PDA

View Full Version : Javale McGee

SaimuKala
08-20-2012, 04:18 PM
Can he become a top 5-10 center this year if he gets 25-35 MPG?

EDUTEXANS
08-20-2012, 06:10 PM
Yes. I think he has potential to be even better, be a top-5 center, maybe not this season, but if he can get his head straight he has the tools to be a beast.

THE MTL
08-20-2012, 06:13 PM
Lol i think he is already a top 10 center by default. There's only about 10 of them in the league

JNoel
08-20-2012, 06:22 PM
He's in the top 5 center imo

SaimuKala
08-20-2012, 06:26 PM
There is a chance actually that he can win DPOY award if he can average 12pts 12 reb 3 blk

SaimuKala
08-20-2012, 06:46 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2YkRm2VjT0

Lakerhead4ever
08-20-2012, 06:55 PM
Can he become a top 5-10 center this year if he gets 25-35 MPG?

my answer is yes.

but your sig is the best yet. i just wish nash wanst smiling lol

SeoulBeatz
08-20-2012, 06:59 PM
Yes. He's dumb as bricks, and I know he gets bashed alot, but you can't deny he is a freak athlete. He is extremely coordinated for a big man, he has great length and size, combine that with a 38+ inch vert and he has all the physical tools to be a factor in the post.

Sometimes I think he's too athletic for his own good, choosing to go with flair over substance on most occasions. But working with the best fundamental C of all time in The Dream can only help his game.

I expect big things from him this season.

Two-3
08-20-2012, 09:47 PM
Absolutely.

DenButsu
08-21-2012, 02:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q2YkRm2VjT0

I made a slow motion version using some of ^that. :cool:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4wCvj8Bbow

SB, I think JaVale gets a bad rap for being "dumb". He has made some gloriously ridiculous mistakes to be sure, but combine them all into a single blooper reel and it comprises about 5 minutes of the 5800+ he's played in his career. He grew up with a pro baller for a mom, and good a good education from her. And he certainly comes across as being reasonably intelligent in his interviews (despite being somewhat clownish in general off the court). He's certainly not, say, J.R. Smith stupid.

Even the question of his basketball IQ is still somewhat open, imo (although there's a stronger case to be made there). If you look at how much progress he made from the time of the trade to the end of the regular season, and then again just within the space of his first seven playoff games, he sure seems to have an aptitude for improving his game and learning better fundamentals, given that he's in an organizational culture with better coaching that gives him a more clearly defined role.

Will training with Hakeem and going through the proper training camp process with the Nuggets be the magic that firmly sets him on course to be one of the league's best bigs? Well, the jury will be out on that until we can see what he has to show for all that, of course. Obviously as a Nuggets fan that's what I'm hoping for.

But trying to be realistic, I think a reasonable, cautiously optimistic goal for him in the upcoming season should be just to pin down his fundamentals, develop a couple reliable go-to post moves, work on his post defense (as opposed to just swatting at everything that moves), and establish good chemistry with his teammates. If he can just make some progress in those areas, even if it's somewhat of a lateral season statistically, I think he'll have positioned himself to really become a player to reckon with in the 2013-14 season.

Ezio
08-21-2012, 02:34 AM
I like him, if he just get his stuff together he should be a very good C in this league. But watching him trying so hard to get his triple dub against the Bulls was a good laugh.