PDA

View Full Version : Best-Worst-Realistic scenarios for each team

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 03:34 PM
Team: Best scenario/ Worst Scenario / realistic.

Celtics: RING / 1st round exit / East finals.
Nets: East Finals/1nd Round Exit / 2nd ROund exit.
Knicks: East Finals/Miss playoffs barely/ 1st Round Exit.
sixers: 2d Round exit/ Mid Lottery / 1st round exit.
Raptors: 1st round exit/ lottery/ Mid Lotto.
Pacers:East Finals/ 1st round exit/ 2nd round exit.
Bulls: East Finals / Mid Lottery / 1st Round exit ( rose wont be 100%)
Pistons: 1st round exit/ Lottery / Mid Lottery.
Cavs: 1st round exit/Lottery / Mid Lottery.
Bucks: Mid lottery/ Bottom 2 on east / Lottery.
Heat: RING/ 2nd round exit/ Nba Finals win or lose
Hawks:2nd round exit/Lottery/ 1st round exit.
Wizards:1st round exit/Lottery / Mid Lottery.
Magic:Mid lottery/ bottom of east/ Lottery.
Bobcats: mid lottery / bottom of the league/ Lottery.

Lakers: RING/2nd round exit / Nba FInals win or lose
CLippers: W finals/ 1st round exit / 2nd round exit.
Warriors: 2nd round exit/ Mid lotto / 1st round exit
Kings: 1st round/ Lotto / Mid lotto
Suns: 1st round/ Lotto/ Mid Lotto
Thunder: RING/ 2nd round/ Nba finals win or lose.
Nuggets: 2nd round/ mid lotto/ First round.
Wolves: 2nd Round/ MId lotto / First round.
Blazers: 2nd round / Lotto / Mid Lotto
Jazz: Mid lotto / bottom 3 west/ Lotto
Mavs: 2nd round / mid lotto / First round.
Spurs: West finals/1st round / second round.
Grizzlies: West Finals/ Mid lotto / second round.
Hornets:1st round/ bottom 3 west/ Lotto.
Rockets: bottom 5 league/ Bottom of league/ 2nd worst league.

Waht bout you?

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 03:39 PM
Every team last place in the nba as worst case. Every team winning championship as best case.

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 03:41 PM
Every team last place in the nba as worst case. Every team winning championship as best case.

Except that the bobcats will NEVER win the ring with their roster and the Thunder will NEVER end last.

Teams have a level that they can overachieve some and underachieve some.

McPeak92
08-20-2012, 03:45 PM
so even in the sixers absolute best case scenerio they will not be able to beat the Nets/Knicks/Pacers/Bulls in the 2nd round? I disagree.

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 03:48 PM
so even in the sixers absolute best case scenerio they will not be able to beat the Nets/Knicks/Pacers/Bulls in the 2nd round? I disagree.

They wont beat Celtics or Heat , who will be the 1st and second seed.

McPeak92
08-20-2012, 03:51 PM
They could beat the Celtics in a 7 game series. Even Doc Rivers knows they don't have an answer for Bynum.

Guppyfighter
08-20-2012, 03:51 PM

Sixers match up extremely well with the Celtics and if they face eachother again in the playoffs expect the home team to lose in six or win in seven.

xnick5757
08-20-2012, 03:52 PM
Sixers match up extremely well with the Celtics and if they face eachother again in the playoffs expect the home team to lose in six or win in seven.

not really

seikou8
08-20-2012, 03:53 PM
so only celtics and thunder heat and lakers have a shot at the finals according to you

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 03:53 PM
They could beat the Celtics in a 7 game series. Even Doc Rivers knows they don't have an answer for Bynum.

Bynum :rolleyes:.
Lets see

1 if he decides to play every game or instead goes on taking game off in wich he doesnt care.

2 is able to learn how to face a double team.

3 is able to be effective being the "franchise" player after years of comfortable play with Kobe and Pau taking the responsability.

4 His knees hold.

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 03:54 PM
so only celtics and thunder heat and lakers have a shot at the finals according to you

Basically.

Maybe one or two of them may crap their pants and not make the west/east finals.

But the remaining ones will beat any surprise team that sneaks in conference finals.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2012, 04:08 PM
not bad Crooner

To anyone saying best case and worst case should be the same for everyone, you have to be joking.

dhopisthename
08-20-2012, 04:12 PM
the jazz's best case is mid lotto after making the playoffs last year?

StarvingKnick22
08-20-2012, 04:20 PM
Wow you really hate the knicks. the nets havent even made the playoffs and theyre suppose to have a second round exit?

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 04:22 PM
Wow you really hate the knicks. the nets havent even made the playoffs and theyre suppose to have a second round exit?

I hate my second favourite team? :rolleyes:

Im jsut realistic.

StarvingKnick22
08-20-2012, 04:27 PM
worst list ever, the Jazz were in the playoffs and they can make it again, Bucks have a shot at the playoffs actually, the wolves only sucked without Rubio, the mavs can make the playoffs, hornets can atleast do better, AND you underrate the hell out of the Warriors & Knicks.

StarvingKnick22
08-20-2012, 04:31 PM
I hate my second favourite team? :rolleyes:

Im jsut realistic.

thats not realistic. whats realistic is that you want to impress the haters, whats realistic is that the nets wont make that much noise, whats realistic is the you might not know a spic of basketball, whats realistic is that many people are just depressing.

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 04:33 PM
thats not realistic. whats realistic is that you want to impress the haters, whats realistic is that the nets wont make that much noise, whats realistic is the you might not know a spic of basketball, whats realistic is that many people are just depressing.

Nets have a much more balanced roster than Knicks.
Sad, but true.

Devils05
08-20-2012, 04:38 PM
How is it realistic to have 9 teams in the playoff in the West?

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 04:41 PM
How is it realistic to have 9 teams in the playoff in the West?

Being realistic doesnt mean All of them will match their realistic goal, some will underachieve and some will Overachieve.

DPineda85
08-20-2012, 04:50 PM
Rather than complain about his list, why don't you guys post your own list of best/worst/realistic scenarios. Obviously these are just HIS opinions and is asking for yours. Some of you just like to complain about everything.

Cal827
08-20-2012, 04:54 PM
I think the Raptors worst case Scenario is mid-lotto. Cause then, their pick (4 and below to 15 I think) would go to Houston this year lol

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 05:00 PM
I think the Raptors worst case Scenario is mid-lotto. Cause then, their pick (4 and below to 15 I think) would go to Houston this year lol

Yeah well, obviously from their perspectiv e actually the bst case scnerario for some teams is guetting the 1st pick, but thats not the point of this, just see where they can end :D

Toastyy
08-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Overrate the celtics much, no way they get a ring second round exit is realistic, BC would be east finals

StarvingKnick22
08-20-2012, 05:07 PM
Nets have a much more balanced roster than Knicks.
Sad, but true.

thy only have 1 good player, Crash is trash, JJ sucked last season, Lopez cant even rebound, and the kardashian is no way better than stoudemire:
Felton/Williams- Williams wins
JR Smith or Brewer/JJ- tie
Melo- Wallace- Melo
Stat/Kardashian- Stat
Tyson/Lopez- tyson
4/5 for the knicks.

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 05:11 PM
thy only have 1 good player, Crash is trash, JJ sucked last season, Lopez cant even rebound, and the kardashian is no way better than stoudemire:
Melo- Wallace- Melo
Stat/Kardashian- Stat
Tyson/Lopez- tyson
4/5 for the knicks.

You dont quite get that Basket is a TEAM game.

EDUTEXANS
08-20-2012, 06:07 PM
I think you have the Rockets way too low. I'm trying not to be a homer, but do you really think the Rockets are the second worst team in the league right now? and the best scenario is bottom 5?

I think the best scenario is 9-11 seed in the West, worst scenario is last in the WEST and realistic is 13 seed in the WEST. Of course, the best scenario would actually be the worst, since I do rather the Rockets to be the last in the conference than a 10 seed and have a lower draft pick.

SirDJ
08-20-2012, 06:14 PM
Melo- Wallace- Melo
Stat/Kardashian- Stat
Tyson/Lopez- tyson
4/5 for the knicks.

:eyebrow: Joe Johnson is leaps above JR Smith. Don't be blinded by his contract

More realistically the list should look like this
Felton<<<Williams
Smith<<Johnson
Melo>>Wallace
Stat>>Hump
Tyson=Lopez (Id much rather have Chandler however)

Keep in mind I hate both of these teams and this is no way to compare which team is better. But your analysis was way too biased. And while Melo and stat are both much better than wallace and hump individually, that doesn't mean jacked **** if they can't play together. Overall, i think both teams will be good, and both with the POTENTIAL to make the EC finals... but thats really a crapshoot between the Celts, Pacers, Sixers, Knicks, and Nets to go against the heat if you ask me. And the EC finals should be each of those teams best case scenarios

Hawkeye15
08-20-2012, 06:15 PM

Funny, most outside fans, and experts, think the Nets and Knicks are going to finish around the same. Only their fan bases seem to think their team is clearly better than the other.

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 06:16 PM
I think you have the Rockets way too low. I'm trying not to be a homer, but do you really think the Rockets are the second worst team in the league right now? and the best scenario is bottom 5?

I think the best scenario is 9-11 seed in the West, worst scenario is last in the WEST and realistic is 13 seed in the WEST. Of course, the best scenario would actually be the worst, since I do rather the Rockets to be the last in the conference than a 10 seed and have a lower draft pick.

No.

But they have too many youngsters, and too many new pieces to adjust to playing togheter.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2012, 06:17 PM

Fair enough. Some of you are being a bit hard on the OP, he did all 32 teams with 3 scenarios. Can't get every single one exactly right, the list is better the most the garbage I see up here. One thing that worries me about the Rockets is they seriously have nobody who can explode for 25 a night for any length of time in the slightest. They will struggle to score, so their defense will need to be tough as nails. Expect a LOT of turnovers with Lin and a bunch of 1-2nd year players getting a lot of burn.

Avenged
08-20-2012, 06:19 PM

Just make your own then. That's what this thread is for.

EDUTEXANS
08-20-2012, 06:35 PM
No.

But they have too many youngsters, and too many new pieces to adjust to playing togheter.

that's why I think their best scenario can be much better than the one you thought. If two of their 4 rookies pan out, Lin and Asik play what they're expected to and Parsons continues to improve, they can be a bordeline playoff team, basically the same they have been for the last three years. Of course, thing can go the other way and they finish worst in the conference, bu even so I don't think they can go worst than Charlotte and Orlando.

Fair enough. Some of you are being a bit hard on the OP, he did all 32 teams with 3 scenarios. Can't get every single one exactly right, the list is better the most the garbage I see up here.
that's why I only talked about the Rockets, my team.

One thing that worries me about the Rockets is they seriously have nobody who can explode for 25 a night for any length of time in the slightest. They will struggle to score, so their defense will need to be tough as nails. Expect a LOT of turnovers with Lin and a bunch of 1-2nd year players getting a lot of burn.
Let's see what happens to Martin, i don't expect the Rockets to tank, but I do expect them to give the rookies and sophomores the more time they can, Martin and Lamb will probably share time at SG, with Martin playing a little SF too. Being the best player, with decent playing time in a contract year for him, I can see finishing the season (if he doesn't get dealt) with 20-23 points a night.

DR_1
08-20-2012, 06:39 PM
Lol at bulls being a 1st round exit

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Lol at bulls being a 1st round exit

acls.

You "come back" in 9 moths to a year

You COME BACK in around 18 months.

CHicago needs 100% rose, and that is not happening until 2013-14 season.

Wolves are in the same boat.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2012, 07:35 PM
Let's see what happens to Martin, i don't expect the Rockets to tank, but I do expect them to give the rookies and sophomores the more time they can, Martin and Lamb will probably share time at SG, with Martin playing a little SF too. Being the best player, with decent playing time in a contract year for him, I can see finishing the season (if he doesn't get dealt) with 20-23 points a night.

McHale hates Martin. His lackluster defense, his inability to score off the dribble anymore, and the non-rip thru call killed Martin's career.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2012, 07:36 PM
acls.

You "come back" in 9 moths to a year

You COME BACK in around 18 months.

CHicago needs 100% rose, and that is not happening until 2013-14 season.

Wolves are in the same boat.

Wolves are in the same boat, but with a player who did it much earlier, and doesn't rely on pure explosiveness, and is not the teams best player at all.

Knicks21
08-20-2012, 07:53 PM
You dont quite get that Basket is a TEAM game.

Which the nets have not proven yet...

We are all making the assumption that they will 'gel' together like its simple, its not.

John Walls Era
08-20-2012, 07:59 PM
#Crooner4Lyfe

Hardaway Here
08-20-2012, 08:08 PM
Rather than complain about his list, why don't you guys post your own list of best/worst/realistic scenarios. Obviously these are just HIS opinions and is asking for yours. Some of you just like to complain about everything.

This I wish people would just post their opinions and leave it at that no one is ever going to fully agree on any topic period

Gritz
08-20-2012, 08:10 PM
Everyone is scrutinizing the OP's list but don't want to make a list of their own

EDUTEXANS
08-20-2012, 09:08 PM
McHale hates Martin. His lackluster defense, his inability to score off the dribble anymore, and the non-rip thru call killed Martin's career.

But what is he gonna do? Send Martin to the D-League? If Martin is in the roster, he will get 25-30 minutes a game.

Mr.Nate30
08-20-2012, 09:35 PM
Spurs best case is ring.

Hellcrooner
08-20-2012, 10:31 PM
Wolves are in the same boat, but with a player who did it much earlier, and doesn't rely on pure explosiveness, and is not the teams best player at all.

Today? Probably not.

In two years if all goes well? we will see bout that.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 10:49 PM

this, rubio probably wont be affected as much as most players would. It's not like he'll lose his playmaking skills and court vision. I see it hurting him defensively for a while though. Rubio is one of the best defenders at the point in the league. Rose will have a tough time getting back to form imo

Cracka2HI!
08-20-2012, 11:59 PM
I like the list Croon Dog! This is as good of a thread as we've seen around here in weeks!!

itsbeefy11
08-21-2012, 06:50 PM
pretty shoddy that the nets, with no experience as a unit, are making a second round exit... knicks only a first round drop out? c'mon man.....

Vampirate
08-21-2012, 06:55 PM
Honestly the best case scenario for any team that can make the playoffs is to win the championship.

The best case scenario for any team that has no chance at making the playoffs is to win the NBA Draft Lottery.