PDA

View Full Version : Hypothetically...if LeBron wins another ring next season, where would you rank him?

Longhornfan1234
08-20-2012, 04:19 AM
My list right now:

1. MJ
2. Wilt
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Russel
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. Kobe
9. Hakeem
10. Duncan
11. Moses
12. West
13. Big O
14. LeBron

If LeBron wins another ring, he surpasses Moses, West, and Big O. Does LeBron finally enter the top 10? Who does he knock off on your list?

bluefire7002
08-20-2012, 04:24 AM
If that did happen I just would feel right putting him ahead of Duncan just yet (with lebron having 2 rings of course).

Steelers23_06
08-20-2012, 04:27 AM
i dont agree with your list but purely going off this this list above duncan for now

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 07:22 AM
he'd be about 30

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 07:27 AM
#1 if they beat the Lakers. If that happens, he would take out Kobe, Nash, Dwight, and Pau in one series. Let's see MJ do that. :D

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 07:28 AM
the same unless he does it while wade is injured

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 07:31 AM

Too bad Scottie Pippen wasn't injured. MJ would have been the greatest of all-time. :(

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 07:31 AM

im just gonna tell you someone is probably gonna attack you for you stating your opinion. Lot of butthurt fanboys on this site.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 07:32 AM
Too bad Scottie Pippen wasn't injured. MJ would have been the greatest of all-time. :(

yea I agree, at this rate lebron only has to jump about 32 spots to catch Jordan

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 07:36 AM

to bad mj didn't have to team up with 2 other allstars to barely win one:facepalm:

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 07:39 AM
to bad mj didn't have to team up with 2 other allstars to barely win one:facepalm:

He was lucky enough to have them drafted on his team. Unfortunately LeBron isn't a GM, and can't make the call on which players he's surrounded with.

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 07:41 AM
He was lucky enough to have them drafted on his team. Unfortunately LeBron isn't a GM, and can't make the call on which players he's surrounded with.

stop making excuses you can't even put lecon in the same class a mj when he isn't even in kobe's class yet:facepalm:

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 07:48 AM
stop making excuses you can't even put lecon in the same class a mj when he isn't even in kobe's class yet:facepalm:

I never said he was there yet. And making excuses? You need a good TEAM to win. Larry Bird had Kevin Mchale, Robert Parish, Dennis Johnson, etc. Magic had Kareem, and James Worthy. Kobe rode Shaq's coattails for his first 3 championships, and then was given Pau Gasol, and now Dwight and Nash.

Are those guys ranked any lower because their superstar teammates weren't "injured"?

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 07:49 AM
Let them continue to overrate Lebron, Kobe was far better than him in his prime. Well, unless you just base things off of stats and not context. Yay STATS

ghettosean
08-20-2012, 08:01 AM
Let them continue to overrate Lebron, Kobe was far better than him in his prime. Well, unless you just base things off of stats and not context. Yay STATS
Yep people like to look at stats and judge players they have never watched before. MJ is in a completely different class than Lebron he played in a much more physical era of basketball then Lebron and well was clutch which Lebron has showed through his nine years that he wasn't consistent in clutch situations. If anyone says different I would guess there too young to have watched MJ and know what they are talking about when comparing the 2.

Apples and oranges!

superior
08-20-2012, 08:07 AM
#1 if they beat the Lakers. If that happens, he would take out Kobe, Nash, Dwight, and Pau in one series. Let's see MJ do that. :D

you wouldnt wanna see a team of jordan, wade, bosh and allen, theyd sweep the lakers with ease, stop it

Captain Moroni
08-20-2012, 08:28 AM
Lebron is around 15-20 right now.

BklynKnicks3
08-20-2012, 08:44 AM
rankin wouldnt change his rings are watered down if he won a ring if wade got hurt that would earn respect from any1 who knows anything about basketball.

h2r09
08-20-2012, 09:05 AM
rankin wouldnt change his rings are watered down if he won a ring if wade got hurt that would earn respect from any1 who knows anything about basketball.

Wade was injured all playoffs and lebron carried the heat. Bosh missed an entire series and a half and lebron carried the heat.

You are dumb.

Mave1002
08-20-2012, 09:10 AM

Toughest test, just yet. I dont see him doing it though. Not this squad. Uh Uh.

Itd be like asking water not to get wet. ;)

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 09:11 AM
Wade was injured all playoffs and lebron carried the heat. Bosh missed an entire series and a half and lebron carried the heat.

You are dumb.

no he wasn't your dumb

Mave1002
08-20-2012, 09:13 AM
you wouldnt wanna see a team of jordan, wade, bosh and allen, theyd sweep the lakers with ease, stop it

I dont think that's what he was trying to say.

SirSkyHook
08-20-2012, 09:14 AM
MJ
Magic
Bird
Kobe
Shaq
Kareem
Duncan
Mikan
Russel
Wilt
Cousey
West
Dream
Isiah
McHale
Pippen
Lerbon

If Lebron wins a second ring he leaps frog to the spot right behind Wilt.

to those who may hate my list. Wilt was a stat monster that may never be match, and Russel was the ring king, but all those before them had both great stats and rings and thats what i consider great. I dont base my list off of who would when one on one, becuase we will never know, but if i had to guess it would have to be....

Wilt
Jordan
Kareem
Dream
Kobe
Duncan
West
Bird
McHale
Lebron

superior
08-20-2012, 09:32 AM
I dont think that's what he was trying to say.

i dont think you get what i was saying.....next time if youre unsure, sit the play out

BklynKnicks3
08-20-2012, 09:34 AM

You are dumb.

wade bailed the heat out bigtime vs pacers after he had that 5 point game what the hell u talkin bout.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-20-2012, 09:40 AM
My list goes

1. Jordan
2. Magic
3. Kareem
4. Wilt
5. Russell
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. Duncan
9. Kobe
10. Hakeem
11. Lebron

If he wins 2 titles in his career, I'd probably still have him 9th. If he ends his career with 3, I'd bump him up straight to 6th. If he wins 4 in his career, he's going to 3rd, maybe 2nd.

P-O-Z
08-20-2012, 09:42 AM
Wade was injured or do you guys forget he had to get his knee drained? Played without bosh till game 5 of the ecf. Bosh and Wade weren't even 100%.

P-O-Z
08-20-2012, 09:44 AM
Also what does this thread have to do with Lebron and Jordan? This is a "where would he rank thread" , not a Kobe > Bron , MJ > Bron thread or vice versa

kdspurman
08-20-2012, 09:46 AM
i dont agree with your list but purely going off this this list above duncan for now

Yea I don't think he should leap Timmy cause he wins a 2nd ring. Especially considering Timmy would have twice as many as him.

h2r09
08-20-2012, 10:12 AM
no he wasn't your dumb

Wade wasnt injured all playofs? He had knee surgery after the year, had his knee drained in the middle of the indiana series, and didnt play against ****** teams the second half of the year because his knee was bothering him.

you are dumb.

Slug3
08-20-2012, 10:13 AM

The Bulls did have Pippen and Rodman correct?

Munkeysuit
08-20-2012, 10:16 AM
Let's all be real for a second, what we are all witnessing (no pun intended) is NBA history being made right before our very eyes. Lebron (even without another ring) will be and quite possibly already is, one of the greatest to ever play in this league.
People always be saying "well he certainly ain't no MJ" which is true, I agree 100% but what I do not agree with is the people who say that he cannot be ranked in the same class as MJ and Kobe and the likes, because of the lack of rings and titles.
Well let's just take a walk down that road for a second, now if we are ranking players based off of their titles and rings? then NO ONE TOUCHES BILL RUSSEL! NO ONE! and if this is still the case then Robert Horry is greater than MJ? I mean Horry does have 7 rings...so that just does not add up, so quit using rings to rank players!
If we are talking about points? then is Karl Malone better than MJ? I mean is Kareem better than them both? Also, does this mean Kobe is better than Bird or Magic? I do not think so!!!!! so why say that? stop that ish! it makes no sense.
The greatest ever will always be the one who impacted that era the most, how he did, may always be in question, what he did will always be the determining factor. This is why we love Jordan so much, he pretty much started all of this hoopla, he made this game go from good to great! he launched the NBA into another stratosphere single handed.
It's our own fault that these debates never end, it's also our own faults we never let go of MJ ...I think it's time to let go guys...embrace Kobe, embrace Lebron and Durant and the rest of these dudes ...lets start calling these guys greatest of our time.

Raps08-09 Champ
08-20-2012, 10:16 AM

Apparently, it's okay if the GM's trade/sign other all stars or get lucky and draft someone who will turn out good but it's bad if the best player is the one moving in transaction. Because apparently, there's some unwritten rule that the best player should never be the one moving and it's the secondary stars that go to the best player in the world.

Completely unfair but that's how some idiots here think.

h2r09
08-20-2012, 10:18 AM
People act as if players should knowingly put themselves in a worse position for the sake of their "legacy"

What sense does that make? Shouldnt anybody in any walk of life put themselves in the best position where they can succeed at their job?

BklynKnicks3
08-20-2012, 10:38 AM
People act as if players should knowingly put themselves in a worse position for the sake of their "legacy"

What sense does that make? Shouldnt anybody in any walk of life put themselves in the best position where they can succeed at their job?

not at all just dont join ur competition join them u fkin coward lebron. That is the biggest coward move in the history of sports it funny how people act suprised heat won how can they not

h2r09
08-20-2012, 10:44 AM
not at all just dont join ur competition join them u fkin coward lebron. That is the biggest coward move in the history of sports it funny how people act suprised heat won how can they not

you are dumb. he wants to win more than anything in the world, but he should want to get as bad a team as possible to make it harder on himself so he doesnt join people who are also good?

you are a moron and you're whole argument is based on you being a knicks fan who knows your team is now irrelevant because of his decision.

C-Style
08-20-2012, 10:56 AM
1.Jordan
2.Kareem
3.Magic
4.Russell
5.Wilt
6.Bird
7.Shaq
8.Kobe
9.Duncan
10.Hakeem
11.LeBron

I think 11th, He would have as many as the dream but I give the edge to Hakeem because he was a 1 man team and was superior on both ends of the floor.

But that is still good for Lebron, 3 will put him in the convo with Kobe, Shaq and Duncan.

Da Knicks
08-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Lebron tarnished his legacy the day he joined Wade imo he would have to trade teams again and win one as the underdog..

C-Style
08-20-2012, 10:57 AM
1.Jordan
2.Kareem
3.Magic
4.Russell
5.Wilt
6.Bird
7.Shaq
8.Kobe
9.Duncan
10.Hakeem
11.LeBron

I think 11th, He would have as many as the dream but I give the edge to Hakeem because he was a 1 man team and was superior on both ends of the floor.

But that is still good for Lebron, 3 will put him in the convo with Kobe, Shaq & Bird.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 11:02 AM
Notice how it's mostly Knick fans that are still saying he tarnished his legacy. Get ready to take it up the *** for the next 7+ years, you bastards. lol

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 11:06 AM
Notice how it's mostly Knick fans that are still saying he tarnished his legacy. Get ready to take it up the *** for the next 7+ years, you bastards. lol

It wont matter yall wont be winning anymore championships. Btw I dont believe he tarnished his legacy. Whatever the media says the sheeple will follow. So as long as the media says he didnt tarnish his legacy then his legacy isnt tarnished.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 11:11 AM
It wont matter yall wont be winning anymore championships. Btw I dont believe he tarnished his legacy. Whatever the media says the sheeple will follow. So as long as the media says he didnt tarnish his legacy then his legacy isnt tarnished.

10 months later... "Heat win back to back championships! LeBron James leads Miami over heavily favored Lakers, as he captures his second straight Finals MVP. PSD Poster BobbyHillSwag seen with both his thumbs shoved where the sun don't shine." :)

RaiderLakersA's
08-20-2012, 11:13 AM
Definitely top 30 player and on the rise.

kingkenny01
08-20-2012, 11:14 AM
A more interesting question is what happens if kobe wins does he jump up to #2 or even pass jordan probably not. Lebron has a lot of career left, its hard to gauge where he will be.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 11:14 AM
Definitely top 30 player and on the rise.

this, he'll prob be in the top 30

superior
08-20-2012, 11:18 AM

7 years??? lol u think wade and allen got 7 more years left? u trippin bruh

koreancabbage
08-20-2012, 11:19 AM
Lebron tarnished his legacy the day he joined Wade imo he would have to trade teams again and win one as the underdog..

how is his legacy tarnished? people are already saying he's the best right now and could have one of the best stat filled careers of all time to go along with at least one championship and Finals MVP, multiple league MVPS.

are you strictly a hater?

superior
08-20-2012, 11:20 AM

thats a dumb comparison bruh.....wade and pippen are two completly different players, wade is asuperstar all by himself as pippen was just a an elite sidekick, and the difference between bosh and rodman offensive production is laughable....stop trying to justify a bunch of weak *** maggets who had to team up to win a ring

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 11:20 AM
7 years??? lol u think wade and allen got 7 more years left? u trippin bruh

No, but I do think LeBron does, and I do think the Knicks are gonna keep sucking.

BklynKnicks3
08-20-2012, 11:22 AM
how is his legacy tarnished? people are already saying he's the best right now and could have one of the best stat filled careers of all time to go along with at least one championship and Finals MVP, multiple league MVPS.

its the truth i hate alot of player i dont credit away from them. I hated duncan his rings legit

JordansBulls

Pippen was injured pretty much in the playoffs from 1996-1998 but just played despite being injured.

superior

i hate weak players who cant win by themselves, so they water down the game by joining their boyfriends on "superteams".....if that makes me a hater im cool with that

JordansBulls
08-20-2012, 11:23 AM

Rodman didn't make the allstar team with the Bulls and was 35-37 years old on the Bulls. Wade was the #2 guy in PER and Bosh #4 guy in PER the season before all 3 guys joined forces.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 11:23 AM
Pippen was injured pretty much in the playoffs from 1996-1998 but just played despite being injured.

Well, Wade was injured but still played also.

BklynKnicks3
08-20-2012, 11:24 AM
being a knick fan has nothing to do with it.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 11:25 AM
i hate weak players who cant win by themselves, so they water down the game by joining their boyfriends on "superteams".....if that makes me a hater im cool with that

That's right! All the great players play by themselves! The four other guys you see on the floor with them are nothing but an illusion! Bunch of pansies, I tell ya!

JordansBulls
08-20-2012, 11:25 AM

Maybe for being a top 3 player ever but he certainly can be a top 5 player ever. It's not like any of the other guys didn't leave teams in order to win or didn't have guys who won league or finals mvp on there teams.

JordansBulls
08-20-2012, 11:26 AM
Well, Wade was injured but still played also.

I know, I was just saying the Bulls were not completely healthy either.

superior
No, but I do think LeBron does, and I do think the Knicks are gonna keep sucking.

first of all im not even a knicks fan shitbird, second of all james cant win by himself we already have 7 years of evidence of that in cleveland, not to mention even with his team of superfags he "barely" got by indiana and boston, stop lyin to yourself wade will be useless in about 3 years and allen will be long gone, and bosh will be busy making his final tranformation into a dinosaur, james will yet again be left to do it on his own, which we all know he cant, thanks and bye

BklynKnicks3

wade alot better then pippen wade is a finals mvp was wrong with u people. Guy avg 34 in nba finals. No1 said bulls didnt have a good team. Your points would be correct if jordan went and joined bird or magic

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 11:27 AM
being a knick fan has nothing to do with it.

Of course it does! Being a Knicks fan makes you stupid, which, in turn, makes you say stupid things. lol

superior
08-20-2012, 11:27 AM
That's right! All the great players play by themselves! The four other guys you see on the floor with them are nothing but an illusion! Bunch of pansies, I tell ya!

if what your saying has any relevance, then why couldnt lebron get it done in cleveland, were the other 4 guys just an illusion? your point was stupid, go back to the drawing board

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 11:28 AM
wade alot better then pippen wade is a finals mvp was wrong with u people. Guy avg 34 in nba finals. No1 said bulls didnt have a good team. Your points would be correct if jordan went and joined bird or magic

yea he averaged 34 in the finals with 20 coming off of freethrows. Wade is a fraud.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 11:30 AM
first of all im not even a knicks fan shitbird, second of all james cant win by himself we already have 7 years of evidence of that in cleveland, not to mention even with his team of superfags he "barely" got by indiana and boston, stop lyin to yourself wade will be useless in about 3 years and allen will be long gone, and bosh will be busy making his final tranformation into a dinosaur, james will yet again be left to do it on his own, which we all know he cant, thanks and bye

Did I say you were a Knicks fan? In fact, did I even mention Wade and Ray Allen in the previous post you quoted me on? You can keep hating on like a butthurt little girl all you want, but my team is gonna be good for a while, so I don't give a crap.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 11:31 AM
Of course it does! Being a Knicks fan makes you stupid, which, in turn, makes you say stupid things. lol

I hate how soft this board is bro. You will probably get an infraction or whatever they call it for saying this.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 11:33 AM
if what your saying has any relevance, then why couldnt lebron get it done in cleveland, were the other 4 guys just an illusion? your point was stupid, go back to the drawing board

It's called sarcasm. The point was no one can win by themselves, as much as you'd like to believe that.

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 11:34 AM
:pity: I feel like I get dumber everytime I come in the NBA forum. I would not put him ahead of Duncan but he would be top 12-15 range IMO.

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 11:35 AM

:facepalm: Who did he have in Cleveland? Find me any player in the NBA that wins a championship with that supporting cast.

Master Mind
08-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Question: Where does Wade rank?

Since people have their panties in a bunch about Lebron joining Miami

AIMelo=KillaDUO
08-20-2012, 11:50 AM

Lol... Jordan went up against, Hakeem, Patrick Ewing, Shawn Kemp, Drexler, Magic, Bird, Shaq, Isaiah, just to name a few. Jordan would steal the ball from Nash, beat Kobe on the breakaway, give Pau a spin move then dunk on Dwight. The Knicks of the 90's the Piston's "Bad Boy's" defensivly would hold the best offensive team in today's NBA to 70 points.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 11:51 AM

Top 50

koreancabbage
08-20-2012, 11:54 AM

what do you mean? Lebron took the Cavs to the NBA Finals. he can win by himself. come on, you have to be surprised with the team he had that got to the NBA Finals with almost no business being there.

super teams have always been around- don't know why this is a new thing for you. it almost guarantees longevity, competitive wise. Some players are drafted into good scenarios while others have to get there

BklynKnicks3
08-20-2012, 11:55 AM
yea he averaged 34 in the finals with 20 coming off of freethrows. Wade is a fraud.

he is a fraud but his production is un deniable even thoe he get 10 points a game of flopping

Longhornfan1234
08-20-2012, 11:59 AM

Fringe top 50 player.

Stinkyoutsider
08-20-2012, 12:40 PM
I think Lebron should be moved up the list if he continues to have seasons like he is and throw out the "if he wins one more ring" part of it. I can't penalize Lebron if he doesn't win another title. It's a team game so if you've got the best player in the world on one team and no one else, then I can't blame it on him...

keetyweedy
08-20-2012, 12:50 PM
hypothetically three rings behind kobe...nxt thread

Sactown
08-20-2012, 12:52 PM
I love how everyone is judging Lebron on if he wins another ring or not... to me it's more about his performance. If he posts a Per 35+ and just dominates his way through the playoffs and loses in the finals, that would mean more to me than posting a Per of 20-25 and playing well and winning a title... and also I'd take a 1990-1996 Pippen over the current Wade or even Wade of the last 2 -3 years...
Wade isn't even close to the 06 Wade anymore, he's a 30+ year old player who relies on athleticism and has bad knees... Wades Prime is over let alone his peak...

Hawkeye15
08-20-2012, 01:22 PM
If LeBron is the best player in the NBA again, and leads the Heat in the playoffs to a title, I don't see how he doesn't slide into top 10 ever.

Andrew32
08-20-2012, 01:23 PM
Rings are team accomplishments.

If Lebron has a great playoffs like he did last year (win or lose) he will significantly improve his rankings for me.

Assuming he does and his supporting cast is healthy him winning another Ring is quite likely though.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2012, 01:23 PM
I love how everyone is judging Lebron on if he wins another ring or not... to me it's more about his performance. If he posts a Per 35+ and just dominates his way through the playoffs and loses in the finals, that would mean more to me than posting a Per of 20-25 and playing well and winning a title... and also I'd take a 1990-1996 Pippen over the current Wade or even Wade of the last 2 -3 years...
Wade isn't even close to the 06 Wade anymore, he's a 30+ year old player who relies on athleticism and has bad knees... Wades Prime is over let alone his peak...

Yep. While I am not saying LeBron's help isn't elite, its not what some of you make it out to be. Wade is no longer the Wade that could take over playoff series and score 40 a night at will. He is a fading star with much less explosiveness. If he doesn't return to form, his top 5 ranking is gonzo.

Andrew32
08-20-2012, 01:28 PM
Yep. While I am not saying LeBron's help isn't elite, its not what some of you make it out to be. Wade is no longer the Wade that could take over playoff series and score 40 a night at will. He is a fading star with much less explosiveness. If he doesn't return to form, his top 5 ranking is gonzo.
I think that is a bit of an extreme stance to take.
Wade was "very good" in the regular season last year (3rd in PER) despite playing lesser minutes and removing 2-3 stinkers had a pretty good playoff run playing at a high level All-Star with a few take over Super-Star type games and elite defense.

I don't think Wade has declined that much he was just hobbled last season and I think he will return to his 09-11 form next year.

ghettosean
08-20-2012, 01:40 PM
I think he's reffering to the fact that Lebron left his home town (not Akron but close enough) to join 2 other FRANCHISE players.

That's pretty weak which is why I find it hilarious that you think he's comparable to Jordan... And if he wins one more championship he's better then the best the game has ever seen :facepalm:

Sactown
08-20-2012, 01:43 PM

Wade's knees are going to continue to slow him down, and knee injuries aren't something that just "go away" I can't imagine him being in the top 5 next season unfortunately... I like Wade, but I'm not going to pretend that a 31 year old with bad knees is going to be flying down the lane throwing it down like he did a few seasons ago

JordansBulls
08-20-2012, 02:11 PM
If LeBron is the best player in the NBA again, and leads the Heat in the playoffs to a title, I don't see how he doesn't slide into top 10 ever.

Who do you knock out?

This is the common list here.

MJ
Russell
Magic
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Hakeem
Kobe
Duncan
Bird

Hawkeye15
08-20-2012, 02:18 PM
Who do you knock out?

This is the common list here.

MJ
Russell
Magic
Kareem
Wilt
Shaq
Hakeem
Kobe
Duncan
Bird

Hakeem, and Kobe probably slide, though I don't have that exact list, in that order. Duncan is on notice as well if James has another MVP season and is clearly the best player leading his team to a title, especially if its on the 30 PER and ridiculous numbers he posted this year.

UPRock
08-20-2012, 02:19 PM
Definitely top 10 if he wins another one. Why I keep seeing Knicks fans crying about his legacy? They still mad Bron didn't go there? They call LeBron a coward, yet they have a Carmelo that asked to be traded in the middle of the season, irony.

kdspurman
08-20-2012, 02:26 PM
Definitely top 10 if he wins another one. Why I keep seeing Knicks fans crying about his legacy? They still mad Bron didn't go there? They call LeBron a coward, yet they have a Carmelo that asked to be traded in the middle of the season, irony.

Who do you take out the current Top 10?

naps
08-20-2012, 02:43 PM
With another finals MVP and ring? Easily top 10.

UPRock
08-20-2012, 02:52 PM
Who do you take out the current Top 10?

Well my top ten looks like this. (My opinion)

1: Jordan.
2: Magic.
3: Russel.
4: Kareem.
5: Bird.
6: Duncan.
7: Wilt.
8: Shaq.
9: Kobe.
10: Olajuwon.

Any of the last 3, if he wins another Regular Season MVP, Finals MVP and another title everything is possible.

kdspurman
08-20-2012, 02:58 PM
Well my top ten looks like this. (My opinion)

1: Jordan.
2: Magic.
3: Russel.
4: Kareem.
5: Bird.
6: Duncan.
7: Wilt.
8: Shaq.
9: Kobe.
10: Olajuwon.

Any of the last 3, if he wins another Regular Season MVP, Finals MVP and another title everything is possible.

Fair enough. It gets really tough when it comes to questions like this and swapping out some of the all time greats with current players.

Not to mention guys like Tim/Kobe are still playing and things can always shuffle a bit.

UPRock
08-20-2012, 08:13 PM
Fair enough. It gets really tough when it comes to questions like this and swapping out some of the all time greats with current players.

Not to mention guys like Tim/Kobe are still playing and things can always shuffle a bit.

I agree with everything you've said.

bucketss
08-20-2012, 08:31 PM

arent you the guy who said wade was rodney stuckey if he didn't flop?

KnicksorBust
08-20-2012, 08:40 PM
I enjoy these discussions for guys that are past their prime and near the end of their career (Kobe-Duncan-etc.) but for a guy at his absolute peak it's a silly conversation. He's the favorite to win again this year and could easily win multiple rings/mvp's before he retires. Too soon to rank him historically.

CowboysKB24
08-20-2012, 09:00 PM
My list right now:

1. MJ
2. Wilt
3. Kareem
4. Magic
5. Russel
6. Bird
7. Shaq
8. Kobe
9. Hakeem
10. Duncan
11. Moses
12. West
13. Big O
14. LeBron

If LeBron wins another ring, he surpasses Moses, West, and Big O. Does LeBron finally enter the top 10? Who does he knock off on your list?

Honestly two rings won't impress that much. None of those guys had the supporting cast like LBJ. Two top 5 players plus a top 10 player (who is underrated). What is going to define LBJ's career is what happens after the big 3 break up. Similar to Kobe... after Shaq.

Plus it is hard to forget about his first years with CLE. Back to back MVPs and Best records in the NBA (same years) and didn't even make the finals either of the two years.

beasted86
08-20-2012, 09:01 PM
I never said he was there yet. And making excuses? You need a good TEAM to win. Larry Bird had Kevin Mchale, Robert Parish, Dennis Johnson, etc. Magic had Kareem, and James Worthy. Kobe rode Shaq's coattails for his first 3 championships, and then was given Pau Gasol, and now Dwight and Nash.

Are those guys ranked any lower because their superstar teammates weren't "injured"?

Too much sense being made... go sit in a corner and be quiet.

Anyway LeBron is going down as a top 10 player no matter what.

C-Style
08-20-2012, 09:02 PM
Too much sense being made... go sit in a corner and be quiet.

Anyway LeBron is going down as a top 10 player no matter what.

Not if he doesn't win anymore

Derick713
08-20-2012, 09:06 PM
LeBron James is playing to surpass Kobe and put himself in the conversation with the Shaq's and Duncan's of the world. I don't rate Kobe high because he's always played with great talent. In the years he didn't have a great big man you can see his real body of work. LeBron James has been to the NBA Finals with great players and without great players. LeBron is a true franchise player like O'Neal and Duncan. He can carry a team by himself and get far.

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 09:07 PM
LeBron James is playing to surpass Kobe and put himself in the conversation with the Shaq's and Duncan's of the world. I don't rate Kobe high because he's always played with great talent. In the years he didn't have a great big man you can see his real body of work. LeBron James has been to the NBA Finals with great players and without great players.

real talk

beasted86
08-20-2012, 09:09 PM
Not if he doesn't win anymore

No matter what.

The media is in love with him. They already mention him as a top 20 player all time.

mrblisterdundee
08-20-2012, 10:17 PM
I wish Dennis Rodman were around to guard LeBron James.

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 10:34 PM
Honestly two rings won't impress that much. None of those guys had the supporting cast like LBJ. Two top 5 players plus a top 10 player (who is underrated). What is going to define LBJ's career is what happens after the big 3 break up. Similar to Kobe... after Shaq.

Plus it is hard to forget about his first years with CLE. Back to back MVPs and Best records in the NBA (same years) and didn't even make the finals either of the two years.

i couldn't have said it any better myself:clap:

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 10:36 PM
real talk

but only won 1 with great players REAL TALK :mad:

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 10:46 PM
but only won 1 with great players REAL TALK :mad:

How many has melo won? Are you willing to say melo will never win one?

beasted86
08-20-2012, 10:50 PM

Being that he has to go through teams like the HEAT, Thunder, Lakers, and Celtics... it's all but guaranteed he won't win a championship or see the Finals for the next 2 seasons.

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 10:53 PM

yeah when we get cp3 and k love in 2015 not one not 2 not 3 hey you get it:D

Andrew32
08-20-2012, 11:04 PM
I dunno.
Right now I have him at 20-25 so... maybe 17-22 range?

UPRock
08-20-2012, 11:04 PM

Each time you people begin' fantasizing with players about going to the Knicks they don't go there at all.

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 11:20 PM

Still holding hope for cp3?:laugh2:

Hardaway Here
08-20-2012, 11:21 PM
If you don't like Lebron because of the way he did what he did that's fine but don't hate him because of what he did. FO wasn't giving him help so he went to the help. How long is he supposed to wait for help and for the fans that don't like the heat because of the fact that they have bosh wade and bron are being really petty. 9 times out of 10 at that time during that free agency you would of loved it if all 3 of them were on your team

UPRock
08-20-2012, 11:42 PM
Well he can, he's still young.

UPRock
08-20-2012, 11:50 PM
Edit: Wrong thread.

flatbush knicks
08-21-2012, 12:31 AM
Still holding hope for cp3?:laugh2:

when the lakers or thunder knock the clippers out in the first or second round where else is he going to go :shrug:

flatbush knicks
08-21-2012, 12:32 AM
:clap:

flatbush knicks
08-21-2012, 12:35 AM
Each time you people begin' fantasizing with players about going to the Knicks they don't go there at all.

melo came :shrug:

beliges
08-21-2012, 01:05 AM

Dude has Wade, bosh and Allen. He's got a team with very similar talent. At the very least, it should be a great series. This was supposed to be Miami's dynasty years. But now the Lakers went out and got the talent to match up to Miami's talent.

Losoway
08-21-2012, 01:10 AM
lebron already is the greatest .

_KB24_
08-21-2012, 02:05 AM
what do you mean? Lebron took the Cavs to the NBA Finals. he can win by himself. come on, you have to be surprised with the team he had that got to the NBA Finals with almost no business being there.

super teams have always been around- don't know why this is a new thing for you. it almost guarantees longevity, competitive wise. Some players are drafted into good scenarios while others have to get there

Take a look at how pathetic the Eastern Conference was. Its not as remarkable as it may appear.

Vinny642
08-21-2012, 02:15 AM

"Far better" aha.. funny :))

And before Miami, Lebron never had another all star, let alone one of the best C's of all time

Vinny642
08-21-2012, 02:17 AM
when the lakers or thunder knock the clippers out in the first or second round where else is he going to go :shrug:

I didnt save my Chris Paul Hornets jersey for no reason!!! :P