PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade- The One who Changed Everything

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 01:27 PM
Imagine a world inwhich Dwyane Wade went to the Bulls, Chris Bosh would have followed Wade on to the bulls. Before Bosh and Wade went to the Heat, Lebron bought a mansion in New York and most NBA Players thought Lebron would be on the Knicks.
If Wade went to the Bulls, He wouldeve been on a Squad of Rose/Wade/Deng/Bosh/Noah. They would have been the favorite to win the title. The Heat wouldeve had a Lineup of Chambers/JamesJones/?/Boozer/Haslem. It would have been a low seeded/lottery team with barely any bandwagons, and imagine, nobody would be wearing and heat caps or people saying "Oh ive been a fan for a looooong time," when ofcourse they are lying. Now, if LeBron went to the Knicks, the line up would have been Felton/W.Chandler/Lebron/Stoudemire/Turiaf. A good frontcourt with an exceptable chance at 3-4th seed. But wait, another thought, Chris Paul would have forced his way to NY. Making a lineup of Paul/Fields/James/Stoudemire/Turiaf. The battle between Bulls and Knicks would have been fierce and very watchable.
Carmelo Anthony would have been a Net. A lineup of Billups/J.R.Smith/Anthony/Humpries/Lopez, a very interesting team. But no Deron Williams. The Jazz would be a good playoff team still. But would Dallas have a Championship?
Alot was in the hands of Dwyane Wade and he didnt even know it. lebron would be loved still. chris Bosh still wouldnt be that popular. Amare would still be playing well. Yep. All in the hands of Dwyane Wade

Sactown
08-26-2012, 01:30 PM
Fantasy Island, where your dreams come true! and reality can only be seen from Sarah Palin's house!

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2012, 01:36 PM
Does every rediculous theory deserve a thread now?

While i uderstand your point all the random domino effects you claim are rediculous.

1 if d wade did go to chicago what makes u think Bosh would still go to miami? He'd have a better chance of staying in toronto or joining lebron in NY or Dallas (his hometown).

ANd whos to say Lebron goes to NY? He might have stayed in the cavs because the only reason he went to miami is to have a chance at multiple championships NY doesnt give him that chance. So he'd probably take his chances stayin in Cleveland then but agan u cant just assume he goes to NY.

The rest is even more rediculous.

And from a Heat fan perspective Riley had backup plans hell the season before 2010 FA he almost traded for boozer (and/or amare) and almost signed Lamar Odom when he was a FA (which was very close to happening) LO choose LA though * Thank god cause if not we might not have had the cap for the big 3.

And i can only assume the other teams u mentioned had similar backups.

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 01:38 PM
yeah but why would Lebron put together the 2 hour and 30 day special of the "Decision" just to say he was staying. He was leaving regardless. You know how much mney was put into that?

BHF
08-26-2012, 01:40 PM
Imagine a world inwhich Dwyane Wade went to the Bulls, Chris Bosh would have been alone on the Heat. Before Bosh and Wade went to the Heat, Lebron bought a mansion in New York and most NBA Players thought Lebron would be on the Knicks.
If Wade went to the Bulls, He wouldeve been on a Squad of Rose/Wade/Deng/Boozer/Noah. They would have been the favorite to win the title. The Heat wouldeve had a Lineup of Chambers/JamesJones/?/Bosh/Haslem. It would have been a low seeded team with barely any bandwagons, and imagine, nobody would be wearing and heat caps or people saying "Oh ive been a fan for a looooong time," when ofcourse they are lying. Now, if LeBron went to the Knicks, the line up would have been Felton/W.Chandler/Lebron/Stoudemire/Turiaf. A good frontcourt with an exceptable chance at 3-4th seed. But wait, another thought, Chris Paul would have forced his way to NY. Making a lineup of Paul/Fields/James/Stoudemire/Turiaf. The battle between Bulls and Knicks would have been fierce and very watchable.
Carmelo Anthony would have been a Net. A lineup of Billups/J.R.Smith/Anthony/Humpries/Lopez, a very interesting team. But no Deron Williams. The Jazz would be a good playoff team still. But would Dallas have a Championship?
Alot was in the hands of Dwyane Wade and he didnt even know it. lebron would be loved still. chris Bosh still wouldnt be that popular. Amare would still be playing well. Yep. All in the hands of Dwyane Wade

no Bosh would have stayed with the raptors or joined some other team

nicegoing
08-26-2012, 01:42 PM
Way to many what ifs and way to many assumptions being made here.

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2012, 01:42 PM
But What if NY fans werent such douches? and the media therefor didnt blow up every little thing. Would players like Lebron then have gone there instead of players who just care about getting their max money like melo and amare. Would the franchise be more respected to have attracted Phil Jackson instead of getting burned by him because even he knows they arent a winning mentality franchise?

Maybe Dwight then goes to MIlwaukee? ......no

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2012, 01:45 PM
yeah but why would Lebron put together the 2 hour and 30 day special of the "Decision" just to say he was staying. He was leaving regardless. You know how much mney was put into that?

This is exactly why most people in who watched the decision have a ignorant bias towards lebron. If people actually did their homework on it and thought about it they would know 1) his people told him to do it 2) he didnt want to do it but once charity was involved (yess ALL the profit went to charity) he then decided to do it). So he didnt put together the decision ESPN/ABC and his group pushed him into it the charity aspect made him think why not.

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 01:49 PM
But What if NY fans werent such douches? and the media therefor didnt blow up every little thing. Would players like Lebron then have gone there instead of players who just care about getting their max money like melo and amare. Would the franchise be more respected to have attracted Phil Jackson instead of getting burned by him because even he knows they arent a winning mentality franchise?

Maybe Dwight then goes to MIlwaukee? ......no
whats your problem? first off Phil had sour grapes because the knicks didnt call him. and You hate knicks beacause???? oh yeah, you are trying to impress people you dont know. i actual feel bad for you and everyone who lives around you...

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 01:51 PM
This is exactly why most people in who watched the decision have a ignorant bias towards lebron. If people actually did their homework on it and thought about it they would know 1) his people told him to do it 2) he didnt want to do it but once charity was involved (yess ALL the profit went to charity) he then decided to do it). So he didnt put together the decision ESPN/ABC and his group pushed him into it the charity aspect made him think why not.

that has nothing to do with what i said. plus it would have took more money to put together rather thann the money they got out of it.

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2012, 01:55 PM
whats your problem? first off Phil had sour grapes because the knicks didnt call him. and You hate knicks beacause???? oh yeah, you are trying to impress people you dont know. i actual feel bad for you and everyone who lives around you...

I dont hate the knicks i liked our rivalry i have many friends who are knick fans i just cant stand the rediculous assumptions they always make like when u guys swore u were getting lebron and every other big name FA. And even now you try to take a shot at the heat fans with the bandwagon comment in your OP and act like our team would be stupid enough to just take on Chris Bosh and add no other pieces with all that cap.

Basically acting like know it alls who dont actually know very much (with the exception of a few Knick fans who have come into the HEAT forum and had meangful conversation)

Again i like seeing u guys in the playoffs but then i soon come to regret it when i have to hear u guys flapping your mouths like you're gods gift to basketball franchises and constantly overrating yourselves while putting down others.

Hoopsadvocate
08-26-2012, 02:00 PM
that has nothing to do with what i said. plus it would have took more money to put together rather thann the money they got out of it.

Lebron put 0 money into it ESPN wanted the coverage of the biggest FA i history. They asked he declined the charity factor got involved then he changed his mind. Ignorant people then choose to make him the scapegoat claiming it was his ego and he wanted it to be all about him when in fact he had almost 0 input on it he simply agreed to do a charity event where he would speak for 2-5 minutes and help a charity gain thousands of dollars.

What he failed to put into account is peoples hate and willingness to place blame for the most insignificant thing when they feel spited. Because if he had said he would go to NY during the Decision all these NY threads including probably this one would be replaced with " Is lebron the best of all time" threads made 2-3 times a day just worded slightly different in each thread so they can validate their thread worthyness.

naps
08-26-2012, 02:01 PM
Really?

1. Why the **** on earth Bosh would go to Miami if Wade or LeBron was not there in the first place?

2. Why would LeBron go to a team that would be Cleveland all over again?

3. Why would Wade leave the chance to play with world's greatest player and a top PF?

4. How the **** Knicks land CP3 with LeBron and Amare on the roster. Who do the trade?

5. No money was put in ESPN show. LeBron raised $2.5 millions for boys and girls club. What are you talking about?

6. Why are 4/5 Knicks posters so terrible and are trolling the true Knicks fans?

Listen, this is a pathetic thread. You are crying hard because LeBron ditched NY like a *****. You can't fault Wade for Knicks irrelevancy and not being to get past the first round. It's not Wade's fault that Knicks essentially were forced to invest in two blackholes who are good for nothing in terms of championships.

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 02:03 PM
I dont hate the knicks i liked our rivalry i have many friends who are knick fans i just cant stand the rediculous assumptions they always make like when u guys swore u were getting lebron and every other big name FA. And even now you try to take a shot at the heat fans with the bandwagon comment in your OP and act like our team would be stupid enough to just take on Chris Bosh and add no other pieces with all that cap.

Basically acting like know it alls who dont actually know very much (with the exception of a few Knick fans who have come into the HEAT forum and had meangful conversation)

Again i like seeing u guys in the playoffs but then i soon come to regret it when i have to hear u guys flapping your mouths like you're gods gift to basketball franchises and constantly overrating yourselves while putting down others. your sig and comments says otherwise.

Lebron put 0 money into it ESPN wanted the coverage of the biggest FA i history. They asked he declined the charity factor got involved then he changed his mind. Ignorant people then choose to make him the scapegoat claiming it was his ego and he wanted it to be all about him when in fact he had almost 0 input on it he simply agreed to do a charity event where he would speak for 2-5 minutes and help a charity gain thousands of dollars.

What he failed to put into account is peoples hate and willingness to place blame for the most insignificant thing when they feel spited. Because if he had said he would go to NY during the Decision all these NY threads including probably this one would be replaced with " Is lebron the best of all time" threads made 2-3 times a day just worded slightly different in each thread so they can validate their thread worthyness.

He talked and had a Q&A conversation for an hour and 15 minutes. ESPN is who i said payed.
This is all Invalid.

97NYer
08-26-2012, 02:28 PM
Knicks had just barely enough money to afford 2 max contracts. After signing Felton all we could afford was Mozgov. If LeBron had come we would have been starting Douglas/Chandler/Gallinari/LeBron/Stoudemire.

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 02:35 PM
Knicks had just barely enough money to afford 2 max contracts. After signing Felton all we could afford was Mozgov. If LeBron had come we would have been starting Douglas/Chandler/Gallinari/LeBron/Stoudemire.

wow this is hilarious because you dont even know. lol the Knicks let traded the majority of the team away and signed Amare. What sold him away wasnt the contract, it was the fact that we still had enough money to sign another star and lebron didnt even care about contract. LOL

jimm120
08-26-2012, 02:49 PM
Does every rediculous theory deserve a thread now?

While i uderstand your point all the random domino effects you claim are rediculous.

1 if d wade did go to chicago what makes u think Bosh would still go to miami? He'd have a better chance of staying in toronto or joining lebron in NY or Dallas (his hometown).

ANd whos to say Lebron goes to NY? He might have stayed in the cavs because the only reason he went to miami is to have a chance at multiple championships NY doesnt give him that chance. So he'd probably take his chances stayin in Cleveland then but agan u cant just assume he goes to NY.

The rest is even more rediculous.

And from a Heat fan perspective Riley had backup plans hell the season before 2010 FA he almost traded for boozer (and/or amare) and almost signed Lamar Odom when he was a FA (which was very close to happening) LO choose LA though * Thank god cause if not we might not have had the cap for the big 3.

And i can only assume the other teams u mentioned had similar backups.

personally, yes, this thread is meh. But it might be a valid discussion which might entertain some a little bit.

I was intrigued enough to read the OP and 2-3 messages. That's all the entertainment/discussion that this thread brought for me. For others, they might read the whole thread and contribute. For others, DON'T CLICK ON THE THREAD AND READ IT.

Simple as that. Its nice to have an opinion. THis opinion to me was meh, but I'm sure it brought something to someoen. No need to be bashing "oh, don't start threads".

mavwar53
08-26-2012, 02:50 PM
Wow, just wow

bucketss
08-26-2012, 03:24 PM
bosh would have went to new york, pretty sure he was the #1 power forward on the market in 2010

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 03:31 PM
bosh would have went to new york, pretty sure he was the #1 power forward on the market in 2010

no, just no

unleashthebeast
08-26-2012, 03:35 PM
There is no chance in hell that Bosh would have still gone to the HEAT hahahahaha.

He probably would have gone to the Bulls honestly. Rose-Wade-Deng-Bosh-Noah

unleashthebeast
08-26-2012, 03:36 PM
no, just no

Umm, what? Bosh absolutely was the #1 big available in the summer of 2010. Best all around offensive game out of the available bigs, as well as no injury concerns and solid defense.

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 03:39 PM
Umm, what? Bosh absolutely was the #1 big available in the summer of 2010. Best all around offensive game, no injury concerns, solid defense.

he said that bosh wold have gone to the KNICKS. Plus at that time Amare and Dirk were better than Bosh and were both FA

unleashthebeast
08-26-2012, 03:42 PM
If I remember correctly, didn't the Knicks offer Bosh a max contract? Then he rejected and they moved on to Amare. I guarantee you every GM in the league preferred Bosh man. And I'm not trying to bait or anything because I respect your opinion, I just am confused as to why you think teams preferred Amare?

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 03:47 PM
i dont think that

Ethix11
08-26-2012, 03:48 PM
What if, what if... Miami had planned this around the time they got rid of Shaq. No one in the league was talking about it except for a few people on the Heat and a few whispers here and there. They controled their destiny, they didn't sit back and speculate the way you have.

Dade County
08-26-2012, 03:49 PM
Imagine a world inwhich Dwyane Wade went to the Bulls, Chris Bosh would have been alone on the Heat. Before Bosh and Wade went to the Heat, Lebron bought a mansion in New York and most NBA Players thought Lebron would be on the Knicks.
If Wade went to the Bulls, He wouldeve been on a Squad of Rose/Wade/Deng/Boozer/Noah. They would have been the favorite to win the title. The Heat wouldeve had a Lineup of Chambers/JamesJones/?/Bosh/Haslem. It would have been a low seeded team with barely any bandwagons, and imagine, nobody would be wearing and heat caps or people saying "Oh ive been a fan for a looooong time," when ofcourse they are lying. Now, if LeBron went to the Knicks, the line up would have been Felton/W.Chandler/Lebron/Stoudemire/Turiaf. A good frontcourt with an exceptable chance at 3-4th seed. But wait, another thought, Chris Paul would have forced his way to NY. Making a lineup of Paul/Fields/James/Stoudemire/Turiaf. The battle between Bulls and Knicks would have been fierce and very watchable.

:laugh:

So instead of being happy for a small market team, you rather them be garbage so the big market teams can stay on top :pity:

and :laugh2:

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 03:50 PM

So instead of being happy for a small market team, you rather them be garbage so the big market teams can stay on top :pity:

and :laugh2:

im just stating what was possible in a nutshell

ryang
08-26-2012, 03:53 PM
But it didn't happen.. Lebron did not want to save a franchize.. Your rival the MIAMI HEAT are better then you get over it..:punish:

Dade County
08-26-2012, 04:12 PM
If I remember correctly, didn't the Knicks offer Bosh a max contract? Then he rejected and they moved on to Amare. I guarantee you every GM in the league preferred Bosh man. And I'm not trying to bait or anything because I respect your opinion, I just am confused as to why you think teams preferred Amare?

You are correct... starvingknick is wrong

Every team want after Bosh... Houston GM told Bosh if he singed with the HEAT he will be lucky to even win 50games that season.

Bulls trade to get Wade then Bosh... Bulls GM wasn't playing that bull **** with Wade, teallng Wade sign the contract if you are really interested in us, Wade kept on saying that he needed time ( Wade was bullshiting )

Wade actually told the Ny front office that if they signed another star he would sign with them... Ny quickly signed Amare and Wade never should up or kept his word... Wade & Bosh hold press conference, and say they are joining the Miami HEAT

Note: Stoudemire talks about what wade Wade did ( google it ).

I think Lbj stays in Cleveland or finds his way to L.A some how

Wade was never leaving, but if Bosh would have refused to go to Miami... Wade would have been a Bull.

Bosh would have went to Houston or Dallas, if Chicago couldn't have paid him max money, but the bulls did have money for 2 max contracts.

All in all, bulls would have been sick, so I am so glad that the HEAT have PAT Riley as their GM. :clap:

Cal827
08-26-2012, 04:23 PM
Really?

1. Why the **** on earth Bosh would go to Miami if Wade or LeBron was not there in the first place?

2. Why would LeBron go to a team that would be Cleveland all over again?

3. Why would Wade leave the chance to play with world's greatest player and a top PF?

4. How the **** Knicks land CP3 with LeBron and Amare on the roster. Who do the trade?

5. No money was put in ESPN show. LeBron raised $2.5 millions for boys and girls club. What are you talking about?

6. Why are 4/5 Knicks posters so terrible and are trolling the true Knicks fans?

All of this

/ Thread

bucketss
08-26-2012, 04:40 PM
he said that bosh wold have gone to the KNICKS. Plus at that time Amare and Dirk were better than Bosh and were both FA

bosh was better than and is better now he was putting up like 26 and 12 before he got injured.

DoMeFavors
08-26-2012, 04:51 PM
LeBron never bought a house in NY, and he wanted to win a title. And Knicks wouldnt have had the cap space to get Felton. This is terrible.

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 04:53 PM
You are correct... starvingknick is wrong

Every team want after Bosh... Houston GM told Bosh if he singed with the HEAT he will be lucky to even win 50games that season.

Bulls trade to get Wade then Bosh... Bulls GM wasn't playing that bull **** with Wade, teallng Wade sign the contract if you are really interested in us, Wade kept on saying that he needed time ( Wade was bullshiting )

Wade actually told the Ny front office that if they signed another star he would sign with them... Ny quickly signed Amare and Wade never should up or kept his word... Wade & Bosh hold press conference, and say they are joining the Miami HEAT

Note: Stoudemire talks about what wade Wade did ( google it ).

I think Lbj stays in Cleveland or finds his way to L.A some how

Wade was never leaving, but if Bosh would have refused to go to Miami... Wade would have been a Bull.

Bosh would have went to Houston or Dallas, if Chicago couldn't have paid him max money, but the bulls did have money for 2 max contracts.

All in all, bulls would have been sick, so I am so glad that the HEAT have PAT Riley as their GM. :clap:

well I have only 2 things to say:
1. How am I wrong for saying that bosh would never come to NY?
2. You lost me at Lebron goes to LA.

alexander_37
08-26-2012, 05:01 PM
What if Lebron decided he didn't like earth and went to play with the Mon-Stars on planet glorb?

DR_1
08-26-2012, 05:31 PM
Fantasy Island, where your dreams come true! and reality can only be seen from Sarah Palin's house!

:laugh2:

SportsFanatic10
08-26-2012, 05:38 PM
haha some of the scenarios in the OP are hilarious.

StarvingKnick22
08-26-2012, 06:03 PM
what if, PSD users weren't such *******s about others' opinions. WHAT IF a person could make a point with real respective views of opinions by others without being called a stupid knick fan. Now, stop being a bunch of 11 year olds and act LIKE YOUR AGE. Jerk offs.

theheatles
08-26-2012, 06:16 PM
lol the knicks wind up with CP3 and LeBron, that's hilarious

MackSnackWrap
08-26-2012, 06:35 PM
Bosh couldve gone to the cavs with lebron. I remeber houston was trying to get bosh aswell. Bosh couldve also stayed with raps if this was the case.

Big Zo
08-26-2012, 09:07 PM
The thing is... **** the Knicks. :)

#Shumpert Up
08-26-2012, 09:25 PM
i agree with the fact that wade basically influenced the decision of most major free agents but if he did go to chicago you don't know where anyone else would have gone too many possibilities to truly guess

smiddy012
08-26-2012, 09:43 PM
Anybody who thinks Lebron followed Wade to Miami has got it wrong. Bosh and Wade followed Lebron, it was his decision, it's that simple.

smiddy012
08-26-2012, 09:56 PM
The big three were a packaged deal, wherever they were going they were going together.

The second most likely scenario (that never was) was the big 3 to Chicago. Together Bosh and Wade met with the Bull's FO not long before the decision, the Bulls were trying to shed Deng's contract in vein at the time. The only reason the Bulls would have tried to trade away Deng for nothing would have been to free up cap space for the big three. Wade and Bosh wouldn't have been sent by Lebron to meet with the Bull's FO unless the Bulls were in true consideration. The Bulls however were not a possibility because of their cap space. The big three landed in Miami because it was convenient for Wade and they had the cap space. I'm sure Pat Riley didn't hurt either.

Rose
Wade
Lebron
Bosh
Noah

MIGHT have happened if the Bulls had had the cap space. And if all Lebron wanted to do was win it would have been a better scenario for that. However the Bulls were not capable of signing all 3 to near-max deals, so the obvious and ideal landing spot was Miami.

People act like Lebron opened up a Pandora's box by colluding with Bosh and Wade... imagine if the big 3 joined Rose and Noah... I can't imagine the outcry that would have led to.

NoahH
08-26-2012, 10:01 PM
butterfly effect

Unrequited
08-26-2012, 10:02 PM
it was reported bosh would go where wade went, and the bulls didnt even pick up boozer at this point, they could have made a deal to get both wade and bosh

Aust
08-26-2012, 11:38 PM
lol you think Bosh would go to a Wadeless Heat :laugh:

Him being the man would be the Raptors 2.0

ClearSoulForce
08-26-2012, 11:39 PM
PG: Rose
SG: Wade
SF: Deng
PF: Bosh
C: Asik/Noah

that is dirty

BklynKnicks3
08-27-2012, 11:25 AM
thank god lebron aint go to the knicks id have to stop being a fan.

StarvingKnick22
08-27-2012, 12:08 PM
LeBron never bought a house in NY, and he wanted to win a title. And Knicks wouldnt have had the cap space to get Felton. This is terrible.

no comment