PDA

View Full Version : Miami should have had Rose.

JNoel
08-20-2012, 01:52 AM
In 2007-2008 Miami finished a league worst 15-67 and only gets the second pick in the Lottery with Chicago Bulls who had no business being there getting first (33-49). Imagine how things would have played out if Miami got Rose.

Rose
Wade
James
Haslem
Joel Anthony

:drool:

Davidgta1
08-20-2012, 01:53 AM
I said this about 2 moths ago...woulda been a scary team an woulda been best back court in NBA.

Hawkeye15
08-20-2012, 02:02 AM
In 2007-2008 Miami finished a league worst 15-67 and only gets the second pick in the Lottery with Chicago Bulls who had no business being there getting first (33-49). Imagine how things would have played out if Miami got Rose.

Rose
Wade
James
Haslem
Joel Anthony

:drool:

sweet. Wolves should have had Shaq too, oh well.

NoahH
08-20-2012, 02:04 AM
I doubt they get LBJ in this case. I'd rather have it the way it is.

JNoel
08-20-2012, 02:05 AM
sweet. Wolves should have had Shaq too, oh well.

Wolves should have had a lot of players, That draft that they picked Rubio and Flynn smh

TheSource
08-20-2012, 02:05 AM
Seattle was the 2nd worst in the NBA with 20-62 that season so imagine if THEY got Derrick Rose (instead of Westbrook).

Mr_Jones
08-20-2012, 02:11 AM
The team would not have Bosh or James or most of the other players, for that matter.

**** all y'all!

Hawkeye15
08-20-2012, 02:13 AM
Wolves should have had a lot of players, That draft that they picked Rubio and Flynn smh

point is, complaining about ping pong balls after the fact is a waste of time, and only frustrates. There were fans of roughly 11 other teams that were very annoyed that the Bulls somehow jumped every one of those teams to get Rose in that draft.

UPRock
08-20-2012, 02:20 AM
No way in hell they get Bron and Bosh after drafting Rose.

Lakerhead4ever
08-20-2012, 02:29 AM
cool story bro

ThunderousDemon
08-20-2012, 02:36 AM
What's the point of this thread?

Mave1002
08-20-2012, 02:53 AM
I said this about 2 moths ago...woulda been a scary team an woulda been best back court in NBA.

And the worst frontline.

PurpleJesus
08-20-2012, 02:59 AM
Rose was not the obvious choice at #1 that year, and his game was supposed to be similar to Wades...if Miami did get #1, that year, i think there is a good chance they would have taken Beasley still...I also think a big factor in CHI taking Rose over Beasley, was because they had them rated so closely, but one was a hometown kid.

dodie53
08-20-2012, 03:53 AM
miami should have traded for nash and dwight this off season.

Aleksandar
08-20-2012, 04:10 AM
What's the point of this thread?

There have been worse threads...

BcEuAbRsS
08-20-2012, 04:35 AM
Things worked out pretty well for the Heat....

MackSnackWrap
08-20-2012, 04:36 AM
Call me crazy but id rather have our team the way it is. Wade, and Rose both need the ball to be effective. So having Wade, bron and rose wouldnt work well IMO. Where as LBJ and Wade having the chemistry they have now with bosh being effective as the 3rd wheel with minimal touches makes for a more cohesive and dangerous team.

effen5
08-20-2012, 04:44 AM
Rose was not the obvious choice at #1 that year, and his game was supposed to be similar to Wades...if Miami did get #1, that year, i think there is a good chance they would have taken Beasley still...I also think a big factor in CHI taking Rose over Beasley, was because they had them rated so closely, but one was a hometown kid.

Incorrect....the choice was clear after Jerry Reinsdorf asked them one question.

Reinsdorf had to say and answering whatever questions the people at the meeting had of him. When Reinsdorf posed the question, “What about college basketball bothered you most?” Beasley contemplated for a moment and said, “When you go on the road and the referees make bad calls.”

When it was Rose’s turn in front of the brass, he sat up straight and was totally focused. He had a thorough grasp of the magnitude of the encounter. He put his ego aside. Consider this is a guy who won back-to-back state titles in high school and went 38-2 in his only season in college, dropping the national championship game in overtime. His answer speaks for the kind of guy Derrick Rose is and why he’s destined for (even more) greatness. What was his response to Reinsdorf’s question, “What about college basketball bothered you most?”

“Losing.”

http://probasketballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/03/derrick-rose-michael-beasley-and-the-importance-of-pre-draft-interviews/

Derick713
08-20-2012, 05:24 AM
The Heat could of had Russell Westbrook. Pat Riley didn't have to draft Michael Beasley given he was creating cap space to sign either Bosh or Stoudemire to pair with Wade for the 2010 NBA season during the 2008 NBA Draft. The Heat wanted a guard and took long hard looks at O.J. Mayo and Jerrdy Bayless. It was odd that Pat Riley drafted and then kept Beasley because he doesn't fit the mold of a Pat Riley player. Beasley was undersized, immature, and lacked defensive ability. The Heat essentially made the Darko pick look good. The 2008 NBA Draft gave rise to the Bulls and Thunder as serious contenders. Truth is the Heat couldn't afford a core of Rose, Wade, James, and Bosh. Plus the Heat had to trade Beasley to create cap space for James and Bosh. That means they would of had to trade Rose to afford James and Bosh. At the end of the day the Heat had the 2nd overall pick and didn't end up with one of Westbrook, Love, Mayo, Gordon, Lopez, Hibbert, McGee, Ibaka, Batum, Pekovic, Asik, Jordan, or Dragic,

odiz
08-20-2012, 06:07 AM

Thats not true. The Heat tried to trade that pick after they found out they were picking 2nd. They knew the Bulls would take Rose and they didnt really want Beasley.

LakersKB24
08-20-2012, 06:18 AM
No way that team would be better than what they have now. None of them is a reliable shooter, even though Rose improved, they all attack the basket and need the ball in their hands to be effective. Hell, people doubted that Wade and LeBron alone could play together and now you add Rose?

JasonJohnHorn
08-20-2012, 06:26 AM
A lot of things may have worked out differently had they gotten the number 1 pick. Rose and Wade are similar players, so Miami may have taken Beasley still, or traded the number 1 pick. But even if they had gotten Rose, it would have changed their salary cap situation and LBJ and Bosh would have had to sign for less money, which may have still very well happened. But they they would have four guys who need the rock; Wade, James, Rose and Bosh. I don't think there are enough basketballs to go around for all four of them.

But yeah... Miami with Rose as well? That would be scary.

3ballbomber
08-20-2012, 06:37 AM
Again, the lottery was rigged. Miami was cheated out of #1 pick.

Had Miami gotten Rose i think Heat would have been a well balanced team. For years they lacked a legit PG Rose would have filled that spot. Riley would have focused on getting a center and then addressed depth. By 2010/2011 Miami would have a solid, well balanced and respected team who re-built and did it the right way. Not getting Rose made them the most hated Team on the globe.

Steelers23_06
08-20-2012, 06:37 AM
A lot of things may have worked out differently had they gotten the number 1 pick. Rose and Wade are similar players, so Miami may have taken Beasley still, or traded the number 1 pick. But even if they had gotten Rose, it would have changed their salary cap situation and LBJ and Bosh would have had to sign for less money, which may have still very well happened. But they they would have four guys who need the rock; Wade, James, Rose and Bosh. I don't think there are enough basketballs to go around for all four of them.

But yeah... Miami with Rose as well? That would be scary.

:clap:

SteBO
08-20-2012, 07:56 AM
And the Miami Heat have a championship and the Bulls finally have the franchise player they lacked for years......I'd say things worked out pretty well for both teams long term (Rose will be back healthy I believe).

Heediot
08-20-2012, 08:16 AM
Even without Lebron, they would've at least had Wade, Rose, Bosh and money/flexibility to sign/add a fourth piece. That team would still be dangerous.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 08:22 AM
The Bulls can keep Gimpy. I like the way our team is now. :)

superior
08-20-2012, 08:42 AM
The Bulls can keep Gimpy. I like the way our team is now. :)

gimpy has an mvp award in his house, what about wade?

BklynKnicks3
08-20-2012, 08:43 AM
team of cowards rose aint built that way. Look at how rose looks at lebron n howards when they dancin in all star line ups he is disgusted. I respect rose for not calling lebron during free agency.

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 08:55 AM
gimpy has an mvp award in his house, what about wade?

Two rings and a Finals MVP? :eyebrow:

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 08:57 AM
team of cowards rose aint built that way. Look at how rose looks at lebron n howards when they dancin in all star line ups he is disgusted. I respect rose for not calling lebron during free agency.

Do you respect Melo for not teaming up with Amare? Oh wait...

h2r09
08-20-2012, 08:58 AM
the nba lottery needs to be changed to be similar to the nfl. the worst team in the league seemingly never wins the lottery and thats not right.

Raidaz4Life
08-20-2012, 08:58 AM
Having 3 ball handlers in Rose, Wade, and Lebron is not a good team.

koreancabbage
08-20-2012, 09:44 AM

blah blah blah. Melo is a douche as well. Lebron/Bosh left as free agents. Melo whined so much like Dwight Howard while in contract.

Denver > Knicks

Rose can always watch them from his home during the playoffs. its all good.

BklynKnicks3
08-20-2012, 09:48 AM
Do you respect Melo for not teaming up with Amare? Oh wait...

ye because i dont think high of amare i dont have problem with lebron bosh. But joining wade is just cowardness

greg_ory_2005
08-20-2012, 10:00 AM
It's called a draft LOTTERY. The worst team rarely ends up with the first pick.

king4day
08-20-2012, 10:08 AM
If they drafted Rose, at best they would have signed Bosh. I don't think getting Lebron would have made sense at all when you already have 2 scorers.

Besides, how can it get anymore :drool: than when you have Wade, Bosh, and James?

Aust
08-20-2012, 10:16 AM
You have Lebron James and you make this thread.

Really??

unleashthebeast
08-20-2012, 10:18 AM
Some of our fans are just too greedy :laugh2:

Just be happy with who we have. We just one a championship and have one of the most talented teams in the league.

Munkeysuit
08-20-2012, 10:25 AM
Not bad line up, but just like everyone else is saying, I do not see them getting Bron and Bosh should they get Rose.

JNoel
08-20-2012, 10:26 AM
I'm not greedy, just the thought of Rose, Wade, and/or Bosh, James would be crazy, I still think that Bron and Wade are the same type of player and Rose is younger.

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 10:27 AM
rose wouldn;t had developed like he has with wade handling the ball

Munkeysuit
08-20-2012, 10:27 AM
I wish Heat somehow got Ty Lawson, he would be a perfect fit.

Raidaz4Life
08-20-2012, 11:10 AM
I wish Heat somehow got Ty Lawson, he would be a perfect fit.

No, the perfect fit would be Steph Curry and my on my would I love to see Curry on the Heat.

sports4life1989
08-20-2012, 11:14 AM
rose wouldn;t had developed like he has with wade handling the ball

This! Everyone keeps assuming Rose would be the same exact player he is now, which I doubt. He would still be good just not the player he is now.

IndyRealist
08-20-2012, 11:21 AM
The team with the worst record only has a 25% chance of getting the number one pick. So they has a 75% chance of not getting it.

lamzoka
08-20-2012, 11:41 AM
This thread is stupid. What if Portland would've drafted Jordan instead of Sam b. what if they pick Durant instead of oden, what if Charlotte never traded kobe's rights. What if Detroit picked the melo-man instead of darko. What if my beloved Knicks would've pick Bynum instead of Sweetney. what if bird was black, what if magic was white....what if, what if, what if, .... It's pointless!!!!!!!

uprightciti
08-20-2012, 11:59 AM
this is not thread worthy

LBJ and Bosh would have not gone to Miami

STUPID

13ull3TProoF
08-20-2012, 12:20 PM
wouldnt have james or wade for that matter cause miami was gonna send wade to chicago for that pick..

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 12:23 PM
wouldnt have james or wade for that matter cause miami was gonna send wade to chicago for that pick..

You are so lost .

sp1derm00
08-20-2012, 12:30 PM
If they drafted Rose, at best they would have signed Bosh. I don't think getting Lebron would have made sense at all when you already have 2 scorers.

Besides, how can it get anymore :drool: than when you have Wade, Bosh, and James?

If OKC traded Harden, Ibaka, and Perkins for Dwight and Ryan Anderson...

Westbrook/Thabo/Durant/Anderson/Dwight.

ChiSox219
08-20-2012, 12:48 PM
Rose
Wade
Deng
Lebron
Noah

Taj
Asik

Lebron couldve had two rings by now

SportsFanatic10
08-20-2012, 01:29 PM
Rose
Wade
Deng
Lebron
Noah

Taj
Asik

Lebron couldve had two rings by now

if they'd signed with the bulls thats a crazy roster for sure, but he could've have 2 rings in miami by now too.

smiddy012
08-20-2012, 01:38 PM

Ummm Rose was the consensus #1 pick in that draft, I don't know where you were. Sure there were a few people crying out for Beasely but Rose was widely regarded as the best player comin out of that draft at the time.

Back on subject, Miami never would have been able to afford the big 3 if they got Rose. Remember they had to get rid of Beasely to open up the cap for the big 3.

Chavacano
08-20-2012, 01:57 PM
Shoulda. Woulda. Coulda.

justinnum1
08-20-2012, 01:57 PM
I like the way it worked out:shrug:

SanPitte
08-20-2012, 02:07 PM
the Heat didn't HAVE TO get rid of Beasley to sign James and Bosh...they did it to have more flexibility, a couple of draft picks (for signs and trades with TOR and CLE) and then signed Mike Miller with that cap space (for 5.5 mil/year)...they could have had Beasley (or whoever they had drafted) until the end of his rookie contract, but then couldn't have signed him long term and much money (or face a hell of a tax)