PDA

View Full Version : Carmelo Rated Amongst NBA's Most Efficient On Drives, Touches At Elbow

JordansBulls
08-30-2012, 05:49 PM
http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/08/30/knicks-carmelo-anthony-amare-stoudemire/

Of all players who drove the ball at least 40 times in camera-recorded games last season, Anthony proved to be the most efficient of anyone in the league. The Knicks scored 1.66 points per possession on trips that included an Anthony drive (from 20 feet out to 10 feet in) at any point in the possession. Anthony shot the ball on 55 percent of those drives (53 total, in 17 recorded games), a pretty normal figure for a top player at any position. He drew fouls on 25 percent of his drives, one of the half-dozen highest numbers in the sample of 91 players that STATS sent along. (Among players who piled up more than a token number of drives, only James Harden drew fouls more often.) Anthony shot a hair better than 60 percent from the floor on driving attempts.

Anthony shot the ball nearly half the time that he touched it at the elbow, and he ranked No. 1, again, in points per possession recorded on all of his elbow touches.

JNoel
08-30-2012, 05:52 PM
Thats good to know.

I know he uses his elbows against players but...

justinnum1
08-30-2012, 05:56 PM
to bad he rather take inefficient shots.

mjm07
08-30-2012, 05:56 PM
Awesome!

nycsports2
08-30-2012, 05:57 PM
psd= ****newyork.com

Chronz
08-30-2012, 06:02 PM
Generally, Melo rated 59th on isolation plays in the NBA last year at 0.84 points per possession. He was 18th as a PnR ball-handler, posting 0.96. 0.95 as a post-up threat, ranking 21st. He was bad off of screens and kind of pedestrian spotting up and what-not (his jumper totally abandoned him last year, particularly under the arc, which is atypical for him because he's actually a good shooter).

This doesn't really tell us a ton we didn't know about Melo; he loves the elbow, especially right side. He loves to post there and even last year, with his long 2 abandoning him, he shot 42.3% from 10-15 feet... which is the second-best he's managed in the last 7 seasons. He's still pretty much money on his elbow jumpers and he gets good slashing chances from there as well. Melo is a very good post scorer. Last season, he got a shooting foul 18% of the time, only turned it over 11% of the time (which is good, given the location and the surrounding defenders) and he did it on 13% of his possessions. He isolated too often, but he was murder in the post.

Nuff said

greg_ory_2005
08-30-2012, 06:04 PM
#TeaMelo :clap:

NYY09
08-30-2012, 06:08 PM
psd= ****newyork.com

As a surprise to probably few, that domain is actually reserved "for future use" I wonder what they're waiting for? :laugh2:

nycsports2
08-30-2012, 06:10 PM
As a surprise to probably few, that domain is actually reserved "for future use" I wonder what they're waiting for? :laugh2:

haha

Chronz
08-30-2012, 06:12 PM
psd= ****newyork.com

Your fan base is seriously insecure.

StarvingKnick22
08-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Your fan base is seriously insecure.

Its only because of you!

LongIslandIcedZ
08-30-2012, 06:18 PM
Not surprised. His spin move layup is deadly, rarely do I see it stopped.

Unfortunately he doesn't do it enough.

Punk
08-30-2012, 07:24 PM
A positive Melo statistical thread = 11 replies.

A negative Melo statistical thread = 270 replies.

You can't maker this **** up :laugh2:

BALLER R
08-30-2012, 07:41 PM
You can find anything positive about Melo and they will find the negative in it.

PurpleJesus
08-30-2012, 07:55 PM
psd= ****newyork.com

nobody said anything untrue, or anti-New York in this thread before you posted this...

PurpleJesus
08-30-2012, 07:59 PM

I dont think the low post count in this thread has anything to do with the positivity vs negativity of the content...its just that the content isnt interesting, and the content isnt telling us anything we didnt already know...everyone already knows that Carmelo can drive to the rim, and is one of the best at it. If JordansBulls didnt post this thread, it probably would have already been deleted for being too insignificant.

ThunderousDemon
08-30-2012, 08:04 PM
Get up Melooooooooo!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6DCJXYbBB7w

NYKnickFanatic
08-30-2012, 08:10 PM
Get up Melooooooooo!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pjfBNzF13uM&feature=related

LanceUpperCut
08-30-2012, 08:17 PM

Well if anyone dare say anything negative about Melo you get hundreds of Knicks fans crying about all the hate Melo gets which creates a shitload of replies. Like mentioned before the fan base is way to insecure.

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-30-2012, 08:26 PM
Lml at the folks saying the fan base is insecure. No team who has sucked for over a decade has gotten more hate than us. Imagine if we were a great team

davids22
08-30-2012, 08:30 PM
Anyone else notice how JordansBulls has made a decent amount of Knicks threads lately? I understand the Miami/LA threads can get quite annoying, but we don't need non-Knicks fans making threads on the main forum. They will do plenty of that come regular season.

Jason Kidd gets a triple double in some meaningless regular season game... "Is Jason Kidd a Top 5 PG of all-time?"

The Knicks beat the Heat... "Can the Knicks beat the Heat in a 7-game series?"

Iman Shumpert has a strong defensive season after missing half the year due to his ACL injury "What's the minimum amount of games a DPOY has ever played and won the award? Cuz Iman deserves it lolz"

Honorable mentions:
"Do the Knicks have a top-5 bench in the NBA?"
"Is Carmelo one of the most lethal scorers ever?"
"If the Knicks nab HCA in the playoffs, they will win the title. Cuz MSG is da mecca"

PurpleJesus
08-30-2012, 08:58 PM
Lml at the folks saying the fan base is insecure. No team who has sucked for over a decade has gotten more hate than us. Imagine if we were a great team

No, the Knicks have gotten more love than any other team. No team can be so bad that long, and still be relevant...except for the Knicks, due to the ridiculous love the media shows them.

Chronz
08-30-2012, 09:15 PM
Ive seen what Knick fans constitute as "hate". Not buying it

JordansBulls
08-30-2012, 09:29 PM
I think when he goes iso that is when the inefficiency happens.

Jesse2272
08-30-2012, 09:40 PM
Nuff said

Agreed and my brain hurts

No more Melo until this season starts :surrender:

koreancabbage
08-30-2012, 09:41 PM
Get up Melooooooooo!!!

this is the moment where Carmelo was like- frig, when am i getting traded. sheesh.

dtmagnet
08-30-2012, 09:49 PM
Melo is fat.

Jesse2272
08-30-2012, 09:55 PM
Melo is fat.

Melo number 5 is sexy

Kashmir13579
08-30-2012, 09:56 PM
This proves nothing. I seen't it!

SeoulBeatz
08-30-2012, 09:57 PM
psd= ****newyork.com

Your fan base is to blame for that.

Kashmir13579
08-30-2012, 09:59 PM

Its because he's a bum but we try to pass him off like he's Durant. If 'Melo doesn't succeed this year the hate will get even worse.. You'll probably have a stroke. lol

Jesse2272
08-30-2012, 10:02 PM
Its because he's a bum but we try to pass him off like he's Durant. If 'Melo doesn't succeed this year the hate will get even worse.. You'll probably have a stroke. lol

Bold-destroys your beliefs-I will enjoy my time here so much more

Hawk/Chronz will have to appologize to Melo 1-5

LOL

Kashmir13579
08-30-2012, 10:03 PM
I don't think any fan's opinion on PSD represents the populous of a teams fanbase. No-matter how frequent you hear said opinion. I've talked to plenty of disgruntled Knick fans that aren't delusional.

Kashmir13579
08-30-2012, 10:05 PM
Bold-destroys your beliefs-I will enjoy my time here so much more

Hawk/Chronz will have to appologize to Melo 1-5

LOL

Nobody will be happier than me. Our defense might be good enough this year that 'Melo won't even have to meet his quota, whatever that is.

D-Leethal
08-30-2012, 10:06 PM

Come on Kash. Bum? Now your just baiting your own fan base.

You even voted top 15 in the other thread. How many top 15 players are called bums?

IndyRealist
08-30-2012, 10:21 PM
So....this thread is about Melo being good at taking bad shots? We know that. He practices iso off the elbow all the time, it's his go-to move. When he drives from that position it's a shot at the rim, which he's amazing at. When he takes a contested fadeaway jumper, it's a horrible shot. Another poster said 42.5% from 10-15ft, that's atrocious as a primary option and only passable as a bail-out shot.

The only way these stats look good on Melo is if you believe you HAVE to take iso jumpers off the elbow. If you realize that it's not necessary to ever take that shot in a game and in fact one of the worst shots in basketball, well then it doesn't look so good. He is very good at driving to the basket, and should be living inside the paint.

Kashmir13579
08-30-2012, 10:27 PM

You even voted top 15 in the other thread. How many top 15 players are called bums?

Sometimes the whole ranking players thing is arbitrary and stupid once you get outside of the ELITE and fringe-elite players..

You know i can't stand 'Melo and his chucking, cancerous ways, so why even bother? I don't think you even like him. You recognize his flaws better than most. Its just that you have this little positive spin on it that everything is going to work out just fine for 'Melo, when historically - it hasn't. So is it safe to say that if he doesn't deliver this year, you'll stop walking that fine line?

I don't know how any Knick fan who sat through 'Melo, pre-departure of D'antoni could be optimistic that this is our guy. After you get passed the fact that it can't get much worse.

Oh and btw, i'm still amped about the Jeremy Lin fiasco and having to endure our old, mediocre, unexciting team. Should be a good watch. I know you're excited to see 'Melo calling for it at the eblow.:rolleyes:

Jesse2272
08-30-2012, 10:28 PM
Nobody will be happier than me. Our defense might be good enough this year that 'Melo won't even have to meet his quota, whatever that is.

No doubt homie I know that

P Styles
08-30-2012, 10:29 PM
Anyone else notice how JordansBulls has made a decent amount of Knicks threads lately? I understand the Miami/LA threads can get quite annoying, but we don't need non-Knicks fans making threads on the main forum. They will do plenty of that come regular season.

Jason Kidd gets a triple double in some meaningless regular season game... "Is Jason Kidd a Top 5 PG of all-time?"

The Knicks beat the Heat... "Can the Knicks beat the Heat in a 7-game series?"

Iman Shumpert has a strong defensive season after missing half the year due to his ACL injury "What's the minimum amount of games a DPOY has ever played and won the award? Cuz Iman deserves it lolz"

Honorable mentions:
"Do the Knicks have a top-5 bench in the NBA?"
"Is Carmelo one of the most lethal scorers ever?"
"If the Knicks nab HCA in the playoffs, they will win the title. Cuz MSG is da mecca"

LMFAO too funny and too true!!

Jesse2272
08-30-2012, 10:30 PM

D I think Ill be miserable until we win a chip with Melo...

Chacarron
08-30-2012, 10:30 PM
#TeaMelo

Jesse2272
08-30-2012, 10:35 PM
#teamelo

bdp

PurpleJesus
08-30-2012, 10:35 PM
Ive seen what Knick fans constitute as "hate". Not buying it

stop hating

WAYNEBO
08-30-2012, 10:36 PM

Wow... states it's from 'Cuse Country.... claims to be a NYK fan, and bashes Melo every chance it gets. Kash, did he not tip you at Syracuse Applebees?

EnWhyKay
08-30-2012, 11:03 PM
To all the people talkin about that midrange jumper being a bad shot... You guys do realize that the threat of this shot makes it easier for him to get to the rim when he decides to go... If the defense knows he is going to the rim everytime they will play him accordingly.. But being that he is a triple threat they have to honor the threat of that midrange jumper...

DenButsu
08-30-2012, 11:03 PM
Not surprising at all. His jab step from there has always been his bread and butter.

Kashmir13579
08-30-2012, 11:04 PM
Wow... states it's from 'Cuse Country.... claims to be a NYK fan, and bashes Melo every chance it gets. Kash, did he not tip you at Syracuse Applebees?

:laugh2:

ClearSoulForce
08-30-2012, 11:10 PM
These Carmelo threads are getting annoying.

Like another poster described the Knicks fanbase:

- Carmelo is elite and is the most unstoppable player to ever play basketball
- Jeremy Lin is elite and is top 10 PG easily. Now he's a Rocket, he's an overpaid and unproven player.
- Tyson Chandler is one of the greatest defensive bigs in NBA history
- Iman Shumpert is the best defender in the league hands down and will lock down anyone at any time
- Steve Novak is by far the greatest shooter in NBA history
- Players like Dirk and Wade have led their teams to titles and have solidified themselves as HOF greats but Carmelo who can't get out of the first round is a far superior player and winner.

Punk
08-30-2012, 11:16 PM

- Jeremy Lin is elite and is top 10 PG easily. Now he's a Rocket, he's an overpaid and unproven player.
- Iman Shumpert is the best defender in the league hands down and will lock down anyone at any time
- Players like Dirk and Wade have led their teams to titles and have solidified themselves as HOF greats but Carmelo who can't get out of the first round is a far superior player and winner.

Nobody actually has said that or believes that. This is pure trolling. C'mon son and I don't even like Knick fans that much.

ClearSoulForce
08-30-2012, 11:21 PM
Nobody actually has said that or believes that. This is pure trolling. C'mon son and I don't even like Knick fans that much.

Many of you Knicks fans talk about him like he is some Jordanesque superstar while bashing clearly superior players like Wade, Dirk, and even Durant.

Carmelo's play in the playoffs alone shows that he is not a superstar or a top player but a lot of Knicks fans ignore that and continue to overrate the living hell out of him.

Perhaps this is why Knicks fans get a lot of ****?

I mean during "Linsanity" it was like no other player should be mentioned in the same breathe as him. Now he's a Rocket and he's all of a sudden overpaid and unproven.

IndyRealist
08-30-2012, 11:31 PM
To all the people talkin about that midrange jumper being a bad shot... You guys do realize that the threat of this shot makes it easier for him to get to the rim when he decides to go... If the defense knows he is going to the rim everytime they will play him accordingly.. But being that he is a triple threat they have to honor the threat of that midrange jumper...

Without watching Melo all that much, I can't believe this is true. If he shoots 42% from 10-15ft and something like 55% at the rim, why in the heck would you play him tight to defend the jumper? You lay back 3 steps and DARE him to shoot it.

WWSBD (What would Shane Battier do)?

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-30-2012, 11:37 PM
stop hating

Yeah, media love eh.. Who loves the Knicks on air.. Smaller fan bases are jealous we are talked about and that's where the hate comes from. We suck and get more attention so dudes hate its sad. I'd love to see the teams y'all say got hated on more than the Knicks the past 10 years. Guaranteed if u name 5 teams I can counter that argument

EnWhyKay
08-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Without watching Melo all that much, I can't believe this is true. If he shoots 42% from 10-15ft and something like 55% at the rim, why in the heck would you play him tight to defend the jumper? You lay back 3 steps and DARE him to shoot it.

WWSBD (What would Shane Battier do)?

It's known that Melo has one of the best mid range games in the league.. If you dare him to take that shot he will hang 50 points that night.

Melo has had success against Battier... Iguoadala is the guy that you would like to see guard Melo..

ClearSoulForce
08-30-2012, 11:38 PM
Yeah, media love eh.. Who loves the Knicks on air.. Smaller fan bases are jealous we are talked about and that's where the hate comes from. We suck and get more attention so dudes hate its sad. I'd love to see the teams y'all say got hated on more than the Knicks the past 10 years. Guaranteed if u name 5 teams I can counter that argument

The Lakers and the Heat get way more hate than New York.

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Many of you Knicks fans talk about him like he is some Jordanesque superstar while bashing clearly superior players like Wade, Dirk, and even Durant.

Carmelo's play in the playoffs alone shows that he is not a superstar or a top player but a lot of Knicks fans ignore that and continue to overrate the living hell out of him.

Perhaps this is why Knicks fans get a lot of ****?

I mean during "Linsanity" it was like no other player should be mentioned in the same breathe as him. Now he's a Rocket and he's all of a sudden overpaid and unproven.

What Knick fans bash the above?.. Keyword BASH

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-30-2012, 11:39 PM
The Lakers and the Heat get way more hate than New York.

The last 10 years.. Sorry.. The heat didn't get hate til Lebron.. Try again
The lakers get hated on cuz they are good. Name teams that suck and got hated on like the Knicks .. The clips , wolves.. Nobody cared outside their fan base . With the yanks n giants winning the Knicks are the black sheep

ClearSoulForce
08-30-2012, 11:44 PM
What Knick fans bash the above?.. Keyword BASH

I think his name is bklyknicks or something like that. Says Wade is done, says Melo is easily better than Dirk (with many facepalms). Says Durant isn't good.

Can't remember the names of the others but there are a few others that basically agree.

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-30-2012, 11:47 PM
I think his name is bklyknicks or something like that. Says Wade is done, says Melo is easily better than Dirk (with many facepalms). Says Durant isn't good.

Can't remember the names of the others but there are a few others that basically agree.

He's a known troll. Flatbush etc etc. The loudest aren't always the proper representation of the fan base. Justin calls Rio a top 15 pg in the league and I don't judge the heat fans off his and the dnewguy's comments

ClearSoulForce
08-30-2012, 11:49 PM
He's a known troll. Flatbush etc etc. The loudest aren't always the proper representation of the fan base. Justin calls Rio a top 15 pg in the league and I don't judge the heat fans off his and the dnewguy's comments

flatbush is the one I'm thinking about. Jesus Christ that man gives y'alls team a bad rep..

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-30-2012, 11:49 PM
Every team has them..

PlezPlayDKnicks
08-30-2012, 11:56 PM
Knicks fan loved Lin and other fans hated Lin. Off Knicks and he has potential and the Knicks screwed up. KNICKS FANS have to downgrade their love for players on psd cuz Knicks fans always overrate but I say every fan base does that but it's a problem when we do it. Ignore the trolls because we have a large fan base. So the trolls will seem to represent us. Smaller market fans take shots at us cuz their players leave after a few years so they need a big market punching bag. Chicago,LA are good so let's pick on the sucky Knicks

KniCks4LiFe
08-31-2012, 12:17 AM
I'm going to say this right now. This ain't Denver. And whether people want to believe it or not, there are more people that hate Melo and everything he stands for as a team player in NYC. This season, if it's not a success, you thought what A-Rod went through was something? you guys think what LeBron went through was something? you haven't seen anything yet. This city, 1/2 of the diehard Knicks fans and 1/3 of the ones who enjoyed basketball during the Linsanity weeks. Which was the most exciting basketball any Knicks fan has watched in years...they will get ugly. That's no threat, that's a reality, b/c whether you or anyone else likes it or not, Melo will be rightfully blamed for all this.

BklynKnicks3
08-31-2012, 11:19 AM
2nd best player in the nba is the best at something iam suprised

BklynKnicks3
08-31-2012, 11:23 AM

I said lin was avg player then say he is now

chandler is a solid big 2nd best defensive big in nba

shumpert is a top 3 on the ball defender as rookie

Novak is one of many specialists

Melo is the most unstoppable player in the nba and top 5 in his sleep. I said it when he was in denver say it now no bias in my opnions.

ClearSoulForce
08-31-2012, 12:17 PM
I said lin was avg player then say he is now

chandler is a solid big 2nd best defensive big in nba

shumpert is a top 3 on the ball defender as rookie

Novak is one of many specialists

Melo is the most unstoppable player in the nba and top 5 in his sleep. I said it when he was in denver say it now no bias in my opnions.

How can you be unstoppable when you can't get out of the first round?

LeGacy is Music
08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Your fan base is to blame for that.

Thats probably true, Knick Fans are the most unsupportive people ever. We could have had the 92 dream team as our team and people would complain how Jordan takes to many shots and Magic needs to shot more.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-31-2012, 01:14 PM
Melo will never get the amount of hate that Arod got. Not even close, shouldnt even be implyed.

Like I said earlier, this doesnt surprise me even a little bit. Some of his moves to the rim are so unbelievable that I hardly ever see them stopped. He does a nice spin move from the elbow finishing with a nice finish.

I still dont understand calling out "Knicks fans" in general, like their different from any other teams fans. Fans are all the same, the only thing that really changes is the quantity.

It's a shame because in my opinion Melo is the 2nd most talented player in basketball (Probably 3rd behind Durant now). If Melo would just play to his strengths and not take so many uncontested shots, the guy could easily be the third best player in the game. He's still awesome, and I think the Knicks will surprise a lot of people this year, but Carmelo could have been much better than he is.

Chill_Will_24
08-31-2012, 01:56 PM

Yet you and the gang sure like to do the reverse towards Nets fans when it comes to DMF huh? I sense hypocrisy.

Rockice_8
08-31-2012, 02:00 PM

Seriously you and #1 Giants fan should just go make out somewhere cause the **** that you type is laughable. :clap:

BobbyHillSwag
08-31-2012, 02:26 PM
This should be obvious though, melo's operating spot is the elbow.

Heatcheck
08-31-2012, 02:41 PM
Seriously you and #1 Giants fan should just go make out somewhere cause the **** that you type is laughable. :clap:

He's pricless, i dont know what he's doing wasting his time on psd, he should be writing for SNL or the daily show.

t_money25
08-31-2012, 03:03 PM
I'm going to say this right now. This ain't Denver. And whether people want to believe it or not, there are more people that hate Melo and everything he stands for as a team player in NYC. This season, if it's not a success, you thought what A-Rod went through was something? you guys think what LeBron went through was something? you haven't seen anything yet. This city, 1/2 of the diehard Knicks fans and 1/3 of the ones who enjoyed basketball during the Linsanity weeks. Which was the most exciting basketball any Knicks fan has watched in years...they will get ugly. That's no threat, that's a reality, b/c whether you or anyone else likes it or not, Melo will be rightfully blamed for all this.

There is no way on earth Melo is anywhere near the player A-Rod was when he joined the Yankees. It's not even close. A-Rod is one of the most polarizing figures in sports. Can't say the same for Melo.

2-ONE-5
08-31-2012, 03:07 PM
http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/08/30/knicks-carmelo-anthony-amare-stoudemire/

LOL who cares?

2-ONE-5
08-31-2012, 03:09 PM

KD, LBJ do I need to continue?

Ebbs
08-31-2012, 03:15 PM
PSD doesn't want to hear this. PSD after one mediocre season in New York is convinced Melo is a useless chucker... :laugh:

C_Mund
08-31-2012, 03:36 PM
I'm sorry, I don't mean to be rude... but honestly. I've read/stayed out of pretty much every single Melo thread, but the Knicks fans whining about the Melo hate is unreal. On the first page of this thread, which is a positive thread, half the responses are New York faithful complaining about people bashing Melo. I stopped reading there.

You wanna know why these threads rack up so many posts? Self-pity. If you're going to back up your team do it with a little bit of confidence, have a chip on your shoulder. You don't like your players being called over-rated? Try being a Raps/Kings/Bobcats fan and your team only being mentioned in the same breath as "irrelevant."

Brutal.

D-Leethal
08-31-2012, 03:58 PM
Sometimes the whole ranking players thing is arbitrary and stupid once you get outside of the ELITE and fringe-elite players..

You know i can't stand 'Melo and his chucking, cancerous ways, so why even bother? I don't think you even like him. You recognize his flaws better than most. Its just that you have this little positive spin on it that everything is going to work out just fine for 'Melo, when historically - it hasn't. So is it safe to say that if he doesn't deliver this year, you'll stop walking that fine line?

I don't know how any Knick fan who sat through 'Melo, pre-departure of D'antoni could be optimistic that this is our guy. After you get passed the fact that it can't get much worse.

Oh and btw, i'm still amped about the Jeremy Lin fiasco and having to endure our old, mediocre, unexciting team. Should be a good watch. I know you're excited to see 'Melo calling for it at the eblow.:rolleyes:

I appreciate what Melo does great but am not blind to his flaws like most Knick fans on here. I might come off as a hater because I can't stand the blind lovers out there and gotta set them straight.

I've seen it click for players later in their careers before, its not like Melo's flaws aren't easily fixable. Even with his flaws, the same flaws Kobe has been lambasted for his whole career, on the right team you can win with Melo. This is the most talent he's played with and on paper should have a top 3 defense.

I also think the presence of Jason Kidd on the court and on the bench is going to make a world of difference. I see Dirk and Melo as reasonably similar players who operate at the elbow as their bread and butter. I also think Woodson is the type of guy who would seek out input from a guy like Kidd with regards to details of the offense and even the defense.

Its definitely put up or shut up time though, there are no excuses left if we don't get HCA, challenge Boston for the division title, crack 50 wins etc...no more of this hovering .500 7 seed first round sweep garbage.

I am very excited for the season though, pretty much over Jeremy Lin, curious to see what a motivated Felton and JKidd tandem can bring to the table, and love the defensive improvements.

Outside of BklynKnicks and Flatbush who claim Melo is the 2nd best player in the NBA, not one Knick fan has ever said any of the above. GTFO with that nonsense. Back it up with a quote for even 1 of those statements.

IndyRealist
08-31-2012, 04:34 PM
It's known that Melo has one of the best mid range games in the league.. If you dare him to take that shot he will hang 50 points that night.

Melo has had success against Battier... Iguoadala is the guy that you would like to see guard Melo..

Someone noted that Melo shoots 42.5% from 10-15ft and no one has contradicted him. I'd take that over 55% at the rim any day of the week.