PDA

View Full Version : So I think we're all over the idea of resiging Victorino

Derek Brink
08-22-2012, 01:23 AM
everyone else agree? He's been very, very mediocre and is soon to be 32 years old.

Save that money for a slugging outfielder or first basemen.

dodgerdave
08-22-2012, 01:39 AM
And about a week ago you were saying that he should be re-signed. :rolleyes:

LASportsFan1996
08-22-2012, 01:53 AM
Can't go from sign him to not in 1 series, let's see how the year finishes out, than I'll tell ya what we should do

DodgerB24
08-22-2012, 02:05 AM
I'm in favor of just giving Sands the job to be honest.

sneakerhead
08-22-2012, 04:00 AM
I'm in favor of just giving Sands the job to be honest.

I second this. Then spend more money on pitching or a slugger.

Jenceman
08-22-2012, 05:23 AM
Never wanted him int he first place. Give him back and give League back too. Give me lindblom and our prospects

ciaban
08-22-2012, 08:10 AM
everyone else agree? He's been very, very mediocre and is soon to be 32 years old.

Save that money for a slugging outfielder or first basemen.
what are their names again? the free agent class sucks this year.

Tymathee
08-22-2012, 10:04 AM
we sh ould let kemp go 2, he's been suck for about 2 weeks now

blue bleeder09
08-22-2012, 11:57 AM
Come on guys derek KNOWS all ...lol

blue bleeder09
08-22-2012, 11:58 AM
And about a week ago you were saying that he should be re-signed. :rolleyes:lmao

DodgerBlue8188
08-22-2012, 12:12 PM
Just imagine if we had given Manny 4 years like he had hoped for. We'd be in in his last year of his contract. I've never been in favor of Victorino for more than 3 years because of his age and even 3 might be pushing it. Victorino biggest asset IMO is his speed. Once you get up to 35 you drop in speed a lot compared to 31.

GREATNESS ONE
08-22-2012, 12:13 PM
Yea no need for Victorino, I'm sure management is preparing well for the off-season.

Derek Brink
08-22-2012, 12:15 PM
what are their names again? the free agent class sucks this year.

Mike Napoli, Andy Laroche, Josh Hamilton, Kendry Morales(if not tendered), BJ Upton, Michael Bourn, Nick Swisher, Lance Berkman, and on.

we sh ould let kemp go 2, he's been suck for about 2 weeks now

yeah Kemp and Victorino are so comparable. Victorino has one career year with an OPS over .800. Basically, unless he plays center, he's not even a league average player. Kemp is one of the 5 best players in baseball.

What's next comparing Joe Blanton to Kershaw?

Blue french
08-22-2012, 12:50 PM
I like your offensive, totally partial... and totally fair post. We can't compare Victorino to Kemp more than we could compare....Eithier to Ty Cobb !

But back to the thread, it's just a matter of money, and first of all as someone else said we must wait for the season to end to judge him. From now on, he is hitting .247 with a .299 obp as a Dodgers. Then if he continues like that, it's obvious that nobody with a brain will give him a lot of money. But so many GMs seem brainless, then ?

But I am optimistic, I think he will finish very well the year... And ask too much money to give then we will let him go... and regret Lindblom

d79cheese
08-22-2012, 12:53 PM
Mike Napoli, Andy Laroche, Josh Hamilton, Kendry Morales(if not tendered), BJ Upton, Michael Bourn, Nick Swisher, Lance Berkman,

did you mean Adam laroche? If so he has a 10 million team option that I'm assuming will be picked up at the end of the year.

But this FA agent crop is rather weak after the top 2 or 3 guys

handle
08-22-2012, 01:13 PM
Never liked that punk Victorino. I hated that we traded for him.

Tymathee
08-22-2012, 01:37 PM
yeah Kemp and Victorino are so comparable. Victorino has one career year with an OPS over .800. Basically, unless he plays center, he's not even a league average player. Kemp is one of the 5 best players in baseball.

What's next comparing Joe Blanton to Kershaw?

just saying that in baseball, saying whether a guy is resigning or not based on a stretch of at-bats is fool hardy.

I do think Kemp needs to sit down, should've been sat down that last game of the road trip, he needs to not think about baseball for a sec.

Derek Brink
08-22-2012, 02:09 PM
just saying that in baseball, saying whether a guy is resigning or not based on a stretch of at-bats is fool hardy.

I do think Kemp needs to sit down, should've been sat down that last game of the road trip, he needs to not think about baseball for a sec.

I'm not basing my opinion of Victorino on the last week. I'm basing it on the fact he's been bad the entire year and his going to be 32. His best days are clearly behind him.

At this point I'm not sure he could outhit either Sands or Castellanos.

mikekhelxD
08-22-2012, 04:27 PM
Lol and lol and lol. Oh btw, I remember that Puig is still there. Isn't the master plan is to sign someone short term until he is ready? Lmao.

JmrcusSUX
08-22-2012, 04:34 PM
I still think Victorino is just rented until the end of the season. They gave that Puig guy way too much $$ to sit in the minors...

ciaban
08-22-2012, 05:21 PM
Mike Napoli, Andy Laroche, Josh Hamilton, Kendry Morales(if not tendered), BJ Upton, Michael Bourn, Nick Swisher, Lance Berkman, and on.
in order,
1)Napoli: would have to be willing to be the primary 1st basemen, and he will be 31 and will demand top dollar(i don't think texas lets him go)
2)Adam Larchoe:will be 33, he is also having his best year in like 4 years, and his option will probably be picked up
3) Josh Hamilton:injury prone and will be looking for a big pay day.
4) Kendrys: give up on this he isn't going to be a free agent!
5) Upton: has been horribly inconstant his whole career, i think someone will over pay and i hope it's not us
6) Micheal Bourn: you said it your self, a speedy OF in his 30's looking for a big deal and coming off a career year is a bad idea.
7) Swish: is looking for a lot more money and years than he is worth
8) berkman: coming off a year where he has been hurt for like 95% of it. I wouldn't mind him if he was only looking for a year and was healthy.

I'm actually not against bringing victorino back on a 1 year deal as a stop gap for when puig or pederson is ready, he still plays great D and having another person capable of leading off would be nice if Dee struggles next year.

so any of these guys looking for multi-year deals like swish/bourn/bourn/hamilton/nap prevent us from c alling up castanaltos/sands/ppederson/puig

any OF looking for a long term contract is bad because it clogs up the position of strength we have in the minors,

did you mean Adam laroche? If so he has a 10 million team option that I'm assuming will be picked up at the end of the year.

But this FA agent crop is rather weak after the top 2 or 3 guys
this is exactly what i am saying, just let sands or someone else play the position,

Scully in 2012
08-22-2012, 05:45 PM
in order,
1)Napoli: would have to be willing to be the primary 1st basemen, and he will be 31 and will demand top dollar(i don't think texas lets him go)
2)Adam Larchoe:will be 33, he is also having his best year in like 4 years, and his option will probably be picked up
5) Upton: has been horribly inconstant his whole career, i think someone will over pay and i hope it's not us
6) Micheal Bourn: you said it your self, a speedy OF in his 30's looking for a big deal and coming off a career year is a bad idea.
8) berkman: coming off a year where he has been hurt for like 95% of it. I wouldn't mind him if he was only looking for a year and was healthy.

I'm actually not against bringing victorino back on a 1 year deal as a stop gap for when puig or pederson is ready, he still plays great D and having another person capable of leading off would be nice if Dee struggles next year.

so any of these guys looking for multi-year deals like swish/bourn/bourn/hamilton/nap prevent us from c alling up castanaltos/sands/ppederson/puig

any OF looking for a long term contract is bad because it clogs up the position of strength we have in the minors,

this is exactly what i am saying, just let sands or someone else play the position,

:clap::clap::clap:

fulltiltdodger
08-22-2012, 10:07 PM
in order,

sick analysis.. :cheers:

Derek Brink
08-22-2012, 11:04 PM
If we can't get any of the previously mentioned guys on short term contracts I'd rather just give Castellanos, Blake Smith or Sands a shot in the outfield. I doubt any of them hit worse than Victorino has this year.

Bleedinblue77
08-22-2012, 11:30 PM
Adrian Gonzalez placed on waivers.I wonder if dodgers would pull the trigger on him and what would it cost us?

fulltiltdodger
08-22-2012, 11:33 PM
If we can't get any of the previously mentioned guys on short term contracts I'd rather just give Castellanos, Blake Smith or Sands a shot in the outfield. I doubt any of them hit worse than Victorino has this year.

I honestly feel bad for Castellanos and Sands, they are hitting lights out in AAA, the ones they should be replacing in the majors are in the bottom league of any offensive statistic but yet they dont deserve a call up?

ciaban
08-23-2012, 12:08 AM
sick analysis.. :cheers:
I'm going to assume you were being serious because it would hurt my feelings too much to find out that your making fun of me!

castellanos is a corner infielder, and has a pretty good glove at that, i say let him have either 1st or 3rd and sands can play the OF

fulltiltdodger
08-23-2012, 12:11 AM
I'm going to assume you were being serious because it would hurt my feelings too much to find out that your making fun of me!

castellanos is a corner infielder, and has a pretty good glove at that, i say let him have either 1st or 3rd and sands can play the OF

Nah bro I agree with everything you said, I just wish it could actually happen like that but it seems like we do more bone head moves instead of the correct ones, so we will have to wait and see..

Derek Brink
08-23-2012, 12:29 AM

Castellanos has played 7 games at first base in 5 minor league seasons and all were four or five years ago. Sands has played way, way more first base(like 30 times as much)

Sands makes far more sense as a first basemen than Castellanos. Castellanos may make sense at third but from what I've heard he's not a good fielding third basemen. He'll likely end up at 2B or in the outfield.

showtym24
08-23-2012, 12:53 AM
I would offer him a 1 or 2 year deal.

Cimos21
08-23-2012, 08:22 PM
Isn't the idea to bring Puig up next year? Why would we resign someone when we already paying $5m per year to an outfielder in the minors that should be ready next year? I actually like Victorino, but he hasnt been playing well, and I don't think we have room for him next year. My only concern is that I also dont think we have room for Dee, and thus we don't have a leadoff hitter. Who is going to lead off next year? No EFFING idea....

ciaban
08-23-2012, 08:38 PM
Isn't the idea to bring Puig up next year? Why would we resign someone when we already paying $5m per year to an outfielder in the minors that should be ready next year? I actually like Victorino, but he hasnt been playing well, and I don't think we have room for him next year. My only concern is that I also dont think we have room for Dee, and thus we don't have a leadoff hitter. Who is going to lead off next year? No EFFING idea....

he might get a sept. call up,

a 1 year deal would be perfect, he plays great D and can lead off if need be, neither puig or pederson will be ready next year, so unless we want to give the job to jerry sands

why wouldn't we have room for Dee?

Derek Brink
08-24-2012, 01:03 AM
he might get a sept. call up,

a 1 year deal would be perfect, he plays great D and can lead off if need be, neither puig or pederson will be ready next year, so unless we want to give the job to jerry sands

why wouldn't we have room for Dee?

yeah I don't get that. I hope people aren't counting on Cruz keeping up this production because the chances of that are about 1%.

Personally I think Pederson is likely to be up before Puig. Too bad Silverio didn't have that horrific car accident because they could go in to spring with Silverio, Sands, Castellanos and Smith all battling for the left field job.

LAFord
08-24-2012, 09:17 AM
I like the idea of signing Vic.
Unfortunetely, he is not making that look like a good option now.
Fortunetely, we have a few months to make that decision with at least a month tryout.
Really not much need to discuss this yet as his performance this month will determine the outcome.

LAFord
08-24-2012, 09:19 AM

Puig just reached A ball last week. He wasn't expected to be there this quickly, but I really don't think the plan is to make him an LA Dodger next spring.

DodgerBlue8188
08-24-2012, 12:39 PM
Now that Puig is playing in better competition he's come back to earth a little. Still playing well. I don't see him getting called up this Sept. He's on the 40 man roster so he should be at major league camp next year I would think. What happens in spring training will dictate where he goes for opening day.

ciaban
08-25-2012, 03:29 AM
well with the addition of crawford this pretty much kills vic returning!

Scully in 2012
08-25-2012, 01:38 PM
Bye bye Vic...

LAFord
08-26-2012, 05:09 AM
Delete this thread now. LOL

fulltiltdodger
08-26-2012, 05:31 AM
Vic has been batting 245 with on base of 300 even if we didnt get crawford, i wouldn't want to re sign him...its looking worse and worse our prospects for blanton and victorino..damn you phillies!!!

LASportsFan1996
08-26-2012, 05:47 AM
Give Vic a little more time, he was doing fine, prior to last series, he doesnt have many abs, his stats fluctuate quick