PDA

View Full Version : Mark Cuban: Mavs Better Off Without Deron Williams

Losoway
08-22-2012, 05:16 PM
this guy needs a muzzle

via - http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/08/21/12/Cuban-Mavs-better-off-without-Deron-Will/landing_mavericks.html?blockID=778695&feedID=3742

The Mavericks owner said Tuesday that the team is actually better off with Williams not on the roster. ”In hindsight, I don’t know if I would have been happy,” Cuban, a guest on the Ben and Skin Show on 103.3 [KESN-FM], said of the possibility of inking Williams to a long-term, maximum contract. “I think we’re in better position now then we would’ve been if we’d gotten him.” Wait. What? ”I don’t want to pick on Deron Williams because he’s a great, great, great, great player, so it’s not necessarily him per se,” Cuban said. “Obviously the decision was to go for him. But the conversation was, ‘OK, once you take $17.1 million in salary to what we have with Dirk and [Shawn Marion], then what do you do?’ That’s your squad. And it’s not just your squad for this year, it’s your squad for next year, other than the $3.3 million mini mid-level [exception]. ”So, that was a challenge that we had because we want to win. Everybody talks about Dirk’s window, but not only would it have been difficult to add players, it also would have been difficult to trade players. In reality, that was the same problem that Deron had. Because he looked and saw the same thing and said, ‘Now what are you going to do?’” In regards to not attending the final face-to-face July meeting with Williams, Cuban said: “Obviously, I had a conflict, but I was texting him. I was texting him. We were going back and forth quite a bit.”

discuss

Hawkeye15
08-22-2012, 05:28 PM
No Mark, you are not. He is obviously playing the money angle, but long term thinking when your superstar is graying before your eyes is not the right way to think, especially when you have now been spurned by more than one superstar.

waveycrockett
08-22-2012, 05:31 PM
he's butt hurt obviously but if the 1% chance D12 leaves LA for Dallas it will be a good move

netsgiantsyanks
08-22-2012, 05:33 PM
imagine if dallas did get him.

Ill21
08-22-2012, 05:34 PM
This guy is out of his mind.

Big Zo
08-22-2012, 05:34 PM
Why is there suddenly 50 threads on Mark Cuban? Guy has always been an assclown, and always says stupid things.

SportsAndrew25
08-22-2012, 05:35 PM
I would not be surprised if Dallas misses the playoffs this year. That team is not getting any younger.

Lakeshow24KB
08-22-2012, 05:35 PM
Biggest dumb *** in sports :facepalm:

JerseysFinest
08-22-2012, 05:36 PM
imagine if dallas did get him.

That's exactly what I was thinking.

If he went to Dallas, he'd be talking left and right about how the Mavericks would win the championship this upcoming season.

netsgiantsyanks
08-22-2012, 05:39 PM
seriously. deron williams>mayo, collison, and kaman. i'm not implying that these guys are bad, but cuban just sounds like an idiot.

smith&wesson
08-22-2012, 05:46 PM
"he’s a great, great, great, great player, so it’s not necessarily him per se,” Cuban said. “Obviously the decision was to go for him. But the conversation was, ‘OK, once you take $17.1 million in salary to what we have with Dirk and [Shawn Marion], then what do you do?’ That’s your squad. And it’s not just your squad for this year, it’s your squad for next year, other than the $3.3 million mini mid-level [exception]. ”So, that was a challenge that we had because we want to win."

i dont find anything wrong with what he is saying. infact he says deron saw it the same way as well and even questioned him on it.

"he looked and saw the same thing and said, ‘Now what are you going to do?’”

if anything that is refreshing honesty

smith&wesson
08-22-2012, 05:49 PM

he is a self made billionare. dumb *** and mark cuban dont fit in the same sentence. provocative maybe, but stupid ? i dont think so.

he is one of the best owners.

WickedBadMan
08-22-2012, 05:53 PM
I guess he'd rather have every Super Star piss all over his team then? I guess he is building in an excuse for the dark ages coming when Dirk is gone.

smith&wesson
08-22-2012, 05:56 PM
No Mark, you are not. He is obviously playing the money angle, but long term thinking when your superstar is graying before your eyes is not the right way to think, especially when you have now been spurned by more than one superstar.

he is saying after committing most of the cap space on 3 players he wondered how the team would improve with a mini mid level remaining and that deron questioned the same... if anything maybe he is being a little realistic about things. . .

maybe coach said i rather have combination of players like kaman,collison, mayo, etc.. then to commit all that money to one player in williams and then not have much more depth.

my guess is dallas recently won a a ship i dont think cuban is as hungry to win right now. imo the mavs will ride dirk in to the susnset and then rebuild.

EDUTEXANS
08-22-2012, 05:56 PM
I hate Mark Cuban

smith&wesson
08-22-2012, 06:03 PM
I guess he'd rather have every Super Star piss all over his team then? I guess he is building in an excuse for the dark ages coming when Dirk is gone.

he is a perrenial all star but d.will is no super star.

mj was a super star, magic, lebron, kobe, shaq etc..

waveycrockett
08-22-2012, 06:07 PM
he is a perrenial all star but d.will is no super star.

mj was a super star, magic, lebron, kobe, shaq etc..

He's won 2 olympic Golds hard to find too many players do that that aren't superstars.

D-Leethal
08-22-2012, 06:13 PM
Horrible excuse by Cuban. Always ways to add talent, it gets more difficult when your capped out but you still have picks, trades vet mins, MMLE etc..

Knicks theoretically were capped out and with nothing but the 3 MMLE and no draft pick and added Felton, Kurt Thomas, Jason Kidd, Marcus Camby, Ronnie Brewer, Pablo Prignoni.

Add those guys to DWill, Dirk, Marion, and whoever would have resigned like Delonte West and co. and you will compete for a chip. Always ways to add more talent, it gets tougher and you have to get creative but thats a lame *** attempt to save fact once you struck out on the guy you didn't resign Tyson and Terry, two major pieces on a champion for.

You went all in for 2 years to save money for this dude but now your happy hes not here?

LOL, k.

Gritz
08-22-2012, 06:17 PM
I hate Mark Cuban

You don't even know him

oak2455
08-22-2012, 06:17 PM
He's won 2 olympic Golds hard to find too many players do that that aren't superstars.

Chandler a superstar too??

waveycrockett
08-22-2012, 06:19 PM
Chandler a superstar too??

http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/2008MSNTRoster.html

Check to see if the made the cut.

oak2455
08-22-2012, 06:23 PM
http://www.usabasketball.com/mens/national/2008MSNTRoster.html

Check to see if the made the cut.

English please ? Btw no one says to stop team USA , we need to stop DWill .... Lmao:clap:

juggla53
08-22-2012, 06:31 PM

Over zelous? maybe. too emotional? maybe. Dumbass? Not at all, mark cuban is smarter then anyone in here could wish to be in 1000 life times

This isnt jim buss or hank steinbrenner (not to say they are not smart) but this guy made his own money and you dont become a billionare by being a dumbass.

However i do agree his statement on this one was pretty ridiculous

IIISSKiLL
08-22-2012, 06:41 PM

I like Deron Will but would he have won his second gold if Rose, Wade, Bosh, and D.Howard didn't sit this one out ? I mean would he even have made the team ?

smith&wesson
08-22-2012, 06:43 PM

personally i wouldnt even call him a top 10 player. .

to me a superstar stands out amongst the elite.. the best of the best is how i would put it. d.will isnt even the best at his own position.

i think he is sick, i just dont consider him a superstar thats all.

IIISSKiLL
08-22-2012, 06:47 PM

he's been in the league for 7 years and has made 3 all star games, and the closest he's been to mvp was 9th place ONE year.. Superstar is a bit much but i do respect his game he is one of the best nba point guards in the game right now behind paul, rondo, and rose

Chronz
08-22-2012, 06:48 PM
Makes perfect sense to me, dont know what is so bad about it. Hes talking about competing in the near future. Deron definitely sets them up after the Dirk years tho, and he knows that.

smith&wesson
08-22-2012, 06:53 PM
Makes perfect sense to me, dont know what is so bad about it. Hes talking about competing in the near future. Deron definitely sets them up after the Dirk years tho, and he knows that.

I dont see anything wrong with what cuban is saying here either.

He admits that getting derron was the plan. he also admits that d.will is a great great player. but i think the fact that derron questioned the next move shows that maybe he wasnt willing to go there and i thnk thats pretty cool of cuban to admit as well.. its not like he's coming out and saying oh ya he sucks were better off with out him lol

BigCityofDreams
08-22-2012, 06:59 PM
personally i wouldnt even call him a top 10 player. .

to me a superstar stands out amongst the elite.. the best of the best is how i would put it. d.will isnt even the best at his own position.

i think he is sick, i just dont consider him a superstar thats all.

Cam you name 10 other players better than him?

Losoway
08-22-2012, 07:05 PM
Deron williams would have improved the mavs roster instantly by just adding himself

mark cuban is really burning alot of bridges . he talks too much

Losoway
08-22-2012, 07:06 PM
deron williams is clearly a top 10 player

BKLYNpigeon
08-22-2012, 07:07 PM
Cuban is a GREAT Owner, with what he did with Dallas. 20 years 1 championship. many owners have tried and failed with bad teams.

Cuban is just pissed because LAL got D12 and he couldnt do anything about it like with CP3.

THE MTL
08-22-2012, 07:08 PM
Great teams find a way to get better. U are not locked in by any means. Once u pay the luxury tax, then u get the mini exception and also rookies as well as vet min players. U are still able to make trades too, its just that salary must match a little closer and u cannot do S&Ts. It is very possible to overcome being a tax payer. Ask the lakers and celtics!

IIISSKiLL
08-22-2012, 07:10 PM

I agree but a superstar he is not.. Mark Cuban failed this season to pull the pat riley move but it's only because these guys aren't willing to take less

Losoway
08-22-2012, 07:14 PM
I agree but a superstar he is not.. Mark Cuban failed this season to pull the pat riley move but it's only because these guys aren't willing to take less

:facepalm::facepalm: if you agree he is a top 10 player then he is a superstar

Ebbs
08-22-2012, 07:15 PM
Did people even read the article he is 100% right.

Would he still rather have Deron obviously. But it's not hard to see we could have/would have been handcuffed by the signing.

Deron - Dirk - Marion was getting by LA this year for even a chance at Miami

valade16
08-22-2012, 07:23 PM
It's funny when people trash on Cuban.

A self made billionaire who bought the Mavericks a team that had 6 playoff appearances and 2 50+ win seasons in their history before he got there...

Since he got there they have never been out of the playoffs. This last season was his first as an owner where he didn't own a 50+ win team.

He has 656 wins in the 12 yeas he's owned the team. The team had 644 wins in the 20 years before him...

But yeah, he's an idiot :rolleyes:

asmarks18
08-22-2012, 07:24 PM
In Cuban I trust.

Sixerlover
08-22-2012, 07:28 PM

That makes no sense.

There doesn't have to be 10 superstars.

Losoway
08-22-2012, 07:29 PM
Did people even read the article he is 100% right.

Would he still rather have Deron obviously. But it's not hard to see we could have/would have been handcuffed by the signing.

Deron - Dirk - Marion was getting by LA this year for even a chance at Miami

he gutted a championship team in hopes of signing deron

cuban isnt fooling anyone but dallas fans with this

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2012, 07:34 PM

.Bron
.Durant
Dwight
Paul
.(healthy)Rose
Westbrook
Paul
Love
Dirk
Kobe all say no to that also after last year what justification does he have for top 10.

juggla53
08-22-2012, 07:35 PM
Deron williams would have improved the mavs roster instantly by just adding himself

mark cuban is really burning alot of bridges . he talks too much

seeing as how d-will is locked up with the nets for the next five years what bridges did he burn? i dont agree with what he said but he definatley did not burn any bridges

imagesrdecievin
08-22-2012, 07:40 PM
Nothing wrong with what he said. His job is to get the franchise to move forward. What do people want him to do or say? There wasn't anything derogatory against Deron here. It's spin and it's expected.

Losoway
08-22-2012, 07:45 PM
seeing as how d-will is locked up with the nets for the next five years what bridges did he burn? i dont agree with what he said but he definatley did not burn any bridges

scaring other players away from coming to dallas

Losoway
08-22-2012, 07:45 PM
.Bron
.Durant
Dwight
Paul
.(healthy)Rose
Westbrook
Paul
Love
Dirk
Kobe all say no to that also after last year what justification does he have for top 10.

WESTBROOK . LOVE...DIRK.... IS NOT BETTER THEN DWIL.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2012, 07:49 PM
WESTBROOK . LOVE...DIRK.... IS NOT BETTER THEN DWIL.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

Yes I get to fix someones grammar :dance: I believe you mean are not better. Yeah Dwill sure showed them with his 40 percent shooting last year. Westbrook is the better player, Love is defintely the better player, and I believe in Dirk but I can find another couple better then williams if you want good sir :)

THE MTL
08-22-2012, 07:50 PM
Btw, Mark Cuban mad because he was fully willing to paid Deron and then swing a trade for dwight howard last month. #hihater

Losoway
08-22-2012, 07:51 PM
im not debating with inferior psd users anymore

Dwill is top 10 thats a given

Losoway
08-22-2012, 07:51 PM
Btw, Mark Cuban mad because he was fully willing to paid Deron and then swing a trade for dwight howard last month. #hihater

exactly

The goods
08-22-2012, 07:56 PM
he is saying after committing most of the cap space on 3 players he wondered how the team would improve with a mini mid level remaining and that deron questioned the same... if anything maybe he is being a little realistic about things. . .

maybe coach said i rather have combination of players like kaman,collison, mayo, etc.. then to commit all that money to one player in williams and then not have much more depth.

my guess is dallas recently won a a ship i dont think cuban is as hungry to win right now. imo the mavs will ride dirk in to the susnset and then rebuild.

If thats the case will he go after Howard?

IndiansFan337
08-22-2012, 07:59 PM
this guy needs a muzzle

via - http://www.foxsportssouthwest.com/08/21/12/Cuban-Mavs-better-off-without-Deron-Will/landing_mavericks.html?blockID=778695&feedID=3742

The Mavericks owner said Tuesday that the team is actually better off with Williams not on the roster. ”In hindsight, I don’t know if I would have been happy,” Cuban, a guest on the Ben and Skin Show on 103.3 [KESN-FM], said of the possibility of inking Williams to a long-term, maximum contract. “I think we’re in better position now then we would’ve been if we’d gotten him.” Wait. What? ”I don’t want to pick on Deron Williams because he’s a great, great, great, great player, so it’s not necessarily him per se,” Cuban said. “Obviously the decision was to go for him. But the conversation was, ‘OK, once you take $17.1 million in salary to what we have with Dirk and [Shawn Marion], then what do you do?’ That’s your squad. And it’s not just your squad for this year, it’s your squad for next year, other than the $3.3 million mini mid-level [exception]. ”So, that was a challenge that we had because we want to win. Everybody talks about Dirk’s window, but not only would it have been difficult to add players, it also would have been difficult to trade players. In reality, that was the same problem that Deron had. Because he looked and saw the same thing and said, ‘Now what are you going to do?’” In regards to not attending the final face-to-face July meeting with Williams, Cuban said: “Obviously, I had a conflict, but I was texting him. I was texting him. We were going back and forth quite a bit.”

discuss

They have better future financial flexibility, but that's about the only department the Mavs are better in than if they would have signed Williams.

Signing Williams would have brought back Kidd, whereas they could have probably still added some solid F/A's around them. They wouldn't have been under the cap to sign Brand and likely wouldn't have been able to sign Mayo, but could have brought back D-West and signed some other vets.

netsgiantsyanks
08-22-2012, 08:01 PM
Yes I get to fix someones grammar :dance: I believe you mean are not better. Yeah Dwill sure showed them with his 40 percent shooting last year. Westbrook is the better player, Love is defintely the better player, and I believe in Dirk but I can find another couple better then williams if you want good sir :)

what did deron have last year offensively? oh, that's right, nothing. he had to take the offensive load and it obviously effected his shooting. and why are we comparing players that play different positions(besides westbrook)?

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2012, 08:04 PM
what did deron have last year offensively? oh, that's right, nothing. he had to take the offensive load and it obviously effected his shooting. and why are we comparing players that play different positions(besides westbrook)?

He said Deron is top 10. So I named 10 better and he disagreed. He has a case for top ten but I have him at 12. I understand he didn't have much to play with but since when is that an exucse. He is a great player and may be the better"PG" then most but Id rather have those 10 I named for next year.

Losoway
08-22-2012, 08:20 PM

my point exactly :facepalm::facepalm:

DoMeFavors
08-22-2012, 08:26 PM
It wasnt a bad plan he got his championship he was now aiming for life after Dirk, he thought being world championships would make his team attractive especially playing with Dirk. He didnt expect Chris Paul to be traded to Clippers, Dwight to be traded to Lakers and OPT IN, and Deron to resign with the Nets. He was saving cap space for all those guys this yr in free agency but 2 of the guys opted into their final year.

Rndy
08-22-2012, 08:40 PM
He said Deron is top 10. So I named 10 better and he disagreed. He has a case for top ten but I have him at 12. I understand he didn't have much to play with but since when is that an exucse. He is a great player and may be the better"PG" then most but Id rather have those 10 I named for next year.

Who wouldn't want two Chris Pauls! :cool:

smith&wesson
08-22-2012, 08:41 PM
If thats the case will he go after Howard?

im pretty sure alot of teams will try for howard. i would think if the lakers win a ship with howard that he would resign there but who knows with that guy any more.

Cam you name 10 other players better than him?

certainly..

undoubtedly better
lebron
durant
howard
c.paul
rose
love
wade

arguably better
bynum
melo
rondo
westbrook
gino
toni parker

Yes last season toni parker was better then d.will imo. after debating between these 13 players i have him at 11 which is still pretty good. all i was debating is that he isnt a super star.

DoMeFavors
08-22-2012, 08:55 PM
im pretty sure alot of teams will try for howard. i would think if the lakers win a ship with howard that he would resign there but who knows with that guy any more.

certainly..

undoubtedly better
lebron
durant
howard
c.paul
rose
love
wade

arguably better

bynum
melo
rondo
westbrook
gino
toni parker

Yes last season toni parker was better then d.will imo. after debating between these 13 players i have him at 11 which is still pretty good. all i was debating is that he isnt a super star.

How is Rondo better he can pass but so can Dwill and Deron can score a lot better.

EDUTEXANS
08-22-2012, 09:02 PM
You don't even know him

I'm poor, he is rich. That's enough for me.:p

juggla53
08-22-2012, 09:25 PM

certainly..

undoubtedly better
lebron
durant
howard
c.paul
rose
love
wade

arguably better
bynum
melo
rondo
westbrook
gino
toni parker

the lakers can offer dwight an extra year and almost 30 million in extra money if you think he is leaveing that on the table then your crazy

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2012, 09:29 PM
I see it this way.
Lebron,Durant,Howard,paul,Wade,rose,love,Kobe,Park er,Westbrook all are better. I want to see Melo bounce back before I put him ahead. But that currently leaves Deron anywhere from 11-13 depending on your view of Dirk and Bynum and even Melo.

IIISSKiLL
08-22-2012, 11:56 PM

In 7 NBA seasons Deron Williams has made 3 all star rosters(all bench) and came in 9th place for MVP rankings ONCE.. how is d will a superstar ? he's not even the 2nd best point in the league.. even d wade with a **** team took the heat to the playoffs for many years.. thats a superstar, kobe is a superstar, lebron, durant, rose, howard those are superstars

JasonJohnHorn
08-23-2012, 12:52 AM
I see what he is saying. And yes. signing D-Will would have been pointless without signing Dwight as well. Since Dwight wasn't a free agent as many thought he would be this offseason, signing D-Will would have been counter productive, because, between the caps spacd that he and Dirk took up, there wouldn't be much room to build around them and that roster would not have been good enough to compete.

The roster they have now is not good enough to compete, but financially it is better in the long term.

JerseyPalahniuk
08-23-2012, 01:38 AM

I wouldn't mind being called the that if I was a championship winning, 10 (or 11?) 50+ game season winner, billionaire.

Bigbadmoffo
08-23-2012, 02:07 AM

All you gotta do is play for team usa and you get a free gold medal lmao! Whhere you just kidding?

Bigbadmoffo
08-23-2012, 02:09 AM
Deron is an amazing point guard but he is no a superstar.

Bigbadmoffo
08-23-2012, 02:09 AM
Superstars carry teams.

dwilly4rilly
08-23-2012, 02:16 AM
What do you call taking a mediocre Jazz squad to the Western Conference Finals? Oh you're gonna say he had good players around him. What have those players done since they started playing with someone other than D Will. He made Boozer a better player than Rose ever did.

Iggz53
08-23-2012, 02:36 AM
:laugh: You don't wanna sign here? Well...fine! I never wanted you in the first place! Jerk!

seikou8
08-23-2012, 02:40 AM
In 7 NBA seasons Deron Williams has made 3 all star rosters(all bench) and came in 9th place for MVP rankings ONCE.. how is d will a superstar ? he's not even the 2nd best point in the league.. even d wade with a **** team took the heat to the playoffs for many years.. thats a superstar, kobe is a superstar, lebron, durant, rose, howard those are superstars

this people don't know the difference between star and superstar.

D Blue987
08-23-2012, 02:42 AM
He is a good owner but he acts like a panzy when he doesnt get his way. Thus the reason why most cant stand him.

waveycrockett
08-23-2012, 03:42 AM
Superstars carry teams.

He didn't carry Utah? Even Kobe and Wade played on Horrible teams they couldn't keep from being terrible.

Aust
08-23-2012, 04:30 AM
Yeah Mark, you keep thinking that :rolleyes:

Raph12
08-23-2012, 04:45 AM
Whatever helps him sleep at night...

Losoway
08-23-2012, 07:45 AM
deron williams carried utah year in and year out with a terrible surrounding cast ...HE MADE BOOZER LOOK LIKE A BEAST AND GOT HIM A OVERPAID CONTRACT WITH THE BULLS

dwill not a superstar ??? Pass the bath salt

LTBaByyy
08-23-2012, 11:38 AM
Why has Deron only made the All Star team 3 times and All NBA only once or twice

He is a special player but definitely not top 10 or a superstar

We would not have got past Lakers or Thunder with Dirk Deron and Marion

Deron as the #1 player doesn't have that much success,

Hawkeye15
08-23-2012, 11:45 AM

The problem with his statement is it's completely dependant on his future attempted acquisitions working out. If he continues to miss on high profile free agents, which will become more and more likely the more Dirk ages, he looks like an idiot here. Which is why no comment would have been wiser.

LTBaByyy
08-23-2012, 11:50 AM
I think D Will true value is $15 mil a year

I would have loved him on the team! But he is not a superstar or even top 10 player

If you look at his resume, he hasn't done much in the NBA

Has done more in the Olympics than NBA

I would rather have Rondo, CP3, Westbrook, Rose, Irving over him

LTBaByyy
08-23-2012, 12:00 PM
Yes D Will is a damnnnn good player and I would have been happy if he was on the team

But he is overrated if you are calling him Top 10 or a superstar

He has only been to 3 all star games and made All NBA once or twice, that's it. Never been to the finals or been MVP/FinalsMVP or been on the All star or any All NBA team at least 5 times

He has not been very successful as a #1 option in the NBA if you are calling him a Superstar/All Star

You could make the case Joe Johnson has had a better career than him

Both of them are #2 or #3 options if we are talking championship

Lebron, Durant, Howard, Kobe, CP3, Dirk, Wade are superstars

Stinkyoutsider
08-23-2012, 12:18 PM
I both agree and disagree with Cuban's thinking...

I agree if Cuban is strictly thinking about money and the room to improve the team going forward. If he signed DWill for the max, that would be his squad. 2 superstars and Marion along with fillers. DWill and Dirk would be a great combo but I'm not sure if they're winning a title with this one. But I question Cuban's ability to get deals done. You just see Lebron and Bosh taking less money to team up and Cuban can't ask the same thing as DWill?

I disagree with Cuban because he's acts like winning titles isn't his first priority? He should have had his people working on trade senarios to acquire space and handed DWill these senarios to show him that the Mavs are looking to win now. No creative people in the front office? And if I was Cuban, winning a title or 2 would make up for me being in the luxury tax.

smith&wesson
08-23-2012, 12:19 PM
How is Rondo better he can pass but so can Dwill and Deron can score a lot better.

notice how i put him in the arguably better column ?? depends on what you value in a pg. rondo's playoff performances speak for themselves. he still needs some range though. a case can be made for him but im not going to get in to it. i put 13 guys on the list and said i had williams at 11 maybe you gussed one of the guys that i think williams is better then ...

the lakers can offer dwight an extra year and almost 30 million in extra money if you think he is leaveing that on the table then your crazy

Im a laker fan buddy, i hope he resigns. alls i said was who knows with that guy. incase you been a sleap the last couple years howard is one confused basketball player.

I see it this way.
Lebron,Durant,Howard,paul,Wade,rose,love,Kobe,Park er,Westbrook all are better. I want to see Melo bounce back before I put him ahead. But that currently leaves Deron anywhere from 11-13 depending on your view of Dirk and Bynum and even Melo.

i have him at about the same spot at 11.

IIISSKiLL
08-23-2012, 12:41 PM

IIISSKiLL

IIISSKiLL
What do you call taking a mediocre Jazz squad to the Western Conference Finals? Oh you're gonna say he had good players around him. What have those players done since they started playing with someone other than D Will. He made Boozer a better player than Rose ever did.

if i'm not mistaken the warriors upset the number one seed in the league that year in the first round and the jazz faced the 8th seed in the 2nd round which got them to the WCF.. was billups a superstar because he was the mvp of the finals ? because he took that team to the ecf every year for 5 years ?

netsgiantsyanks
08-23-2012, 01:03 PM
The problem with his statement is it's completely dependant on his future attempted acquisitions working out. If he continues to miss on high profile free agents, which will become more and more likely the more Dirk ages, he looks like an idiot here. Which is why no comment would have been wiser.

ding ding ding.

ddhulett
08-23-2012, 01:06 PM
I don't fully agree but I can understand.

They would have over $50 Million rapped up in 3 players where is if you can build some good players for cheap and then get someone like a CP3, Bynum, Howard or even someone in a trade. When Marion is off the books soon you can now sign two big name players and have more depth with the cheaper guys.

His point is valid not as ridiculous as he sounds

Do you think the Brooklyn Nets have any hopes in winning a championship with DWill? I don't it's because the other teams around them are better and they have no flexibility.

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 01:13 PM
Why has Deron only made the All Star team 3 times and All NBA only once or twice

He is a special player but definitely not top 10 or a superstar

We would not have got past Lakers or Thunder with Dirk Deron and Marion

Deron as the #1 player doesn't have that much success,

You aint getting passed the 8th seed now

xxplayerxx23
08-23-2012, 01:16 PM
notice how i put him in the arguably better column ?? depends on what you value in a pg. rondo's playoff performances speak for themselves. he still needs some range though. a case can be made for him but im not going to get in to it. i put 13 guys on the list and said i had williams at 11 maybe you gussed one of the guys that i think williams is better then ...

Im a laker fan buddy, i hope he resigns. alls i said was who knows with that guy. incase you been a sleap the last couple years howard is one confused basketball player.

i have him at about the same spot at 11.

I can agree with that.

xxplayerxx23
08-23-2012, 01:17 PM
deron williams carried utah year in and year out with a terrible surrounding cast ...HE MADE BOOZER LOOK LIKE A BEAST AND GOT HIM A OVERPAID CONTRACT WITH THE BULLS

dwill not a superstar ??? Pass the bath salt

Deron has done nothing big in the NBA. I don't get why its ok for fans to rip Melo for not doing much and not having a great year last year but its ok for Williams. He is top 11-13 range, no needto go homer by saying he is top 10. Top 10-15 is stacked in the NBA>

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 01:21 PM
Deron has done nothing big in the NBA. I don't get why its ok for fans to rip Melo for not doing much and not having a great year last year but its ok for Williams. He is top 11-13 range, no needto go homer by saying he is top 10. Top 10-15 is stacked in the NBA>

He was very good in his Utah days, and especially good in the playoffs.

xxplayerxx23
08-23-2012, 01:40 PM
He was very good in his Utah days, and especially good in the playoffs.

But the Utah days are in the past. My point is Melo and him had the same competition, and had to go through tough Laker and Spur teams and both didn't do great. Why does one get a pass and the other get cristizied nonstop?

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 01:44 PM
But the Utah days are in the past. My point is Melo and him had the same competition, and had to go through tough Laker and Spur teams and both didn't do great. Why does one get a pass and the other get cristizied nonstop?

Deron has gotten further with less talent, Melo played with Martin,Billups,Nene, AI, Miller, JR Smith lots of talent...Deron had to create guys like CJ Miles, Mehmet Okur, Ronnie Brewer and help people like Boozer get to the next level.

Captain Moroni
08-23-2012, 02:00 PM
First Kidd, now deron.......Cuban needs to shutty.

xxplayerxx23
08-23-2012, 02:06 PM
Deron has gotten further with less talent, Melo played with Martin,Billups,Nene, AI, Miller, JR Smith lots of talent...Deron had to create guys like CJ Miles, Mehmet Okur, Ronnie Brewer and help people like Boozer get to the next level.

Further? Past the WCF? Please Boozer was very good, and played well in cleveland. You act like it was all scurbs. LA and the Spurs were the team in the west that nobody could beat/

nate2usmc
08-23-2012, 02:08 PM
I dont see anything wrong with what cuban is saying here either.

He admits that getting derron was the plan. he also admits that d.will is a great great player. but i think the fact that derron questioned the next move shows that maybe he wasnt willing to go there and i thnk thats pretty cool of cuban to admit as well.. its not like he's coming out and saying oh ya he sucks were better off with out him lol

This.

Once again, PSD turns into TMZ over the thread title lol.

futureman
08-23-2012, 02:34 PM
As a jazz fan, I would agree with cuban partially. He is not the team leader he needs to be if he wants to win a championship. He is so competitive that it can be a detriment to the rest of the team at times.

DoMeFavors
08-23-2012, 02:52 PM
Further? Past the WCF? Please Boozer was very good, and played well in cleveland. You act like it was all scurbs. LA and the Spurs were the team in the west that nobody could beat/

Deron's pick n roll with Boozer was VERY hard to stop, not even Rose could develop that with Boozer.

RealLiveBear
08-23-2012, 03:03 PM
Just because you managed to save face and sign a few productive players doesn't mean you're better then if you would have landed D Will, Sorry Mark.

keetyweedy
08-23-2012, 03:19 PM

Deron williams took a mediocre Jazz squad to the WCF? lol Last time i checked D-will avg 16 & 9 and boozer avg 21 & 11 that yr...sounds more like Boozer was the leader of that team...Hell even Mehmet okur avg more than D-will that yr with 17 ppg, along with Kirilenko, ronnie brewer, Derek fisher, Matt Harpring & paul milsap that was a good team, it can be argued that they had a better team than the spurs that yr ON PAPER, smh

but to the subject at hand, all Cuban said was we went for D-will and didnt succeed & he felt like we were better off without him long term, If we would have signed D-will we wouldnt have had enough cap to build a legitimate championship contender, because regardless what anyone says Dirk & D-will will not cut it, just because it worked for Miami doesnt necessarily mean it will work for anyone else. Miami has arguably the best player in the nba, along with the 2nd best Sg in the Nba, along with with a top 5 pf in the Nba, and on any given day those 3 by themselves can avg 90 ppg, just those three! nobody else! and with D-will coming to Dallas it would have been a championship or bust because once Dirk would have retired we would be lucky to win 30 games and D-will would leave quicker than he came, Its funny because people called cuban a dumb*** for letting nash walk, people called him dumb*** for trading Devin harris for Kidd (after making it to the finals with Harris) and after each decision we progressed....self explanitory

dwilly4rilly
08-23-2012, 05:23 PM
Thats funny you want to call them a good team now. That year nobody said they were a good team. D Will was the unmistakeable leader of that team. You point out that others scored more than him that year which only strengthens my argument. HE made them that good. What have any of them done since. We have all watched Kobe, D Wade, LeBron and countless others flounder on bad teams, yet they are still superstars.

Faneik
08-23-2012, 05:35 PM
im not debating with inferior psd users anymore

Dwill is top 10 thats a given

lolz

someone is full of himself

keetyweedy
08-23-2012, 08:02 PM
Thats funny you want to call them a good team now. That year nobody said they were a good team. D Will was the unmistakeable leader of that team. You point out that others scored more than him that year which only strengthens my argument. HE made them that good. What have any of them done since. We have all watched Kobe, D Wade, LeBron and countless others flounder on bad teams, yet they are still superstars.

what are you talking about that was a good team!:facepalm: you obviously dont watch basketball, Im not saying they where a flat out championship team but on paper that was top 3 or 4 team in the west, line them up against the spurs which where the champs that year and you will see Utah had more talent, Jerry sloan just got out-coached plain & simple & how does Boozer & Okur avg more than him strengthen your argument when Boozer avg 17 & okur avg 18 the yr before(D-will rookie season) both of those guys where good players at the time, boozer is still a solid 15 & 10 but has had injury issues same goes for okur I dont think he has played a total of 30 games in the past 2 seasons....know what your facts before you open your mouth

xxplayerxx23
08-23-2012, 08:04 PM
lolz

someone is full of himself

Its Ironic that he is a net homer and a fool :p

heyman321
08-23-2012, 08:17 PM
You're all idiots, Mark Cuban is one of the smartest owners in the league. He's simply putting it straight up how it is. They would be screwed in their ability to trade or pick up other free agents.

dwilly4rilly
08-23-2012, 08:55 PM
what are you talking about that was a good team!:facepalm: you obviously dont watch basketball, Im not saying they where a flat out championship team but on paper that was top 3 or 4 team in the west, line them up against the spurs which where the champs that year and you will see Utah had more talent, Jerry sloan just got out-coached plain & simple & how does Boozer & Okur avg more than him strengthen your argument when Boozer avg 17 & okur avg 18 the yr before(D-will rookie season) both of those guys where good players at the time, boozer is still a solid 15 & 10 but has had injury issues same goes for okur I dont think he has played a total of 30 games in the past 2 seasons....know what your facts before you open your mouth

Oh, I didn't know you were one of those people that knows everything.

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2007/week/0
I read everything printed/typed about my team. Did I think they would be good? Yes. Did the national media? No. Looks like the Spurs were 11 spots higher.

Losoway
08-23-2012, 09:05 PM
deron williams made boozer a allstar

Derrick rose cant even make boozer look like a decent starter

Point guards make Average players play better. Definition of D williams

keetyweedy
08-23-2012, 09:25 PM
Oh, I didn't know you were one of those people that knows everything.

http://espn.go.com/nba/powerrankings/_/year/2007/week/0
I read everything printed/typed about my team. Did I think they would be good? Yes. Did the national media? No. Looks like the Spurs were 11 spots higher.

so you pulled up a power ranking that bases there opinion solely on the previous season's success? I said they had a good team I could care less what they ranked them before the season even started, they ranked Dallas #1 before this yr started but did that mean they had us favorites to win the championship? HELL NO!!!!

But Like i said on paper the Utah Jazz had more talent than the San Antonio spurs & I would think with you being a jazz fan you would know that, but in case you forgot here is a reminder

Utah Jazz
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/UTA/2007.html

San Antonio Spurs
http://www.basketball-reference.com/teams/SAS/2007.html

dwilly4rilly
08-23-2012, 10:08 PM
so you pulled up a power ranking that bases there opinion solely on the previous season's success? I said they had a good team I could care less what they ranked them before the season even started, they ranked Dallas #1 before this yr started but did that mean they had us favorites to win the championship? HELL NO!!!!

But Like i said on paper the Utah Jazz had more talent than the San Antonio spurs & I would think with you being a jazz fan you would know that, but in case you forgot here is a reminder

Utah Jazz

San Antonio Spurs

Of course I thought they were better than the Spurs. That's because I caught glimpses of what Deron could do for the team in 05. My point is no one else, including so called “analists", thought they were going to do anything. Deron made it happen though. We'll see what he does now with a little help. Hopefully they get him a piece or two more.

keetyweedy
08-23-2012, 10:26 PM
Of course I thought they were better than the Spurs. That's because I caught glimpses of what Deron could do for the team in 05. My point is no one else, including so called “analists", thought they were going to do anything. Deron made it happen though. We'll see what he does now with a little help. Hopefully they get him a piece or two more.

all I said was they where a top 3 or 4 team in the west that season not what people projected them to be before the season started, I been a Mavericks fan Since Dirk's sophomore yr but I still give credit where its due and they had a good team, not sure why they just blew them up for, if they just made a little more adjustments they could have really went far

Vinylman
08-24-2012, 12:21 PM
You're all idiots, Mark Cuban is one of the smartest owners in the league. He's simply putting it straight up how it is. They would be screwed in their ability to trade or pick up other free agents.

don't necessarily disagree with you but you are missing something obvious that Cuban himself pointed out

1. Deron looked at the team and said... ok, if i sign what else are you gonna do? Nothing related to that will have changed NEXT offseason... both Marion and Dirk are still under contract.

2. The Mavs ability to trade picks for players is complicated by the fact that they have already traded a protected first that is ALWAYS considered deliverable to the other team (Houston) during the next draft. What does this mean? any trade they do with a first can't be any earlier than 3 drafts out... not to many teams looking for that...

so while cuban talks a good game he is basically in the same position next offseason that he is in this offseason...

Dallas's real problem which was also the Lakers until they got D12 is that they don't have that YOUNG anchor Top 10 player to attract other FA's. No Young Top 10 FA is gonna be signed via FA anymore due to the CBA restrictions on years and escalators... That was all over after Lebron and Bosh were S&T to Miami. The only way to get one now is via trade (CP3,D12,etc...).

juster1028
08-24-2012, 12:22 PM
Shut it cubone u moreon

Vinylman
08-24-2012, 12:23 PM
Shut it cubone u moreon

oh the irony :facepalm:

waveycrockett
08-24-2012, 12:34 PM

Utah Jazz

San Antonio Spurs

LMFAOOOOO NOTTT

PRIME TIM DUNCAN, MANU and T-PAIN ENOUGH SAID

Alayla
08-25-2012, 07:36 AM
I would not be surprised if Dallas misses the playoffs this year. That team is not getting any younger.

replaceing kidd with derren collison and terry with mayo isnt getting younger? nice to know

waveycrockett
08-25-2012, 08:40 AM
replaceing kidd with derren collison and terry with mayo isnt getting younger? nice to know

Darron Collison was AWFUL last year, lost his starting job and is at best a lateral move as far as replacing Jason Kidd goes. Mayo is a nice signing but he's overrated, couldn't beat out Tony Allen in the rotation in MEM and lets not act like Terry is some scrub.

KnicksR4Real
08-25-2012, 09:28 AM
Id say there better without Dirk

Losoway
08-25-2012, 10:50 AM
if they were better without d will they wouldnt have gutted a championship rostter for him

say what u want .... 3 months ago mav fans were praising dwill on here

justinnum1
08-25-2012, 10:53 AM
he's mad

keetyweedy
08-25-2012, 04:43 PM
LMFAOOOOO NOTTT

PRIME TIM DUNCAN, MANU and T-PAIN ENOUGH SAID

all you did was name the obvious 3 players, outside that 3 they had nobody else, on paper Utah had a better team its just Jerry sloan got out coached by one of the best coaches ever.....smh

Mave1002
08-25-2012, 09:45 PM
seriously. deron williams>mayo, collison, and kaman. i'm not implying that these guys are bad, but cuban just sounds like an idiot.

Actually, I think Collison|Mayo|Jones|Brand|Kaman was THEE best consolation.

But he doesnt seem like he's contented. Get over it man.

LTBaByyy
08-26-2012, 12:18 AM
Deron Williams did not make Boozer an All Star

Jerry Sloan (One of the greatest coaches ever made D Will and Boozer All Stars)

If D Will is such a superstar and make players better, why cant he make the Nets players decent enough to make playoffs in the freaking east

He is overrated. Only made 3 All Stars and 1 or 2 All NBA teams

That's not a superstar. He has had his worst years with Nets

Jerry Sloan made him good

LTBaByyy
08-26-2012, 12:21 AM
The same Nets fans that bring up D Will took his team to the WCF, bash Melo every chance they get when Carmelo has done the same thing and way more in the NBA than D Will

Yet they call D Will a superstar and bash Melo and call him overrated

Makes no sense

Sssmush
08-26-2012, 04:47 AM
uh, I think it's about time for Deron Williams to actually do something in the NBA. I'm tired of hearing about him, and never seeing anything on the court. No highligts, nothing.

to me, Deron is just a slightly pudgy player with some tattoos and a weird beard, that usually sits in a suit at Nets games, and that people always talk about

Sssmush
08-26-2012, 04:48 AM
if he's good fine just show me. Put some Nets games on TV next year, I expect to be wowed by Deron williams.

lookie8
08-26-2012, 10:49 AM
It's funny when people trash on Cuban.

A self made billionaire who bought the Mavericks a team that had 6 playoff appearances and 2 50+ win seasons in their history before he got there...

Since he got there they have never been out of the playoffs. This last season was his first as an owner where he didn't own a 50+ win team.

He has 656 wins in the 12 yeas he's owned the team. The team had 644 wins in the 20 years before him...

But yeah, he's an idiot :rolleyes:

He only seems like an idiot when he opens his mouth.

You know.......like Donald Trump

SouthSideRookie
08-26-2012, 11:49 AM
"I'd rather not win the lottery since I'll probably end up broke in the end anyways" LMAO.

lookie8
08-26-2012, 11:55 AM
The same Nets fans that bring up D Will took his team to the WCF, bash Melo every chance they get when Carmelo has done the same thing and way more in the NBA than D Will

Yet they call D Will a superstar and bash Melo and call him overrated

Makes no sense

That is exactly what Net fans should be doing.