PDA

View Full Version : Terry guarantees title

Mckphins
08-20-2012, 05:42 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19830176/jason-terry-guarantees-boston-celtics-will-win-2013-nba-title

Steelers23_06
08-20-2012, 05:55 AM
i saw this...pure ridiculousness. but hey i thought the same thing when he got his tat in the first place on dallas after i had nothing but respect went out got the tat and did everything he could to make it come true...even to a player from the team that beat us in the finals i give props.

faridk89
08-20-2012, 05:56 AM
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/eye-on-basketball/19830176/jason-terry-guarantees-boston-celtics-will-win-2013-nba-title

false

Evolution23
08-20-2012, 06:12 AM
Not happening

JasonJohnHorn
08-20-2012, 06:32 AM
I'd like to see a Boston/Spurs final. That would be pretty sweet.

3ballbomber
08-20-2012, 06:51 AM
i respect Jason Terry & he does make Celts a tougher team. It will just be weird to see him on the floor w/out Dirk

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 07:14 AM
Hey, I doubted him the first time, and it wont happen again. This is my point is following what the media says. No one would have guessed Lebron was going to do that in the finals. So **** just doesnt happen the way everyone thinks everytime. That's why it is never outlandish to say a player can replace another player, cause you never know, unless the player is just not even a good player.

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 07:15 AM
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
ther not even going to win their division title

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 07:20 AM
He can proudly wear the title of "Loser" when the Heat beat the Celtics for the third straight year. :)

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 07:26 AM
He can proudly wear the title of "Loser" when the Heat beat the Celtics for the third straight year. :)

hell yeah in the first round :D

dodie53
08-20-2012, 07:38 AM
madness. hehe

Bulls_fan90
08-20-2012, 08:01 AM

Last time he said this he took a giant dump on Miami in the Finals. I wouldn't be so confident..

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 08:02 AM
Last time he said this he took a giant dump on Miami in the Finals. I wouldn't be so confident..

I don't see Dirk Nowitzki on the Celtics.

Heediot
08-20-2012, 08:05 AM
He has all the right in the world to talk.

Bulls_fan90
08-20-2012, 08:06 AM
I don't see Dirk Nowitzki on the Celtics.

KG says hi :)

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 08:08 AM
KG says hi, I've lost to your team two years in a row. Ready to make it 3? :)

Fixed. :)

Bulls_fan90
08-20-2012, 08:10 AM
Fixed. :)

Anything is possible. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk)

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 08:19 AM
Anything is possible. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Wcz_kDCBTBk)

It's possible if LeBron and Wade are injured.

sixer04fan
08-20-2012, 08:23 AM
It's possible if LeBron and Wade are injured.

Exactly... And Durant. And Westbrook. And Kobe, Dwight, etc... They're going to need some help.

jp611
08-20-2012, 08:40 AM
Boston took Miami to 7 games this year and upgraded their roster big time... How is it so far fetched that they beat Miami? Remember Miami fans you had all the pieces fall in place for you last year... You're not as dominant as you want to believe

SteBO
08-20-2012, 08:57 AM
Boston took Miami to 7 games this year and upgraded their roster big time... How is it so far fetched that they beat Miami? Remember Miami fans you had all the pieces fall in place for you last year... You're not as dominant as you want to believe
If by that, you mean actually get healthy for less than half of remaining playoff run, then yeah I agree with you. Not to mention Miami upgraded their roster as well.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 08:59 AM

I recall Bosh missing games, and Wade not being entirely healthy, either. And how exactly did all the pieces fall together?

StinkEye
08-20-2012, 09:03 AM
go ahead and tattoo another trophy on yourself then

jp611
08-20-2012, 09:05 AM
If by that, you mean actually get healthy for less than half of remaining playoff run, then yeah I agree with you. Not to mention Miami upgraded their roster as well.

Of course they did, and they're still the favorites but to laugh them off the court is disrespectful and the Heat are clearly beatable, fans need to stop acting like Miamis a dynasty now cuz they won one championship on a shortened season

SteBO
08-20-2012, 09:14 AM
Of course they did, and they're still the favorites but to laugh them off the court is disrespectful and the Heat are clearly beatable, fans need to stop acting like Miamis a dynasty now cuz they won one championship on a shortened season
They've said that? I dunno about that because I've heard a good chunk of the fanbase pay respect to the Celtics. Trust me, Boston has the fanbases' attention in the east. No doubt about it.

koreancabbage
08-20-2012, 09:38 AM

i think they will

koreancabbage
08-20-2012, 09:41 AM

blah blah blah. bottom line- Boston still loss. Philly took Celts to 7 games, and since Philly upgrade their team, does that mean Philly will beat Celtics too? not too far fetched Celtics will get knocked out by Philly this time around if standings were the same as last year - yea I can play that game too

Raps18-19 Champ
08-20-2012, 09:41 AM
At least he believes.

kdspurman
08-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Terry's running his mouth never ceases to amaze me. He'll fit in just fine on the Celtics lol.

asandhu23
08-20-2012, 09:49 AM
confidence is nice but this is ridiculous.

Green_Monster
08-20-2012, 09:58 AM

:laugh2:

He crushed the Heat the last time he said it.

Green_Monster
08-20-2012, 10:00 AM
I recall Bosh missing games, and Wade not being entirely healthy, either. And how exactly did all the pieces fall together?

I recall Bradley, Green, and Wilcox being injured.

Also, if you count Wade's injury, then we'll count Pierce and Allen's.

KnicksR4Real
08-20-2012, 10:13 AM
THis time it aint happening

asoto511
08-20-2012, 10:15 AM
Didn't like this little idiot when he was a Mav, hate hispunk ***** even more now that he is a Celtic. I respect the ish out of his game, but to guarantee a title when their conference run will have to go through the likes of the Heat, Philly, Chicago, New York, etc, well....that's just stupid. THe Thunder have an easier path to the Finals (Only the Lakers and Spurs hold real threat) and you don't see Harden or Ibaka guarantee-ing anything. Eff Jason Terry. He belongs in green. I hop he gets injured in camp and never ends up wearing that jersey, then he can tell me how that gay ***** tattoo worked out for him...OK, I think I vented enough for a monday morning. Salutations. #BuckFoston

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 10:36 AM

He's trying to say that rose being hurt let us get to the finals. Im not even sure the bulls at full health would have gotten by Boston.

netsgiantsyanks
08-20-2012, 10:38 AM

it's called confidence.

netsgiantsyanks
08-20-2012, 10:39 AM
Didn't like this little idiot when he was a Mav, hate hispunk ***** even more now that he is a Celtic. I respect the ish out of his game, but to guarantee a title when their conference run will have to go through the likes of the Heat, Philly, Chicago, New York, etc, well....that's just stupid. THe Thunder have an easier path to the Finals (Only the Lakers and Spurs hold real threat) and you don't see Harden or Ibaka guarantee-ing anything. Eff Jason Terry. He belongs in green. I hop he gets injured in camp and never ends up wearing that jersey, then he can tell me how that gay ***** tattoo worked out for him...OK, I think I vented enough for a monday morning. Salutations. #BuckFoston

maybe a bit of a confidence boost for his team?

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-20-2012, 10:46 AM
i respect Jason Terry & he does make Celts a tougher team. It will just be weird to see him on the floor w/out Dirk

Why? He started off his career in ATL without Dirk. I don't see the big deal of that Dirk and Terry connection tbh. :shrug:

mamba24
08-20-2012, 10:47 AM

it only went seven cuz bosh was out for most of the series. boston will not beat miami

Knick_Fever
08-20-2012, 10:54 AM

unlikely, Boston has dramatically improved. Ray's ankles are too shot to make a difference at this point of his career. Celtics vastly improved with a combination of addition and subtraction. If it took 7 games for Miami to beat Boston last year, expect the Celtics to advance next year.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 10:55 AM
I recall Bradley, Green, and Wilcox being injured.

Also, if you count Wade's injury, then we'll count Pierce and Allen's.

Lol none of those guys compare to Wade and Bosh.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 11:00 AM
unlikely, Boston has dramatically improved. Ray's ankles are too shot to make a difference at this point of his career. Celtics vastly improved with a combination of addition and subtraction. If it took 7 games for Miami to beat Boston last year, expect the Celtics to advance next year.

Yeah, ok. And I bet the Knicks are gonna win it all, too.

Knick_Fever
08-20-2012, 11:07 AM
Why? He started off his career in ATL without Dirk. I don't see the big deal of that Dirk and Terry connection tbh. :shrug:

Thats probably the most ridiculous and inaccurate statement Ive heard. The Dirk and Terry tandem was the main reason they were able to win the title. They were on the same team for most of they're career and couldn't brought Dallas as much success over the years without they're established chemistry.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 11:08 AM
He's trying to say that rose being hurt let us get to the finals. Im not even sure the bulls at full health would have gotten by Boston.

they would have gotten by boston, but they still wouldnt have beat miami. They match up good against boston. Bulls literally had no chance against the heat.

Knick_Fever
08-20-2012, 11:09 AM

I didnt say that. A little insecure and oversensitive arent we?

lavilevi23

Lol

BobbyHillSwag

depends who the refs favor. If Stern wants knicks, he'll get knicks. Too bad he doesnt want the knicks to win.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 11:13 AM
depends who the refs favor. If Stern wants knicks, he'll get knicks. Too bad he doesnt want the knicks to win.

Knick fans never cease to make me laugh. lol

HeaTxRipZz
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
Knick fans never cease to make me laugh. lol

He isn't a Knick fan though lol atleast I've never seen him around our parts of the message board

sp1derm00
08-20-2012, 12:07 PM
The only problem I see with this is that Miami is younger and has improved with the addition of Ray Allen.

Boston made sort of a lateral move with Terry replacing Ray Allen.

Vinny642
08-20-2012, 02:06 PM
UH OH! Celtics time!

COOLbeans
08-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Confidence. Respect.

albertajaysfan
08-20-2012, 03:09 PM
The only problem I see with this is that Miami is younger and has improved with the addition of Ray Allen.

Boston made sort of a lateral move with Terry replacing Ray Allen.

Miami is younger compared to Boston or themselves from last season? Not sure which you mean. Only one I would agree with, being younger then Boston.

Miami only maybe upgraded. They are counting on Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen. If Ray Allen recovers from injuries he gives them a solid shooter but Ray Lewis is a huge question mark. I don't think they upgraded as much as people think.

Boston get some key players back from injury in their front court as well as the addition of Jared Sullinger. He has a very refined scoring game. He doesn't have the athletecism that some players do but he can score. And if he can be average defensively scoring is what Boston need to add. Terry is also younger then Allen without the recurring ankle problems. I would say he proves to be more of an upgrade then a lateral move.

Boston is actually the team that got younger I believe.

Lakers + Giants
08-20-2012, 03:19 PM

So the Nets are? Cuz it sure as hell won't be the Knicks.

JordansBulls
08-20-2012, 03:22 PM

If it were to happen last year would have been the time.

Sadds The Gr8
08-20-2012, 03:24 PM
go ahead and tattoo another trophy on yourself then

he did, with the Celtic logo holding it.

HeaTxRipZz
08-20-2012, 03:24 PM
So the Nets are? Cuz it sure as hell won't be the Knicks.

Sure the worse team would huh?

ryang
08-20-2012, 03:28 PM
Miami is younger compared to Boston or themselves from last season? Not sure which you mean. Only one I would agree with, being younger then Boston.

Miami only maybe upgraded. They are counting on Rashard Lewis and Ray Allen. If Ray Allen recovers from injuries he gives them a solid shooter but Ray Lewis is a huge question mark. I don't think they upgraded as much as people think.

Boston get some key players back from injury in their front court as well as the addition of Jared Sullinger. He has a very refined scoring game. He doesn't have the athletecism that some players do but he can score. And if he can be average defensively scoring is what Boston need to add. Terry is also younger then Allen without the recurring ankle problems. I would say he proves to be more of an upgrade then a lateral move.

Boston is actually the team that got younger I believe.

No were not.. They are just added pieces to a championship team and 2 time defending eastern conference champs.. Ray will be fine now that he isnt going to come off 14 screens in a row.. and reshad lewis could pan out if not battier and haslem will be at the 4 anyways..

They better get younger.. There core and most important players are now a year older..

Let him gurantee all he wants.. Until someone in the east knocks the Heat off they will be favored to win the east for the 3rd year in a row..

SportsFanatic10
08-20-2012, 05:37 PM

how do you know this? he shot a career high from 3 last regular season. he put off having the surgery for the playoffs but now has had the surgery and says hes got lots of basketball left in his legs. he'll be fine for the heat this year, ray and wade will be able to rest each other and keep each others minutes down so they're both ready for the playoffs.

now i agree that the celtics are improved and i see them as a threat. i like the courtney lee and terry moves, and having green back is good too. but garnett and peirce are another year older, and miami is better no question about it. anything can happen but expecting boston to beat miami after losing to them 2 years in a row is a little bold lol.

Lakerhead4ever
08-20-2012, 05:55 PM
celtics will be right there as usual. after what i seen in the 2010 playoffs i will never underestimate them again. plus they are younger and better. im looking forward to see them next year.

but its still **** the celtics!!

BCpatsox18
08-20-2012, 06:09 PM
why does everyone have to troll? its a GOOD thing terry thinks theyll win the championship, every player on every team from the heat to the bobcats should believe in their team. Its not like any team is SO far ahead of every other team that its a forgone conclusion. the way people talk its like every team should stay home except for the lakers and heat- theres a reason we play the season :facepalm:

BSF101
08-20-2012, 06:27 PM

That's my dream finals.

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 06:44 PM
Do you people really think the Celtics aren't contenders. I don't mind confidence and like what he said. IF KG and Pierce don't take big steps down I see them being the 2 seed.

SeoulBeatz
08-20-2012, 07:02 PM

it would certainly be a veteran battle for the ages, but boring as hell to watch.

Max.This
08-20-2012, 07:28 PM
Boston will beat Miami because of .... rajon rondo :hi5: . He absolutely goes on a tear everytime he faces the heat. This year they add a healthy avery bradley, jason terry, jeff green, and courtney lee. Even if Pierce steps down it would be the same **** as last playoffs. Miami got better a little with ray and rashard, but boston had better acquisitions.

LeBron Tha GOAT
08-20-2012, 07:39 PM
I think it's pretty stupid that he's doing this for a second time. He did it once and it worked which is unreal.. Why try your luck again. It's not as cool the next time.

ryang
08-20-2012, 08:49 PM
Boston will beat Miami because of .... rajon rondo :hi5: . He absolutely goes on a tear everytime he faces the heat. This year they add a healthy avery bradley, jason terry, jeff green, and courtney lee. Even if Pierce steps down it would be the same **** as last playoffs. Miami got better a little with ray and rashard, but boston had better acquisitions.

How's that working out so far? 2 years in a row.. Boston better make good acquisitions considering they have lost 2 years in a row and we are the defending NBA champs.. Every year we hear about boston improving yet every year they are watching MIAMI play for a title.. We got better alot better wether you want to beleive it or not.. Ray will have a bigger impact on the HEAT then terry will on the celtics.. Just watch ray stand in a corner and wait for Lebron or wade to kick the ball out to him..

LA_Raiders
08-20-2012, 09:20 PM
lol, They may make it to the NBA finals, but thats it...

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 09:34 PM
Stupid Terry, he didn't know it was ganna be LA vs Miami finals we shouldn't play the season.

Raph12
08-20-2012, 09:46 PM
Can't wait until they play the Heat.

Losoway
08-20-2012, 09:48 PM
If a miracle happens where the miami heat gets there talents switched by aliens like spacejam

the lakers will destroy the celtics .

Losoway
08-20-2012, 09:49 PM
the celtics couldnt even beat the heat with rondo playing like magic johnson last year

Clutch1
08-20-2012, 09:51 PM
How's that working out so far? 2 years in a row.. Boston better make good acquisitions considering they have lost 2 years in a row and we are the defending NBA champs.. Every year we hear about boston improving yet every year they are watching MIAMI play for a title.. We got better alot better wether you want to beleive it or not.. Ray will have a bigger impact on the HEAT then terry will on the celtics.. Just watch ray stand in a corner and wait for Lebron or wade to kick the ball out to him..

Yeah you are right, "EVERY YEAR THEY ARE WATCHING MIAMI IN THE FINALS" :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
You guys beat them twice, they have 17 championships
17>2. Have fun watching the lakers holdup the trophy in June

Clutch1
08-20-2012, 09:52 PM
The celtcis have a great chance to beat the heat this year. Will they? We will say in May. IMO neither team is beating the lakers though

JordansBulls
08-20-2012, 11:17 PM
I think it's pretty stupid that he's doing this for a second time. He did it once and it worked which is unreal.. Why try your luck again. It's not as cool the next time.

Why does it matter now?

Avenged
08-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Not a guarantee by any stretch BUT they do have a chance at one with all the new depth they've added.

It will be a very hard road though.. But then again these are just words, they mean nothing.

tonyd3b54
08-20-2012, 11:31 PM
dont argue with the heat fans. the heat are gods, only their injuries count yadayada your momma is fat.

there i just saved you some time.

MadBomber
08-20-2012, 11:40 PM
imo, most players should feel like they have chance at winning a ring, that's why you play the game. So many things can happen during a course of the season. Good on him that he believes in his team, but realistically I doubt that they will win the championship. It will probably come down to Miami vs Boston again for the ECF, with Miami beating them again.

But I do think this years team is better than the previous year only because they are getting injured players back and they made some additional acquisition to strengthen their bench.

Losoway
08-21-2012, 03:18 AM
Celtics couldnt even win with rondo playing like a goat and kg playing like semi vintage KG

:facepalm:

ryang
08-22-2012, 12:05 AM
Yeah you are right, "EVERY YEAR THEY ARE WATCHING MIAMI IN THE FINALS" :facepalm::facepalm::facepalm:
You guys beat them twice, they have 17 championships
17>2. Have fun watching the lakers holdup the trophy in June

What?? you do know how to read correct? You do understand we are talking about The Heat and celtics rivalry today right?? Yea they have all those championships they won before you were born.. Congrats :facepalm:

The past 2 years going on 3 with basically the same teams.. Stay focused.. The Lakers?? Beat OKC first.. Lakers lmao..

richiesaurus310
08-22-2012, 12:17 AM
Drug test him stern

DeyAce
08-22-2012, 12:20 AM
I like Terry's persona/mentality. "Why not us?" Similar to DRose

dc5jdm
08-22-2012, 04:53 AM
Lol stupid tattoo, celtics ain't winning anything

c.c.
08-22-2012, 05:58 AM
I don't know where Jason Terry got all this confidence from but he gonna feel so disappointed sitting at home watching the 2013 NBA finals.

heyman321
08-22-2012, 04:25 PM
I don't know where Jason Terry got all this confidence from but he gonna feel so disappointed sitting at home watching the 2013 NBA finals.

Yeah, he's an idiot. Doesn't he know it's going to be Raptors vs Timberwolves in the Finals?

Cromedome
08-22-2012, 04:47 PM
Doesn't he know that the Knicks are back?

Rivera
08-22-2012, 04:51 PM
he should think hes gonna win the title

im interested in seeing coreys response...he killed rondo for rondo thinking hes the best pg in the league (which he should think like that id hope all great players do) but is awfully quiet about these comments from terry so far which is basically the same "im the best/were the best" mind set

ArmLaker
08-22-2012, 05:03 PM
I will definately not sleep on the Celtics this season.

bostncelts34
08-22-2012, 05:11 PM
Wow, all this trolling is funny.

Anyways, are the heat the favorite to win the east? yes.
Can the celtics beat the heat and win the east? yes.
Can other teams in the east possibly win it? yes.

Thats why they play the season. It is absurd to think that Boston does not have a chance to beat Miami. Every year alot of people doubt Boston, and every year, they go beyond expectations.

MackSnackWrap
08-22-2012, 05:14 PM
Is this clown on bath salts?

leprechaun5
08-22-2012, 05:20 PM

:facepalm:

Big Zo
08-22-2012, 05:43 PM

He knows they're gonna lose in the first round again.