PDA

View Full Version : Nets meeting with Andray Blatche

Chill_Will_24
09-01-2012, 11:53 PM
http://offthedribble.blogs.nytimes.com/2012/09/01/nets-show-interest-in-blatche/

Smart move or dumb one?

He is 26 and injury free. If NOBODY has offered him even the minimum there MUST be some red flags.

RC3
09-02-2012, 12:06 AM
It doesnt really matter. If he doesn't help the team, he will get cut.

IndyRealist
09-02-2012, 12:06 AM
So...lottery next year?

Eddy Curry and Andray Blatche would make the most numbskull frontcourt duo in the history of the NBA. Blatche has all the tools to be an all-star and game changer, but it's never going to happen because he thinks he's already there. Uncoachable.

Cal827
09-02-2012, 12:08 AM
I'm just in this thread waiting for DoMeFavors to give their analysis on him. :D

Time to see another Net thread go past 25 pages. Get your popcorn ready.

topdog
09-02-2012, 12:08 AM
Blatche has size and talent. At a non-guaranteed minimum contract where can you go wrong in seeing if he's matured even just a little?

BradHolt4CYoung
09-02-2012, 12:11 AM
He would be a nice player to have coming off the bench. Plus he's young.

The Nets are a veteran team with a veteran coach. They dont have any head cases on the team. Blatche would be the first. That's why I'm ok with bringing him on.

Chill_Will_24
09-02-2012, 12:12 AM
Blatche has size and talent. At a non-guaranteed minimum contract where can you go wrong in seeing if he's matured even just a little?

Thank you for an intelligent thoughtful response that stays on the topic and is not a weak attempt to derail yet another thread.

PSD has fallen so off in recent years

IndyRealist
09-02-2012, 12:14 AM

I wouldn't want to risk my lockerroom cohesion by bringing in a guy like Blatche, especially since Humphries and Lopez are both healthy. So the potential payoff is significantly less than the possible headaches. If someone goes down to injury midseason and a playoff run was on the line, I might consider it then.

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-02-2012, 12:14 AM
I think a change of scenery could help the guy. Avery is a very hands on coach and Blatche seems to have regret some of his past decisions. I don't think its a terrible idea if he was signed to the Nets. Worst case he provides some scoring off the bench.

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-02-2012, 12:16 AM
So...lottery next year?

Eddy Curry and Andray Blatche would make the most numbskull frontcourt duo in the history of the NBA. Blatche has all the tools to be an all-star and game changer, but it's never going to happen because he thinks he's already there. Uncoachable.

Neither are signed and neither would start? Not sure what you're trying to get at.

DoMeFavors
09-02-2012, 12:18 AM
Blatche was amnestied but he has 3 years left, so right now instead of being a free agent he should be in the league. So your looking at a very good player might be playing for the Nets for the vet min.

Blatche like it or not is one of the most skilled big men in the league.

If Nets get Blatche this puts them over the top no question, Vets will settle Blatche down.

bathroom_man
09-02-2012, 12:19 AM
humphries, wallace, lopez, johnson, williams

bench:

evans, watson, brooks, bogans, curry, greene, blatche

not bad at all. i think the nets will battle for 3rd seed with

new york, indiana, philly maybe chicago

IndyRealist
09-02-2012, 12:19 AM
Neither are signed and neither would start? Not sure what you're trying to get at.

That the Nets are looking at really, really bad players that could kill their lockerroom even if they never play a minute.

DoMeFavors
09-02-2012, 12:20 AM
Nets are a top 4 team in the league now OKC, Lakers, Miami, Nets in any order

bathroom_man
09-02-2012, 12:21 AM
Blatche was amnestied but he has 3 years left, so right now instead of being a free agent he should be in the league. So your looking at a very good player might be playing for the Nets for the vet min.

If Nets get Blatche this puts them over the top no question, Vets will settle Blatche down.

boston and miami is pooping in their panties right now. watch out

IndyRealist
09-02-2012, 12:22 AM

He's naturally gifted, I'm not sure he's skilled. He doesn't put the work in.

netsgiantsyanks
09-02-2012, 12:22 AM
in b4 30 pages of nonsense.

bathroom_man
09-02-2012, 12:23 AM

its nets first, then my lakers 2nd, then heat & then thunder

BradHolt4CYoung
09-02-2012, 12:23 AM
That the Nets are looking at really, really bad players that could kill their lockerroom even if they never play a minute.

Similar to how Eddy Curry was on the Heat last season. He was such a distraction. And his play off the bench really derailed the team.

bathroom_man
09-02-2012, 12:25 AM
blatche will be the next skilled big men. he will dethrone pau gasol. book it

IndyRealist
09-02-2012, 12:27 AM
Similar to how Eddy Curry was on the Heat last season. He was such a distraction. And his play off the bench really derailed the team.

I think your lockerroom is safe with Wade and Lebron. Is it the same with D-Will and Joe Johnson? Deron didn't exactly control his team in Utah.

topdog
09-02-2012, 12:29 AM
I wouldn't want to risk my lockerroom cohesion by bringing in a guy like Blatche, especially since Humphries and Lopez are both healthy. So the potential payoff is significantly less than the possible headaches. If someone goes down to injury midseason and a playoff run was on the line, I might consider it then.

What risk? The contract they may offer is rumored to be non-guaranteed - meaning that if he starts anything you cut him loose and lose nothing. I actually hope the Nets don't sign him because I want my Wolves to give him a chance.

netsgiantsyanks
09-02-2012, 12:34 AM
all the talent in the ****ing world but has the maturity of a 10 year old. :pity:

IndyRealist
09-02-2012, 12:40 AM
What risk? The contract they may offer is rumored to be non-guaranteed - meaning that if he starts anything you cut him loose and lose nothing. I actually hope the Nets don't sign him because I want my Wolves to give him a chance.

The risk is that he comes in, gives 10mpg and puts up points. Not within the team offense, not listening to the coach and not playing D. Will Avery be able to pull the plug on a player wrecking his lockerroom and undermining his authority, or will he be overridden by an exec who thinks that PPG is the best way to evaluate a player?

Don't get me wrong, I wish Andray the best, and I'd be glad to see him grow up and play like a man. But I see a dozen ways this could go sideways on them. The Wiz are paying him $27 million to go away because they wanted a lockerroom of professionals. What does that tell you?

netsgiantsyanks
09-02-2012, 12:43 AM
i mean, this is the same guy that was begging yi jianlian to let him get a triple double. :laugh2:

DoMeFavors
09-02-2012, 12:45 AM
Lol I love watching the hate, now that the Nets are getting Andray

j-bay
09-02-2012, 01:26 AM
wow nets fans..... i mean yeah blatche is OK, but the guy is a ballhog. All he cares about is himself. Thats how much of an ***hole this guy is. If your not going to listen to the fans of the other 28 teams, listen to a wizards fan. Trust me you guys will be booing this guy out of Brooklyn in 1-2 months.

Iron24th
09-02-2012, 01:34 AM
I hope for Nets fans that he cares about his shape now, cause last time I've seen him, he was a fat guy out of shape.

More-Than-Most
09-02-2012, 01:43 AM
This makes them the greatest team ever...90 wins or bust

More-Than-Most
09-02-2012, 01:45 AM
Lol I love watching the hate, now that the Nets are getting Andray

No other team is interested in him and he was let go by the wizards....The WIZARDS. Not sure how you are missing this. It has 0 to do with him being on the Nets but I love how when Players go to the Knicks/Nets they auto hit super star mode. Its like those Jerseys give super magical powers.

akesh99
09-02-2012, 01:47 AM
Would be a great pickup for them, they need a big off the bench. IMO Avery would whip him in to shape. Not to mention he'd be playing with some well seasoned vets so I'm sure his attitude would be in check. Best case- he instantly becomes one of the best bigs coming off the bench. Worst case- he acts up and gets cut almost immediately. A low risk, high reward situation if you ask me.

topdog
09-02-2012, 02:03 AM
The risk is that he comes in, gives 10mpg and puts up points. Not within the team offense, not listening to the coach and not playing D. Will Avery be able to pull the plug on a player wrecking his lockerroom and undermining his authority, or will he be overridden by an exec who thinks that PPG is the best way to evaluate a player?

Don't get me wrong, I wish Andray the best, and I'd be glad to see him grow up and play like a man. But I see a dozen ways this could go sideways on them. The Wiz are paying him $27 million to go away because they wanted a lockerroom of professionals. What does that tell you?

The Wiz have a ton of issues so I don't know that them paying him to go away should be taken as him being that bad. Realize that this was a team led by Gilbert Arenas master of "pranks" (including but not limited to: pooping in Blatche's shoe and bring guns to the arena). It was important for both the Wiz and Blatche that he move on.

The risk with Blatche is his maturity. The reward is much higher. This risk is highly moderated by the non-guaranteed nature of the contract and the assumption that management has sense enough to listen to their coach if he says the guy needs to be dropped. Michael Beasley gets 2nd and 3rd chances, why not Andray Blatche?

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-02-2012, 03:31 AM
No other team is interested in him and he was let go by the wizards....The WIZARDS. Not sure how you are missing this. It has 0 to do with him being on the Nets but I love how when Players go to the Knicks/Nets they auto hit super star mode. Its like those Jerseys give super magical powers.

Since when? Yeah maybe for the Knicks but one person on this entire site hypes up these bench guys, and its DMFs, but you categorize that as all Nets fans are over-hyping Blatche? Read the other Nets fans posts and actually get a reaction from them other than flock to DMFs posts.

Losoway
09-02-2012, 04:10 AM
wow this is coming from a brooklyn nets fan . ANDRE BLATCHE SUCKS .

the nets dont need this kind of headache.

Domefavors :facepalm:

EastNYLos
09-02-2012, 04:19 AM
Since when? Yeah maybe for the Knicks but one person on this entire site hypes up these bench guys, and its DMFs, but you categorize that as all Nets fans are over-hyping Blatche? Read the other Nets fans posts and actually get a reaction from them other than flock to DMFs posts.

lmao Yeah right according to nets fans joe johnson is the second coming of jordan and light years better then melo :facepalm:

JOhnnyTHaJet
09-02-2012, 04:37 AM
lmao Yeah right according to nets fans joe johnson is the second coming of jordan and light years better then melo :facepalm:

Please, Find me one instance anyone has said that.

EastNYLos
09-02-2012, 04:40 AM
Please, Find me one instance anyone has said that.

lmao What is your opinion on joe then do you think he is an overpaid bum or what.

Trueblue2
09-02-2012, 05:21 AM

:eyebrow:

HouRealCoach
09-02-2012, 07:51 AM
Avery Johnson already proved that he can't contain these kind of players with Terrence Williams and the Nets actually want a frontcourt of Lopez/Humphries/Blatche/Curry? Evans actually have toughness but those guys are wet tissue paper

FraziersKnicks
09-02-2012, 08:04 AM

There we go :clap:

I do genuinely think this makes the Nets the most devastating team in the East

arkanian215
09-02-2012, 09:37 AM
0a

IndyRealist
09-02-2012, 09:47 AM
The Wiz have a ton of issues so I don't know that them paying him to go away should be taken as him being that bad. Realize that this was a team led by Gilbert Arenas master of "pranks" (including but not limited to: pooping in Blatche's shoe and bring guns to the arena). It was important for both the Wiz and Blatche that he move on.

The risk with Blatche is his maturity. The reward is much higher. This risk is highly moderated by the non-guaranteed nature of the contract and the assumption that management has sense enough to listen to their coach if he says the guy needs to be dropped. Michael Beasley gets 2nd and 3rd chances, why not Andray Blatche?

I never assume that management will do the right thing. History shows that guys who put points on the board don't get cut, because people overrate scorers and don't pay attention to HOW they score. If he puts up 10ppg on 35% shooting, people will say he's a steal at vet's minimum and you'd be crazy to cut him.

And once he's signed, the decision makers have a vested interest in saying he succeeded even if he doesn't, because otherwise they'd be admitting they made a mistake. It's the sunk cost fallacy.

Now this is all theoretical from a non-Nets fan. I don't even know who's in Brooklyn's management structure, let alone how they've made decisions in the past. They could be reasonable, rational thinkers who know when to cut their losses. But I'd bet they're pretty normal people who fall prey to normal decision making errors.

JasonJohnHorn
09-02-2012, 09:50 AM
I know he had some maturity issues in the past, and that he seemed to take a step back last season, but he's still young and has potential and I think he's worth the risk if all you're putting out if the vet min. Worst case scenario is he plays awful and gets no minutes, best case scenario, you have a quality back up coming off the bench.

Smart move. A lot smarter than working out Curry. lol

netsgiantsyanks
09-02-2012, 11:22 AM

by net fans do you mean 2-3 trolls?

seikou8
09-02-2012, 11:36 AM
by net fans do you mean 2-3 trolls?

hey people do same the knicks fans they see 2-3 trolls think we all like that

GiantsSwaGG
09-02-2012, 11:47 AM
First there's a thread on Eddy Curry now Aundray Blatche? Wow let me guess if ranoldo Balkman works out for Nets he's a superstar also?

GiantsSwaGG
09-02-2012, 11:48 AM
No other team is interested in him and he was let go by the wizards....The WIZARDS. Not sure how you are missing this. It has 0 to do with him being on the Nets but I love how when Players go to the Nets they auto hit super star mode. Its like those Jerseys give super magical powers.

Fixed

Oldmantrash
09-02-2012, 12:08 PM
WTH, we are talking about a bench player here, if they sign him it's for vets min, and if he's out of shape they will cut him, if he's not, then he'll back up Lopez.

This is such a non issue, one way or the other.
This guy is not going to come in and cause problems, when he's so expendable.

Chill_Will_24
09-02-2012, 12:15 PM
First there's a thread on Eddy Curry now Aundray Blatche? Wow let me guess if ranoldo Balkman works out for Nets he's a superstar also?

You had the option of not clicking on the thread :speechless:

Hawkeye15
09-02-2012, 12:24 PM
Low risk, high reward really. I don't expect much from him going forward, but its obvious he can play at a high level if his maturity issues don't stop him from doing so.

Losoway
09-02-2012, 12:44 PM
Avery Johnson already proved that he can't contain these kind of players with Terrence Williams and the Nets actually want a frontcourt of Lopez/Humphries/Blatche/Curry? Evans actually have toughness but those guys are wet tissue paper

yea avery dropped the ball on terrence williams

#Shumpert Up
09-02-2012, 12:48 PM

^lol

Hawkeye15
09-02-2012, 12:51 PM

The Nets will be hoping to finish a top 4 team in the east dude, but keep stepping on your own toes, you know everyone on this site will unleash on you later in the season if the Nets do as expected, which is already way better than they were, which will be sad for the rational Nets fans here.

GiantsSwaGG
09-02-2012, 12:56 PM
You had the option of not clicking on the thread :speechless:

You don't say :confused:

netsgiantsyanks
09-02-2012, 12:57 PM
DMF doesn't give a ****, i really think that it's a chick, because the posts seem based off of emotion and not by principle.

Lakers + Giants
09-02-2012, 01:45 PM
I'm convinced now that DMF is a knicks fan trying to make the nets fans look bad.

Robbw241
09-02-2012, 01:48 PM
People that don't have DMF on their ignore list or even give him the time of day to reply to his posts, are just as dumb as he is.

gatkins11
09-02-2012, 01:49 PM
I don't understand why every time someone farts in the Nets front office someone on here has to make a thread about it.

jp611
09-02-2012, 01:51 PM
Blatche one of the top front court players in the league :laugh:

DMF is on that good

D2theJ
09-02-2012, 02:14 PM
If he can play center than he would be well worth the risk. The Nets need some size and Blatche is very skilled. But it only makes sense if he can give 10-15 minutes at center since I'd much rather give power forward minutes to Teletovic and Evans.

DoMeFavors
09-02-2012, 02:29 PM
Believe what you want but I think Andray has a lot of teams wanting to sign him but only agreed to workout with the Nets.

BradHolt4CYoung
09-02-2012, 02:53 PM
Believe what you want but I think Andray has a lot of teams wanting to sign him but only agreed to workout with the Nets.

:cry:
:facepalm:

netsgiantsyanks
09-02-2012, 03:17 PM
DMF is officially on my ignore list. :dance:

Chill_Will_24
09-02-2012, 03:22 PM
I'm convinced now that DMF is a knicks fan trying to make the nets fans look bad.

Possible

Chill_Will_24
09-02-2012, 03:23 PM
People that don't have DMF on their ignore list or even give him the time of day to reply to his posts, are just as dumb as he is.

This

Chill_Will_24
09-02-2012, 03:24 PM
I don't understand why every time someone farts in the Nets front office someone on here has to make a thread about it.

You had the option of not coming in here :speechless: Next time go that route since you opinion is of little interest to anyone.

#Shumpert Up
09-02-2012, 03:29 PM
blatche isn't a bad player but the fact that everybody knows DMF is going to blow this up and make him look like lebron is the only reason everyone rips on them

Chill_Will_24
09-02-2012, 03:38 PM
blatche isn't a bad player but the fact that everybody knows DMF is going to blow this up and make him look like lebron is the only reason everyone rips on them

:laugh2: DMF does it on purpose so silly insecure fans like yourself can entertain him. Only idiots react or respond to his antics anymore.

DoMeFavors
09-02-2012, 03:42 PM
:laugh2: DMF does it on purpose so silly insecure fans like yourself can entertain him. Only idiots react or respond to his antics anymore.

This is too funny, I guess opinions dont matter anymore.

Chill_Will_24
09-02-2012, 03:50 PM
This is too funny, I guess opinions dont matter anymore.

Personally you have grown on me. Nobody can elicit a reaction from people online like you can. Knicks fans are easy targets but all the same you are a master of your craft. Quite entertaining.

KniCks4LiFe
09-02-2012, 04:33 PM

This has to be a parody post right? :laugh2: :facepalm:

seikou8
09-02-2012, 04:41 PM
Personally you have grown on me. Nobody can elicit a reaction from people online like you can. Knicks fans are easy targets but all the same you are a master of your craft. Quite entertaining.

are in love with knicks fans every you talk about us damn i know nets wont be as popular as the knicks ever but damn:D

GiantsSwaGG
09-02-2012, 04:47 PM
are in love with knicks fans every you talk about us damn i know nets wont be as popular as the knicks ever but damn:D

Funny thing is he agrees with post saying if you don't have DMf on your ignore list, you're just as dumb as he is. But yet doesn't have him on his list and still quotes him. He actually can't take the Knicks dick out his mouth unfortunately

KniCks4LiFe
09-02-2012, 04:47 PM

and you say this w/ our owner? homie you're a Yankees fan like me, did you forget 2006 in NY?

Hawkeye15
09-02-2012, 04:52 PM

And as I said when you were clamoring over Greene being the MIP this season, there is a reason he is STILL UNEMPLOYED......

Hawkeye15
09-02-2012, 04:53 PM
anyways, as I said earlier, Blatche, when he isn't being a complete headcase, is an active scorer and rebounder. He has publically mentioned his maturity problems, hopefully he can stay focused, and not continue his sharp regression.

Losoway
09-02-2012, 05:15 PM

wow what ? Andray was getting ready to enter the d league because no team wanted him

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm: :facepalm::facepalm:

Chill_Will_24
09-02-2012, 05:19 PM

You guys make it too much fun, i cannot help it. When i am bored i provoke Knicks fans like the child that just quoted you.

Most Knicks fans are not like you, i hope you realize that. You are an exception. Sadly most Knicks fans are more along the lines of Giants#1Fan. They type of child that thinks throwing insults around behind the safety of his computer make him a tough yet know nothing about sports and prefer to just call any fan that disagrees with him a hater.

mrblisterdundee
09-02-2012, 05:27 PM
He can play both the power forward and center positions, and he's shown he has the talent to produce. Why not give him a non-guaranteed contract? If Zach Randolph can change, anyone can. If Blatche really tries on and off the court, I could see him competing with Humphries for the starting spot.

Chill_Will_24
09-02-2012, 05:29 PM
He can play both the power forward and center positions, and he's shown he has the talent to produce. Why not give him a non-guaranteed contract? If Zach Randolph can change, anyone can. If Blatche really tries on and off the court, I could see him competing with Humphries for the starting spot.

Another intelligent, relevant and on-topic response! That brings the count up to sayyy 6? Keep it up guys!

Voodoo Alchemy
09-02-2012, 05:34 PM

agree 100% and ive been pushing for him in the suns forum but no takers there either.

Losoway
09-02-2012, 05:41 PM
i think the nets are good on the forward position

just teach lopez how to rebound and the nets will be a force in the nba

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-02-2012, 05:42 PM
i think the nets are good on the forward position

just teach lopez how to rebound and the nets will be a force in the nba

llullz, you can't teach rebounding, it's all passion, effort and anticipation skills and paint position awareness. He lacks all of that.

IndyRealist
09-02-2012, 05:53 PM
llullz, you can't teach rebounding, it's all passion, effort and anticipation skills and paint position awareness. He lacks all of that.

Lopez was a competent per minute rebounder his rookie year. As he's taking more of the offensive load, his rebounding has regressed, as well as his shooting %.

Cal827
09-02-2012, 06:09 PM

Doubt he could compete for the starting spot. If anything, it's b/c of Lopez. They need to have a great rebounding PF to play alongside Lopez in the front court. Maybe if Lopez remembers how to rebound, then a hard-working blatche could fight with Humphries.

C-Wick925
09-02-2012, 06:11 PM
Superbowl!

Losoway
09-02-2012, 06:24 PM

what ? lmao ALL THE THINGS U NAME CAN BE TEACHED

what u cant teach is brook lopez offensive skill set... seriously top 3 best offensive big men in the game right now

Kashmir13579
09-02-2012, 08:42 PM
Played against this goon in HS. He was a beast.

MrfadeawayJB
09-02-2012, 09:34 PM
If they can get him cheap, why not? Dude has talent at the 4 position. Maturity is his major issue thats holding him back

RLundi
09-02-2012, 10:55 PM
I like the move to be honest, but only if Avery can coach him to at least a little maturity. Blatche is incredibly skilled. He's just an idiot. Low-risk, high reward.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
09-02-2012, 11:28 PM
I like the move to be honest, but only if Avery can coach him to at least a little maturity. Blatche is incredibly skilled. He's just an idiot. Low-risk, high reward.

Playing on an immature Wizards team with 3 different coaches the past 3 years doesn't help.

koreancabbage
09-03-2012, 12:30 AM
gifted with talent but not skilled

JNoel
09-03-2012, 01:21 AM
Blatche is very intelligent.

NOT

thekmp211
09-03-2012, 02:51 AM
could work out, probably wont. dude has all-star talent, but a middle school attitude. worth a shot for the nets i guess.

IndyRealist
09-03-2012, 08:43 AM
gifted with talent but not skilled

This. Not a lot of people are noting the difference.

waveycrockett
09-03-2012, 02:16 PM
Blatche has the physical talent to be an NBA Allstar but he's too busy being 12 year old child to improve on his game.

Fresno
09-03-2012, 02:32 PM
Playing on an immature Wizards team with 3 different coaches the past 3 years doesn't help.

Wrong.

Blatche was the primary character problem on the Wizards team to go along with his immaturity.

Unfortunately, he came into one of the worst locker rooms for a young, immature player to come into out of HS at that and it set him on a path for failure.