PDA

View Full Version : Kalish Called Up

Nomar
08-27-2012, 11:07 AM
@alexspeier Ryan Kalish just arrived in Red Sox clubhouse

Red Sox have placed Ortiz on the 15-Day DL, optioned RHP Pedro Beato to Pawtucket, and called up Ryan Kalish and Matsuzaka.

AI
08-27-2012, 11:25 AM
Let the kids play :)

Nomar
08-27-2012, 11:42 AM

"Blah blah blah im mad thats not the term i like to see people use in this situation" - Crucis :P

Kalish <3 Lets pray he starts raking though. That would make this offseason a lot simpler. - Nomar

AI
08-27-2012, 11:48 AM
Podsednik LF
Pedroia 2B
Ellsbury CF
Ross RF
Loney 1B
Saltalamacchia C
Gomez DH
Aviles SS
Ciriaco 3B

Once again, no Iglesias, and he continues to play Ross in RF where he is just awful, Podsednik is the much better defender, can't wait until Bobby gets fired.

Nomar
08-27-2012, 11:54 AM
Once again, no Iglesias, can't wait until Bobby gets fired.

Everyone is saying how dumb this is. Alex Speier and Matt Huegel have already tweeted about it today. We have an open DH spot, an open OF spot, and no reason to play Aviles anymore. Kalish, Lavarnway, and Iggy should be playing every day. Its honestly getting ridiculous. Even from a financial standpoint, people want to see Iglesias play, and they couldnt give a **** if Aviles does. Pods has been great, but id rather see Kalish at this point. Pods can start vs RHP instead of Ross even though Bobby doesnt accept that Ross is a platoon OF.

C - Salty/Lav
DH - Lav/Gomez
1B - Loney
2B - Pedey
SS - Iggy
3B - Aviles/Ciriaco
LF - Kalish
CF - Ells
RF - Ross

AI
08-27-2012, 12:01 PM
Ciraco 3B, Pedroia 2B, Ellsbury CF, Ross LF, Loney 1B, Gomez DH, Lavarnway C, Kalish RF, Iglesias SS.

That would be my lineup for the rest of the season. See what we have in Gomez, Lavarnway, Kalish and Iglesias.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-27-2012, 12:09 PM
Ortiz went to the DL to make room for Kalish.

Station 13
08-27-2012, 12:10 PM

Time to lose! #tanking

Super.
08-27-2012, 12:22 PM
Time to lose! #tanking

I wouldn't be opposed to it, I'd love to get a top 10 protected pick

Crucis
08-27-2012, 01:28 PM

Oh baloney. Ortiz went on the DL because he's hurting. Kalish was just the player called up to take his place.

Crucis
08-27-2012, 01:30 PM
"Blah blah blah im mad thats not the term i like to see people use in this situation" - Crucis :P

Kalish <3 Lets pray he starts raking though. That would make this offseason a lot simpler. - Nomar

Bleep you, jackwagon. Just because you have a child's command of the language is no excuse for linguistic incompetence. :mad:

Crucis
08-27-2012, 01:31 PM

Let the prospects audition. Let the kids stay down in Little League.

Nomar
08-27-2012, 01:32 PM
Bleep you, jackwagon. Just because you have a child's command of the language is no excuse for linguistic incompetence. :mad:

Well it's a phrase used by many people. More specifically, you dont want people to use the word "let," when your taking it in the most literal sense and aren't even realizing its meaning in the given context.

Crucis
08-27-2012, 02:06 PM
Well it's a phrase used by many people. More specifically, you dont want people to use the word "let," when your taking it in the most literal sense and aren't even realizing its meaning in the given context.

I'm a literal person, so I always take things in the "most literal sense" by default.

Nomar
08-27-2012, 02:09 PM
I'm a literal person, so I always take things in the "most literal sense" by default.

And we love you no matter what!

SirHizz
08-27-2012, 05:38 PM
Bobby V is probably not playing Iglesias and the "scrubs", because he's actually the only one left that wants to win games. He needs as good of a record as he can get, maybe the FO is still indifferent if they wanna keep or fire him and Bobby wants to get as close to .500.

Nomar
08-27-2012, 05:40 PM
Bobby V is probably not playing Iglesias and the "scrubs", because he's actually the only one left that wants to win games. He needs as good of a record as he can get, maybe the FO is still indifferent if they wanna keep or fire him and Bobby wants to get as close to .500.

Aviles isnt getting him to .500, i can tell you that.

Crucis
08-27-2012, 06:18 PM

Well, give him until Sept 1st, then it's time to start playing the prospects to see what they've got.

As of right now, there are 38 players on the 40 man roster. I wouldn't mind seeing the Sox add a couple more of the young prospects from down at AA or AAA, like maybe JBJr. Sure it's a little early, but maybe what the heck. (Wouldn't do it with Xander only because he's spent so little time thus far at AA that it just seems too early.)

PapelbonLester
08-27-2012, 06:53 PM
Why are u all in love with Iglesias!????? someone please tell me whats so ****in great about someone who cant hit? We need offense. You all sound pathetic. Desperate!!!! Igelasis over Aviles....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Nomar
08-27-2012, 06:57 PM
Why are u all in love with Iglesias!????? someone please tell me whats so ****in great about someone who cant hit? We need offense. You all sound pathetic. Desperate!!!! Igelasis over Aviles....HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Yeahhhhh man youre so smart because Aviles is soooo good offensively. get out of her with your condescending ******** you clearly dont get the fact that this is garbage time.

PapelbonLester
08-27-2012, 07:02 PM
get out of here? who the f are u? sorry u want to watch a player that wont hit the ball out of the infield. We rank this guy so high because he can field a groundball. hahahahaha oh thats right we have Loney hitting 5th in our lineup we dont need offense. And yah sorry to tell u but ur boy Jose will never have more than 5 homers in a season. You ever watch the dude play? oh yeah and aviles cant hit thats why hes 3rd on our team in RBIS!!!!

Nomar
08-27-2012, 07:10 PM
get out of here? who the f are u? sorry u want to watch a player that wont hit the ball out of the infield. We rank this guy so high because he can field a groundball. hahahahaha oh thats right we have Loney hitting 5th in our lineup we dont need offense. And yah sorry to tell u but ur boy Jose will never have more than 5 homers in a season. You ever watch the dude play? oh yeah and aviles cant hit thats why hes 3rd on our team in RBIS!!!!

First of all smartass, Aviles has an OPS in the low .600s since April. He will have a higher OPS than Iglesias, but we still need to see what we can get from him and now is the perfect time to play the prospects since we are out of the running to make the playoffs.

Get this through your head. It doesnt matter if we win or lose. Its actually better that we lose because then we might get a protected top 10 pick next year.

Nobody gives a **** that Loney is batting 5th in our lineup. This team is garbage, management clearly has given up on this year. I personally think Iglesias will never be a starter long term in Boston, but this September is the right time to figure out what we might get from him the next few years. Aviles is pretty damn bad too, i wouldnt want to see him as our starter next year either, so why does it matter if he starts anymore? It doesn't.

Its funny that you actually think that anyone cares if we win or lose at this point. Were rebuilding, not trying to put together a team to win the pennant. And im pretty sure switching Iglesias and Aviles in the lineup wont make a difference at all in one month. Theyre both low impact players to begin with.

PapelbonLester
08-27-2012, 07:16 PM
sorry but unlike you people im a real fan id rather see us win then put out a b.s. team for a higher draft pick.....DESPERATE your the type of guy who goes to a bar alone looking for a girl to wife up. LETS JUST PLAY

Lavarnway whos hitting what .180
Jose who cant hit in AAA so lets see what he can do in the MAJORS(HAHA)
Kalish whos hitting .250 in AAA

NO.....NO.....NO

nwall2
08-27-2012, 07:19 PM
ding. round 6.

Nomar
08-27-2012, 07:21 PM
sorry but unlike you people im a real fan id rather see us win then put out a b.s. team for a higher draft pick.....DESPERATE your the type of guy who goes to a bar alone looking for a girl to wife up. LETS JUST PLAY

NO.....NO.....NO

Are you joking?

A top 5 prospect in our system hits .180 over his first 20 games and you want to stop playing him? Sorry, i forgot every player hits .300 right away.

Aviles sucks, i dont know why youre on his dick so hard. Niether him or Iglesias are good starting SS options.

Kalish needs more consistent time, he missed a year of action. We only have two of our starting OFs left anyway.

You are the type of fan who loves the moves the front office made that got us into this mess in the first place. I bet youd love for us to go sign Josh Hamilton instead of bringing up impact players from our farm system. You dont know anything about building a team that can be good and stay good for a long time.

Desperate? How ****ing thick are you? Yeah im glad you would rather win five extra games and end up with a #4 starting pitcher instead of a #2 starter in the draft. You dont know what youre talking about.

PapelbonLester
08-27-2012, 07:22 PM
Nomars Lineup

Iglesias SS
Che-Hsuan Lin LF
Ryan Kalish CF
Jackie Bradley RF
Ryan Lavarnway C
Mauro Gomez 1st
Injured WMB 3rd
Ciriaco 2nd
Bogaraets DH

LETS GET IT!!!!

Nomar
08-27-2012, 07:25 PM
Nomars Lineup

Iglesias SS
Che-Hsuan Lin LF
Ryan Kalish CF
Jackie Bradley RF
Ryan Lavarnway C
Mauro Gomez 1st
Injured WMB 3rd
Ciriaco 2nd
Bogaraets DH

LETS GET IT!!!!

You know nothing about baseball.... pink hat ***.

tiger_ted
08-27-2012, 07:27 PM

NO.....NO.....NO

You're talking out of your *****

PapelbonLester
08-27-2012, 07:33 PM
Are you joking?

A top 5 prospect in our system hits .180 over his first 20 games and you want to stop playing him? Sorry, i forgot every player hits .300 right away.

Aviles sucks, i dont know why youre on his dick so hard. Niether him or Iglesias are good starting SS options.

Kalish needs more consistent time, he missed a year of action. We only have two of our starting OFs left anyway.

You are the type of fan who loves the moves the front office made that got us into this mess in the first place. I bet youd love for us to go sign Josh Hamilton instead of bringing up impact players from our farm system. You dont know anything about building a team that can be good and stay good for a long time.

Desperate? How ****ing thick are you? Yeah im glad you would rather win five extra games and end up with a #4 starting pitcher instead of a #2 starter in the draft. You dont know what youre talking about.

less than 10 percent of first round draft picks make the majors. are u joking? Nick Hagadon,Casey Kelly, Jason Place, Kolbrin Vitek,Craig Hansen, Raymond Fuentes.....all first rounders who did ****! you think because we pick 20 we dont get a top 10 pick that teams are afraid to pay? wrong again. Falling in love with prospects is not only the dumbest thing u can do its the biggest waste of time. Players that actually pan out like Ellsbury, Youk get traded when they do good. go do something valueble with your time

GreatBeardOfZeu
08-27-2012, 07:36 PM
^^^^^^^ :laugh: I love it

I have no expectations for this team this year next year or maybe even the one after, that being said I would love to strengthen the farm throughout with good draft picks for the next few years, and let the sox become a homegrown team that can compete. I hated that we got rid of Agon, but he was a casualty of war to cut salary. That being said I don't think Iglesias will ever pan out, but I can see playing him, let's play the farm and get a good pick

Nomar
08-27-2012, 07:37 PM
less than 10 percent of first round draft picks make the majors. are u joking? Nick Hagadon,Casey Kelly, Jason Place, Kolbrin Vitek,Craig Hansen, Raymond Fuentes.....all first rounders who did ****! you think because we pick 20 we dont get a top 10 pick that teams are afraid to pay? wrong again. Falling in love with prospects is not only the dumbest thing u can do its the biggest waste of time. Players that actually pan out like Ellsbury, Youk get traded when they do good. go do something valueble with your time

Lmao wtf? So false.

And none of those guys were top 10 picks.

Yeah lets go out and sign Hamilton until hes 45 instead of going with guys like Bradley and Bogaerts who are pretty much sure things.

You're right, every prospect is bad. Lets release Lavarnway, Bogaerts, and Bradley. Well just sign Varitek, Hamilton, and BJ Upton to 10 year deals and finish last in the AL East for the next decade. Stop replying youre making yourself look dumber each time.

PapelbonLester
08-27-2012, 07:41 PM
You're talking out of your *****

your from the UK number 1. You joined in 2010 and have 20 posts. Im typing angry right now dont feel like wasting my time explaing why IGLESIAS has no right to be on the field. People are calling our manager and idiot saying he should get fired because he wont start a player who hit .230 in 400 at bats in AAA last year and .260 this year. So lets play him in the majors where he'll hit .190 and lets ruin his confidence. IM ALL FOR IT

PapelbonLester
08-27-2012, 07:43 PM
Lmao wtf? So false.

And none of those guys were top 10 picks.

Yeah lets go out and sign Hamilton until hes 45 instead of going with guys like Bradley and Bogaerts who are pretty much sure things.

You're right, every prospect is bad. Lets release Lavarnway, Bogaerts, and Bradley. Well just sign Varitek, Hamilton, and BJ Upton to 10 year deals and finish last in the AL East for the next decade. Stop replying youre making yourself look dumber each time.

how many guys did you name did we draft in the first round cheif? EYYYYYY way to prove ur point

Nomar
08-27-2012, 07:45 PM
your from the UK number 1. You joined in 2010 and have 20 posts. Im typing angry right now dont feel like wasting my time explaing why IGLESIAS has no right to be on the field. People are calling our manager and idiot saying he should get fired because he wont start a player who hit .230 in 400 at bats in AAA last year and .260 this year. So lets play him in the majors where he'll hit .190 and lets ruin his confidence. IM ALL FOR IT

If he wasnt ready to at least get a chance, they wouldnt have called him up. Even if he isnt quite as good right this second, he will eventually be at least as valuable as Aviles is. So now would be a good time to get him used to the majors. Hes been a bad hitter always, hes not gonna kill himself if he hits .200 in his first month in the MLB.

Crucis
08-27-2012, 08:11 PM
Are you joking?

Not to get too deep into your response, RA, but also remember that even Pedrioa had a rough September call-up and a rough first month or so before he started hitting his stride. People need to have a little more patience, for crying out loud. Lavarnway will come around.

Nomar
08-27-2012, 08:14 PM
Not to get too deep into your response, RA, but also remember that even Pedrioa had a rough September call-up and a rough first month or so before he started hitting his stride. People need to have a little more patience, for crying out loud. Lavarnway will come around.

Exactly. I cant believe hes advising not giving Lavarnway playing time now.

tiger_ted
08-27-2012, 08:19 PM
your from the UK number 1.

And yet I still have a greater idea of what is going on than you.

Nomar
08-27-2012, 08:23 PM
how many guys did you name did we draft in the first round cheif? EYYYYYY way to prove ur point

Look at last year dipshit. Bradley and Barnes will both be above average regulars. Bryce Brentz is guaranteed to play in the majors too.

Want names? Jim Rice, Roger Clemens, Reggie Harris, Mo Vaughn, Aaron Sele, Scott Hattenberg, Trot Nixon, Nomar Garciaparra, Adam Everett, Casey Fossum, David Murphy, Matt Murton, Ellsbury, Buchholz, Bard, and Lowrie.

Theres others that never became starters like Hagadon, Bowden, Hansen, ect., but at least they didnt get 100 million dollar contracts and ruin a team to the extent where we had to sacrifice our best player to get rid of his ugly ***.

Since 2000, the only guys that we've drafted in the first round that havent made it into the MLB were Jason Place, Caleb Clay, Ryan Dent, and Bryan Price. If you want we'll throw Vitek in there. Thats 5 out of 24 1st round draftees.

Crucis
08-27-2012, 08:24 PM
And yet I still have a greater idea of what is going on than you.

Yeah, don't take him too seriously. Not sure what's eating him, but he seems bent on ticking everyone off tonight.

Nomar
08-27-2012, 08:26 PM
Yeah, don't take him too seriously. Not sure what's eating him, but he seems bent on ticking everyone off tonight.

At least he puts up a solid argument. Oh wait...

tiger_ted
08-27-2012, 08:27 PM

He helped land Adrian Gonzalez and is making his debut in the bigs for SD tonight.

tonyd3b54
08-27-2012, 08:27 PM
all of this sorority girl fighting over avilies iglesias and lavarnway? hahaha

history has shown us that players like iglesias usually learn to hit at the mlb. what is playing avilies going to accomplish? pretty much nothing. what is benching lavarnway going to accomplish? nothing. as opposed to the ss situation the catching situation niether improves nor gets worse based on who we play. salty has been absolute garbage since the allstar break, so theres really no reason not to let lavarnway get his chance. when evaluating the ss situation let look at 2 things. does winning really matter right now? and what is going to help us win in the future. to me the answer is no we dont need to win right now and iggy helps us win in the future. even if you for some reason think yes we need to win how many wins is aviles worth over the next month? maybe half a game? or am i being to generous? who cares... I'm not saying tank im saying do what makes the sox better next year. so the answer is play iggy, lavarnway and although not mentioned here kalish.

Nomar
08-27-2012, 08:31 PM
all of this sorority girl fighting over avilies iglesias and lavarnway? hahaha

history has shown us that players like iglesias usually learn to hit at the mlb. what is playing avilies going to accomplish? pretty much nothing. what is benching lavarnway going to accomplish? nothing. as opposed to the ss situation the catching situation niether improves nor gets worse based on who we play. salty has been absolute garbage since the allstar break, so theres really no reason not to let lavarnway get his chance. when evaluating the ss situation let look at 2 things. does winning really matter right now? and what is going to help us win in the future. to me the answer is no we dont need to win right now and iggy helps us win in the future. even if you for some reason think yes we need to win how many wins is aviles worth over the next month? maybe half a game? or am i being to generous? who cares... I'm not saying tank im saying do what makes the sox better next year. so the answer is play iggy, lavarnway and although not mentioned here kalish.

Well put

PapelbonLester
08-27-2012, 09:37 PM
Look at last year dipshit. Bradley and Barnes will both be above average regulars. Bryce Brentz is guaranteed to play in the majors too.

Want names? Jim Rice, Roger Clemens, Reggie Harris, Mo Vaughn, Aaron Sele, Scott Hattenberg, Trot Nixon, Nomar Garciaparra, Adam Everett, Casey Fossum, David Murphy, Matt Murton, Ellsbury, Buchholz, Bard, and Lowrie.

Theres others that never became starters like Hagadon, Bowden, Hansen, ect., but at least they didnt get 100 million dollar contracts and ruin a team to the extent where we had to sacrifice our best player to get rid of his ugly ***.

Since 2000, the only guys that we've drafted in the first round that havent made it into the MLB were Jason Place, Caleb Clay, Ryan Dent, and Bryan Price. If you want we'll throw Vitek in there. Thats 5 out of 24 1st round draftees.

made it to the mlb is alot different then having success but anyways since 2000? Phil Dumatrait, Matt Murton, Caleb Clay, Kris Johnson, Jason Place, Nick Hagadone, Ryan Dent, Bryan Price, Casey Kelly, Raymond Fuentes, Kolbrin Vitek, Bryce Brentz, Anthony Ranaudo allllll first round picks didnt make it to majors A not to mention we didnt have a first round pick in 01 or 02 or 04 and i stoped at 2010 soooooooooo 13 first round picks in 7 years didnt make it. Facts are facts stop being so in love with prospects because 75% of the time they aint ****! Whatever i realllly hope we play Iglesias and laugh when everyone talks **** about him ****in Felix Hernandez would get **** talked about him in redsox nation. CANT WAIT for all you ppl who think Lavarnway and Iglesias are the future to see how terrible they really are. dudes hitting .180 in 50 at bats!!!! hahahhahahahahhahahahahahahaha whats that 3 for 50?

tiger_ted
08-28-2012, 04:13 AM
made it to the mlb is alot different then having success but anyways since 2000? Phil Dumatrait, Matt Murton, Caleb Clay, Kris Johnson, Jason Place, Nick Hagadone, Ryan Dent, Bryan Price, Casey Kelly, Raymond Fuentes, Kolbrin Vitek, Bryce Brentz, Anthony Ranaudo allllll first round picks didnt make it to majors A not to mention we didnt have a first round pick in 01 or 02 or 04 and i stoped at 2010 soooooooooo 13 first round picks in 7 years didnt make it. Facts are facts stop being so in love with prospects because 75% of the time they aint ****! Whatever i realllly hope we play Iglesias and laugh when everyone talks **** about him ****in Felix Hernandez would get **** talked about him in redsox nation. CANT WAIT for all you ppl who think Lavarnway and Iglesias are the future to see how terrible they really are. dudes hitting .180 in 50 at bats!!!! hahahhahahahahhahahahahahahaha whats that 3 for 50?

He threw 6 shutout innings in his major league debut last night ;)

PapelbonLester
08-28-2012, 04:27 PM
He threw 6 shutout innings in his major league debut last night ;)

its ok, we got Agon for him. Hes gonna carry us to the playoffs :mad:

BGeer091
08-29-2012, 09:58 AM
Kalish needs to have better patience. We had weaver on the ropes last night. The guys in front of Kalish had made weaver work by throwing a ton of pitches. Kalish comes up and sees what two pitches. Swinging at both which were terrible and hits into a dp.