PDA

View Full Version : Who Will Be the Top 5 Most Exciting Teams in the NBA Next Year?

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-22-2012, 08:50 PM
Top 5 in terms of Team Style of Play + Personalities involved.

1. L.A. Lakers (Nash running the show + the clown Howard, seeing the Kobe-Nash connection and Kobe-Dwight connection)

2. OKC Thunder (The young guns, the beard of James Harden, the running game)

3. New Orleans Hornets (the youth oozing of Rivers, Gordon, Aminu and Davis)

4. L.A. Clippers (CP3 throwing lobs to Blake for the 2nd straight yr, LO aka Mr. Kardashian joins the team, deep and talented team)

5. Minnesota Timberwolves (Rubio running the show, KLove's improvement)

What are yours?

tapajafri
08-22-2012, 08:53 PM
leave it to a laker fan to exclude the obvious miami heat as a top 5 exciting team. Dont let your bias/pride control your posts on an online sports forum.

DoMeFavors
08-22-2012, 08:53 PM
Nets
Heat
Lakers
Magic- pure comedy going to be some of the worst basketball ive ever seen
Celtics

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-22-2012, 08:54 PM
leave it to a laker fan to exclude the obvious miami heat as a top 5 exciting team. Stop with the bias.

Who's exciting other than LeBron? :confused:

Not all that fun to see Lewis, Allen, Miller and Battier sipping a latte and reading the paper while camping out behind the 3 pt line and waiting for Bron and Wade to do all the work with penetration and kick outs.

That's why I said "style of play".

Rivera
08-22-2012, 08:55 PM
Bobcats
Magic
Kings
Suns
Rockets

SportsFanatic10
08-22-2012, 09:01 PM

Not all that fun to see Lewis, Allen, Miller and Battier sipping a latte and reading the paper while camping out behind the 3 pt line and waiting for Bron and Wade to do all the work with penetration and kick outs.

lol you're ridiculous. wade and lebron on the fast break is amazing to see. plus lebron and wade each make about 2 crazy highlight reel plays a game. if not the most exciting team they are definately top 5.

1 Heat
2 Lakers
3 Clippers
4 OKC
5 T'wolves/Nuggets

StarvingKnick22
08-22-2012, 09:02 PM
Lakers, Knicks, Thunder, I want to see how Nets do, Nuggets.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-22-2012, 09:05 PM

Stop describing Kobe.

EDUTEXANS
08-22-2012, 09:07 PM
Heat - The champions, LeBron, Wade, Allen...
Lakers - Howard and Nash
Nets - New home, new start
OKC - Always exciting to see Durant, Westbrook and Harden
Minny - Rubio, Love and Kirilenko back to the league

But, of course, i'm more excited to see the Rockets this season, they probably won't make the playoffs, but I'm sure they will stay competitive and we have an entire new team. Motiejunas, Asik, Jones, White, Delfino, Lamb, Douglas and Lin weren't rockets last season, so it should be fun to see this team grow together.

SteBO
08-22-2012, 09:08 PM
leave it to a laker fan to exclude the obvious miami heat as a top 5 exciting team. Dont let your bias/pride control your posts on an online sports forum.

lol you're ridiculous. wade and lebron on the fast break is amazing to see. plus lebron and wade each make about 2 crazy highlight reel plays a game. if not the most exciting team they are definately top 5.

1 Heat
2 Lakers
3 Clippers
4 OKC
5 T'wolves/Nuggets
Exciting most times doesn't translate to championships, so I honestly couldn't give two ****s about whether or not other fan bases think we're exciting or not. I get what KB-PAU-DH2012 is saying with this thread.

In terms of style of play no matter the match ups in no particular order sans Miami.

1) Clippers
2) OKC
3) T-Wolves
4) Nuggets
5) Lakers (Mike Brown could ruin it though)

Raidaz4Life
08-22-2012, 09:08 PM
Lakers
Heat
Clippers
Thunder
Nuggets

Mr. LA
08-22-2012, 09:09 PM

heat are boring actually

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-22-2012, 09:12 PM
Exciting most times doesn't translate to championships, so I honestly couldn't give two ****s about whether or not other fan bases think we're exciting or not. I get what KB-PAU-DH12 is saying with this thread.

In terms of style of play no matter the match ups in no particular order sans Miami.

1) Clippers
2) OKC
3) T-Wolves
4) Nuggets
5) Lakers (Mike Brown could ruin it though)

Thank goodness you comprehended what this thread was about.

Heat are obviously the best team in the league as they are the defending champs. But that's not what this thread is about.

Hoopsadvocate
08-22-2012, 09:12 PM

Wow is this guy serious?

The HEAT had more highlight plays in the past two seasons than most teams have had in a decade. They sold out arenas all over for a reason not just lebron.

So wade and bosh have no highlight plays? Yet kobe u cant wait to see kobe in action? Lol yea bias much.

3 pointers are also often highlights and we have more of that than any of the teams u mentioned.

Plus our "style of play" is uptempo but apparently you have never watched a HEAT game and seen Mario,norris, wade, or bron steal the ball and start a fast break. Or Joel, wade, or bron block a shot keep it inbound and lead to a fast break.

I can gladly admit id like to see the lakers but u lose all respect for ur clear hate and bias.

SugeKnight
08-22-2012, 09:13 PM
Heat - Obviously
Lakers - Nash to Dwight and Kobe shooting game winners still!
Clippers - Lob City
Thunder - Westbrook being a monster and KD being KD
Warriors - Best shooters finally with an inside presence

3 teams from the pacific

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-22-2012, 09:16 PM
Wow is this guy serious?

The HEAT had more highlight plays in the past two seasons than most teams have had in a decade. They sold out arenas all over for a reason not just lebron.

So wade and bosh have no highlight plays? Yet kobe u cant wait to see kobe in action? Lol yea bias much.

3 pointers are also often highlights and we have more of that than any of the teams u mentioned.

Plus our "style of play" is uptempo but apparently you have never watched a HEAT game and seen Mario,norris, wade, or bron steal the ball and start a fast break. Or Joel, wade, or bron block a shot keep it inbound and lead to a fast break.

I can gladly admit id like to see the lakers but u lose all respect for ur clear hate and bias.

Honestly, I feel that only LeBron is the exciting one in Miami. Wade is not exciting for me at all. He falls down on like every play, is so high injury risk.

Difference in opinion, that's fine.

Mr. LA
08-22-2012, 09:16 PM
lakers...not even close
More so Metta WorldPeace and Dwight Howard

SteBO
08-22-2012, 09:18 PM
Wow is this guy serious?

It is uptempo but we do get bogged down on offense a lot. But you're missing the point still. Just look at the responses in this thread and you'll see similarities..

1) T-Wolves (Roy is back in the NBA, Rubio will be back, and people want to see if they can finally break through and make the playoffs)

2) Denver (Aquired Andre Iguodala, who clearly fits the uptempo style of play George Karl likes and after seeing the core group stay together after pushing the Lakers to 7 games last year, they should get better and more exciting)

3) Clippers (CP3, Blake Griffin, DeAndre Jordan...need I say more)

4) OKC (self explanatory)

Some of you guys throw around the word "bias" and "hate" around too loosely.

AndyfromNeptune
08-22-2012, 09:22 PM
1. Los Angleles Lakers (It's not even a debate)
2. New York Knicks (JR Smith, Carmelo Anthony, Stoudemire, Chandler, and Shumpert)
3. Brooklyn Nets (Revamped roster and opening stadium)
4. Denver Nuggets (The team with the most depth in the league--they need to put it all together however)
5. New Orleans Hornets

kswissdaf
08-22-2012, 09:23 PM
Lmao the OP's list, i just cant right now

AndyfromNeptune
08-22-2012, 09:23 PM
The Heat aren't really that exciting in my opinion other than their two highlight reel dunks per game from Lebron or Wade.

Also, I hate the way the Clippers play. Chris Paul flops too much and Blake Griffin is not a skilled player as much as he just is a leaper.

Hardaway Here
08-22-2012, 09:25 PM
The commentating I believe also adds a factor into this discussion can't tell you don't like when that deep ball is made and you here is BANG! Another three! Of course if it's on your team it might hurt a bit lol

Heat are an obvious choice I will exclude them and rank another 5 teams I can't wait to see play this season

1.Clippers
2.Hornets (I can't be only one ready to see what those rooks do over there)
3.Lakers
4.76ers
5.OKC

PhlyHighPhilly
08-22-2012, 09:26 PM
Need Moar Nuggets Love

_KB24_
08-22-2012, 09:27 PM
Lol there is no way the Wolves are more exciting team to watch than the Heat.

I got something along the lines of Nuggets, Lakers, Warriors, OKC and the Clippers.

JesusWears24
08-22-2012, 09:27 PM

1 Heat
2 Lakers
3 Clippers
4 OKC
5 T'wolves/Nuggets

The Heat exciting? Lebron and wade getting fouls without being touched, and thats what you consider exciting? Lebron and Wade do the SAME dunk every time. We have seen it all, by no means ami saying they are not good but they arent exciting unless you like seeing flopping and insane foul calls

meloman1592
08-22-2012, 09:29 PM
Clippers
Lakers
Nuggets
Knicks
Heat

bucketss
08-22-2012, 09:30 PM
The Heat exciting? Lebron and wade getting fouls without being touched, and thats what you consider exciting? Lebron and Wade do the SAME dunk every time. We have seen it all, by no means ami saying they are not good but they arent exciting unless you like seeing flopping and insane foul calls

describing the lakers three peat or the miami heat?

SteBO
08-22-2012, 09:31 PM
Let's not turn this into a Lakers vs. Heat thread guys.....

SportsFanatic10
08-22-2012, 09:31 PM

cool story bro

Hardaway Here
08-22-2012, 09:33 PM
Let's not turn this into a Lakers vs. Heat thread guys.....

That's what every thread where both teams are mentioned is going to be like this season until its over

--23--
08-22-2012, 09:33 PM
For me it's...

OKC
Clippers
Lakers
Spurs
T-Wolves

flatbush knicks
08-22-2012, 09:37 PM
heat
clippers
lakers
nuggets
knicks

Knick_Fever
08-22-2012, 09:38 PM

1. L.A. Lakers (Nash running the show + the clown Howard, seeing the Kobe-Nash connection and Kobe-Dwight connection)

4. L.A. Clippers (CP3 throwing lobs to Blake for the 2nd straight yr, LO aka Mr. Kardashian joins the team, deep and talented team)

What are yours?

I dont understand why you left the Heat out of that top 5 list and at the same time include the Hornets. Not to disagree, just doesnt make sense to me.

But my list is:

1. Lakers
2. Heat
3. Knicks
4. Timberwolves
5. Clippers

Im also anxious to see what the Sixers, Wizards, Bucks, Mavs, and Pacers have in store.

LaLa_Land
08-22-2012, 09:57 PM
in order for me:

1) Hornets - I seriously think Davis will be 1st team all defense at the PF spot. I think he'll average somewhere in the neighborhood of 12 ppg, 12 reb, 2-4 blocks. With rivers, gordon, and aminu, I really think that they have the makings to be a very poor man's version of the thunder (building with youth and just letting them play together).

2) Lakers - no explanation needed

3) Thunder - ''

4) Heat - ''

5) T-Wolves - 11 out of 15 players are white...and the team will be good...enough said

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-22-2012, 10:03 PM
cool story bro

When it's a true story, it usually resounds a "cool story bro" reply.

Well, there's only one way to truly reply to your reply...

You're Welcome.

SportsFanatic10
08-22-2012, 10:06 PM
When it's a true story, it usually resounds a "cool story bro" reply.

Well, there's only one way to truly reply to your reply...

You're Welcome.

cool story bro

JNoel
08-22-2012, 10:07 PM

1 Heat
2 Lakers
3 Clippers
4 OKC
5 T'wolves/Nuggets

This.

HowBoutDemBulls
08-22-2012, 10:14 PM
Lakers
T-Wolves
Hornets
Rockets
Warriors

JNoel
08-22-2012, 10:17 PM
I'm glad everyone on this forum loves the Heat...

C_Mund
08-22-2012, 10:25 PM
Wow is this guy serious?

Why is it any of your business what other fans find exciting? I don't really like the Heat so regardless of my thinking they're the best team in the league I still don't get excited to watch them. Besides, seeing Lebron do the same tomahawk dunk on almost every single break-away ever makes them seem more pedestrian.
I mean, during the Spurs run they were considered the most boring team out there, but you still had Parker and Ginobili running circles around people. This is a question of perception

nycericanguy
08-22-2012, 10:28 PM
Basically to me this means, "teams I will tune in to watch whenever they're on, even if I'm not a fan of that team"

DEN
LAL
MIN
BK - really curious to see how that team does
HOU

(i don't find MIA or OKC particularly "exciting")

Captain Moroni
08-22-2012, 10:50 PM
Exciting as in offense?
1. Nets with Deron, Johnson, Lopez should be fun to watch, not a lot of defense but the offense should be fun to watch.
2. Thunder should once again be fun to run.
3. Heat with new additions should be sick.
4. Lakers will score a lot
5. Celtics with terry will score

Dade County
08-23-2012, 12:00 AM
HEAT
Thunder
Clippers
Lakers (Nash & Howard)
Denver/Knicks

Dade County
08-23-2012, 12:15 AM
For me it's...

OKC
Clippers
Lakers
Spurs
T-Wolves

I understand... you dislike everyone on the east.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-23-2012, 12:36 AM
There is a big difference between teams with many "highlight plays" than with an exciting style of (offensive) play. For every Lebron/Wade thrills there are are ten iso positions that wind up in jumpshots or foul calls away from the basket.

For this reason, I thought the Spurs last season were much more exciting to watch (offensively) than the Heat.

--23--
08-23-2012, 12:43 AM
For me it's...

OKC
Clippers
Lakers
Spurs
T-Wolves
I understand... you dislike everyone on the east.

lol i didn't look at it like that. Come to think about it the West usually do have more exciting teams than the East.

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 12:43 AM
How are the wolves fun to watch, im not really into watching Brandon Roys sob story return or AK47 looking like chucky the doll..

TheSource
08-23-2012, 12:44 AM
Lakers
OKC
Heat
Celtics
Clippers

Vinny642
08-23-2012, 12:46 AM
Hornets bro!

97NYer
08-23-2012, 01:04 AM
Knicks
Heat
Lakers
Thunder
Wolves (Rubio)

DreamShaker
08-23-2012, 02:27 AM
We know who the best teams are, but this is who I am most excited to see, ill avoid my Rockets homer pick:

1. Minnesota- They just peak my interest. Another year of Love, Rubio, and Pek. Watching AK and Roy make comebacks, and seeing what Derrick Williams is going to do.

2. New Orleans- The Brow! I am also curious to see what Eric Gordon does as a first option, and how Rivers does in the NBA.

3. Cavs- Just because of Kyrie Irving. Also curious to see how TT and Waiters do. If they bust, will Cleveland get ditched again??

4. Brooklyn Nets- I really want to see that crowd. New York fans always bring it, will the Nets give them something to cheer for?

5. Utah Jazz- Could be a sleeper team. Loaded with young talent.

TmacBryant
08-23-2012, 02:39 AM

What are yours?

1. Lakers (no need to explain)
2/3. Miami/Thunder (always exciting)
4. Philly (Bynum running with some young guns will be fun)
5. New York - Idk I always enjoy the knicks for some reason, I really want to see Amare using Hakeem's moves :)

I hate clippers flopfest.

b@llhog24
08-24-2012, 05:04 PM
San Antonio
Lob City
Griz
Warriors
Denver

todu82
08-24-2012, 05:17 PM
1) Lakers
2) Thunder
3) Heat
4) Spurs
5) 76ers

King41
08-24-2012, 05:25 PM
mavs?
yes the mavs

Lakers + Giants
08-24-2012, 06:02 PM
Lakers
Heat
Clippers
OKC
Denver

2-ONE-5
08-24-2012, 06:12 PM
1. Thunder
2. Heat
3. Lakers
4. Clippers
5. Nuggets

honorable mention to Warriors, Wolves, Sixers

EDUTEXANS
08-24-2012, 06:29 PM
How are the wolves fun to watch, im not really into watching Brandon Roys sob story return or AK47 looking like chucky the doll..

What about the Love and Rubio duo?

GoPacers33
08-24-2012, 06:40 PM
Pacers with Green and George
OKC
Lakers
Clippers
Heat

TWolves

Gritz
08-24-2012, 07:05 PM
Lakers
Heat
Hornets
Nets
Clippers/OKC

Gritz
08-24-2012, 07:06 PM

lmbo

Sactown
08-24-2012, 07:31 PM
Kings
Warriors
Hornets
Suns
Wolves

Reason? Who's lottery, who's playoffs.. which team improves the most