PDA

View Full Version : Brandon jennings wants a contract extension

Losoway
08-21-2012, 04:04 AM
something other then Lakers/nets news

brandon jennings would like a extension with the bucks

"Bucks point guard Brandon Jennings is hoping to have a contract extension in his pocket by the time the regular season opens on Nov. 2 in Boston. “It would be something I’d love to get done with and over with so I don’t have to worry about it,” Jennings said of the contract extension. “But the main thing is just to come into training camp a better player, a better leader … just lead the team to the playoffs.” Bucks management and Jennings’ agent, Bill Duffy, have until Oct. 31 to reach a deal. Jennings knows there will be plenty of pressure to win this season, particularly with coach Scott Skiles and general manager John Hammond in the final year of contracts. And the Bucks are coming off a 31-35 finish during the lockout-shortened season, marking a second straight season missing the playoffs. “With the team we have and the potential we have, we have a chance to be a top six seed in the Eastern Conference. That’s something I’m going to go into training camp talking about with the guys. Instead of saying we hope we make the playoffs, we just need to start saying, ‘We’re going to do it and we need to do it now.’”

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/166699206.html

discuss

Steelers23_06
08-21-2012, 04:14 AM
at first i thought this was dumb. then i looked at it like they are building around him so why not? i think they need to get rid of monta but aside from that they put the perfectplayers around him. a lot of blue collar workers that can defend & set screens for him. i think monta was a bad decision but he is an expiring contract that could either be traded to get a key piece that could work better with him or let him walk and free up some money to get a player to sign with them that compliments him better. smart move.

rocket
08-21-2012, 04:21 AM
The Bucks are the team I'd least want to sign with.

Steelers23_06
08-21-2012, 04:27 AM

even more then the jazz, magic or raptors :speechless:

IndyHeatjman
08-21-2012, 04:37 AM

Lol, maybe "one of the last" teams I'd like to sign with, certainly not as bad of a situation as other NBA ball clubs. And Bucks need to send Ellis out...If Jennings gets an extension, he will need another Star to push them to the playoffs. Monta is just not that guy in the Bucks system...

Steelers23_06
08-21-2012, 04:40 AM
Lol, maybe "one of the last" teams I'd like to sign with, certainly not as bad of a situation as other NBA ball clubs. And Bucks need to send Ellis out...If Jennings gets an extension, he will need another Star to push them to the playoffs. Monta is just not that guy in the Bucks system...

yeah thats what i was saying like a pierece or iggy type of player that can help but doesnt need to score or the ball in their hands to contribute

rocket
08-21-2012, 04:53 AM

They are just such a boring team.

ACanadian
08-21-2012, 05:07 AM
even more then the jazz, magic or raptors :speechless:

Toronto is one of the best cities in North America :facepalm:

IndyHeatjman
08-21-2012, 05:12 AM
yeah thats what i was saying like a pierece or iggy type of player that can help but doesnt need to score or the ball in their hands to contribute

^Pierce and Iggy types don't come easy,lol. Indeed, that is what they need. Otherwise, the Bucks aren't gonna make it to the playoffs.

Two-3
08-21-2012, 05:20 AM

What does that have to do with the team going nowhere in the league? :facepalm:

Steelers23_06
08-21-2012, 05:22 AM
^Pierce and Iggy types don't come easy,lol. Indeed, that is what they need. Otherwise, the Bucks aren't gonna make it to the playoffs.

yea i know. hard to find someone who cares about the team and not stats. and give 100 percent every night. but they need a blue collar worker like a battier or something (which is in the class of pierce and iggy.)

what a waste of a :facepalm:. i said the team not the place. i have never been to toronto so wont comment on that (plus drake makes it sound kind of cool) but the team is just awful. i use them in My Player just so my guy can dominate lol. their front office keeps swinging and missing. i like ed davis, derozen, and bargnani coming into the league but they just havent developed into anything special. and they arent getting any luck from the lottery (better send stern a fruit basket) so its not helping. i definitely would much rather play for the bucks then toronto. not the city the team. plus you cant spell buckets with out the b-u-c-k-s :D

Leftcoast_yg
08-21-2012, 05:51 AM
What does their starting line up look like?

Leftcoast_yg
08-21-2012, 05:57 AM
I think a Monta for Deng swap would be great for each team, it would give the bulls a scoring guard to replace rose for this season and if it don't work out ellis would be an expiring and will be gone when rose is back.

3ballbomber
08-21-2012, 05:58 AM
What does their starting line up look like?
Really beautiful

Steelers23_06
08-21-2012, 06:06 AM
I think a Monta for Deng swap would be great for each team, it would give the bulls a scoring guard to replace rose for this season and if it don't work out ellis would be an expiring and will be gone when rose is back.

wow i really like this trade. :clap:

c.c.
08-21-2012, 06:18 AM
At least he not crying about a bigger market and he wants another star to play with him

Leftcoast_yg
08-21-2012, 07:23 AM
wow i really like this trade. :clap:

A very realistic trade as well I would not be surprised if it went down.

Heediot
08-21-2012, 09:08 AM
I wouldn't build my team around him. As a complementary piece possibly, but not as a prime piece.

Heediot
08-21-2012, 09:11 AM

Yeah not bad for Chicago. If they let Monta go and amnesty Boozer in the off-season, they will have significant cap room and flexibility.

koreancabbage
08-21-2012, 09:49 AM
wow Monta Ellis for Deng. Bulls would do it. Not sure if Bucks would. They gave away Bogut, one of the best centers in the league, albiet injuries, for a prolific scorer in Ellis. Would they have done a Bogut for Deng trade? I don't think so.

asandhu23
08-21-2012, 10:30 AM
Ellis and Jennings haven't even a spent a full season working with each other and people are already talking about kicking Ellis out. :facepalm:

they need to work out some issues but that's it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ap515qHFfc8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sADrMTbM98Q

this is a glimpse of what they can do.

nate2usmc
08-21-2012, 11:48 AM
At least he not crying about a bigger market and he wants another star to play with him

This.

Brandon Jennings could've been a Knick if they actually picked him in the draft. Then again, it's the Knicks that left their fans crying over spilt milk every year till last year :cry: :o

Losoway
08-21-2012, 10:30 PM
i wonder what info the bucks are using to black mail him to stay

Shkelqim
08-21-2012, 10:32 PM
I'd go to Orlando

STL Don
08-21-2012, 11:25 PM
A good player wants to sign an extension in Milwaukee? :SHOCKED: :p
On a serious note, he sounds like he's got the right mind-set heading into this season. Hopefully Ellis doesn't screw things up.