PDA

View Full Version : Report: Nets sign SF Donte Greene

Fresno
08-23-2012, 05:36 PM
It looks like Donte Greene is the newest Net.

The 6-foot-11 forward tweeted, "HELLO BROOKLYN" along with a picture of the Nets logo inside the team's facility in Brooklyn Thursday. That came shortly after Yahoo! Sports reported that the Nets had agreed in principle with Greene. A league source said that the deal will be non-guaranteed.

Greene's agent, Chris Luchey, told The Post that it was premature to say a deal had been signed already, but that all signs point to Greene joining the Nets.

When the move is completed, it will give the Nets a young, viable small forward to play behind Gerald Wallace, one of the two remaining needs on the roster. The second is another center to back up Brook Lopez.

http://www.nypost.com/p/blogs/netsblog/nets_land_reserve_forward_greene_nW5Rmhv2ZpVRDrnj9 ZPPfN#ixzz24PKpuShS

Ezio
08-23-2012, 05:39 PM
Game over

netsgiantsyanks
08-23-2012, 05:43 PM
nets forum

:p

Chronz
08-23-2012, 05:44 PM
I still believe

rocket
08-23-2012, 05:46 PM
|_| <--- ****s given cup

Hawkeye15
08-23-2012, 05:46 PM
Someone just shot up the player rankings for a certain Nets fan.

greg_ory_2005
08-23-2012, 05:47 PM
:laugh:

Knicks21
08-23-2012, 05:48 PM
Oh damn, league has no chance now.

BradHolt4CYoung
08-23-2012, 05:52 PM
It's funny reading the same remarks in this forum in every thread about a bench player signing on a big market team.

I didn't think he was 6'11...that's huge for us I think he is our 2nd tallest player next to Lopez. Athletic too.

Rivera
08-23-2012, 05:53 PM
Championship for brooklyn

MagicBucsSox
08-23-2012, 05:55 PM
Lmao a donte Greene thread

rocket
08-23-2012, 05:57 PM
it's funny reading the same remarks in this forum in every thread about a bench player signing on a big market team.

I didn't think he was 6'11...that's huge for us i think he is our 2nd tallest player next to lopez. Athletic too.

|___| <-----

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-23-2012, 05:58 PM
He got a training camp invite?

Raidaz4Life
08-23-2012, 06:09 PM
Good signing, a lot of potential there.

jp611
08-23-2012, 06:13 PM

justinnum1
08-23-2012, 06:17 PM
not fair

PleaseBeNice
08-23-2012, 06:19 PM
haters

ManningToTyree
08-23-2012, 06:33 PM
Championship!

#Shumpert Up
08-23-2012, 06:34 PM
any minute now we'll have the net fans claiming this guy's the second coming! BK 2013 CHAMPS OBVIOUSLY :rolleyes::laugh2:

Punk
08-23-2012, 06:38 PM
He's a camp invite

Captain Moroni
08-23-2012, 06:41 PM
Good bench piece

Netslunatic76
08-23-2012, 06:42 PM
any minute now we'll have the net fans claiming this guy's the second coming! BK 2013 CHAMPS OBVIOUSLY :rolleyes::laugh2:

Stop hatin'. He's the original Paul George.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-23-2012, 06:43 PM

This threads been open for an hour.

I hate the fact that people think all of us Nets fans think like DMF's, but even he wouldnt claim this guy to be the "second coming".

I've seen many more Knicks fans hype up a no name on this site.

fadedmario
08-23-2012, 06:43 PM
#CHampionship

JLynn943
08-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Hate all you want, but I like Donte Greene. That said, he shouldn't get many minutes. He's an awesome cheerleader though :laugh2:

Plus he can predict the future: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JGGj5ZLmKxk

fadedmario
08-23-2012, 06:50 PM
Wow, that actually really cool.

JLynn943
08-23-2012, 06:55 PM
Wow, that actually really cool.

definitely my favorite Donte moment

ThunderousDemon
08-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Donte Greene is the key to victory!!!

#Shumpert Up
08-23-2012, 06:57 PM
This threads been open for an hour.

I hate the fact that people think all of us Nets fans think like DMF's, but even he wouldnt claim this guy to be the "second coming".

I've seen many more Knicks fans hype up a no name on this site.

haha the whole point was it to be a knock on DMF xD just a joke man.

Jackie Robinson
08-23-2012, 07:23 PM
Green is a decent bench addition. That's about it. I like the move.

DerekRE_3
08-23-2012, 07:25 PM
Good signing, a lot of potential there.

Three years ago...then sure. I really do hope he can put it together, he's a great guy who was awesome in the Sac community. He really embraced the city from day one. Really good dude. Just not a very good player.

29$JerZ
08-23-2012, 07:28 PM
Donte is already the 2nd best SF in the Atlantic

Gerald Wallace
Donte Green
Carmelo Anthony
Paul Pierce
Landry fields

thekmp211
08-23-2012, 07:29 PM
dwight contingency plan complete

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 07:31 PM
Great signing yet another great player that look less to be on a title contender, I think Deron could make him into an all star type player.

DerekRE_3
08-23-2012, 07:33 PM
Great signing yet another great player that look less to be on a title contender, I think Deron could make him into an all star type player.

99.7% sure this is sarcasm

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-23-2012, 07:34 PM

Mods if this isn't a sign of trolling I don't know what is.

Please just ban him.

I think its obvious now, you aren't a Nets fan by any means.

Rivera
08-23-2012, 07:35 PM

:nod: donte green will be an all star :nod:

I will always love you girl. You will always be my favorite female poster. I just wish you would do me favors to .

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 07:35 PM
99.7% sure this is sarcasm

Ugh no, he was a very good college player and defends the ball well is also athletic, I think Deron can turn him into a Utah Jazz version of CJ Miles or Ronnie.

bucketss
08-23-2012, 07:37 PM
this threads been open for an hour.

I hate the fact that people think all of us nets fans think like dmf's, but even he wouldnt claim this guy to be the "second coming".

I've seen many more knicks fans hype up a no name on this site.

great signing yet another great player that look less to be on a title contender, i think deron could make him into an all star type player.

lol.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-23-2012, 07:38 PM
Ugh no, he was a very good college player and defends the ball well is also athletic, I think Deron can turn him into a Utah Jazz version of CJ Miles or Ronnie.

When were either of those players an all star?

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 07:39 PM
Gerald Green was playing very well once he got to play with a PG like Deron, and Donte is young. I think he will suprise a lot of you this year.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-23-2012, 07:40 PM
lol.

I thought he had a few brain cells, I thought wrong.

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 07:41 PM
When were either of those players an all star?

No, I said all star type which means if he reachs his full potential he can be a most improved. I dont get why you Nets fans put down every move the Nets make. It seems like you are never happy. Instead of cheering for your players or being able to like a player on your team you need to like/hate what the majority of the board likes or hates. So you can let these people change your mind on players like Brook Lopez if you want to say he sucks because they say that, then thats fine. Agree with the people that trash the Nets on a daily basis. I think this was a great move, for the bench adds depth. But you need to speak for me in order to save face or something. :confused: :confused: :confused:

YEDN90
08-23-2012, 07:47 PM
Meh, I like the move. Bench player, but maybe he'll reach his potential....maybe? Please?

No, probably not. I like it either way.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-23-2012, 07:48 PM
No, I said all star type which means if he reachs his full potential he can be a most improved. I dont get why you Nets fans put down every move the Nets make. It seems like you are never happy. Instead of cheering for your players or being able to like a player on your team you need to like/hate what the majority of the board likes or hates. So you can let these people change your mind on players like Brook Lopez if you want to say he sucks because they say that, then thats fine. Agree with the people that trash the Nets on a daily basis. I think this was a great move, for the bench adds depth. But you need to speak for me in order to save face or something. :confused: :confused: :confused:

What on earth are you saying? I've been a huge Brook supporter, I've never put him down once, but I'm also realistic.

And this potential thing is ridiculous , I can become the ****ing president if I reach my "potential", that doesn't mean its going to happen nor is it very realistic.

These people don't form my opinion, I do, but you on the other hand take things to extremes for a thrill.

You try to act like you know what you're talking about but you seriously need a reality check and learn how to analyze players.

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 07:52 PM
What on earth are you saying? I've been a huge Brook supporter, I've never put him down once, but I'm also realistic.

And this potential thing is ridiculous , I can become the ****ing president if I reach my "potential", that doesn't mean its going to happen nor is it very realistic.

These people don't form my opinion, I do, but you on the other hand take things to extremes for a thrill.

You try to act like you know what you're talking about but you seriously need a reality check and learn how to analyze players.

Go ahead do it what you want to man, seems to me every Nets related thread you have to make some sort of post about me, and get the entire thread off topic, you cant resist. Just talk about Donte Greene you dont need to always make this about me.
Its so funny, I should be banned because I said a good player coming out of college that didnt reach his potential yet and going to be playing with Deron Williams could become an all star type? Ive never seen such non confident posters like Nets fans, everything is a bash no matter what..but I guess you got that from other fans always trashing the Nets.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-23-2012, 08:01 PM
Go ahead do it what you want to man, seems to me every Nets related thread you have to make some sort of post about me, and get the entire thread off topic, you cant resist. Just talk about Donte Greene you dont need to always make this about me.
Its so funny, I should be banned because I said a good player coming out of college that didnt reach his potential yet and going to be playing with Deron Williams could become an all star type? Ive never seen such non confident posters like Nets fans, everything is a bash no matter what..but I guess you got that from other fans always trashing the Nets.

Oh please, I've brought you up when people try to say this fanbase has the same asinine thought process as you.

Donte Greene is a camp invite, he needs to do something before I can call him a "potential all star".

And I hold plenty of confidence, I know what I'm talking about. I just despise ignorance,Something you possess a great amount of.

Rivera
08-23-2012, 08:05 PM
you guys need to stop picking on girls. leave domefavors alone she does the best she can and she supports her team. shes just an extreme homer which there isnt that much wrong with that. id rather see die hard homers than bandwagon fans like d12 fan

leave my girl do me favors alone..and you psders need to stop picking on girls

do me favors i got you boo

Gritz
08-23-2012, 08:09 PM
c'mon man

greg_ory_2005
08-23-2012, 08:32 PM
you guys need to stop picking on girls. leave domefavors alone she does the best she can and she supports her team. shes just an extreme homer which there isnt that much wrong with that. id rather see die hard homers than bandwagon fans like d12 fan

This. Stop picking on girls.

Lakers + Giants
08-23-2012, 08:48 PM

You're trolling just plain sucks now. It used to be funny, now it's just pathetic. You lost your touch, just like CousinsEvansDUO.

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 08:50 PM
You're trolling just plain sucks now. It used to be funny, now it's just pathetic. You lost your touch, just like CousinsEvansDUO.

I dont understand you at all, I have no idea what you think im doing. I talk and discuss basketball..if you look at my posts I type my opinion. If my opinion is a troll then I guess it sucks. Whatever.

Be respectful and just reply to my posts not change the subject like that.

Lakers + Giants
08-23-2012, 08:59 PM
I dont understand you at all, I have no idea what you think im doing. I talk and discuss basketball..if you look at my posts I type my opinion. If my opinion is a troll then I guess it sucks. Whatever.

:pity:

Losoway
08-23-2012, 09:10 PM
we really got a decent team now

i cant wait till the season starts

oak2455
08-23-2012, 09:13 PM
Who?

oak2455
08-23-2012, 09:15 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Cal827
08-23-2012, 09:18 PM

How dare you talk smack on CousinsEvansDUO?!

Lakers + Giants
08-23-2012, 09:22 PM
How dare you talk smack on CousinsEvansDUO?!

:hide:

Cal827
08-23-2012, 09:30 PM
:hide:

But honestly though, he's the next Troll to become a mod... he's gonna eventually take over for JordansBulls :D

As to the point, depth signing. I expect that Brooks would get the majority of the time between the wing positions. So he might see like 5-6 mins per game if he can make the team.

MrfadeawayJB
08-23-2012, 09:37 PM
I guess this is a good signing if they want a great cheerleader on thier sidelines

ThunderousDemon
08-23-2012, 09:39 PM

Thank you.

Rivera
08-23-2012, 09:42 PM
trolls getting mad cause my boo is supporting her team. while the rest of you guys pick on girls for her supporting her team. trollers are mad cause my boo got you all!

if my boo thinks this was a great signing for her team it was a great signing plain and simple! woman abusers :pity: and you guys wonder why you guys never some of a females box cause yall just abuse woman

do me favors i got you boo! your knight and shinning armor is here!

Losoway
08-23-2012, 09:44 PM
wassup with all the net hate?

Losoway
08-23-2012, 09:44 PM
trolls getting mad cause my boo is supporting her team. while the rest of you guys pick on girls for her supporting her team. trollers are mad cause my boo got you all!

if my boo thinks this was a great signing for her team it was a great signing plain and simple! woman abusers :pity: and you guys wonder why you guys never some of a females box cause yall just abuse woman

you said the joke like 4 times already. its over bro we get it :facepalm:

Rivera
08-23-2012, 09:47 PM
you said the joke like 4 times already. its over bro we get it :facepalm:

ima do it every time until these trollers lay off my girl DMF...so get used to it

ThunderousDemon
08-23-2012, 09:48 PM
wassup with all the net hate?

:rolleyes:

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 09:52 PM

Your sig actually made me laugh

THE MTL
08-23-2012, 10:22 PM
Hmm, maybe he'll be their Gerald Green.

JerseysFinest
08-23-2012, 10:29 PM
Assuming he actually makes the team, I'd imagine playing with veterans and a pretty good point guard will help in his development.

nico916
08-23-2012, 10:39 PM
This might be a good pick up for the nets for the reason why dude was saying about williams and etc. People shouldnt bash on the idea because as we all know its about the right fit with some players. He was on a young team that went through coach after coach every year. He came in as a guy who was supposed to score like a gaurd, later be a 3pt spot up shooter, to being asked to be strictly a defender. We got guys on the Kings who are finding a hard time to find their nitch or get a defind role. One game he might play for 33 min to the next onky playing 5 and then going back to major minutes to then sitting on the bench for weeks. He can be a kawhi leonard type of guy for the nets. Not saying play style but instead being a guy who is being used the right way knows his role on the team and is surrounded by vets and it doesnt hurt that you have an outstanding pg in willilams. Hes a good kid and I wish him the best.

NYsFinest
08-23-2012, 10:39 PM
This guy is AWFUL.... was just ranked the 336th best player in the NBA on ESPN.

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 10:43 PM
This might be a good pick up for the nets for the reason why dude was saying about williams and etc. People shouldnt bash on the idea because as we all know its about the right fit with some players. He was on a young team that went through coach after coach every year. He came in as a guy who was supposed to score like a gaurd, later be a 3pt spot up shooter, to being asked to be strictly a defender. We got guys on the Kings who are finding a hard time to find their nitch or get a defind role. One game he might play for 33 min to the next onky playing 5 and then going back to major minutes to then sitting on the bench for weeks. He can be a kawhi leonard type of guy for the nets. Not saying play style but instead being a guy who is being used the right way knows his role on the team and is surrounded by vets and it doesnt hurt that you have an outstanding pg in willilams. Hes a good kid and I wish him the best.

I was thinking Robert Horry

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 10:43 PM

what was novak?

NYsFinest
08-23-2012, 10:56 PM
what was novak?

Hasn't gone yet they are only up to 320.... and thats terrible comparison, Novak has always been a fantastic shooter which give him the tools to be a good role player. Novak is a CAREER 44% 3pt shooter, Donte shoots 40% overall. Not even close...

#Shumpert Up
08-23-2012, 11:03 PM

:facepalm: this is why everyone hates nets fans

KingsOfQueens
08-23-2012, 11:03 PM
DoMeFavors, you would actually have some type of credibility if you didn't insist every team besides the Nets sucked.

I remember you saying how Derrick Favors was gonna be the best PF in the NBA, what the **** is he doing now?

I don't care if you're a girl. You're an idiot.

KingsOfQueens
08-23-2012, 11:04 PM

Lol. Check out this guy. Tryna get that PSD punani.

netsgiantsyanks
08-23-2012, 11:04 PM
:facepalm: this is why everyone hates nets fans

because of one trolling fan. cool.

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 11:06 PM
Hasn't gone yet they are only up to 320.... and thats terrible comparison, Novak has always been a fantastic shooter which give him the tools to be a good role player. Novak is a CAREER 44% 3pt shooter, Donte shoots 40% overall. Not even close...

Being only good at shooting doesnt make you good, he cant pass or play any defense. He has floated around team to team and started 3 games his entire career.

KingsOfQueens
08-23-2012, 11:06 PM
because of one trolling fan. cool.

It just so happens this troll posts more than any other Net fan and gives a bad rep. Don't like it? You and other Net fans should post more often in the NBA forum with REAL opinions, not bias BS and insisting its fact.

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 11:07 PM
DoMeFavors, you would actually have some type of credibility if you didn't insist every team besides the Nets sucked.

I remember you saying how Derrick Favors was gonna be the best PF in the NBA, what the **** is he doing now?

I don't care if you're a girl. You're an idiot.

Show me where I said that about favors, because I never said that. You are making things up.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
08-23-2012, 11:07 PM
Donte Greene has talent. It is about time he gets a good coach that cares about character and veterans that are mentors to their teammates. He has a chance to get playing time since the Nets like running with stretch 3's and 4's.

KingsOfQueens
08-23-2012, 11:08 PM
Being only good at shooting doesnt make you good, he cant pass or play any defense. He has floated around team to team and started 3 games his entire career.

You said the other day defense doesnt matter when you can score, referring to Brook Lopez.

Defense is what matters when you're a ****ing center!!

Just face it. You don't know basketball. You're an idiot. Just stop posting. You're a loser.

KingsOfQueens
08-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Show me where I said that about favors, because I never said that. You are making things up.

I don't need to go digging to prove to everyone that you're a fool. They all know.

#Shumpert Up
08-23-2012, 11:09 PM
Lol. Check out this guy. Tryna get that PSD punani.

:laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2: :laugh2:

Losoway
08-23-2012, 11:10 PM
wait domefavors is really a girl ??????

#Shumpert Up
08-23-2012, 11:10 PM

yet his shooting got him a multi year multi million dollar contract. what did green get exactly ?:rolleyes:

#Shumpert Up
08-23-2012, 11:12 PM

it's not a big deal if she's a girl. it's a big deal that she makes asinine remarks constantly

KingsOfQueens
08-23-2012, 11:12 PM

Supposedly. I find that sad if it is in fact true to be honest.

If a girl should be posting on PSD that much she better have some valid opinions.

Not just sitting on the computer all day writing bull ****.

She needs that good D, and I'm not talking defense. Lol

Jint.
08-23-2012, 11:14 PM
Oh Dang

hgtiger32
08-23-2012, 11:14 PM
oh my god. what is psd coming to

KingsOfQueens
08-23-2012, 11:30 PM
Nobody does that to him either..I dont get what you are talking about. That never happends.

And no I dont make deals with people like you.

But Nets will have the better record by far.

Sound really confident. Thats good. True fan.

Yet don't wanna make a bet. :rolleyes:

Gritz
08-23-2012, 11:30 PM

so he's a top 340 player

KingsOfQueens
08-23-2012, 11:31 PM
Someone needs to be a PSD martyr and make a bet with DoMeFavors and get the troll out of here.

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 11:31 PM
[/B]

Sound really confident. Thats good. True fan.

Yet don't wanna make a bet. :rolleyes:

I dont know who you are, never heard of you. I dont care if you leave PSD you dont matter to me. But with the way you want me gone from PSD im not making any bet with you. You will have to keep seeing me on here :)

KingsOfQueens
08-23-2012, 11:34 PM
I dont know who you are, never heard of you. I dont care if you leave PSD you dont matter to me. But with the way you want me gone from PSD im not making any bet with you. You will have to keep seeing me on here :)

Loser posts nudes!!

Gritz
08-23-2012, 11:36 PM
Loser posts nudes!!

C'mon now, bro that's an 11 year boy

Losoway
08-23-2012, 11:37 PM
Loser posts nudes!!

if domefavors isnt a girl ...you just challenged another man to a nude photo bet :phew::phew::phew:

ACanadian
08-23-2012, 11:49 PM
Because he represents all Nets fans?

Yeah he pretty much does, i'd go as far as to call him the leader of Nets fans on PSD

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 11:51 PM
Yeah he pretty much does, i'd go as far as to call him the leader of Nets fans on PSD

Thank you

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-23-2012, 11:53 PM

What an intellectual view point.

ACanadian
08-23-2012, 11:53 PM
Thank you

That wasn't a compliment

netsgiantsyanks
08-23-2012, 11:54 PM

so i should start acting like domefavors?

Gritz
08-23-2012, 11:57 PM
Everyone hates the Nets because Nets did what it takes most of the league 10 years to do. Go from the worst team in the NBA and 2 years later one of the top teams and have a superstar and all star on their roster. Nets have the owner and gm commited to putting a winning team on the floor. And everyones jealous.

Doesn't everyone have this? I don't owners own team to be committed to sucking since they would generate the $ and I doubt GM's are committed to sucking since they would be out of a job faster than Michael Jackson got out of black skin

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 11:58 PM
again stupid comment. the only team it took 10 years for was my knicks and the clippers and yeah im not afraid to say it because im not a superhomer like you :superman:. incompetent management was the problem. it took you multiple years to aquire that team which still isnt better than a 5th seed at best. many teams have assembled better teams in a shorter anmount of time :facepalm:

Name me a team recently that had the worst record and 2 seasons later had a superstar and an all star on their team. And became a playoff team.

ACanadian
08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
Doesn't everyone have this? I don't owners own team to be committed to sucking since they would generate the $ and I doubt GM's are committed to sucking since they would be out of a job faster than Michael Jackson got out of black skin

WTF did I just read?

Toxeryll
08-23-2012, 11:59 PM
lol 9 pages

ACanadian
08-24-2012, 12:00 AM
Name me a team recently that had the worst record and 2 seasons later had a superstar and an all star on their team. And became a playoff team.

Raptors have the potential

netsgiantsyanks
08-24-2012, 12:01 AM
this thread should be done justice.

http://www.google.com/imgres?um=1&hl=en&sa=N&biw=1280&bih=606&tbm=isch&tbnid=9dCt04E4vS5lFM:&imgrefurl=http://www.bopandtigerbeat.com/2011/02/ariana-grande-covers-bruno-mars-grenade-tell-us-what-you-think/&docid=8lVIL_QEeos19M&imgurl=http://www.bopandtigerbeat.com/wp-content/uploads/ARIANGRANDE.jpg&w=430&h=287&ei=cPw2UKSpKIGY6wHN6IHwDQ&zoom=1&iact=hc&vpx=631&vpy=310&dur=2566&hovh=183&hovw=275&tx=83&ty=148&sig=102592393900726986653&page=2&tbnh=137&tbnw=190&start=28&ndsp=30&ved=1t:429,r:26,s:28

good night everybody!

Mave1002
08-24-2012, 12:03 AM
Hey i like donte green. A good piece off the bench with aLot of potential. I duno why alot of people are making fun of this 'alleged' signing.

Should things dont work out with the team, Id take him over Ebanks.

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 12:04 AM
Raptors have the potential

First they got to make a trade or use cap space to sign a superstar, but there are no superstars that are on the trade block or becoming a free agent anytime soon.

ACanadian
08-24-2012, 12:09 AM
First they got to make a trade or use cap space to sign a superstar, but there are no superstars that are on the trade block or becoming a free agent anytime soon.

Terrence Ross has KD characteristics, Valanciunas has almost no ceiling, DD has a chip on his shoulder and Barganani is almost (If not already) a all-star. And doud, we have LANDRY FREAKING FIELDS!!! a future HoF

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 12:11 AM
Terrence Ross has KD characteristics, Valanciunas has almost no ceiling, DD has a chip on his shoulder and Barganani is almost (If not already) a all-star. And doud, we have LANDRY FREAKING FIELDS!!! a future HoF

Those guys might have potential but potential is cheap talk. You have to prove it on the floor. And Barganani is the only one on their that is a proven player. The rest especailly Fields is terrible, I told Knick fans last season how overated and bad he was but they all kept overating him, and now they hate him. So I cant be that dumb can I?

#Shumpert Up
08-24-2012, 12:12 AM

OKC (durant)
Cleveland (lebron)
Miami (Wade)
Denver (melo)
toronto (bosh)

i think i've made my point

ACanadian
08-24-2012, 12:14 AM
Those guys might have potential but potential is cheap talk. You have to prove it on the floor. And Barganani is the only one on their that is a proven player. The rest especailly Fields is terrible, I told Knick fans last season how overated and bad he was but they all kept overating him, and now they hate him. [/B]So I cant be that dumb can I?[/B]

The temptation........

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 12:15 AM
OKC (durant)
Cleveland (lebron)
Miami (Wade)
Denver (melo)
toronto (bosh)

i think i've made my point

None of them were the worst team in the league, and they were all drafted and werent superstars that year. I am talking about trading for a superstar and an all star. No other team can do that. Nets did it because they are commited to winning others cut costs like the Bulls.

mrblisterdundee
08-24-2012, 12:16 AM
Report: Who cares?

#Shumpert Up
08-24-2012, 12:16 AM
None of them were the worst team in the league, and they were all drafted and werent superstars that year. I am talking about trading for a superstar and an all star. No other team can do that. Nets did it because they are commited to winning others cut costs like the Bulls.

you must be ****ing kidding me :facepalm:
denver wasnt even a 20 win team before melo. he brought them to the playoffs the first year
Cleveland miami and Toronto were also bottom feeders that immediately became legit teams within 2 years
im pretty sure miami got wade in 03'-04' and remind what team won the title 2 years later? :rolleyes:

Edit: NJ wasnt the worst in the league either they were more like bottom 10 so nice try

ACanadian
08-24-2012, 12:17 AM
Those guys might have potential but potential is cheap talk. You have to prove it on the floor. And Barganani is the only one on their that is a proven player. The rest especailly Fields is terrible, I told Knick fans last season how overated and bad he was but they all kept overating him, and now they hate him. So I cant be that dumb can I?

Kyle Lowry saids hello

CityofTreez
08-24-2012, 12:19 AM
Good luck with this kid Nets fans.

He never ever channeled his potential, and doesn't acknowledge his size. He has the frame to be athletic, but never shows it. He barely got minutes on our ****** teams, and now he will probably be limited going to a better team.

Once again. He's a great guy/cheerleader, but a chucker at heart who is scared of going to the rim.

Kidd>>>K-Mart
08-24-2012, 12:19 AM
denver wasnt even a 20 win team before melo. he brought them to the playoffs the first year
Cleveland miami and Toronto were also bottom feeders that immediately became legit teams within 2 years
im pretty sure miami got wade in 03'-04' and remind what team won the title 2 years later? :rolleyes:

With the exception of the Miami championship team, no team has had as deep of a roster as the Nets do now.

ACanadian
08-24-2012, 12:20 AM
Good luck with this kid Nets fans.

He never ever channeled his potential, and doesn't acknowledge his size. He has the frame to be athletic, but never shows it. He barely got minutes on our shotgun teams, and now he will probably be limited going to a better team.

Once again. He's a great guy/cheerleader, but a chucked at heart who is scared of going to the rim.

WTF are you talking about

Edit: NVM sorry I thought you were entering the argument im in with this favors kid

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 12:20 AM

Edit: NJ wasnt the worst in the league either they were more like bottom 10 so nice try

2010 record 12-70 worst record in the league
2011 traded for Deron
2012 traded for Joe Johnson

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 12:22 AM
Kyle Lowry saids hello

Deron, Rose, Rondo are in the east he will never be an all star.

#Shumpert Up
08-24-2012, 12:22 AM
With the exception of the Miami championship team, no team has had as deep of a roster as the Nets do now.

thats a ****ing joke right?

OKC isn't deep? they will **** all over the nets
the melo nuggets werent deep? they had a legit 5 and 3-4 deep on the bench that were all great players and a fantastic duo in melo/billups or melo/iverson they just couldnt stay healthy. ^ this situation is very similar to the nets now great players that are surrounded by players who wont be able to stay healthy

CityofTreez
08-24-2012, 12:23 AM
WTF are you talking about

Edit: NVM sorry I thought you were entering the argument im in with this favors kid

I knew Canadians were afraid of the dark, but was unaware they can't process a read post.

ACanadian
08-24-2012, 12:24 AM
2010 record 12-70 worst record in the league
2011 traded for Deron
2012 traded for Joe Johnson

LOL that must of been fun, 12-70?

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 12:26 AM
thats a ****ing joke right?

OKC isn't deep? they will **** all over the nets
the melo nuggets werent deep? they had a legit 5 and 3-4 deep on the bench that were all great players and a fantastic duo in melo/billups or melo/iverson they just couldnt stay healthy. ^ this situation is very similar to the nets now great players that are surrounded by players who wont be able to stay healthy

It took Nets 2 years, it took Nuggets 5 to get Melo and Billups as 2 all stars.

ACanadian
08-24-2012, 12:27 AM
I knew Canadians were afraid of the dark, but was unaware they can't process a read post.

did you read the edit under their or were you unable to read because of your fantastic schools in the U.S?:facepalm::facepalm:

Im not even gonna argue with you

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 12:29 AM
LOL that must of been fun, 12-70?

Its fun now!

Rivera
Do me favors is putting in work get em girl !!!!!!!

Ya dudes should be embarrassed that this girl is puttin work on yall

DoMeFavors
@DMF they have iverson before that. what are you on. give me it :facepalm:

Even that it took 3 and 1/2 years to get Iverson after Melo.

#Shumpert Up
08-24-2012, 12:31 AM

you want the punani real bad dont you :rolleyes:

ACanadian
Its fun now!

Was it fun getting the 3rd pick with the worse record?

Kidd>>>K-Mart
@DMF they have iverson before that. what are you on. give me it :facepalm:

I would like to know what Iverson was on?

#Shumpert Up
08-24-2012, 12:32 AM
Even that it took 3 and 1/2 years to get Iverson after Melo.

still were a playoff team immediately. i don't know what you're trying to prove:facepalm: considering the nets have proven nothing yet

ThunderousDemon
08-24-2012, 12:32 AM
you want the punani real bad dont you :rolleyes:

He wants a nude photo. :laugh2:

CityofTreez
08-24-2012, 12:33 AM
did you read the edit under their or were you unable to read because of your fantastic schools in the U.S?:facepalm::facepalm:

You better not argue with me. You're too busy arguing with DoMeFavors. Therefore, why would I even start?

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 12:34 AM
Was it fun getting the 3rd pick with the worse record?

Yeah because if Nets would have got John Wall they wouldnt have traded him and if they got Turner he would have been untradedable since he was a bust that year. Nets traded a guy with a lot of potential and got Deron.

THE SUPERSTAR IS HERE BECAUSE OF THAT

Ill21
08-24-2012, 12:35 AM
Championship

ACanadian
08-24-2012, 12:36 AM
You better not argue with me. You're too busy arguing with DoMeFavors. Therefore, why would I even start?

Oh we got a badass over here LOL, internet tough guy are you?

ThunderousDemon
08-24-2012, 12:36 AM
Championship

Donté Greene key to victory:win:

Rivera
08-24-2012, 12:41 AM
Treez is the goat poster yall need to learn some respect

Do me favors Keep postin and keep kickin knowledge to these fools boo

Losoway
08-24-2012, 12:42 AM

this dude is really thirsty . who says get em girl in 2012 ? did u snap your fingers in z formation after typing that

ACanadian
08-24-2012, 12:45 AM

"disrespectful"

Kidd>>>K-Mart
08-24-2012, 12:46 AM
Treez s the goat :laugh:

He's more like the Skip Bayless of PSD, i've seen his posts
Don't be so disrespectful!

KingsOfQueens
08-24-2012, 12:46 AM
this dude is really thirsty . who says get em girl in 2012 ? did u snap your fingers in z formation after typing that

LOL!!!!!!

I really lol-ed hahaha.

This thread is ****ing hilarious. And this thirsty guy popping in calling DMF his boo every few pages is priceless.

Lmao. Oh god.

ThunderousDemon
08-24-2012, 12:47 AM

Hahahahaha, it's Richard Simmons!!!

1-800-STFU
08-24-2012, 12:47 AM
Why does Donte Green have a 12-page thread

ACanadian
08-24-2012, 12:48 AM
Don't be so disrespectful!

Tell him dont be talking **** about Canadians lol,

Im out this is gonna turn into something ugly.

No regrets

ThunderousDemon
08-24-2012, 12:49 AM
Why does Donte Green have a 12-page thread

Check my sig.

Alayla
08-24-2012, 03:26 AM
Lol. I read "his" posts a few years ago. I thought they were ridiculous. Instantly became one of the least knowledgeable posters here.

Then I found out "it" was a girl and I laid off for a bit.

But then more recently "she" just kept insisting the Knicks were trash and everyone else sucks besides the Nets and genuinely believes that and is just so damn shortsighted its not even funny nor tolerable.

Guy, girl whatever. Trannys can post on PSD, aliens are welcome too. Just be knowledgeable!

despite the masculine user name (wicth is actually a reference to Vince Carter) im transgendered and i get your point if do me favors IS a girl smh shes making the entire female race look bad as if the respect for women in terms of basketball wasn't low enough :facepalm: and Yes THAT really does deserve a face palm unlike many things here.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 08:25 AM

jesus

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 08:28 AM

People have tried to "reply" to your posts. But they are difficult to reply to, because there is no rational or real basketball thought process to them. They are simply baseless claims about how awesome everyone on the Nets is the moment they put on a Nets jersey, and how awful they are if they aren't wearing one.

One of the most unrealistic fans I have come across here. And a master at trolling on top of that.

waveycrockett
08-24-2012, 08:55 AM
jesus

Well the talent has never been in question with Greene thats for sure lol

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 09:03 AM
Well the talent has never been in question with Greene thats for sure lol

Meh, always had overrated talent imo, but he should have been better than he was. He is still young, but I don't see much upside or downside to this signing. Pure depth behind Wallace.

waveycrockett
08-24-2012, 09:11 AM
Meh, always had overrated talent imo, but he should have been better than he was. He is still young, but I don't see much upside or downside to this signing. Pure depth behind Wallace.

Not really. His athletic ability was always his calling card. It was BBALL IQ and motor that has killed him similar to Gerald Green He drew comparisons to TMAC coming out of HS and College. So talent never in question. Avery has lots of success revitalizing these types of players.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Not really. His athletic ability was always his calling card. It was BBALL IQ and motor that has killed him similar to Gerald Green He drew comparisons to TMAC coming out of HS and College. So talent never in question. Avery has lots of success revitalizing these types of players.

There is where I differ on evaluating "talent". Being able to jump high is awesome, but if you have no brain, where is the overall talent?

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 09:23 AM
Unless "talent" is killing it at an athletic combine in which your knowledge of whatever game you are attempting to play doesn't come into question.

waveycrockett
08-24-2012, 09:27 AM
Unless "talent" is killing it at an athletic combine in which your knowledge of whatever game you are attempting to play doesn't come into question.

Thats what many guys are drafted on. Some guys just get put in a better position to succeed than others. I think going from a bad lockeroom with a lot of immature players and a coach nobody respected to a vet team with a coach who will work with him will do him good same way it did for Gerald Green and Corey Brewer in DENVER. A lot of people LOL'D at us when we got Gerald Green and by the time July rolled he had a ton of teams trying to get him. Donte Greene will fill that Gerald Green roll nicely.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 09:51 AM
Thats what many guys are drafted on. Some guys just get put in a better position to succeed than others. I think going from a bad lockeroom with a lot of immature players and a coach nobody respected to a vet team with a coach who will work with him will do him good same way it did for Gerald Green and Corey Brewer in DENVER. A lot of people LOL'D at us when we got Gerald Green and by the time July rolled he had a ton of teams trying to get him. Donte Greene will fill that Gerald Green roll nicely.

As I said, a depth move, nothing else really.

Losoway
08-24-2012, 10:08 AM
Domefavors is the king of getting net threads to reach 10 pages

Respect

waveycrockett
08-24-2012, 10:19 AM
As I said, a depth move, nothing else really.

Thats what they said about Kris Humphries and Gerald Green.

RealLiveBear
08-24-2012, 10:30 AM
So wait does this mean the Lakers/Heat Aren't going to win it all? Well shucks who woulda thunk it.

waveycrockett
08-24-2012, 10:32 AM
So wait does this mean the Lakers/Heat Aren't going to win it all? Well shucks who woulda thunk it.

there is always next year guys

juster1028
08-24-2012, 10:50 AM
THe nets FTW Joe Johanson Key 2 victory!!!!!! what a dam joke :facepalm::cool::mad:

NYKnickFanatic
08-24-2012, 10:56 AM
Donte Green, a 12 page thread. :laugh2:

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 10:58 AM
Thats what they said about Kris Humphries and Gerald Green.

I feel as if I should have made a 13 page thread on the Wolves acquisition of Chase Budinger. That would be the equivalent of this.

Why do some fans act as if every move is a difference maker?

mickybrneyes20
08-24-2012, 11:07 AM
He'll be the Nets biggest fan, that's all he was on Sacramento!

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 01:52 PM
I feel as if I should have made a 13 page thread on the Wolves acquisition of Chase Budinger. That would be the equivalent of this.

No matter what you say EVERY player is in the NBA for a reason EVERY NBA player brings something to a team for example Scalabrine brings a very good teamate that cheers on his team even though he lacks talent to play a lot of minutes.
Like it or not Donte has probably one of the highest potential in the league, he never got to play with good players in Sac and he will learn from Avery and Gerald.

xxplayerxx23
08-24-2012, 01:54 PM

Budinger is on the Wolves :dance: Underrated move. Make the thread :)

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 02:00 PM
No matter what you say EVERY player is in the NBA for a reason EVERY NBA player brings something to a team for example Scalabrine brings a very good teamate that cheers on his team even though he lacks talent to play a lot of minutes.
Like it or not Donte has probably one of the highest potential in the league, he never got to play with good players in Sac and he will learn from Avery and Gerald.

Yeah, I understand why players make it to the NBA.

Greene is not one of the highest potential players in the NBA. He is added depth for the Nets in case Wallace gets hurt, and can play a couple of positions in a pinch. There is a reason he was still on the market.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 02:01 PM
Budinger is on the Wolves :dance: Underrated move. Make the thread :)

Us small market fans don't create a thread everytime one of our players farts or we sign a bench player who will go for 5-3.

CityofTreez
08-24-2012, 02:04 PM

No. Avery Johnson cannot shoot/jump/dribble/decipher for him once the game starts. If he couldn't succeed on a lousy team who gave him lots of minutes, what makes you think he will succeed on a better team with more limited minutes?

And don't say because he plays for the Nets now. Travis Outlaw blew when he was a NJ Net, and he still blows on the Sac Kings. Some players can't channel their overall potential, it happens to a lot of them, and Donte is one of them.

xxplayerxx23
08-24-2012, 02:06 PM
Us small market fans don't create a thread everytime one of our players farts or we sign a bench player who will go for 5-3.

Im very serious I like the move. Not thread material just like this but Buddy is a solid role player for the Twolves.

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 02:06 PM
No. Avery Johnson cannot shoot/jump/dribble/decipher for him once the game starts. If he couldn't succeed on a lousy team who gave him lots of minutes, what makes you think he will succeed on a better team with more limited minutes?

And don't say because he plays for the Nets now. Travis Outlaw blew when he was a NJ Net, and he still blows on the Sac Kings. Some players can't channel their overall potential, it happens to a lot of them, and Donte is one of them.

Travis Outlaw doesnt have any potential that guy is done and yeah he is probably the worst player in the NBA, he just stopped caring. Donte will have alot more room now. Who is the best passer on the Kings that Donte has ever played with? Not a guy who gets 9 assists a game.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 02:08 PM
Im very serious I like the move. Not thread material just like this but Buddy is a solid role player for the Twolves.

I liked it fine. Kahn can't draft worth a ****, so trading the #18 pick, which typically doesn't even yield Budinger's production, is fine with me, despite the fact that we will need to extend him past this year if we plan on keeping him.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 02:11 PM
Travis Outlaw doesnt have any potential that guy is done and yeah he is probably the worst player in the NBA, he just stopped caring. Donte will have alot more room now. Who is the best passer on the Kings that Donte has ever played with? Not a guy who gets 9 assists a game.

So reduced minutes and a reduced role, and he will get better? Playing with who? The Nets bench will be on the floor with him much of the time he actually sees the court.

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 02:12 PM
So reduced minutes and a reduced role, and he will get better? Playing with who? The Nets bench will be on the floor with him much of the time he actually sees the court.

Ugh no 2 of Deron,JJ,Lopez, Wallace will be on the floor at all times

KnickaBocka.44
08-24-2012, 02:33 PM

This is just not true by any stretch of the imagination.

waveycrockett
08-24-2012, 02:34 PM
Lets get this to Donte Greene pt II

CityofTreez
08-24-2012, 03:17 PM
Ugh no 2 of Deron,JJ,Lopez, Wallace will be on the floor at all times

No they won't. If they do, they'll be broken down once playoffs come around.

You will see the same thing that you saw with Outlaw, especially since Tayshawn Taylor will be sharing the court with him. Get it, 2nd/3rd unit. Not 1st team squad, which Donte would be lucky to even reach the 2nd unit.

You know that feeling when you reach, and reach, but it's too far away?
You're doing it right now thinking you know how Donte Greene will play with the Nets.

Rockice_8
08-24-2012, 03:34 PM
How does a camp invite get 13 pages. The guy has a shot to earn a few minutes here and there at the 3 between him and Toko but that's about it.

The Nets have a pretty solid backcourt rotation with Wallace/JJ/Brooks/Watson/Taylor. There will be about 5-10 minutes a night available at the backup SF (JJ will play there some) and Greene has a shot to get them. That's about it.

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 03:34 PM
No they won't. If they do, they'll be broken down once playoffs come around.

You will see the same thing that you saw with Outlaw, especially since Tayshawn Taylor will be sharing the court with him. Get it, 2nd/3rd unit. Not 1st team squad, which Donte would be lucky to even reach the 2nd unit.

You know that feeling when you reach, and reach, but it's too far away?
You're doing it right now thinking you know how Donte Greene will play with the Nets.

He will play with Deron most of the time or Cj Watson, Taylor wont play

StarvingKnick22
08-24-2012, 03:36 PM
damn you mean that kid who was in the D-league? the rest pof the league stands no chance. Nets 2013 Champs.

Jumba
08-24-2012, 03:36 PM
How does a camp invite get 13 pages. The guy has a shot to earn a few minutes here and there at the 3 between him and Toko but that's about it.

The Nets have a pretty solid backcourt rotation with Wallace/JJ/Brooks/Watson/Taylor. There will be about 5-10 minutes a night available at the backup SF (JJ will play there some) and Greene has a shot to get them. That's about it.

But Donte Greene is the best!

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 04:00 PM

this guy nailed it back on page 1.

CityofTreez
08-24-2012, 04:08 PM

You know that phrase......."you can't fix stupid"?

You will learn shortly with Donte Greene.

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 04:10 PM
You know that phrase......."you can't fix stupid"?

You will learn shortly with Donte Greene.

Donte is now monivated he had a secure contract with the Kings now he is just a camp invite he wants to stay in this league. He will be a candidate for most improved.

Rockice_8
08-24-2012, 04:10 PM
damn you mean that kid who was in the D-league? the rest pof the league stands no chance. Nets 2013 Champs.

Seriously you'll never get that 30 sec of your life back that it took to write this. I hope you're proud of yourself.

Rockice_8
08-24-2012, 04:15 PM

How do you know Taylor won't play? I think he will definitely get some time. The guy can flat out get to the rim and score, he's going to play.

I would say he'll get consistent minutes but I expect him to see spotty minutes at the 1 and 2.

CityofTreez
08-24-2012, 04:20 PM
Donte is now monivated he had a secure contract with the Kings now he is just a camp invite he wants to stay in this league. He will be a candidate for most improved.

Be lucky if he makes the team.

DoMeFavors
08-24-2012, 04:20 PM
How do you know Taylor won't play? I think he will definitely get some time. The guy can flat out get to the rim and score, he's going to play.

I would say he'll get consistent minutes but I expect him to see spotty minutes at the 1 and 2.

Avery now has the pressure in Dallas he never played rookies, the past 2 years he wanted to develop rookies to get them as trade pieces and help improve our team. He will cut the rotation to probably 9 or 10 and play mainly the free agents and vets Nets signed.

Sactown
08-24-2012, 07:20 PM
this guy nailed it back on page 1.

I see what you did there! ;)

But seriously, it's a no risk decent reward transaction... sure I doubt Donte will ever hit the mark DMF is setting for him, but it's not insane to believe he matures and realizes he needs to really learn to play, not like he's received decent coaching thus far. I don't think it's to far of a reach to say he can be a decent back up SF/ stretch PF.

Hawkeye15
08-24-2012, 07:49 PM
I see what you did there! ;)

But seriously, it's a no risk decent reward transaction... sure I doubt Donte will ever hit the mark DMF is setting for him, but it's not insane to believe he matures and realizes he needs to really learn to play, not like he's received decent coaching thus far. I don't think it's to far of a reach to say he can be a decent back up SF/ stretch PF.

As I stated a while back, there is a reason he was still available. Nice depth addition, literally nothing else.

Sactown
08-24-2012, 08:17 PM
As I stated a while back, there is a reason he was still available. Nice depth addition, literally nothing else.

Oh I know, but it's hard to hate the move lol.. it's not like it was a big deal or he was over paid although I think Greene is going to improve knowing now that there is no longer a rookie contract giving him unwarranted money

#Shumpert Up
08-24-2012, 08:30 PM
i still don't understand how we are letting this conversation go on :facepalm: if hes a benchwarmer on the kings why would be be anything more on the nets?

imagesrdecievin
08-25-2012, 12:46 AM
i still don't understand how we are letting this conversation go on :facepalm: if hes a benchwarmer on the kings why would be be anything more on the nets?

Granted - it isn't something that happens all of the time, but you probably would have said the same thing about Gerald Green too.

BranWingss
08-25-2012, 04:02 AM
I can't believe I just read 14 pages of this. Hilarious!

29$JerZ
08-25-2012, 10:06 AM
This clearly is their best acquisition of the summer.

KnickaBocka.44
08-25-2012, 02:06 PM
This clearly is their best acquisition of the summer.

Probably the best value LOL. After that "Top 100 NBA Career Salaries" thread we know Joe Johnson wouldn't be getting that honor.

DoMeFavors
08-25-2012, 02:51 PM
Like it or not Donte is a Net and took less money to come to a contender.

Losoway
08-25-2012, 02:53 PM

the king/queen of getting net threads to reach over 10 pages

:rock::rock: respect

KnickaBocka.44
08-25-2012, 03:14 PM

I don't like it or dislike. I'm indifferent because he will have no impact. It's not like he was in line for a big pay day.

Cal827
08-25-2012, 03:18 PM

#Shumpert Up
08-25-2012, 05:13 PM

yes. donte green. bench warmer of the kings. took less money willingly to go to a contender. you think if he had opportunities to get paid he wouldnt? :facepalm:

king4day
08-25-2012, 05:17 PM
He's a good guy from what I hear. He takes his kid to daycare by me. My friend works there and said he's very humble and from what she sees at the center, a really good dad.