PDA

View Full Version : Stan van gundy: Rose bulls future in jeopardy if the team fails to find another star

bric
08-20-2012, 08:52 PM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/08/van-gundy-on-rose-bulls-paul-magic.html

Full article inside

On Derrick Rose and his future in Chicago: "I think the interesting one coming up in the future is going to be Derrick Rose. I think Derrick Rose is a great, great representative of our league, and he's a great player. And he's got good players around him, very good players around him, but if (the Bulls) can't get another star there for him is he eventually going to look around and say, 'Hey, I've got to work this out on my own and I've got to find somehow to get somewhere else so that I will have a chance to play with another star.' The league has changed." On the new complexion of the league and formation of superteams: "The league has changed. It used to be the stars wanted to sort of have their own team, they certainly wanted good players around them, but now everything's changed. I think it started with the Celtics, bringing (Kevin) Garnett, (Paul) Pierce and (Ray) Allen together and everybody saw that and decided, 'Look, this is the only way we're going to win.'

kjoke
08-20-2012, 08:54 PM
Why are we giving **** about a guy who got fired?

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 08:57 PM
because he's more relevant than you kjoke

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 08:57 PM
1.Stan nobody cares for your opinion
2. Rose to the Knicks :dance:

Cromedome
08-20-2012, 09:02 PM
^ LOL

As soon as I finished reading....my first thought was Rose to the Knicks.

*Superman*
08-20-2012, 09:07 PM
His opinion is as good as ours. Not like he is in the Bulls F.O. or anything.

ThunderousDemon
08-20-2012, 09:16 PM
When is Derrick Rose a free agent?

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Don'tknow but the Knicks are the favorites to get him ofcourse :dance2:

todu82
08-20-2012, 09:18 PM
Never really thought of Rose in leaving Chicago. Somehow I think he'll stay there long-term.

OKC
08-20-2012, 09:24 PM
the bulls have the bobcats pick this year, right?
they already have a good core with deng and noah.
i dont see rose leaving.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-20-2012, 09:32 PM
Rose, who is in year 1 of a 6 year contract. Start the speculation.

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 09:33 PM
Rose, who is in year 1 of a 6 year contract. Start the speculation.

Class of 2018 is the Knicks year baby :dance:

JesusWears24
08-20-2012, 09:33 PM
NOT EVERY PLAYER IS GOING TO THE KNICKS!!!!!! Im sick and tired of going into every thread and seeing... hes going to the knicks or we can trade Amare for (insert name here)...Just GTFO

nycericanguy
08-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Class of 2018 is the Knicks year baby :dance:

THIS!

Knicks are back!

effen5
08-20-2012, 09:35 PM
He would hate the Knicks to be honest....he doesn't like the spot light on him and that media would be nonstop on Rose. Especially after what we saw iwth Lin.

Thats why he has a home in Santa Monica....he said that Santa Monica is one of the places that he can walk in the street and nobody recognizes him.

effen5
08-20-2012, 09:36 PM
FYI SVG has no idea whats going on in Rose's head or in the Bulls front office.

JesusWears24
08-20-2012, 09:38 PM
Derek would not fit in New York... He plays defense, so thats a no deal already for the Knicks.

DoMeFavors
Should have pushed for other stars instead of Boozer, I think with the way Amare was playing in 2010-2011 they could have won a championship.

SteBO
I can't see Rose playing anywhere else to be honest with you.......

Kuya_Clive
08-20-2012, 09:39 PM
i think the only team he might go to if he leaves is LA since he stays up there in the summer.

effen5
08-20-2012, 09:39 PM
Ironically, the only team I can see him going to is LA.

Cal827
08-20-2012, 09:40 PM
He would hate the Knicks to be honest....he doesn't like the spot light on him and that media would be nonstop on Rose. Especially after what we saw iwth Lin.

Thats why he has a home in Santa Monica....he said that Santa Monica is one of the places that he can walk in the street and nobody recognizes him.

Oh god, here comes the Rose to LA Rumors :cry: lol

effen5
08-20-2012, 09:43 PM
Oh god, here comes the Rose to LA Rumors :cry: lol
Honestly, if he leaves for anywhere its LA. He trains there every offseason and he LOVES California....and this is coming from a Bulls fan.

Losoway
08-20-2012, 09:43 PM
lmao @ the idea of the the bulls getting rid of rose

no wonder this idiot got fired

JesusWears24
08-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Any team who wants rose would have to give up a TON for him.. but i can see him being in a Lakers uni in about 5 to 6 years

nycericanguy
08-20-2012, 09:45 PM
Any team who wants rose would have to give up a TON for him.. but i can see him being in a Lakers uni in about 5 to 6 years

Knicks baby... KNICKS are back!

DoMeFavors
08-20-2012, 09:49 PM
I know Lebron and Rose are similar both were MVPs, both said they wont leave their home town and want to bring a championship there, and both dont have the greatest talent around them. But I dont see Rose leaving ever.

Losoway
08-20-2012, 09:50 PM
is everyone on bath salt?

derrick rose isnt going anywhere .

Losoway
08-20-2012, 09:52 PM
I know Lebron and Rose are similar both were MVPs, both said they wont leave their home town and want to bring a championship there, and both dont have the greatest talent around them. But I dont see Rose leaving ever.

derrick rose and lebron too completely different players .

derrick rose will never leave chicago . he has said it himself he wants to end his career in a bulls uniform

bbcmillionaire
08-20-2012, 09:52 PM
Haha man rose isn't going anywhere

THE MTL
08-20-2012, 09:54 PM
The bull are cheap team. I dnt see them ponying up the money to pay another star in chicago. U really think the bulls would spend 40 million dollars per year on 2 players. It would guarantee them luxury tax and chicago has never paid it.

And yes, when the speculation starts......i guarantee u that Derrick Rose to the knicks will be the #1 destination :D

And i see ppl getting mad and writing it now lol. While it might not happen, watch the knicks be on rose's short list of teams lmao

LongIslandIcedZ
08-20-2012, 09:57 PM
I dont see Rose ever leaving Chicago

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 09:58 PM
lmao you people are funny the bulls can amnesty boozer and trade noah for cap space if needed d rose aint coming to the knicks even tho i know my knicks fans are just saying that to piss everybody off so why not d rose to the knicks lmao

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 09:58 PM
I dont see Rose ever leaving Chicago

Did anyone ever see lebron leaving cleveland?

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 10:00 PM

lebron has no back bone and d rose does he isn't leaving chi town thats one player i hope retires with his home team

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 10:03 PM
lebron has no back bone and d rose does he isn't leaving chi town thats one player i hope retires with his home team

lol leave lebron alone. You go too hard on him sometimes. I do agree with your part about drose though.

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 10:05 PM

Lebron got that ring son. :) Hate on.

smiddy012
08-20-2012, 10:07 PM

Yeah, when he literally gave up on his team in the playoffs against the Celtics, plenty of people saw him leaving Cleveland. Outside of that there were a bunch of Cleveland natives who were dumb enough to take Lebron at his word. You still think Miami is going to win 7 more rings? Lebron was even talking about going back to Cleveland not too long ago, everything he says should be taken with a few tons of salt.

Rose doesn't recruit. Rose keeps his word, he doesn't lie to himself or his fans. Sorry to disappoint you.

But as long as Lebron sold his soul for that gold, and tap-danced for you, you'll be happy, so that's all that matters. What a role-model.

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah, when he literally gave up on his team in the playoffs against the Celtics, plenty of people saw him leaving Cleveland. Outside of that there were a bunch of Cleveland natives who were dumb enough to take Lebron at his word. You still think Miami is going to win 7 more rings? Lebron was even talking about going back to Cleveland not too long ago, everything he says should be taken with a few tons of salt.

Rose doesn't recruit. Rose keeps his word, he doesn't lie to himself or his fans. Sorry to disappoint you. But as long as he sold his soul for that gold, and tap-danced for you, you'll be happy, so that's all that matters. What a role-model.

I'm not saying rose leaves, just that you shouldn't be surprised if he does.

If rose is content with never winning a ring, more power to him.

SteBO
08-20-2012, 10:14 PM

Rose doesn't recruit. Rose keeps his word, he doesn't lie to himself or his fans. Sorry to disappoint you. But as long as he sold his soul for that gold, and tap-danced for you, you'll be happy, so that's all that matters. What a role-model.
It's not really fair to judge him that way. You really think he's the first professional athlete to do anything remotely like this? He isn't, and he sure as hell won't be the last. Don't blame him, blame the media who put so much unwarranted stock into winning rings. Survival of the fittest man.

I don't see Rose going anywhere, but if you're the Bulls you must not play with fire. But I believe the Bulls are aware of what they need to do. There's a reason they've made the moves they've made this offseason. There going to do something with what they've done.

smiddy012
08-20-2012, 10:15 PM

Yes we should. Rose is old-school, that's really the best way to explain it. Only chance of him ever leaving Chicago would be towards the very end of his career.

KingsOfQueens
08-20-2012, 10:16 PM
I really can't see Rose leaving Chicago. He IS Chicago. Born and raised, he has roots in those streets. And he's a real dude.

Lebron wasn't from Cleveland. He was from Akron. Also, Lebron is mentally weak, Rose isn't.

Rose will finish what he started.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 10:17 PM
It's not really fair to judge him that way. You really think he's the first professional athlete to do anything remotely like this? He isn't, and he sure as hell won't be the last. Don't blame him, blame the media who put so much unwarranted stock into winning rings. Survival of the fittest man.

I don't see Rose going anywhere, but if you're the Bulls you must not play with fire. But I believe the Bulls are aware of what they need to do. There's a reason they've made the moves they've made this offseason. There going to do something with what they've done.

I agree with this, you cant really blame him. At the end of the day he just wants to win like everyone else. I compare it to some people getting mad at rappers because they rap more mainstream like to make money. At the end of the day it's all about the money. That's what they put into our brains. ***** too lol :D

smiddy012
08-20-2012, 10:21 PM

The media put so much unwarranted stock into him being better than MJ, and Lebron got desperate. Also, Lebron was the first NBA superstar to completely screw his team over in such a fashion, the second is DH.

I like the direction Lebron has taken since he made the decision, but let's not compare him to Rose when it comes to loyalty. Lebron is newschool, Rose is oldschool, it's really that simple. Now watch as NBA superstars collude to win a ring, but Rose won't be one of them.

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 10:23 PM
I agree with this, you cant really blame him. At the end of the day he just wants to win like everyone else. I compare it to some people getting mad at rappers because they rap more mainstream like to make money. At the end of the day it's all about the money. That's what they put into our brains. ***** too lol :D

no!:mad: that's why hip hop is dead:facepalm:

smiddy012
08-20-2012, 10:25 PM
I agree with this, you cant really blame him. At the end of the day he just wants to win like everyone else. I compare it to some people getting mad at rappers because they rap more mainstream like to make money. At the end of the day it's all about the money.

This sums up what's wrong with this country in a nut shell.

DoMeFavors
08-20-2012, 10:25 PM
Bulls got rid of the Bench Mob

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 10:28 PM
The media put so much unwarranted stock into him being better than MJ, and Lebron got desperate. Also, Lebron was the first NBA superstar to completely screw his team over in such a fashion, the second is DH.
I like the direction Lebron has taken since he made the decision, but let's not compare him to Rose when it comes to loyalty. Lebron is newschool, Rose is oldschool, it's really that simple. Now watch as NBA superstars collude to win a ring, but Rose won't be one of them.

hold up now you can't compare what dwight did to lebron if anything the magic screwed themselves over d12 literally opted in the extra year so the tragic could trade him for a better package and they made the worst trade of all time but d12 let them know ahead of time like melo did lecon tricked the cavs fans into thinking he was staying just to leave them with nothing to join a big 3 he knew he was going to the whole time the great lecon i don't think that will ever happen in the history of the nba again lecon is a douche bag:mad:

SteBO
08-20-2012, 10:30 PM

To the naked eye, I agree with you on Rose based on how he's talked about not recruiting other stars to come here and so on. I don't really blame him; in fact I commend him. I think he can still win in Chicago because the FO isn't inept like Cleveland was. But you need to understand that loyalty can only get you so far and you have no idea what's really inside Roses' head. He could be lying, and you wouldn't know. It was so easy for Tim Duncan to stay loyal to a team that surrounded him with good/great players to help him get 4 rings. Some goes for Kobe Bryant; he won it at a very young age.

Rose is locked up for another 4 or so years, so we'll see how the Bulls fare from now until then assuming Rose gets healthy enough to return to form. Right now, it isn't fair to compare LeBron and Roses' situations because Rose hasn't been in LBJ's shoes yet. Hell, he may never get there. Only time will tell. This is all just speculation.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 10:32 PM
no!:mad: that's why hip hop is dead:facepalm:

While I hate rap today, I understand they are just trying to make money. I cant get mad at that. Blame it on Master P for starting this ****boy type of rappin but dont blame it on the rappers trying to just get their paper. With that said, I still bump my Wu, pac, nas, big, L, outkast, and other ****.

DR_1
08-20-2012, 10:33 PM
This is a joke. Van Gundy is just butthurt about Howard. The chance of Rose ever leaving Chicago is less than zero.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 10:34 PM
This sums up what's wrong with this country in a nut shell.

Like pac said "that's not the way we made it, it's just the way it is" We live in a society where we are brainwashed by all forms of media.

DR_1
08-20-2012, 10:39 PM

If rose is content with never winning a ring, more power to him.

Who says he won't win a ring in Chicago? :laugh:

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 10:40 PM
While I hate rap today, I understand they are just trying to make money. I cant get mad at that. Blame it on Master P for starting this ****boy type of rappin but dont blame it on the rappers trying to just get their paper. With that said, I still bump my Wu, pac, nas, big, L, outkast, and other ****.

hell yeah lets all put some money together and put some hits on rappers nowadays like master p 2chainz waka flaka dam yo the list would be so long i'd need to start a whole new thread hip hop is dead:mad: except for slaughterhouse:D we still have some hope

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 10:43 PM
Who says he won't win a ring in Chicago? :laugh:

no no that ***** a heat fan they all think you need to build super teams to win championships i guess they forgot about that mavs team that beat them the year before or how they almost lost to the celtics and if rose was healthy last year the bulls would have beat them too

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 10:44 PM
no no that ***** a heat fan they all think you need to build super teams to win championships i guess they forgot about that mavs team that beat them the year before or how they almost lost to the celtics and if rose was healthy last year the bulls would have beat them too

:laugh2:

put the bottle down

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 10:49 PM
:laugh2:

put the bottle down

o really you don't think a healthy bulls team would have beat you guys in the ecf instead of an old *** celtics who still took you guys to seven games

MagicBucsSox
08-20-2012, 11:01 PM
Is it not true?

Avenged
08-20-2012, 11:05 PM
I mean they will still be good with a healthy Rose but the way the top teams in the league are set-up, the Bulls will need another star to compete for a championship.

I don't think he will be leaving though..

Ezio
08-20-2012, 11:18 PM
Isn't it a bit too early to talk about this? Deng is a FA in 2 years and that's when Boozer will be amnestied. Bulls will get someone for Rose.

JasonJohnHorn
08-20-2012, 11:19 PM
the Spurs and the Pistons and the Mavs proved you don't need to pull a "Boston" or a "Miami" or a "Lakers" to win a championship. Those two teams made up
9 appearances in the NBA finals and 6titles in the past 13 or 14 seasons.

SVG needs to STFU and let Rose and the Bulls define themselves.

MagicBucsSox
08-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Reality starting to set in for bulls fans, they're upset. Lol

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 11:21 PM
o really you don't think a healthy bulls team would have beat you guys in the ecf instead of an old *** celtics who still took you guys to seven games

no, i don't. Not worth arguing, because you have no proof and neither do I.

Ezio
08-20-2012, 11:24 PM

Upset about what? The biggest Bull hater in the media talking like he has actually talked to Rose.

ThunderousDemon
08-20-2012, 11:24 PM

That isn't even music let alone real rap music, that crap is just a way to try and get the most amount of money by putting the least amount of effort. Complete and total garbage.

ThunderousDemon
08-20-2012, 11:26 PM
Like pac said "that's not the way we made it, it's just the way it is" We live in a society where we are brainwashed by all forms of media.

Speak for yourself.

ThunderousDemon
08-20-2012, 11:27 PM
Does anybody know when Rose will be a free agent?

akagiredsuns
08-20-2012, 11:30 PM
Why are we giving **** about a guy who got fired?

Why do you give a **** about reading this thread?

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 11:31 PM

Riley does;)

akagiredsuns
08-20-2012, 11:31 PM

This is true. So instead, Rose to the Lakers. LOL

Gagan136
08-20-2012, 11:32 PM

2016-17 I believe

BullySixChicago
08-20-2012, 11:37 PM
http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/08/van-gundy-on-rose-bulls-paul-magic.html

Full article inside

On Derrick Rose and his future in Chicago: "I think the interesting one coming up in the future is going to be Derrick Rose. I think Derrick Rose is a great, great representative of our league, and he's a great player. And he's got good players around him, very good players around him, but if (the Bulls) can't get another star there for him is he eventually going to look around and say, 'Hey, I've got to work this out on my own and I've got to find somehow to get somewhere else so that I will have a chance to play with another star.' The league has changed." On the new complexion of the league and formation of superteams: "The league has changed. It used to be the stars wanted to sort of have their own team, they certainly wanted good players around them, but now everything's changed. I think it started with the Celtics, bringing (Kevin) Garnett, (Paul) Pierce and (Ray) Allen together and everybody saw that and decided, 'Look, this is the only way we're going to win.'
Stan and his brother are doing a lot of mouth wash talking this summer. I hope he does not think Rose is anywhere like the fellow he coached. The idea that you can put another player in the same catagory as Melo, Bron, Howard Ray Allen please Van Gundy's just watch and broadcast the games and stop trying to give opinions

DR_1
08-20-2012, 11:46 PM

He mad.

bearadonisdna
08-20-2012, 11:46 PM
Is it not true?

Its all speculation at this point.

ThunderousDemon
08-20-2012, 11:48 PM
Riley does;)

I bet Mitch Kupchak knows as well. :D

monzternipz12
08-20-2012, 11:49 PM
I'm a bulls fan and even I can't get mad at DRose if he peaces out....

ThunderousDemon
08-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Do it Mitch!!!

bearadonisdna
08-20-2012, 11:53 PM
Imo if getting a superstar was SO important to Rose he would have done more recruiting.

Thats like me turning down pizza, and then someone saying i am leaving cuz i might not get pizza.

ThunderousDemon
08-20-2012, 11:58 PM
Imo if getting a superstar was SO important to Rose he would have done more recruiting.

Thats like me turning down pizza, and then someone saying i am leaving cuz i might not get pizza.

Yes, that's exactly how it is. :rolleyes:

DaBUU
08-20-2012, 11:59 PM
He's not leaving, K-Love will be here by 2014. Its all good.

Jarvo
08-21-2012, 12:07 AM
Rose isnt going to NY :laugh:

Punk
08-21-2012, 12:58 AM
As much as it sounds ridiculous, It's true and the Bulls are not looking to pay the luxury tax, they weren't willing to go after Howard without an extension who by far was the best player to compliment him, there is realistically no true "superstar" available unless your franchise is banking on Minnesota failing this season to get Kevin Love.

I don't think he will leave but he will certainly tap dance around the idea of leaving like Deron did to get a star to play with him.

Losoway
08-21-2012, 01:07 AM
Rose is the reason the bulls are relevant and selling tickets .

they will keep him . they just gave him a crazy contract last year

bric
08-21-2012, 01:26 AM
Rose is the reason the bulls are relevant and selling tickets .

they will keep him . they just gave him a crazy contract last year

Oh, like how the magic and cavs were able to keep shaq and lebron after they became unrestricted freeagents?

That's cute

bric
08-21-2012, 01:29 AM
I believe I recall one lebron James saying be wouldn't leave Cleveland until his Job was finished

Players when drafted say that they want to spend their whole career there etc

Things players say prior to becoming unrestricted is absolutely irrelevant, because they have no choice at that point, they are RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS AND THE TEAM HAS THE RIGHT TO MATCH ANY OFFER

But as unrestricted free agents players do ad they please, so let us know in a few years when the bulls still haven't made the finals or acquired a 2 option caliber player if he still would love to play in Chicago until he dies

ThunderousDemon
08-21-2012, 01:40 AM
i believe i recall one lebron james saying be wouldn't leave cleveland until his job was finished

players when drafted say that they want to spend their whole career there etc

things players say prior to becoming unrestricted is absolutely irrelevant, because they have no choice at that point, they are restricted free agents and the team has the right to match any offer

but as unrestricted free agents players do ad they please, so let us know in a few years when the bulls still haven't made the finals or acquired a 2 option caliber player if he still would love to play in chicago until he dies

lol!!! Why would he die?

bric
08-21-2012, 01:45 AM
i believe i recall one lebron james saying be wouldn't leave cleveland until his job was finished

players when drafted say that they want to spend their whole career there etc

things players say prior to becoming unrestricted is absolutely irrelevant, because they have no choice at that point, they are restricted free agents and the team has the right to match any offer

but as unrestricted free agents players do ad they please, so let us know in a few years when the bulls still haven't made the finals or acquired a 2 option caliber player if he still would love to play in chicago until he dies

lol!!! Why would he die?

Haven't all the non objective posters in this thread said he will never leave?

jp611
08-21-2012, 01:48 AM
People are just begging for this to happen, guess what it's not gonna

bric
08-21-2012, 01:54 AM
People are just begging for this to happen, guess what it's not gonna

Lol, how sad is this post?

Peyton Manning is in Denver Brett farve went to 2 other teams

Jerry rice and mj both goats went to other teams

Paul Pierce said he is testing free agency

Is derrick rose leaving the bulls that hard a concept to understand? Why is this impossible?

jp611
08-21-2012, 01:55 AM
Well yes at some point maybe... But he has 5 more years left in his contract, he's from Chicago, he wants to be in Chicago, it's not happening anytime soon

Ezio
08-21-2012, 02:03 AM
As much as it sounds ridiculous, It's true and the Bulls are not looking to pay the luxury tax, they weren't willing to go after Howard without an extension who by far was the best player to compliment him, there is realistically no true "superstar" available unless your franchise is banking on Minnesota failing this season to get Kevin Love.

I don't think he will leave but he will certainly tap dance around the idea of leaving like Deron did to get a star to play with him.

ORL didn't want anything the Bulls were offering them :shrug:

Paul George is available in 2 years.

bric
08-21-2012, 02:03 AM
Well yes at some point maybe... But he has 5 more years left in his contract, he's from Chicago, he wants to be in Chicago, it's not happening anytime soon

Where in this thread has someone said he's leaving this year or tomorrow or the bulls will trade him at the deadline?

No one, we are saying that it is likely he will at least explore free agency and certainly will not return if they don't add another star or atleast make a finals appearance by 2012 and you better believe we will hear rumblings by 2014 if he doesn't get to the finals by then

Atop sitting around and making up magical scenarios in which the bulls magically get Kevin love or magically Mirotic becomes dirk or whatever nonsense shammy snd those other non objective bulls fans/homers have you thinking and try to look at things from another angle

bric
08-21-2012, 02:06 AM

ORL didn't want anything the Bulls were offering them :shrug:

Paul George is available in 2 years.

I find it hilarious that 1.you think the bulls will have the cap to not only make an offer but out bid the Pacers for him

2.you think he bulls can actually acquire a restricted free agent

Would have been better off saying Aldridge or even a 90 yr old Pierce or Wade or something

Ezio
08-21-2012, 02:20 AM
I find it hilarious that 1.you think the bulls will have the cap to not only make an offer but out bid the Pacers for him

Would have been better off saying Aldridge or even a 90 yr old Pierce or Wade or something

He's a FA. The Bulls will have $34,192,603 invested in the team with w/e they sign Taj.

bric
08-21-2012, 02:31 AM

He's a FA. The Bulls will have $34,192,603 invested in the team with w/e they sign Taj.

Oh, I'm very sure the bulls will be the only team with cap space that year as well, lmao and do u know what a RESTRICTED FREE AGENTS is?

U should after what the bulls did this past summer, lol

Wait.. Weren't u the same one who suggested the bulls could somehow make a bid for James harden this summer and would be able to sign him and he would be the missing piece or was that some other unrealistic fan?

bric
08-21-2012, 02:32 AM

He's a RFA. The Bulls will have $34,192,603 invested in the team with w/e they sign Taj.

You also need to learn the difference between a FREE AGENT and a RFA which is what George will be

Ezio
08-21-2012, 02:36 AM
Yeah I know the difference and we'll see what happens. Who doesn't want James Harden on their team?

abe_froman
08-21-2012, 02:38 AM
1.Stan nobody cares for your opinion
2. Rose to the Knicks :dance:

naw,if he leaves,he'll go to the lakers.he spends every offseason in la(has homes out there) and has talked extensively how much he loves the city

and if he would leave depends on what the bulls do between now and when he's a free agent,there's no doubt in my mind that if they arent in series competition(or even not actually win it all)by then that he will bolt.every fanbase think it wont happen to them until it does.just the reality of the modern nba,nobody wants to end up being reggie miller

bric
08-21-2012, 02:40 AM
Yeah I know the difference and we'll see what happens. Who doesn't want James Harden on their team?

Who cares about wanting him? What does that even mean? I want a space ship but am I gnna get one? No

Let's talk about something actually feasible not a player the bulls have 0 chance at signing unless they magically move noah and company for expiring and amnesty boozer

James harden is not a superstar and will not be one, his ceiling is probably not even slightly higher than manus

Idk why you even want him, you want a player who didn't show up in the finals yet you hate that boozer doesn't step up when needed in the first round ?

TheRunKiller
08-21-2012, 02:46 AM
Lebron got that ring son. :) Hate on.

only cuz rose got hurt

Sinestro
08-21-2012, 02:52 AM
He'll stay in Chicago he'll convince someone to come there...sooner or later

CHIhatzi333
08-21-2012, 03:12 AM
Drose spotted wearing a knicks hat earlier on his twitter. Ahh.........WHAT?!?!?!?

CHIhatzi333
08-21-2012, 03:16 AM
Once the timberwolves don't make the playoffs thisyear k love is heading to the chi, n I'm pretty sure he already has his bags packed!

Dade County
08-21-2012, 03:20 AM
rose is going to be a bull for life... he might not get a ring but what can you say; he was in the Wade & Lbj era :)

h2r09
08-21-2012, 08:41 AM
ive been saying this for 2 years and bulls fans have chastized me every time i said it, but its true. you wont win with luol deng, carlos boozer, and joakim noah as your 3rd, 4th, and 5th, best players.

They tried to throw the "depth" argument at me, which is absolutely useless in the playoffs. ITs why they were great regular season teams for 2 years but didnt do **** in the playoffs. Depth is useless when star players start to play 40-45 minutes a night in the playoffs.

justinnum1
08-21-2012, 09:06 AM
only cuz rose got hurt

keep telling yourself that

Pierzynski4Prez
08-21-2012, 09:12 AM
Who cares about wanting him? What does that even mean? I want a space ship but am I gnna get one? No

Let's talk about something actually feasible not a player the bulls have 0 chance at signing unless they magically move noah and company for expiring and amnesty boozer

James harden is not a superstar and will not be one, his ceiling is probably not even slightly higher than manus

Idk why you even want him, you want a player who didn't show up in the finals yet you hate that boozer doesn't step up when needed in the first round ?

Yes, lets keep the topic on something feasible, like Derrick Rose leaving in the summer of 2017.

Heediot
08-21-2012, 09:18 AM
Rose may not have the same ego as the four other East starters dancing at the all star game. He seems more low-key. Of course he wants to win, but i think he'll be a career Bull.

D-Leethal
08-21-2012, 09:23 AM
I agree. They are a well rounded deep team but as thin as it gets with all star talent let alone top notch elite level talent. Dirk was the only guy in recent history who won that way and you could easily argue JTerry was a better #2 than Rose has ever played with.

People can talk all they want about how they made the ECF last season, but they beat a 38 win 8 seed and the Atlanta Hawks to get there. An injury depleted Knicks team of last year probably could have made it there with those two opponents. The Hawks gave them problems and the Heat completely demolished them and shut down Rose with ease.

Rose most definitely needs some help, they should have found a way to snag Gasol when they had the chance.

h2r09
08-21-2012, 09:24 AM
I agree. They are a well rounded deep team but as thin as it gets with all star talent let alone top notch elite level talent. Dirk was the only guy in recent history who won that way and you could easily argue JTerry was a better #2 than Rose has ever played with.

People can talk all they want about how they made the ECF last season, but they beat a 38 win 8 seed and the Atlanta Hawks to get there. An injury depleted Knicks team of last year probably could have made it there with those two opponents. The Hawks gave them problems and the Heat completely demolished them and shut down Rose with ease.

Rose most definitely needs some help, they should have found a way to snag Gasol when they had the chance.

Not anymore. they are gonna be really really really average. this year if rose doesnt come back before the end of the year.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-21-2012, 09:24 AM
So he is signed for the next 5 years?

Are there like option years? Is there any way of him becoming unrestricted any earlier than that? If not this is ridiculously early speculation lol.

Obviously him staying in Chicago his whole career is no guarantee, but thats what I'd put my money on.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-21-2012, 09:26 AM
ive been saying this for 2 years and bulls fans have chastized me every time i said it, but its true. you wont win with luol deng, carlos boozer, and joakim noah as your 3rd, 4th, and 5th, best players.

They tried to throw the "depth" argument at me, which is absolutely useless in the playoffs. ITs why they were great regular season teams for 2 years but didnt do **** in the playoffs. Depth is useless when star players start to play 40-45 minutes a night in the playoffs.

Just curious as to who you think the Bulls 2nd best player is/was?

If those guys are your 3-5, they could definitely win with a decent guy as the 2nd best next to Rose. However those guys listed are the Bulls 2-4 options, which is why they haven't won with this squad.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-21-2012, 09:27 AM
So he is signed for the next 5 years?

Are there like option years? Is there any way of him becoming unrestricted any earlier than that? If not this is ridiculously early speculation lol.

Obviously him staying in Chicago his whole career is no guarantee, but thats what I'd put my money on.

He's in year 1 of a 6 year contract. I don't know the details, but I'm sure he can opt out after the 5th year. I'm with you, I find it a little ridiculous that I'm even posting about this.

h2r09

If those guys are your 3-5, they could definitely win with a decent guy as the 2nd best next to Rose. However those guys listed are the Bulls 2-4 options, which is why they haven't won with this squad.
you are right. i meant to say 2,3,4. that would be a great team if those guys were 3,4,5, with another star player there at 2.

LongIslandIcedZ

Mike James

D-Leethal
08-21-2012, 09:29 AM
Not anymore. they are gonna be really really really average. this year if rose doesnt come back before the end of the year.

True. I have already said they will struggle to make the playoffs. I think their mindset will be way different knowing Rose is out until March.

Last season when he missed a month or 2 or whatever it was, Thibs had him listed day to day or 'game time decision' for about 20 something games (I know because I had him on my fantasy team). He said this was to throw off opposing coaches which may be true, but I think it was also to keep his team energized and confident, letting them know they just had to keep the ship afloat for a short period and than there top gun will come back.

The second Rose was done for the season there level of play dropped dramatically and they went from a team beating the Heat minus Rose to getting owned by a very flawed Philly team minus Rose.

I don't see them playing with the same level of confidence and hope knowing Rose is out for 60 something games as they did when they thought his return was right around the corner.

On top of that, they lost some key guys from last year and replaced them with scrubs.

Hard to play inspired ball when there is no light at the end of the tunnel, and Rose out to March is about as dim a glimmer of light as you can get.

Heatcheck
08-21-2012, 09:35 AM
derrick rose and lebron too completely different players .

derrick rose will never leave chicago . he has said it himself he wants to end his career in a bulls uniform

you know how many athletes, in every sport, have said this?

Pierzynski4Prez
08-21-2012, 09:40 AM
you are right. i meant to say 2,3,4. that would be a great team if those guys were 3,4,5, with another star player there at 2.

That's what I thought. Having a guy as our 2nd option (that is clearly better than Deng) would have us right in the mix if Derrick was Healthy.

Mike James

Factor in Scalabrine and Deng and Boozer are the 4th and 5th options.

h2r09
08-21-2012, 09:42 AM
That's what I thought. Having a guy as our 2nd option (that is clearly better than Deng) would have us right in the mix if Derrick was Healthy.

Factor in Scalabrine and Deng and Boozer are the 4th and 5th options.

I absolutely agree and have been saying that for the last 2 years. The bulls have been trying to win it all with Rose and "depth", which is great in the regular season but over a 7 game series against other great teams with multiple star players will not work.

BcEuAbRsS
08-21-2012, 09:43 AM
He'd go to LA... Rose, Love, Howard in 2018! Sig that *****es!

Gram
08-21-2012, 10:25 AM

:cool:

effen5
08-21-2012, 10:37 AM
He might leave towards the end of his career like Kevin Garnett but I doubt it.

celtNYpatsHeels
08-21-2012, 10:42 AM
Who is this Derrick Rose guy?

effen5
08-21-2012, 10:44 AM
keep telling yourself that

Are you saying Rose's injury didnt effect the outcome of the playoffs? Rose's single injury changed the whole Eastern Conference playoffs.

StinkEye
08-21-2012, 10:46 AM
Are you saying Rose's injury didnt effect the outcome of the playoffs? Rose's single injury changed the whole Eastern Conference playoffs.

meh, maybe his injury affected it a little bit. Chicago still would have lost to Miami.

13ull3TProoF
08-21-2012, 10:47 AM
rose isnt going anywhere and he said he dont want a superstar thats why he refuses to recruit, he's a family man he's happy with who he has

juster1028
08-21-2012, 10:59 AM
ROSE TO NYK

Pg : rose
sg smith
dSF : carmine
Pf: stottermire
c : tysn chandler

we giv feltun and kid for rose +

effen5
08-21-2012, 11:01 AM
meh, maybe his injury affected it a little bit. Chicago still would have lost to Miami.

Again thats debatable, because I thought chicago had a better team than the celtics and the celtics took Miami to 7 games.

h2r09
08-21-2012, 11:30 AM
Again thats debatable, because I thought chicago had a better team than the celtics and the celtics took Miami to 7 games.

the celtics are a better team when both teams are healthy. chicago doesnt scare miami when healthy because they dont have another star, like ive been saying for 2 years now.

the reason the celtics beat us is because any number of guys can go off at any time, rondo's style of play disects our defense, garnett is huge and was phenomenal last year, ray allen tires dwyane wade out, and paul pierce always hit timely shots.

The bulls only had rose and depth to scare teams which doesnt matter in the playoffs against the heat.

njnets
08-21-2012, 11:45 AM
i mean, hes kinda right.

a bulls team with only rose cannot win a championship, and thats the ultimate goal. deng, noah are good pieces but thats not enough. boozer has not been living up to his potential.

asik left, gibson might also.

they need to find another great player to pair with him soon. hes under contract for 5 more years but to maximize those years, you gotta get another great player asap.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-21-2012, 11:53 AM

No Bosh is really why the C's took them to 7. Which definitely would have given us a huuuuge chance. Bosh killed us in 2011 ECF.

Stinkyoutsider
08-21-2012, 12:43 PM
I agree somewhat with what Van Gundy said. Some star players are looking to team up. Maybe it's because they don't like the front office and see a team with another star as the best chance at a title?

I think Rose has the mindset of players back in the 80s and 90s though. He wants to win just like everyone else does but he's not going to go out of his way to team up with other guys. He wants to be the man on his own team...

Da Knicks
08-21-2012, 12:58 PM
I dont see Rose leaving the bulls however if he does he knows to tell his team with time. Lebron could of avoided many fans being mad at him if he was truthful since the beginning and not giving fans false hope esp. the cavs fans who supported him to the fullest. Rose doesnt seem like a douchebag like Lebron so hopefully he learned from lbjs mistake.

StinkEye
08-21-2012, 01:29 PM

Matchups make all the difference.

Big Zo
08-21-2012, 01:44 PM

Then again, the Thunder had a better team than the Celtics, and they were taken out in 5. They faced essentially the same group of Celtics and Bulls last year, and also took them out in 5 with a healthy big 3.

gatkins11
08-21-2012, 03:54 PM
ROSE TO NYK

sg smith

What?

DeyAce
08-21-2012, 04:06 PM
ROSE TO NYK

sg smith

:facepalm::facepalm:

effen5
08-21-2012, 05:42 PM
Then again, the Thunder had a better team than the Celtics, and they were taken out in 5. They faced essentially the same group of Celtics and Bulls last year, and also took them out in 5 with a healthy big 3.

Thunder will get their chance, I see them in the same position as the Heat from 2 years ago where Dallas knocked out the Heat in the finals and won the following year, I can see the Thunder easily doing the same.

Big Zo
08-21-2012, 05:54 PM
Thunder will get their chance, I see them in the same position as the Heat from 2 years ago where Dallas knocked out the Heat in the finals and won the following year, I can see the Thunder easily doing the same.

Maybe. But as of right now, the Heat have gotten better (at least on paper), while OKC has stayed the same.

85BearsDefense
08-22-2012, 02:02 AM

Maybe. But as of right now, the Heat have gotten better (at least on paper), while OKC has stayed the same.

OkC gained a year of expire nice which is huge.

smiddy012
08-22-2012, 04:16 AM
the celtics are a better team when both teams are healthy. chicago doesnt scare miami when healthy because they dont have another star, like ive been saying for 2 years now.

You clearly don't know your ****. The last two seasons Miami and Chicago were unanimously picked as 1 and 2 in the East, then there was a dropoff to number 3. Chicago is better than Boston with a healthy Rose. And even if we disregard what all the experts and regular season stats say, Chicago beat Boston 4-1 in the 10-11 playoffs. A healthy Bulls MOST CERTAINLY had a chance against Miami with Bosh on the sideline, Chicago could effectively shut down Wade but if Bosh went off they had no defense for it.

Rose/Rip/Deng/Boozer/Noah was the most all-around solid starting five in the NBA. Then the injury bug came around and ****ed with all of them... except for Boozer.

koreancabbage
08-22-2012, 11:25 AM

personnel-wise. I really want to see how Harden comes into the fold after that disastrous playoff run. and Ibaka, if he can develop an offensive game quickly and actually be worth that contract of his.

Their growth is more important to them right now than adding veterans, for the sake of the Thunder's future. OKC will have a "big three" with Ibaka becoming more offensively skilled. I don't see them keeping Harden if he wants more money.

Some Gms will think he's a max player, and if Harden believes so, no way he resigns.

Big Zo
08-22-2012, 01:56 PM
OkC gained a year of expire nice which is huge.

Everybody keeps saying this, but experience can only get you so far. The Heat are still more talented, and are more experienced anyway. Not saying they can't beat Miami, but I don't think them getting to the finals this year is gonna automatically make them better next year.

Gram
08-22-2012, 03:32 PM
They should Boozer to Detroit for Monroe, Knight, and Stuckey.

Rose/Stuckey
Knight/Stuckey
Deng
Monroe
Noah

SteBO
08-22-2012, 03:35 PM

Rose/Stuckey
Knight/Stuckey
Deng
Monroe
Noah
Joe Dumars better be fired if that were to happen......

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-22-2012, 03:36 PM
Post Kobe-Gasol-Nash....

It'll be Rose & Dwight running Tinseltown!!! :dance:

Ezio
08-22-2012, 03:36 PM

Rose/Stuckey
Knight/Stuckey
Deng
Monroe
Noah

Can I has what you are having?

Gram
08-22-2012, 03:53 PM
Can I has what you are having?

Joe Dumars better be fired if that were to happen......

I'm joking kiddies....I'mma Pistons fan. :cool:

WickedBadMan
08-22-2012, 06:00 PM
Everybody keeps saying this, but experience can only get you so far. The Heat are still more talented, and are more experienced anyway. Not saying they can't beat Miami, but I don't think them getting to the finals this year is gonna automatically make them better next year.

Ironic, the Heat were more talented than the Mavs, but had less experience as a team, and in LeBrons case, less maturity in his mental approach to the game - and what happened in that series? And the following year?

TheLegend
08-22-2012, 06:05 PM

It doesn't work like that. I think the Bulls were better than the Celts but it's about match-ups. The Celts had a big match-up advantage with KG going off. I doubt Boozer could've showed up and played like KG was playing. But we could've had a chance only if Bosh doesn't play. We wouldn't have beaten a healthy Heat team.

85BearsDefense
08-22-2012, 06:31 PM

no they're not, they have veterans, a year of experience was huge for Lebron (HE WAS BRUTAL IN THE FINALS). Harden was terrible in the finals, if you look at the all time greats in the NBA you have to fall down before you succeed. OKC gained the experience and that will help them so much.

Big Zo
08-22-2012, 07:33 PM
no they're not, they have veterans, a year of experience was huge for Lebron (HE WAS BRUTAL IN THE FINALS). Harden was terrible in the finals, if you look at the all time greats in the NBA you have to fall down before you succeed. OKC gained the experience and that will help them so much.

The Heat are still better. Besides, OKC still needs to get through the Spurs and Lakers before they get to the finals. And yes, I'm aware that most great teams have fallen before they've succeeded. Doesn't mean all of them will eventually succeed.

DR_1
08-22-2012, 07:36 PM
But we could've had a chance only if Bosh doesn't play. We wouldn't have beaten a healthy Heat team.

:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

TheLegend
08-23-2012, 10:12 AM
:facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:

We didn't beat the Heat the year before. Yes we improved, but obviously so did they. And IMO, if Bosh isn't hurt, they are the better team. Look, I want the Bulls to beat the Heat just like you. But I'm mature enough to be realistic. We couldn't get out the 1st round without our star. The supporting cast is not as good as people think.

ChicagoJ
08-23-2012, 02:42 PM
I like van gundy, but when he talks sometimes he's mixing being a fan with facts. I doubt rose leaves chicago.

13ull3TProoF
08-23-2012, 03:33 PM
due to rose being born and raised in chicago theres no way he goes to ny, chicagoans hate new yorkers..

DeyAce
08-23-2012, 03:41 PM
We didn't beat the Heat the year before. Yes we improved, but obviously so did they. And IMO, if Bosh isn't hurt, they are the better team. Look, I want the Bulls to beat the Heat just like you. But I'm mature enough to be realistic. We couldn't get out the 1st round without our star. The supporting cast is not as good as people think.

This. We need more realistic Bulls posters like this in the Bulls forum. Im sure the entire league knows you stop Rose you stop the Bulls

Ezio
08-23-2012, 04:21 PM
This. We need more realistic Bulls posters like this in the Bulls forum. Im sure the entire league knows you stop Rose you stop the Bulls

He's be banned from the forum cause he started name calling, telling people to go off themselves and the cycle repeated. Yet he's the realist.

JordansBulls
08-25-2012, 04:51 PM
He might leave towards the end of his career like Kevin Garnett but I doubt it.

If the Bulls franchise now can't get stars with the success in the past and the fan base then who can?

smiddy012
08-25-2012, 05:20 PM

Well we wouldn't have had a chance vs. a healthy Heat unless we were totally healthy IMO. We never really got to see Rip with our healthy starters, but the handful of times we did it was pretty sweet. He added a new dimension to our offense with his passing, playmaking, and shooting skills. That said it's all in the past, "woulda, shoulda, coulda" type ****. The NBA is LAs and Miami's league until we do something drastic with our roster, so there I agree with you. Only players I wouldn't clean house with are Rose, Noah, and Gibson.

GoPacers33
08-25-2012, 05:28 PM
not every player is going to the knicks!!!!!! Im sick and tired of going into every thread and seeing... Hes going to the knicks or we can trade amare for (insert name here)...just gtfo

x1000

king4day
08-25-2012, 05:47 PM
Man if the Suns were able to somehow lure him over :drool:

DR_1
08-25-2012, 06:24 PM
Why do people even consider him leaving Chicago? It's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

justinnum1
08-25-2012, 06:33 PM
Why do people even consider him leaving Chicago? It's NOT GOING TO HAPPEN

It might if the bulls front office cant find another star.

bearadonisdna
08-29-2012, 02:07 PM
Rose wont be a fa until 2016.
Rose isnt some primadonna that has to play with stars to validate himself.

RC3
08-29-2012, 02:11 PM
Rose wont be a fa until 2016.
Rose isnt some primadonna that has to play with stars to validate himself.

There no such thing as a "humble" star. That is a whole load of bull. Every star has an ego and the media who made this BS that blake griffin,rose, and durant are this new generation of "humble" stars is laughable. In conclusion, every star is a primadonna. Some worse than others.

bearadonisdna
08-29-2012, 02:21 PM
yea its cuz of the media.

TrueFan420
08-29-2012, 08:40 PM
There no such thing as a "humble" star. That is a whole load of bull. Every star has an ego and the media who made this BS that blake griffin,rose, and durant are this new generation of "humble" stars is laughable. In conclusion, every star is a primadonna. Some worse than others.
theres a saying that goes, "never say never when you mean hardly ever."

Tim Duncan would be case in point.

BULLSFAN0810
08-30-2012, 03:10 AM
as much as i hate to say... we need to get in gear...Bulls are too cheap. SVG may be right...Rose as a Chi native WONT GO TO NY,MIA,BOSTON,ATL, OR MIL ...Chicagoans Hate these teams.

Big Zo
08-30-2012, 09:02 AM
as much as i hate to say... we need to get in gear...Bulls are too cheap. SVG may be right...Rose as a Chi native WONT GO TO NY,MIA,BOSTON,ATL, OR MIL ...Chicagoans Hate these teams.

Money talks.

koreancabbage
08-30-2012, 09:10 AM
theres a saying that goes, "never say never when you mean hardly ever."

Tim Duncan would be case in point.

true, he's the one that bucks the trend, from a surface perspective- but hey --> he's been convinced that SA will be competitive as long as Duncan will be in SA.

I don't think Tim Duncan was ever a superstar. He just gets the job done night and night out. Rose is a superstar.

DR_1
08-30-2012, 09:13 AM
How was Duncan not a superstar? :laugh2:

koreancabbage
08-30-2012, 09:19 AM
How was Duncan not a superstar? :laugh2:

cuz his brand name does not transcend the game itself. If he was a superstar he would be at the lowest end of the spectrum.

edit: IMO people won't remember him 10 years later and what he had done for the game 10 years later after he retires.

NBA-GMaster
08-30-2012, 09:28 AM
Uhmm.. trade Boozer for Walton plus pick.. let Taj develop.. then go for Bynum on 2013 and s&t Jsmoove for Noah..

Bynum-Smith-Deng-___-Rose

effen5
08-30-2012, 09:29 AM
Money talks.

Except Rose probably makes more money in the league than 99.999999999999 percent of the players. Money would be the last thing on his mind.

effen5
08-30-2012, 09:31 AM
cuz his brand name does not transcend the game itself. If he was a superstar he would be at the lowest end of the spectrum.

edit: IMO people won't remember him 10 years later and what he had done for the game 10 years later after he retires.

I disagree with you 100 percent. People still remember Karl Malone and John Stockton right? You want to tell me the difference between their "brand name" and Tim Duncan's?

effen5
08-30-2012, 09:32 AM
Uhmm.. trade Boozer for Walton plus pick.. let Taj develop.. then go for Bynum on 2013 and s&t Jsmoove for Noah..

Bynum-Smith-Deng-___-Rose

Rather have Boozer over Josh Smith jackin up stupid jump shots.

InRoseWeTrust
08-30-2012, 09:38 AM

I've tried to stay uninvolved here because I'm fairly biased with regards to this topic and really, really don't think Rose is going to leave, but...

...when has anyone EVER called Griffin humble? The guy comes off as one of the most arrogant players in the game. Rose/Durant are cut from a completely different mold than Griffin, and I'd argue that Rose is even cut from a different mold than Durant. This isn't rocket science - listen to his f'ing MVP speech. Dude focused on thanking his mom.

koreancabbage
08-30-2012, 09:56 AM
I disagree with you 100 percent. People still remember Karl Malone and John Stockton right? You want to tell me the difference between their "brand name" and Tim Duncan's?

actually they are not talked about as often and less everyday going forward imo.

not taking away what Duncan has done career-wise- he will do better than Malone and Stockton when it comes to historical players, but not as much as a "superstar" will be.

He, just like Malone and Stockton, are still fresh in people's minds right now. But will he get the "superstar" treatment in terms of being talked with the greats? i don't know.

He's very underappreciated and I believe he will be after he retires.

Pierzynski4Prez
08-30-2012, 09:57 AM

You are crazy man. People will remember Tim Duncan for as long as the NBA exists. He is quite possibly the best PF to ever play the game, certainly the most successful. Saying Duncan was never a superstar? Come on.

2x MVP
4 Rings
3 Finals MVPs
9x all NBA 1st team
ROY
13 time All-Star
13x All Defensive team
Only player to ever make All NBA Team and All Defensive Team in 1st 13 seasons.

Yep, never a superstar.:rolleyes:

Pierzynski4Prez
08-30-2012, 10:09 AM
actually they are not talked about as often and less everyday going forward imo.

not taking away what Duncan has done career-wise- he will do better than Malone and Stockton when it comes to historical players, but not as much as a "superstar" will be.

He, just like Malone and Stockton, are still fresh in people's minds right now. But will he get the "superstar" treatment in terms of being talked with the greats? i don't know.

He's very underappreciated and I believe he will be after he retires.

Well on PSD's top 50 list, he's currently ranked 10th all time (ahead of Malone), and is the 1st PF on the list. I know that list isn't like an "official" list, but its a good showing of where he already ranks. Let us know anyone around Duncan in that list that you don't consider a superstar.

koreancabbage
08-30-2012, 11:02 AM
You are crazy man. People will remember Tim Duncan for as long as the NBA exists. He is quite possibly the best PF to ever play the game, certainly the most successful. Saying Duncan was never a superstar? Come on.

2x MVP
4 Rings
3 Finals MVPs
9x all NBA 1st team
ROY
13 time All-Star
13x All Defensive team
Only player to ever make All NBA Team and All Defensive Team in 1st 13 seasons.

Yep, never a superstar.:rolleyes:

sorry i stand corrected. he is a superstar. what i was trying to say, he won't get talked about like a superstar.

ghettosean
08-30-2012, 11:03 AM
Never really thought of Rose in leaving Chicago. Somehow I think he'll stay there long-term.
He's already been quoted as saying that he will never leave Chicago I'm pretty sure it was "I'll never leave Chicago... NEVER" (Lebron said the samething on the cavs but said he would never leave until he won a championship but I think Rose is more trust worthy than that trashball).

Unless Chicago trades him dude will never leave!

koreancabbage
08-30-2012, 11:07 AM
Well on PSD's top 50 list, he's currently ranked 10th all time (ahead of Malone), and is the 1st PF on the list. I know that list isn't like an "official" list, but its a good showing of where he already ranks. Let us know anyone around Duncan in that list that you don't consider a superstar.

well of all those stars, I think he is most under appreciated. Globally, his star isn't that big. He's only big in America.

His star and brand name, globally, will never be as great as the current stars right now, like Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Rose, imo

effen5
08-30-2012, 02:25 PM
sorry i stand corrected. he is a superstar. what i was trying to say, he won't get talked about like a superstar.

This makes more sense.

effen5
08-30-2012, 02:28 PM
well of all those stars, I think he is most under appreciated. Globally, his star isn't that big. He's only big in America.

His star and brand name, globally, will never be as great as the current stars right now, like Durant, Kobe, Lebron, Wade, Rose, imo

Which really is a shame, Duncan should have been the face of the NBA the last decade.

Rose and Durant has the same demeanor as Duncan though, they always both say the right things, are usually quiet, the only difference between Duncan and Durant/Rose is their game which.

effen5
08-30-2012, 02:28 PM
He's already been quoted as saying that he will never leave Chicago I'm pretty sure it was "I'll never leave Chicago... NEVER" (Lebron said the samething on the cavs but said he would never leave until he won a championship but I think Rose is more trust worthy than that trashball).

Unless Chicago trades him dude will never leave!

Its funny you say that because I heard Rose say in an interview they only way he would leave is if he gets traded lol.

JordansBulls
08-30-2012, 10:40 PM
It might if the bulls front office cant find another star.

Only possible places would be LA or NY. And we know he can't go to LA since Dwight is there and they both have Adidas.;)

Dade County
08-31-2012, 01:15 AM
Only possible places would be LA or NY. And we know he can't go to LA since Dwight is there and they both have Adidas.;)

lol

koreancabbage
08-31-2012, 09:25 AM

exactly LOL

He would be amazing anywhere. I want him in a big market so i can watch his games