PDA

View Full Version : Scottie Pippen

DJHUFF2000
08-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Do you think Scottie deserves a statue outside of the United Center? I really think he does!

Ray_R
08-30-2012, 05:18 PM
Yes
Bulls Forum

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-30-2012, 05:28 PM
Stop making so many threads.

JordansBulls
08-30-2012, 05:34 PM
Bulls honered him with a bust inside the UC.

JasonJohnHorn
08-30-2012, 06:56 PM
I dunno... a statue is a pretty big fawking deal... who has statues in the NBA? West. Magic. Kareem is getting one. Jordan has one, right? I mean... Scottie was a great player, but is he on the same level as Kareem and Jordan and Magic and West? I'm not so sure.

I'd say no, but he's a HOF baller who deserves his jersey retired.

Kobe2324
08-30-2012, 07:27 PM
I say no, not to take anything away from him, he is a hof and his contribution to the team was huge but he's not on that MJ, west, magic level and honestly not many players deserve statues, I think the only current player is Kobe, his contribution tothe lakers has been nothing short of amazing, he will have a statue in the front of staples but other than that I don't expect any statues to come anytime soon except for Kareem who was long overdue for one.

asandhu23
08-30-2012, 07:34 PM
IMO, Pippen > Kobe. People are going to scream at me but **** it. Pippen was a beast.

asandhu23
08-30-2012, 07:36 PM
Also, if Warriors decide to build a statue, they should make it for Rick Barry. The man who got us our only championship pretty much by himself and barely any other stars.

mikekhelxD
08-30-2012, 07:37 PM
I say no, not to take anything away from him, he is a hof and his contribution to the team was huge but he's not on that MJ, west, magic level and honestly not many players deserve statues, I think the only current player is Kobe, his contribution tothe lakers has been nothing short of amazing, he will have a statue in the front of staples but other than that I don't expect any statues to come anytime soon except for Kareem who was long overdue for one.

Not to be a *****, but there are just too much comma on your post, you know, hehe. Anyway, you think Lakers should give Kobe a statue because of his contributions to the Lakers, why not for Pippen for his contributions to the Bulls?

LakersMaster24
08-30-2012, 07:42 PM
IMO, Pippen > Kobe. People are going to scream at me but **** it. Pippen was a beast.

So in your opinion Pippen is a Top 10 player of all time?

mikekhelxD
08-30-2012, 07:50 PM

Opinion = subjectivity, i'm pretty sure you guys won't resolve any issue with opinions.

macc
08-30-2012, 07:50 PM
I think Pippen does deserve his own statue. It's not about being better then other players who do/do not have one, it's about what Pippen meant to the Chicago bulls. Without Pippen Jordan doesn't win all those chips. The year Jordan was gone Pippen lead Chicago to the ECF.

Pippen will forever be in Jordans shadow but that doesn't neglect the fact of how important he was to that franchise.

asandhu23
08-30-2012, 08:00 PM

No, i wouldn't. I don't think Kobe belongs there either because you can find 10 players better than him in NBA history. you will disagree with me but you have to understand that because of media power Kobe has, we tend to overrate him. 10-20 years down the line, you guys will have different opinions for whoever is leading them league then.

1. Wilt Chamberlain.
2. Michael Jordan.
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
4. Larry Bird.
5. Magic Johnson.
6. Julius Erving.
7. Oscar Robertson.
8. Tim Duncan.
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Jerry West.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-30-2012, 08:03 PM

:facepalm::facepalm:

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-30-2012, 08:06 PM
No, i wouldn't. I don't think Kobe belongs there either because you can find 10 players better than him in NBA history. you will disagree with me but you have to understand that because of media power Kobe has, we tend to overrate him. 10-20 years down the line, you guys will have different opinions for whoever is leading them league then.

1. Wilt Chamberlain.
2. Michael Jordan.
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
4. Larry Bird.
5. Magic Johnson.
6. Julius Erving.
7. Oscar Robertson.
8. Tim Duncan.
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Jerry West.

Your list is pathetic not even worth arguing with

asandhu23
08-30-2012, 08:08 PM

whatever, dude.

LakersMaster24
08-30-2012, 08:11 PM

1. Wilt Chamberlain.
2. Michael Jordan.
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
4. Larry Bird.
5. Magic Johnson.
6. Julius Erving.
7. Oscar Robertson.
8. Tim Duncan.
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Jerry West.

Oh Jesus Lord, Julius Erving and Jerry West better than Kobe? Come on man.

davids22
08-30-2012, 08:22 PM
asandhu's list isn't terrible at all.... people just like to overrate players who are still around.

With that being said, Kobe will definitely be top 10 when it's all said and done. Granted 3 of hi championships he was carried by Shaq, but his two rings and two finals MVPs as a leader (not to mention the numerous personal achievements) is what will separate him from the rest.

monzternipz12
08-30-2012, 08:27 PM

To say his list is pathetic is pathetic in itself. Though I don't agree with him about pippen>Kobe, his top 10 list isnt crazy. Not what I would put but its his opinion.

goldenstater
08-30-2012, 08:31 PM
To say his list is pathetic is pathetic in itself. Though I don't agree with him about pippen>Kobe, his top 10 list isnt crazy. Not what I would put but its his opinion.

this.

TheSource
08-30-2012, 08:34 PM
No Shaq, no Bill Russel, no Kobe, come on.

seikou8
08-30-2012, 08:38 PM

1. Wilt Chamberlain.
2. Michael Jordan.
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
4. Larry Bird.
5. Magic Johnson.
6. Julius Erving.
7. Oscar Robertson.
8. Tim Duncan.
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Jerry West.
stop reading after:speechless: that

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-30-2012, 08:49 PM
asandhu's list isn't terrible at all.... people just like to overrate players who are still around.

With that being said, Kobe will definitely be top 10 when it's all said and done. Granted 3 of hi championships he was carried by Shaq, but his two rings and two finals MVPs as a leader (not to mention the numerous personal achievements) is what will separate him from the rest.

He was carried by shaq? Lol if anything both of them wouldn't have won without one another, I hate it when people bring that **** UP, it doesn't make sense...and Kobe won't be top 10 when he retires because he already is, with a chance at top 5

effen5
08-30-2012, 08:49 PM
He already has a statue inside the UC.

goldenstater
08-30-2012, 08:59 PM
He was carried by shaq? Lol if anything both of them wouldn't have won without one another, I hate it when people bring that **** UP, it doesn't make sense...and Kobe won't be top 10 when he retires because he already is, with a chance at top 5

its actually makes plenty of sense. in their 3 peat how many times did Kobe win Finals MVP? Shaq was the far better player kobe was good thats all he needed to be with Shaq at that time. shaq maybe wouldn't have won without Kobe but Kobe most def wouldn't have won without shaq. it took Kobe imo a long time before he was able to carry a team to a championship( and he obviously proved that he could). maybe take off your homer glasses about it and you wouldn't get so pissed off when people bring it up cause its true. i think Kobe would be in my top 10 but it would def bet at the 9-10.

LakersMaster24
08-30-2012, 09:02 PM
its actually makes plenty of sense. in their 3 peat how many times did Kobe win Finals MVP? Shaq was the far better player kobe was good thats all he needed to be with Shaq at that time. shaq maybe wouldn't have won without Kobe but Kobe most def wouldn't have won without shaq. it took Kobe imo a long time before he was able to carry a team to a championship( and he obviously proved that he could). maybe take off your homer glasses about it and you wouldn't get so pissed off when people bring it up cause its true. i think Kobe would be in my top 10 but it would def bet at the 9-10.

Took him a long time? :confused:

2004 Shaq leaves the Lakers

2008 Kobe gets a legit 2nd option and wins back to back championships.

3-4 years is not really a "long time"

Switch
08-30-2012, 09:07 PM

And Kobe wasn't?

:facepalm:

I think from now on I will just skip your posts when reading threads.

Jint.
08-30-2012, 09:16 PM
Pippen forum

JordansBulls
08-30-2012, 09:19 PM
Might as well lock this up as Pippen already has one inside the UC.

goldenstater
08-30-2012, 09:24 PM
Took him a long time? :confused:

2004 Shaq leaves the Lakers

2008 Kobe gets a legit 2nd option and wins back to back championships.

3-4 years is not really a "long time"

:hide: its was his 12th year in the league...

RaiderLakersA's
08-30-2012, 09:39 PM
Pippen forum

This.

Come on, people, Pippen doesn't deserve a damn statue. Phil Jackson does, but not Pip. Sorry.

LakersMaster24
08-30-2012, 09:39 PM
:hide: its was his 12th year in the league...

Well that has to do with the idea that came to the league at age 17 and the team he ended up with was a up and coming team that had Shaquille O'Neal on it :p

monzternipz12
08-30-2012, 09:43 PM
There have been some really dumb threads being made lately. Unfortunately, PSD is mainly a bball forum. We need to be talking about baseball or football.

Jesse2272
08-30-2012, 10:05 PM
As a Knicks fan

I hated both MJ and Pipps

to death

I did not appreciate them until hindsight

1 of the greats, he deserves a Stat.

goldenstater
08-30-2012, 10:09 PM
Well that has to do with the idea that came to the league at age 17 and the team he ended up with was a up and coming team that had Shaquille O'Neal on it :p

LOL thats fine its really a secondary point i was trying to make anyways. def not saying Kobe isn't great or anything.

goldenstater
08-30-2012, 10:13 PM
There have been some really dumb threads being made lately. Unfortunately, PSD is mainly a bball forum. We need to be talking about baseball or football.

the NBA forum is completely out of control imo. its kind of a joke in here why i usually stay out of here( not that im a huge poster anyways). Baseball and Football is a far better read imo with way more level headed fans, also the baseball and football fans hold each other accountable better also. to many goof balls in the NBA forum.

--23--
08-30-2012, 10:19 PM
I think Pippen does deserve his own statue. It's not about being better then other players who do/do not have one, it's about what Pippen meant to the Chicago bulls. Without Pippen Jordan doesn't win all those chips. The year Jordan was gone Pippen lead Chicago to the ECF.

Pippen will forever be in Jordans shadow but that doesn't neglect the fact of how important he was to that franchise.

NO... The Bulls did not make it to the ECF without Jordan, they made it to the Semi's(2nd round).

And like JB said Pippen already has one in the UC.

meadowlarklemon
08-31-2012, 07:42 AM
pippen didn't really have any help, though

eso
08-31-2012, 08:06 AM
If he does there will end up being a truck load of Statues at every arena..
Pip was a great player top 5 SF of all time in my mind but shyt statues are for your Jordans and Magics. who are half a step ahead of PIP (but only half a step) i miss PIP all these Lebron lovers who think he is unguardable Pip would of shut him the ***( down.

thenaj17
08-31-2012, 08:48 AM

I find a lot of people are the opposite actually. A fair few old players are rated highly when they played crappy opposition/less talent.

Anyone ranking Wilt Chamberlain as top 5 ever player is deluded. In terms of what he did for the game and impact he had would be number 2 behind Jordan but he is certainly not top 5 player. He's not even a top 2 centre all time. Kareem and Shaq would be in my opinion

todu82
08-31-2012, 10:16 AM
Pippen was a great player and one of the better players in Bulls history but I doubt that he gets a statue outside United Centre.

dh144498
08-31-2012, 10:32 AM

1. Wilt Chamberlain.
2. Michael Jordan.
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
4. Larry Bird.
5. Magic Johnson.
6. Julius Erving.
7. Oscar Robertson.
8. Tim Duncan.
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Jerry West.

ah you are a stat-geek. Wilt chamberlain aka the choker as your first. :rolleyes:

dh144498
08-31-2012, 10:34 AM

not carried, but he was a 2nd option after Shaq.

ericrichard1191
08-31-2012, 10:36 AM
No, yes he's done a lot for the Bulls, but maybe a foot high statue to put in his livingroom, I'd be fine with that.

mamba24
08-31-2012, 10:37 AM
Jordan and Pippen > Stockton and Malone... Stockton and Malone have statues. Pippen is a top 50 player of all time... Arguably a top 5 defender of all time... Dude should be recognized.

dh144498
08-31-2012, 10:41 AM

terrible logic. The FMVP can only be won by 1 player, but that doesn't mean the winner of that award carried the 2nd best player or the rest of the team. Stop using the word carried. So tell me who carried who in 1980 for the Lakers? Magic or Kareem? .... I rest my case.

as for the bolded: 2009-2010 championships say HI! :cool:

Being the leader of a championship team doesn't mean you carried the team, you LEAD your team to a win. The only case I can remember someone "carrying" a team to a championship was Hakeem in 1994, but that was also against the Knicks who had Ewing carrying the team.

Also Kobe top 9-10 a bit underrating. he's at 8 right now for me and will climb (hopefully) higher in the next couple of years.

ChicagoJ
08-31-2012, 10:42 AM
If jordan didn't have one a jordan/pip combo statue would have been fitting. It would have represented one of the greatest eras in chicago sports history. But, I don't think putting a pippen statue outside would be a good idea now since Jordan already has one which represents something different. That statue is more about what Jordan was to the nba.

bigsams50
08-31-2012, 10:50 AM
I think he does. He was a hell of a player, and a huge part why the Bulls won 6 championships

This is kinda off topic, but which players have statues? I know Magic, Jordan, and Stockton/Malone have one. Who else?

The goods
08-31-2012, 11:15 AM
terrible logic. The FMVP can only be won by 1 player, but that doesn't mean the winner of that award carried the 2nd best player or the rest of the team. Stop using the word carried. So tell me who carried who in 1980 for the Lakers? Magic or Kareem? .... I rest my case.

as for the bolded: 2009-2010 championships say HI! :cool:

Being the leader of a championship team doesn't mean you carried the team, you LEAD your team to a win. The only case I can remember someone "carrying" a team to a championship was Hakeem in 1994, but that was also against the Knicks who had Ewing carrying the team.

Also Kobe top 9-10 a bit underrating. he's at 8 right now for me and will climb (hopefully) higher in the next couple of years.

This pretty much.

If shaq "carried" Kobe to that 3 peat doesn't that mean MJ carried pippen? People should be consistent with their argument how is pippen better than Kobe when Kobe lead his team to championships?

Gram
08-31-2012, 12:04 PM
Scottie Pippen.

Mave1002
08-31-2012, 09:00 PM

Hey hey. let's not get carried away GSW fan. Next thing youre gona say Bogut is better than DH12.

And im a fan of both Pippen and Bogut, just so you know.

meadowlarklemon
09-01-2012, 12:21 AM
Hey hey. let's not get carried away GSW fan. Next thing youre gona say Bogut is better than DH12.

And im a fan of both Pippen and Bogut, just so you know.

Fab Four maybe......artest is kind of a stretch....don't ya think?

Evolution23
09-01-2012, 03:06 AM
They should put a statue of my dick at the United Center

KingPosey
09-01-2012, 03:11 AM
I dunno... a statue is a pretty big fawking deal... who has statues in the NBA? West. Magic. Kareem is getting one. Jordan has one, right? I mean... Scottie was a great player, but is he on the same level as Kareem and Jordan and Magic and West? I'm not so sure.

I personally think he was every bit the player West was, but him being their "equal" isnt the point. He means and meant the world to The Bulls, he deserved to be honored for what he was a massive part of there.

Blazers#1Fan
09-01-2012, 03:37 AM

I gotta agree portland vs LA where pippen was out of his prime and kobe entering his prime, pippen was man handling kobe

I take pippen 99.9% of the time over kobe look at what kobe needs to win another championship first it was a Artest who was putting up numbers when he joined and pau,bynum and fisher now he has a boarder line all star team he always needs all stars to win pippen would take mediocre teams to championships and wcf & ecf (portland(refs cheated in 2000 its a proven fact donaghue or some crap the betting ref) & chicago(jordans first retirement)

Blazers#1Fan
09-01-2012, 03:45 AM
They should put a statue of my dick at the United Center

They did!....except nobodys seen it and i guess you havent either i heard its the worlds smallest life size statue made

You set ur self up for that

shep33
09-01-2012, 03:48 AM
I gotta agree portland vs LA where pippen was out of his prime and kobe entering his prime, pippen was man handling kobe

I take pippen 99.9% of the time over kobe look at what kobe needs to win another championship first it was a Artest who was putting up numbers when he joined and pau,bynum and fisher now he has a boarder line all star team he always needs all stars to win pippen would take mediocre teams to championships and wcf & ecf (portland(refs cheated in 2000 its a proven fact donaghue or some crap the betting ref) & chicago(jordans first retirement)

:eyebrow:

At 22 Kobe put up 25 ppg, 8 apg, and 5 rpg in a sweep of Portland in 2001 as the 2nd option. Kobe at 22 wasn't even close to his prime.

shep33
09-01-2012, 03:54 AM
Scottie was a beast though. Defensively he was crazy good. The critics have been out against him though because following his split from the Bulls, his career never came close to the numbers he put up with MJ. Sadly, people forget that he was starting to hit his decline at 33

Blazers#1Fan
09-01-2012, 05:43 AM
:eyebrow:

At 22 Kobe put up 25 ppg, 8 apg, and 5 rpg in a sweep of Portland in 2001 as the 2nd option. Kobe at 22 wasn't even close to his prime.

Entering his prime if he wasnt entering his prime then 22. -23 is when most good players start entering there prime also gotta remember kobe was in the league 3-4 years longer then most other players the elite players out of high school were better earlier kg,kobe,lebron

2000 finals went to game 7 refs got in it that was when donaghy was ref'ing and betting on games he said he did on portland and kings vs lakers in the playoffs
The kobe alley oop pass to shaq still gets played its when shaq dunks and runs down court mouth open and arms out

albertajaysfan
09-01-2012, 06:01 AM
Not to be a *****, but there are just too much comma on your post, you know, hehe. Anyway, you think Lakers should give Kobe a statue because of his contributions to the Lakers, why not for Pippen for his contributions to the Bulls?

Almost the same number as your post....

shep33
09-01-2012, 01:27 PM
Entering his prime if he wasnt entering his prime then 22. -23 is when most good players start entering there prime also gotta remember kobe was in the league 3-4 years longer then most other players the elite players out of high school were better earlier kg,kobe,lebron

2000 finals went to game 7 refs got in it that was when donaghy was ref'ing and betting on games he said he did on portland and kings vs lakers in the playoffs
The kobe alley oop pass to shaq still gets played its when shaq dunks and runs down court mouth open and arms out

Honestly I don't think he hit his prime until the 2002-2003 season, but that's just my opinion. Gotta remember that yeah Kobe was 17 when he was drafted, but didn't start to get quality minutes until his 3rd year. The next year is when they played the Blazers the first time and he was only 21 at the time, while only in his 2nd year as a starter.

StinkEye
09-01-2012, 02:49 PM
Scottie Pippen.
This.

meadowlarklemon
09-02-2012, 05:03 AM
Scottie Pippen

BlinkManJan02
09-02-2012, 06:01 AM
Only if it's nude. **** it otherwise. jesus.

TheLegend
09-02-2012, 05:29 PM

Scottie has a statue inside the United Center, it's not like its a statue outside the HOF. Pip was the Bulls 2nd best player so it's ok for the Bulls organization to honor him in their building.

TheLegend
09-02-2012, 05:32 PM

He's a top 10 player as a Bull. They can honor him how they see fit in their building.

KB-Pau-DH2012
09-02-2012, 05:33 PM

1. Wilt Chamberlain.
2. Michael Jordan.
3. Kareem Abdul Jabbar.
4. Larry Bird.
5. Magic Johnson.
6. Julius Erving.
7. Oscar Robertson.
8. Tim Duncan.
9. Hakeem Olajuwon
10. Jerry West.

I love Jerry, but going 1-9 all-time in the NBA Finals kinda hurts his case, not mentioning he was the first ever NBA Finals MVP, but won that award while the Lakers lost a 7th game at home of the Finals against Boston in Russell's final title.

meadowlarklemon
09-03-2012, 12:13 AM
Opinion = subjectivity, i'm pretty sure you guys won't resolve any issue with opinions.

most issues resolve with some form of subjectivity involved. especially in basketball. otherwise, what is the criteria for anything? is it the number of championships? number of points? number of assists?

there are always certain variables that have to be "assumed" or "compromised" by the two debaters