PDA

View Full Version : Which team has the best chance to get past the first round the knicks or nuggets?

bric
08-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Which team has the best chance to get past the first round that hasn't the past 2+ years this season: the Denver nuggets or the new york knicks?

Yabaecip
08-19-2012, 11:20 PM
I think the Denver Nuggets...hopefully.

seikou8
08-19-2012, 11:21 PM
Omg this going ot end up ugly but my knicks will in he nba finals and melo wil be the mvp ans sta will average 20-8 they sweep miami easily and go 16-2who is not on the best troll list now.

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 11:28 PM
nuggets

if the knicks face the bulls in the first round that could be trouble

chitownredbulls
08-19-2012, 11:29 PM
Nuggets....Knicks will suck..lol...

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 11:30 PM
both/thread.

lkingratedr
08-19-2012, 11:39 PM
Knicks... They are and dare I say it constructed better and the nuggets still don't have that crunch time knock down type player... They will put on a good show but all around Knicks are better especially if they add a good back up Pf

Guppyfighter
08-19-2012, 11:41 PM
Anyone who says the Knicks bought into the espn hype.

Punk
08-19-2012, 11:43 PM
The Nuggets who were not too far off than the Knicks at their worst season will have a better shot to make it out the 1st round in a conference tougher than a weak East. #PSDlogic

nuggets

if the knicks face the bulls in the first round that could be trouble

Reaching very hard.

And if the Nuggets face the Grizzlies, Clippers, Spurs, Lakers they will be in trouble.

Corey
08-19-2012, 11:45 PM
Completely depends on matchup, obviously.

Based on the rankings I've made to this point (which are still incredibly premature with so many different faces in different places in the East), I would have the Knicks playing the Celtics in the first round. I dont think that would be a favorable matchup for NYK.

If they draw ATL, IND, PHI in the first round, I think they would have a pretty solid shot at advancing. I dont like them against Miami, Chicago or Boston. Brooklyn could be a dogfight as well.

This question was a lot more thought provoking than I originally anticipated, though. I keep flip flopping on which team I think would have a better shot. It all comes down to matchup.

Beltrans Mole
08-19-2012, 11:46 PM
The Knicks have a better shot in the weaker Eastern Conference.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 11:47 PM

Based on the rankings I've made to this point (which are still incredibly premature with so many different faces in different places in the East), I would have the Knicks playing the Celtics in the first round. I dont think that would be a favorable matchup for NYK.

If they draw ATL, IND, PHI in the first round, I think they would have a pretty solid shot at advancing. I dont like them against Miami, Chicago or Boston. Brooklyn could be a dogfight as well.

This question was a lot more thought provoking than I originally anticipated, though. I keep flip flopping on which team I think would have a better shot. It all comes down to matchup.

I agree 100 percent. I think this time around Celtics vs Knicks would be longer then 4 games.

Jtirado16
08-19-2012, 11:48 PM
Depending on who they played. But just off a glance I would have to say nuggets. They are more of a complete team

Punk
08-19-2012, 11:50 PM

It wouldn't be one for Boston either. Both teams matchup like mirror images, Boston has only one the majority of games against NY based off their experience.

Also, NY/Boston is most likely a 2nd round matchup, IMO.

I agree with this.

No kidding.

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 11:50 PM
The Nuggets who were not too far off than the Knicks at their worst season will have a better shot to make it out the 1st round in a conference tougher than a weak East. #PSDlogic

Reaching very hard.

And if the Nuggets face the Grizzlies, Clippers, Spurs, Lakers they will be in trouble.

How do? I think the bulls will be anywhere between 5-8 and if rose is back i think it would be a great series between NY and chicago.

lakers4sho
08-19-2012, 11:52 PM
After the heat (and probably the Celtics), the East's playoff picture is more fluid than the West's. For the West you'll definitely have the Lakers, Thunder, Spurs, and Clippers (in no particular order) rounding out the top 4. I don't think the Nuggets have a shot of beating any of those 4.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 11:52 PM
If rose was 100 percent Id lean towards the bulls taking that series. With that being said I predicted that it would be a knicks/Philly first round matchup last week :) which should be a very exicting one.

seikou8
08-19-2012, 11:53 PM
how do? I think the bulls will be anywhere between 5-8 and if rose is back i think it would be a great series between ny and chicago.

yup and if shump is back we will have him to stop him/SLOW HIM DOWN

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 11:53 PM
Am I the only one that think the Nuggets will be a threat?

uprightciti
08-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Denver getting Iggy is HUGE
but I dont think the would make it pask OKC, LAKERS, DALLAS, SPURS,GRIZZLIES
the west sure will be wild this year!

Knicks...Give me the BULLS, PACERS, 76ers or anyone else but the Heat and we make it to the Eastern Finals

IgglesFanInCO
08-20-2012, 12:11 AM
nuggets are already better than grizzlies and mavericks, they have a solid chance to challenge spurs and clippers for homecourt advantage, I think that both them and the knicks make it past the first round and both get ousted in the second

--23--
08-20-2012, 12:12 AM
It depends on the match ups. If the Knicks play any team other than the Celtics, Heat or Bulls I see them making it to the 2nd round.

If the Nuggets face any team other than OKC, LAL, LAC, SAS and maybe Memphis, they'll have a good chance of making it to the 2nd round.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 07:26 AM
Am I the only one that think the Nuggets will be a threat?

Yep because they wont. They'll be like the Atlanta hawks of the west. Except, they probably wont make it to the second round.

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 07:27 AM
both

Big Zo
08-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Omg this going ot end up ugly but my knicks will in he nba finals and melo wil be the mvp ans sta will average 20-8 they sweep miami easily and go 16-2who is not on the best troll list now.

... and then you woke up with wet sheets.

flatbush knicks
08-20-2012, 07:34 AM
Yep because they wont. They'll be like the Atlanta hawks of the west. Except, they probably wont make it to the second round.

bro your crazy the nuggets imo will be a top 3 in the west next year it's the clippers who people keep overrating any real bball fan knows the nuggets are a stacked team just lacking the big star names but still a pretty dam good team

BallIsAll
08-20-2012, 11:38 AM

Your a troll the nuggets are a way better team than Atlanta has had.

To answer the question I think they will both make it to the second round and I will explain why.

Last year the Knicks played the heat. They have since then upgraded their bench by adding Kidd and they replaced Lin who I think is overrated with Felton who played extremely well with amare. They also added Camby so now they have one of the best front court rotations.

The nuggets played the lakers while being extremely inexperienced and injured. Gallo had a broken thumb, chandler got hip surgery and didn't play, Harrington broke his nose to the point where he was forced to wear a mask, Andre miller had a dislocated shoulder. They were getting burned on the perimeter all year and our lock down defender didn't really lock down. Since then they got Andre iguoldala who solves some perimeter defense problems and gained a lot of experience during those 7 games. People IMO are overrating Memphis, la clippers, spurs and Dallas I don't find them to be unbeatable by the nuggets like most posters.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-20-2012, 11:40 AM
I'm leaning towards the Knicks (obviously)

I think they have a better chance at beating anyone not named the Heat than the Nuggets have of beating a top 4 team out west.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 11:45 AM
Your a troll the nuggets are a way better team than Atlanta has had.

Interesting I'm a troll for not sharing your opinion of your favorite team. Ok well I'll continue to troll then :rolleyes:

To answer the question I think they will both make it to the second round and I will explain why.

Last year the Knicks played the heat. They have since then upgraded their bench by adding Kidd and they replaced Lin who I think is overrated with Felton who played extremely well with amare. They also added Camby so now they have one of the best front court rotations.

I agree with this although, I think Camby is the most overrated defender as a big he's servicable as a backup

The nuggets played the lakers while being extremely inexperienced and injured. Gallo had a broken thumb, chandler got hip surgery and didn't play, Harrington broke his nose to the point where he was forced to wear a mask, Andre miller had a dislocated shoulder. They were getting burned on the perimeter all year and our lock down defender didn't really lock down. Since then they got Andre iguoldala who solves some perimeter defense problems and gained a lot of experience during those 7 games. People IMO are overrating Memphis, la clippers, spurs and Dallas I don't find them to be unbeatable by the nuggets like most posters.

I understand where you are coming from with this. I overexaggerated when I said they wouldnt get past the first round, but I still think they are similar to the Atlanta Hawks. I'm not talking about their playstyle or how good their players are compared to the Hawks. I'm talking about how they will end up in the playoffs. That shouldn't be too far fetched. Considering that nuggets got better and memphis, dallas, and spurs virtually stayed the same, nuggets have a good chance to make it to the second round.

Jagged QT
08-20-2012, 11:46 AM
A bottom of the pile defensive team rarely advances in the playoffs.

Even D'antoni's Suns had an average defensive rating.

Top defensive teams with decent offenses are the ones who usually advance.

Sorry Denver.

BobbyHillSwag
08-20-2012, 11:47 AM
btw I have no idea how to break posts up into sections.

Raidaz4Life
08-20-2012, 11:51 AM
I say Denver, especially if they match up against the Spurs.