PDA

View Full Version : CP3 and Dwight

JasonJohnHorn
08-27-2012, 05:19 PM
The Dwightmare is over for now, but at the end of the season, he will be a free agent, as will CP3, and if somebody (perhaps the Mavs?) could pull a Pat Riley and clear enough cap space to sign both of them, it could change the landscape of the NBA.

So.. who is going to have the cap space to pull this off? Or are these two staying in LA?

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Majority of people in the NBA believe CP3 will make a move to NY via trade. Near the end of the season knicks will terminate Amare's contract to have enough money to sign Paul.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 05:25 PM
He has said countless times he wanted to come here, you expect him just to forget that?

stlbest5in2013
08-27-2012, 05:26 PM
Majority of people in the NBA believe CP3 will make a move to NY via trade. Near the end of the season knicks will terminate Amare's contract to have enough money to sign Paul.

Where the F is your offense going to come from then? Paul and Melo are not taking a team to a championship on their backs. You going to play Camby and Chandler together at the 4 and 5. Then hope to keep teams under 80 ppg?

SteBO
08-27-2012, 05:27 PM
I'm not too sure about Dwight, but if I was Paul I'd stay in LA. The Clippers are on the right track in terms of what they're doing toward their future.

Cal827
08-27-2012, 05:27 PM

So, I'm guessing that James Dolan is going to hire an assassin to take down Amar'e and void that contract? Cause you guys don't have the Amnesty clause. Nobody is gonna take that contract back, knowing the Knicks intentions. Why would they allow another big three and move the "rock" that is blocking it?

It's a shame for you guys that they can't trade Amnesties. Cause there are a few teams that would likely be willing to part with theirs (for a price of course) lol

mvb815
08-27-2012, 05:28 PM
dwight to the nets, cp3 to the knicks

it's the nba, it'll get done no matter the numbers involved

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 05:29 PM
Where the F is your offense going to come from then? Paul and Melo are not taking a team to a championship on their backs. You going to play Camby and Chandler together at the 4 and 5. Then hope to keep teams under 80 ppg?

Offense runs through Chris paul, you know the guy who averages 9.9 assist?
Carmelo one of the best offensive players in the NBA, Iman, JKidd, and whoever we draft.

Losoway
08-27-2012, 05:30 PM
chris paul cant come to new york we dont have enough space

numbers dont add up

stlbest5in2013
08-27-2012, 05:31 PM
Offense runs through Chris paul, you know the guy who averages 9.9 assist?
Carmelo one of the best offensive players in the NBA, Iman, JKidd, and whoever we draft.

Again, CP3 is not going to get you 25 a night, night in and out, and Melo is not going to average 35 ppg.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 05:31 PM
So, I'm guessing that James Dolan is going to hire an assassin to take down Amar'e and void that contract? Cause you guys don't have the Amnesty clause. Nobody is gonna take that contract back, knowing the Knicks intentions. Why would they allow another big three and move the "rock" that is blocking it?

It's a shame for you guys that they can't trade Amnesties. Cause there are a few teams that would likely be willing to part with theirs (for a price of course) lol
i love how you trash us but your almost always wrong, it will be 3 years, and under the contract we can buyout his contract. We are the 2nd most Valueble team, we can pull off what the lakers did easily.

Purple&Gold24
08-27-2012, 05:35 PM
I don't know, I think Dwight stays. Depending on the season. CP3? hmmm.... I think hes 50/50 if they dont go far into the playoffs. I think hes leave to NYK.

oak2455
08-27-2012, 05:35 PM
Omg another pointless thread

Cal827
08-27-2012, 05:41 PM
i love how you trash us but your almost always wrong, it will be 3 years, and under the contract we can buyout his contract. We are the 2nd most Valueble team, we can pull off what the lakers did easily.

How was my last post trashing? I honestly don't think anyone is gonna take on Amare's contract, with his injuries and his decline. He's one of my favorite players in the game, but to think his game isn't on the decline is naive.

Also, I'm just going to post the following message as a heads up to the Amnesty Clause usage.. I don't think it will warrant a response:

"Amnesty can be used prior to the 2011-12 through 2015-16 seasons, although teams may use the provision only once in total -- not once per season."

Via: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

You guys Amnestied Billups, therefore you don't have the provision anymore.

JasonJohnHorn

What is ever the point of any thread in here other than to talk about basketball? If you don't like it, I suggest checking out the Plato and Nietchse threads under the philosohpy section. Seriously... wtf man?

StarvingKnick22
Again, CP3 is not going to get you 25 a night, night in and out, and Melo is not going to average 35 ppg.

assuming we trade Felton/Stat/Brewer/picks/cash This:
Chris Paul: 20.3PPG 11.0APG 2.0SPG 4RPG 0.3BPG
Carmelo Anthony: 27.4PPG 4APG 1.0SPG 8.5RPG 1.0BPG
(Whoever we get with Paul)
Heathy Iman Shumpert: 16.2 PPG 5.5APG (assuming Paul Makes him better) 1.8 SPG 4RPG
Tyson Chandler: 12.PPG 10RPG 1.4 BPG
Bench:
J.R. Smith: 16.8 PPG 1.8SPG 2APG 4 RPG
JKidd: 6PPG 6APG 1.4SPG 4 RPG
Steve Novak 9.0PPG 3 RPG
Prigoni -10.0PPG 5 APG 1 SPG
and we might have Keynon Marton

oak2455
08-27-2012, 05:42 PM
What is ever the point of any thread in here other than to talk about basketball? If you don't like it, I suggest checking out the Plato and Nietchse threads under the philosohpy section. Seriously... wtf man?

Cool story man

soundjunkies2
08-27-2012, 05:43 PM
I think they both stay. Both teams offer the most money and best situation for both players.

oak2455
08-27-2012, 05:43 PM
D12 will stay and Cp3 won't be a Knick

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 05:44 PM
How was my last post trashing? I honestly don't think anyone is gonna take on Amare's contract, with his injuries and his decline. He's one of my favorite players in the game, but to think his game isn't on the decline is naive.

Also, I'm just going to post the following message as a heads up to the Amnesty Clause usage.. I don't think it will warrant a response:

"Amnesty can be used prior to the 2011-12 through 2015-16 seasons, although teams may use the provision only once in total -- not once per season."

Via: http://www.cbafaq.com/salarycap.htm

You guys Amnestied Billups, therefore you don't have the provision anymore.it is NOT an Amnesty, it is a contract TERMINATION.

ThunderousDemon
08-27-2012, 05:45 PM
Cool story bro, seems legit.

Mr_Jones
08-27-2012, 05:45 PM

Then why have you never done anything like that?

oak2455
08-27-2012, 05:49 PM
Cool story bro, seems legit.

One of the best sigs on here

Raidaz4Life
08-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Both players are staying right where they are. I'm not sure why that seems so hard for NY fans to accept.

oak2455
08-27-2012, 05:53 PM
Both players are staying right where they are. I'm not sure why that seems so hard for NY fans to accept.

It's a few spoiled fans

jakub
08-27-2012, 05:55 PM

What am I going to eat for Dinner on February 9th 2019?

D2theJ
08-27-2012, 05:56 PM
I could see CP3 going to the Knicks but I don't think it makes sense unless they can get a star PF. With Paul, Melo and Chandler thats good but with a mediocre SG and PF they won't go anywhere in the playoffs. They won't have any low post offense to go to and that would make them a lot more one dimensional offensively.

Raidaz4Life
08-27-2012, 05:56 PM
It's a few spoiled fans

I suppose you're right, but I swear it seems every single offseason I hear a NY fan saying next year Chris Paul will be a Knick... like 100% guaranteed. I mean once a report comes out that says it is plausible then fine I will listen but the season hasn't even started and both the Lakers and Clippers have fantastic supporting casts around both players. There is virtually no incentive whatsoever for either to leave.

Big Market
Competitive Teams
More Money

zB_#85
08-27-2012, 05:57 PM

hmmm... that's news to me.

I thought a majority of people thought he would test free agency but ultimately stay in LA (a la Deron Williams with BK). You see, Clippers will have his bird rights which means they can pay him more than anyone. Sign and trade would be a possibility, except next year I believe a new provision of the CBA kicks in that keeps teams over cap from acquiring players in sign and trades. From what I've read, many believe the biggest reason he didn't extend with LA is because his max contract will be higher next year with another year experience in the league. Basically he has an opportunity for a pay raise by waiting until next year to do anything, he'd be leaving significant money on the table by extending this year. I tend to believe that also since the Clippers resigned Blake to a multi year extension after CP3 turned his extension down. Blake must have some kind of confidence that CP3 wants to be in LA I would assume.

As for Dwight, lol at all the speculation. It's really just people being hopeful that he'll leave LA...which he won't!!! Adidas will pay him $25m more on his shoe deal to be in either the LA or NY market. Knicks and Nets not an option so that leaves LA. Add in the fact that LA has his bird years that's more significant money. Add in the fact that Dwight wants to be more than just a basketball player one day, Hollywood is the perfect place for him to be and he's already expressed how much he's growing to love LA. Then last, but definitely not least....we're the Lakers. We get what we want and people don't leave us unless we want them gone :cool:

SteBO
After watching Dwight make a **** show out of his situation, I'm not all too sure he's a sure fire thing to stay in LA. The only reason I think the odds are he does stay is because LA can offer him the most money. As far as CP3, he should undoubtedly stay with the Clippers.

SteBO
After watching Dwight make a **** show out of his situation, I'm not all too sure he's a sure fire thing to stay in LA. The only reason I think the odds are he does stay is because LA can offer him the most money. As far as CP3, he should undoubtedly stay with the Clippers.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Both players are staying right where they are. I'm not sure why that seems so hard for NY fans to accept. press the video in my sig...

One of the best sigs on here he is one of the best POSTERS here

Then why have you never done anything like that? because we usually went the FA route

hmmm... that's news to me.

I thought a majority of people thought he would test free agency but ultimately stay in LA (a la Deron Williams with BK). You see, Clippers will have his bird rights which means they can pay him more than anyone. Sign and trade would be a possibility, except next year I believe a new provision of the CBA kicks in that keeps teams over cap from acquiring players in sign and trades. From what I've read, many believe the biggest reason he didn't extend with LA is because his max contract will be higher next year with another year experience in the league. Basically he has an opportunity for a pay raise by waiting until next year to do anything, he'd be leaving significant money on the table by extending this year. I tend to believe that also since the Clippers resigned Blake to a multi year extension after CP3 turned his extension down. Blake must have some kind of confidence that CP3 wants to be in LA I would assume.

As for Dwight, lol at all the speculation. It's really just people being hopeful that he'll leave LA...which he won't!!! Adidas will pay him $25m more on his shoe deal to be in either the LA or NY market. Knicks and Nets not an option so that leaves LA. Add in the fact that LA has his bird years that's more significant money. Add in the fact that Dwight wants to be more than just a basketball player one day, Hollywood is the perfect place for him to be and he's already expressed how much he's growing to love LA. Then last, but definitely not least....we're the Lakers. We get what we want and people don't leave us unless we want them gone :cool:
yeah but one thing remains-He wants to come here- thats what seperates Clippers from us. click onthe video in my sig. he even said its not about the money.

BigCityofDreams
08-27-2012, 06:13 PM
dwight to the nets, cp3 to the knicks

it's the nba, it'll get done no matter the numbers involved

Neither player is coming to NY. They will re-sign with their current teams.

zB_#85
08-27-2012, 06:19 PM
press the video in my sig...

he is one of the best POSTERS here

because we usually went the FA route

yeah but one thing remains-He wants to come here- thats what seperates Clippers from us. click onthe video in my sig. he even said its not about the money.

want in one hand and piss in the other. tell me which one fills up faster...

Knicks have no cap to sign him. Sign and trades (I'm pretty sure) aren't going to be possible for the Knicks next year due to new CBA rules (if anyone knows more about this than me and can either disprove or confirm I'd appreciate).

If I'm right about the CBA than this is a pointless thread b/c it's just not possible.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Neither player is coming to NY. They will re-sign with their current teams.

STOP being so pessimistic. if lakers lose in the second round he is gone. and CP3 knows what he is doing. ALL THE TIME.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 06:20 PM

Knicks have no cap to sign him. Sign and trades (I'm pretty sure) aren't going to be possible for the Knicks next year due to new CBA rules (if anyone knows more about this than me and can either disprove or confirm I'd appreciate).

If I'm right about the CBA than this is a pointless thread b/c it's just not possible.

Trade for him. Then sign him. What do you you think the Lakers are doing?

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 06:23 PM
He has said countless times he wanted to come here, you expect him just to forget that?

You just expect the NBA to forget that the Knicks have already used their amnesty clause?

BigCityofDreams
08-27-2012, 06:23 PM

You're correct teams over the apron can not do sign and trades next yr.

STOP being so pessimistic. if lakers lose in the second round he is gone. and CP3 knows what he is doing. ALL THE TIME.

Not being pessimistic it's about looking at the situation and being logical. It would have to be really bad for Dwight to leave LA. By bad I mean miss PS and Kobe being a complete b**ch about the situation.

CP3 is not coming to NY. That ship sailed when they traded him to the Clippers.

Raidaz4Life
08-27-2012, 06:24 PM

That is a huge "if", If the Clippers win the championship then CP3 will stay. (See what I did there?)

As I said, both players have better teams around them right now than anywhere else if they left. Neither team has to face the Heat until the finals. There is no reason for either of them to leave their current situations except maybe Dwight if the Lakers found a way to spontaneously combust.

BigCityofDreams
08-27-2012, 06:26 PM

Knicks can not do sign and trades next yr. It's one of the new rules of the CBA for teams over the apron.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 06:27 PM

What do you have to offer that you think the Clippers (whom CP3 hasn't said a word that he wouldn't resign) would want?

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 06:31 PM
Its not a sign & trade its a trade, wait for the offseason and resign. We would have his BIRD RIGHTS. it has nothing to do with amnesty,s&t or any of that. Its ignorant that i have to keep repeating myself.

BigCityofDreams
08-27-2012, 06:34 PM
Why would the Clippers trade Cp3 to the Knicks. They have no intent on doing that unless Paul wants out and he doesn't.

zB_#85
08-27-2012, 06:35 PM
Its not a sign & trade its a trade, wait for the offseason and resign. We would have his BIRD RIGHTS. it has nothing to do with amnesty,s&t or any of that. Its ignorant that i have to keep repeating myself.

so you think they're trading for him this year before the deadline and before he his deal expires?

there's a hole in that theory too, the fact that the Clippers WILL NOT trade him. They'll let him test FA and challenge him to walk away from the extra money they can offer with birds.

it's not logical to believe this will happen man. I admire your blind optimism though :)

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 06:36 PM

Trade what exactly for him?

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 06:37 PM
i am saying he will force his way to NY

:mad:

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 06:39 PM
i am saying he will force his way to NY

Oh ok. And again, for the Clippers to grant his wish, what would NY trade for him? Why wouldn't the clippers just let him play out the season and offer him more money than anyone else can than take the garbage from NY.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 06:39 PM
Amare/Felton/Kidd/Brewer/2013 pick/15,000,000$
for
Chris Paul/Grant Hill

ThunderousDemon
08-27-2012, 06:41 PM
for
Chris Paul/Grant Hill

:laugh2:

smiddy012
08-27-2012, 06:41 PM

x2

Raidaz4Life
08-27-2012, 06:42 PM
for
Chris Paul/Grant Hill

Do you know how trades work?

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 06:44 PM
for
Chris Paul/Grant Hill

Cool. Maybe then the Bulls can get Dwight from the Lakers for Hinrich, Rip Hamilton, and 13,500,000.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-27-2012, 06:45 PM
Do you know how trades work?

Probably. But he's clearly trolling.

Raidaz4Life
08-27-2012, 06:47 PM
Probably. But he's clearly trolling.

I considered that but the whole sig link has me convinced he actually thinks its possible for CP3 to become a knick.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 06:48 PM
FINE. replace JKidd with SHUMPERTand JR smith. I am that serious. ADD a THIRD TEAM to the deal.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 06:49 PM
do you think LA clippers GM is THAT smart?

#1chickhearnfan
He is convinced it's going to happen, yet failing to convince everyone else

UPRock
Dude are you kidding me? He's not going there, they don't have the assets nor Cap Space so give it up, and no one wants J-Kidd.

UPRock
08-27-2012, 06:50 PM
do you think LA clippers GM is THAT smart?

Well he's a rich mother****er, so that answers your question.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-27-2012, 06:52 PM
I considered that but the whole sig link has me convinced he actually thinks its possible for CP3 to become a knick.

Funny though that the link has nothing to do with the Knicks.

It's a highlight package with half being the Knicks and half being Paul.

Gibby23
08-27-2012, 06:54 PM

You do know that players want to play for the Lakers, even if they suck, the lakers will always have stars wanting to come and be the next face of the franchise. This isn't a team like the Clippers or Miami we are talking about, it the LA Lakers. They don't need to get a bunch of good players together to make stars want to join. They just have to have Lakers on the jerseys and players will want to play for them. If the Lakers had Cap space 2 years ago, lebron would be a Laker.

Raidaz4Life
08-27-2012, 06:58 PM

My point was that I don't think he knows how to troll. Its probably a young knicks fan who is in denial about the fact that Chris Paul to NY ended as soon as he was traded to LA.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 06:59 PM

Did you READ the title? And do you think we'd be having this conversation if he said, I WANT TO BE A KNICK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD. KNICKS OR BUST! but he only said it at Carmelo's wedding. He requested 2 trades to the Knicks. Are You forgetting this?

SteBO
08-27-2012, 06:59 PM
You do know that players want to play for the Lakers, even if they suck, the lakers will always have stars wanting to come and be the next face of the franchise. This isn't a team like the Clippers or Miami we are talking about, it the LA Lakers. They don't need to get a bunch of good players together to make stars want to join. They just have to have Lakers on the jerseys and players will want to play for them. If the Lakers had Cap space 2 years ago, lebron would be a Laker.
The Clippers is one thing, but Miami is another. The Heat franchise is one of the most well-run franchises in the league.

I'm not convinced of that at all in regards to LeBron, just because of who he is and who he's best friends with; the latter being the biggest reason why he definitely wouldn't have been a Laker. But I wholeheartedly agree that the Lakers are a team that many stars in this league would consider. I didn't mention that in my initial post, but I'm very much aware of it.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 07:02 PM
My point was that I don't think he knows how to troll. Its probably a young knicks fan who is in denial about the fact that Chris Paul to NY ended as soon as he was traded to LA.

I am not in denial about it. I actually enjoy the team we have now. But you cant forget when he requested trades to the knicks twice. i am not saying he will come i am saying, that it is very possible.

BigCityofDreams
08-27-2012, 07:02 PM
Did you READ the title? And do you think we'd be having this conversation if he said, I WANT TO BE A KNICK SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO BAD. KNICKS OR BUST! but he only said it at Carmelo's wedding. He requested 2 trades to the Knicks. Are You forgetting this?

He did want to be a Knick but things have changed.

SteBO
08-27-2012, 07:03 PM
Yeah, and Dwight requested a trade to BKN & what happened? Not everything you read or hear comes to fruition dude. Why do you think it was such a shock to almost everyone on this board that Dwight got traded to the Lakers? It was touched on for a time, but then it pretty much disappeared; never to be discussed again until it actually happened. It's why free agency is so addicting. You just never know......

You've continued to gloss over your teams' financial issues and assets or lack there of, while letting off your clear cut opinion as "fact". This is all speculation, which is pretty much what this thread is.

Cal Bear 23
08-27-2012, 07:10 PM
Dwight just bought a $20M Mega Mansion in LA...he ain't goin nowhere.:clap:

Raps08-09 Champ
08-27-2012, 07:11 PM

That was when he was on the Hornets and he wasn't on the Clippers yet. Now that he's on the Clippers (a better team and a better situation), why would he leave for a dysfunctional Knicks team?

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 07:12 PM
"People only request trades, make moves... I think its just guys wanting to win."
"Everything I do, its driven by my desire to win, and nothing I do, is money driven or market driven."
"At the end of the day, I...I want to win. and I dont want to win, YEARS from now, I want to win now."
"Hey Melo, Congrats, and maybe someday, we can make our own Big 3, in NY."
-Chris Paul

BigCityofDreams
08-27-2012, 07:27 PM
All of those comments are from 2 yrs ago.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 07:30 PM
I am not in denial about it. I actually enjoy the team we have now. But you cant forget when he requested trades to the knicks twice. i am not saying he will come i am saying, that it is very possible.

Kobe requested being traded to the Bulls a few years ago. So does that mean he still wants it to happen?

Dwight requested to be traded to the Nets. Where is he now?

seikou8
08-27-2012, 07:30 PM
"People only request trades, make moves... I think its just guys wanting to win."
"Everything I do, its driven by my desire to win, and nothing I do, is money driven or market driven."
"At the end of the day, I...I want to win. and I dont want to win, YEARS from now, I want to win now."
-Chris Paul

so he is not coming to our team that was last year before he even got traded or knew his future

ThunderousDemon
08-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Well he's a rich mother****er, so that answers your question.

Not everyone that is wealthy is smart.

seikou8
08-27-2012, 07:36 PM

yup every rapper the kardasian family and jr smith

Raidaz4Life
08-27-2012, 07:37 PM
-Chris Paul

And yet the Knicks are in no better position to win than the Clippers.

TheSource
08-27-2012, 07:40 PM
Clippers seem to be going on the right track, even if they don't go as far as they would hope I still think Paul will notice the progression and see the efforts the Clippers are making to build a solid team.

dtmagnet
08-27-2012, 07:41 PM

No, nobody in the NBA believes that. Please just go.

zB_#85
08-27-2012, 07:44 PM

the dude's probably like 12 and hasn't yet learned logic or reason.

Punk
08-27-2012, 07:44 PM
Realistically, I think Paul/Dwight will stay but honestly, I can see both ending up in NY somehow.

ThunderousDemon
08-27-2012, 07:46 PM
Realistically, I think Paul/Dwight will stay but honestly, I can see both ending up in NY somehow.

You say that you realistically think Paul and Dwight will stay, but honestly, you could see them both ending up in NYC, but only in a unrealistic situation?

shep33
08-27-2012, 07:47 PM
Not trying to be mean, but there is no way that the Knicks can get CP3 next year.

Even if you somehow magically got rid of Amare's contract (no amnesty left), Chandler, Melo, Jkidd, Felton, Novak, Smith and Shumpert alone put them at 52 mill. Just don't see it happening.

seikou8
08-27-2012, 07:48 PM

both paul a little but both with what cap space and what assets to trade

floater
08-27-2012, 07:49 PM

:facepalm:

2-ONE-5
08-27-2012, 07:50 PM

please expalin. bcuz the majority of the league from what ive read said its as close to a guarntee as u can get that CP will stay in LAC

ThunderousDemon
08-27-2012, 07:52 PM

This has to be one of the dumbest ****ing posts ever.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 07:52 PM

look up "95 percent of owners still think Paul will make his way to New York." Which is every owner besides the Clippers.dont be that guy. Just don't.

Raidaz4Life
08-27-2012, 07:55 PM
look up "95 percent of owners still think Paul will make his way to New York." Which is every owner besides the Clippers.dont be that guy. Just don't.

Where is this exactly?

And you have still yet to give us a way its even possible.

shep33
08-27-2012, 07:55 PM
Won't happen. The Knicks don't have Mitch Kupchak

dtmagnet
08-27-2012, 07:57 PM

Its too late, you're already "that guy" along with DoMeFavors.

seikou8
08-27-2012, 07:57 PM
Not trying to be mean, but there is no way that the Knicks can get CP3 next year.

Even if you somehow magically got rid of Amare's contract (no amnesty left), Chandler, Melo, Jkidd, Felton, Novak, Smith and Shumpert alone put them at 52 mill. Just don't see it happening.

aren't the takers like 20 mil over the cap

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-27-2012, 07:58 PM

First off, if 95 percent of the owners think that it's more than just Sterling believing he stays in LAC. Secondly, I googled that and the first result was this very post I'm replying to which means what you said never happened.

ThunderousDemon
08-27-2012, 07:58 PM

:ouch: You've been grouped in with the likes of DoMeFavors.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 07:59 PM
Now I feel dead inside. Thank You PSD users!

seikou8
08-27-2012, 07:59 PM
oops way more thathttp://www.hoopsworld.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary/

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 08:03 PM
Ok, Ok I take back everything I said! PLEASE DONT PUT ME WITH DOMEFAVORS I BEG OF YOU ALL!

Hardaway Here
08-27-2012, 08:04 PM
yup every rapper the kardasian family and jr smith

I give you the kardashians and jr smith but not every rapper. Ice Cube, Mos Def, Talib Kweli are all fairly intelligent rappers just to name a few. Don't generalize the term rapper like they are all one person that is just ignorant

WAYNEBO
08-27-2012, 08:05 PM
Either way I'm happy... Clips are my 2nd fav team. However, it is plausible that if the Clips don't make the playoffs or do well in them this upcoming year, CP3 could force a trade to NY or threaten leaving as a FA. The Clips would rather take something than nothing, and a healthy STAT (given he has a bounce back year) and his 2 remaining years are easier to swallow. And don't argue that DeAndre Jordan is a legit 5... cuz he is NOT.

seikou8
08-27-2012, 08:06 PM
I give you the kardashians and jr smith but not every rapper. Ice Cube, Mos Def, Talib Kweli are all fairly intelligent rappers just to name a few. Don't generalize the term rapper like they are all one person that is just ignorant

the rapper part was a joke i live in bronx i know better

floater
oops way more thathttp://www.hoopsworld.com/los-angeles-lakers-team-salary/

this guy apparently has no idea how the nba works

StarvingKnick22
CP3 will never be a Knick. EVER. How does that sound guys???

ThunderousDemon
08-27-2012, 08:07 PM

Whatever you say DoMeFavors jr.

Hardaway Here
08-27-2012, 08:09 PM

that sounds more realistic than saying he will become one anytime soon cuz I just don't see it happening

seikou8
08-27-2012, 08:12 PM
this guy apparently has no idea how the nba works

what wrong with website i didnt say the knicks can sign cp3 i just said the Lakers are over the cap.

floater
08-27-2012, 08:14 PM
what wrong with website i didnt say the knicks can sign cp3 i just said the Lakers are over the cap.

why does the lakers being over the cap matter?

last stand
08-27-2012, 08:15 PM

and? your point

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 08:16 PM
oops I mean look up "NBA Executives still think Chris Paul will Make a move to Knicks" on the bleachreport

meloman1592
08-27-2012, 08:18 PM
The knicks cannot get cp3

JesusNYY_Savior
08-27-2012, 08:18 PM

They could use the stretch clause on amare and sign cp3

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 08:19 PM
Whatever you say DoMeFavors jr.

wise words D12 Fan.
I can play this game too :)

shep33
08-27-2012, 08:20 PM
why does the lakers being over the cap matter?

I have no clue

shep33
08-27-2012, 08:22 PM
The knicks cannot get cp3

Thank you... It'd be cool to see CP3 on the Knicks, but the assets are just not there for a trade (unless it's Melo getting dealt to some team), and they can't sign him without somehow moving Chandler and Stat.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Ok number one we can't get cp3 unless it's via trade or he signs a two year extension. If he signs his max then you can kiss cp3 being a knick goodbeye EVER

Number two the clippers team is not better then the knicks and the clippers will never get out of the second round with that roster. With the likes of the lakers spurs thunder in the west even the nuggets are a better team after the iggy trade

UPRock
08-27-2012, 08:26 PM
oops I mean look up "NBA Executives still think Chris Paul will Make a move to Knicks" on the bleachreport

You know BleacherReport is not a good source at all? Their stories aren't true at all.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 08:29 PM

Bro just stop it:facepalm: If he comes let him come but your just making yourself look dumb :facepalm:

floater
08-27-2012, 08:29 PM

stretch provision is only applicable to contracts signed under the new CBA, so not amare.

UPRock
08-27-2012, 08:32 PM

Well he has a job and most of these owners own companies and all that, they have to be smart to be successful...even a little bit. Anywhore, him saying that the owner is not smart at all, and that he may accept a Chris Paul for Amare Stoudamire its pretty stupid, no one is that DUMB!

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 08:34 PM
:yawn:

UPRock
08-27-2012, 08:37 PM
Ok number one we can't get cp3 unless it's via trade or he signs a two year extension. If he signs his max then you can kiss cp3 being a knick goodbeye EVER

Number two the clippers team is not better then the knicks and the clippers will never get out of the second round with that roster. With the likes of the lakers spurs thunder in the west even the nuggets are a better team after the iggy trade

How you know that? That Clippers team best shooting guard didn't play most of the season and didn't play at all in the playoffs, it could've been a lot different without the injuries. They can beat San Antonio in the playoffs, and the Nuggets as well, hell even the Thunders with a healthy Griffin, this year core and Westbrook playing like Westbrick.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 08:39 PM
I just got one question what makes the clippers roster so great ? I mean if they played in the east yeah but out west that lineup doesn't impress me :shrug:

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 08:39 PM

Clippers just made it to the 2nd round. Let us know when the Knicks get out of the 1st round.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 08:43 PM
How you know that? That Clippers team best shooting guard didn't play most of the season and didn't play at all in the playoffs, it could've been a lot different without the injuries. They can beat San Antonio in the playoffs, and the Nuggets as well, hell even the Thunders with a healthy Griffin, this year core and Westbrook playing like Westbrick.

:facepalm: AN old *** billups who is a defensive liability. Westbrook would have dropped 40 on him all day. Idk why people are overrating this team so much. Ther bench isn't so great outside of blake and cp3 who do they have. Please somebody tell me maybe i'm missing something.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 08:45 PM
I just got one question what makes the clippers roster so great ? I mean if they played in the east yeah but out west that lineup doesn't impress me :shrug:

So because they play in the WC, their roster isn't impressive, but if they were in the EC it would be impressive?

floater
08-27-2012, 08:46 PM

guess this makes it easy to write off the knicks

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 08:48 PM
Clippers just made it to the 2nd round. Let us know when the Knicks get out of the 1st round.

Bro i'm not trolling. I'm being serious the lakers have a big 4.The spurs and nuggets both are the deepest teams in the league.The thunder have durant and westbrook.I don't see the clippers ever getting out the second round. That's ther ceiling

Cal827
08-27-2012, 08:49 PM
:facepalm: AN old *** billups who is a defensive liability. Westbrook would have dropped 40 on him all day. Idk why people are overrating this team so much. Ther bench isn't so great outside of blake and cp3 who do they have. Please somebody tell me maybe i'm missing something.

Bench:

Bledsoe
Crawford
Hill
Odom
Turiaf

That's not impressive? lol

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 08:53 PM
Bro i'm not trolling. I'm being serious the lakers have a big 4.The spurs and nuggets both are the deepest teams in the league.The thunder have durant and westbrook.I don't see the clippers ever getting out the second round. That's ther ceiling

And most people outside of NY don't see the Knicks getting out of the 1st round. That is basically their ceiling. Melo and Stat take up nearly 70% of the cap space this season, 76% of the cap next year, and 82% the following year. What is the Knicks ceiling?

I'm not trolling either, I'm being serious.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 08:54 PM
So because they play in the WC, their roster isn't impressive, but if they were in the EC it would be impressive?
Yeah do you live under a rock.THE EAST IS EASIER THEN THE WEST:facepalm:

guess this makes it easy to write off the knicks
Again why are you guys so insecure about your team and just attacking mine:facepalm: I've already said i'm not trolling it's a legitamate question why do you guys feel the clippers roster can compete with the big boys out west. This isn't a knicks vs clippers thing:facepalm:

Cal827
08-27-2012, 08:55 PM
Yeah do you live under a rock.THE EAST IS EASIER THEN THE WEST:facepalm:

Well that is true. This year it's gonna be a cakewalk for Miami lol

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 09:00 PM
Bench:

Bledsoe
Crawford
Hill
Odom
Turiaf

That's not impressive? lol

bledsoe hell yes he's a beast
crawford ofcourse but he sucks on defense so ok
hill no he's old as grass but i guess it could be worse so i say ok
odom now this one is crazy did you guys see this dude on the mavs last year he's done
Turiaf he sucks he couldn't even get pt on the heat who have no center
Deandre jordan he sucks as a big he's good at defense but not great and you can't play him in the fourth because he just can't make a freethrow

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 09:02 PM
Well that is true. This year it's gonna be a cakewalk for Miami lol

Exactly i don't even see my knicks making to much noise with miami still having their big 3. I'm just happy if we make it to the ecf.

Two-3
08-27-2012, 09:03 PM
dwight stays paul to ny

UPRock
08-27-2012, 09:06 PM

He was playing great before he got injured. Chris Paul would've guarded Westbrook and Paul is one of the best defensive guards in the league. They have one of the deepest, if not the deepest bench in the league. They have a good defensive small forward that can still score, one of the best shooters in the game in Billups and one of the best defensive centers in Jordan. They have the best point guard in the game and one of the best power forwards, and they can coexist in the game, unlike Melo and Amare so stop bashing the Clippers.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 09:08 PM
[QUOTE=EastNYLos;23455924]Yeah do you live under a rock.THE EAST IS EASIER THEN THE WEST:facepalm:

Yea, so that reduces the quality of the Clippers roster? It has nothing to do with who is on their team. It only means their road in the playoffs is harder.

UPRock
08-27-2012, 09:12 PM
bledsoe hell yes he's a beast
crawford ofcourse but he sucks on defense so ok
hill no he's old as grass but i guess it could be worse so i say ok
odom now this one is crazy did you guys see this dude on the mavs last year he's done
Turiaf he sucks he couldn't even get pt on the heat who have no center
Deandre jordan he sucks as a big he's good at defense but not great and you can't play him in the fourth because he just can't make a freethrow

Bledsoe: One of the best backup point guards in the league.
Crawford: One of the best sixth man in the league.
Hill: He played good last season and plays defense so I don't know what you're talking about.
Odon: He's not done, he just didn't like his situation in Dallas and was butthurt, but watch him play completely different in L.A. and be among the league most improved players.
Deandre: He doesn't suck as a big, he's just no that good at offense, like Tyson Chandler, but he plays good defense and brings size to the game. He's not good at all at the free throw line, but Chandler is not great either.

justinnum1
08-27-2012, 09:15 PM

lmao!

how will the knicks terminate amare's contract? they already used the amnesty on billups

Hardaway Here
08-27-2012, 09:18 PM

Not a clipper fan or a Knick hater but I wouldn't say the Clippers will never get out of the 2nd round. Same way I wouldn't say Knicks will never make it out of the first still waiting to see that happen btw. Regardless though to say its never going to happen is ignorant. They have a team capable of doing it and unexpected things always happen (injuries), just ask Rose and the Bulls.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 09:22 PM
He was playing great before he got injured. Chris Paul would've guarded Westbrook and Paul is one of the best defensive guards in the league. They have one of the deepest, if not the deepest bench in the league. They have a good defensive small forward that can still score, one of the best shooters in the game in Billups and one of the best defensive centers in Jordan. They have the best point guard in the game and one of the best power forwards, and they can coexist in the game, unlike Melo and Amare so stop bashing the Clippers.

LMAO.... Where do I start. Ok if cp3 guard westbrook which he can cp3 is a beast .Then who guards harden:facepalm: 2nd jordan sucks bro i don't know if you seen him play last year. He can't even play in the fourth because he can't shoot freethrows. Again i've already said my knicks can't compete with the heat so i'm not just bashing the clippers. I'm just being real how can you guys compete with the big boys out west.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 09:26 PM
LMAO.... Where do I start. Ok if cp3 guard westbrook which he can cp3 is a beast .Then who guards harden:facepalm: 2nd jordan sucks bro i don't know if you seen him play last year. He can't even play in the fourth because he can't shoot freethrows. Again i've already said my knicks can't compete with the heat so i'm not just bashing the clippers. I'm just being real how can you guys compete with the big boys out west.

They probably can't compete with the Lakers or Thunder. You are right. There's really only 3 realistic contenders right now in this league. But they are still going to try. What's the point you are trying to get across?

JesusNYY_Savior
08-27-2012, 09:28 PM

stretch provision is only applicable to contracts signed under the new CBA, so not amare.
Oh yeah, forgot about that.. Good looks

UPRock
08-27-2012, 09:33 PM

Who guards Harden? Billups, he's not a Steve Nash you know, he's strong as has size, don't forget about Butler, he's good defensively and will play SG with Hill at SF in some parts of the game. I'm not saying Jordan is great, but he's not bad either. He's good defensively and has size. Last I'm not a Clippers fan, I'm just defending the team because you're saying ignorant things about them.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 09:38 PM
Bledsoe: One of the best backup point guards in the league.
Crawford: One of the best sixth man in the league.
Hill: He played good last season and plays defense so I don't know what you're talking about.
Odon: He's not done, he just didn't like his situation in Dallas and was butthurt, but watch him play completely different in L.A. and be among the league most improved players.
Deandre: He doesn't suck as a big, he's just no that good at offense, like Tyson Chandler, but he plays good defense and brings size to the game. He's not good at all at the free throw line, but Chandler is not great either.

You didn't just compare the dpoy to an overpaid scrub who can't make a dam freethrow or play in the 4th quarter because he is such a liability on the offensive end:facepalm: :punish:

dsonLAL24
08-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Move on.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 09:41 PM
They probably can't compete with the Lakers or Thunder. You are right. There's really only 3 realistic contenders right now in this league. But they are still going to try. What's the point you are trying to get across?

The point i'm trying to make is unless you guys can find a way to compete with the big boys. Cp3 will either sign a shorter extension leave as a free agent or demand a trade.

theLgndKllr35
08-27-2012, 09:44 PM

See James, LeBron

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 10:00 PM
The point i'm trying to make is unless you guys can find a way to compete with the big boys. Cp3 will either sign a shorter extension leave as a free agent or demand a trade.

I'm not a Clippers fan at all, and that is just your speculation.

To this point he has not once indicated that he is going to leave. By him waiting until next summer, it allows himself to sign with LAC for the max money possible instead of re-signing before his contract expires. Nobody will be able to offer him near the amount of money that the Clips can.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 10:19 PM
I'm not a Clippers fan at all, and that is just your speculation.

To this point he has not once indicated that he is going to leave. By him waiting until next summer, it allows himself to sign with LAC for the max money possible instead of re-signing before his contract expires. Nobody will be able to offer him near the amount of money that the Clips can.

LMAO.....If cp3 cared about the money then he would have just stayed on the hornets. You can blame d12 and lebron with all these super teams.Here is a scenario nobody has thaught of yet.What if cp3 signs a two year extension and just goes to the lakers to team up with d12.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 10:28 PM
What people don't get is cp3 never really wanted to be on the clippers.It was the evil plan of the dictator stern who wants both la teams to be good so it brings in more revenue to the league cp3 wanted to be a knick all along.I'm not saying he's going there just making a point. But with that said cp3 never really had any interest in being on the clippers long term.I mean if they make the wcf then that changes everything but it's not happening barring a major injury to one of the elite teams out west and why do people keep thinking he's just going to up and say i hate the clippers i want out .When he still has to play one more season with them.

The goods
08-27-2012, 10:37 PM
I don't see Chris Paul leaving that's a young core they have, but never say never because the clippers will always be the Lakers little brother as long as they stay in L.A. so that could be a reason but still doubtful, Dwight will probably stay we can become a dynasty win a 3 peat and he can send Kobe and Nash out on a great note people don't realize that in 3 year's Kobe,pau,Nash,and artest will be off the books not to mention we still have the amnesty clause,and we will have the money to build Dwight his own team, its the perfect situation for him.

UPRock
08-27-2012, 10:40 PM
You didn't just compare the dpoy to an overpaid scrub who can't make a dam freethrow or play in the 4th quarter because he is such a liability on the offensive end:facepalm: :punish:
Who's comparing him to Chandler? I just said that he's not good at free throws and that Chandler is not good at free throws either. I like how you call Jordan an overpaid scrub when that title was given to Chandler not so long ago also.

What people don't get is cp3 never really wanted to be on the clippers.It was the evil plan of the dictator stern who wants both la teams to be good so it brings in more revenue to the league cp3 wanted to be a knick all along.I'm not saying he's going there just making a point. But with that said cp3 never really had any interest in being on the clippers long term.I mean if they make the wcf then that changes everything but it's not happening barring a major injury to one of the elite teams out west and why do people keep thinking he's just going to up and say i hate the clippers i want out .When he still has to play one more season with them.

Did you know that the Hornets traded him WITH his permission? They didn't want to trade him to a team he didn't want to. I lol'd at the part of Stern being a dictator, he's a dictator because he didn't want the Hornets to be raped? They could've trade him to another team but the Clippers offered what they wanted all along, Draft picks and good young players with potential.

The goods
08-27-2012, 10:47 PM
Who's comparing him to Chandler? I just said that he's not good at free throws and that Chandler is not good at free throws either. I like how you call Jordan an overpaid scrub when that title was given to Chandler not so long ago also.

Did you know that the Hornets traded him WITH his permission? They didn't want to trade him to a team he didn't want to. I lol'd at the part of Stern being a dictator, he's a dictator because he didn't want the Hornets to be raped? They could've trade him to another team but the Clippers offered what they wanted all along, Draft picks and good young players with potential.

With that last statement you made the rockets offer was better the rockets offered a better draft pick and better players scola,martin,and dragic, plus some picks is better than Gordon and a pick especially since Gordon can't stay healthy and wanted to leave.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 10:49 PM

1 How is the dpoy overpaid:facepalm: and chandler actually shoots about 70 % from the freethrow line:facepalm: which is light years ahead of jordan:facepalm:

2 Cp3 only agreed to be traded ther because he had no choice . Stern aka hitler wouldn't trade him to the two teams he wanted to go to like the lakers and knicks.

3 You have proved to me with your asinine statments that you have no knowledge of the nba good day sir.

UPRock
08-27-2012, 10:53 PM
With that last statement you made the rockets offer was better the rockets offered a better draft pick and better players scola,martin,and dragic, plus some picks is better than Gordon and a pick especially since Gordon can't stay healthy and wanted to leave.

No, none of those players are franchise players. Scola is old, Martin is overrated and Dragic is no a franchise changer. Gordon has that potential and is younger. Remember that Gordon wanted to leave IN the offseason, so that's not a valid argument because that happened way after the trade, and about not staying healthy he's young and when he plays he's better than all the other players you just mentioned.

UPRock
08-27-2012, 10:57 PM
1 How is the dpoy overpaid:facepalm: and chandler actually shoots about 70 % from the freethrow line:facepalm: which is light years ahead of jordan:facepalm:

2 Cp3 only agreed to be traded ther because he had no choice . Stern aka hitler wouldn't trade him to the two teams he wanted to go to like the lakers and knicks.

3 You have proved to me with your asinine statments that you have no knowledge of the nba good day sir.

Dude are you ********? Looks like you began watching basketball not so long ago, because Chandler before his Mavericks/Knicks days was considered an overpaid scrub because he couldn't stay healthy. What I'm saying is that Jordan right now may seem overpaid but he can very well live that contract like Chandler did. And who said that Stern wouldn't let a trade to the Knicks in that time? Stop it please.

JordansBulls
08-27-2012, 10:59 PM
Would have been good had Dwight went to the Clippers and played with CP3.

Cracka2HI!
08-27-2012, 11:02 PM

Thank you so much! I knew this thread would be filled with non-sense and it only took until post 2 to find the worst post! Thanks for the sig quote and saving me 12 pages of reading genius!

UPRock
08-27-2012, 11:03 PM
Would have been good had Dwight went to the Clippers and played with CP3.

I agree with you sir, but the Clippers wouldn't give up Griffin.

Cracka2HI!
08-27-2012, 11:04 PM
On a serious note. If they were to team up and go to the same team, would either be in a better situation? NO!!/thread and all threads after this. Just stop it.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 11:04 PM
LMAO.....If cp3 cared about the money then he would have just stayed on the hornets. You can blame d12 and lebron with all these super teams.Here is a scenario nobody has thaught of yet.What if cp3 signs a two year extension and just goes to the lakers to team up with d12.

Actually no. The team that can offer him the most money is the team that owns his bird rights, which is LAC. His contract had a few years left on it, so NO could have only offered him the most money if CP3 was still on the team and his contract was up, as it will be next summer.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 11:10 PM
Dude are you ********? Looks like you began watching basketball not so long ago, because Chandler before his Mavericks/Knicks days was considered an overpaid scrub because he couldn't stay healthy. What I'm saying is that Jordan right now may seem overpaid but he can very well live that contract like Chandler did. And who said that Stern wouldn't let a trade to the Knicks in that time? Stop it please.

LMAO.... so your basing your argument on chandler from like 4 years ago but i'm ********:facepalm: You said it yourself he wasn't healthy but jordan was for the whole year and still sucked .Outside of a few occasional highlight dunks and blocks and the problem is unless jordan picks his game up next year cp3 is gone.

Cracka2HI!
08-27-2012, 11:12 PM
Chris Paul is not going to turn down a 5 year $100 million contract. He has 1 chance to sign it. Next season with the Clippers. That is the beauty of the new CBA. CP3 is too good of a business man not to re-sign with the Clippers and Donald Sterling is too good of a business man not to pay him that HUGE contract. Those are facts. Anything else being posted in NON-SENSE!!!

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 11:13 PM
Actually no. The team that can offer him the most money is the team that owns his bird rights, which is LAC. His contract had a few years left on it, so NO could have only offered him the most money if CP3 was still on the team and his contract was up, as it will be next summer.

He could have just stayed on the hornets until then whats your point :shrug:

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 11:14 PM
Chris Paul is not going to turn down a 5 year $100 million contract. He has 1 chance to sign it. Next season with the Clippers. That is the beauty of the new CBA. CP3 is too good of a business man not to re-sign with the Clippers and Donald Sterling is too good of a business man not to pay him that HUGE contract. Those are facts. Anything else being posted in NON-SENSE!!!

You sound deperate bro just stop it:facepalm:

Cracka2HI!
08-27-2012, 11:22 PM
You sound deperate bro just stop it:facepalm:

LOL! Give me an intelligent way CP3 goes to the Knicks! Explain to me the way it is going to work with the new CBA!?

agureghian
08-27-2012, 11:27 PM

I have never heard such a thing

Structures
08-27-2012, 11:27 PM
Alright. So let's roll with this delusional idea Knick fans have of CP3 somehow winding up in NY. It would have to happen through a trade, correct? Because Even Chris Paul isn't turning down 25+ million to play anywhere.

But what cracks me up is when Knick fans make up trades that don't include Shumpert and/or Chandler. Do you guys really think the clippers would accept Felton/Kidd and whatever other junk you guys have? At that point they would just let Chris Paul walk and spend the extra cash elsewhere.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 11:30 PM
LOL! Give me an intelligent way CP3 goes to the Knicks! Explain to me the way it is going to work with the new CBA!?

Wow bro when did I ever say he was going to the knicks:facepalm:
Somebody just sounds insecure and he's only turning down 5 mill. When you really look at it.Because he can sign a 4 year 75 mill and then re up for 5 years 100 mill after that. so why are you making a big deal out of 5 mill :facepalm:

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 11:34 PM
Alright. So let's roll with this delusional idea Knick fans have of CP3 somehow winding up in NY. It would have to happen through a trade, correct? Because Even Chris Paul isn't turning down 25+ million to play anywhere.

But what cracks me up is when Knick fans make up trades that don't include Shumpert and/or Chandler. Do you guys really think the clippers would accept Felton/Kidd and whatever other junk you guys have? At that point they would just let Chris Paul walk and spend the extra cash elsewhere.

To be fair most if not all of us knicks fans realize cp3 isn't coming.It's just one idiot who has a man crush on cp3. Who still believes his hubby is coming home :clap:

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 11:35 PM
He could have just stayed on the hornets until then whats your point :shrug:

That you were wrong by saying he could have gotten more money from NO then from the Clippers.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 11:37 PM
That you were wrong by saying he could have gotten more money from NO then from the Clippers.

explain :confused:

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 11:42 PM

explain :confused:

Explain how he could have made more money had he stayed on the Hornets.

Cracka2HI!
08-27-2012, 11:43 PM
Wow bro when did I ever say he was going to the knicks:facepalm:
Somebody just sounds insecure and he's only turning down 5 mill. When you really look at it.Because he can sign a 4 year 75 mill and then re up for 5 years 100 mill after that. so why are you making a big deal out of 5 mill :facepalm:

That wasn't intelligent. Fail.

Structures
08-27-2012, 11:44 PM
To be fair most if not all of us knicks fans realize cp3 isn't coming.It's just one idiot who has a man crush on cp3. Who still believes his hubby is coming home :clap:

True.

Although, I secretly would love to see what a Bledsoe/Shumpert backcourt would look like. So athletic and chaotic on the defensive end :worthy:

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 11:54 PM
Explain how he could have made more money had he stayed on the Hornets.

Wow your speacial. I didn't say more money. I said if he cared about the money he would have stayed on hornets. Because he could have just signed the 5 year 100 mill deal with them.

HOW ABOUT YOU TRY READING NEXT TIME BEFORE YOU SAY DUMB STUFF :clap:

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 11:57 PM
That wasn't intelligent. Fail.

AGAIN I NEVER SAID CP3 WAS COMING TO THE KNICKS
ALL I DID WAS POINT OUT HE IS NOT TURNING DOWN 25 MILLION JUST 5 MILLION IF HE SIGNS WITH ANOTHER TEAM

Pierzynski4Prez
08-27-2012, 11:59 PM
Wow your speacial. I didn't say more money. I said if he cared about the money he would have stayed on hornets. Because he could have just signed the 5 year 100 mill deal with them.

HOW ABOUT YOU TRY READING NEXT TIME BEFORE YOU SAY DUMB STUFF :clap:

Man, how do you not understand this. Am I talking to a child here?

If he was traded to the Bobcats, the Bobcats could offer him the most money. Whatever team he is on when that contract expires can offer him the most money, which at the moment is looking to be the Clippers.

If he cared about only money, he would re-sign with whatever team he is on what his contract is up. It doesn't have to be just the Hornets. The offer would be the same on every team. How do you not get this?

Yet you think I say dumb stuff.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-28-2012, 12:01 AM
ALL I DID WAS POINT OUT HE IS NOT TURNING DOWN 25 MILLION JUST 5 MILLION IF HE SIGNS WITH ANOTHER TEAM

If your numbers are even right, he is turning down 25 million guaranteed dollars. If he signed for 4 years, and it expires in 2017, he is not guaranteed to make any money the following season or sign any contract elsewhere for near that amount. He'll be 32 at that point. He could get injured, his level of play could severely diminish, in which he'd would have left 25 million dollars on the table.

But keep posting in bold, facepalming everybody, even though you are the one looking like a fool.

THE MTL
08-28-2012, 12:02 AM
One can only dream CP3 finds his way to NYC. However I do see them both staying put though. However, Dwight is always an enigma.

waveycrockett
08-28-2012, 12:07 AM
Lakers are old I think he and CP3 jump ship to ATL. I dont see CP3 staying under the worst owner in pro sports for much longer.

Cracka2HI!
08-28-2012, 12:07 AM

OK, then I will point out that is the complete opposite of the truth. He would be turning down $25 million to sign with another team. How is 5 years $100 Million not $25 more million than 4 years and $75 million? You think CP3 gets another $20 million contact in 5 years? I also think youre way off. I think another team can offer 4 years and $60 million. I asked for intelligent information. Fail.

juggla53
08-28-2012, 12:08 AM

no you cant, sorry the knicks are not that smart and if they are then why havent they won a title in going on 40 years?

the lakers are so far ahead of the knicks in every aspect of actual basketball operations and success its not even funny, how often do you see a team acquire a star player like carmelo and proceed to get worse?

i understand its hard to be a knicks fan and consistantly hear rumors of big time stars then supposedly want to come to your team, and then when it finally does happen (carmelo) the team still sucks.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-28-2012, 12:09 AM
OK, then I will point out that is the complete opposite of the truth. He would be turning down $25 million to sign with another team. How is 5 years $100 Million not $25 more million than 4 years and $75 million? You think CP3 gets another $20 million contact in 5 years? I also think youre way off. I think another team can offer 4 years and $60 million. I asked for intelligent information. Fail.

Not going to find it here.

EastNYLos
08-28-2012, 12:09 AM

If he was traded to the Bobcats, the Bobcats could offer him the most money. Whatever team he is on when that contract expires can offer him the most money, which at the moment is looking to be the Clippers.

If he cared about only money, he would re-sign with whatever team he is on what his contract is up. It doesn't have to be just the Hornets. The offer would be the same on every team. How do you not get this?

COOL STORY BRO
The point i was trying to make is he would have never requested a trade from no if he didn't care about winning. He could have just stayed on the hornets and made the same money. Now if he doesn't think he can compete with the elite teams out west. THEN HE WILL LEAVE THE CLIPPERS AND TAKE A 5 MILL PAYCUT TO WIN SOMEWHERE ELSE

Cracka2HI!
08-28-2012, 12:13 AM

hahaha, we're having the same stupid argument with this joker!

Pierzynski4Prez
08-28-2012, 12:16 AM

Gotta just ignore at this point.

EastNYLos
08-28-2012, 12:17 AM

WOW.... So how come deron was offered 4 years 75 mill from the mavs:facepalm: Again you sound desperate insulting my inteligence because of your insecurities of your star player leaving.Ofcourse cp3 will get another big pay day at 32 or w/e age you said. Kobe is getting paid almost 30 mill at that age now. I don't think cp3 is scared of not getting that money. But he is scared of never winning a title with your team. So unless you guys do great this year kiss cp3 goodbye. No matter how much you try to use money over winning as your logic:facepalm:

UPRock
08-28-2012, 12:19 AM

That guy doesn't like the Clippers and isn't smart, that's what I learned.

Cracka2HI!
08-28-2012, 12:23 AM
That guy doesn't like the Clippers and isn't smart, that's what I learned.

Ok cool, thanks. I'll stop lowering myself to that level.

EastNYLos
08-28-2012, 12:23 AM

Hey hey hey now guys don't get your panties in a bunch. I'm just stating my nonbiased opinion in how i feel of the situation. You guys don't have to respond if you don't like it. But this is a sports forum so stop getting so butthurt when somebody speaks ther mind or doesn't agree with your beyond homer opinion on why cp3 will resign good day sirs:clap:

LA_Raiders
08-28-2012, 01:54 AM
They will stay put they get more $$$ and play in LA... No brainer... Both are Top 4 Teams in the West...

waveycrockett
08-28-2012, 02:41 AM
They will stay put they get more $$$ and play in LA... No brainer... Both are Top 4 Teams in the West...

How is it a no brainer when one team is OLD and the other has the worst owner in pro sports? And the $$ difference is $5 Mill which is nothing to these guys.

Dade County
08-28-2012, 02:54 AM
WOW.... So how come deron was offered 4 years 75 mill from the mavs:facepalm: Again you sound desperate insulting my inteligence because of your insecurities of your star player leaving.Ofcourse cp3 will get another big pay day at 32 or w/e age you said. Kobe is getting paid almost 30 mill at that age now. I don't think cp3 is scared of not getting that money. But he is scared of never winning a title with your team. So unless you guys do great this year kiss cp3 goodbye. No matter how much you try to use money over winning as your logic:facepalm:

I would start off by saying... All New York Knicks/Jets fans can eat crow; ok.

I agree with you here, if Cp3 doesn't have a good year with the Clippers he might walk away as a free agent; by me saying this, the league knows that too.

NBA = Entertainment will happen this year for the Clippers... They will be in the WCF or the Finals this year. The league knows if Cp3 walks, Griffin can't do it on his own, at this stage of his career. The Clippers being contenders is very good for the NBA, WHY you ask... Cash Cow Griffin:D

This half white half black guy is on every kid poster all through middle america...

So if stern doesn't step in and make the refs do what they do, Cp3 walks and he goes to a team that gives him an above average chance of winning a ring or two.

Howard:

Howard stays with the Lakers or forces his way to the Nets... Laker fans might be hyping up Lopez soon :laugh2: lol

And the wild card is Dallas getting both Cp3 and Howard, with Dirk having one last chance to get another RING vs the HEAT:D

shep33
08-28-2012, 03:05 AM
How is it a no brainer when one team is OLD and the other has the worst owner in pro sports? And the $$ difference is $5 Mill which is nothing to these guys.

LA is a big market, and outside of Dallas, no teams with space next year come close to offering what LA gives them.

Also, the Lakers have nobody outside of Nash under roster two years from now, which also happens to be a massive free agent year. Dwight gets to be the face of the Lakers and bring along anybody he really wants in 2014 and beyond.

If LAL wins a title in the next two years, then I can definitely see Kobe and Pau coming back for a discount ( like KG this past summer).

waveycrockett
08-28-2012, 03:24 AM
LA is a big market, and outside of Dallas, no teams with space next year come close to offering what LA gives them.

Also, the Lakers have nobody outside of Nash under roster two years from now, which also happens to be a massive free agent year. Dwight gets to be the face of the Lakers and bring along anybody he really wants in 2014 and beyond.

If LAL wins a title in the next two years, then I can definitely see Kobe and Pau coming back for a discount ( like KG this past summer).

2014 would only be a big year if LeBron, Melo, Wade, Bosh, Gay, Amar'e all opted out and decided to test free agency. The odds of that happening are ridiculously low. Aside from that the PGs suck in 2014 class. Granger is solid. Thats about it. Unless he's hyped to play with Granger and Channing Frye in 2014 I dont see what he'd be all excited about.

Kevj77
08-28-2012, 04:53 AM
I'm not too sure about Dwight, but if I was Paul I'd stay in LA. The Clippers are on the right track in terms of what they're doing toward their future.
I think they both re-sign. The Clippers have a good young core. Dwight is young enough to compete with this current Lakers squad for championship the next few years and be the main building block for the Lakers post Kobe. Dwight would be the main man on the Lakers and they will do whatever it takes to win championships around him.

It is what they both always wanted being the man on a good team in a big market. We know the Lakers are committed to winning and I think the Clippers are going for it now too.

Badluck33
08-28-2012, 06:33 AM

lol....wut?

4 POINT PLAY LJ
08-28-2012, 08:09 AM
NY city > whole California

StarvingKnick22
08-28-2012, 08:30 AM
^yep

Jroz
08-28-2012, 08:35 AM

Don't pool us all together, anyone thinking that CP3 to the Knicks next year is just a 14 year old or mentally off..Howard stays with the Lakers, Cp3 who knows..but he isn't coming here hah

tebowtime15
08-28-2012, 08:41 AM
They both stay in LA....Why would anyone want to play on the knicks they have the most selfish player in the league in Melo and the rest of the team is garbage. Plus the Heat aren't going anywhere for years I think the west will be easier to come out of for CP3 especially with the direction the Clips are going in.

StarvingKnick22
08-28-2012, 08:45 AM
It be better if Paul came to knicks because the two most valuble cities in America have the best PG and the other has the best Center... Its not that, he will come, its more of a he wants and should come here...

BobbyHillSwag
08-28-2012, 09:00 AM
I dont even want cp3 at this point, id be fine bostrich though.

naps
08-28-2012, 12:46 PM

Lakers have 16 championships and Knicks have exactly what? You gotta be out of your mind. There is 0.00000000001% chance Knicks land CP3. All Knicks have are trash outside of Melo when it comes to offering something in a blockbuster trade. They can't trade for him. Period. They can't sign him as a FA even if they terminate (not sure if they can) Amare's god awful contract ($52 million without Amare's contract). I fail to how else the Knicks can pull off what the Lakers did. Can you enlighten us here or you are just gonna keep acting like a 11 year old?

koreancabbage
08-28-2012, 01:00 PM

how so? I think your youtube clip in your sig should be referring to yourself. this deserves a :facepalm:

StarvingKnick22
08-28-2012, 01:10 PM
how so? I think your youtube clip in your sig should be referring to yourself. this deserves a :facepalm:

press it again. I changed the video for the situation :)

koreancabbage
08-28-2012, 01:19 PM
press it again. I changed the video for the situation :)

i'm glad you can change links on your sig cuz it seems its the most knowledgeable thing you can say and do in this forum. :clap:

LOL so why do you think Amare will be bought out by the end of this season? Do you really think this will happen... like seriously?

WAYNEBO
08-28-2012, 01:43 PM
It's already been mentioned elsewhere, but a darkhorse for CP3's services in 2014 might be the Hawks. ATL is not in salary cap hell as the Knicks are in. I believe he's from Hotlanta, and while Teague is OK, he's not going to get it done with that roster. Josh Smith and Al Horford (when healthy) are a pretty good core.

StarvingKnick22
08-28-2012, 01:46 PM
it basically means that we can just fire him.

StarvingKnick22
08-28-2012, 01:49 PM
Chris Paul was born In North Carolina.

Vampirate
08-28-2012, 03:03 PM
Should CP3 hit free agency, the one team I see that can entice him away from the Clippers are the 76ers.

koreancabbage
08-28-2012, 03:13 PM

ROFL if it was that easy

StarvingKnick22
08-28-2012, 03:23 PM
it is!

IIISSKiLL
08-28-2012, 03:39 PM
CP3 isn't getting passed the lakers or okc in the 2nd round for at least 3 more years

Iron24th
08-28-2012, 03:45 PM
Both will stay.

Sorry haters.

Jesse2272
08-28-2012, 03:58 PM
it is!

are you talking about the stretch provision?
Stat is under 2005 CBA stretch has to be mutual, 2011 is team friendly, wont work

Dade County
08-28-2012, 03:59 PM
CP3 isn't getting passed the lakers or okc in the 2nd round for at least 3 more years

If this is true, then Cp3 should ask the Clippers to trade him now, so they get some value back for him.

JasonJohnHorn
08-28-2012, 03:59 PM
I think they will both stay, but if they do leave, I see them going to Dallas. I'm sorry to all the Knicks fans out there, but I just don't see CP3 playing in a Knicks uni next season.

Jesse2272
08-28-2012, 04:00 PM
I think they will both stay, but if they do leave, I see them going to Dallas. I'm sorry to all the Knicks fans out there, but I just don't see CP3 playing in a Knicks uni next season.

Any realalistic NYK fan gave up on the CP3 dream a long time ago

Rentzias
08-28-2012, 04:18 PM
Money-wise, can ATL do it? And re-sign J. Smith?

RaiderLakersA's
08-28-2012, 04:35 PM
If this is true, then Cp3 should ask the Clippers to trade him now, so they get some value back for him.

I hate to say it, but I think that should be standard operating procedure for all teams. Find out if your player wants to stay. If not, if he balks at an extension, get the ball rolling on a trade. Don't wait, unless you're absolutely sure that the team that you've built around him is championship caliber.

RaiderLakersA's
08-28-2012, 04:39 PM
Money-wise, can ATL do it? And re-sign J. Smith?

I read somewhere that Atlanta only has a signed payroll of about $15M in 2013/14, so yeah, depending on what they offer Smith they should be able to make some moves. That said, they'll probably have to retool in a major way, so ATL management better look to get an early jump on transactions.

RLundi
08-28-2012, 05:08 PM

Wow.

This deserves no response.

Cracka2HI!
08-28-2012, 05:13 PM

ROFL if it was that easy

it is!

Stat is under 2005 CBA stretch has to be mutual, 2011 is team friendly, wont work

No he actually thinks they are just going to cut him and remove him from the payroll, thus creating enough cap space to sign CP3. The best part is I don't think the Knicks would have the cap space even then! This guy is a sig quote waiting to happen!!

Tony_Starks
08-28-2012, 05:16 PM
The only reason both players haven't signed an extension is because they can sign a new contract next season with the same team and make way more money. Im not sure exact numbers but I think around 30 mil more to stay with the same team, part of the new cba as incentive for players to stay with their teams.

No way those guys leave that kind of cash on the table to leave LA. They're on great teams in one of the best markets where they can make the most money.

BobbyHillSwag
08-28-2012, 05:59 PM
dwight aint going anywhere, might as well get that out of your mind. Cp3? I'm not sure but I know he damn sure aint comin to the knicks.

StarvingKnick22
08-28-2012, 06:11 PM
No he actually thinks they are just going to cut him and remove him from the payroll, thus creating enough cap space to sign CP3. The best part is I don't think the Knicks would have the cap space even then! This guy is a sig quote waiting to happen!!

no i never even said that.

StarvingKnick22
08-28-2012, 06:13 PM

You mean like if he retires from injury? Meet me in Central Paark with a plan, ill bring the bat...

RLundi
08-28-2012, 06:32 PM

It's so frustrating when people who honestly have no idea what they are talking about act like they do.

You should do some research before posting something REALLY wrong.

Jesse2272
08-28-2012, 06:45 PM
You mean like if he retires from injury? Meet me in Central Paark with a plan, ill bring the bat...

on my way

Chill_Will_24
08-28-2012, 07:46 PM

Forget the bat. Bring a fire extinguisher and STAT will do all the work. Genius.

EastNYLos
08-28-2012, 09:35 PM
I would start off by saying... All New York Knicks/Jets fans can eat crow; ok.

I agree with you here, if Cp3 doesn't have a good year with the Clippers he might walk away as a free agent; by me saying this, the league knows that too.

NBA = Entertainment will happen this year for the Clippers... They will be in the WCF or the Finals this year. The league knows if Cp3 walks, Griffin can't do it on his own, at this stage of his career. The Clippers being contenders is very good for the NBA, WHY you ask... Cash Cow Griffin:D

This half white half black guy is on every kid poster all through middle america...

So if stern doesn't step in and make the refs do what they do, Cp3 walks and he goes to a team that gives him an above average chance of winning a ring or two.

Howard:

Howard stays with the Lakers or forces his way to the Nets... Laker fans might be hyping up Lopez soon :laugh2: lol

And the wild card is Dallas getting both Cp3 and Howard, with Dirk having one last chance to get another RING vs the HEAT:D

OMG I CAN'T BELIEVE I'M ABOUT TO SAY THIS BUT I'M ACTUALLY AGREEING WITH A HEAT FAN :speechless:

EastNYLos
08-28-2012, 09:37 PM
Forget the bat. Bring a fire extinguisher and STAT will do all the work. Genius.

LAME :facepalm:

Gagan136
08-28-2012, 09:42 PM
I think CP3 will resign, and Dwight will see how the year goes, i think he will re-sign

EastNYLos
08-28-2012, 09:43 PM

Exactly:clap: idk where these guys. Keep coming up with this whole 25 mill thing. When it's just 5 mill :facepalm:

Cracka2HI!
08-28-2012, 11:17 PM

WOW! You are without a doubt my favorite poster right now. Added to sig quote! Keep em coming!!

Cal827
08-29-2012, 12:43 AM

LMAO :laugh:

BKLYNpigeon
08-29-2012, 01:05 AM
i cant believe this is even being discussed.

they both stay where they are in LA.... bird rights. look it up.

plus, Dwight bought a 20million dollar home in LA. i dont think he's leaving.