PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Lin's Family Speaks

HarryPotter
08-31-2012, 05:37 PM
Parents cry, wanted him out of NBA to end his suffering.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UVQCLQEFwgw

AlmostThere
08-31-2012, 05:51 PM
"Some even compare him to Michael Jordan"

No, Just no.

meloman1592
08-31-2012, 05:56 PM
i am not about to watch a 30 minute video thats not in English about jeremy lin...no

HarryPotter
08-31-2012, 05:56 PM

No, Just no.

Yeah, even Jeremy was shaking his head at that, lol.

Chronz
08-31-2012, 05:58 PM
Is that properly translated? The bit about him struggling vs black players as a yellow skinned asian? Do they really talk that way?

HarryPotter
08-31-2012, 06:00 PM
i am not about to watch a 30 minute video thats not in English about jeremy lin...no

Yeah, it seems he likes to stay out of the limelight in the US and turns down interviews. But when he's on his annual overseas trip, I guess he's kind of forced to do these interviews since he's under obligation to his corporate sponsors on the trip. At least it's subtitled.

JesusWears24
08-31-2012, 06:01 PM
Give me a break

rocket
08-31-2012, 06:05 PM
Explain to me why they wanted him out.

#Shumpert Up
08-31-2012, 09:08 PM
why we still talkin bout lin? trash

Jesse2272
09-01-2012, 02:00 AM
Good bye

NYkillaPriest
09-01-2012, 02:11 AM

lol I had the same exact response when I saw how long the video was, I only made it about 20 seconds

I don't know Lin like that lol

heyman321
09-01-2012, 02:16 AM
Is that properly translated? The bit about him struggling vs black players as a yellow skinned asian? Do they really talk that way?

It would be funny if the subtitles were totally not they were saying, cause it's clearly post-edited from the acutal station lol....

douglas
09-01-2012, 03:01 AM
Jeremy Lin is like that loser kid that played tuba for the school band, then one day he got a leather jacket and everybody started to think he was cool. So he ditched his old loser band geek friends to hang out with the cool kids. It's only a matter of time the cool kids find out he's not that cool.

Evolution23
09-01-2012, 03:02 AM
That's cute

asandhu23
09-01-2012, 03:12 AM
Jeremy Lin is like that loser kid that played tuba for the school band, then one day he got a leather jacket and everybody started to think he was cool. So he ditched his old loser band geek friends to hang out with the cool kids. It's only a matter of time the cool kids find out he's not that cool.

Are you in the NBA?

Six-8-TheWizard
09-01-2012, 03:13 AM
It would be funny if the subtitles were totally not they were saying, cause it's clearly post-edited from the acutal station lol....

Lol

seikou8
09-01-2012, 03:22 AM

and yuo know this how

douglas
09-01-2012, 03:25 AM
and yuo know this how

I know lots of things. Like how to type 'you' correctly.

seikou8
09-01-2012, 03:34 AM
I know lots of things. Like how to type 'you' correctly.

good for you

John Walls Era
09-01-2012, 03:49 AM

That's cute

Get the tissues ready everyone and prepare to ship them to NY.

naps
09-01-2012, 04:02 AM

Oh now he's a trash because he's not a Knick anymore? How do players become suddenly better once they put on the Knick uniform and become scrub once they leave that uniform is beyond me.

douglas
09-01-2012, 04:27 AM
I am not a Knickerbockers fan. I just think Lin stinks.

KniCks4LiFe
09-01-2012, 04:51 AM
Oh now he's a trash because he's not a Knick anymore? How do players become suddenly better once they put on the Knick uniform and become scrub once they leave that uniform is beyond me.

homie would prbly say Shumpert was mediocore if we were to trade him. Honestly I just think he's going to shut alot of people up in 2 or 3 mths. From all the tapes I've been watching, he's improved his left, added muscle mass, has more better hops than he ever did in his career. I couldn't picture homie doing a 180 one handed dunk last season falling away from the rim, I saw this on a video from a chinese poster just this week. He's shooting no less than 78% from the perimeter on a jumper scale machine and learned more fallaway moves to keep himself from receiving major hacks from the NBA players. David Lee is out there training w/ him and he swears Jeremy gonna blow up next season.

Yo true story, let Jeremy drop 30+ on CP3 or Westy, Oh I'll be all in that thread gloating.

Gagan136
09-01-2012, 05:17 AM

No, Just no.

Lol, that's where it ended for me

seikou8
09-01-2012, 07:27 AM
homie would prbly say Shumpert was mediocore if we were to trade him. Honestly I just think he's going to shut alot of people up in 2 or 3 mths. From all the tapes I've been watching, he's improved his left, added muscle mass, has more better hops than he ever did in his career. I couldn't picture homie doing a 180 one handed dunk last season falling away from the rim, I saw this on a video from a chinese poster just this week. He's shooting no less than 78% from the perimeter on a jumper scale machine and learned more fallaway moves to keep himself from receiving major hacks from the NBA players. David Lee is out there training w/ him and he swears Jeremy gonna blow up next season.

Yo true story, let Jeremy drop 30+ on CP3 or Westy, Oh I'll be all in that thread gloating.

yup you and kash were most sad to see lin i was sad too because i dont want believe he is that good and hopefully the knicks made the right choice.

Zaunnie
09-01-2012, 07:45 AM
Explain to me why they wanted him out.

Because if you Asian you doctor.

smith&wesson
09-01-2012, 03:38 PM
if he was an american born player he wouldnt get the hype he is getting. cant wait to see him get voted in to the allstar game over chris paul :laugh:

smith&wesson
09-01-2012, 03:41 PM

how can it be a true story if it hasnt happened yet ?

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-01-2012, 03:42 PM
Lin > MJ. Don't know how you guys would refute that. Y'all must be on that dope!

ThunderousDemon
09-01-2012, 03:50 PM
Linsanity!!!

Gritz
09-01-2012, 03:54 PM

lol @ you using your life story to reference Jeremy Lin

netsgiantsyanks
09-01-2012, 04:04 PM

you weren't saying that when he first went off on the nets, nor did you say that when he started going ape ****.

:laugh2:

douglas
09-01-2012, 04:26 PM
lol @ you using your life story to reference Jeremy Lin

I don't always troll PSD, but when I do, u mad.

PlezPlayDKnicks
09-01-2012, 04:38 PM
you weren't saying that when he first went off on the nets, nor did you say that when he started going ape ****.

:laugh2:

I smh at any Knick fan that hates Lin. THEY HAVE NO REASON TO HATE HIM.

asandhu23
09-01-2012, 04:50 PM
if he was an american born player he wouldnt get the hype he is getting. cant wait to see him get voted in to the allstar game over chris paul :laugh:

he was born in US. Palo Alto, California. He is just of Taiwanese descent

smith&wesson
09-01-2012, 04:53 PM
he was born in US. Palo Alto, California. He is just of Taiwanese descent

you know what i mean. If he wasnt of asian descent he wouldnt get the hype he is getting. he isnt even a top 10 pg in the league. I have him at like 15

paul
rose
d.will
rondo
westbrook
parker
nash
curry
irving
wall
dragic
lowry
holiday

even guys like conley, jennings & collison i would consider taking over him..

Max.This
09-01-2012, 05:51 PM

The exact opposite happens my friend. Everyone that comes to the knicks underachieve and once they leave, they become better. I want Lin to succeed and there is seriously no reason for anyone to hate on the kid. He is just a prime example of how messed up the media can become. To my fellow knick fans, hes the same god damn player that everyone wanted to bow to when he played for us, so stop putting on a front

netsgiantsyanks
09-01-2012, 06:22 PM
you know what i mean. If he wasnt of asian descent he wouldnt get the hype he is getting. he isnt even a top 10 pg in the league. I have him at like 15

paul
rose
d.will
rondo
westbrook
parker
nash
curry
irving
wall
dragic
lowry
holiday

even guys like conley, jennings & collison i would consider taking over him..

more like top 20.

smith&wesson
09-01-2012, 06:26 PM
15- 20.

name another top 20 player that gets the hype linsanity gets...

netsgiantsyanks
09-01-2012, 06:32 PM
i'm talking about what he does on the basketball court, not how much hype he gets. i would put the 3 guys you left out on the list over him, honestly.

smith&wesson
09-01-2012, 07:06 PM
i'm talking about what he does on the basketball court, not how much hype he gets. i would put the 3 guys you left out on the list over him, honestly.

were agreeing here bra. lol

i didnt leave them out. i said i would even consider them over Lin.

Im saying for a guy whos not even top 10 or top 15 at his own position he gets way too much hype.

tredigs
09-01-2012, 07:34 PM
were agreeing here bra. lol

i didnt leave them out. i said i would even consider them over Lin.

Im saying for a guy whos not even top 10 or top 15 at his own position he gets way too much hype.

There were 5+ major factors that contributed to "Linsanity", his ethnic descent was only one of them. He was the perfect storm for media attention:

- Parlaying being a bench warmer on the verge of being cut (literally the next day) who was sleeping on Landry Fields couch to instant personal success on the court.

- Playing in New York in a year where expectations were sky high and they were already making all the headlines for their signings and still having their usual on court woes.

- Turning that personal success into instant team success and a big time winning streak (accompanied by game winners and some of the best stats a guard has ever put up in NBA history as a new starter) WITHOUT their two monster/headliner signings on the court.

- Being of Asian ethnicity.

- Being a 4 year graduate of Harvard.

- Absolutely revitalizing the Garden (aka the 'mecca of basketball') to an energy level we haven't seen since John Starks, Reggie and Spike Lee were running the show there.

You'd be ignorant to think the hype was simply due to the Asian-American factor. His story was a melting pot of media frenzy on many fronts.

tredigs
09-01-2012, 07:37 PM
Smith n West, you remind me of the guys who think Tebow's media storm is simply due to the fact that he's an open Christian with your Lin Stance. It's so much more than that on both fronts.

rwynyc
09-01-2012, 11:21 PM
That's cute

I am knicks fan but there is only one player who can pull of in your signature!!!