PDA

View Full Version : Durant: "Kobe told me a month before it happend"

kblo247
08-27-2012, 04:54 AM
"Kobe called that a month before it happened," Durant told Yahoo! Sports while promoting his new movie "Thunderstruck."

"I didn't believe him. He was just like, 'We are going to have Dwight. We are going to have Steve Nash.' He just talks a lot of trash, jokes and laughs. But he said it. I don't think anyone paid attention to it but me and him. He said it and it happened. And they got better, a lot better.

"Dwight's name was being thrown on every team. Houston, Brooklyn, the Lakers. But I guess he called it right."

"People outside, fans, media, of course they are going to say [the Lakers are the favorites] because on paper they have the best lineup in the league. But you still got to play the games. We respect everybody. We are going to go through the league respecting everybody as well.

"We already view ourselves as an elite team, but we have to prove it again. Last year is over with."

"It was a great move for [the Lakers]," Durant said. "[Howard] is the most dominant center in the league. It's going to make it tough on other teams. But I like that challenge. We all like that challenge in OKC. It should be fun.

"That's what the Lakers do. They make big moves. That's part of their DNA."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--kevin-durant--lakers-impressive-on--paper-.html

This explains Kobe's I know they mad comments about LeBron and KD to the LA media right when Dwight was announced, but knowing a month ahead of time and proclaiming it I think means Mitch had basically told him in the exit meetings.

What do you guys think of this? Collusion or confidence in management?

JNA17
08-27-2012, 05:13 AM
0_0.

That's all I have to say about that.

kblo247
08-27-2012, 05:16 AM
Reminded me of that presser where Kobe sat there promising he and LA weren't going to disappear like the Pistons did or anything and would be back reloaded next year.

Between that and Mitch looking like the pop from Taken in the crowd, I expected a move, but I did think it was funny reading KD saying he told them all a month before that he would get Nash and then Dwight

Fnom11
08-27-2012, 05:39 AM
Is Kobe also predicting a 2nd round exit? jk, maybe.

MackSnackWrap
08-27-2012, 05:40 AM
To win rings you need great players. To get good players you need great management. Numbers dont lie, lakers have the 2nd most rings. They have always had great players. There management is excellent.

waveycrockett
08-27-2012, 05:51 AM
Kobe gloat now you aint getting any younger

LakersSaintsLSU
08-27-2012, 06:10 AM

This guy.......

Proud to see the organization making moves to put us at the top again

Trueblue2
08-27-2012, 06:20 AM

Gloat: Greatest Laker of All Time... how fitting.

waveycrockett
08-27-2012, 06:54 AM

:rimshot:

LakersSaintsLSU
08-27-2012, 06:57 AM

waveycrockett you just got OWNED...lmao

JNoel
08-27-2012, 07:33 AM
Lakers prob had the trades done 5 months ago...

Bulls_fan90
08-27-2012, 08:27 AM
I can confirm this, Kobe told me too.

yaswaggin
08-27-2012, 09:10 AM
What happened to movie thunderstruck? I actually wanna see it for ***** and giggles

Lakerfan In NY
08-27-2012, 09:10 AM
This explains Kobe's I know they mad comments about LeBron and KD to the LA media right when Dwight was announced, but knowing a month ahead of time and proclaiming it I think means Mitch had basically told him in the exit meetings.

What do you guys think of this? Collusion or confidence in management?

Either.

These deal were probably on the table from the end of the season or the end of the teams involved season. Deals are on GM tables all the time. This just tells me that the Lakers keep Kobe in the loop in basketball deals.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 09:14 AM
i bet he also predicted he'd lose this year to the Knicks in the Finals... lol jk but Kobe is truely the GLOAT

alleyooptocoop
08-27-2012, 10:16 AM
i kinda felt it at the trade deadline last year. think of it like this......stern knew howard would go to the lakers as a free agent after last year anyway (brooklyn was a shill). so, stern nullifies the paul trade because he thinks it unfair that they get both players. Then, he requests that any trade involving howard be completed after the season due to the all-star game being in orlando and everything. howard opts in, the magic try to hold on to him anyway..........howard cries foul....and then the trade happens once and for all.

Heediot
08-27-2012, 11:50 AM
I can confirm this, Kobe told me too.

hahaha sig of the year. dude getting props looked happier than one of us getting news that we are getting a bj from natalie portman.

JollyRanch
08-27-2012, 12:12 PM
getting a bj from natalie portman.

I need that in my life

Stinkyoutsider
08-27-2012, 12:58 PM
The Lakers know how much Kobe means to their bottom line and they respect him. Plus, Kobe is the captain of the team. I think these are things you've got to keep the team leaders involved in.

mdm692
08-27-2012, 01:10 PM
waveycrockett you just got OWNED...lmao

This guy.......

Is that Kevin Kolb in your sig pic lol?

MrfadeawayJB
08-27-2012, 01:16 PM
doesnt suprise me, all great players at least consider the lakers

netsgiantsyanks
08-27-2012, 01:22 PM
What happened to movie thunderstruck? I actually wanna see it for ***** and giggles

its actually getting decent reviews.

sp1derm00
08-27-2012, 03:44 PM
I think that Durant meant he called it a month before the Dwight trade happened. The Lakers probably already had the Nash trade in place when Kobe said it.

dee279
08-27-2012, 04:16 PM
This guy.......

Dont care about yur post. I just read yur sig Nd how u trying to make the Heat championship any less of an accomplishment just because it was in a lockout year. I guess the playoffs were shortened too huh? Smh

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-27-2012, 04:18 PM
I think Kobe should be fined for tampering. :D

#kobesystem

gangis2169
08-27-2012, 04:44 PM
Is Kobe also predicting a 2nd round exit? jk, maybe.

Lol gloating after a shorten season, and a cake walk through the playoffs. I ain't mad at cha! Do your thing as Miami fans know how. I would love to see a full season with a little more competition and with D. Rose back. Hope Miami ain't one hit * wonders. oh yeah lol j/k

Bruno
08-27-2012, 04:53 PM
Reminded me of that presser where Kobe sat there promising he and LA weren't going to disappear like the Pistons did or anything and would be back reloaded next year.

Between that and Mitch looking like the pop from Taken in the crowd, I expected a move, but I did think it was funny reading KD saying he told them all a month before that he would get Nash and then Dwight
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzePB3dla2U

JasonJohnHorn
08-27-2012, 05:00 PM
Collusion or confidence in management?

It is not collusion because they were trades. It would only be collusion if they were free agents that signed there.

justjames
08-27-2012, 05:14 PM
Nostrakobus

Losoway
08-27-2012, 05:14 PM
kobe better make it out the 2 round

8kobe24
08-27-2012, 06:32 PM
Wonder what else Kobe told Durant? "In 3 years you will be a Laker. You and Dwight will carry the torch. The next greatest 1-2 punch."

last stand
08-27-2012, 08:31 PM

ya, kobe's never done that before:rolleyes:

Sactown
08-27-2012, 08:43 PM
The Lakers always get the players they want, all they have to do is confirm it's possible through NBA2K12

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-27-2012, 08:50 PM

Every single one of your posts deserve that Stephen A. face palm that you have in your sig.

You're Welcome.

Aust
08-28-2012, 05:47 AM
More interested in that movie. Thunderstruck? Sounds like an overused ESPN pun

RaiderLakersA's
08-28-2012, 09:27 AM

You write that as if he's never made it out of the second round before or ever won a title.

7 NBA Finals appearances, 5 championships.

Count the rings, maaaaan!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

RaiderLakersA's
08-28-2012, 09:31 AM
Wonder what else Kobe told Durant? "In 3 years you will be a Laker. You and Dwight will carry the torch. The next greatest 1-2 punch."

I don't see Durant leaving OKC. But Westbrook is another story. That kid has that wide-eyed hungry look. He wants the fame and the glory on the biggest of stages. He'll be in LA or NYC before his career is done.

Lakeshow24KB
08-28-2012, 09:51 AM
I wonder if there would've been a different outcome if Bynum played for team USA....

RaiderLakersA's
08-28-2012, 10:06 AM
I wonder if there would've been a different outcome if Bynum played for team USA....

I doubt it. The Lakers have been trying to get Dwight for the past 2 seasons. Mitch knew it would take at least Bynum to get the deal done. Whether on the Olympic team or not, Bynum was going to be moved the minute Orlando found terms that they liked.

I can't rave enough about Mitch. In hindsight, one way or the other the Lakers were going to be a stacked team this year. If Stern hadn't voided the trade for CP3, we would have had Paul, Howard, Artest, Jameson, and Kobe on the roster going into the 2012 season. Not bad. But instead we go into the season with Nash, Howard, Gasol, Artest and Kobe with Jameson leading the bench mob. In a 7 game series against any team, I like our chances.

Heatcheck
08-28-2012, 10:28 AM
[QUOTE=LakersSaintsLSU;23449952]This guy.......

wrong quote

C-Style
08-28-2012, 11:33 AM
I don't see Durant leaving OKC. But Westbrook is another story. That kid has that wide-eyed hungry look. He wants the fame and the glory on the biggest of stages. He'll be in LA or NYC before his career is done.

Clippers, cause I don't want him nowhere near the Lakers

#Shumpert Up
08-28-2012, 12:44 PM

very clever :clap:

SportsFanatic10
08-29-2012, 04:11 PM
Clippers, cause I don't want him nowhere near the Lakers

why? you worried he'd pass kobe for 2nd greatest laker?