him.This is why i respect posters like AI and Bags.They don't make threads that make no sense.Anyone clear thinking person realizes that tito will never come back.No offense to anyone but im tired of hearing bring tito back,bring wake up.This things will never happen.

Pavelb1
09-03-2012, 01:54 AM
Enough of this.Even on Weei people say this and i call them out on it.Please mods lock this up.Tito is not coming back.Why dont people realize this.

I swear Tito has a lot of FanBoys.iF He was such a great manager why Players undercut him Ortiz and even his so called friend Pedoria.What's next Bring wake or Trot Nixon to be our Manager.Boy Im a glad fans don't run A Baseball team.

They do. It's why the team is in the shape it is.

EEasyA
09-03-2012, 02:14 AM
True that Pave.I forgot they carter to all the pink hats and worry about selling bricks.I be honest now i understand why you people call them pink hats.I see some wearing their red sox jersey.I bet you their cant name 10 players off our current team or players from the past.

Also more to your point,the ownership as a group idolize our players and worship them.Players like ortiz,pedey etc.it make me sick.I hope they ship them all out and for ownership to sell this team.

tonyd3b54
09-03-2012, 02:27 AM
Please go away!

EEasyA
09-03-2012, 03:33 AM
Please go away!

Who are you referring too?

bagwell368
09-03-2012, 05:19 AM
Dump LL, get new owners....

Then maybe

Back to the real world: no

tonyd3b54
09-03-2012, 05:46 AM
thread maker and all people who think like this.

EEasyA
09-03-2012, 08:51 AM
Lol tony

Towelie
09-03-2012, 04:16 PM
No thanks. He wasn't that great either.

Pavelb1
09-03-2012, 04:37 PM
No thanks. He wasn't that great either.

Yeah what'd that guy ever do? ****...Bobby Valentine could probably win a couple of world series with this organization!

09-03-2012, 04:45 PM
If George was still alive he would fire Girardi after this season and hire Francona.

Towelie
09-03-2012, 04:50 PM
Yeah what'd that guy ever do? ****...Bobby Valentine could probably win a couple of world series with this organization!

Managers don't win or lose championships. How many wins do you actually think a manager is responsible for? Tito made plenty of mistakes and last I checked he was very much apart of september fall out as well. Remember Lavarnway batting 5th in the most important game of the year? Yea, I do.

GrkGawdofWalkz
09-03-2012, 05:23 PM
Managers don't win or lose championships. How many wins do you actually think a manager is responsible for? Tito made plenty of mistakes and last I checked he was very much apart of september fall out as well. Remember Lavarnway batting 5th in the most important game of the year? Yea, I do.

Do you recall the injuries? I mean I'm not going to battle on a solid point but last year was a disaster in September with the meat of the line up out or not producing. (See @BigPapi34)

Pavelb1
09-03-2012, 05:40 PM

1 month> 8 years.

Towelie
09-03-2012, 08:43 PM
1 month> 8 years.

Same team same results. Doesn't matter. You could have handed someone the 07 and 04 and chances are the results would have been the same. Managers are over-rated to the value of a team.

Towelie
09-03-2012, 08:48 PM
Do you recall the injuries? I mean I'm not going to battle on a solid point but last year was a disaster in September with the meat of the line up out or not producing. (See @BigPapi34)

Yes, but no way you put lavarnway in the 5th spot. You have Aviles, Crawford, Drew, and Scutaro all being hit after him. No excuses for that lineup.

bagwell368
09-03-2012, 09:42 PM
Yes, but no way you put lavarnway in the 5th spot. You have Aviles, Crawford, Drew, and Scutaro all being hit after him. No excuses for that lineup.

Never heard of a hunch? Managers play them all the time.

On top of that, Lavarnway was 2 for 4 with 2 HR's the game before. The team was imploding. Under normal circumstances it's not a move that is made. That game and that month were far from normal.

I can't believe you are touting Drew or Crawford instead. Talk about no-ops.

If Lavarnway went 1 for 5 with a HR and they won, him and TF would have been heroes.

Towelie
09-03-2012, 09:58 PM
Never heard of a hunch? Managers play them all the time.

On top of that, Lavarnway was 2 for 4 with 2 HR's the game before. The team was imploding. Under normal circumstances it's not a move that is made. That game and that month were far from normal.

I can't believe you are touting Drew or Crawford instead. Talk about no-ops.

If Lavarnway went 1 for 5 with a HR and they won, him and TF would have been heroes.

If anyone went 1+ with a HR we would have won it. The fact is when the season is on the line you don't bat a rookie to protect Agon. How is anyone defending this move at all? I can go back and see everyone else with a blown mind that he was hitting 5th. I would have had Jacoby or even Pedroia there with Marco 2nd. To me it doesn't make sense.

You can talk about "Well if this happened, and this happened then blah" It didn't happen so the point is moot. Team was imploding due to pitching, not so much hitting. One game before he was 2-4 but guess what? Those were his only two hits in the month! 2-16 and hit him 5th. Come on, no excuses for this.

Say what you want about Drew, and Crawford both had at least a hit and didn't have 9 yes 9 LOB!

Also Agon walks 3 times in that game! You think that having Lavarnway hitting in from of him had something to do with that? Oh, yea it did CAUSE ALL WERE INTENTIONAL!!!! IBB: Gonzalez, Ad (by Simon), Gonzalez, Ad (by Patton), Gonzalez, Ad (by Johnson, J). Please defend this more.

Pavelb1
09-03-2012, 10:46 PM
You're right about Lavarnway and wrong about managers....or at least wrong about "the FO". Ben/Bobby were handed to keys to a 90 win team and turned them into a 70 win team with the worst to come. (see the thread Q I'm about to post)

Towelie
09-03-2012, 10:59 PM
You're right about Lavarnway and wrong about managers....or at least wrong about "the FO". Ben/Bobby were handed to keys to a 90 win team and turned them into a 70 win team with the worst to come. (see the thread Q I'm about to post)

Setting a record for DL stints is very hard. At least Tito had a decent team in Sept, Bobby V has nothing. I agree he needs to go but he's hardly to blame for this season.

Pavelb1
09-03-2012, 11:42 PM
Setting a record for DL stints is very hard. At least Tito had a decent team in Sept, Bobby V has nothing. I agree he needs to go but he's hardly to blame for this season.

Very true. Bad trades, bad managing, bad luck, and injuries have all contributed to this death malaise over the team.

Towelie
09-04-2012, 10:00 AM
Very true. Bad trades, bad managing, bad luck, and injuries have all contributed to this death malaise over the team.

Thats what I mean. I'm not defending Bobby V because I want him gone too. But he's becoming the biggest target when in reality nobody is saving this current team. We're a mess, Bobby V has zero impact due to the product on the field. I think he doesn't give a **** cause really he knows after this season he's done.

ruckus16969
09-04-2012, 11:36 AM
I'd love Tito back

bagwell368
09-04-2012, 11:48 AM
If anyone went 1+ with a HR we would have won it. The fact is when the season is on the line you don't bat a rookie to protect Agon. How is anyone defending this move at all? I can go back and see everyone else with a blown mind that he was hitting 5th.

How many of them knew he hit 2 HR's the game before, or
was hitting: .265/.342/.500 as of game time that day? Did you?

To me it doesn't make sense.

I wasn't overwhelmingly in favor of it - but considering the options I understand why TF (the only Manager to be 8-0 in his appearances in the WS) choose to do it.

You can talk about "Well if this happened, and this happened then blah" It didn't happen so the point is moot.

You seem to want to coalesce the entire season on this choice - damn right I can project what would have happened w/ Lavarnway - makes more sense that what you are doing.

Team was imploding due to pitching, not so much hitting. One game before he was 2-4 but guess what? Those were his only two hits in the month! 2-16 and hit him 5th. Come on, no excuses for this.

No excuses needed. .265/.342/.500 as of game time.

Say what you want about Drew, and Crawford both had at least a hit and didn't have 9 yes 9 LOB!

Drew was:

.146/.250/.195 in July
---/---/--- in August
and 2 for 11 w/ no xBH, no BB's in his 3 games in September leading up to that game.

Yeah great frickin' choice. Did you even bother to look him up? and if so, did you think it wise to list him as an actual choice? Or just going with sheer numbers to amp up your argument?

Also Agon walks 3 times in that game! You think that having Lavarnway hitting in from of him had something to do with that?

Oh, so now Lavarnway hit in front of Agon? Take a breath before you hurt yourself.

DaaBoTownSox
09-04-2012, 01:04 PM
Please of you agree with me post a reply and see how much really red sox nation cares about our old friend !

Ken Rosenthal agrees with you.

Nomar
09-04-2012, 03:01 PM
This thread coming from the department of redundancy department.

Towelie
09-04-2012, 06:26 PM
How many of them knew he hit 2 HR's the game before, or
was hitting: .265/.342/.500 as of game time that day? Did you?

sample size. So very small that these numbers are nothing to be impressed by.

I wasn't overwhelmingly in favor of it - but considering the options I understand why TF (the only Manager to be 8-0 in his appearances in the WS) choose to do it.

You seem to want to coalesce the entire season on this choice - damn right I can project what would have happened w/ Lavarnway - makes more sense that what you are doing.

No excuses needed. .265/.342/.500 as of game time.

Sample size again these numbers mean nothing when in Sept you are 2-16 with both hits coming in one game.

Drew was:

.146/.250/.195 in July
---/---/--- in August
and 2 for 11 w/ no xBH, no BB's in his 3 games in September leading up to that game.

Yeah great frickin' choice. Did you even bother to look him up? and if so, did you think it wise to list him as an actual choice? Or just going with sheer numbers to amp up your argument?

Injuries did in Drew, still was 4/15 in September. Still just ignore Marco clearly being the better option perhaps putting him in the 2nd stop with Peddy hitting 5th.

Oh, so now Lavarnway hit in front of Agon? Take a breath before you hurt yourself.

Sorry I mis typed where he hit but that defeats the arguement that Agon was walked almost every time to face Lav. 9 LOB, 9. How can you even come close to defending this. You even admit you weren't a fan but cause 2 other people weren't the better option in your opinion even though Marco clearly was the better option he only had a 1.019 OPS in Sept. But again options like him weren't better.

The manster
09-04-2012, 06:58 PM

Your 100% correct, we had injuries and setbacks but we had a good team in place. I didn't expect our pitching to be as poor as it was but we never worked through any adversity. A big reflection of Bobby V. and not having this team. I think he was an unpopular pick with the players and he lost this team after his comments about Youk along with his eventual trade.

I would love Tito back, that's if he would come back. I also would love to see him take Varitek and make him bench coach.

bagwell368
09-04-2012, 07:34 PM
Waste of effort - TF isn't coming back. Do you have a career? So your organization says your contract is over, and then publicly spreads your medical/mental issues all over the place - and then wants you back a year later?

Tek is one of the "guys", until the clubhouse is clear of guys he played with, and he gets experience managing in the minors, and he decides to put his baseball managing career ahead of his personal life - then maybe - until then it's an unworkably naive idea.

bagwell368
09-04-2012, 07:49 PM
sample size. So very small that these numbers are nothing to be impressed by.

You mean like Drew's 11 PA's after July 19th? Yet you thought for the sake of your argument it was good enough.

Injuries did in Drew, still was 4/15 in September. Still just ignore Marco clearly being the better option perhaps putting him in the 2nd stop with Peddy hitting 5th.

So sorry - wrong. Drew was 3 for 11. The final 1 for 4 occurred in that very game, you can't possibly think it's correct to count that.

I didn't clearly ignore Marco or Pedroia. As a big fan of Lavarnway I remember being concerned with him in the 5 hole but figured so many of the Sox had failed in that season and in that September, what the hell - maybe he'll catch lightening in a bottle.

He did not, and it doesn't remotely take away from him as a Manager. Nada. Zilch. If that's what you have, you have nothing.

You even admit you weren't a fan but cause 2 other people weren't the better option in your opinion even though Marco clearly was the better option he only had a 1.019 OPS in Sept. But again options like him weren't better.

Asked and answered. How can you spend so much time railing against one decision. What if the Sox won that game, were they going to win the WS? Were they going to win the WS with TF as Manager this year either?

I didn't say I hated his choice, I just didn't think it was slam dunk genius either. He played a hunch. He lost. Ever play blackjack for money? What do you do with a "15"? draw or stick? Do you do the same thing every time?

If Francona batted Lavarnway 5th for the entire month of September and he hit .240/.290/.340 - then there would be a real reason to be upset.

It's errata at this point. I'm more concerned about Lavarnway going forward by a factor of 75, then this.

The manster
09-05-2012, 10:42 AM
Waste of effort - TF isn't coming back. Do you have a career? So your organization says your contract is over, and then publicly spreads your medical/mental issues all over the place - and then wants you back a year later?

Tek is one of the "guys", until the clubhouse is clear of guys he played with, and he gets experience managing in the minors, and he decides to put his baseball managing career ahead of his personal life - then maybe - until then it's an unworkably naive idea.

Sorry Bags, Now I remember why I don't post here anymore. I know who they should hire, YOU! Guys like you kill me with your Big Strong opinions, no one else is ever right or free to post without being critiqued by some A-Hole that has nothing better to do in life then bash other people opinions and accumulate thousands of posts a year that mean absolutely NOTHING.

Now Mr. Front office of the redsox, and Big Mod, Ban Me for stating my opinion of you.

The manster
09-05-2012, 10:50 AM
NEWSFLASH:

Don't anyone express any opinion in this forum, that is not what this on is intended for. Everyone just needs to sit back and listen to the wisdom of the few Great Ones that are always right on the money.

Read their posts and be nurtured!

StryderSox
09-05-2012, 11:06 AM
NEWSFLASH:

Don't anyone express any opinion in this forum, that is not what this on is intended for. Everyone just needs to sit back and listen to the wisdom of the few Great Ones that are always right on the money.

Read their posts and be nurtured!

You know whats worse than having you opinion criticized???? Getting butt hurt over what someone said to you on the internet. You say guys like Bags dont have anything better to do than criticize other peoples opinion but you couldnt find anything better to do than write a rant about it? :rolleyes:

Everyone has their opinion and the right to defend it. Dont get so offended because someone doesnt agree with you and chooses to argue their point of view. Thats kind of the point of a sports fourm.

Pavelb1
09-05-2012, 11:50 AM
Sorry Bags, Now I remember why I don't post here anymore. I know who they should hire, YOU! Guys like you kill me with your Big Strong opinions, no one else is ever right or free to post without being critiqued by some A-Hole that has nothing better to do in life then bash other people opinions and accumulate thousands of posts a year that mean absolutely NOTHING.

Now Mr. Front office of the redsox, and Big Mod, Ban Me for stating my opinion of you.

Pretty sure Bags isn't a mod.

The manster
09-05-2012, 01:52 PM
Pretty sure Bags isn't a mod.

Another a-hole kisser! Not u the gem above!

Crucis
09-05-2012, 02:00 PM

bagwell368
09-05-2012, 02:05 PM
Hardy har har....

Feel free to express whatever you like, I'll feel free to do the same - sorry if my experience and ability to write are sufficient enough that they are paid attention too - while others are ignored or used as speed bag practice.

StryderSox
09-05-2012, 04:38 PM
Can we close this now??? I mean even Taylor Swift knows that Tito and the Sox are never ever getting back together......

Like ever

The manster
09-05-2012, 06:15 PM
You know whats worse than having you opinion criticized???? Getting butt hurt over what someone said to you on the internet. You say guys like Bags dont have anything better to do than criticize other peoples opinion but you couldnt find anything better to do than write a rant about it? :rolleyes:

Everyone has their opinion and the right to defend it. Dont get so offended because someone doesnt agree with you and chooses to argue their point of view. Thats kind of the point of a sports fourm.

First of all, don't mistake anger and pure frustration for hurt or pain. I posted in this forum when I first joined and this was the bull sh-- I watched and dealt with. There are guys like Bags that try and crush anything they don't agree with.

Instead of posting something that disagreed with my opinion, He has to bash it and express his opinion in total disgust.

I read threads and posts in here everyday that people post and I don't agree with or sound absolutely rediculous to me, but I don't insult them. I may agree to disagree but I act civilized. That my friend is the point of a sports forum, not to insult someone because you opinions differ.

The manster
09-05-2012, 06:19 PM
Hardy har har....

Feel free to express whatever you like, I'll feel free to do the same - sorry if my experience and ability to write are sufficient enough that they are paid attention too - while others are ignored or used as speed bag practice.

Don't flatter yourself, I find you completely annoying. Anyone who has 5000 plus posts a year can't have much skill or much of a life!!!

Some people use these forums for what they are intended, and not make it takeover their entire boring life.

The manster
09-05-2012, 06:51 PM
Ya know what, I'll apologize! I should not call anyone out. The thing about it is you just can't go insulting or belittling people and their opinions just because they're different from your own.

SirHizz
09-05-2012, 07:28 PM
Can we close this now??? I mean even Taylor Swift knows that Tito and the Sox are never ever getting back together......

Like ever

No, neither we nor Tayler Swift knows that. Tito coming back wouldn't be the most surprising (sports) thing I've ever seen. It wouldn't even be the most surprising thing this year.

Personally, I don't like absolute statements/predicitions. No matter how "experienced" or what else someone is. If someone told ANYONE in here one day (!) before the "blockbuster" happened that we'd be able to trade Beckett, Gonzalez and Crawford for prospects while the opposing team would take on 95% of their contracts, nobody would and could have believed it, NOBODY.
We would have told him to lay down the ps3-controller.

That's why we have to remember that opinions are...opinions, sometimes no opinion is better than the other.
So, Francona coming back...I don't believe it, but I wouldn't rule it out. You just can't...

bagwell368
09-05-2012, 07:28 PM
First of all, don't mistake anger and pure frustration for hurt or pain. I posted in this forum when I first joined and this was the bull sh-- I watched and dealt with. There are guys like Bags that try and crush anything they don't agree with.

Instead of posting something that disagreed with my opinion, He has to bash it and express his opinion in total disgust.

I read threads and posts in here everyday that people post and I don't agree with or sound absolutely rediculous to me, but I don't insult them. I may agree to disagree but I act civilized. That my friend is the point of a sports forum, not to insult someone because you opinions differ.

I don't have time to crush all the things I don't like - just the most ridiculous (note the proper spelling).

bagwell368
09-05-2012, 07:39 PM
Ya know what, I'll apologize! I should not call anyone out. The thing about it is you just can't go insulting or belittling people and their opinions just because they're different from your own.

As long as I follow the rules I can do what I like.

TF coming back is a cute, nice, naive idea. You are not the only person with your opinion, but you are the only one to take it seriously enough to crank post after post about how violated you feel and what a big meanie I am.

I'm about ideas, and don't really give a fig about the other stuff. I'll leave that to Emily Post.

Back to the thread - it isn't happening and that's not an opinion but a fact.

JPBoston
09-05-2012, 07:46 PM
I can't believe a thread with this topic is 4 pages long....

bagwell368
09-05-2012, 09:03 PM
^

In post #44 you wrote:

"Ya know what, I'll apologize! I should not call anyone out."

Not a man of your word? Maybe someone will tell you why I'm here a lot - or not. Maybe then you'll stick to the topic instead of wasting time on this avoiding the fact that your arguments about getting TF back don't seem to be able to stand up to one simple short post I made about them.

Do please get back on topic.

GoldDustTwin
09-05-2012, 09:19 PM
I can't believe a thread with this topic is 4 pages long....

In fairness to your credulity, almost all of page 4 has been the "handbags at five paces" stuff above.

Crucis
09-05-2012, 09:38 PM

Stop being such a wuss.

Crucis
09-05-2012, 09:40 PM
Your right, continue your pace of 5000 posts a year, I'll continue to enjoy life and not associate with someone who LIVES in a forum. Your definitely an overachiever.

There's no talking to a dick like you, maybe if you ever crawl out from your parents basement and put away your acne cream, you'll see there's life away from your computer.

Manster, you're clueless. Bags is a retired ex-baseball coach, IIRC, not some basement dwelling loser.

Nomar
09-05-2012, 11:40 PM
There isnt a person (at least regular) here in these forums who comes here just to start **** with people, i can guarantee you that.

The manster
09-06-2012, 07:38 AM
Manster, you're clueless. Bags is a retired ex-baseball coach, IIRC, not some basement dwelling loser.

Well I'm impressed!!! Keep kissin his pooter.

Yeah, he's an ex baseball coach, that must be where he gets his charming personality. Reminds me a little of Bobby V.

The manster
09-06-2012, 07:49 AM
^

In post #44 you wrote:

"Ya know what, I'll apologize! I should not call anyone out."

Not a man of your word? Maybe someone will tell you why I'm here a lot - or not. Maybe then you'll stick to the topic instead of wasting time on this avoiding the fact that your arguments about getting TF back don't seem to be able to stand up to one simple short post I made about them.

Do please get back on topic.

I would have left it alone Bags, but after I posted the apology you came back throwing knives.

bagwell368
09-06-2012, 08:41 AM
I would have left it alone Bags, but after I posted the apology you came back throwing knives.

#46 and #47 were knives? Oh dear. I guess that 'boys board you hang out in must be very mild indeed.

TF isn't coming back. BV won't manage here in 2013.

Do you have any points to make in this thread. You know, logic, cause and effect, etc. along the lines of content? Hope so.

Bos_Sports4Life
09-06-2012, 10:50 AM
I think Francona COULD come eventually..
Just won't be under the current management...

But next yr? Forget about it!

1. The Red sox would be admitting they screwed up, something they have a hard time doing.
2. The red sox had a smear campaign against francona and thats happened just recently

He's a 2x champ and had a lot of success in a big market, He's proven he can get the most out of most players (Manny). He'll be able to find a job somewhere, Why would he pick Boston? Thats even IF Boston wanted him back (in which they won't for reasons stated).

I feel like they need a new voice, a guy that will demand respect and do it in a respectful manner. A guy with a clean slate would also be nice (which means no TF).

I Appreciate francona for what he did as he guided the team to 2 seperate WS titles and was a game within of a 3rd WS appearence. I think EVERY Redsox fan should feel the same way. It's just time to move on..

bagwell368
09-06-2012, 11:55 AM
I think Francona COULD come eventually..
Just won't be under the current management...

But next yr? Forget about it!

1. The Red sox would be admitting they screwed up, something they have a hard time doing.
2. The red sox had a smear campaign against francona and thats happened just recently

He's a 2x champ and had a lot of success in a big market, He's proven he can get the most out of most players (Manny). He'll be able to find a job somewhere, Why would he pick Boston? Thats even IF Boston wanted him back (in which they won't for reasons stated).

I feel like they need a new voice, a guy that will demand respect and do it in a respectful manner. A guy with a clean slate would also be nice (which means no TF).

I Appreciate francona for what he did as he guided the team to 2 seperate WS titles and was a game within of a 3rd WS appearence. I think EVERY Redsox fan should feel the same way. It's just time to move on..

All reasonable.

Add to that TF has heart and blood pressure issues, and has for years - I just don't see him doing it long enough to be available after a sale of the team.

StryderSox
09-06-2012, 12:09 PM
All reasonable.

Add to that TF has heart and blood pressure issues, and has for years - I just don't see him doing it long enough to be available after a sale of the team.

Not mention why would he want to come back????

If my employer made the issues in my personal life public knowledge and then pretty much used me as a scapegoat for anything and everything that is going wrong in their world and then a year later came crawling back for help I would be telling them that its more fun to watch them crash and burn.

bagwell368
09-06-2012, 12:27 PM
Not mention why would he want to come back????

If my employer made the issues in my personal life public knowledge and then pretty much used me as a scapegoat for anything and everything that is going wrong in their world and then a year later came crawling back for help I would be telling them that its more fun to watch them crash and burn.

I think that was the premise. Certainly LL gone, and perhaps even the entire ownership as well.

Whatever. Not happening.

Crucis
09-06-2012, 12:58 PM
Well I'm impressed!!! Keep kissin his pooter.

Yeah, he's an ex baseball coach, that must be where he gets his charming personality. Reminds me a little of Bobby V.

Manster, you call it arse kissing. I call it a case of me liking Bags. I like his use of stats. I like his debate style. I don't mind one bit that he challenges people to defend their positions. You, OTOH, seem to want to wade in the kiddie pool where the PC police prevent any sort of aggressive discourse.

Why don't you go look for a Red Sox forum for kids? I'm sure that that would be more your speed.

StryderSox
09-06-2012, 01:10 PM
I think that was the premise. Certainly LL gone, and perhaps even the entire ownership as well.

Whatever. Not happening.

Is righting this ship enough of a challenge to possibly lure Tony Larussa out of retirement or do you think he would have no interest in Boston due to all the negative media lately?

bagwell368
09-06-2012, 02:33 PM
Is righting this ship enough of a challenge to possibly lure Tony Larussa out of retirement or do you think he would have no interest in Boston due to all the negative media lately?

Larussa made it 100% clear two days ago that he's done managing.

He held open hope for the "right" sort of FO job.

He's an old man, he seems like he was really burnt out a couple of years back. I think the ship sailed. Now if he'll give his name to the masthead for $250k a year and a little bit of work, maybe it's a good thing. Dunno, I'll leave PR to the experts.

Nomar
09-06-2012, 02:36 PM
Hiring another really popular manager would be a mistake IMO. John Farrell is one exemption because people already love him in Boston, but besides that its better to go with a new, non-controversial figure.

StryderSox
09-06-2012, 03:56 PM
Hiring another really popular manager would be a mistake IMO. John Farrell is one exemption because people already love him in Boston, but besides that its better to go with a new, non-controversial figure.

I am with you here. I personally still like Dave Martinez or Mike Maddux. I think Sandy Alomar could work if Martinez and Maddux arent available. I also had an interesting thought of Dave Roberts who I think is a base coach in the MLB but doubt he has enough coaching experience.

Nomar
09-06-2012, 04:45 PM
I am with you here. I personally still like Dave Martinez or Mike Maddux. I think Sandy Alomar could work if Martinez and Maddux arent available. I also had an interesting thought of Dave Roberts who I think is a base coach in the MLB but doubt he has enough coaching experience.

I also thought of Dave Roberts as a good fit a couple months ago. I like Trammel too.

The manster
09-06-2012, 06:45 PM
Manster, you call it arse kissing. I call it a case of me liking Bags. I like his use of stats. I like his debate style. I don't mind one bit that he challenges people to defend their positions. You, OTOH, seem to want to wade in the kiddie pool where the PC police prevent any sort of aggressive discourse.

Why don't you go look for a Red Sox forum for kids? I'm sure that that would be more your speed.

No Crucis, you are an arse kisser!! I never complained about stats or being challenged. It is somewhat offending when somenody considers your opinion moronic. This is what I took issue with, it has nothing to do with Bags knowledge of the game or anything of the sort, it was all tone and approach.

I stated before, if his opinion differed from mine I was fine. What gets my goat is when people post and try to insult someone and put them down.

I've been a sox fan probably before you were born, so don't give me the kiddie pool ********. I played the game into college, I understand the game very well.

The thing that bothers me is that this was going on in this forum when I signed up and I knew someone would take some shot at my post, if only for the fact that they were not familiar with me. Sure enough I was correct.

The idea of a forum is being able to express your opinion but you don't have to throw knives. Agree or disagree, be a damn adult and act like one and don't crush people.

bagwell368
09-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Read post #32 again. It's not a personal attack - it's a couple of questions followed by an evaluation of an idea - not you. It's your issue if you can't find a way to defend your ideas, and decide to pollute this thread with complaints that nobody here but you cares about.

Wah wah....

Crucis
09-06-2012, 08:55 PM
No Crucis, you are an arse kisser!! I never complained about stats or being challenged. It is somewhat offending when somenody considers your opinion moronic. This is what I took issue with, it has nothing to do with Bags knowledge of the game or anything of the sort, it was all tone and approach.

I stated before, if his opinion differed from mine I was fine. What gets my goat is when people post and try to insult someone and put them down.

I've been a sox fan probably before you were born, so don't give me the kiddie pool ********. I played the game into college, I understand the game very well.

The thing that bothers me is that this was going on in this forum when I signed up and I knew someone would take some shot at my post, if only for the fact that they were not familiar with me. Sure enough I was correct.

The idea of a forum is being able to express your opinion but you don't have to throw knives. Agree or disagree, be a damn adult and act like one and don't crush people.

Chances are that I'm actualluy older than you, rather than the other way around. And as far as I'm concerned, you're just a darned wuss. What you call acting like an adult, I call being a PC brain-washed wuss. Grow a pair and grow up!!!

Nomar
09-06-2012, 09:39 PM
This is getting annoying seriously stay on topic. Idk why someone finds it necessary to come here and cry for 48 hours.

GoldDustTwin
09-06-2012, 11:30 PM
This is getting annoying seriously stay on topic. Idk why someone finds it necessary to come here and cry for 48 hours.

Or why people feel compelled to explain why they aren't being jerks to the kid who's crying.........and then tell the kid who's crying why he needs to grow up...........and then contextualizing, re-contextualizing and clarifying remarks made 2 days ago.

Are you not entertained??

Nomar
09-06-2012, 11:58 PM
Or why people feel compelled to explain why they aren't being jerks to the kid who's crying.........and then tell the kid who's crying why he needs to grow up...........and then contextualizing, re-contextualizing and clarifying remarks made 2 days ago.

Are you not entertained??

Well when you put it like that it sounds like a Scorcese film...

todu82
09-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Francona did an amazing job as our manager but this franchise has to move on and unfortunately that means Tito won't be coming back.