PDA

View Full Version : Chris Bosh: Lakers have NBA's best team 'on paper'

JordansBulls
08-24-2012, 04:12 PM
http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/miami-heat/heat-blog/sfl-miami-heat-chris-bosh-lakers-s082412,0,5448454.story

"The Lakers, I think, right now, I mean on paper, they probably have the best team in the West and probably the league right now," he said. "On paper. I'm saying on paper. But it's a lot, a lot, it's a long season. And the best team always isn't the one who starts out the season as the best team.

"We know we're the champs, but we have to start off from scratch. We have a lot of chemistry building to do. And we have to come out there and we have to start over. We know favorites and all that stuff really doesn't matter."

Bosh said the Heat have learned to deal with the type of pressure the Lakers are expected to face and "how the hype can get to you."

Bosh pointed out how the Heat stood as championship favorites in 2010-11, only to fall in the NBA Finals to the Dallas Mavericks, and how they did not have quite the same expectations and then defeated the Oklahoma City Thunder in this past season's NBA Finals.

"It's all about who's standing at the top in June, after the season is over, and that's all we care about," he said. "So we have to build toward that again."

Bruno
08-24-2012, 04:15 PM
age (38-34-32) and serious injuries don't really come into play with 'on paper' comparisons. The championship goes through Miami.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 04:16 PM
On paper, they probably do. Games are not played on paper however, every Laker fans knows that having the best roster doesn't always mean a chip after 100 games are played.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-24-2012, 04:20 PM
If games were played on paper, Miami would be going for a three peat.

Thank god their not, games on paper are boring.

Yanks All Day
08-24-2012, 04:23 PM
I still don't think they have the best team on paper either. Maybe 2nd best to Miami, but I'd rather my 3 stars be in their physical primes than have them post-30. That's just me though. I think Miami's roster is more versatile and they can force opponents to play small better than the Lakers are going to be able to force teams to go big. Having Battier/Allen/Miller on the floor for small ball can really throw many teams off. Plus, I don't like the Lakers' lack of depth behind their starting 5. If one of their bigs gets into foul trouble vs. a Miami or OKC, it would be off to the races, which I don't think LAL will be able to handle for long stretches. You never know, though, because it can work both ways if Los Angeles forces other teams to play bigger. Should be very interesting.

On paper, I think Miami is a bad matchup for OKC, OKC is bad for the Lakers, and the Lakers are bad for Miami. Should be a fun year. I'd still favor the team with the world's best player, LeBron James.

Chronz
08-24-2012, 04:24 PM
Hes right assuming the players dont decline significantly, thats probably the only thing keeping the Lakers from a title, the fact that their stars may not be stars for much longer. Nash is pretty ****ing old, Kobe is about to try and do something MJ never did, play at a superstar level at 34 with more miles than MJ ever had. Dwight makes up for alot of that however.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 04:24 PM

On paper, the Lakers are even more loaded than the Heat. But they also have a lot more age on their team, so we will have to see how it settles out.

Mr. LA
08-24-2012, 04:28 PM
Ahahahaha your own player is smarter then yall!!!!!!!!!
Even your own team doesn't try and hide from the truth baby
thanks dino

Big Zo
08-24-2012, 04:32 PM
On toilet paper?

greg_ory_2005
08-24-2012, 04:48 PM
Well at least he's telling the truth.

Federal Reserve
08-24-2012, 04:54 PM
If the games were played on paper, Nash would get injured and sit out for the season.

dnewguy
08-24-2012, 05:01 PM
I am glad he said that...Miami does not want the attention like they did 2 years ago and lost. They called the Thunder the best team last year also...see what happened. If any team worries me, it's not the Lakers.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 05:01 PM
If the games were played on paper, Nash would get injured and sit out for the season.

That makes literally no sense.

shep33
08-24-2012, 05:15 PM

I agree. Playing basketball on a paper floor is extremely dangerous

Bruno
08-24-2012, 05:17 PM
That makes literally no sense.

x2.

Bruno
08-24-2012, 05:17 PM
I agree. Playing basketball on a paper floor is extremely dangerous

:laugh2:

GREATNESS ONE
08-24-2012, 05:22 PM
It's all talk, we all know to be the man, you got to beat the man. Miami are still the champs until dethroned.

I forgot where I heard it but someone said, "Miami and OKC are still the favorites, the Lakers are just favorite to beat them"

Teeboy1487
08-24-2012, 05:27 PM
Meh, Bosh is the one talking. The Lakers will let their play do the talking. For a franchise that is use to winning, pressure will not affect the Lakers.

ThunderousDemon
08-24-2012, 05:29 PM
That'll do Raptor, that'll do.

lakersiznumber1
08-24-2012, 05:30 PM
well hes right lakers are:clap: Kobe with players who dont disappear when the time gets tuff is a scary thing.

jeter 2
08-24-2012, 05:31 PM
I gotta say the Lakers have the best team on paper. Their size will be tough for Chris Bosh and Lebron James to match up with.

StarvingKnick22
08-24-2012, 05:37 PM
well, no. Lakers are the best team, with the best center, Shooting gaurd and a top 5 Point Gaurd,the Heat have the be SF, 2nd best SG, and a good PF. you know who is better overall.

SteBO
08-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Bosh is 100% right here. But I think the Lakers will be just fine. They're too top heavy to not be a lethal team out west. But OKC has just an equal chance of beating them, and teams will be gunning for them all year long. Kobe's play as well as Gasols' is going to be critical to how far they go. They've been there, done that whereas Nash and Dwight haven't. Gonna be fun watching their games in the late night.....

SteBO
08-24-2012, 05:38 PM
well, no. Lakers are the best team, with the best center, Shooting gaurd and a top 5 Point Gaurd,the Heat have the be SF, 2nd best SG, and a good PF. you know who is better overall.
I don't, because both OKC and Miami have a great chance at beating them. :shrug:

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 05:43 PM
I am just hoping my puppies 347 game losing streak against the Lakers comes to an end this year :sigh:

kblo247
08-24-2012, 05:52 PM

You still mad about NY not getting him lol.

Back to topic, it could be a correct statement if LA weren't older and didn't have Mike Brown as the coach. They are 2, Miami has chemistry and youth, and are the champs to you knock their *** off.

shep33
08-24-2012, 05:56 PM
I am just hoping my puppies 347 game losing streak against the Lakers comes to an end this year :sigh:

What's it at now? 20-21 games? We got lucky a couple times last year where Love missed games.

85BearsDefense
08-24-2012, 05:57 PM
I am glad he said that...Miami does not want the attention like they did 2 years ago and lost. They called the Thunder the best team last year also...see what happened. If any team worries me, it's not the Lakers.

Sounds like you're scared

seikou8
08-24-2012, 05:58 PM

he is just ahomer who does not watch any games outside of miami

85BearsDefense
08-24-2012, 06:16 PM
he is just ahomer who does not watch any games outside of miami

yeah i see him creating all the threads saying the Lakers arent good... have fun with that. Oh btw he should also delete his account seeing as the Mavs beat the Heat.

Knick_Fever
08-24-2012, 06:28 PM

It should be, it really should be.

Knick_Fever
08-24-2012, 06:31 PM
Ahh, and my thread "Why is everyone pretending that the Lakers arent gonna win it all" is starting to gain more momentum everyday :cool: It's alive!

meloman1592
08-24-2012, 06:31 PM
he said this to take attention off miami...i dont see how the lakers are better

chrism8188
08-24-2012, 06:40 PM
bosh gets some respect for saying this. he didnt try to put heat over lakers or lakers over nba. jus kept it simple, and i agree its all about the ship

chrism8188
08-24-2012, 06:41 PM
It should be, it really should be.

lol he got that see no evil fear no evil hahaha, lakers/thunder/heat/spurs top dogs i may have missed 1 or 2

Gritz
08-24-2012, 07:00 PM
On toilet paper?

U mad, u so mad

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-24-2012, 07:08 PM
The championship still goes through Miami.

TRUTH-TELLER
08-24-2012, 07:15 PM
is bosh still in the closet

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-24-2012, 07:27 PM

No, he's.....scccccuuuuuurrrrrrreeeeeeddddddd. ;)

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-24-2012, 07:28 PM
On toilet paper?

U irate?

llullz

Jackie Robinson
They do, putting it all together is a whole different story. If I was a Laker fan, it would give me comfort knowing steve Nash was playing the floor general.

Master Mind
Pressure bust pipes

Well played Bosh.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-24-2012, 07:35 PM
If this is Bosh's way to put pressure on the Lakers...well then....llullz.

One thing you guys have to realize that even if the pressure is all on the Lakers, it's nothing new for our franchise. We have the pressure to win a title every yr. Kobe Bryant, the day the stepped foot in the association after he was traded for Vlade, experienced that pressure day 1 as a 17 yr old.

This is nothing new for Kobe, just a new challenge in his storied and iconic career. The Lakers would much rather have the attention and pressure, because pressure greats a diamond, a diamond is found in championship rings, and championship rings translate into greatness. The Lakers have, do and will always strive for that greatness.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 07:37 PM
What's it at now? 20-21 games? We got lucky a couple times last year where Love missed games.

Its at least 19, but yeah, I think 20-21 is about right. Pure luck would have it, Rubio tore his knee guarding Kobe, so my hatred deepened for Kobe, at no fault of his own haha.

Lakerhead4ever
08-24-2012, 07:43 PM

your lying right there. you sound as if the heat are untouchable.

for me every championship year, it was a team that i personally feared.

the heat has everything the lakers dont have: speed, athleticism, lebron, 3 point shooting

and the lakers has everything the heat dont have: low post scoring, a true point guard, dwight howard

shep33
08-24-2012, 07:43 PM
Its at least 19, but yeah, I think 20-21 is about right. Pure luck would have it, Rubio tore his knee guarding Kobe, so my hatred deepened for Kobe, at no fault of his own haha.

Haha oh man I forgot about that. I think the streak will end this year. I love what you guys are doing. You guys have one of the few front courts in the NBA to match ours. Really interested in seeing Shved play. Dude seems like he can do it all offensively. AK will be a real nice addition, and Roy will be a nice upgrade off the bench. Heck.. Roy with no knees is better than Wes Johnson haha.

Budinger, Cunningham, and Stiemsma were also solid pickups.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 07:46 PM
Haha oh man I forgot about that. I think the streak will end this year. I love what you guys are doing. You guys have one of the few front courts in the NBA to match ours. Really interested in seeing Shved play. Dude seems like he can do it all offensively. AK will be a real nice addition, and Roy will be a nice upgrade off the bench. Heck.. Roy with no knees is better than Wes Johnson haha.

Budinger, Cunningham, and Stiemsma were also solid pickups.

Bynum and Dwight were the only players to comment after they played us last year that they were very happy when Rick sat Pekovic haha. So we shall see I guess. Maybe later in the year, when Rubio is healthy we will stand a chance. Or I guess early before Roy's knees take the brunt of the regular season and he will probably be looking really good.....

Anywho, I expect us to go 0-4 against the Lakers this year. That way, I can't be AS disappointed when we play you down the stretch and Kobe hits 3 straight back breakers on us per usual.

chrism8188
08-24-2012, 07:49 PM
ONLINE STORE——————-
http://mcaf.ee/p86j0

we accept PAYPAL/credit card payment and all the products are the FREE shipping .

Air jordan(1-24)shoes $33

UGG BOOT $50

Nike shox(R4,NZ,OZ,TL1,TL2,TL3) $33

Handbags(Coach lv fendi d&g) $33

Tshirts (Polo ,ed hardy,lacoste) $16

Jean(True Religion,ed hardy,coogi) $30

Sunglasses(Oakey,coach,gucci,Armaini) $12

New era cap $9
Bikini (Ed hardy,polo) $18

kill yourself

shep33
08-24-2012, 07:52 PM
Bynum and Dwight were the only players to comment after they played us last year that they were very happy when Rick sat Pekovic haha. So we shall see I guess. Maybe later in the year, when Rubio is healthy we will stand a chance. Or I guess early before Roy's knees take the brunt of the regular season and he will probably be looking really good.....

Anywho, I expect us to go 0-4 against the Lakers this year. That way, I can't be AS disappointed when we play you down the stretch and Kobe hits 3 straight back breakers on us per usual.

Haha, hopefully Kobe isn't chucking in hero mode when that goes down.

Hope Rubio comes back healthy, and it's fair to say that this could be a first round playoff series as well! I'm guessing we'll be the 2nd or 3rd seed out west.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 07:56 PM
Haha, hopefully Kobe isn't chucking in hero mode when that goes down.

Hope Rubio comes back healthy, and it's fair to say that this could be a first round playoff series as well! I'm guessing we'll be the 2nd or 3rd seed out west.

I hope so badly that we don't draw you guys. Please give us SA, we match up so much better with them.

Mr_Jones
08-24-2012, 08:05 PM
Ahahahaha your own player is smarter then yall!!!!!!!!!
Even your own team doesn't try and hide from the truth baby
thanks dino

Shut up.

C-Style
08-24-2012, 08:07 PM
It's all talk, we all know to be the man, you got to beat the man. Miami are still the champs until dethroned.

I forgot where I heard it but someone said, "Miami and OKC are still the favorites, the Lakers are just favorite to beat them"

that would be me sir :D

OKC and MIA are still fav's

Lakers are just favorites to beat them

http://forums.prosportsdaily.com/newreply.php?do=newreply&p=23276728

Sactown
08-24-2012, 08:15 PM
Kings

kblo247
08-24-2012, 08:21 PM
I hope so badly that we don't draw you guys. Please give us SA, we match up so much better with them.

Everybody but Utah who fears them matches us better with the Spurs tbh. They seem to choke hard against expectations in recent times. Plus they have no size as They stupidly gave Scola away and never recovered from Horry leaving

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 08:25 PM
Everybody but Utah who fears them matches us better with the Spurs tbh. They seem to choke hard against expectations in recent times. Plus they have no size as They stupidly gave Scola away and never recovered from Horry leaving

They struggle with athletic teams, because their TEAM defense is amazing, but their 1-1 defense is not outside Leonard. Athletic teams like the young Wolves terrorized them last year, and will again this year. Plus Parker has started a new trend of disappearing in the playoffs at some point, which is so weird.

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2012, 08:26 PM
Hes right assuming the players dont decline significantly, thats probably the only thing keeping the Lakers from a title, the fact that their stars may not be stars for much longer. Nash is pretty ****ing old, Kobe is about to try and do something MJ never did, play at a superstar level at 34 with more miles than MJ ever had. Dwight makes up for alot of that however.

I don't know if someone corrected you on this, but Jordan won his 6th championship when he was 35 years old. So he was a superstar when he was 34.

C-Style
08-24-2012, 08:30 PM
Pressure bust pipes

Well played Bosh.

pressure makes diamonds

kblo247
08-24-2012, 08:32 PM
I don't know if someone corrected you on this, but Jordan won his 6th championship when he was 35 years old. So he was a superstar when he was 34.

Kobe has over 50,000 minutes on him without Olympic play so he is far more seasoned than MJ in that second 3 peat. Hell hes played more going into age 34 than MJ did when he retired for good as a 40yo

shep33
08-24-2012, 08:36 PM
Pressure bust pipes

Well played Bosh.

I busted my pipe after finding out that we got Nash and Dwight.

Well played Mitch Kupchak!

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-24-2012, 08:52 PM

:dance:

Bruno
08-24-2012, 09:03 PM

i noticed your SIG. an obama supporter telling someone else to stop spending money they don't have? comical genius.

suggested reading:

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/feb/14/sports/la-sp-0215-lakers-time-warner-20110215

Marlin234
08-24-2012, 09:09 PM
If this is Bosh's way to put pressure on the Lakers...well then....llullz.

One thing you guys have to realize that even if the pressure is all on the Lakers, it's nothing new for our franchise. We have the pressure to win a title every yr. Kobe Bryant, the day the stepped foot in the association after he was traded for Vlade, experienced that pressure day 1 as a 17 yr old.

This is nothing new for Kobe, just a new challenge in his storied and iconic career. The Lakers would much rather have the attention and pressure, because pressure greats a diamond, a diamond is found in championship rings, and championship rings translate into greatness. The Lakers have, do and will always strive for that greatness.

Almost dropped a tear on the second paragraph.. Almost.

Lakeshow24KB
08-24-2012, 09:19 PM
Almost dropped a tear on the second paragraph.. Almost.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh:
not.

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2012, 09:22 PM
Kobe has over 50,000 minutes on him without Olympic play so he is far more seasoned than MJ in that second 3 peat. Hell hes played more going into age 34 than MJ did when he retired for good as a 40yo

Although he wasn't any good at it, remember jordan quit for two seasons to play another sport. so it's not like Jordan sat around for two years and his body had just healed it self or had time to just relax. Even though Kobe didn't go to college, don't discount Jordan because he did. Even though it was college, was still playing ball regardless. Also, the conditioning, the sports medicine, the trainers are a hell lot more better today then they were 15 years ago. He also played in 2 Olympics as well.

85BearsDefense
08-24-2012, 09:23 PM
Ahh, and my thread "Why is everyone pretending that the Lakers arent gonna win it all" is starting to gain more momentum everyday :cool: It's alive!

this. Miami fans are scared

C-Style
08-24-2012, 09:39 PM

:worthy:

RealLiveBear
08-24-2012, 09:53 PM
I can rip a piece of paper, this means little to me. Games are won on the court.

Losoway
08-24-2012, 10:04 PM
the heat are still the champs

the lakers gotta make it pass the thunder

Knick_Fever
08-24-2012, 10:06 PM

Its funny because Miami fans thought they had the next few seasons sown up, until the Lakers built a monster this summer. Now you dont see nearly as much Heat postings on here as before, you can sense their fear, its very real. Hey, can you blame them?

shep33
08-24-2012, 10:12 PM

I agree, Spurs are also still pretty darn good as well

KB-Pau-DH2012

Exactly!

Lots of work to do in Lakerland. Those are the 2 teams that have set the bar. We need to see if we are worthy of beating those 2 teams to finally call ourselves champions in Mid June.

Big Zo
Its funny because Miami fans thought they had the next few seasons sown up, until the Lakers built a monster this summer. Now you dont see nearly as much Heat postings on here as before, you can sense their fear, its very real. Hey, can you blame them?

Lol. What's really funny is that Knicks fans think they're gonna get out of the first round next year. It's cute, really.

kblo247
08-24-2012, 10:15 PM
Although he wasn't any good at it, remember jordan quit for two seasons to play another sport. so it's not like Jordan sat around for two years and his body had just healed it self or had time to just relax. Even though Kobe didn't go to college, don't discount Jordan because he did. Even though it was college, was still playing ball regardless. Also, the conditioning, the sports medicine, the trainers are a hell lot more better today then they were 15 years ago. He also played in 2 Olympics as well.

Still at 34, Kobe has played more than MJ did all together. Even if you factor in AAU, Kobe played Club ball in Italy as a kid. And of we line up side by side, Kobe has still had 3 knee surgeries on one knee, one on another, ankle surgery, shoulder surgery, and an arthritic shooting hand.

He is younger than Mike was back when he won his last with Chicago, but his body is way older. It becomes age vs mileage. I think Chronz was just saying Kobe has a ton of miles on him

SteBO
08-24-2012, 10:25 PM

I don't know about you guys, but last I checked games are won the court. And what I find hilarious is that you guys seem to have this silly delusion that Miami fans are scared of the Lakers; and what's even more comical is that the noise isn't even coming from Laker fans, it's coming from certain Knicks and Bulls fans the last week and a half. I mean, they haven't done anything to earn Miami's fear and to be brutally honest, they never will. This is sports, and what good is it if there isn't any out of conference competition. The Lakers now are just another challenge that Miami is going to have to brace itself for should we get out of the east. Don't get it twisted. Miami fans aren't scared, they're excited.

Master Mind
08-24-2012, 10:47 PM
pressure makes diamonds

That too.

seikou8
08-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Lol. What's really funny is that Knicks fans think they're gonna get out of the first round next year. It's cute, really.

you know whats funny is that heats fans care what knicks fans think :cool:

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2012, 10:59 PM
Still at 34, Kobe has played more than MJ did all together. Even if you factor in AAU, Kobe played Club ball in Italy as a kid. And of we line up side by side, Kobe has still had 3 knee surgeries on one knee, one on another, ankle surgery, shoulder surgery, and an arthritic shooting hand.

He is younger than Mike was back when he won his last with Chicago, but his body is way older. It becomes age vs mileage. I think Chronz was just saying Kobe has a ton of miles on him

Look, no offense to kobe, but this is starting to turn into a kobe MJ comparison and kobe was great, but he is no Jordan and never will be. No matter what. Also, kobe is 34 now, even if he had more miles on him or whatever, Jordan still won at 33, 34, and 35 and was still the best player in the NBA. The man even though he was active with playing baseball had been out of basketball for two years almost. It took him 9 months to regain his crown. Plus, like I mentioned before, you are forgetting the sports medicine/technology, the conditioning, and so on. That plays a HUGE roll today. Jordan didn't have it like players do today and he still was a champion and the best player in the NBA at that age when most players back then retired at 33-34 because they dropped off. you might not think that's a big factor, but it was. Jordan is just the goat man. also, I don't think chronz was talkin bout that cause he didn't even know jordan was winning ships at 34 and 35 years old.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-24-2012, 11:10 PM
Look, no offense to kobe, but this is starting to turn into a kobe MJ comparison and kobe was great, but he is no Jordan and never will be. No matter what. Also, kobe is 34 now, even if he had more miles on him or whatever, Jordan still won at 33, 34, and 35 and was still the best player in the NBA. The man even though he was active with playing baseball had been out of basketball for two years almost. It took him 9 months to regain his crown. Plus, like I mentioned before, you are forgetting the sports medicine/technology, the conditioning, and so on. That plays a HUGE roll today. Jordan didn't have it like players do today and he still was a champion and the best player in the NBA at that age when most players back then retired at 33-34 because they dropped off. you might not think that's a big factor, but it was. Jordan is just the goat man. also, I don't think chronz was talkin bout that cause he didn't even know jordan was winning ships at 34 and 35 years old.

I think Kobe is just blessed and honored to be constantly mentioned in the same condo as MJ.

With no MJ, there's wouldn't be a Kobe. Kobe respects the game and his predecessors, and is the only currently player of his generation that can be compared to the all-time greats.

3ballbomber
08-24-2012, 11:15 PM
Bosh ain't lyin'

D Roses Bulls
08-24-2012, 11:20 PM
I think Kobe is just blessed and honored to be constantly mentioned in the same condo as MJ.

With no MJ, there's wouldn't be a Kobe. Kobe respects the game and his predecessors, and is the only currently player of his generation that can be compared to the all-time greats.

good statement and I think maybe my original post made it look like I was bashing kobe which I was not, I was just trying to correct chronz and pretty highlight how awesome Jordan was. 35 years old and still the best player in the NBA and winning his sixth ring after retiring in his prime. Jordan would probably have 9 rings by now if he didnt retire twice before retiring a 3rd time. These comparison threads I see on this site sometimes are sickening that people say if lebron wins a couple more mvps and a couple more titles will he be better then jordan? Or if kobe wins one or two more rings will he be better then jordan? In football, when you think of the best running back and probably the best player in the NFL, you think Jim Brown. He retired very early just like barry sanders who could of been better and no one questions that and people remember they retired early. but for some reason when it comes to the NBA, people forget Jordan retired 3 times. I don't know if it's do to stupidity, age, not knowing history, or just trolling. It's just baffling.

Sixerlover
08-24-2012, 11:29 PM
Without reading the entire 6 pages, he's right. They do have the best team on paper, anyone that thinks otherwise is lying.

Shlumpledink
08-24-2012, 11:47 PM
I'm a great player on paper as well. Its when I get out onto the court and have a basketball on my hands and have to face defense that my game falls apart.

MackSnackWrap
08-24-2012, 11:50 PM
Well on paper they do. My money still on the heat. Not a homer pick at all. Just being realistic. Everybody talks about the lakers frontcourt and how the heat will have difficulty yet know one points out the lakers backcourt and sf position having to deal with lebron and wade and Allen. And Dwight howard may be a a presence in the paint but let me make this clear he is not going to lock down Chris Bosh. Im not trolling im just telling the truth. I remember the raptors vs magic series Bosh still got his buckets our team just sucked. He dropped 40 in one of them. Howard is a presence in the paint but he will not lock him down.

seikou8
08-25-2012, 12:03 AM
Well on paper they do. My money still on the heat. Not a homer pick at all. Just being realistic. Everybody talks about the lakers frontcourt and how the heat will have difficulty yet know one points out the lakers backcourt and sf position having to deal with lebron and wade and Allen. And Dwight howard may be a a presence in the paint but let me make this clear he is not going to lock down Chris Bosh. Im not trolling im just telling the truth. I remember the raptors vs magic series Bosh still got his buckets our team just sucked. He dropped 40 in one of them. Howard is a presence in the paint but he will not lock him down.

people dont understand there is a guy named pau gasol on this team and i heard he is pretty good.no one can lock down wade and lebron but they can try to contain like dallas did in 2011.

LakersMaster24
08-25-2012, 12:07 AM
People are overrating Ray Allen's effect on the Heat.

MackSnackWrap
08-25-2012, 12:15 AM
people dont understand there is a guy named pau gasol on this team and i heard he is pretty good.no one can lock down wade and lebron but they can try to contain like dallas did in 2011.
Alright cool. Bosh=Gasol than. Although when they go head to head bosh usually does better. Bosh will not be contained. I can see wade and kobe playing equally as good. I can see Lebron being the best player on the floor. Sure howard will get his. As for Nash he will be faciltating and theres only so many shots to be divided between a high volume shooter in kobe, pau gasol and howard. And lebron can lockdown gasol if anything.

MackSnackWrap
08-25-2012, 12:17 AM
People are overrating Ray Allen's effect on the Heat.

How so? Will he not be able to knock down open 3s along with rashard lewis and Mike miller? It doesnt take a genius to know that the big 3 command alot of attention leaving our 3pt shooters open. SO unless he forgot how to shoot the ball he will have a impact.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-25-2012, 12:44 AM
good statement and I think maybe my original post made it look like I was bashing kobe which I was not, I was just trying to correct chronz and pretty highlight how awesome Jordan was. 35 years old and still the best player in the NBA and winning his sixth ring after retiring in his prime. Jordan would probably have 9 rings by now if he didnt retire twice before retiring a 3rd time. These comparison threads I see on this site sometimes are sickening that people say if lebron wins a couple more mvps and a couple more titles will he be better then jordan? Or if kobe wins one or two more rings will he be better then jordan? In football, when you think of the best running back and probably the best player in the NFL, you think Jim Brown. He retired very early just like barry sanders who could of been better and no one questions that and people remember they retired early. but for some reason when it comes to the NBA, people forget Jordan retired 3 times. I don't know if it's do to stupidity, age, not knowing history, or just trolling. It's just baffling.

Basically, the way I look at it is that LeBron should not be compared or even mentioned in the same breath as Kobe or MJ. Just blasphemous.

Right now, Kobe is serving MJ dinner. He's the guy asking MJ what type of champagne he would like, scooting in his chair for him, taking down his order. The student is serving the master. And after 1 or 2 more titles for the Black Mamba, his Airness, Mr. Jordan, at the end of the day, will allow Mr. Bryant to eat at the same dinner table as him.

#icons

MackSnackWrap
08-25-2012, 01:18 AM
Basically, the way I look at it is that LeBron should not be compared or even mentioned in the same breath as Kobe or MJ. Just blasphemous.

Right now, Kobe is serving MJ dinner. He's the guy asking MJ what type of champagne he would like, scooting in his chair for him, taking down his order. The student is serving the master. And after 1 or 2 more titles for the Black Mamba, his Airness, Mr. Jordan, at the end of the day, will allow Mr. Bryant to eat at the same dinner table as him.

#icons

No. Kobe is not that far behind Mj. Im tired of people overstating Mj's greatness. I hate how titles are misused to judge a players greatness. You can mention Mj and Kobe in the same breath. Sure Mj is still ahead but not by that much. Whether Kobe wins another ring or not he is still in convo of the G.O.A.T. A title is a team achievement. If your going by rings Bill Russel is the G.O.A.T.

Big Zo
08-25-2012, 01:21 AM
you know whats funny is that heats fans care what knicks fans think :cool:

Being amused, and caring are two different things. :)

seikou8
08-25-2012, 01:30 AM
Alright cool. Bosh=Gasol than. Although when they go head to head bosh usually does better. Bosh will not be contained. I can see wade and kobe playing equally as good. I can see Lebron being the best player on the floor. Sure howard will get his. As for Nash he will be faciltating and theres only so many shots to be divided between a high volume shooter in kobe, pau gasol and howard. And lebron can lockdown gasol if anything.

agreed with every thing you said expect the last part lebron cant lock down gasol gasol is one most skilled big man in the game and he was having his way in post in gold medal game.lebron is good defender but don't overated him defensively.

MackSnackWrap
08-25-2012, 01:33 AM
agreed with every thing you said expect the last part lebron cant lock down gasol gasol is one most skilled big man in the game and he was having his way in post in gold medal game.lebron is good defender but don't overated him defensively.

Did you not see the game this year where lbj was gaurding pau since bosh was injured. Pau gasol was getting frustrated. Im not overating lbj one bit. Maybe lockdown is not the right word since Gasol is a top 5 Pf and very skilled but he will definitely cause him problem as evident in that game.

seikou8
08-25-2012, 01:37 AM
Did you not see the game this year where lbj was gaurding pau since bosh was injured. Pau gasol was getting frustrated. Im not overating lbj one bit. Maybe lockdown is not the right word since Gasol is a top 5 Pf and very skilled but he will definitely cause him problem as evident in that game.

we can agree lakers vs heat will be one great match up i think 7 games would decide that matchup

seikou8
08-25-2012, 01:41 AM
Being amused, and caring are two different things. :)

i think we can get to second ending on match up and have little chance to go to ecf does if we they heathy.

MackSnackWrap
08-25-2012, 01:43 AM
we can agree lakers vs heat will be one great match up i think 7 games would decide that matchup
No team has a free pass to the finals. Heat have a easier road to the finals. Boston would pose the most problems for us. As for the lakers they should be scared of OKC, that teams only getting better, Spurs are still solid, and CLIPPERS are DEEP. People are really sleeping on them. What they have going on down there has the potential to be dangerous. Would love to finally see a kobe vs lebron showdown plus if this were to happen there would be other exciting matchps e.g Pau vs Bosh or Howard vs Bosh, Wade vs Kobe, etc

shep33
08-25-2012, 01:59 AM
The road out west is going to be super tough. The west somehow improved drastically from last year. The non-playoff teams are pretty darn good on paper, and a lot of them were competitive last year.

MackSnackWrap
08-25-2012, 02:06 AM
The road out west is going to be super tough. The west somehow improved drastically from last year. The non-playoff teams are pretty darn good on paper, and a lot of them were competitive last year.

Agreed. East has gotten better aswell specifically the Atlantic division but the west is tougher conference without a doubt.

DreamShaker
08-25-2012, 02:30 AM
If the paper was from 2006.

DreamShaker
08-25-2012, 03:10 AM
I was joking, but Bosh is right. The Lakers have big names on the team, with no real idea how they are going to fit together. Bosh knows all about that. Difference is, though, is there is nit a huge window here. Howard has an expiring contract and the other guys are pretty old in NBA years. If they click and stay healthy, they could have a great team. But everyone is already crowning them, which is premature.

Iron24th
08-25-2012, 07:17 AM

great, cause it's not the heat who worry Lakers fans too.

MackSnackWrap
08-25-2012, 08:02 AM
great, cause it's not the heat who worry Lakers fans too.

Well your in for a surprise then.

JayW_1023
08-25-2012, 09:41 AM

Which is why it surprises me people STILL go with <=> -comparisons to measure teams.

Individual match ups are just one of the many aspects of the game.

lookie8
08-25-2012, 12:06 PM
Why would anyone care what Chris Bosh says

C-Style
08-25-2012, 04:36 PM

lol He did not stop Gasol, the only think he stoped was the entry pass, nobody, not even Kobe can could throw it in to Gasol, some of it had to do with Lebrons great on ball denial but a lot had to do with the lack of passers the team had. That would no longer be a issue with Nash. And trust me if Gasol gets the ball, Lebron won't be able to defend him