PDA

View Full Version : Dwyane Wade: Lebron has a long way to surpass MJ

davids22
08-23-2012, 08:53 PM
CHICAGO -- Dwyane Wade isn't ready to put Miami Heat teammate LeBron James in Michael Jordan's category.

Not yet anyway.

"I don't know if (James) has the ability to surpass (Jordan) or not," Wade told ESPNChicago.com on Thursday during a promotional event for his Wade's World Foundation. "That's yet to be seen. My version as LeBron being on par with Michael is this: They're both on the golf course. Michael's on the 18th hole. LeBron is somewhere on like the fourth hole. He's got a long way to go, but he's on par to get to the 18th hole.

Wade He's one that we haven't seen, with the makeup of a 6-8 guy who runs as fast as any point guard, jumps as high as any center, and has the ability that he has to do so many things. But Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time, that's who everyone shoots for. So it's going to be hard to surpass that.
-- Dwyane Wade on LeBron James

"I think everyone knows that (James) is a phenomenal, phenomenal player. He's one that we haven't seen, with the makeup of a 6-8 guy who runs as fast as any point guard, jumps as high as any center, and has the ability that he has to do so many things. But Michael Jordan is the greatest player of all time, that's who everyone shoots for. So it's going to be hard to surpass that."

Wade, a Chicago native who told the South Florida Sun-Sentinel last week that James was "on that level" as it pertained to Jordan, played an instrumental role in James signing with the Heat two summers ago.

James capped a remarkable year earlier this month with an Olympic gold medal for Team USA. Before that, he won his third league MVP, his first NBA championship and an NBA Finals MVP.

"I'm not (surprised)," Wade said of James. "Because there's a certain period in your life and a time (in) an age group where you're going to continue to get better. You see players like Kevin Durant, Russell Westbrook, they're good now but they're going to be better. And it's not saying how many more points you can score, it's just being better as an overall player. And LeBron is at that point; he's 27 years old.

"He's now playing with that confidence, that swagger that you need, and he's right in the smack of his prime. We've all seen it from all the best players in this game, all the future Hall of Famers, that age -- 27, 28, 29 -- that's like the best years, and then after that if you stay healthy, then you have even more great years like a Michael Jordan, like a Kobe (Bryant) has had, when they reach their 30s."

Jordan won his first of six NBA titles at age 27 in his seventh season. James was also 27 when he won his first title, and if he ever wrestles the unofficial title of the NBA's greatest, he likely will need to match Jordan's title haul.

As the Jordan-James debate rages on, Wade believes the Heat can be a dynasty as long as they stay healthy.

"If you're a team that's lucky enough not to have major injuries along your run, then it can possibly be," Wade said. "But you never know that until it's over. As a Chicago Bulls fan, when they won their first championship, I didn't say, 'We're going to win five more.' You just hope that your team continues to compete and they get in that situation that they're good enough to pull it out and are able to win.

"So right now, we won one and that's a lot more than a lot of teams have done in the past, but it's a lot less than (other teams) as well. We just want to continue to get better and hopefully we're there again in the Finals to try and win another one."

http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story/_/id/8297513/dwyane-wade-know-lebron-james-surpass-michael-jordan

NYKnickFanatic
08-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Uh ohhhzzz there goes the chemistry!

smiddy012
08-23-2012, 09:14 PM
This is not news to any "rational" basketball fans.

JNoel
08-23-2012, 09:17 PM
Its hard to go against MJ...

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-23-2012, 09:19 PM
Longevity of excellence is what will define LeBron's career at the end of the day.

SugeKnight
08-23-2012, 09:21 PM
Wade is already jealous like pippen lol jk jk

Cal827
08-23-2012, 09:25 PM
The saddest part, is even if Lebron matches his titles and post godly stats that are on par or even better than Michael, people are gonna bring up that MJ decided to play Baseball during a couple years and could have been better and won more titles.

And JordansBulls will bring up HCA.

Longhornfan1234
08-23-2012, 09:26 PM
Wade is just jealous of King James. LeBron will go down as a top 5 player of all-time...and Wade will be a fringe top 50 player.

The Flash
08-23-2012, 09:29 PM
Wade is just jealous of King James. LeBron will be go down as a top 5 player of all-time...and Wade will be a fringe top 50 player.

your reading comprehension skills suck

justinnum1
08-23-2012, 09:30 PM
your reading comprehension skills suck

he's just a troll.

davids22
08-23-2012, 09:31 PM
And JordansBulls will bring up HCA.

BAHAHAHAHA

In my opinion, I like Wades golf comment. It's obviously hard to compare the two when we know the end result of MJ's career. If Lebron wanted ANY shot at being considered better than MJ, he'd need at least 7 titles. And if Lebron has 12 years left on his career (retire at 39 which is a stretch for a guy that relies on his athleticism), to think that he could win HALF of the NBA Titles from then and now is an absurd thought. He'd HAVE to be the GOAT to accomplish a feat like that. Not to mention win all 6 FMVPs along with it.

Longhornfan1234
08-23-2012, 09:32 PM
he's just a troll.

Because I disagree with you? :facepalm:

justinnum1
08-23-2012, 09:33 PM

because you hate wade.

davids22
08-23-2012, 09:35 PM
Yeah no offense longhornfan. I'm a big fan of Lebron myself but your hate for Wade is well known throughout PSD

4 POINT PLAY LJ
08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
Never ever will someone touch Jordan's legacy.

It was just too physical back then and alot more competition.

But lebron will be a top 10 player of all time when he's done

Longhornfan1234
08-23-2012, 09:38 PM
because you hate wade.

My bad... I try to be objective.

Losoway
08-23-2012, 09:38 PM
lebron is already better then jordan in my eyes

Longhornfan1234
08-23-2012, 09:40 PM

How so?

SteBO
08-23-2012, 09:42 PM
Wade's just being honest....

I don't even think "LeBron" cares about whether or not he'll be better than Jordan. Just another media-driven storyline gasbags can discuss on ESPN, First Take, etc...since there isn't anything else significant going on in the NBA to talk about.

SwatTeam
08-23-2012, 09:44 PM
If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

GoPacers33
08-23-2012, 09:48 PM
No ****. Why is this even news

4 POINT PLAY LJ

I don't even think "LeBron" cares about whether or not he'll be better than Jordan. Just another media-driven storyline gasbags can discuss on ESPN, First Take, etc...since there isn't anything else significant going on in the NBA to talk about.

Yup

BobbyHillSwag

THis, seriously, Im positive players dont even think about that ****. It might be nice to hear but it seems like they just go out to win and have fun. It's not like they are thinking about people in the past the whole time.

ThunderousDemon
08-23-2012, 09:55 PM

You're blind.

0nekhmer
08-23-2012, 10:12 PM

facepalm needs to be removed from this site :)

Anyways, I agree with Wade, and Lebron most likely does too. I'm actually surprised everyone is going against Wade here, when last season Lebron was the Go-To-Basher.

RLundi
08-23-2012, 10:12 PM

Cataract?

ATX
08-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Wade is just jealous of King James. LeBron will be go down as a top 5 player of all-time...and Wade will be a fringe top 50 player.

Such a ridiculous statement. Wade won a title as the man, and all he's done is preach sacrifice for the greater good since he accepted that the league is too talented to do all yourself. LBJ is one of his best friends, and to say he's jealous is trolling, and saying he'll be fringe top 50 when his career is over is trolling at it's finest. If anything don't you think Wade would love LBJ for helping him win another title, and possibly more. I don't see how anyone can take you seriously when you state your heavily blind biased opinions as if they're fact. Objective? I don't think so.

ChiSox219
08-23-2012, 10:38 PM
If Lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monSTARS and save planet Earth from annihilation and forced slavery with Bill Murray and Newman from Seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the GOAT.

/thread

jchase3
08-23-2012, 10:53 PM
I don't understand how this becomes a thread...

mdm692
08-23-2012, 11:12 PM

lasik eye surgery?

dodie53
08-23-2012, 11:14 PM
wade is right.

3ballbomber
08-23-2012, 11:15 PM
seriously, go back to school.

Hardaway Here
08-23-2012, 11:15 PM
I fail to see how Wade would ever be jealous of LeBron James apparently honesty is frowned upon

StinkEye
08-23-2012, 11:17 PM

I think LeBron would enjoy the physicality of the game back then. Imagine him being able to use his physical talent even more.

3ballbomber
08-23-2012, 11:18 PM
game over. close thread

seikou8
08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
wade is right and logical fans know this

GREATNESS ONE
08-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Why try and go up against the likes of MJ, Magic, O'neal, Duncan, or Bryant. Lebron is special in his own way and still has a solid 5 years.

Comparing these players and belittling them isn't helping anything. Let them be great in their own right, too hard to compare different eras of basketball but a lot of fun to watch :)

These players are all legendary. Let them be.

MackSnackWrap
08-24-2012, 12:39 AM
Wades right lebron has some ways to go. But he definitely is heading down the right path. I think more than rings the way James plays after he hits 30 will determine if he can surpass Mike. Transitioning from an athletic style of play to developing that post game further and having an effective jump shot. With that said Lebron will need atleast 3 more rings aswell.

smiddy012
08-24-2012, 01:56 AM

lmao

i think i might sig this...

Bruno
08-24-2012, 02:17 AM
it sucks that every great player has to be compared to MJ. the only thing LBJ should be concerned with is beating Kevin Durant in title count, and keeping Kobe and Dwight from winning any rings in the next two years. if he does those two things, everything else will fall into place for him in regards to legacy and all-time standing.

smart motivation by wade.

NBA-GMaster
08-24-2012, 06:37 AM
LeBron = Jordan
Wade = Pippen
Bosh = Rodman

thenaj17
08-24-2012, 07:06 AM

That's just not true.

thenaj17
08-24-2012, 07:07 AM
if lebron can stretch out his arm from half court and dunk on a buzzer beater to beat the monstars and save planet earth from annihilation and forced slavery with bill murray and newman from seinfeld as his teammates, then he will be considered the goat.

lmao!

basketfan4life
08-24-2012, 07:36 AM
lasik eye surgery?

:) i had that a week ago, and now i'm obsessed if i'm completely normal in the eyes or have any kind of seeing problems. It's going to kill me. And i know i see wonderfull now comparing before :)

jp611
08-24-2012, 08:08 AM
This comparison really gets annoying, Lebron will never be Michael... He's a different type of player, he's great in his own sense... He's revolutionized the game and is able to guard almost all positions... He's a freak physical specimen and is the greatest player in the world right now... Why do we always have to compare him to Michael? It's not fair to Lebron really... Who cares? 2 different players, 2 different eras, 2 different playing styles, and 2 of the greatest players of all time

YEDN90
08-24-2012, 08:31 AM

Oh wow, LOL.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 08:45 AM
LeBron lost a series with HCA. Game over.

BklynKnicks3
08-24-2012, 08:52 AM
Lebron is already better talent but the coward move he pulled should never even put him in the conversation i dont get how very few people get this the guy is a flat out COWARD!! Wade is a coward to but at least he won with out lebron.

TheIlladelph16
08-24-2012, 09:01 AM

Seriously choked on my coffee while reading this haha

Thread/

Losoway
08-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Lebron is already better talent but the coward move he pulled should never even put him in the conversation i dont get how very few people get this the guy is a flat out COWARD!! Wade is a coward to but at least he won with out lebron.

yea he just won with a shaq that played with a point to prove :facepalm::facepalm:

lebron > jordan

justinnum1
08-24-2012, 10:23 AM

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

JWO35
08-24-2012, 10:28 AM
What's the problem here...should we make a thread when Wade says "The sky is blue"?

RealLiveBear
08-24-2012, 10:28 AM
He ain't lying, Long ways to go, I like the 18th to 4th hole comparison well done Wade.

BklynKnicks3
08-24-2012, 10:35 AM
yea he just won with a shaq that played with a point to prove :facepalm::facepalm:

lebron > jordan

no1 can win alone shaq was solid in season 20 and 10 but way of his career prodution. In playoffs he was alot worse then that. #lecoward = greatest talent ever heart of a mouse.

juster1028
08-24-2012, 10:56 AM
:cool::pLBJ has ways to go :confused: :( u need the fowl line dunk:rolleyes:. 3 pt kontest win. MVP mike jordan was the 3#1 player oaf all tikme ifj udont think so then :mad:idk what to u tell u....... smh every day from these thread/.

MadBomber
08-24-2012, 11:07 AM
obvious statements for any reasonable basketball fans.

JordansBulls
08-24-2012, 11:21 AM
it sucks that every great player has to be compared to MJ. the only thing LBJ should be concerned with is beating Kevin Durant in title count, and keeping Kobe and Dwight from winning any rings in the next two years. if he does those two things, everything else will fall into place for him in regards to legacy and all-time standing.

It's kinda tough not to be for Lebron as MJ is his idol and he even wore the same number coming into the league. Dr J was his 2nd favorite player and since 23 was retired in Miami he went to #6.

JordansBulls
08-24-2012, 11:24 AM
LeBron lost a series with HCA. Game over.

3 years in a row at that. And was also down 3-2 in a series with HCA. MJ was never down 2-1 nor 3-2 in a series with HCA.:)

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 11:31 AM
3 years in a row at that. And was also down 3-2 in a series with HCA. MJ was never down 2-1 nor 3-2 in a series with HCA.:)

haha, you know I don't care about that theory, but I do admire you for being consistent with it, it obviously does mean something to you as far as a rating system. We all have our own way I suppose.

JordansBulls
08-24-2012, 11:51 AM
haha, you know I don't care about that theory, but I do admire you for being consistent with it, it obviously does mean something to you as far as a rating system. We all have our own way I suppose.

Me I don't use just rings when rating which is why guys like Gretzky and Ruth are my GOAT's in Hockey and Baseball despite not having the most rings. I compare the whole package.

Jordan didn't need 11 rings because he was on a completely different level than Russell statistically.

He didn't need to average 50 ppg like Wilt because he was on a completely different level than Wilt in terms of accolades/titles (at least 100% more of the important accolades/titles - MVP's/FMVP's/titles etc.).

Lebron, however, cannot possibly be on another level from Jordan statistically
(he may end up being as good (right now MJ is #1 all time in PER in the season and playoffs and #1 all time in WS/PER 48 minutes in the season and playoffs) if he keeps up current/similar production in the regular and postseasons for another 6-8 years; it would be a marginal difference, however, unlike Russell/MJ).
Lebron also cannot amass enough accolades/titles to put himself on another level from MJ (5 MVP's, 10-11 top 3 MVP finishes, 6 FMVP's, 6 titles, defensive recognition etc.), so he would have to differentiate himself some other way - namely, statistically - but as we've seen, he really can't do that either. So yeah, he does have to basically match or exceed Jordan in all of these areas (accolades/titles, production, defensive impact), since it's unlikely that he can do enough in one of those categories to completely shatter what Jordan did in that category so as to make his sum total case for GOAT stronger overall.

Few people really grasp the enormity of what Jordan accomplished.

So to me things if the debate ever got close, MJ going 24-0 in series with HCA and always winning as the man and not having anyone on his teams who won league or finals mvp and also taking a franchise that never won before prior to him arriving and turning it into a dynasty is what I would consider a tie breaker sort to speak.

Remember the HCA, Taking an organization that never won before, etc only matters if the players are close to the same level. So Isiah Thomas doing it on the Pistons doesn't mean much when comparing him to Magic Johnson or Larry Bird, but in comparison to someone like Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, etc it does. Me entiende (you understand what I am saying here?

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 11:58 AM
Me I don't use just rings when rating which is why guys like Gretzky and Ruth are my GOAT's in Hockey and Baseball despite not having the most rings. I compare the whole package.

Jordan didn't need 11 rings because he was on a completely different level than Russell statistically.

He didn't need to average 50 ppg like Wilt because he was on a completely different level than Wilt in terms of accolades/titles (at least 100% more of the important accolades/titles - MVP's/FMVP's/titles etc.).

Lebron, however, cannot possibly be on another level from Jordan statistically
(he may end up being as good (right now MJ is #1 all time in PER in the season and playoffs and #1 all time in WS/PER 48 minutes in the season and playoffs) if he keeps up current/similar production in the regular and postseasons for another 6-8 years; it would be a marginal difference, however, unlike Russell/MJ).
Lebron also cannot amass enough accolades/titles to put himself on another level from MJ (5 MVP's, 10-11 top 3 MVP finishes, 6 FMVP's, 6 titles, defensive recognition etc.), so he would have to differentiate himself some other way - namely, statistically - but as we've seen, he really can't do that either. So yeah, he does have to basically match or exceed Jordan in all of these areas (accolades/titles, production, defensive impact), since it's unlikely that he can do enough in one of those categories to completely shatter what Jordan did in that category so as to make his sum total case for GOAT stronger overall.

Few people really grasp the enormity of what Jordan accomplished.

So to me things if the debate ever got close, MJ going 24-0 in series with HCA and always winning as the man and not having anyone on his teams who won league or finals mvp and also taking a franchise that never won before prior to him arriving and turning it into a dynasty is what I would consider a tie breaker sort to speak.

Remember the HCA, Taking an organization that never won before, etc only matters if the players are close to the same level. So Isiah Thomas doing it on the Pistons doesn't mean much when comparing him to Magic Johnson or Larry Bird, but in comparison to someone like Steve Nash, Jason Kidd, Gary Payton, etc it does. Me entiende (you understand what I am saying here?

nah, we are on the same page regarding this subject, we just get there in different ways. I think LeBron has a chance at catching Jordan, but its such a small one, I don't even get into discussing it really. If he wins another title, finals MVP, and MVP this coming season, while dominating with a PER of 30+, 1st team all NBA, 1st team all defense, maybe we can bring it up next year.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 11:59 AM
if all that happens, maybe his chances go up to 1/10 chance haha

xxplayerxx23
08-24-2012, 12:03 PM
:faint: Lebron is hurt by Wade's comments and now wants to be traded :laugh2:

Chronz
08-24-2012, 12:21 PM

Yea but HCA

Bigbadmoffo
08-24-2012, 12:38 PM
LeBron = Jordan
Wade = Pippen
Bosh = Rodman

Wade and Bosh got those guys beat in my opinion.

Tha Truth
08-24-2012, 12:45 PM
Wade and Bosh got those guys beat in my opinion.

Pippen > Wade

and Bosh and Rodman play two completely different styles. Bosh won't be a Hall of Famer like Rodman though.

BklynKnicks3
08-24-2012, 12:53 PM
Lebron is a digrace he could have won with just bosh but to join both he is ring should be made out of chocalte its fake

Tha Truth
08-24-2012, 12:58 PM
Lebron is a digrace he could have won with just bosh but to join both he is ring should be made out of chocalte its fake

....just stop smh

As far as surpassing Jordan, LeBron obviously has a long way to go. He'll probably have to win a couple more MVPs and a few more rings.

Chronz
08-24-2012, 01:25 PM

Check out MJ's championship Bulls without him, then check out a contender like San Antonio without D-Rob. Huge difference in supporting casts right

The difference in the super teams is the league is stronger now so you need more help to win. Relative to their eras, MJ had as much support.

naps
08-24-2012, 02:14 PM
Wade is right. Why is this even a news? Everyone knows this. There are comparisons/discussions on LeBron career projectile and but it's not the same as he already passed Jordan or in the same breathe. He is probably the only one who has shot to somewhat enter that GOAT debate and I do believe he'll finish in top 3 if he's not injured. But I can't envision someone surpassing Jordan.

xxplayerxx23
08-24-2012, 02:21 PM
Wade is right but my problem is why say it? Simple there both great players that played in different Era's. Next question. Thats what he could of said to stop anybody from taking it the wrong way.

sp1derm00
08-24-2012, 02:22 PM
Uh, he's only speaking the truth. Lebron has one ring and Wade's supposed to say he's right there with MJ? In what world?!

Wade is also an MJ fanboy, being a Chicago native.

What surprised me most about the interview is his mention of Kobe as great. I thought he didn't like or respect Kobe at all, but judging from the interview, he at least respects him.

SteBO
08-24-2012, 02:31 PM
Uh, he's only speaking the truth. Lebron has one ring and Wade's supposed to say he's right there with MJ? In what world?!

Wade is also an MJ fanboy, being a Chicago native.

What surprised me most about the interview is his mention of Kobe as great. I thought he didn't like or respect Kobe at all, but judging from the interview, he at least respects him.
Wade has always had respect for Kobe. That was just something the media wanted to stir up.

LOOTERX9
08-24-2012, 05:15 PM
With friends like wade who needs enemies?

E.O.21
08-24-2012, 05:26 PM
Everybody knows that

b@llhog24
08-24-2012, 06:47 PM
Wade's from Chicago so he idolizes MJ, I doubt he would say LeBron could pass him.

Swift Game
08-24-2012, 07:14 PM
Lebron does not have the time left in his career to surpass Jordan or Kobe case closed. If he would have one 1 or 2 title's earlier on he may have had a chance and maybe not even then.

He will still end up being behind MJ, Magic, Bird, Russell, Kareem, Kobe, Duncan, Shaq and Horry when its all said and done.

Houston rox
08-24-2012, 07:32 PM
First off Lebron its an incredible player but not mj not Kobe.. I hate when ppl forget of how good mj n Kobe and other great player were just because the media puts all this attention on them. And not to hate but our kinda takes sum of the greatness out when he n bosh decided they couldn't do it themselves. Overall one the 50 greatest players of all time no specific position but no not mj not Kobe not Shaq.. And sumone had put Bosch = rodman.. No that is rediculous Rodman wad a rebounding machine Bosch is, not..

Houston rox
08-24-2012, 07:35 PM
Oh and yea he can win more rings and that part of reason he is a great player but once again leaving his team cuz he couldn't win plays a big part.

bucketss
08-24-2012, 09:41 PM
Lebron does not have the time left in his career to surpass Jordan or Kobe case closed. If he would have one 1 or 2 title's earlier on he may have had a chance and maybe not even then.

He will still end up being behind MJ, Magic, Bird, Russell, Kareem, Kobe, Duncan, Shaq and Horry when its all said and done.

lol lebron definitely has more than enough time to pass kobe.

bucketss
08-24-2012, 09:46 PM
Oh and yea he can win more rings and that part of reason he is a great player but once again leaving his team cuz he couldn't win plays a big part.

okay so its his fault that he got drafted to a small market team with no other stars while kobe went straight to the best franchise in the league and played with a prime shaq his rookie year? and because of that lebron is penalized because he went to a better situation? GTHOH, i understand jordan because he was put into the worst situation and still made it into a dynasty but lebron definitely has a chance to pass kobe.

Pakman
08-24-2012, 09:56 PM
Wade is smarter than most of the people on PSD.

b@llhog24
08-24-2012, 10:11 PM

That's not saying much.

cubbies7177
08-24-2012, 10:13 PM

This.

I was watching Reggie Miller vs. NYK 30 for 30 episode. The NBA has changed too much... it was the WWE, basketball, trash-talking at its FINEST. I absolutely love that intensity, the dedication that all of those players showed.. truly incredible.

The NBA has become far more of a finesse sport in its attempt to become more civilized. I don't blame it, but to succeed now is different than succeeding back then. Back then, it was as much a mental game as it was physical. Reggie getting in Starks head just proves that. That ***** doesn't happen nearly as much anymore. That has become the media's job (to taunt players and whatnot), and it's just not the same.

I think what makes MJ, MJ was far more than just the rings. It was his mentality. It was his response to adversity, his response to ANY ball player coming at him, his response in every big situation. Personally, for me, there's nothing that Lebron can do to match Michael. He screwed it up when he went to the Heat. While I can't judge him AT ALL for that (Miami is probably an amazing place to be, and he gets to be with his friends, and he gets to be on one of the best teams, etc....), Michael would have never done that. He would of never went to Bird, to Magic, to Hakeem, etc... That competitive part of Michael is what made him a f*cking legend.

Lebron is not "legendary" in that sense. He is in many ways a mental coward. Jordan does and will always have that over him. With that said, if his career continues as it has, he will be NO DOUBT a top 5 player.

My point essentially is that to be the BEST PLAYER IN BASKETBALL HISTORY, you need more than stats. You need that "legendary"/"David & Goliath" mentality. We aren't talking about best player of the season, of the decade... We are talking about HISTORY.

cubbies7177
08-24-2012, 10:15 PM

And that's bullsh*t. We give too much credit to these athletes as is... we can't start calling them "smart." Michael Jordan sure as hell isn't "smart." It's easy to brand your clothes/shoes when your the best in the world. His moves on the Bobcats.... I'm sure most PSD members could run a team better than he could.

Wade didn't finish college and had a kid before he graduated.. wouldn't call that "smart" at all.

b@llhog24
08-24-2012, 10:34 PM
And that's bullsh*t. We give too much credit to these athletes as is... we can't start calling them "smart." Michael Jordan sure as hell isn't "smart." It's easy to brand your clothes/shoes when your the best in the world. His moves on the Bobcats.... I'm sure most PSD members could run a team better than he could.

Good point.

Wade didn't finish college and had a kid before he graduated.. wouldn't call that "smart" at all.

Ignorant point. One decision doesn't define a person's life and/or intelligence.

NBAFan2012
08-24-2012, 10:45 PM

Welcome To PSD.

***Stephen A. Smith Palm Smiley****

NBAFan2012
08-24-2012, 10:50 PM
That's not saying much.

Yeah. Some of them have signatures with pictures of Derreck Rose that say "Wait till I am back" like if the horrid Bulls are going to give The Heat or Lakers a challenge whatsoever when both teams will probably sweep the Season series against the Bulls. and the Bulls will lose in the 1st round.

b@llhog24
08-24-2012, 11:05 PM
Yeah. Some of them have signatures with pictures of Derreck Rose that say "Wait till I am back" like if the horrid Bulls are going to give The Heat or Lakers a challenge whatsoever when both teams will probably sweep the Season series against the Bulls. and the Bulls will lose in the 1st round.

Troll harder, maybe you'll get to DMF's level.

seikou8
08-24-2012, 11:13 PM
Troll harder, maybe you'll get to DMF's level.

or fr level :D

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-25-2012, 02:45 PM
Wade is right. Why is this even a news? Everyone knows this. There are comparisons/discussions on LeBron career projectile and but it's not the same as he already passed Jordan or in the same breathe. He is probably the only one who has shot to somewhat enter that GOAT debate and I do believe he'll finish in top 3 if he's not injured. But I can't envision someone surpassing Jordan.

I love how you just shoved aside Kobe from that condo as well as guys who are still mentioned in the GOAT conversations like Magic, Bird and Kareem.

Kashmir13579
08-25-2012, 02:46 PM
God i can't wait for the season to start.