PDA

View Full Version : Cool Joe Johnson... real cool and classy of you smh

Chill_Will_24
08-24-2012, 02:12 PM
"I think everyone is inspired right now by this Brooklyn thing," said Johnson. "I know Iím excited. Iím doing things Iíve never done before as far as working out and preparing myself." -Joe Johnson

How much exactly did the Hawks pay this guy?? I am sure ATL fans are happy to hear this. Good job Joe.

http://nba-point-forward.si.com/2012/08/24/joe-johnson-brooklyn-nets/

LakeShowRaider
08-24-2012, 02:18 PM
WOOOOW. Some of these athletes really don't think before they speak. Shows how much they DON'T deserve the money they get paid.

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 02:18 PM
Whats the point of this?

Do you just like to trash your own players?...I dont understand, nobody would know all this stuff if you didnt point it out. Its like you enjoy Nets and their players getting trashed.

Big Zo
08-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Could it be he was introduced to new methods of working out, and not neccesarily working out more?

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Whats the point of this?

Do you just like to trash your own players?...I dont understand, nobody would know all this stuff if you didnt point it out. Its like you enjoy Nets and their players getting trashed.

Anyone who openly admits they haven't worked as hard as they could at their game deserves to be bashed. I never understand why they even say things like this. Don't want to work as hard as you can? Fine, but don't mention it when you are being paid $243k per game. You look like an idiot when you do this, because most people would give their left nut to make the money these guys do.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Could it be he was introduced to new methods of working out, and not neccesarily working out more?

That is how it actually reads, which is why I don't think of it as the biggest deal. But I have heard players mention this type of stuff, and as I explained above, it irks the fans when a player tells you he hasn't tried his hardest.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-24-2012, 02:23 PM
Whats the point of this?

How about you actually address the matter at hand rather than trying to shove this thing aside like it's nothing by changing the topic?

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 02:24 PM
Anyone who openly admits they haven't worked as hard as they could at their game deserves to be bashed. I never understand why they even say things like this. Don't want to work as hard as you can? Fine, but don't mention it when you are being paid $243k per game. You look like an idiot when you do this, because most people would give their left nut to make the money these guys do.

Well as a Net fan I dont have any kind of sympathy for any other teams, this is a competive game. I dont shake my head at a player saying he is working the hardest he has ever worked for my team. And if you read the article he said he is working harder because he is getting older and you have to work out more. Instead of making your favorite teams player look bad for no reason.

RealLiveBear
08-24-2012, 02:26 PM
One more reason why he's grossly overpaid, add it to the list.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 02:26 PM
Well as a Net fan I dont have any kind of sympathy for any other teams, this is a competive game. I dont shake my head at a player saying he is working the hardest he has ever worked for my team. And if you read the article he said he is working harder because he is getting older and you have to work out more. Instead of making your favorite teams player look bad for no reason.

You shouldn't hold players on your team to a different standard then any other player in the league. It doesn't work that way.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 02:27 PM
One more reason why he's grossly overpaid, add it to the list.

the most overpaid so called star, for sure.

SteBO
That is how it actually reads, which is why I don't think of it as the biggest deal. But I have heard players mention this type of stuff, and as I explained above, it irks the fans when a player tells you he hasn't tried his hardest.
You should look up what Vince Carter said after he left Toronto. Better yet, watch this interview..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCSvUjaJaDw

This to me is more blatant. So I've heard worse than what Joe Johnson said, but that isn't saying a whole lot. It's just a poor reflection on him. Plain and simple.

greg_ory_2005
What's the big deal? He's excited to be in Brooklyn.

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 02:29 PM
You shouldn't hold players on your team to a different standard then any other player in the league. It doesn't work that way.

Yeah if it was something illegal or he did something unholy but this I have no problem with. Just like LeBron leaving Cleveland for Miami he left his old team I dont think Heat fans care at all about Cavalier fans.

It is what it is.

And maybe just maybe Joe didnt work out his hardest because the Hawks didnt care about him or the team, they just threw a team out there, while Nets are commited to winning and want to win now. Unlike Hawks who didnt want to resign 6th man of the year or makes trades to improve.

Why should he care if they dont care. Why should he invest time in a team that doesnt care or has no chance.

SteBO
08-24-2012, 02:29 PM
What's the big deal? He's excited to be in Brooklyn.
He shouldn't be openly admitting that he didn't try hard enough or that his work ethic was poor because his past situation wasn't as glamorous compared to the situation he's in currently. It looks bad....

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-24-2012, 02:31 PM

Hawks didn't care about him????

The check he received every 2-4 weeks certainly didn't indicate that.

waveycrockett
08-24-2012, 02:32 PM
He's going to be better than ever!!!! MUAHAHAHA MUAHAHAHAHA

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 02:32 PM
Yeah if it was something illegal or he did something unholy but this I have no problem with. Just like LeBron leaving Cleveland for Miami he left his old team I dont think Heat fans care at all about Cavalier fans.

It is what it is.

And maybe just maybe Joe didnt work out his hardest because the Hawks didnt care about him or the team, they just threw a team out there, while Nets are commited to winning and want to win now. Unlike Hawks who didnt want to resign 6th man of the year or makes trades to improve.

Why should he care if they dont care. Why should he invest time in a team that doesnt care or has no chance.

From what I am reading, I don't even think Joe is saying he didn't work his hardest, it appears he is just saying, "man, I have to do different things now to stay in shape, things I never did before". So I am not criticizing him per say, but was criticizing any player who blatantly admits they didn't work as hard, or play as hard as they could have. Like it was a concious decision to be lazy.

Teeboy1487
08-24-2012, 02:35 PM
This could be taken out of context. He is saying he is doing things he never done before. Maybe is simply trying new workouts or diets or something. This statement didn't exactly say he never worked out before in ATL. This is not a big deal imo.

BobbyHillSwag
08-24-2012, 02:36 PM
Yawn who gives a ****? he has to do what he has to do. If he wasnt working that hard before, nets fan just be grateful he is now.

#Shumpert Up
08-24-2012, 02:37 PM

It is what it is.

:facepalm: if they didn't care about him they wouldn't have gave him that gigantic contract

you really have bought into the Commy owners russian propoganda haven't you ;) :rolleyes:

DoMeFavors
Close this thread, its pointless...its just a Net fan trying to look good infront of all you Nets haters.

Corey
Are people seriously overreacting to these comments?

He's excited to be on a new team that is relocating to a new arena in a huge city.

He didn't say he wasn't playing hard for Atlanta.

Some of you are really grasping at straws. These comments show a lack of class? Lol, please.

BobbyHillSwag
08-24-2012, 02:38 PM
This could be taken out of context. He is saying he is doing things he never done before. Maybe is simply trying new workouts or diets or something. This statement didn't exactly say he never worked out before in ATL. This is not a big deal imo.

Im thinking this too. It is taken out of context anyway, but the people on this board are so dumb that they'll take anything and run with it. Like the kevin Love disses Pau Gasol thing.

netsgiantsyanks
08-24-2012, 02:38 PM
Whats the point of this?

it's called being true. you wouldn't know anything about that, now would you? plus, it was probably taken out of context, considering that **** like this happens all the time.

StarvingKnick22
08-24-2012, 02:39 PM
this shouldnt be in the NBA forum.

justinnum1
08-24-2012, 02:40 PM
I dont thin anyone on the hawks tries as hard as they could...

thats what happens what you make someone the #1 option that is not a true #1 option...

SteBO
08-24-2012, 02:41 PM
Actually after looking at this again, I think it is being taken out of context.

"I know I’m excited. I’m doing things I’ve never done before as far as working out and preparing myself."

I look at this, and it's easy to just assume that he's saying wasn't working AS hard because of situation. And now that he's BKN, he's more inclined to work harder.

#Shumpert Up
08-24-2012, 02:41 PM
this shouldnt be in the NBA forum.

push it to the nets forum? i think so :rimshot:

Gritz
08-24-2012, 02:51 PM
This has been taking out of context, he's basically saying he's trying new methods of working out because the excitement of Brooklyn has motivated him, everyone has guys on their team that gets complacent at one point in their careers

juster1028
08-24-2012, 02:57 PM
joe johnsin key to victory!!! nooby fk

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 03:01 PM
Joe is trying new workout techniques? Such as this possibly?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xbsSeVr5NSI

D-Leethal
08-24-2012, 03:02 PM
I don't think this is him saying he dogged it, hes just saying with all the hype surrounding the team hes kicked his training up another notch.

Not really a big deal, these guys are athletes, not PR people, they say stupid things that get easily misconstrued.

HeaTxRipZz
08-24-2012, 03:09 PM

LOL :laugh2: I totally thought about that South park episode when watching that

NY007
08-24-2012, 03:11 PM
Whats the point of this?

Can you for 1 second try not to be a bias fool, if Carter or Kidd etc something like this after leaving your team you would be ****ing pissed. We all would..

It's a really really stupid comment by him, and it's a real slap in the face to ATL.

This guy has the WORST contract in the NBA, the Hawks probably partied for days after trading him. The only reason why it ended up being a good move is cause it kept Deron in BK. And honestly Deron is over rated and stats have just continued to decline.

NY007
08-24-2012, 03:13 PM

Yea with Jay Z's dick

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 03:14 PM
Yea with Jay Z's dick

what is grosser, that I pictured that, or then immediately pictured Beyonce doing that?

edit: that question answered itself, nm

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 03:23 PM
Can you for 1 second try not to be a bias fool, if Carter or Kidd etc something like this after leaving your team you would be ****ing pissed. We all would..

It's a really really stupid comment by him, and it's a real slap in the face to ATL.

This guy has the WORST contract in the NBA, the Hawks probably partied for days after trading him. The only reason why it ended up being a good move is cause it kept Deron in BK. And honestly Deron is over rated and stats have just continued to decline.

Ok but thats my team and I dont care about the Hawks, and Kidd and VC could say that because Nets werent commited to winning back then with Ratner.

TheRunKiller
08-24-2012, 03:24 PM
Whats the point of this?

The point is Joe Johnson is not a winner hes a overpaid overrrated trash that won't make the Nets title contenders.

Rockice_8
08-24-2012, 03:28 PM
Poor choice of words and nothing more. Doesn't mean he wasn't playing hard in ATL. He's got new life in Brooklyn and is trying to build off it.

It's just like any job or girl you've been with most of the time after awhile you get tired of the same old thing and you might not be as enthusiastic as you were in the past.

He's using Brooklyn as a motivating tool but the way he said it makes him sound like he didn't try in ATL which I think is more poor word choice then anything.

Welcome to the NY media JJ time to watch your mouth.

JerseysFinest
08-24-2012, 03:28 PM

I'm not really sure where to begin with this comment, but I'll start here:

How is it a "really really stupid comment"? Are people honestly going to sit here and believe he didn't work hard in Atlanta? The man is just excited to play for his new team, and he said he's doing different things to train. That could literally mean anything from changing his workout regimen to trying a new diet. I don't understand how it translates to him not working hard in ATL.

And honestly Deron is over rated and stats have just continued to decline.
Care to explain further? If you look at his stats the past two years, evidently they worsened because the Nets team's he was on for the past two years sucked. Badly. Literally every player other than him was trash, and last season, the Nets lead the league in injuries. So I would imagine that his stats would dramatically drop since he was the number 1 option on offense and he was forced to carry the load and score.

All in all, this comment made by Johnson has been completely overblown and like Corey said, people are honestly just grasping at straws. There are much more important things people should concern themselves about.

DR_1
08-24-2012, 03:29 PM

:burn:

What we've all wanted to say. Brooklyn has no chance at being competitive.

Hitman21
08-24-2012, 03:32 PM
if Melo or any knick player said this prior to joining the knicks...Domefavors would be creating this same exact thread

nycsports2
08-24-2012, 03:34 PM
Whats the point of this?

haha u mad

Huntey
08-24-2012, 03:51 PM
He hasn't said he's working out harder, he's just said he's approaching it differently. Loads of guys seem to do that when they get a fresh start. New training staff and what have you can have an effect.

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 03:54 PM
One of the worst threads ive ever seen.

TheIlladelph16
08-24-2012, 04:04 PM

All you have to do is remember you have Joe "The Key to Victory" Johnson on your team and none of our teams do... A championship is a lock;) this year

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 04:06 PM
All you have to do is remember you have Joe "The Key to Victory" Johnson on your team and none of our teams do... A championship is a lock;) this year

he is the key to victory

#Shumpert Up
08-24-2012, 04:22 PM
he is the key to victory

and what happens when the nets get whooped in the playoffs? :rolleyes:

TheIlladelph16
08-24-2012, 04:24 PM
he is the key to victory

Personally, I think the key to victory for the Nets is whether or not your center can stay healthy this year. Also, whether or not you have enough depth on your bench behind the starters.

Sly Guy
08-24-2012, 04:25 PM
WOOOOW. Some of these athletes really don't think before they speak. Shows how much they DON'T deserve the money they get paid.

some people tend to overreact to anything a highly paid athlete says.

Tmath
08-24-2012, 04:26 PM
Joe Johnson excited face

http://www.nike.com/jumpman23/images/team/lowres/joe-johnson.jpg

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-24-2012, 04:39 PM
and what happens when the nets get whooped in the playoffs? :rolleyes:

Not sure, maybe you'd know, what happened when the Knicks got "whooped" in the playoffs the last two years?

Oh I'm sorry, does that not count since you guys won a playoff game?

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 04:42 PM
Only the champions dont get whooped in the playoffs, all other 15 teams lose a playoff series.

KingsOfQueens
08-24-2012, 04:44 PM

So stop posting in it you stupid ****.

macc
08-24-2012, 04:44 PM
This is the true definition of "taken out of context." Than you have simple minded people who run off with a quote like this. It's funny how simplistic peoples minds work at times.

TheRunKiller
08-24-2012, 04:53 PM
So stop posting in it you stupid ****.

This. straight up

fadedmario
08-24-2012, 04:54 PM
What an idiot. JJ sounds like a complete tool.

TheRunKiller
08-24-2012, 04:54 PM
Im just saying if Joe Johnson couldn't do anything in ATL with a more talented team what makes you think hes gonna do it with the Nets?

TheRunKiller
08-24-2012, 04:55 PM
dwill should have went to Dallas really

fadedmario
08-24-2012, 04:56 PM

http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_m4h96wqn8c1rwcc6bo1_500.gif

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 04:56 PM
Im just saying if Joe Johnson couldn't do anything in ATL with a more talented team what makes you think hes gonna do it with the Nets?

Who was better than Deron Williams on the Hawks?

TheRunKiller
08-24-2012, 04:59 PM
Who was better than Deron Williams on the Hawks?

no one but i was talking about the OVERALL team

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 05:01 PM
no one but i was talking about the OVERALL team

If you have a good player they can be better than an entire team of role players, you have never seen Joe and Deron play yet you dont know their chemistry is. You dont know how good they will be.

I dont think a bench of Tmac, Vladmire, Willie Greene, Dampier is a great overall team. Especially when Joe was the best passer on the team. They had no pg.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-24-2012, 05:01 PM
Stupid thing to say, but I doubt he meant it the way it came out. Media took it and rolled with it. Welcome to NY, Joe.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-24-2012, 05:04 PM
dwill should have went to Dallas really

Yeah... Dallas just has SO much promise. :rolleyes:

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 05:05 PM
Stupid thing to say, but I doubt he meant it the way it came out. Media took it and rolled with it. Welcome to NY, Joe.

Lol Welcome to NY? I dont think any player cares about what the media writes in a newspaper..once again overating that.. Just to let you know nobody gives two **** what people that never played basketball in their life write about them.

ThunderousDemon
08-24-2012, 05:10 PM
What a joke, I hope he gets booed by Atlanta fans.

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 05:11 PM
What a joke, I hope he gets booed by Atlanta fans.

Most of the building with be Nets fans, so I doubt it.

TheRunKiller
08-24-2012, 05:12 PM
Yeah... Dallas just has SO much promise. :rolleyes:

roll your ****ing eyes all you want Dwill would be better in Dallas

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 05:13 PM

There is nothing there, Shawn Marion and Dirk who should retire in the next 2 years...while Nets have Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, and Brook Lopez.

TheRunKiller
08-24-2012, 05:13 PM
If you have a good player they can be better than an entire team of role players, you have never seen Joe and Deron play yet you dont know their chemistry is. You dont know how good they will be.

I dont think a bench of Tmac, Vladmire, Willie Greene, Dampier is a great overall team. Especially when Joe was the best passer on the team. They had no pg.

aight im not saying anymore we'll see how good they are real soon

netsgiantsyanks
08-24-2012, 05:15 PM
i feel bad for you NBA forum guys,i really do.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-24-2012, 05:16 PM

Secretly a Dallas fan I see.

How would they be much better at all?

They wouldnt have acquired the players they did and a main core of DWill, Dirk, and Marion is nowhere near as good as DWill, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, and Brook Lopez.

TheRunKiller
08-24-2012, 05:16 PM
i feel bad for you NBA forum guys,i really do.

why?

ThunderousDemon
08-24-2012, 05:17 PM
Most of the building with be Nets fans, so I doubt it.

Are you willfully stupid?

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 05:18 PM

Ugh no Nets have one of the biggest fan bases in the NBA now, most of our away games with be home games.

TheRunKiller
08-24-2012, 05:18 PM
Secretly a Dallas fan I see.

How would they be much better at all?

They wouldnt have acquired the players they did and a main core of DWill, Dirk, and Marion is nowhere near as good as DWill, Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, and Brook Lopez.

Dallas has OJ Mayo Kaman west dirk marion if you added dwill to that thats pretty damn good

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 05:21 PM
Dallas has OJ Mayo Kaman west dirk marion if you added dwill to that thats pretty damn good

They wouldnt have been able to get those guys if they got Deron

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-24-2012, 05:24 PM

This is what you do not understand, and what I just said prior, if they had signed DWill to a new max contract they couldnt acquire both Kaman and OJ.

And either way Dwill made his decision because he thought the Nets had a better shot at winning than Dallas did. Thats the biggest sign right there that the Nets potential roster with him was much more lucrative than the potential Dallas roster.

ThunderousDemon
08-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Ugh no Nets have one of the biggest fan bases in the NBA now, most of our away games with be home games.

Why do you enjoy being a troll?

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 05:30 PM
Why do you enjoy being a troll?

I dont know what that means. But ok

Lakeshow24KB
08-24-2012, 05:40 PM

Stop.

Ebbs
08-24-2012, 05:45 PM

lol that's how much he made a game last season :laugh:

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 05:47 PM

And the way he plays he deserves every penny

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 05:48 PM

No, last year he made $300,665 per game.....you know, the shortened season haha.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 05:48 PM

omg hahahaha

ThunderousDemon
08-24-2012, 05:49 PM

Such blatant trolling. :laugh2:

Punk
08-24-2012, 05:50 PM
He openly admitted he doesn't like training camp or working out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD0DZcbF3tY

Now, that right there is a clear example of how the media is garbage. They don't make any mention of this quote but would hype it up if it were Melo, Kobe, LeBron, etc.

nicegoing
08-24-2012, 05:50 PM
I don't think he realized what he said or meant in in the way you all are taking it.

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 05:51 PM
He openly admitted he doesn't like training camp or working out

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jD0DZcbF3tY

Now, that right there is a clear example of how the media is garbage. They don't make any mention of this quote but would hype it up if it were Melo, Kobe, LeBron, etc.

he said training camps tough man

the interviewer said he never liked training camp

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 05:54 PM
Such blatant trolling. :laugh2:

No if you have a talent you are going to get paid for it, bus drivers are good at driving buses so they get paid for that. Joe is one of the best players in the game so he gets paid higher. A good chef is getting paid more than a mcdonalds chef.

Robbw241
08-24-2012, 05:54 PM
http://delapruch.files.wordpress.com/2012/01/grasping-at-straws.jpg

ThunderousDemon
08-24-2012, 05:55 PM
No if you have a talent you are going to get paid for it, bus drivers are good at driving buses so they get paid for that. Joe is one of the best players in the game so he gets paid higher. A good chef is getting paid more than a mcdonalds chef.

:laugh:

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 05:58 PM
If there was no cap space and this was like basketball, im sure there would be teams willing to pay LeBron 40 million a year.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-24-2012, 05:59 PM

Lol when the Nets play the Knicks, even the Nets home games will be road games

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 06:00 PM
Lol when the Nets play the Knicks, even the Nets home games will be road games

Not this year

flatbush knicks
08-24-2012, 06:14 PM
who cares joe johnson sucks anyway and i didn't really find anything wrong with what he said

JNA17
08-24-2012, 06:49 PM

I would rather give my right nut though. Lefty is special :).

Kashmir13579
08-24-2012, 06:52 PM
hahaha Amar'e basically said the same thing.

Rocketsfan85
08-24-2012, 06:59 PM
Whats the point of this?

Don't cry ***** lol

EvanTurner
08-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Its too late joejohnson just aint good, he can try harder all he wants it wont matter

DR_1
08-24-2012, 07:06 PM
Since when is JJ one of the best players in the league? :laugh:

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 07:06 PM

A) What is your definition of "best players in the game"? Where is the cutoff?
B) You realize he is the 5th highest paid player in the NBA, right? (rhetorical question).

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 07:07 PM
I would rather give my right nut though. Lefty is special :).

we all have our attachments.... haha

Jackie Robinson
08-24-2012, 07:25 PM
Over reacting a bit here. Jj just excited to be in Brooklyn and not NJ that's all.

cubbies7177
08-24-2012, 08:03 PM

It is what it is.

dude....

hawks fans are happy joe johnson left. are you kidding me? that contract was horrendous. it's absolutely NOTHING like lebron leaving for miami. absolutely NOTHING. if anything, it was glorious that he left. he was probably the most underperforming player at his contract.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 08:06 PM
dude....

hawks fans are happy joe johnson left. are you kidding me? that contract was horrendous. it's absolutely NOTHING like lebron leaving for miami. absolutely NOTHING. if anything, it was glorious that he left. he was probably the most underperforming player at his contract.

Danny Ferry literally deserves some GM of the year consideration for simply getting rid of those 2 horrific deals nobody thought were tradeable.

Losoway
08-24-2012, 10:03 PM
what is the point of this dumbazz thread?

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 10:54 PM
I still cant believe a Net fan made this thread so funny

Gram
08-25-2012, 12:27 AM
Whats the point of this?

Dude if Johnson wasn't a Net you wouldn't care.

aztr0
08-25-2012, 08:57 AM
He's doing things he's never done before in terms of working out. What's wrong with that? It is like saying Amare hasn't been training 100% all these years, because until recently he hasn't been working on his post moves with The Dream. Some of you just... lol.

BobbyHillSwag
08-25-2012, 09:27 AM
I have to agree with DoMeFavors, even if he wouldnt care about the situation with johnson not being on his team. This is just an example of stupidity if you cant understand he didnt mean like he wasnt trying hard. He was just saying that he was going to new lenghts for his new team. Maybe they have different exercise sessions?

*Silver&Black*
08-25-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't really care to be honest. I'm glad we got rid of that contract, and still have our 2 best players Smith and Horford (with a bunch of cap space, enough to sign 2 max guys next summer). Peace Joe, good luck. I feel we made up his scoring with a more solid bench and all-around team (Joe and Marvin for Harris, Lou Williams, Morrow, Stevenson and Korver basically)

*Not to mention our rookie shooter John Jenkins that will add to the point difference*

netsgiantsyanks
08-25-2012, 12:17 PM
i believe the whole point of this is that brooklyn will receive a **** ton of backlash because of this taken out of context.

VinceCarter
08-25-2012, 12:45 PM
You should look up what Vince Carter said after he left Toronto. Better yet, watch this interview..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCSvUjaJaDw

This to me is more blatant. So I've heard worse than what Joe Johnson said, but that isn't saying a whole lot. It's just a poor reflection on him. Plain and simple.

At least he admits it. Most players would've just lied and said they were doing their best.

DoMeFavors
08-25-2012, 12:45 PM
I don't really care to be honest. I'm glad we got rid of that contract, and still have our 2 best players Smith and Horford (with a bunch of cap space, enough to sign 2 max guys next summer). Peace Joe, good luck. I feel we made up his scoring with a more solid bench and all-around team (Joe and Marvin for Harris, Lou Williams, Morrow, Stevenson and Korver basically)

*Not to mention our rookie shooter John Jenkins that will add to the point difference*

Harris and Stevenson are terrible

DR_1
08-25-2012, 12:50 PM
Harris and Stevenson are not terrible :laugh2:

Let me guess, they were "All-Star caliber" on the Nets and declined quickly after leaving

DoMeFavors
08-25-2012, 12:54 PM

Let me guess, they were "All-Star caliber" on the Nets and declined quickly after leaving

They were once good especially Harris in 09 but since has SUCKED and if you watch him you would know. And Deshawn probably shot the worst fg% in the NBA last season getting open looks from Dwill.

EvanTurner
08-25-2012, 01:01 PM
Joe johnson the most trashiest so call star I ever heard of in nba history

VinceCarter
08-25-2012, 01:02 PM

Weak comeback considering Harris was all-star caliber on the Nets. Stevenson not so much haha

Punk
08-25-2012, 01:02 PM
He's doing things he's never done before in terms of working out. What's wrong with that? It is like saying Amare hasn't been training 100% all these years, because until recently he hasn't been working on his post moves with The Dream. Some of you just... lol.

No, Amare worked out and worked on his game all the time during the summer but until recently, he's working on his post game in the summer.

Joe is basically saying, he's just starting to work out in the summer in general. Which is the problem and probably why he always fails to play well in the playoffs due to fatigue.

I do think everyone is blowing it out of proportion but that is a clear statement, he's been lazy in Atlanta and knows Brooklyn will not tolerate it.

JasonJohnHorn
08-25-2012, 01:13 PM
I can't imagine he meant anything by it. He obvioulsy works hard to be where he is, but sometimes a new situation inspires somebody to put in more of an effort. It's hard to stay motivated when the team your on makes no progress, despite your efforts, but when you are put in a new situation, it motivates you. I'm sure JJ just mis-spoke when he said this.

TheRunKiller
08-25-2012, 03:18 PM
This is what you do not understand, and what I just said prior, if they had signed DWill to a new max contract they couldnt acquire both Kaman and OJ.

And either way Dwill made his decision because he thought the Nets had a better shot at winning than Dallas did. Thats the biggest sign right there that the Nets potential roster with him was much more lucrative than the potential Dallas roster.

I understand now. you're right :o