PDA

View Full Version : Melo 33 in one quarter

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 01:59 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EWEiLaBOzls
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DN9rs6gchwc&feature=relmfu
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UUtwO2Nxyo8&playnext=1&list=PL25179325A6146F4F&feature=results_video

Legendary game, 26 straight points in the Quarter for his team. Also, the announcers were tripping "box and one, triangle and two" had me rolling. AMAZING.

davids22
08-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Melo = GOAT

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 02:11 PM
33 in one quarter against my puppies who were atrocious that year are nowhere near as impressive as LeBron's finish against Detroit in the playoffs all those years ago.

Guy caught absolute fire against a horrible team.

javaid64
08-27-2012, 02:12 PM
33 in one quarter against my puppies who were atrocious that year are nowhere near as impressive as LeBron's finish against Detroit in the playoffs all those years ago.

wow u really do hate melo...

Ill21
08-27-2012, 02:14 PM

Yup

thechom80

You have no idea how bad we were though.

douglas
That sure was a lot of points in a short amount of time!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 02:15 PM

Lol... I could make that argument, and remain upset about it, and say "Kobe scored 81 against an awful team full of D-Leaguers", but I'd be lying to myself.

No matter what way you slice it, it was amazing. He did what only one other great player was able to do, and that was the Iceman. Lol I'd love for people to start saying George wasn't all that now. Some players have trouble scoring in double digits or even one 30 point game, let alone 33 points, in a quarter. That's hard to even do on a video game. Show some respect and give credit where it's due, bro.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 02:16 PM

Because I said LeBron scoring 28 straight in a go home game against the NBA's best defense was more impressive?

Mmkay

javaid64
08-27-2012, 02:18 PM
You have no idea how bad we were though.
yea but how many people can pull that off..or have pulled that kind of performance off.....either you think that was a great performance or your a complete hater

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 02:18 PM
Lol... I could make that argument and remain upset about it, and say Kobe scored 81 against an aweful team full of D-Leaguers.

No matter what way you slice it, it was amazing. Some players have trouble scoring in double digits, let alone 33 points, in a quarter. That's hard to even do on a video game. Show some respect and give credit where it's due, bro.

Did I say it wasn't impressive? I watched that game. We didn't do anything to even remotely attempt to stop him. Still have to make the shots obviously, my point was, are we going to spend all day now looking for awesome displays from various stars now that the T-Mac one went up? That is exactly what this smells like, only I didn't go and create a new thread about it.

Jesse2272
08-27-2012, 02:19 PM

78' Gervin was the last one to put up that many points in a quarter

javaid64
08-27-2012, 02:20 PM
Because I said LeBron scoring 28 straight in a go home game against the NBA's best defense was more impressive?

Mmkay

no because instead of saying that was a great performance you a bring up another better performance in a nonchalant way and shove off what melo did as irrelevant....you come across as a melo hater and i can't be the only one who see's it

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 02:21 PM
BHS, I like that your showing respect, and appreciation for what Melo did that night. Your words will fall on deaf ears, since nobody will listen/care. And those posters will always find a way to turn this positive into a negative.

seikou8
08-27-2012, 02:23 PM
can we have one thread without mentioning lebron god we get it melo is not lebron but lebron isn't the only player in nba

thechom80
08-27-2012, 02:24 PM
yea but how many people can pull that off..or have pulled that kind of performance off.....either you think that was a great performance or your a complete hater

Puzzled at how that makes me a "hater". I simply agreed with Hawk about how god awful our squad was that year. I also agree with the LBJ 28 straight as being more amazing. I didn't say 33 in a quarter is weak and Melo is trash. 33 in a quarter is legit, no doubt.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 02:26 PM
no because instead of saying that was a great performance you a bring up another better performance in a nonchalant way and shove off what melo did as irrelevant....you come across as a melo hater and i can't be the only one who see's it

As I said, because of one thread started this morning on McGrady's feat, should we now just start making new threads to appreciate great performances? That is exactly what this is, a response to the other one, with "oh, look at my guy though".

I could really care less if some think I am an anything hater. You are more than welcome to prove it, good luck. If speaking rationally about someone is hate, by all means, I hate it up

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 02:26 PM

Mmkay

And, Jordan's "shot" in game 5, 1989, against the Cavs to advance, was more impressive then that, so what's your point? We can play this game all day. Come on Hawk, your one of the best posters on this website, honestly, I don't expect this kind of ignorance from you. I understand the Wolves are you're squad, but as someone who loves the game of basketball, should be able to put your emotions aside and recognize what Melo did that night was special. We witnessed history.

javaid64
08-27-2012, 02:27 PM
Puzzled at how that makes me a "hater". I simply agreed with Hawk about how god awful our squad was that year. I also agree with the LBJ 28 straight as being more amazing. I didn't say 33 in a quarter is weak and Melo is trash. 33 in a quarter is legit, no doubt.

srry i implied that hawkeye was a hater, not you...i've been on the posters long enough and never witnessed a positive word of melo from him

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 02:28 PM
78' Gervin was the last one to put up that many points in a quarter

I never denied its record, simply pointing out that I was more impressed by another similar feat. Hell, Reggie's quick scoring rivaled McGrady's, but it wasn't enough for me to mention it.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 02:29 PM
srry i implied that hawkeye was a hater, not you...i've been on the posters long enough and never witnessed a positive word of melo from him

You're not looking at the right posts then. But, typical PSD fan, once they get thier mind made up about another poster, they breeze straight over anything that may cause them to say, "wait, maybe he is fair about the guy".

thechom80
08-27-2012, 02:30 PM

Shouldn't have quoted me then.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
Did I say it wasn't impressive? I watched that game. We didn't do anything to even remotely attempt to stop him. Still have to make the shots obviously, my point was, are we going to spend all day now looking for awesome displays from various stars now that the T-Mac one went up? That is exactly what this smells like, only I didn't go and create a new thread about it.

Your comment sure makes it seem like you aren't all that impressed by it. You kinda just shoving it under the rug, and moving the attention to the fact that "the wolves weren't that good" rather, then how good Melo really is. If the Wolves were that awful, and Melo isn't that good... Why didn't LeBron do that to them specifically? Why didn't Kobe? Why didn't the 14 players that are better then Melo torch the Wolves for 40+, every other night?

That's what everyones saying right? Melo, a fringe top 15? Correct me, if I'm wrong.

BklynKnicks3
the psd melo take over 2nd best player in the league #ballgame

ewing
08-27-2012, 02:31 PM
I with Hawk. Are we going post highlights from every game where the T-Wolves got lit up? :)

KNICKS R BACK
08-27-2012, 02:32 PM
LOL hawkeye sounds especially cranky today... does baby need a bottle? do you need your diaper changed or something? what is it? tell me, you need a nap? your butthurts? LOL

blastmasta26
08-27-2012, 02:33 PM
the psd melo take over 2nd best player in the league #ballgame

:laugh: Second best player?

seikou8
08-27-2012, 02:33 PM
LOL hawkeye sounds especially cranky today... does baby need a bottle? do you need your diaper changed or something? what is it? tell me, you need a nap? your butthurts? LOL

hhahahahahahhahahhhahahahaah ......noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo :D that was corny

seikou8
08-27-2012, 02:35 PM
:laugh: Second best player?

him and the guy in your sig are biggest melo lovers on psd ilike him too and he is on my favorite team but damn

allSUAVE
08-27-2012, 02:38 PM
Hawkeye= hater ..give him some credit guy

Nobody said it was the best performance ever

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 02:39 PM

it's pretty clear you're bitter and the post earlier bringin up lebron pretty much confirms that you driving your agenda a little too much.

thechom80
08-27-2012, 02:44 PM
Hawk is bitter. Yes.

seikou8
08-27-2012, 02:48 PM
116 people really for thread like this

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 02:50 PM
116 people really for thread like this

116 what?

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 02:53 PM
And, Jordan's "shot" in game 5, 1989, against the Cavs to advance, was more impressive then that, so what's your point? We can play this game all day. Come on Hawk, your one of the best posters on this website, honestly, I don't expect this kind of ignorance from you. I understand the Wolves are you're squad, but as someone who loves the game of basketball, should be able to put your emotions aside and recognize what Melo did that night was special. We witnessed history.

It was special. Again, I don't know if it warrants a thread per say, hell, a thread ongoing where we can bring up awesome games/moments/quarters, or whatever sample size we wish, should maybe be started, instead of creating a new one every time we are looking to give a player props. That being said, how many threads are there on a daily basis that could be perceived as interchangeable anyways haha?

I will admit, probably poor timing on when I choose to interject my, "well this was better", but I think if we are talking strictly a player scoring consecutive points, ie, COMPLETE domination, there was a better one recently. It doesn't mean I didn't think this was special. Are you kidding me? I watched it. By mid quarter, I was screaming at my television to double him from end to end. Alas, Randy Whittman didn't hear me...

justinnum1
08-27-2012, 02:54 PM
What does the trophy look like for 33pts in one qtr?

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 02:54 PM
Your comment sure makes it seem like you aren't all that impressed by it. You kinda just shoving it under the rug, and moving the attention to the fact that "the wolves weren't that good" rather, then how good Melo really is. If the Wolves were that awful, and Melo isn't that good... Why didn't LeBron do that to them specifically? Why didn't Kobe? Why didn't the 14 players that are better then Melo torch the Wolves for 40+, every other night?

That's what everyones saying right? Melo, a fringe top 15? Correct me, if I'm wrong.

I guess that is the consensus, but I have always had him a few spots higher. #12-13 sounds about right.

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 02:56 PM
People said Deron needed 56 to beat the Bobcats well Melo needed all that to beat the Twolves

Hawkeye15
I with Hawk. Are we going post highlights from every game where the T-Wolves got lit up? :)

PSD would shut down dude, there isn't enough capacity to post all that quickly. I will counter though, with every Anthony Peeler versus Seattle game I can find (for some reason, this seemingly butt reaming average player became the love child of Larry Bird and Gary Payton whenver we played Seattle).

thechom80

It has a soccer guy on it.

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 02:57 PM

http://images.search.yahoo.com/images/view;_ylt=A2KJkCHvwjtQ0isA2h.JzbkF;_ylu=X3oDMTBlMT Q4cGxyBHNlYwNzcgRzbGsDaW1n?back=http%3A%2F%2Fimage s.search.yahoo.com%2Fsearch%2Fimages%3Fp%3Dmoney%2 6ei%3DUTF-8%26fr%3Dyfp-t-701%26tab%3Dorganic%26ri%3D173&w=1600&h=1244&imgurl=api.ning.com%2Ffiles%2FA7bf-Eo0pPEhXb3c1FNwBVSGOwnWjaOmD1xgYBHKUMKRadIMATKmB4m HYEXYwzjSoyisCTiLXWKFNlyA-cdbbxjzTHAipFo1%2Fbigstockphoto_Stacks_Of_Money__9 43127.jpg&rurl=http%3A%2F%2Fminglecity.com%2Fphoto%2F2322904 %3APhoto%3A46337&size=1+KB&name=bigstockphoto_Stacks_Of_Money__943127+-+Mingle+City&p=money&oid=c6595610fa01e7288fcb41204dbef2c5&fr2=&fr=yfp-t-701&tt=bigstockphoto_Stacks_Of_Money__943127%2B-%2BMingle%2BCity&b=151&ni=176&no=173&ts=&tab=organic&sigr=11for7eb0&sigb=12ts7a00n&sigi=14tuivap2&.crumb=i4wIjdjUpxM

prolly this :cool: fall back boy

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 02:58 PM
it's pretty clear you're bitter and the post earlier bringin up lebron pretty much confirms that you driving your agenda a little too much.

I didn't create the thread, which one is pushing an agenda? If I want to do that, I should just create a few Love threads when he was smashing records...

They would still fall under my complaint here. So why bother?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 02:59 PM

Haha. not gonna lie, this made me laugh. :laugh2:

JiffyMix88
08-27-2012, 03:00 PM
33 points in a quarter is impressive even if it was against a god awful timberwolves team.

Side note: idk if i hated melo more when he became a knick and everyone in NY is boosting him up or when he was just acting like a straight ***** during the 2010-2011 season while playing on a very good denver nuggets team complaing about wanting to play for the knicks....

either way i hate him now

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 03:01 PM
People said Deron needed 56 to beat the Bobcats well Melo needed all that to beat the Twolves

I thought we agreed, that you cannot speak until you win a minimum of 25 games.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 03:04 PM
33 points in a quarter is impressive even if it was against a god awful timberwolves team.

Side note: idk if i hated melo more when he became a knick and everyone in NY is boosting him up or when he was just acting like a straight ***** during the 2010-2011 season while playing on a very good denver nuggets team complaing about wanting to play for the knicks....

either way i hate him now

Your gonna hafta show me specifically what your talkin about... Cuz as far as I can remember, Melo was the most proffesional out of anybody, with his status, saying he wasn't going to resign with the Nugget's.

A "*****" because he told Denver to get peices in return instead of just leaving them butt-naked in the cold? Always answered the questions, "I'ma Denver Nugget right now." Maybe you prefered he made a 1-hour special on ESPN, and not tell anyone where he was going, and screws Denver that way.

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 03:04 PM
I didn't create the thread, which one is pushing an agenda? If I want to do that, I should just create a few Love threads when he was smashing records...

They would still fall under my complaint here. So why bother?

still you. which is why you brought up lebron because you thought I was making this in the response of the tmac thread. Trying to "1 up". Instead of just appreciating it you downplay it in every way that you possibly could without trying to come off as too biased against melo. Nothing wrong, it's just human nature when you like something or dislike something, you're not exempt, no one is.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 03:05 PM
still you. which is why you brought up lebron because you thought I was making this in the response of the tmac thread. Trying to "1 up". Instead of just appreciating it you downplay it in every way that you possibly could without trying to come off as too biased against melo. Nothing wrong, it's just human nature when you like something or dislike something, you're not exempt, no one is.

I would have appreciated it more had it not come at the expense of my team, kill me dude.

xxplayerxx23
I agree with Hawk Lebrons 28 point total was better and :drool: Material but so was this :drool:

BobbyHillSwag

do you know where I can find the full game of this? didnt get to see it.:clap:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 03:06 PM
It was special. Again, I don't know if it warrants a thread per say, hell, a thread ongoing where we can bring up awesome games/moments/quarters, or whatever sample size we wish, should maybe be started, instead of creating a new one every time we are looking to give a player props. That being said, how many threads are there on a daily basis that could be perceived as interchangeable anyways haha?

I will admit, probably poor timing on when I choose to interject my, "well this was better", but I think if we are talking strictly a player scoring consecutive points, ie, COMPLETE domination, there was a better one recently. It doesn't mean I didn't think this was special. Are you kidding me? I watched it. By mid quarter, I was screaming at my television to double him from end to end. Alas, Randy Whittman didn't hear me...

I understand. But, this is why I stay away from the threads "Carmelo" or "Iverson" related, because it just turns into bashing. I can have a debate with you, because you provide insight, and knowledge... but, that's rare when coming into this website unfortunatley.

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 03:07 PM
I thought we agreed, that you cannot speak until you win a minimum of 25 games.

I hope AI comes back to the NBA so you can be a fan of that team

How were your days during Memphis the 2 games he played?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 03:10 PM

Lol... Was that supposed to be an insult? :confused:

I actually enjoyed watching him those few games he played in Memphis. TBH.

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 03:11 PM

Lol love iverson but that was cold blooded lmao. He played 3 games though but they werent too bad :p

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 03:11 PM
Lol... Was that supposed to be an insult? :confused:

I actually enjoyed watching him those few games he played in Memphis. TBH.

No because your now a fan of a team in Nets owned division, we run this division.

seikou8
08-27-2012, 03:12 PM
No because your now a fan of a team in Nets owned division, we run this division.

how so?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 03:14 PM

Uhmm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but C's have run the Atlantic Division. Bro, y'all have a combined 58 wins, in 3 seasons. Y'all Don't run ****.

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Uhmm... Correct me if I'm wrong, but C's have run the Atlantic Division. Bro, y'all have a combined 58 wins, in 3 seasons. Y'all Don't run ****.

Last 10 yrs I think Nets hold the record

seikou8
08-27-2012, 03:16 PM

boom and the last two years 6-1 against the nets

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 03:18 PM
Last 10 yrs I think Nets hold the record

Ok, since you getta go back, 10 years, let's take it back a little further... Google "1973 NBA Champions" and if you wanna be real funny, google, "1970 NBA Champions"

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Fact of the matter this isnt the wussy Western Conference, Melo wont put up a game like this here because in the EAST we go hard, hard fouls, real players. Melo is scared of the EAST you can tell. He goes in the paint he is getting flat out flat.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 03:21 PM
I don't even know why I argue with you and Justinnum1, both of your comments are just full of fallacies. I think I'm getting dumber...

Evolution23
08-27-2012, 03:22 PM

Mmkay

Way to stay on topic bro! Thread is about melo scoring 33 not Lebron. :rolleyes: Are you a mod or a troll?

seikou8
08-27-2012, 03:22 PM
Fact of the matter this isnt the wussy Western Conference, Melo wont put up a game like this here because in the EAST we go hard, hard fouls, real players. Melo is scared of the EAST you can tell. He goes in the paint he is getting flat out flat.

top to bottom the west is better than east

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 03:23 PM

Ok?

The West where you needed 50 wins, to make an 8th seed?

The fact of the matter is you've won 50 games in 3 seasons.

xxplayerxx23
Wussy WC? :confused:. Melo scored 21 in a quater vs Wallace last year :laugh2:

Hawkeye15

What dimension do you live in? I have given up trying to figure you out, you have joined the posters that I will never engage with, for fear of becoming less intelligent about the sport out of literal osmosis.

GiantsSwaGG
08-27-2012, 03:24 PM

Ya girlfriend

seikou8
08-27-2012, 03:25 PM
Wussy WC? :confused:. Melo scored 21 in a quater vs Wallace last year :laugh2:

the first quarter he was feeling it and there were more knicks fans then then nets fans :D

GiantsSwaGG

You've won 50 games in 3 seasons though

DoMeFavors
West has the better teams and all that, but East is where the teams actually hate each other. I cant think of any western teams where games actually matter there isnt bad blood. EAST is much more physical conference. And I can tell you know West teams are scared when they make the road trips here.

BobbyHillSwag
ya girlfriend

invisible :d

KniCks4LiFe
08-27-2012, 03:26 PM
where the hell is this thread going. lmao.

ClearSoulForce
08-27-2012, 03:28 PM
Dirk Nowitzki scored 29 points in the 4th after trailing by 15 in the quarter to beat the Jazz.

That was more impressive.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
the first quarter he was feeling it and there were more knicks fans then then nets fans :D

LOL. The DMF response....

"That's because Carmelo was rested that Day, and Wallace was fighting with his Baby Mama, and when he walked into the arena that day he tripped falling off the bus and was sore so he wasn't as good as he shoulda been. And they only had Lemon-Lime flavor Gatorade, anyone who knows basketball knows, Wallace is amazing when he has Grape Gatorade to rehyrate himself with. And Lopez wasn't playing cuz if he was, Melo wouldn't even have suited up that day, cuz Lopez woulda given him the death stare and Melo woulda been to scared to play"

Hawkeye15
I am sure West teams shake in their boots when they have to head out to the less talented scary eastern conference to get some much needed road wins..

goose14741
08-27-2012, 03:29 PM
Found something to do

AIMelo=KillaDUO
West has the better teams and all that, but East is where the teams actually hate each other. I cant think of any western teams where games actually matter there isnt bad blood. EAST is much more physical conference. And I can tell you know West teams are scared when they make the road trips here.

Lol... Like LeBron, in Cleveland? Wade in Miami, and Bosh in Toronto? Yeah, those teams HATED eachother.

SteBO
Not gonna lie 'Melo was definitely a beast that game. He's had quite a few playoffs games where lit it up as well; Game 4 vs. Miami this past year, Game 2 @Boston in 2011. Definitely impressive. I would've definitely appreciated this thread more had there not been a clear petty agenda to go along with it. Ah well......

xxplayerxx23
East have 6 good teams, West have 10 very good teams. LOL Melos afraid to go inside thats why he posts up just about anybody.

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 03:30 PM

"That's because Carmelo was rested that Day, and Wallace was fighting with his Baby Mama, and when he walked into the arena that day he tripped falling off the bus and was sore so he wasn't as good as he shoulda been. And they only had Lemon-Lime flavor Gatorade, anyone who knows basketball knows, Wallace is amazing when he has Grape Gatorade to rehyrate himself with. And Lopez wasn't playing cuz if he was, Melo wouldn't even have suited up that day, cuz Lopez woulda given him the death stare and Melo woulda been to scared to play"

No Melo is a good offensive player, I dont know why you are downgrading his offensive ability. Stars catch fire and he did, there is nothing you can do about it. Even if Wallace is a good defender its very hard to stop a good offensive player when he is making buckets like that.

SteBO
08-27-2012, 03:31 PM
Still doesn't diminish the fact that the western conference is better.....

KniCks4LiFe
East have 6 good teams, West have 10 very good teams. LOL Melos afraid to go inside thats why he posts up just about anybody.

what? :confused:

BobbyHillSwag
Dirk Nowitzki scored 29 points in the 4th after trailing by 15 in the quarter to beat the Jazz.

That was more impressive.

nuggets were trailing by 12 coming out the half

Evolution23
08-27-2012, 03:32 PM
love how this thread turned into Lebron and Nets talk

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 03:32 PM
Lol... Like LeBron, in Cleveland? Wade in Miami, and Bosh in Toronto? Yeah, those teams HATED eachother.

Yeah it was a lot different back then.

West had the better fueds like Denver/Utah Dallas/SA Lakers/Suns ex

ClearSoulForce
08-27-2012, 03:33 PM
TO BobbyHillSwag:

Dallas was trailing by 15 with about 8 minutes to go in the 4th. No matter how much you love Melo, that was much more impressive.

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 03:33 PM
Not gonna lie 'Melo was definitely a beast that game. He's had quite a few playoffs games where lit it up as well; Game 4 vs. Miami this past year, Game 2 @Boston in 2011. Definitely impressive. I would've definitely appreciated this thread more had there not been a clear petty agenda to go along with it. Ah well......

I hope you are talking about the posters in this thread because it wasnt an agenda driven thread at all, i make these type of threads all the time. Hell I made an appreciation thread for the dude that crossed up harden.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-27-2012, 03:34 PM
Yeah it was a lot different back then.

West had the better fueds like Denver/Utah Dallas/SA Lakers/Suns ex

Uhmm... I thnk you just proved my point? See now your confusing me. I can't **** with you.

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 03:36 PM
TO BobbyHillSwag:

Dallas was trailing by 15 with about 8 minutes to go in the 4th. No matter how much you love Melo, that was much more impressive.

opinions, but I could agree with that.

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 03:37 PM
Western Conference is flat out boring you can tell who is going to win the games, now EAST have most of the stars.

WCF was a borefest this year
ECF was great

even 1 vs 8 seed in EAST is fun to watch Bulls vs Celtics 09

Western Conference is a bore to me. Except Clippers vs Lakers games.

seikou8

:laugh2: melo has going no one can stop him .

CityofTreez

Hell ****ing yeah!

This New Jersey, we go HARD tying our shoes our laces break!

KniCks4LiFe
08-27-2012, 03:40 PM
Western Conference is flat out boring you can tell who is going to win the games, now EAST have most of the stars.

ECF was great

WTH is this even suppose to mean?

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 03:41 PM

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

I havent laughed this hard in a while. kudos to you :clap:

seikou8
08-27-2012, 03:42 PM

i know i was going to respond but ....

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 03:42 PM

That east is harder than west, they have always been compared..in rap game and all that. EAST has always been better.

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 03:43 PM

nothing when you consider 1 vs 8 seed has had upsets two times in the last six years.

CityofTreez
08-27-2012, 03:44 PM
That east is harder than west, they have always been compared..in rap game and all that. EAST has always been better.

I won't deny it. I'm a straight ridah. You don't want to **** with me!

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 03:44 PM

This is getting too petty where it is more than just basketball :rolleyes:

just stop

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 03:45 PM
I won't deny it. I'm a straight ridah. You don't want to **** with me!

Godpac da goat

goose14741
08-27-2012, 03:45 PM
5 min left and he has like 12, hows the next 21 possible? Haha

And be just missed a free throw

seikou8
08-27-2012, 03:47 PM

most titles in last 14 years belong to the west and lakers have more titles the last 14 years the all east teams combined.

KniCks4LiFe
08-27-2012, 03:52 PM

That east? OT but in the rap game when people talk about who'd they kill to have back it's always been Tu-Pac. :cool: And that's California :cool:

As for NBA championships, homie did you not see the dominance the West has had? Other than Jordan's Bulls and The Rondo|KG|Pierce|Allen Celtics ain't nobody messed w/ the West and ended holding the trophy. Come out from under the sun.

Ill21
08-27-2012, 03:55 PM

He dropped 22 in the 1st quarter this season vs the Nets.

xxplayerxx23
08-27-2012, 04:03 PM
:laugh2: The 8-9 seed in the west would be a 5 seed in the east

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 04:10 PM
lets be real though, west is kind of living off of reputation now. They arent much better than the east now. I also got what dome was saying when he said melo couldnt do it against east teams. He meant because east teams are far better defensively then west teams. Although I dont think any player will be doing that any time soon.

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 04:11 PM
That east? OT but in the rap game when people talk about who'd they kill to have back it's always been Tu-Pac. :cool: And that's California :cool:

As for NBA championships, homie did you not see the dominance the West has had? Other than Jordan's Bulls and The Rondo|KG|Pierce|Allen Celtics ain't nobody messed w/ the West and ended holding the trophy. Come out from under the sun.

Your talking early 2000s
04 Pistons beat lakers
08 Celtics beat Lakers
East took control of late 80s and early 90s with Pistons/Bulls

NYKnickFanatic
08-27-2012, 04:13 PM

ECF was great

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDw48rY_nW8

KniCks4LiFe
08-27-2012, 04:18 PM
Your talking early 2000s
04 Pistons beat lakers
08 Celtics beat Lakers
East took control of late 80s and early 90s with Pistons/Bulls

I don't see Larry Brown anywhere do you?
One time. And that was the only exception.
Minus Jordan/Phil/Scottie

That's not even. Homie while the east was Jordan heavy The West and Hakeem, the West and the freaking San Antonio Spurs, Dallas Mavs, LA Lakers. Com'on now. You taking years of dominance for granted.

KniCks4LiFe
08-27-2012, 04:22 PM
I'll give you a better scenerio, if not for Phil Jackson that freak show Phoenix Suns team prbly would have become a dynasty. Because nobody in the East or West was ****ing w/ that team. That's how dominant the West was. East could win an allstar game and such. But when MJ retired it was over for the East championships.

Maybe it continues w/ LeBron, it certainly ain't easy.

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 04:24 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDw48rY_nW8

He said who?

He would have known if he was traded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dtDuOWXKdPc

Bornknick73
08-27-2012, 05:00 PM

Reminds me of my childhood....

Me: Did you see Batman whip the Jokers butt? I cant wait to tune in to the next episode at the same Bat time and channel!!
Lil-1up: Eh, so what, Superman can fly! Batman sucks.

Me: Ok Mr.Smarty, did you see how Tarzan wrestled that lion?
Lil-1up: Bah, Lone Ranger would have shot it!

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 05:02 PM
Reminds me of my childhood....

Me: Did you see Batman whip the Jokers butt? I cant wait to tune in to the next episode at the same Bat time and channel!!
Lil-1up: Eh, so what, Superman can fly! Batman sucks.

Me: Ok Mr.Smarty, did you see how Tarzan wrestled that lion?
Lil-1up: Bah, Lone Ranger would have shot it!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

the lil 1up killed me

Bornknick73
08-27-2012, 05:11 PM
And if Dumars would have drafted Melo he would have seen the Finals a few times already.

Between the end of the Bulls in 98 and the revival of the Celtics in 08 the East was the Finals sacrificial lamb.

If that Pistons squad had Melo instead of Prince they would have given a few west teams a run for thier money.

People **** on Melo for drawing the eventual NBA champions 4 times in the first round out of 7 playoff trips. His rookie year he wasnt getting past KG/Sprewell and Cassel. Injuries to the frontcourt did him in against the Jazz. Thats 6 playoff trips. He lost to the Lakers in the WCF.

The only one I can say where he should have won was against the Clippers in 07.

Injuries destroyed any Knick chances of advancing the last 2 years.

All anyone says is how he cant get out of the first round yet no one takes the circumstances or the opponent into account.

JasonJohnHorn
08-27-2012, 05:14 PM
That was back when Melo was good though. Let's see him do that with James defending him.

Losoway
08-27-2012, 05:15 PM
Melo Top 5

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 05:19 PM
That was back when Melo was good though. Let's see him do that with James defending him.

hell, lets see james do that with melo defending him. Ok have a good day sir. Also, when did melo not become good? Yea he had a bad year but he pretty much finished it very strong to end the year. Even in the playoffs he played well. Besides game 1 he played really good.

JasonJohnHorn
08-27-2012, 05:36 PM
hell, lets see james do that with melo defending him. Ok have a good day sir. Also, when did melo not become good? Yea he had a bad year but he pretty much finished it very strong to end the year. Even in the playoffs he played well. Besides game 1 he played really good.

Were you watching the same playoffs as me? He shot 41% from the field and 22% from behind the arc. The only reason he averaged 27 points is because he was taking so many shots.

As for James, he did go off on the Pistons the first year he made it to the finals and blew the doors off that game in the final quarter and throughout over time against one of the best defensive teams and against one of the best defensive small forwards in the game at the time (Tayshuan Prince).

I don't even like LBJ and even I have to admit that he could go off like that with Melo guarding him. Melo is not exactly a defensive stopper. And James was giving him fits in that series.

And Melo stopped being good when chauncy Billups got amnestied and he started shooting 43% from the field, his lowest FG% since his rookie season. And he posted his lowest rebounds per number in seven seasons. Melo is not what he was.

nyballa1991
08-27-2012, 05:38 PM
ha Melo has had plenty of good games again lebron.. especially when he hit that game winner in his grill:)

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 06:16 PM
Were you watching the same playoffs as me? He shot 41% from the field and 22% from behind the arc. The only reason he averaged 27 points is because he was taking so many shots.

As for James, he did go off on the Pistons the first year he made it to the finals and blew the doors off that game in the final quarter and throughout over time against one of the best defensive teams and against one of the best defensive small forwards in the game at the time (Tayshuan Prince).

I don't even like LBJ and even I have to admit that he could go off like that with Melo guarding him. Melo is not exactly a defensive stopper. And James was giving him fits in that series.

And Melo stopped being good when chauncy Billups got amnestied and he started shooting 43% from the field, his lowest FG% since his rookie season. And he posted his lowest rebounds per number in seven seasons. Melo is not what he was.

Just because you are a good defensive team dont mean you are always playing good defense, why do people fail to get that? seriously do we just scratch the surface of everything? Like I said james wouldnt even do that against melo. He had one bad season mostly because of injuries and then he started playing good again at the end of the year. Also, Melo did well in that miami series, fg%is misleading stop just stop. He shot 3-15 the first game and with only five games of playing would lower his fg%substantially. Are you just gonna ignore that though? I dont mind people trolling Melo, but dont come with that ignorant **** if you're actually being serious.

Punk
08-27-2012, 08:19 PM

LOL

-Kobe's 81 points was against a bad Toronto team.
-LeBron's 56 was against a bad Toronto team
-Shaq's 61 was against a bad Clipper team.
-Wade's 55 points was against a bad Knicks team.
-Kobe's 65 was against a bad Memphis team.
-Jennings 55 points against a bad Golden State team.

The list continues....

-Deron's 57 point game was against a bad Charlotte team.

Get the point? Let's see, Melo had 42 & 17 against Boston, 43 against Miami all playoff games. LeBron had 48 against Detroit, etc.

That doesn't make any other performance any less impressive.

Evolution23
08-27-2012, 09:32 PM
LOL

The list continues....

Get the point? Let's see, Melo had 42 & 17 against Boston, 43 against Miami all playoff games. LeBron had 48 against Detroit, etc.

Preach

Evolution23
08-27-2012, 09:36 PM
ha Melo has had plenty of good games again lebron.. especially when he hit that game winner in his grill:)

yeah but he's an overrated fat chucker

#Shumpert Up
08-27-2012, 09:57 PM
Anytime people doubt melo, this is usually the video i show them ;)

#Shumpert Up
08-27-2012, 10:01 PM

the bobcats had the worst record in the history of the game. the wolves did not. 'nuff said. god you'll jump in to talk about the nets any chance you get. THE NETS ARE IRRELEVANT TO THIS THREAD.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 10:37 PM
LOL

The list continues....

It was against my wounded puppies, be quiet.

Da Knicks
08-27-2012, 11:02 PM

Yup and now it makes a lil more sense to me...

NYKnicks4511
08-27-2012, 11:44 PM

Mmkay

No doubt it was more impressive... but just enjoy Melo going in on your squad dude!

Kashmir13579
08-27-2012, 11:58 PM
Why is this even a thread?

BobbyHillSwag
08-28-2012, 12:32 AM
Why is this even a thread?

because I made this thread. my turn to ask you a question; Why are you posting in this thread without adding anything to the discussion?

JiffyMix88
08-28-2012, 08:06 AM
Your gonna hafta show me specifically what your talkin about... Cuz as far as I can remember, Melo was the most proffesional out of anybody, with his status, saying he wasn't going to resign with the Nugget's.

A "*****" because he told Denver to get peices in return instead of just leaving them butt-naked in the cold? Always answered the questions, "I'ma Denver Nugget right now." Maybe you prefered he made a 1-hour special on ESPN, and not tell anyone where he was going, and screws Denver that way.

that team if it werent for george karl getting cancer they would of been beast in 09-10 season melo made it known to everyone he was gonna sign with the knicks in the off-season by saying he is a denver nugget when being asked questions about it sure that was professional but him and dwight holding the franchises hostage by saying where they would sign during the offseason but yeah melo is a ***** stopped liking him after that **** **** with the trade, but i see your a melo fan so you would get touchy talking about your dream date

BklynKnicks3
08-28-2012, 08:34 AM
legendary bully

BobbyHillSwag
08-28-2012, 08:40 AM
that team if it werent for george karl getting cancer they would of been beast in 09-10 season melo made it known to everyone he was gonna sign with the knicks in the off-season by saying he is a denver nugget when being asked questions about it sure that was professional but him and dwight holding the franchises hostage by saying where they would sign during the offseason but yeah melo is a ***** stopped liking him after that **** **** with the trade, but i see your a melo fan so you would get touchy talking about your dream date

no dwight was playing games, melo straight out told them. Nuggets knew melo wanted to play for knicks from the beginning he just wanted them to get something back.

JiffyMix88
08-28-2012, 10:25 AM
no dwight was playing games, melo straight out told them. Nuggets knew melo wanted to play for knicks from the beginning he just wanted them to get something back.

still both are dicks the nuggets team was in the western conference two years prior and only towards the end of the 09-10 did the team fall apart with out karl no one said dwight wasnt playing games:confused:(until he acted like a ***** and had surgery he didn't really need) but they both put their franchises in horrible positions by being in their contract year and and straight up told everyone who they wanted and were gonna play for in the future both people are DICKS! but thats just my opinion

Gram
08-28-2012, 11:16 AM

I hate him too. :shrug:

Jabears85
08-28-2012, 11:44 AM
Yup

LeBron sucks Dwades D*** and licks Chris Bosh's A hole

....At least melos not sell out

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 12:49 PM

Held them hostage? Denver had options... They chose to wait that long to trade him. They got a good deal in return, so answer my question. What do you think Melo should have done differently? Should he have done what LeBron did? Or how about what Dwight did?

bucketss
08-28-2012, 12:55 PM

cool, now say it again but this time in english:facepalm:

meloman1592
08-28-2012, 01:03 PM

Now that's what I call a post

meloman1592
08-28-2012, 01:04 PM
So Denver got a good deal in the trade and people still say Melo held them hostage? Idiots

koreancabbage
08-28-2012, 01:15 PM

Hey man, Melo is a douche and not a champion.

asking to be traded in contract is worse than Lebron joining forces with others as a free agent. they way he did it was as douchy as Melo asking to leave.

only difference is, Lebron is an NBA championship winner and Finals MVP. 3 Finals appearances more than Melo. Right now you can't even compare Melo and Lebron. Melo is so far behind, career wise (and if he continues this trend), that these 33 points will not even matter later in the future other than "fun facts"

smith&wesson
08-28-2012, 01:37 PM
Melo is a top 3 scorer in the league imo...

Hawkeye15
08-28-2012, 01:38 PM
Melo is a top 3 scorer in the league imo...

I just never get this statement honestly. No matter what skillset a person has, his results are how he should be rated at something.

DoMeFavors
08-28-2012, 01:47 PM
Well its not like Melo is a good soul he laughed with his boys who said they would lynch Larry Brown, he had his friend take the blame for having possession of weed which would have caused him to be suspended and therefore not win the NCAA championship. He punched Jared Jeffries or someone and ran away he looked pathetic.

The guy is not likeable.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 01:56 PM
So Denver got a good deal in the trade and people still say Melo held them hostage? Idiots

I don't get it either.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 01:58 PM

asking to be traded in contract is worse than Lebron joining forces with others as a free agent. they way he did it was as douchy as Melo asking to leave.

only difference is, Lebron is an NBA championship winner and Finals MVP. 3 Finals appearances more than Melo. Right now you can't even compare Melo and Lebron. Melo is so far behind, career wise (and if he continues this trend), that these 33 points will not even matter later in the future other than "fun facts"

Melo never asked to be traded.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 02:03 PM
Well its not like Melo is a good soul he laughed with his boys who said they would lynch Larry Brown, he had his friend take the blame for having possession of weed which would have caused him to be suspended and therefore not win the NCAA championship. He punched Jared Jeffries or someone and ran away he looked pathetic.

The guy is not likeable.

You bring up the most random things...

Melo was 19, bro. Give him a break. I'm sure we'v all made bad decisions in our teens. Let's talk about when Deron Williams got in a fight @ Harry-O's in Park City his rookie year. Or how about when Deron showed up an hour late, and left a half hour early, @ his meet & great for Utah Jazz season ticket holders? We can play this game all day.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2012, 02:05 PM
I don't get it either.

Well, because the term is true. Any time a so called star player demands a trade publically, his team is now being held hostage and must be forced to deal him. Just because the Knicks kept one upping their own offers for no reason and Denver landed a great deal for him doesn't mean we should change the term for the action.

DoMeFavors
08-28-2012, 02:08 PM
You bring up the most random things...

Melo was 19, bro. Give him a break. I'm sure we'v all made bad decisions in our teens. Let's talk about when Deron Williams got in a fight @ Harry-O's in Park City his rookie year. Or how about when Deron showed up an hour late, and left a half hour early, @ his meet & great for Utah Jazz season ticket holders? We can play this game all day.

What Deron did wasn't illegal, and im pointing it out about Melo because maybe thats why people are harsh towards him.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 02:12 PM
What Deron did wasn't illegal, and im pointing it out about Melo because maybe thats why people are harsh towards him.

Since when is assult not illegal?

What did Melo do that was illegal? Laughed @ what someone else said? Took the blame for weed that wasn't his?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 02:13 PM
Well, because the term is true. Any time a so called star player demands a trade publically, his team is now being held hostage and must be forced to deal him. Just because the Knicks kept one upping their own offers for no reason and Denver landed a great deal for him doesn't mean we should change the term for the action.

He never 'demanded' Denver to trade him though.

meloman1592
08-28-2012, 02:15 PM
"Melo is not a likeable person"

I dont get it, have you guys hung out with him? Did he **** your girl then write you a letter telling you how good it was? Stop acting like you know what goes on in Melo's head and stop trying to justify why he's not this or not that. If you don't like him, fine but don't post in here saying **** like he isn't likeable or he's a douche because he did some b.s when he was 19...judging from what teammates and coaches not named George Karl, he's a fun guy to be around and a really likeable person

Hawkeye15
08-28-2012, 02:20 PM
He never 'demanded' Denver to trade him though.

Fine. It was publically known. In today's media driven world, intentions are known by the public in these cases, therefore he has told the front office he aint coming back, get something for me now if you can.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 02:25 PM
"Melo is not a likeable person"

I dont get it, have you guys hung out with him? Did he **** your girl then write you a letter telling you how good it was? Stop acting like you know what goes on in Melo's head and stop trying to justify why he's not this or not that. If you don't like him, fine but don't post in here saying **** like he isn't likeable or he's a douche because he did some b.s when he was 19...judging from what teammates and coaches not named George Karl, he's a fun guy to be around and a really likeable person

I honestly don't know what it is, bro. I was just talkin to my brother about this recently. He told me, that Carmelo is one of the most hated athletes in sports. And I asked why? He told him he didn't know... Work ethic maybe? Attitude? I don't get it. Why him? I don't see anyone putting pressure on Rose, Williams, or Chris Paul, etc. But, I think i'd rather have it this way... I don't mind when people hate on Melo, Because it's makes it that much nicer to rub in there faces when he does something amazing. It wouldn't be as satisfying if everyone on here was just a big time Melo fan and said how great he is @ everything you know? @ the same time, the hate is ok... but the disrespect is what I have an issue with. Melo has done more then enough to earn his respect througout the league, but for some reason people still find things to nit-pick @.

Jesse2272
08-28-2012, 02:25 PM
Since when is assult not illegal?

What did Melo do that was illegal? Laughed @ what someone else said? Took the blame for weed that wasn't his?

Come on, Deron comes off as a douche the whole sloan incident, the stripper alleged rape,I could go on, but I dont berate him or lesson his talent because I dont like the dude personally, I dont know him, this is getting retarted in before close:mad:

Sactown
08-28-2012, 02:26 PM
Fine. It was publically known. In today's media driven world, intentions are known by the public in these cases, therefore he has told the front office he aint coming back, get something for me now if you can.

I can see this thread has driven fairly far off the topic of the thread :speechless:

The whole point of the thread anyways is for BHS to push people into believing Melo is a bona fide superstar, which in my opinion he is not, and because the Knicks are refusing to believe anything outside of Melo being a top 5 player, I don't see these threads ever going very far. But hey, that's just one mans opinion on these threads

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 02:26 PM

Exactly! Isn't that the right thing to do in that situation?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 02:29 PM
Come on, Deron comes off as a douche the whole sloan incident, the stripper alleged rape,I could go on, but I dont berate him or lesson his talent because I dont like the dude personally, I dont know him, this is getting retarted in before close:mad:

Me either, but DMF sure as hell berates Carmelo, for taking the blame for a weed charge, when it wasn't even his, berates him for laughing when his friend said they were gonna lynch coach Brown. And also berates him for punching Mardy Collins... Where does it stop? I simply brought up the Deron Williams incidents up, just to show DMF his own ignorance.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2012, 02:30 PM
Exactly! Isn't that the right thing to do in that situation?

If it's done like the KG trade? Yes. It was publically known. Much different.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2012, 02:32 PM
I can see this thread has driven fairly far off the topic of the thread :speechless:

The whole point of the thread anyways is for BHS to push people into believing Melo is a bona fide superstar, which in my opinion he is not, and because the Knicks are refusing to believe anything outside of Melo being a top 5 player, I don't see these threads ever going very far. But hey, that's just one mans opinion on these threads

I don't know if there was any intent in the thread, the OP probably had his memory jogged to a great game he remembers from reading the T-Mac thread. That being said, anytime Melo comes up now, his attackers enter, and his defenders build the wall. Just another day at PSD..

Jesse2272
08-28-2012, 02:34 PM
Me either, but DMF sure as hell berates Carmelo, for taking the blame for a weed charge, when it wasn't even his, berates him for laughing when his friend said they were gonna lynch coach Brown. And also berates him for punching Mardy Collins... Where does it stop? I simply brought up the Deron Williams incidents up, just to show DMF his own ignorance.

Agreed

I meant to quote DMF

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 02:34 PM
If it's done like the KG trade? Yes. It was publically known. Much different.

Only difference being, Meo had a short list of teams he wanted to be traded to?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 02:36 PM
I don't know if there was any intent in the thread, the OP probably had his memory jogged to a great game he remembers from reading the T-Mac thread. That being said, anytime Melo comes up now, his attackers enter, and his defenders build the wall. Just another day at PSD..

:laugh2: this. Like I told you before... 9/10 Carmelo or Iverson or even Knick related threads, I don't even bother clicking on.

mdm692
08-28-2012, 02:41 PM
Its Carmelo Anthony why would anyone expect any positive comments he is PSD's enemy #1.

DoMeFavors
08-28-2012, 02:42 PM
Carmelo would annoy me if I was a Knick fan, when Knicks are down huge in a game he just starts smiling for no reason..it leads me to believe he doesnt care about winning. And Deron is the opposite he was so competive. He actually is upset if Nets lose.

JiffyMix88
08-28-2012, 02:46 PM
Held them hostage? Denver had options... They chose to wait that long to trade him. They got a good deal in return, so answer my question. What do you think Melo should have done differently? Should he have done what LeBron did? Or how about what Dwight did?

Melo should of never ****ing mentioned the damn knicks! wtf don't u understand about that it takes away value they could of gotten. the nuggets were just fortunate that the knicks management was ******** and made the trade instead of just waiting a few months.

LeBron did nothing wrong he went to miami as a free agent idc about the damn show or none of that i been a lebron hater since damn 07 when he started his dancing, crying for foul calls and how arrogant the muther****er is.

Dwight did worse than anyone he just went out and said he was only going to play for the nets how is this helping the franchise that put their trust in him and picking him 1st overall? Then he gets surgery when he didn't even need it y do you think he didn't have the surgery in orlando when orlando has some of the best doctors and went to get a second opinion in L.A.?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 02:47 PM
Carmelo would annoy me if I was a Knick fan, when Knicks are down huge in a game he just starts smiling for no reason..it leads me to believe he doesnt care about winning. And Deron is the opposite he was so competive. He actually is upset if Nets lose.

Hmm... Maybe that's why Deron hasn't smiled since Feb. 23rd, 2011

DoMeFavors
08-28-2012, 02:48 PM
Hmm... Maybe that's why Deron hasn't smiled since Feb. 23rd, 2011

All im saying is Melo has the talent but lacks the competive fire that most stars have.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 02:50 PM
Melo should of never ****ing mentioned the damn knicks! wtf don't u understand about that it takes away value they could of gotten. the nuggets were just fortunate that the knicks management was ******** and made the trade instead of just waiting a few months.

LeBron did nothing wrong he went to miami as a free agent idc about the damn show or none of that i been a lebron hater since damn 07 when he started his dancing, crying for foul calls and how arrogant the muther****er is.

Dwight did worse than anyone he just went out and said he was only going to play for the nets how is this helping the franchise that put their trust in him and picking him 1st overall? Then he gets surgery when he didn't even need it y do you think he didn't have the surgery in orlando when orlando has some of the best doctors and went to get a second opinion in L.A.?

Melo never mentioned the Knicks. He was asked by the media, and Melo's response was... "Who wouldn't wanna go back home and play?"

Technically, LeBron did nothing wrong. But according to you, Melo did? LeBron didn't tell the franchise to get something in return... instead he walked away, and Cav's got nothing. On the other hand Melo communicated with the FO and they knew the situation. Wich would you rather have happen to you if u were a GM?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 02:52 PM
All im saying is Melo has the talent but lacks the competive fire that most stars have.

I can agree with that. Melo definatly doesn't have the hunger that you see in Kobe's or Jordan's, Iverson's eyes. But, if it was that easy, and instilled in everyone... Everyone would be that great. I accept Melo for who he is. He still works hard, and gives effort, and trys to win.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2012, 02:56 PM

Are you in the CIA? You can tell exactly what a person thinks by their reactions?

I wouldn't want Joe Johnson if I were a Nets fan. An underperforming "star" who is paid like an all world player who routinely disappears when the playoffs start.

JiffyMix88
08-28-2012, 02:57 PM
Melo never mentioned the Knicks. He was asked by the media, and Melo's response was... "Who wouldn't wanna go back home and play?"

Technically, LeBron did nothing wrong. But according to you, Melo did? LeBron didn't tell the franchise to get something in return... instead he walked away, and Cav's got nothing. On the other hand Melo communicated with the FO and they knew the situation. Wich would you rather have happen to you if u were a GM?

http://sports.espn.go.com/new-york/nba/news/story?id=5912307

read just the first two or three paragraphs you ***

DoMeFavors
08-28-2012, 02:58 PM
I can agree with that. Melo definatly doesn't have the hunger that you see in Kobe's or Jordan's eyes. But, if it was that easy, and instilled in everyone... Everyone would be that great. I accept Melo for who he is.

To me it just seems like he cares about money and all that instead of winning he didnt seem to be that upset after the last 2 playoff losses against Celtics and Heat.

DoMeFavors
08-28-2012, 02:59 PM
Are you in the CIA? You can tell exactly what a person thinks by their reactions?

I wouldn't want Joe Johnson if I were a Nets fan. An underperforming "star" who is paid like an all world player who routinely disappears when the playoffs start.

Joe isnt the leader he is a 2nd option now so its not like he leads the Nets to promise land. He wont have the full responsibility now.

He will be more comfortable.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 03:00 PM

read just the first two or three paragraphs you ***

We were talkin about before hand. It wasn't till after the media had brought it up.

Hawkeye15
08-28-2012, 03:00 PM
Joe isnt the leader he is a 2nd option now so its not like he leads the Nets to promise land. He wont have the full responsibility now.

He will be more comfortable.

He wasn't Atlanta's best player either...

Point is, you are making assumptions off not liking the guy versus his production. That doesn't make sense.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 03:01 PM
To me it just seems like he cares about money and all that instead of winning he didnt seem to be that upset after the last 2 playoff losses against Celtics and Heat.

He smiles to keep from showing sadness, or anger. Trust me... Me as any other Knick fan knows, Melo is mad after any loss.

DoMeFavors
08-28-2012, 03:02 PM
He wasn't Atlanta's best player either...

Point is, you are making assumptions off not liking the guy versus his production. That doesn't make sense.

He was paid and treated like ATLs best player, and he was certainly the go to guy the guy who created shots for himself and others.

And I am saying the truth about Melo and nothing is wrong with assumptions its everyones opinion in the sport to always assume stuff.

JiffyMix88
08-28-2012, 03:03 PM
We were talkin about before hand. It wasn't till after the media had brought it up.

bruh this was in early december a month in the season.... media brought it up? he ****ing said he wants to be a knick and would only sign a extension if it was the knicks how is this helping the nuggets u just made no sense with whatever the **** kinda point you were trying to make..

next time just say i love carmelo and he can do no wrong in my azz

DoMeFavors
08-28-2012, 03:03 PM
He smiles to keep from showing sadness, or anger. Trust me... Me as any other Knick fan knows, Melo is mad after any loss.

He does it all game no matter the score. All he does is smile.

Except for when he tries to act tough and thats just makes me smile because it reminds me of Denver/Knicks fight.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 03:06 PM
bruh this was in early december a month in the season.... media brought it up? he ****ing said he wants to be a knick and would only sign a extension if it was the knicks how is this helping the nuggets u just made no sense with whatever the **** kinda point you were trying to make..

next time just say i love carmelo and he can do no wrong in my azz

He did wanna be a Knick. This all started from the off season the year prior. When he expressed his frustrations with the Nuggets franchise. If I'm not making any sense, why do you keep respoding? :confused:

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 03:07 PM
He does it all game no matter the score. All he does is smile.

Except for when he tries to act tough and thats just makes me smile because it reminds me of Denver/Knicks fight.

So what? Deron NEVER smiles. So is ok to say Deron doesn't like to win, cuz his emotions are the same after a loss and a win?

Hawkeye15
08-28-2012, 03:07 PM
He was paid and treated like ATLs best player, and he was certainly the go to guy the guy who created shots for himself and others.

He was for sure paid like one, but you are wrong about JJ being the go to guy on that team, they didn't have one. Horford and Smith are both better players as well.

And I am saying the truth about Melo and nothing is wrong with assumptions its everyones opinion in the sport to always assume stuff.

You are giving your opinion, not the truth. Hell I think he is a wuss, but I don't think Carmelo is a player who doesn't care about winning per say. But I find it concerning that you constantly deflect any of the Nets players issues, such as Deron sucking for 2 years and running Sloan off, or Johnson's complete lack of stepping up in the playoffs, but have no issue calling out even the smallest items from other teams players.

Jesse2272
08-28-2012, 03:08 PM
He mad

Dont know why Denver made out like bandits

DoMeFavors
08-28-2012, 03:11 PM
He was for sure paid like one, but you are wrong about JJ being the go to guy on that team, they didn't have one. Horford and Smith are both better players as well.

You are giving your opinion, not the truth. Hell I think he is a wuss, but I don't think Carmelo is a player who doesn't care about winning per say. But I find it concerning that you constantly deflect any of the Nets players issues, such as Deron sucking for 2 years and running Sloan off, or Johnson's complete lack of stepping up in the playoffs, but have no issue calling out even the smallest items from other teams players.

Your always brining up the Nets, so because I says something about another team or player, and I have to say a flaw about a Net player?
And Joe was the ball handler he made the passes, he was the guy who took the last shot or the guy who got the ball when they needed a bucket.
Deron didnt run Sloan off I dont think one player can get the coach to leave, but thats the rumor out there so you can run with that.
Fact is Deron didnt suck for 2 years he played 12 games for the Nets last year and didnt play every game for the Nets this year. He didnt have a center this year. His 2nd best player was Humphries and Deron was still an all star.

koreancabbage
08-28-2012, 03:12 PM
Melo never asked to be traded.

http://www.scoresreport.com/2010/08/27/carmelos-camp-asks-for-a-trade/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/08/26/carmelo.report/index.html

right. he wanted out.

JiffyMix88
08-28-2012, 03:13 PM
He did wanna be a Knick. This all started from the off season the year prior. When he expressed his frustrations with the Nuggets franchise. If I'm not making any sense, why do you keep respoding? :confused:

because you keep asking questions like this or make up stories on how melo was traded that i feel i have to respond but no worries wont be reading your dumbass post no more

Jesse2272
08-28-2012, 03:14 PM
http://www.scoresreport.com/2010/08/27/carmelos-camp-asks-for-a-trade/

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/basketball/nba/08/26/carmelo.report/index.html

right. he wanted out.

Everyone knew he wanted out and wanted the Knicks

He hurt the knicks more so than the nuggets we gave up everything except Amare and some MSG sinks

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 03:16 PM
because you keep asking questions like this or make up stories on how melo was traded that i feel i have to respond but no worries wont be reading your dumbass post no more

I'm asking questions and your not answering them. Instead start rambling and swearing like an upset 7 year old.

I never said the stories are made up... Find me a quote DIRECTLY from Carmelo saying "I want to be traded" I don't want a source from Carmelo's camp, or Carmelo Baby's Mama's Mama's Mama, or his 3rd cuzin, whatever... Show me where Carmelo said it.

JiffyMix88
08-28-2012, 03:18 PM

He hurt the knicks more so than the nuggets we gave up everything except Amare and some MSG sinks

thats what i was saying he's making up stories to make melo seem like he wasnt a dick during the 2010-2011 season bottom line everyone from the 03-05 draft all have acted like straight *****es into getting their way

koreancabbage
08-28-2012, 03:19 PM

well i was just responding to AIMelo dude. meh. stripped the team. nothing else Knicks can do about it. I don't think they need Melo more than Melo needed the Knicks. Its the only place he can be a douche bag and get away with it. Knicks fans love their douche bags and hardworking players but hate opposing ones.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 03:23 PM
well i was just responding to AIMelo dude. meh. stripped the team. nothing else Knicks can do about it. I don't think they need Melo more than Melo needed the Knicks. Its the only place he can be a douche bag and get away with it. Knicks fans love their douche bags and hardworking players but hate opposing ones.

Lol. Coming from a fan, or possibly the most hated team in all of pro-sports. A little ironic.

Jesse2272
08-28-2012, 03:25 PM
thats what i was saying he's making up stories to make melo seem like he wasnt a dick during the 2010-2011 season bottom line everyone from the 03-05 draft all have acted like straight *****es into getting their way

I dont have anything showing he actually said it, but it was well known and very obvious and spread through the media

Jesse2272
08-28-2012, 03:26 PM
I dont know where this thread is going I need a break :smoking:

JiffyMix88
08-28-2012, 03:27 PM
I dont have anything showing he actually said it, but it was well known and very obvious and spread through the media

yeah well before they could even think about making a trade

look at the date it was written how many games in the season is this at this point maybe 15?

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 03:29 PM

Exactly! And that's my argument. Carmelo never demanded a trade. But, a discussion doesn't exist in his vocab. Instead, because he's swearing and using exclamation points, he's right and everyone who disagrees isa ****** *** *** ***** *!!!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-28-2012, 03:29 PM

look at the date it was written how many games in the season is this at this point maybe 15?

It all started from the season PRIOR!!!!!

Hawkeye15
08-28-2012, 03:30 PM
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;23462569]Your always brining up the Nets, so because I says something about another team or player, and I have to say a flaw about a Net player?

I bring it up to show how irrational you are when you post on these subjects. And the Nets were brought up long before I did it.

And Joe was the ball handler he made the passes, he was the guy who took the last shot or the guy who got the ball when they needed a bucket.

No he wasn't, not consistently in the slightest.

Deron didnt run Sloan off I dont think one player can get the coach to leave, but thats the rumor out there so you can run with that.

He was a huge reason bud.

Fact is Deron didnt suck for 2 years he played 12 games for the Nets last year and didnt play every game for the Nets this year. He didnt have a center this year. His 2nd best player was Humphries and Deron was still an all star.

Went from a guy who was spoken about as the 2nd best PG, to a guy looking in from the outside on the top 15 in the NBA. That is a nice slide, and he needs a huge bounceback year. Of which I don't doubt he can have, but wouldn't be surprised if he didn't.

Jesse2272
08-28-2012, 03:34 PM

Im not disagreeing he wanted NY and forced his way out

Thats the NBA culture nowadays, Kobe almost did it a while back, Lebron was a douche, D12 was a *******, other than Durant or Dirk...

JiffyMix88
08-28-2012, 03:37 PM
Im not disagreeing he wanted NY and forced his way out

Thats the NBA culture nowadays, Kobe almost did it a while back, Lebron was a douche, D12 was a *******, other than Durant or Dirk...

yeah its a shame but o well hope the trend ends after this up coming off-season

KnickaBocka.44
08-28-2012, 03:41 PM
yeah its a shame but o well hope the trend ends after this up coming off-season

It will, the new CBA has a rule against sign and trades, like Melo's, after this season.

Jabears85
08-29-2012, 03:16 AM

Melo aint on his knees blowin DWade every night, lebrons a sell out and dragged a whole city through the dirt then pissed on them while saying it was 'all for charity'. Your beloved LeBron is a scum bag, and no were was i comparing their careers in any sense. Lebron is better then melo...all i said was lebrons a sellout who bends over and takes it in the *** while Bosh poops on his face

Lebron aint no champion!! He's Robin and will never be more than a side kick.

seikou8
08-29-2012, 04:06 AM
Melo aint on his knees blowin DWade every night, lebrons a sell out and dragged a whole city through the dirt then pissed on them while saying it was 'all for charity'. Your beloved LeBron is a scum bag, and no were was i comparing their careers in any sense. Lebron is better then melo...all i said was lebrons a sellout who bends over and takes it in the *** while Bosh poops on his face

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

bringinwood
08-29-2012, 06:26 AM
I'll take lebrons showing against Detroit in a win our go home not only over Melos 33 but over kobes 81 against the raptors...

Your talking volume scoring embarrassing d league opponents in the regular season vs the leagues top defense getting absolutely throttled in a win or die during the playoffs...

Throw 33 in a quarter against Chicago or Miami in a game 7 for the eastern conference title and well start talking...

koreancabbage
08-29-2012, 08:52 AM

you keep telling yourself that. If you didn't understand the situation at that time - Miami was the only team that had the resources to do something like that. Toronto and Cleveland had too much salary locked up and that was their fault. Would you say differently if Wade went to Cleveland?

There is nothing wrong in going to a team in finding your Robin (thats right, Wade is Robin). Just b/c he's being compared to Jordan in terms of achievements does not mean he has to do it a certain way. You call him a sellout, some call him a champion.

Either way, the more trash you talk about him, the more he proves you are wrong/ a hater, and this level of hate you spew out is why this world is messed up.

Jesse2272
08-29-2012, 08:56 AM
Miami was the only team that had the resources to do something like that.

Riley is a boss!

koreancabbage
08-29-2012, 09:49 AM
Riley is a boss!

he is. its pretty genius to get all three players to play together. it was a big risk but they prepared for it to say the least. I just don't think the Cleveland GM had the balls or the brains to pull something off like that. If he did, he would have both Wade and Bosh in Cleveland right now. kept piling up Cleveland with mediocre players. I wouldn't blame Lebron for leaving.

They were obviously outmatched and outclassed in the NBA Finals they had reached that one year but and the Cleveland GM did nothing of importance to improve the team dramatically. The worst thing you could do was stay the same in that situation.

I believe OKC right now doesn't have to do anything since they are young and improving and already have two bona fide star players but Cleveland at that time, only had James.

Heatcheck
08-29-2012, 10:36 AM

So he didnt start pulling on your heros nuts so he's a hater. its a sports forum. Stop crying because people have opinions, valid ones at that.

Heres a novel idea, how bout you refute his statement with a logical argument.

Heatcheck
08-29-2012, 10:38 AM

I bet you LOVE wrestling.

koreancabbage
08-29-2012, 01:04 PM
Lol. Coming from a fan, or possibly the most hated team in all of pro-sports. A little ironic.

well, it was fun while they won a championship wasn't it? Even better when Knicks fan actually thought the Knicks had a chance. that was the best moment on PSD during the playoffs LOL

meh, I really like the dynamics of the really good teams. I like LA and (now) Miami cuz they are rather interesting when putting teams together. I like basketball in general. what better way to watch basketball than having good players play on the same team and watch something exciting happen. I would like the Knicks too if they were fun (to watch) and were actually good as well. I disliked OKC (before) but after watching them, they were fun to watch at times.

Heatcheck
08-29-2012, 01:22 PM
well, it was fun while they won a championship wasn't it? Even better when Knicks fan actually thought the Knicks had a chance. that was the best moment on PSD during the playoffs LOL

meh, I really like the dynamics of the really good teams. I like LA and (now) Miami cuz they are rather interesting when putting teams together. I like basketball in general. what better way to watch basketball than having good players play on the same team and watch something exciting happen. I would like the Knicks too if they were fun (to watch) and were actually good as well. I disliked OKC (before) but after watching them, they were fun to watch at times.

Thats your problem, your too sensible. If you were a real fan, youd be totally obsessed with other peoples accomplishments as if the fact that they play in your city gives you the slightest claim to being a part of it.

And furthermore, you cant really like or know basketball because you like the actual game, and not the players whom you talk about as if you know exactly what theyre thinking, or ever even met before for that matter.

koreancabbage
08-29-2012, 01:41 PM
thats your problem, your too sensible. If you were a real fan, youd be totally obsessed with other peoples accomplishments as if the fact that they play in your city gives you the slightest claim to being a part of it.

And furthermore, you cant really like or know basketball because you like the actual game, and not the players whom you talk about as if you know exactly what theyre thinking, or ever even met before for that matter.

rofl