PDA

View Full Version : Blake Griffin: "I've been back to 100 percent for a while now"

Clippersfan86
08-24-2012, 11:20 PM
Already been working hard last couple weeks and knee is already healed and has been for over 2 weeks. I'm posting this because so many people were freaking out about how big of a setback this is to the Clippers and how he won't be healed by the season but he's back in the gym and has been for a while now. Looking for a huge year from him.

http://www.latimes.com/sports/basketball/nba/lakers/la-sp-blake-griffin-clippers-20120825,0,2535039.story

Mave1002
08-24-2012, 11:38 PM
Shawn Kemp 2.0

Dont get me wrong though. I was a big fan of the ReignMan. Though wear and tear is inevitable for freak athletes like these.

Swashcuff
08-24-2012, 11:41 PM
No news here Blake Griffin has always had a reputation of being a hard worker.

Clippersfan86
08-24-2012, 11:42 PM
Shawn Kemp 2.0

Dont get me wrong though. I was a big fan of the ReignMan. Though wear and tear is inevitable for freak athletes like these.

Outside of athleticism and some tools they share like quickness and ballhandling this comparison doesn't fit. Griffin has a fantastic work ethic. I'm convinced dude has been ripped and had an 8 pack since he was 5 years old probably. Kemp was known for not working hard enough, being difficult to coach, having off the court issues and being out of shape in later years. Never had that work horse mentality of a bench player that Griffin has.

Maybe in terms of being athletic freaks you can compare but their mentality separates them big time.

Swashcuff
08-24-2012, 11:45 PM
Shawn Kemp 2.0

It doesn't have to be however. Once he continues to refine his offensive repertoire and play committed, smart and commendable defense I can see him being a quality player deep into his career. As well as taking care of his body and understanding that his top calibre athletic ability won't last forever. Once he does this he'd be around for the long haul IMO. He has twice the amount of talent that Kemp had.

dtmagnet
08-24-2012, 11:49 PM
I would actually like Blake Griffin if it weren't for the rigged dunk contest.

Clippersfan86
08-24-2012, 11:50 PM
It doesn't have to be however. Once he continues to refine his offensive repertoire and play committed, smart and commendable defense I can see him being a quality player deep into his career. As well as taking care of his body and understanding that his top calibre athletic ability won't last forever. Once he does this he'd be around for the long haul IMO. He has twice the amount of talent that Kemp had.

Yup. More upside, MUCH better mentality. It's basically like saying Shawn Kemp with an elite work ethic, attitude and great leadership. Uh... that sounds like a player that has potential to be a GOAT caliber PF or at least top 5 when it's all said and done.

Mave1002
08-24-2012, 11:54 PM

Ive always wondered who you guys think would have a longer career.

Blake or KLove?

Clippersfan86
08-25-2012, 12:00 AM
Love will probably have a more consistent career due to a skill based game and will be better into his mid-late 30's due to his great shooting but Griffin will have the better peak and more team success.

seikou8
08-25-2012, 12:05 AM
Ive always wondered who you guys think would have a longer career.

Blake or KLove?

k love but klove probably has hit his peak or celling to me blake can get even more better.

Chronz
08-25-2012, 01:04 AM
Shawn Kemp 2.0

What wear and tear? Kemp just got fat and even then was good until age 29

Hawkeye15
08-25-2012, 01:10 AM
meh, nobody doubts Blake's work ethic, happy to see him back and getting ready for the season, I personally feel he needs to prove that he is a serious player going forward.

douglas
08-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Blake Griffin is good at dunking the basketball into the basketball hoop.

b@llhog24
08-25-2012, 01:25 AM
no news here blake griffin has always had a reputation of being a hard worker.

+1

rockets-fan
08-25-2012, 01:28 AM

This.

Don't get me wrong clips fans...I would love to have him on my team...he's a great athlete and all... But does he really have skills offensively other than dunking?

b@llhog24
08-25-2012, 01:32 AM
This.

Don't get me wrong clips fans...I would love to have him on my team...he's a great athlete and all... But does he really have skills offensively other than dunking?

Yes. It's actually quite sad how misinformed the general public is on this.

Tha Truth
08-25-2012, 01:48 AM

This.

If he was only good at dunking he wouldn't consistently get double teamed.

seikou8
08-25-2012, 01:51 AM
If he was only good at dunking he wouldn't consistently get double teamed.

logic on psd its so rare jk kinda

JordansBulls
08-25-2012, 02:52 PM
I hope this guy comes in and does more than dunk this season.

Losoway
08-25-2012, 02:54 PM
blake griffin wasnt a lazy bum like kemp was

blake will be a top 10 player in 2 years . book it