PDA

View Full Version : Howard takes out full page ad in Orlando newspaper

spreadeagle
09-02-2012, 04:02 PM
Too little too late perhaps

Dwight Howard took out a full-page ad in Sunday's edition of the Orlando Sentinel three weeks after being traded by the Magic to the Los Angeles Lakers.

"To play the game of basketball in the NBA is a blessing and to have had the opportunity to play before the Orlando fans for eight years was truly a privilege and an honor," Howard wrote in the ad.

"Words cannot express the love that I have for Orlando. With your support we have done great things in this city from hanging banners to impacting our youth."

Howard is seen in the ad in several photographs with fans and at charity events.

"Although my career with the Magic has come to a close, my love for the city and the people that make it beautiful will never end," wrote Howard.

When Howard opted into his contract with the Magic for the 12-13 season back in March, he expressed his love for the city of Orlando.

"My soul and everything I have is in Orlando," Howard told ******'s Jarrod Rudolph. "I just can't leave it behind..

"The fans deserve a better hero and I will make that happen. I love and appreciate my fans and this city."

A lot of players found new homes in the blockbuster trade, including Andrew Bynum, sent by the Lakers to the Philadelphia 76ers. The 76ers shipped Andre Iguodala to the Denver Nuggets.

The deal left Orlando with new additions in guard Arron Afflalo and forward Al Harrington from Denver, forward Moe Harkless and center Nikola Vucevic from Philadelphia, and forward Josh McRoberts and guard Christian Eyenga from the Lakers.

The Lakers got Howard, guard Chris Duhon and forward Earl Clark from Orlando. The Magic also traded guard Jason Richardson to Philadelphia.

The Magic also will get a second-round draft pick from Denver next year, a first-round pick from either Denver or New York in 2014, a conditional first-round pick from Philadelphia and a conditional second-round pick from the Lakers in 2015, and a conditional first-round pick from the Lakers in 2017. Orlando also will have a $17.8 million trade exception to use over the next year.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/story/_/id/8330573/los-angeles-lakers-dwight-howard-says-love-orlando-never-end-newspaper-advertisement

JNoel
09-02-2012, 04:07 PM
This is all BS, the real Magic fans won't believe this horsesht, I hope they boo his *** even more.

RC3
09-02-2012, 04:15 PM
"hanging banners" ? It sounds like he has left a championship legacy in Orlando even though it was only the division and eastern conference championship.

spreadeagle
09-02-2012, 04:17 PM
what does "The fans deserve a better hero and I will give them one" mean lol

JNoel
09-02-2012, 04:22 PM
what does "The fans deserve a better hero and I will give them one" mean lol

He seems to think he is still in Orlando even though he hasn't laid a foot anywhere near since he sustained an "injury". Lol he didn't even travel with the team when they made it to the playoffs. #showseveryonehowmuchhecares

cubfan23
09-02-2012, 04:24 PM
lol this guy is a joke...honestly the biggest POS in the game right now and whiner.

Jint.
09-02-2012, 04:25 PM
his agent is a good writer..

evadatam5150
09-02-2012, 04:33 PM
He seems to think he is still in Orlando even though he hasn't laid a foot anywhere near since he sustained an "injury". Lol he didn't even travel with the team when they made it to the playoffs. #showseveryonehowmuchhecares

This coming from a Heat fan is very very ironic, sad and complete BS... When you stop throwing rocks at glass houses you will understand why your sentiments concerning DH are a tad hypocritical. Just saying.. :D

JNoel
09-02-2012, 04:40 PM
This coming from a Heat fan is very very ironic, sad and complete BS... When you stop throwing rocks at glass houses you will understand why your sentiments concerning DH are a tad hypocritical. Just saying.. :D

I'm actually a big Magic fan too. Anyways with that aside, if your referring to me as a Heat fan being ironic because of Lebron, you ask most intelligent people other than Laker or Cavalier fans and they'll tell you that Dwight handled his situation much worse than Lebron did.

smith&wesson
09-02-2012, 04:48 PM
the guys trying to save whatever public image he has left.

whatever its a business and i doubt his desire to leave had anything to do with the actual city.

The goods
09-02-2012, 05:04 PM
It was a nice gesture, but I'm sure magic fans don't care about what he has to say nor should they, he best bet is to keep his head down and play ball.

Iron24th
09-02-2012, 05:10 PM
his agent is a good writer..

Lol!

+1

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-02-2012, 05:14 PM
This is all BS, the real Magic fans won't believe this horsesht, I hope they boo his *** even more.

Agree, he should have just done what LeBron did and done a 1 hr show on ESPN called "The Decision: The Sequel".

Oh, and reported for dodging the filter. ;)

Chronz
09-02-2012, 08:21 PM

Agree, he should have just done what LeBron did and done a 1 hr show on ESPN called "The Decision: The Sequel".

Yeah because Bron lacked the intelligence to write a thank you letter in the papers

JNoel
09-02-2012, 08:37 PM
Laker fans I'm guessing.

Oh and if Dwight would have gone anywhere else but LA or NY, he would get the hate LBJ got. Anyways I'll let the playing do the talking, so see you boys in June ;)

Sssmush
09-02-2012, 11:26 PM
I must say I am surprised and impressed that Orlando and DeVos haven't publicly trashed Dwight the way that Cleveland's owner trashed Lebron.

That shows class, and it is a good move for Dwight to reach out to them to put all the unpleasantness and misunderstanding behind them.

Orlando got a decent haul, plus some salary cap relief, and so everybody should feel good that they didn't lose Howard for nothing.

MoisesFTW
09-02-2012, 11:44 PM
:puke:he's still a bum

chrism8188
09-02-2012, 11:48 PM
lol at least he did something

fadedmario
09-02-2012, 11:59 PM
Yawn.

The NBA forum and the majority of the threads lately are played out and boring.

JNoel
09-03-2012, 12:02 AM
Yawn.

The NBA forum and the majority of the threads lately are played out and boring.

No kidding. I can't wait for the season to start.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-03-2012, 12:04 AM
Dwight did it for the llullz.

bucketss
09-03-2012, 01:22 AM

Snitch.

UPRock
09-03-2012, 01:44 AM
What a Hypocrite.

naps
09-03-2012, 02:07 AM
such a bum. Remember your words when you singed opt out last year? GTFO with these made up BS.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-03-2012, 02:59 AM
Snitch.

llullz I kid brah.

Confusious
09-03-2012, 03:15 AM
"I just can't leave it behind.."

Lol. I think that's what a trade does.

Stuckey#3
09-03-2012, 03:53 AM
The Orlando fanbase didn't want him anymore...

They overwhelmingly voted against keeping him in an Orlando Sentinel poll last year...

Honestly Dwight deserves better than the ungrateful fans of Orlando.

The dude is going to be a legend and they let him walk... just like Shaq. :pity:

Sadds The Gr8
09-03-2012, 04:04 AM
this hypocrite mocked Lebron. what a piece of **** he is.

TopsyTurvy
09-03-2012, 05:04 AM
I must say I am surprised and impressed that Orlando and DeVos haven't publicly trashed Dwight the way that Cleveland's owner trashed Lebron.

That shows class, and it is a good move for Dwight to reach out to them to put all the unpleasantness and misunderstanding behind them.

Huh? Gilbert was a moron. Give credit where it's due, not for an executive/front office that wasn't as idiotic as Gilbert... 9/10 execs would have kept their mouth closed. Gilbert was the exception, not the norm.

Dwight's immaturity and petty games damaged the brand, the team had to move on and did so. Dwight has done nothing buy sully his own prestige in the eyes of every organization in the league with the crap he pulled in Orlando. The whole situation is the same stinking pile of crap Lebron dropped, minus a massive troll on live television and a certain pre-championship ceremony...

No apology for SVG's firing, any squabbles with the staff, or any of his teammates he said "wouldn't play hard." The silence from Superman is more deafening than that from Orlando management.

Sssmush
09-03-2012, 07:11 PM
Huh? Gilbert was a moron. Give credit where it's due, not for an executive/front office that wasn't as idiotic as Gilbert... 9/10 execs would have kept their mouth closed. Gilbert was the exception, not the norm.

Dwight's immaturity and petty games damaged the brand, the team had to move on and did so. Dwight has done nothing buy sully his own prestige in the eyes of every organization in the league with the crap he pulled in Orlando. The whole situation is the same stinking pile of crap Lebron dropped, minus a massive troll on live television and a certain pre-championship ceremony...

No apology for SVG's firing, any squabbles with the staff, or any of his teammates he said "wouldn't play hard." The silence from Superman is more deafening than that from Orlando management.

He was pissed at Orlando, felt he was mistreated and misled, and didn't want to be there.

It took them 2 years to get that through their heads, man up, and trade him.

Anyway, Etcha-Sketch alert!!!

Get ready for Dwight to be the biggest superstar in the NBA for the next few years!! Get your dancin' shoes on, and I can assure you that this won't bother you two years from now at the NBA All Star game !!

itsbeefy11
09-03-2012, 07:23 PM
good on him. trying to repair a damaged image in the town that he made it in. not his fault the front office were a pack of a-holes

TopsyTurvy
09-03-2012, 07:35 PM
He was pissed at Orlando, felt he was mistreated and misled, and didn't want to be there.

It took them 2 years to get that through their heads, man up, and trade him.

Where are you getting this from? Alex Martins came into a crap position, spent most of the season trying to placate Dwight and yet was also earlier responsible for keeping the Magic in Orlando prior to being promoted. Bob Vander Weide, son in law to the owner DaVos, was the only one miscreant in the organization who "retired" last year under dubious circumstances.

The player's aren't the victim, especially when they are superstars and can essentially get anything they want.

StarvingKnick22
09-04-2012, 09:33 AM
did more than if not as much as Shaq.

todu82
09-04-2012, 09:46 AM
He said he enjoyed playing in Orlando. If you enjoyed it so much then why did you spend the past year or 2 whining about wanting to leave the team?

ChicagoJ
09-04-2012, 11:07 AM
I'll bet he didn't write the ad. It was probably ghost written and created by an agency.

RaiderLakersA's
09-04-2012, 11:47 AM
Maybe his family has been getting death threats and he's just trying to de-escalate the hate?

Jarvo
09-04-2012, 05:25 PM
Man **** this ***** son