PDA

View Full Version : Mavs Forum ReDraft FINALS: Death Row @ Channel 4 News Team - Please vote!

BlondeBomber41
08-25-2012, 11:57 AM
We did a redraft in the Mavs forum over the last month and would appreciate everyones help in picking a winner. Please put your vote in on who you think would win a 7 game series between the two teams listed below. Please leave all bias out of your decision in interest of fairness!

The Channel 4 News Team have home court advantage.

Death Row Inmates

PG - Kyrie Irving - Tyreke Evans
SG - Jason Kidd - OJ Mayo - Raja Bell
SF - LeBron James - Dorell Wright
PF - Greg Monroe - Chris Andersen
C - Marcus Camby - Chris Kaman - Robin Lopez

Write Up:

Greg Monroe vs Chris Bosh
True Shooting Percentage [Monroe: .563 > Bosh: .551] AST Ratio [Monroe: 12.5 > Bosh: 9.0] Usage Rate [Monroe: 21.8 > Bosh: 21.6] Rebound Rate [Monroe: 18.3 > Bosh: 13.5] PER [Monroe: 22.09 > Bosh: 18.94] Estimated Win Shares [Monroe: 11.9 > Bosh: 7.4]
In no category is Bosh better than Monroe. Monroe is the superior offense threat, passer, rebounder (offensively and defensively), has the higher PER, and wins his team more games than Bosh. Not to mention, Monroe is the superior defender and has the versatility of guarding any PF and any C better than Bosh can.

Marcus Camby vs Dwight Howard
True Shooting Percentage [Camby: .455 < Howard .569] AST Ratio [Camby: 22.3 > Howard: 8.3] Usage Rate [Camby: 13.7 < Howard: 23.6] Rebound Rate [Camby: 22.8 > Howard: 21.9] PER [Camby: 16.25 < Howard: 24.29] Estimated Win Shares [Camby: 3.8 < Howard: 14.1]
Dwight Howard leads Channel 4 News on offense and defense so it is natural that he would have a significantly higher usage rate, score more points, and win more games for his team. Camby isn't used the same way Howard is being used; Camby is on the court for rebounding and defense. Camby has a higher rebound rate than Dwight Howard and when it comes to defense, Howard is slightly better than Camby but I have a feeling Channel 4 News will over estimate the gap due to Howard's reputation and Camby not being quite the defensive beast he was when he was defensive player of the year. There is no better center in the game today than Dwight Howard, but Camby is the perfect defensive force to guard Dwight, he is the better passer, and he is the better rebounder.

LeBron James vs Danny Granger
True Shooting Percentage [James: .605 > Granger: .542] AST Ratio [James: 19.4 > Granger: 8.5] Usage Rate [James: 29.8 > Granger: 23.7] Rebound Rate [James: 12.6 > Granger: 8.4] PER [James: 30.80 > Granger: 18.68]Estimated Win Shares [James: 23.5 > Granger: 8.4]
This is the most significant dispairity in all the starting line-up matches. LeBron is the better scorer, play-maker, passer, rebounder, and earns more wins for his team. In no area is Granger even remotely close to LeBron James. Surprisingly, Granger's usage rate isn't that much lower than James' but he has NOTHING to show for it. Furthermore, LeBron James is leaps and bounds a better defender than Granger and has the ability to play and guard all PGs, SGs, SFs, and most PFs.
Jason Kidd vs Courtney Lee
True Shooting Percentage [Kidd: .524 < Lee: .534] AST Ratio [Kidd: 41.2 > Lee: 11.4] Usage Rate: [Kidd: 13.5 < Lee: 16.1] Rebound Rate [Kidd: 8.1 > Lee: 5.2] PER [Kidd:13.11 > Lee: 12.61] Estimated Win Shares [Kidd: 1.4 < Lee: 1.8]
Lee has a higher usage rate but has much less to show for it. Sure Lee is a slightly more efficient shooter, but for someone who shoots 10 shots a game he is a fairly inefficient SG. Kidd, in fewer minutes and lower usage rate is a better defender, has higher basketball IQ, much better rebounding, and astronomically better play-maker and passer. Kidd also has championship expierence and veteran leadership to provide for the Inmates whereas Courtney Lee has only been in the playoffs ONCE. Also, lets not make a mistake about it, Kidd will start the game and end the game but OJ Mayo and Tyreke Evans will annihilate Lee on the court. Lee is simply outclassed and outmatched.
Kyrie Irving vs Stephen Curry
True Shooting Percentage AST Ratio [Irving: 21.7 < Curry: 26.6] Usage Rate: [Irving: 27.8 > Curry: 23.1] Rebound Rate [Irving: 7.0 > Curry: 6.8] PER [Irving: 21.49 > Curry: 21.23] Estimated Win Shares [Irving: 8.1 > Curry: 3.7]
Curry's advanced stats actually compete with Irving's. What the advanced stats don't show is how the difference between the two players is really significant. Curry plays below-to-average defense while Irving plays excellent lock-down defense. Irving can essentially do everything Curry can do, but he is a better scorer and defender. Irving will shut down Curry on defense but Curry won't do very well on defense against Irving. This is an open and closed match up with Irving being victorious.

Bench
As if Death Row's starters weren't already overwhelming, they easily have the most versatile and productive bench. George Hill is a mediocre 6th man while OJ Mayo and Tyreke Evans are leaps and bounds ahead of George Hill. Tayshaun Prince is a good defender but at this point in his career I'd say Dorell Wright is the better defender AND offensive player. Steve Novak is a one trick pony that will be ravaged by Chris Andersen and/or Dorell Wright. Emeka Okafor is horrible offensively but does provide a good back up for Dwight Howard on the defensive end. Chris Kaman will dominate Okafor offensively to complete a balanced scoring attack from the guard positions, forward positions, and center position. Who is going to score on the bench on Channel 4? George Hill... Who is going to score on the bench for the Death Row Inmates? OJ Mayo, Tyreke Evans, Dorell Wright, and Chris Kaman.

Conclusion
Death Rows starters, individually, are better play-makers, passers, and rebounders. Collectively, the Death Row inmates are better one-on-one defenders, and team help defenders. The Inmates are balanced offensively and have championship experience and leadership that Channel 4 news lacks. There are no babies on the Death Row Inmate's roster... unfortunately for Channel 4, the biggest baby also happens to be their best player...Dwight Howard.

Channel 4 News Team

PG: Stephen Curry / George Hill / Gary Neal
SG: Courtney Lee / George Hill / J.J. Redick
SF: Danny Granger / Tayshaun Prince
PF: Chris Bosh / Steve Novak / Derrick Williams
C: Dwight Howard / Emeka Okafor

Write Up:

Offense-
[I]Dwight Howard will have the offense go through him. Even though offense is not what Howard specializes in he is the 6th most efficient scorer in the league (1st among centers). And Howard has killed Camby in the past he scored 39 on him the last time they both matched up for more than 20 minutes and and Camby has been on the decline since then. When Howard touches the ball he always normally commands a double-team but with the group that is around him now, we will not let that happen. All are great, great outside shooters. Chris Bosh is a top 5 power forward in the league but is the perfect Dwight complement because of his outstanding range out to the 3-point line. He also can fit in as a secondary option as he has proven in Miami. Bosh has killed Monroe every time they’ve matched up. Bosh averages 20 PPG, while Monroe averages 12.2. Danny Granger has the ability to be a spot-up shooter for Dwight kick-outs (38% shooter from 3), as well as a slasher and cutter for both Dwight and Steph Curry. Granger was the 5th most efficient scorer among SFs last year. Granger will be limited in this series because of LeBron, but he will play a big role camping in the corner and running around with LeBron to keep him from helping on defense so the rest of the guys can take advantage of their match-ups. This brings us to Stephen Curry. Curry is the ideal Dwight complement because what can Curry do as well if not better than everyone in the NBA. The man can hit 3-point shots (46% last year). He was the 6th most efficient PG last year. He will be a good pick-and-roll partner for Howard and pick-and-pop partner with Bosh. Courtney Lee is the 5th option for this team, but don’t think that he isn’t capable of scoring a lot of points with this group. Lee will mostly camp in the corner and wait for the open 3. Lee was the best corner 3 shooter in the NBA last year (49%). He was a 40% 3 point shooter overall. With all these shooters around Howard, we are set up to get him lots of one-on-one chances. And with the shorter Kidd on him, he has an even better chance of going off from the corner.

Defense-
Chris Bosh has held Monroe to 12.2 PPG in the previous meetings so that should be no problem. He should hold him even lower than that too, because he has Dwight Howard to help if he needs too. Dwight Howard will guard Camby and be free to roam and protect the paint from LeBron and Irving. Courtney Lee will take Kyrie Irving and will be able to use his length and defensive ability to slow down Irving. George Hill will also be ready to come in Lee to guard Irving if we need him. Stephen Curry will be on Jason Kidd the whole game and since Kidd is not an offensive threat anymore this shouldn’t be a problem.

Stopping LeBron/the Dwight Howard Factor-
Danny Granger will guard LeBron James and even though Granger has struggled on him before, we believe this will be different because Dwight Howard will be protecting the rim and won’t have to worry too much about Camby because he is not an offensive threat. So with Dwight Howard watching the rim, Granger will be allowed to pressure LeBron more and play a little better defense.

Bench-
George Hill was the perfect 6th man for me. He excelled in this role both with the Spurs and Pacers. He is a good 3 ball shooter (37%), and is very good defensively (great length) which can help if Curry is struggling. Steve Novak will serve the Ryan Anderson-role with Dwight, just spot up and wait for the pass for 3 (47%). Tayshaun Prince, in addition to being a team leader, will be able to provide solid defense when Granger needs a rest and can hit the 3 (36%). Emeka Okafor will be able to man the middle when Howard is out and supply a big body to keep the offense running similarly (although not through him) at least keeping people in their true spots. J.J. Redick (3 pointers), Gary Neal (3s), and Derrick Williams (energy, finisher) all have roles to play if needed, but likely won’t play much.

AP=MVP
08-25-2012, 12:22 PM
Haha you don't think Steve Novak would score off my bench? Did you see what Ryan Andersen did last year shooting 3s off the coverage Dwight commands? And you can't match up with Dwight without constant double-teams as Dwight burnt Camby for 39 points in their last match-up and your obvious best player is LBJ and Dwight can limit drives because Camby isn't an offensive threat.

GoPacers33
08-25-2012, 12:28 PM
News team

AP=MVP
08-25-2012, 12:29 PM
And so people are suppose to accept that Monroe is better than Bosh because of some advanced stats (even though Bosh has dominated Monroe H2H) and when Curry dominates Kyrie in advanced stats, you say advanced stats don't tell the whole story.

Plus you are playing people out of their normal positions so those stats will likely drop as they have to adjust to new positions. For example Kidd won't get all those assists with LBJ and Irving having the ball in their hands and he really hasn't scored much recently so he is not a threat at all.

Death Row has two non-offensive threats in the lineup and one of them (Camby) allows the best help defender in the NBA to double up of LBJ drives and force him to shoot jumpers.

StarvingKnick22
08-25-2012, 12:37 PM
News Team and Dwight is the MVP

AP=MVP
08-25-2012, 12:49 PM
Monroe is the superior defender and has the versatility of guarding any PF and any C better than Bosh can.

How do you figure? Bosh has a higher defensive rating than Monroe and guarded centers most of the year since he plays center in Miami mostly (just like Monroe), however Bosh has also proven he is an all-pro level PF.

Dwight Howard leads Channel 4 News on offense and defense so it is natural that he would have a significantly higher usage rate, score more points, and win more games for his team. Camby isn't used the same way Howard is being used; Camby is on the court for rebounding and defense. Camby has a higher rebound rate than Dwight Howard and when it comes to defense, Howard is slightly better than Camby but I have a feeling Channel 4 News will over estimate the gap due to Howard's reputation and Camby not being quite the defensive beast he was when he was defensive player of the year. There is no better center in the game today than Dwight Howard, but Camby is the perfect defensive force to guard Dwight, he is the better passer, and he is the better rebounder.

Please stop comparing Camby to Dwight. Teams bench Camby when Dwight comes to town because in the last 2 years, Camby has only played more than 20 minutes vs. Dwight once and in that game Dwight had 39 points (on only 20 shots :drool: ), 15 rebounds, and 3 blocks.

AP=MVP
08-25-2012, 12:55 PM
Furthermore, LeBron James is leaps and bounds a better defender than Granger and has the ability to play and guard all PGs, SGs, SFs, and most PFs
What does this matter? He can only guard one of those guys at a time so pick one.

You are just trying to point out that you might win a one-on-one game at a couple different spots, but my team fits together perfectly with shooters around Dwight and threats at every spot on the floor. You have listed no gameplan for this series so I assume you won't double Dwight which will lose you this game right there.

AP=MVP
08-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Curry's advanced stats actually compete with Irving's. What the advanced stats don't show is how the difference between the two players is really significant. Curry plays below-to-average defense while Irving plays excellent lock-down defense. Irving can essentially do everything Curry can do, but he is a better scorer and defender. Irving will shut down Curry on defense but Curry won't do very well on defense against Irving. This is an open and closed match up with Irving being victorious.

Irving's defensive rating is worse than Curry's. Curry is a great shooter and we all know, Dwight's presence always opens up shooters. Plus Lee/Hill will be on Irving and as I already explained I can hide Curry on the non-threat that is Kidd and save him for offense while Irving has to chase around Curry.

AP=MVP
08-25-2012, 01:08 PM
Lee has a higher usage rate but has much less to show for it. Sure Lee is a slightly more efficient shooter, but for someone who shoots 10 shots a game he is a fairly inefficient SG. Kidd, in fewer minutes and lower usage rate is a better defender, has higher basketball IQ, much better rebounding, and astronomically better play-maker and passer. Kidd also has championship expierence and veteran leadership to provide for the Inmates whereas Courtney Lee has only been in the playoffs ONCE. Also, lets not make a mistake about it, Kidd will start the game and end the game but OJ Mayo and Tyreke Evans will annihilate Lee on the court. Lee is simply outclassed and outmatched.

Kidd won't have the opportunity to be a playmaker because the ball will be in LBJ and Irving's hands. And both these players will have a similar role as spot up 3 point shooters, where Lee is much better (40% vs. 36%). Lee also soots the highest percentage on 3s from the corner in the NBA and he will be camped there a lot.

AP=MVP
08-25-2012, 01:12 PM
I have pretty much answered every thing in his write-up so if anyone votes for Death Row, please post your reasoning.

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 01:31 PM
Haha you don't think Steve Novak would score off my bench? Did you see what Ryan Andersen did last year shooting 3s off the coverage Dwight commands? And you can't match up with Dwight without constant double-teams as Dwight burnt Camby for 39 points in their last match-up and your obvious best player is LBJ and Dwight can limit drives because Camby isn't an offensive threat.

Ryan Andersen is a MUCH better player than Steve Novak. Novak had one good year on limited minutes in New York. To assume he would replicate anything close to Ryan Andersen last season is incredibly ignorant.

I have about 4 bigs I could throw at Dwight Howard. This is not a one man's job match up against Dwight. Dwight will get his, but Camby, Kaman, Monroe, Andersen, and Lopez would a good defense against Howard. We don't claim to shut Howard down with fewer than 10 points, but there would be many fouls to use on him as well as bodies to bang against him.

The biggest disparity in defense isn't how the Inmate's bigs will stop Dwight Howard, it's how will Channel 4 stop LeBron James....

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 01:34 PM
And so people are suppose to accept that Monroe is better than Bosh because of some advanced stats (even though Bosh has dominated Monroe H2H) and when Curry dominates Kyrie in advanced stats, you say advanced stats don't tell the whole story.

Plus you are playing people out of their normal positions so those stats will likely drop as they have to adjust to new positions. For example Kidd won't get all those assists with LBJ and Irving having the ball in their hands and he really hasn't scored much recently so he is not a threat at all.

Death Row has two non-offensive threats in the lineup and one of them (Camby) allows the best help defender in the NBA to double up of LBJ drives and force him to shoot jumpers.

Head-to-head is a decent (not perfect) indicator of who the better player is. However, your sample subjects should have the same playing time and equal talent for it to really have any substance. Of course Bosh had better stats when they played against Detroit... Detroit as a team sucks... plus, Monroe averaged less than 30 freaking minutes. lol

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 01:36 PM
What does this matter? He can only guard one of those guys at a time so pick one.

You are just trying to point out that you might win a one-on-one game at a couple different spots, but my team fits together perfectly with shooters around Dwight and threats at every spot on the floor. You have listed no gameplan for this series so I assume you won't double Dwight which will lose you this game right there.

My point in saying that is LeBron can guard your hottest player from PG, SG, SF, to PF. Not all of them are going to be hot but I'm sure one might be. LeBron will put an end to it, regardless of position. I don't think it was that complicated to understand. =p

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Irving's defensive rating is worse than Curry's. Curry is a great shooter and we all know, Dwight's presence always opens up shooters. Plus Lee/Hill will be on Irving and as I already explained I can hide Curry on the non-threat that is Kidd and save him for offense while Irving has to chase around Curry.

Defensive rating is a reflection of team defense. That is why I didn't use it HOWEVER tempting it was... Whereas with other advanced stats, it takes into account individual variables, defense rating does not.

If you are really stating or claiming Curry is the better defender, I want you to say in a separate message, "Stephen Curry is a better defender than Kyrie Irving." just so I can put that on my signature... it's laughable and I know you don't really believe that if you have watched both players play.

Ebbs
08-25-2012, 01:41 PM
Channel 4 by a nose. LeBron with a team that loaded would be near unstoppable so congrats to AP for swinging my vote

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 01:44 PM
Kidd won't have the opportunity to be a playmaker because the ball will be in LBJ and Irving's hands. And both these players will have a similar role as spot up 3 point shooters, where Lee is much better (40% vs. 36%). Lee also soots the highest percentage on 3s from the corner in the NBA and he will be camped there a lot.

You must not have watched the Mavericks play the last few seasons. Jason Kidd is one of the smartest floor generals in the NBA today. He will still make plays in this line-up because my team has the versatility to play different positions that will allow LeBron James to be the play-maker OR be the attacker Kyrie Irving to be the play-maker OR the attacker, and Jason Kidd to be the play-maker or the spot up weak-side 3 point shooter (LeBron loves that).

Is Jason Kidd going to get 10+ assists a night? Probably not... but what does that have to do with having a veteran genius who can make the PERFECT pass and/or hockey assists throughout a game? He knows how to get a team easy points, something none of Channel 4 can do.

Besides, Courtney Lee hasn't done anything in the playoffs. Kidd has been clutch... either making the 3, making the pass, or doing it on the defensive end. Ask any Maverick fan...

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 01:55 PM
Death Row Inmates
Kyrie Irving - 0 games (1 season in league)
Jason Kidd - 146 games (as many as the entire starting lineup of Channel 4)
LeBron James - 115 games
Greg Monroe - 0 games (2 season in league)
Marcus Camby - 76 games
Total: 337 games

Channel 4 News Team
Stephen Curry - 0 games
Courtney Lee - 21 games
Danny Granger - 22 games
Chris Bosh - 46 games
Dwight Howard - 57 games
Total: 146 games

It's one thing to be a regular season all-star, it's another to do this in the playoffs. Channel 4 News Team has so little experience and lacks veteran and championship experience. This is huge in a Championship Finals matchup.

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 02:02 PM
Another issue is Channel 4 News Team having an insanely high starting lineup usage rate.

Every player on their starting roster has a ridiculously high usage rate. To think they would be AS PRODUCTIVE as they are in their real life team would be foolishness and ignorant! There is only ONE ball and each player will not put up their averages... Channel 4 is essentially wasting their talent by putting them all on the floor at the same time with their starter minutes.

This is why the Death Row Inmates put in Jason Kidd at the 2, and Camby at the 5. This will allow LeBron James, Kyrie Irving, and Greg Monroe to be used to their strength and maximum potential. It creates a balanced attack, not just position-wise but especially when you look at the starting lineup and bench. It's more realistic my starting lineup players will reproduce if not OUT-PRODUCE (because of the upgrade from their respective teams) what they are accustom to.

High Usage Rate + Not Having a True Point Guard = Unsuccessful

AP=MVP
08-25-2012, 02:12 PM
Ryan Andersen is a MUCH better player than Steve Novak. Novak had one good year on limited minutes in New York. To assume he would replicate anything close to Ryan Andersen last season is incredibly ignorant.

I have about 4 bigs I could throw at Dwight Howard. This is not a one man's job match up against Dwight. Dwight will get his, but Camby, Kaman, Monroe, Andersen, and Lopez would a good defense against Howard. We don't claim to shut Howard down with fewer than 10 points, but there would be many fouls to use on him as well as bodies to bang against him.

The biggest disparity in defense isn't how the Inmate's bigs will stop Dwight Howard, it's how will Channel 4 stop LeBron James....
I'm not saying Novak is as good as Anderson, I'm saying he'd fill that role. Anderson took over half his shots from 3 last year and thats because teams would have to crowd the paint vs. Dwight (like you will have to because Dwight kills all your bigs, as does Bosh). Novak will hit his open 3s if you double Dwight.

LeBron will be guarded by Granger, but he will have Dwight helping on all drives. Dwight will protect the rim since Camby is laughable on offense and not allow LBJ to get to the rim and force him to shoot jumpers, which is an inconsistent jumper.

Head-to-head is a decent (not perfect) indicator of who the better player is. However, your sample subjects should have the same playing time and equal talent for it to really have any substance. Of course Bosh had better stats when they played against Detroit... Detroit as a team sucks... plus, Monroe averaged less than 30 freaking minutes. lol
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=boshch01&p2=monrogr01

:shrug: Well Monroe only averages 29.5 minutes a game vs. everyone so his 29 minutes per vs. Bosh is normal. Bosh will wear Monroe down more by making him follow him outside too. And Monroe will be less effective this series too, because Howard can help on his paint touches too.

My point in saying that is LeBron can guard your hottest player from PG, SG, SF, to PF. Not all of them are going to be hot but I'm sure one might be. LeBron will put an end to it, regardless of position. I don't think it was that complicated to understand. =p
Who is on Granger if LBJ leaves him, Kidd? Granger would push Kidd straight down low. Just cause LBJ can guard anyone doesn't mean the rest of your team can.

Also with LeBron always guarding the hot hand even he will wear down.

Also LeBron can't help off Granger (like Howard can on Camby) cause Granger is a great shooter.

Defensive rating is a reflection of team defense. That is why I didn't use it HOWEVER tempting it was... Whereas with other advanced stats, it takes into account individual variables, defense rating does not.

If you are really stating or claiming Curry is the better defender, I want you to say in a separate message, "Stephen Curry is a better defender than Kyrie Irving." just so I can put that on my signature... it's laughable and I know you don't really believe that if you have watched both players play.
I'm not claiming that but Curry will not be shutdown, because he will just wait for the open looks as Irving will have to help off of him to cover rotations with Dwight commanding at least double teams.

You must not have watched the Mavericks play the last few seasons. Jason Kidd is one of the smartest floor generals in the NBA today. He will still make plays in this line-up because my team has the versatility to play different positions that will allow LeBron James to be the play-maker OR be the attacker Kyrie Irving to be the play-maker OR the attacker, and Jason Kidd to be the play-maker or the spot up weak-side 3 point shooter (LeBron loves that).

Is Jason Kidd going to get 10+ assists a night? Probably not... but what does that have to do with having a veteran genius who can make the PERFECT pass and/or hockey assists throughout a game? He knows how to get a team easy points, something none of Channel 4 can do.

Besides, Courtney Lee hasn't done anything in the playoffs. Kidd has been clutch... either making the 3, making the pass, or doing it on the defensive end. Ask any Maverick fan...
He is a great floor general but LBJ and Irving will have the ball in their hands most of the time and Kidd will be relegated to just a spot up shooter and his 3 point shot has declined recently.

And please play Tyreke with LBJ. Tyreke is the worst possible LeBron complement. He can't shoot and needs the ball in his hands to be effective.

Plus Dwight gets the team easy points much better than Kidd, because of the double teams he commands

AP=MVP
08-25-2012, 02:15 PM
Death Row Inmates
Kyrie Irving - 0 games (1 season in league)
Jason Kidd - 146 games (as many as the entire starting lineup of Channel 4)
LeBron James - 115 games
Greg Monroe - 0 games (2 season in league)
Marcus Camby - 76 games
Total: 337 games

Channel 4 News Team
Stephen Curry - 0 games
Courtney Lee - 21 games
Danny Granger - 22 games
Chris Bosh - 46 games
Dwight Howard - 57 games
Total: 146 games

It's one thing to be a regular season all-star, it's another to do this in the playoffs. Channel 4 News Team has so little experience and lacks veteran and championship experience. This is huge in a Championship Finals matchup.
Well they have already had a playoff run in these playoffs and if that was an issue it would have come up before now.

AP=MVP
08-25-2012, 02:18 PM
Death Row has 4 votes that don't count, cause they have under 100 posts. (3 of them have zero posts which is interesting)

I have 1 that only has 22 posts.

So current vote is 8-6 Channel 4 lead

DR_1
08-25-2012, 02:23 PM
News team. Too much firepower, better roster. Just cause a team has LeBron doesn't mean they win :facepalm:

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 02:52 PM
Death Row has 4 votes that don't count, cause they have under 100 posts. (3 of them have zero posts which is interesting)

I have 1 that only has 22 posts.

So current vote is 8-6 Channel 4 lead

ROFL!!! What?

You are insane. This means so much to you doesn't it? lol

Who cares how many votes they have? If you get a person with 50 votes, I get one with 3... a vote is a vote. Bahahahaha!

What if I chose to not count any votes for people who had infractions? Or what if I didn't count a vote because a poster made their account less than 6 months ago, regardless of them having 10,000+ posts? What if I didn't count votes because the person voted for George Bush in 2000 and 2004, or if they voted for Obama in 2008 or plan on voting for him in Nov.?

Stop it, you're too funny! :P

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 02:54 PM
Well they have already had a playoff run in these playoffs and if that was an issue it would have come up before now.

So because no one realized that your roster is made up of unproven players in the other matchups, it's not an issue?

That logic is as horrible as your "must have x amount of posts for your vote to count." :laugh:

AP=MVP
08-25-2012, 03:13 PM
Man, its not my fault you don't know the rules of PSD games. I will teach you I guess.

I a PSD game you have to have at least 100 votes to count. This avoids dupes (Like your 3 zero post guys)

Sorry, and just cause your write up had flaws and I pointed them out, does that means I'm obsessing over this?

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 03:53 PM
Man, its not my fault you don't know the rules of PSD games. I will teach you I guess.

I a PSD game you have to have at least 100 votes to count. This avoids dupes (Like your 3 zero post guys)

Sorry, and just cause your write up had flaws and I pointed them out, does that means I'm obsessing over this?

Wait what? What does my write up have to do with you being obsessed over this? I said that because you look each individual voter and verify their credentials. Not knowing this 100 vote, it appeared you're going way overboard to ensure you were in the lead.

And I did not "dupe"... way to make unfounded accusations up. :laugh: (another reason I said this means so much to you)

And yes, thank you for informing me of this 100 vote to count rule. I had no idea. I didn't read that part, I guess I assumed if you could vote it should count. Out of curiosity, where are the rules located at?

xxplayerxx23
08-25-2012, 03:57 PM
I went team Howard. Would be intresting to see how Irving would do without being the primary ballhandler. Bosh-Howard down low is very nice. Both have solid bench pieces good work by the Gms.

The_Jamal
08-25-2012, 04:00 PM
The Key for me was having 1. A solid defender on LeBron and 2. Fantastic post defense with Bosh and Howard to help limit LBJ's penetration. Not to say they would stop him, but even LeBron would struggle to get into the paint against this defense.

Also, with Camby, Howard has the ability to almost soley focus on help defense which is huge for News team's defense. LBJ has some incredibly talent around him, but I'll take the Channel 4 News team in 7

knicks=love
08-25-2012, 07:14 PM
i usually don't say anything about cheating, but since it's like the "new thing to do", i was just pmed by MFFL=FML to vote for him. if a mod, or commish would like to see this pm, just let me know.

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 07:19 PM
i usually don't say anything about cheating, but since it's like the "new thing to do", i was just pmed by MFFL=FML to vote for him. if a mod, or commish would like to see this pm, just let me know.

Post the message I sent. I DID NOT tell you to do that. I call slander and I have the message I did send. I would love for an admin to get involved. You are trolling hard. :laugh:

Let me guess... I bet you "already deleted it."

knicks=love
08-25-2012, 07:20 PM
ROFL!!! What?

You are insane. This means so much to you doesn't it? lol

Who cares how many votes they have? If you get a person with 50 votes, I get one with 3... a vote is a vote. Bahahahaha!

What if I chose to not count any votes for people who had infractions? Or what if I didn't count a vote because a poster made their account less than 6 months ago, regardless of them having 10,000+ posts? What if I didn't count votes because the person voted for George Bush in 2000 and 2004, or if they voted for Obama in 2008 or plan on voting for him in Nov.?

Stop it, you're too funny! :P

oh the irony.. i guess that pm to me meant that this means a lot to you.. :facepalm:

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 07:23 PM
oh the irony.. i guess that pm to me meant that this means a lot to you.. :facepalm:

It's more the fact you're stating I told you to vote for me which was NOT what I did. :laugh:

Why don't you just do as I said and post it. This is not something we can't figure out. I can easily prove I didn't do that. Can you prove I "told you to vote" for me?

Why are you trolling anyways? Who put you up to this? You can vote against me all you want... but to make false accusations? Grow up. :laugh:

knicks=love
08-25-2012, 07:26 PM
you pmed me about voting and hinted that you have jason kidd and marcus camby.. and since i'm a knicks fan, you probably think i'm a complete homer who only votes for knicks players. maybe you should play the game fair and not pm people to vote. if they see the matchup, they'll vote. you obviously had the intention to get me to vote for you, which i didn't do, not only because i don't like your team as much, but the pm added to it and made it easier.

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 07:30 PM
you pmed me about voting and hinted that you have jason kidd and marcus camby.. and since i'm a knicks fan, you probably think i'm a complete homer who only votes for knicks players. maybe you should play the game fair and not pm people to vote. if they see the matchup, they'll vote. you obviously had the intention to get me to vote for you, which i didn't do, not only because i don't like your team as much, but the pm added to it and made it easier.

You can say whatever you want... I'm not feeding the troll. All I want you to do is PROVE I told you that. You won't do that, why not? Hmm... Either post where I told you to vote for me or stop trolling. Take your pick.

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 07:33 PM

I love how your story has changed too. You said I "told you to vote for me" but then after reading your next post, you back away from it and claim I "hinted it" AFTER the fact I question you and beg you to prove it. :laugh:

This is exactly what someone does who is a lying troll. Let me guess... you misspoke? You and Todd Akin have a lot in common... if only you knew when to "shut it down."

knicks=love
08-25-2012, 07:34 PM
i'm not trolling.. i'm stating the facts. i don't need to post it here. i know what you did and that's all that matters. just know that you most likely won't win this because of that.

knicks=love
08-25-2012, 07:35 PM
you ****ing pmed me to vote. when someone does that, they want a vote for themselves and the fact that you "coughed" saying jason kidd and marcus camby were on your team was an obvious statement saying you wanted me to vote for you. two new knicks on your team pming a knicks fan.. hmmmm, doesn't take much to figure that one out.

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 07:37 PM
i'm not trolling.. i'm stating the facts. i don't need to post it here. i know what you did and that's all that matters. just know that you most likely won't win this because of that.

Reread my last post... Stating facts? Your facts changed significantly... If I win or not, it doesn't matter. I'd rather lose knowing it was a good match up and it was fair, than win because I had to "tell you to vote for me."

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 07:39 PM
you ****ing pmed me to vote. when someone does that, they want a vote for themselves and the fact that you "coughed" saying jason kidd and marcus camby were on your team was an obvious statement saying you wanted me to vote for you. two new knicks on your team pming a knicks fan.. hmmmm, doesn't take much to figure that one out.

Goosfraba troll... it's all going to be okay! :)

Make sure this is consistent with your previous lie... that way you won't look even more guilty if you have to rephrase or give a different account as to what really happened. lol

phlp_bj
08-25-2012, 07:43 PM
People asking for votes usually get DQ'd

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 07:44 PM
People asking for votes usually get DQ'd

Do people making false accusations get an infraction? If so, who can I speak to?

xxplayerxx23
08-25-2012, 08:11 PM
:laugh:

Killerjug
08-25-2012, 08:50 PM
Why would he lie about being pm'er to vote when he has nothing to do with this lol

knicks=love
08-25-2012, 09:13 PM
because he knows he's wrong

MFFL==FML
08-25-2012, 09:18 PM
Why would he lie about being pm'er to vote when he has nothing to do with this lol

Why would he make an accusation, not prove I said what he claims I said, then backtrack and give a different account when pushed to prove it? lol

knicks=love
08-25-2012, 09:19 PM
i don't need to post it here. i'll deal with it with BB41 who is the commish and he'll handle it. i know what you did, you know what you did and you won't own up to it. i've showed people and they agree with me.

knicks=love
08-25-2012, 09:40 PM
i also find it interesting that death row has 3 votes from new users who all joined today all being on last around the same time..

AP=MVP
08-26-2012, 01:57 AM
Haha, MFFL :pity:

DR_1
08-26-2012, 10:56 AM
Drama :faint:

xxplayerxx23
08-26-2012, 11:07 AM
Rigged!! Championshiped anulled. *Throws people out of thread*. Even though this is a different game I say we give the Rockets the championship :nod:

Ill21
08-26-2012, 11:34 AM
Close match up but I give the edge to the News Team.

knicks=love
08-26-2012, 12:16 PM
i wanna post his pm, but i don't wanna stoop to his level.

BlondeBomber41
08-26-2012, 12:39 PM
Not that it will matter most likely, but I have to DQ The Death Row Inmates. If it was done this round, it was probably done every other round as well.

The good news is it looks like The Channel 4 News Team was gonna win regardless, but just in case there is a mad rush of new voters.... it won't matter.

AP=MVP
08-26-2012, 01:45 PM
Even though I was going to win anyway, its too bad it had to happen this way.

Thanks to BB41 and the rest of the guys that did this RD, it was really fun.

On a related note, AP's first PSD championship. :win: :D

AP=MVP
08-26-2012, 01:52 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk

xxplayerxx23
08-26-2012, 01:58 PM
Im taking that KG Thing LMAO

AP=MVP
08-26-2012, 02:04 PM
I feel Cal Naughton Jr.'s quote best fits though. lol

I've been waiting a long time for you to say my name, man. I know its a technicality, but I tell you what........ you try to take this away from me, I'll sock you right in the face.

unleashthebeast
08-26-2012, 02:05 PM
Holy **** AP, you GMd the Channel 4 News Team? That team is ****ing incredible.

However, the other team does have Bron Bron and makes this matchup closer than what it should be. I think LeBron could squeeze out 2 games in this series. Give me the Channel 4 News Team in 6 hardfought games

AP=MVP
08-26-2012, 02:15 PM
Holy **** AP, you GMd the Channel 4 News Team? That team is ****ing incredible.

However, the other team does have Bron Bron and makes this matchup closer than what it should be. I think LeBron could squeeze out 2 games in this series. Give me the Channel 4 News Team in 6 hardfought games

Thanks UTB. :love:

Mr. Baller
08-26-2012, 04:32 PM
Even though I was going to win anyway, its too bad it had to happen this way.

Thanks to BB41 and the rest of the guys that did this RD, it was really fun.

On a related note, AP's first PSD championship. :win: :D

Will forever have an asterisk next to its name...

AP=MVP
08-27-2012, 02:49 AM
Will forever have an asterisk next to its name...

Haters gonna hate

LOL :love: you too Baller

Sportfan
08-27-2012, 09:51 AM
So now there are multiple cheaters in the mavs redraft?

xxplayerxx23
08-27-2012, 06:22 PM
So now there are multiple cheaters in the mavs redraft?

Ironic

knicks=love
08-27-2012, 10:15 PM
:guns: