PDA

View Full Version : 13 Points 33 seconds

Alayla
08-27-2012, 12:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceLlz7dOOvY
Some how some way people dont think this man is clutch one of the greatest moments in history imo.

thekmp211
08-27-2012, 01:44 AM
world history?

whitemamba33
08-27-2012, 01:50 AM
If people cared as much about TMAC as they do Kobe Bryant, this thread would get lit up.

b@llhog24
08-27-2012, 01:57 AM
:worthy:

heyman321
08-27-2012, 02:14 AM
too bad that's his career highlight.

Lakerhead4ever
08-27-2012, 02:15 AM
that was amazing. dont know about him being clutch though. Now his cousin VC was clutch

Mave1002
08-27-2012, 02:22 AM
Play for Purple & Gold!

http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/blog/ball_dont_lie/post/tracy-mcgrady-wants-to-be-on-the-lakers?urn=nba,wp6509

Best offer: MMLE remainder $1.59 million

Jamison signed for [$1,352,181] and Meeks for [$1,500,000]

As far back as I can remember...

June 20, 2010 at 7:54 pm
Bleacher Report: Tracy McGrady would like to sign with the 2010 NBA champion Lakers, and has forwarded that sentiment to his agent and close colleagues, according to sources within the Lakers’ front office.

…Ron Artest, the defensive-minded role player who played a huge factor in this year’s Lakers-Celtics NBA Finals, has reached out to McGrady to “end his career as a champion.”

http://****************/2010/06/tmac-wants-to-play-for-the-lakers/

Full 15-man roster:

D12 | Hill
Pau | Jamison | Clark
Artest | TMac | EBanks
Kobe| Meeks | Glock
Nash | Blake| Duhon | Morris

douglas
08-27-2012, 03:04 AM
That sure was a lot of points in a short amount of time!

STL Don
08-27-2012, 03:13 AM
Vintage T-Mac. This shows really how dominate McGrady could be at times, I'll never forget this moment for him.

DreamShaker
08-27-2012, 03:18 AM
T-Mac was streaky. His good streaks, though, were awesome! Another career highlight was that 20+ game win streak in his Rockets days. He was playing 48 minutes a game and willing that team to victory night after night. But his legacy will always be never leading his team to playoff sucess, fair or not.

asandhu23
08-27-2012, 03:46 AM
T-Mac will make the Hall of Fame. Not right away but 10- 20 years down the line, he will.

peterposma
08-27-2012, 03:50 AM
There's also a cool moment from the Bucks, the 55 seconds run. Can anyone send me the clip of it?

rocket
08-27-2012, 04:01 AM
That was possibly the most clutch performance ever in the NBA, just incredible.

b@llhog24
08-27-2012, 04:07 AM
That sure was a lot of points in a short amount of time!

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzb9lwu4sZ1r1mqmto2_500.png

douglas
08-27-2012, 04:31 AM
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lzb9lwu4sZ1r1mqmto2_500.png

That is a silly cartoon :p

kblo247
08-27-2012, 05:09 AM
He isn't called clutch because he's a first round virgin and those comments about the second round feeling good bit him in the ***, nothing more nothing less.

The regular season is where you show your game, the playoffs make your name I remember Stu Lantz once saying.

Alayla
08-27-2012, 07:51 AM
The point is It isnt fair to the man that he is blamed for the playoff failures i dont see how they where his fault its not as though he didnt show up.

Alayla
08-27-2012, 07:54 AM
that was amazing. dont know about him being clutch though. Now his cousin VC was clutch

My username says it all on my thoughts regarding VC.
amazingly he has some of the same silly nonsense criticisms as T mac does.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-27-2012, 08:29 AM
If T-Mac could sign with the Lakers, that would like automatically make them my second favorite team.

Trueblue2
08-27-2012, 08:32 AM
Look at Manu with hair

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 08:54 AM
I was at that game. It was unreal. Game was over. Um, guess not, McGrady is now going nova..

BobbyHillSwag
08-27-2012, 09:02 AM
Anyone that saw that 62 point game from tmac saw how good he was. ***** was chucking the worst shots ive ever seen and i mean worse than godBe could chuck. Sinking 3's left and right. He had to shoot atleast 12 3's that game lmao, dude was chucking evertime he came down the court.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 09:10 AM
its funny how the people left before the game ended

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 09:13 AM
its funny how the people left before the game ended

I got up, and was starting to leave, and he hit his first one. I still had some or my drink left, so I was standing there trying to finish it so I could leave, and he hit another big shot. A lot of fans leaving ended up coming back into the hallways and packing them because the crowd kept getting louder.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 09:22 AM
I got up, and was starting to leave, and he hit his first one. I still had some or my drink left, so I was standing there trying to finish it so I could leave, and he hit another big shot. A lot of fans leaving ended up coming back into the hallways and packing them because the crowd kept getting louder.

must of been amazing watching history in the making...

Ill21
08-27-2012, 09:37 AM
I forgot about that. t-Mac never gets enough respect.

Alayla
08-27-2012, 09:37 AM

damn you are one lucky SOB

cbreezy34
08-27-2012, 09:43 AM
Jay Williams during the Duke Maryland comeback was the most insane clutch performance.

Alayla
08-27-2012, 09:46 AM
Jay Williams during the Duke Maryland comeback was the most insane clutch performance.

mind linking me to it? never seen it TBH

jericho
08-27-2012, 10:01 AM
too bad that's his career highlight.

i know you a toronto fan but did you actually watched his career after he left toronto for orlando he was considered by many the best sg in the league by that time

jericho
08-27-2012, 10:06 AM
T-Mac was streaky. His good streaks, though, were awesome! Another career highlight was that 20+ game win streak in his Rockets days. He was playing 48 minutes a game and willing that team to victory night after night. But his legacy will always be never leading his team to playoff sucess, fair or not.

was that his fault thats a team acomplishment he was 1 of the only players in the nba to increase his avereges from the season to the playoffs tell me who was his second go to scorer in those teams that he played an injured hill with the magic or an injured yao ming

rockets-fan
08-27-2012, 10:08 AM
I was also at this game, I remember my girlfriend laughing at me because she is a spurs fan. We stayed till the end because she wanted me to see the " disappointment" in the rockets faces....yea she wanted to jump out of the car on the way home haha

jericho
08-27-2012, 10:16 AM
That was possibly the most clutch performance ever in the NBA, just incredible.

i love tmac he is 1 of my fav players of all time but reggie miller was more clutch he scored 8 points in like 20 seconds against my knicks :(

alleyooptocoop
08-27-2012, 10:19 AM
isn't mcgrady that old guy on sanford and son?

lookie8
08-27-2012, 10:32 AM
was that his fault thats a team acomplishment he was 1 of the only players in the nba to increase his avereges from the season to the playoffs tell me who was his second go to scorer in those teams that he played an injured hill with the magic or an injured yao ming

You can point the finger anywhere you want, but the fact is he still hasn't gotten out of the first round.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 10:39 AM
must of been amazing watching history in the making...

against the team I hated the most at that time haha. It was awesome.

"Eff you Spurs!"

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 10:48 AM
damn, just re-watched that. Forgot how amazing the last shot was. And he did all that against Bruce Bowen.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 10:50 AM
I was also at this game, I remember my girlfriend laughing at me because she is a spurs fan. We stayed till the end because she wanted me to see the " disappointment" in the rockets faces....yea she wanted to jump out of the car on the way home haha

How could you date a Spurs fan? I have limits...

hell, I wouldn't touch Longoria with a 10 foot pole.

Mave1002
08-27-2012, 10:50 AM
If T-Mac could sign with the Lakers, that would like automatically make them my second favorite team.

With Mitch Kupchack making all these things possible, I wouldnt be surprised anymore.

http://i53.tinypic.com/2a7953n.png

This is a bit cliche but yeah,

DO IT MITCH.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 10:55 AM
against the team I hated the most at that time haha. It was awesome.

"Eff you Spurs!"

as a Knick fan, i hate the Spurs too, for stopping us from making history in 1999. so yeah
"Eff you Spurs!"

jericho
08-27-2012, 10:58 AM
You can point the finger anywhere you want, but the fact is he still hasn't gotten out of the first round.

you are the 1 pointing the finger in all directions when the fact is that out of all the superstars in the league only a few have had better stats in the post season and he is 1 of them if his team isnt showing up it aint his fault look up his stats during the post season when he was at the top of his game and tell me he didnt do anything he could

whitemamba33
08-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Some of the people in here crack me up because you KNOW that if this was a Kobe thread they would be throwing stats and numbers all day to try and prove he's not clutch. It's a witch hunt.

jericho
08-27-2012, 11:00 AM
as a Knick fan, i hate the Spurs too, for stopping us from making history in 1999. so yeah
"Eff you Spurs!"

i hate the spurs 2 lol:mad:

Rocketsfan85
08-27-2012, 11:05 AM
I'll never forget that moment I remember watching the game that night

rocket
08-27-2012, 11:15 AM
i love tmac he is 1 of my fav players of all time but reggie miller was more clutch he scored 8 points in like 20 seconds against my knicks :(

They were down 10 with 50 seconds left. The Spurs made about every single free throw that they shot down that 50 second stretch. This comeback was insane.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 11:16 AM
Some of the people in here crack me up because you KNOW that if this was a Kobe thread they would be throwing stats and numbers all day to try and prove he's not clutch. It's a witch hunt.

if that did happen, it would be because someone brought it up either way (yes/no), and it exploded from there. I mean, this is PSD dude, what do you expect?

Fact is, if it was Kobe who nailed those 4 consecutive bombs like that in a single game, the game itself is what should be talked about. Same for any player.

jericho
08-27-2012, 11:20 AM
They were down 10 with 50 seconds left. The Spurs made about every single free throw that they shot down that 50 second stretch. This comeback was insane.

i know i watched that game and i celebrated it for like 2 days but reggies was equally insane i would post the link for it but im at work and they blocked youtube :( lol

rocket
08-27-2012, 11:22 AM

That wasn't even close to this. Maryland kept turning the ball over and didn't make a single point after the 10 point lead. The spurs turned the ball over 1 time and it was the last play T-Mac made 4 three pointers in a row w/a 4 point play. And the Spurs iirc didn't miss a single free-throw.

Heediot
08-27-2012, 11:26 AM
Prior to the last minute, he had an atrocious shooting game which probably help put Houston in that hole.

NBA-GMaster
08-27-2012, 12:02 PM
IT WAS EPIC!! Im thinking now, what team will tmac sign?? Im guessing OKC or Indy..
Backing up Durant or Granger

CoffeeJanitor
08-27-2012, 12:29 PM
I remember watching this on TV back then. Truly incredible.

E.O.21
08-27-2012, 12:50 PM
Prime Tmac > Prime Kobe

Yea I said it :cool:

SteBO
08-27-2012, 12:55 PM
Honestly, if any player did anything remotely like this it would be praised and talked about.

mdm692
08-27-2012, 01:04 PM
:sigh: boy do I miss T-mac and Agent Zero. The best comeback of all time IMO is Brandon Roy vs the Mavs.

Lakerfan In NY
08-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Prime Tmac > Prime Kobe

:speechless:

mdm692
08-27-2012, 01:05 PM
Prime Tmac > Prime Kobe

you aint lying.

IndyRealist
08-27-2012, 01:14 PM
"one of the greatest moments in history" is a stretch, but people only remember "T-Mac the backup" and "T-Mac the injured", and forget the years he was tearing up the league.

And, 8 points in 9 seconds thank-you-very-much. :cool:

Hustlenomics
08-27-2012, 01:30 PM
I still remember watching this live I was thinking about changing the channel thinking the game was over until he started hitting threes. Legendary performance

lookie8
08-27-2012, 01:49 PM
you are the 1 pointing the finger in all directions when the fact is that out of all the superstars in the league only a few have had better stats in the post season and he is 1 of them if his team isnt showing up it aint his fault look up his stats during the post season when he was at the top of his game and tell me he didnt do anything he could

All those playoff stats, they are first round stats, right?

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 01:51 PM
Prime Tmac > Prime Kobe

Peak TMac yes, Prime, no.

lookie8
08-27-2012, 01:58 PM
"one of the greatest moments in history" is a stretch, but people only remember "T-Mac the backup" and "T-Mac the injured", and forget the years he was tearing up the league.

I was trying to recollect Reggie Miller's playoff feat.

jericho
08-27-2012, 02:43 PM
Prime Tmac > Prime Kobe

im with ya bra :)

jericho
08-27-2012, 02:44 PM

dont remind me of that i thought it was 20 but 9 seconds i hate reggie :mad:

jericho
08-27-2012, 02:48 PM
All those playoff stats, they are first round stats, right?

without a good supporting cast hey it took lebron wade and bosh to win a championship the closest thing tmac ever had to a star player was shane battier plz come at me when you actually have a chance at winning an argument or at least have a good point to make

whitemamba33
08-27-2012, 02:58 PM
if that did happen, it would be because someone brought it up either way (yes/no), and it exploded from there. I mean, this is PSD dude, what do you expect?

Fact is, if it was Kobe who nailed those 4 consecutive bombs like that in a single game, the game itself is what should be talked about. Same for any player.

Kobe Bryant isn't short on amazing performances. 81 point game? 61+ in three quarters against Dallas? 56 in three quarters in 2002. 42 in a half (Lakrs record) in his last meeting with MJ. 9 game 40+ streak. 12 3 pointers in a single game. Take a stroll through th PSD archives when people are talking about those moments, and tell me that people are just focused on "the game". And it's not just Kobe...people do the same thing for LeBron and some of the other league's superstars. You might even see yourself in a couple of those threads
I've personally seen you argue before against people who only remember the ones that fall and forget the misses. I've always agreed with you on that. Every time Kobe hits a clutch shot and an excited Lakers fan posts about it, you show up wit your copy and pasted numbers to try and ruin the fun. Now we are in a thread where McGrady is being called clutch because of a single game's performance, and now the only thing that is important is the game? You've never been shy to hide the fact that you hate Kobe and the Lakers...so I don't know why I expected different. My bad.

I'm not trying to hate, it's just hypocritical - that's all.

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 03:04 PM
Kobe Bryant isn't short on amazing performances. 81 point game? 61+ in three quarters against Dallas? 56 in three quarters in 2002. 42 in a half (Lakrs record) in his last meeting with MJ. 9 game 40+ streak. 12 3 pointers in a single game. Take a stroll through th PSD archives when people are talking about those moments, and tell me that people are just focused on "the game". And it's not just Kobe...people do the same thing for LeBron and some of the other league's superstars. You might even see yourself in a couple of those threads
I've personally seen you argue before against people who only remember the ones that fall and forget the misses. I've always agreed with you on that. Now we are in a thread where McGrady is being called clutch because of a single game's performance, and now the only thing that is important is the game? You've never been shy to hide the fact that you hate Kobe and the Lakers...so I don't know why I expected different. My bad.

I'm not trying to hate, it's just hypocritical - that's all.

Hypocritical? No. Typical? Of course. Many fans are much more warm and receptive to certain players, or certain feats by players. That will never change unless we remove the emotional part of humans. Your first post is the definition of this, as is mine in the Melo thread just created :facepalm:

whitemamba33
08-27-2012, 03:15 PM
Hypocritical? No. Typical? Of course. Many fans are much more warm and receptive to certain players, or certain feats by players. That will never change unless we remove the emotional part of humans. Your first post is the definition of this, as is mine in the Melo thread just created :facepalm:

Hypocritical? Yes. Typical? Yes. Don't fool yourself.

I'm just going to be interested to see how many pages go by until someone decides to bring up the fact that TMAC'S clutch numbers are really not all that impressive. Or are we all just going to remember the makes and forget the misses?

Hawkeye15
08-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Hypocritical? Yes. Typical? Yes. Don't fool yourself.

well, as I said, until you turn everyone into a machine, do you expect any of it to change? You are as guilty as anyone, don't claim otherwise.

whitemamba33
08-27-2012, 03:23 PM
well, as I said, until you turn everyone into a machine, do you expect any of it to change? You are as guilty as anyone, don't claim otherwise.

I've broughten it up..haven't I? The rest is just an interesting experiment to me. How long are people going to shove it under the rug?

I'm not guilty of anything. I'm accusing people of calling him clutch based on one performance...how am I guilty of doing what they are doing? I don't bring the numbers to the fight when it's a Kobe thread, so why would I do it now? You do. I don't believe the numbers tell the whole story. My question is where are the numbers warriors now?

lookie8
08-27-2012, 03:38 PM
without a good supporting cast hey it took lebron wade and bosh to win a championship the closest thing tmac ever had to a star player was shane battier plz come at me when you actually have a chance at winning an argument or at least have a good point to make

Are you joking? Lebron got Cavs to Finals with less help than McGrady had.

jericho
08-27-2012, 04:02 PM
Are you joking? Lebron got Cavs to Finals with less help than McGrady had.

mo will big z delonte west jamison even shaq at that old age were all better help than what tmac had yeah he played with yao but when did they actually played together during the post season yao was always injured

jericho
08-27-2012, 04:12 PM

sorry hawkeye i have nothing against you i love the timberwolves i think you 1 of the best posters over here and i hate melo even tho he a knick but if everybody is having an argument with you you would think is because of something maybe try changing the way you express yourself you know most of us knick fans are stubborn as hell we are only rivaled by the heat fans in these lol but i kinda notice is not just knick fans going at it with ya anyways my bad 4 getting in the way lol just felt i had to say it

TrueFan420
08-27-2012, 04:26 PM
Reggie millers 8 points in 9 seconds was sicker... Well atleast to me it was

lookie8
08-27-2012, 04:56 PM
mo will big z delonte west jamison even shaq at that old age were all better help than what tmac had yeah he played with yao but when did they actually played together during the post season yao was always injured

Let me send you somewhere that you can learn something about the NBA game.

Check out the Cavs roster that made it to the Finals

McGrady and Yao played all 7 playoff games together in '05 & '07

whitemamba33
08-27-2012, 05:52 PM
Reggie millers 8 points in 9 seconds was sicker... Well atleast to me it was

I agree. Both are very impressive - but to do it in the playoffs against their rival makes it so much more significant than what TMAC did.

lookie8
08-27-2012, 06:38 PM
I agree. Both are very impressive - but to do it in the playoffs against their rival makes it so much more significant than what TMAC did.

Reggie's feat was something to behold

jericho
08-27-2012, 07:24 PM

Let me send you somewhere that you can learn something about the NBA game.

Check out the Cavs roster that made it to the Finals

McGrady and Yao played all 7 playoff games together in '05 & '07

Drew gooden was ok back then big z was still big z booby Gibson was lights out from downtown donyell Marshall scored in bunches varejao snow David west the small pg Shannon brown sucked back then yeah I know who was in that finals team I was rooting for Lebron (my god Did I just say that) still better team than anything tax ever had even including the limited time that Yao and tmac played together by the way I tried googling those 05 and 07 teams you said but I'm on my phone kinda diff to find it now so can ya send me a link for that and I'll maybe even give you half the battle

lookie8
08-27-2012, 08:38 PM
Drew gooden was ok back then big z was still big z booby Gibson was lights out from downtown donyell Marshall scored in bunches varejao snow David west the small pg Shannon brown sucked back then yeah I know who was in that finals team I was rooting for Lebron (my god Did I just say that) still better team than anything tax ever had even including the limited time that Yao and tmac played together by the way I tried googling those 05 and 07 teams you said but I'm on my phone kinda diff to find it now so can ya send me a link for that and I'll maybe even give you half the battle

Google something like 'Drew Gooden, stats'.

That will bring you a list with 'Drew Gooden, stats. ABA and NBA' under basketballreference.com.

that will bring you a trove of treasures on every player and every team from every NBA season. Enjoy.

Auseranami
08-27-2012, 09:01 PM
Reggie's feat was something to behold

I hated new York, but reg totally pushed Greg Anthony.

Gambeezy
08-27-2012, 10:10 PM
on 12/29 shooting...shabby.

Some very clutch shots at the end though.

lookie8
08-27-2012, 10:39 PM
I hated new York, but reg totally pushed Greg Anthony.

And Reggie has to live with that guilt every single day.

EastNYLos
08-27-2012, 11:21 PM
:clap:

Steelers23_06
08-27-2012, 11:31 PM
why hasnt this been closed yet?! this is a thread about something that happened 8 years ago and ppl are talking about reggie miller and drew gooden. i know its offseason but commonnnn

cheaptrikz
08-27-2012, 11:34 PM
new account JB?

Kashmir13579
08-28-2012, 12:07 AM
I remember watching this live and i NEVER get tired of watching it. I'll never forget this madness.

Long live T-Mac!

Kashmir13579
08-28-2012, 12:08 AM
The four point play was unconscious. T-Mac should've been the best of all time and i'm not even joking.

Kashmir13579
08-28-2012, 12:11 AM
:drool:

Losoway
08-28-2012, 01:44 AM
yea this was the greatest thing i ever seen

but no one cares about tmac

Steelers23_06
08-28-2012, 01:49 AM
The four point play was unconscious. T-Mac should've been the best of all time and i'm not even joking.

x2 i was just saying the other day in another thread i feel he just couldnt adapt to his body not being athletic like kobe did. he should have worked on less athletic moves like post moves and playing off the pick and roll. but instead i feel he just admitted defeat. its a shame though :(

Chronz
08-28-2012, 11:17 AM
x2 i was just saying the other day in another thread i feel he just couldnt adapt to his body not being athletic like kobe did. he should have worked on less athletic moves like post moves and playing off the pick and roll. but instead i feel he just admitted defeat. its a shame though :(
LMFAO sounds like you dont know the only reason Tmac stayed in the league so long after his debilitating back problems was BECAUSE he focused on PnR and post play. Those are literally his only go to moves now. His vision and ball handling didnt develop on their own either.

Kobe is MUCH quicker than Tmac, much more athletic overall. Find a new reason to hate on Tmac, one that actually makes sense.

BobbyHillSwag
08-28-2012, 11:24 AM

tbh, tmac's post game was kind of like melo's not as good because he wasnt as strong but it was. His face up game was sick though. Also running the pnr was one of his strengths on houston. Dude was a great playmaker too. He adapted very well, but injuries just overwhelmed him.