PDA

View Full Version : What happened to Tracy Mcgrady in the 2009 season? Why the surgery?

JordansBulls
08-27-2012, 11:26 AM
What happened to Tracy Mcgrady in the 2009 season? Why the surgery?

This was the year the Rockets had Ron Artest on the team and then Mcgrady in February opts to have surgery. But my question is why did he do that? Since that surgery he has not been anywhere close to the player he was that season. Any reason why he opted to do this surgery? Could he not play the rest of the season and playoffs instead of the surgery or would it had made things worse?

NYtilIdie
08-27-2012, 11:32 AM
Maybe because he couldn't even dunk a ball due to his knee injury?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKggO62YPs4

Lets think before we post fellas.

netsgiantsyanks
08-27-2012, 11:47 AM
Maybe because he couldn't even dunk a ball due to his knee injury?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKggO62YPs4

Lets think before we post fellas.

lol sep11ie's sig.

Stinkyoutsider
08-27-2012, 12:23 PM
I think McGrady had to opt for surgery because he had no choice. He took a chance at a repair that could possibly give him his vertical back.

The bad thing for McGrady is, since his first major injury, he's never been right. Maybe after that first injury, he was never able to get his body strong enough to play at the physical and athletic level he was famous for. A shame really...

I still remember the dunk he put on Shawn Bradley lol. It sounded like a car wreck. After the dunk, the telecast played it back and took all the background sounds out of it so you could hear the sound of the collision. One of my favorite dunks...

DoMeFavors
08-27-2012, 12:29 PM
That team was stacked

and Artest and Shane defending the wings

Chronz
08-27-2012, 12:38 PM
stop bumping old thread guys

Steelers23_06
08-27-2012, 12:42 PM
I agree I think he never learned to adjust his game Kobe could've been like hey my body can't do the things it used to I'm done...no instead he adapted which is the difference in HOFer and a really good player

Bob_at_york
08-27-2012, 12:44 PM
it definitely could have made things worse if he continued playing and he probably had the surgery at that point hoping that he could get healthy for the next season, much like most players in would in that situation.

i think you got the answer to your question, if you want more info, try googling.