PDA

View Full Version : 5th Annual PSD Player Rankings #10 PF In The NBA? (Volume: V)

Mile High Champ
08-19-2012, 03:49 PM
Hey guys, Some of you may remember that for the last four years I have conducted a poll at the end of the season that had PSD users vote for the top 10 players at each position. The season is now over and the Heat have been crowned NBA champs which means its time to kick off the off-season player rankings.

A lot has changed since last season. Lebron was labelled by some as Choke Artist in the clutch and now this year had one of the greatest finals performances in recent memory. Let start the discussion since lots has changed since the start of last season. Please TRY AND VOTE FOR THE BEST PLAYER AND DON'T BE A HOMER. I will leave the poll open for one day and than we can carry on to the next best player at that position. I will add more players after each round. I have also included the results of those last 4 years so everyone can see how much things have changed...Enjoy.

REMEMBER this is based on who is the best player, not the player who has the potential to be the best

2012 Off-Season PSD PF Rankings

1) Kevin Love
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) LaMarcus Aldridge
4) Chris Bosh
5) Pau Gasol
6) Blake Griffin
7) Josh Smith
8) Zach Randolph
9) Amare Stoudemire
10) Paul Millsap

2011 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Dirk Nowitzki
2) Amare Stoudemire
3) Pau Gasol
4) Zach Randolph
5) Chris Bosh
6) LaMarcus Aldridge
7) Kevin Love
8) Blake Griffin
9) Kevin Garnett
10) Josh Smith

2010 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Pau Gasol
2) Dirk Nowitzki
3) Tim Duncan
4) Chris Bosh
5) Amare Stoudemire
6) Carlos Boozer
7) Kevin Garnett
8) Josh Smith
9) David Lee
10) Zach Randolph

2009 Off-Season PF Rankings

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Dirk Nowitzki
4) Chris Bosh
5) Amare Stoudemire
6) Pau Gasol
7) Carlos Boozer
8) Antawn Jamison
9) Rashard Lewis
10) David West

2008 Off-Season PF rankings

1) Tim Duncan
2) Kevin Garnett
3) Amare Stoudemire
4) Chris Bosh
5) Dirk Nowitzki
6) Elton Brand
7) Carlos Boozer
8) Pau Gasol
9) Antawn Jamison
10) David West

Mile High Champ
08-19-2012, 03:51 PM
Should be Millsap here. Lets get this one done quickly.

knicks=love
08-19-2012, 03:52 PM
i love ily's game

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 03:52 PM
Milsap here.

85BearsDefense
08-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Boozer

Green_Monster
08-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Serge Ibaka.

Mile High Champ
08-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Amare going 9 really makes me sick to my stomach.

Chronz
08-19-2012, 04:28 PM
I blame tredigs

Vinny642
08-19-2012, 04:33 PM
I guesssss Milsap

StarvingKnick22
08-19-2012, 04:34 PM
Ibaka. i love how Amare still won at the last second lol

nycericanguy
08-19-2012, 04:35 PM
ok before I vote, is this for who you think the best player is in general or just based off last season?

Because i'm still confused as heck as to why Zbo who played 20 something games and averaged 11ppg finished ahead of Amare, Lee, Boozer, & Milsap.

Also I think Ibaka should have gone before Zbo, but I think most people consider him a center.

Swashcuff
08-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Amar'e and Randolph has NO business in the top 10. Randolph more so than Amar'e so lets not act like Amar'e was the only horrendous choice. I got Millsap here and Ibaka should be in the top 10 with Randolph and Amar'e OUT.

jp611
08-19-2012, 04:36 PM
Should be Boozer

greg_ory_2005
08-19-2012, 04:36 PM
This needs to start and end with a white guy. So I take Lee!

Longhornfan1234
08-19-2012, 04:42 PM
Amare and Boozer fell hard. What happended to them? I have never seen such a huge drop off.

nycericanguy
08-19-2012, 04:43 PM
Amar'e and Randolph has NO business in the top 10. Randolph more so than Amar'e so lets not act like Amar'e was the only horrendous choice. I got Millsap here and Ibaka should be in the top 10 with Randolph and Amar'e OUT.

I know Amare had a rough year, but come on, did he really perform that much worse than Bosh who went at #4?

they had very similar years.

Lake_Show2416
08-19-2012, 05:01 PM
Ibaka #Iblocka

Pronunciation: I-Block-Ya

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2012, 06:00 PM
i got millsap here.

Chronz
08-19-2012, 06:03 PM
I know Amare had a rough year, but come on, did he really perform that much worse than Bosh who went at #4?

Similar how?

JasonJohnHorn
08-19-2012, 06:21 PM

Finally! Somebody else votes for David Lee.... this kid is underrated.

unleashthebeast
08-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Has to be Milsap here. He should have won the last poll :shrug:

GoPacers33
08-19-2012, 06:37 PM
Serge Iblockya

Hawkeye15
08-19-2012, 06:40 PM
how the hell does Milisap fall this far? Amare over him? puke

nycericanguy
08-19-2012, 07:11 PM
Similar how?

PPG, RPG, FG% TS% EFG% DRB% ORB% DRTG%

Bosh did have a better year, but they were similar. Except Bosh made the All star team and is now ranked #4, yet Amare "shouldn't even be in the top 10" and is done according to most.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=boshch01&y1=2012&p2=stoudam01&y2=2012

Chronz
08-19-2012, 07:25 PM
PPG, RPG, FG% TS% EFG% DRB% ORB% DRTG%

Bosh did have a better year, but they were similar. Except Bosh made the All star team and is now ranked #4, yet Amare "shouldn't even be in the top 10" and is done according to most.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/pcm_finder.cgi?request=1&sum=0&p1=boshch01&y1=2012&p2=stoudam01&y2=2012

Offensive RTG, PER, WS. Defensive value

I dont see how its close at all. Amare had a bad year, scoring that many PPG isnt even worthy of praise when it comes with such low efficiency overall, and on a team that is deprived of scoring.

Bosh on the other hand put up superior stats on a MUCH better team. There is no argument or equality.

knicks=love
08-19-2012, 07:49 PM

or ily!

Chacarron
08-19-2012, 07:50 PM
Amare won the last one, really? :pity:

nycericanguy
08-19-2012, 07:57 PM
Offensive RTG, PER, WS. Defensive value

I dont see how its close at all. Amare had a bad year, scoring that many PPG isnt even worthy of praise when it comes with such low efficiency overall, and on a team that is deprived of scoring.

Bosh on the other hand put up superior stats on a MUCH better team. There is no argument or equality.

He did have a bad year, but even in a bad year, he matched Bosh offensively and rebounding and in efficiency and in several other categories.

You say Bosh did it on a better team, but I think LBJ had a little something to do with MIA being better. Put LBJ with Amare and Amare's life would be MUCH, MUCH easier. Amare had to play with Mike Freaking Bibby and an ancient injured Davis feeding him most of the year.

AntiG
08-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Ibaka > Amare, Millsap, Randolph

Mr. Baller
08-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Theres 2 sides of the court...

Chronz
08-19-2012, 08:11 PM
He did have a bad year, but even in a bad year, he matched Bosh offensively and rebounding and in efficiency and in several other categories.
Except he didnt. Bosh put up better offensive numbers because of his efficiency. Lets not even tough defense because we both know what a joke it would be. The Knicks defended alot better this year in part because Amare wasnt around to **** it all up. The Heat on the other hand were actually somewhat reliant on Bosh on that end.

You say Bosh did it on a better team, but I think LBJ had a little something to do with MIA being better.
Thats not the argument Im making, what Im saying is that Amare was unable to produce despite his team desperately needing him to. Bosh, despite being the teams 3rd option, outscored a guy whos team NEEDED that production far more. That says it all right there and thats without even mentioning their defensive contributions.

Put LBJ with Amare and Amare's life would be MUCH, MUCH easier. Amare had to play with Mike Freaking Bibby and an ancient injured Davis feeding him most of the year.

Yea Bosh doesnt need those excuses. When he was in Toronto playing with less talent he put up some of the best numbers in the league and when Bron or Wade arent on the court, Bosh actually sees his numbers RISE.

So again, there is no argument. When a guy has better numbers, better defense on a better team that happens to win the title, it takes alot more than equal rebounding to make up the gap.

BullsNumber1Fan
08-19-2012, 10:14 PM
Can somebody tell me how Serge Ibaka is better than Carlos Boozer? He is a defensive anchor who mainly blocks shots on a bad defensive team. I'll say Paul Millsap is 10, but Serge is not better than Boozer.

Corey
08-19-2012, 10:16 PM
Millsap pretty easily for me.

mosesedan
08-19-2012, 10:24 PM
tim duncan and kg arent even options?

greg_ory_2005
08-19-2012, 10:27 PM
They're gonna be in the centers poll.

Chavacano
08-19-2012, 11:00 PM
Serge Jonas Ibaka Ngobila.

Swashcuff
08-19-2012, 11:00 PM

What I can't understand about fans like yourself you support your player to a fault. I mean why don't you demand better of Amar'e. As a Knick fan you should understand better than anyone of us how painful it was to watch Amar'e last season. I'm a 76ers fan and it was painful for me. He was worst that I've ever seen him on defense, looked lost on offense and really didn't add any real value outside of his rare offensive outburst. Even as a 76ers I was waiting for him to find his way and become the player we all knew him to be.

If you think that a #1B option in Amar'e had a near equal year as a #3 option in Bosh you are sadly mistaken. Bosh was a better and more efficient scorer who was more than twice the defensive player Amar'e was and played a HUGE role on both ends of the floor in the Miami Heat winning their their title.

What did Amar'e do? Severly underperform and fail to live up to any kind of expectation. Bosh did everything better than Amar'e and then some. That's why he was ranked as high as he was.

If your reasoning was really stats you would be lobbying for David Lee and not Amar'e.

Swashcuff
08-19-2012, 11:05 PM
Can somebody tell me how Serge Ibaka is better than Carlos Boozer? He is a defensive anchor who mainly blocks shots on a bad defensive team. I'll say Paul Millsap is 10, but Serge is not better than Boozer.

Ibaka's D is better than Boozer's O and Boozer's D is MUCH worst than Ibaka's O. As for Ibaka being on a poor defensive team (I wouldn't call the 11th best D in the league poor) think of where they'd be had he not been a part of the team. When Ibaka is on the floor the Thunder are MUCH better defensively as compared to when he isn't. Had he not been the defensive player he was they'd truly be a poor defensive team.

Just think of this switch Boozer with Ibaka and the Bulls get better, switch Ibaka with Boozer and the Thunder get worst.

nycericanguy
08-19-2012, 11:08 PM
What I can't understand about fans like yourself you support your player to a fault. I mean why don't you demand better of Amar'e. As a Knick fan you should understand better than anyone of us how painful it was to watch Amar'e last season. I'm a 76ers fan and it was painful for me. He was worst that I've ever seen him on defense, looked lost on offense and really didn't add any real value outside of his rare offensive outburst. Even as a 76ers I was waiting for him to find his way and become the player we all knew him to be.

If you think that a #1B option in Amar'e had a near equal year as a #3 option in Bosh you are sadly mistaken. Bosh was a better and more efficient scorer who was more than twice the defensive player Amar'e was and played a HUGE role on both ends of the floor in the Miami Heat winning their their title.

What did Amar'e do? Severly underperform and fail to live up to any kind of expectation. Bosh did everything better than Amar'e and then some. That's why he was ranked as high as he was.

If your reasoning was really stats you would be lobbying for David Lee and not Amar'e.

I'm not sure how any fan can really DEMAND anything from a player.

I expect Amare to have a huge bounce back season next year. Early in the year I agree he was painful to watch, but under Woodson Amare was very engaged on BOTH ends and was putting up efficient 20 & 9 games regularly.

He had a very rough year personally and with the weight he put on early in the year, but late in the year he was back to the Amare of old. Never a great defender though.

As far as Amare being option 1b, Melo clearly was the #1 option. Amare was #2, and had no PG much of the year.

Bosh might be the #3 option, but he has LBJ & Wade, those guys don't make it harder for him, they command enormous attention and are 2 of the best passers at their respective positions. Bosh & Amare both attempted the same amount of shots per game, so its not like Amare as the #2 option got a ton more shots than Bosh.

Bosh took the same amount of shots and had the luxury of having LBJ & Wade set him up on alot of those shots. Heck Chalmers would have been a huge upgrade at PG for NY outside of the 23 Lin games.

Baller1
08-19-2012, 11:15 PM
Ibaka.

Swashcuff
08-19-2012, 11:20 PM
I'm not sure how any fan can really DEMAND anything from a player.

Simple instead of defending his mediocrity at every turn actually be rational and admit that he really wasn't that good and you expect better out of him.

I expect Amare to have a huge bounce back season next year. Early in the year I agree he was painful to watch, but under Woodson Amare was very engaged on BOTH ends and was putting up efficient 20 & 9 games regularly.

He had a very rough year personally and with the weight he put on early in the year, but late in the year he was back to the Amare of old. Never a great defender though.

Okay. Actually though under Woodson Amar'e had less games of 20 & 9 than he did under D'Antoni. I really don't see the reasoning there.

As far as Amare being option 1b, Melo clearly was the #1 option. Amare was #2, and had no PG much of the year.

Coming into the season it was made clear that Amar'e and Melo would be the main focal points of the Knicks offense where they'd both see equal opportunity. After all it was Amar'e who was getting the MVP buzz in NY the season before.

Bosh might be the #3 option, but he has LBJ & Wade, those guys don't make it harder for him, they command enormous attention and are 2 of the best passers at their respective positions. Bosh & Amare both attempted the same amount of shots per game, so its not like Amare as the #2 option got a ton more shots than Bosh.

This really is a non excuse. Amar'e had the opportunity to produce more and at a higher rate than he did. He didn't. Simple as that he was the star player and had he played as such would have had the #s to show for it. He did not and it reflected in his overall poor play.

Bosh took the same amount of shots and had the luxury of having LBJ & Wade set him up on alot of those shots. Heck Chalmers would have been a huge upgrade at PG for NY outside of the 23 Lin games.

Luxury or not Bosh on more occasions than not was creating his shots on his own. He was assisted on far less shots than Amar'e was he was the one doing the hard work for himself. Again like I said earlier Bosh was not afforded the luxury of being an option 1B or even an option 2 where he could have taken charge of the game in spurts or have a larger role to play in the offense. Had Bosh played on a team such as the Knicks they would have been better on both ends of the floor and Bosh's offensive #s would have resembled that of Amar'e in his first year with the Knicks.

xnick5757
08-19-2012, 11:51 PM
Millsap and ibaka should have already been voted in, not amare and zbo. I can understand amare because of all the knicks fans, but who the hell voted for zbo over Millsap and ibaka?

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 11:54 PM
*raises hand :hide:

BullsNumber1Fan
08-20-2012, 12:04 AM
Ibaka's D is better than Boozer's O and Boozer's D is MUCH worst than Ibaka's O. As for Ibaka being on a poor defensive team (I wouldn't call the 11th best D in the league poor) think of where they'd be had he not been a part of the team. When Ibaka is on the floor the Thunder are MUCH better defensively as compared to when he isn't. Had he not been the defensive player he was they'd truly be a poor defensive team.

Just think of this switch Boozer with Ibaka and the Bulls get better, switch Ibaka with Boozer and the Thunder get worst.

That's not true at all. Bulls need scoring and Boozer still does that well. He averaged 15 PPG in under 30 MPG on good efficiency. Ibaka can not do that. Bulls have all the defense in the world and Ibaka doesn't bring much that Taj doesn't already have, outside of blocking shots.

Oh, compared to the contenders from last year, being the 11th best defensive team is poor.

mrblisterdundee
08-20-2012, 12:47 AM
Should be Millsap here. Lets get this one done quickly.

If you underrate defense, then yes; Milsap should be here instead of Ibaka.

mrblisterdundee
08-20-2012, 12:50 AM
Millsap and ibaka should have already been voted in, not amare and zbo. I can understand amare because of all the knicks fans, but who the hell voted for zbo over Millsap and ibaka?

When Randolph is healthy, he can be a 25-point-per-game power forward and a rebounding machine and should rightfully be voted high in the rankings. That being said, though, people don't seem to be taking into account that he's been injured lately.

IversonIsKrazy
08-20-2012, 02:11 AM
I went with Boozer. As under achieving as he can be, the dude is still a consistent 18/9 guy.

NBA-GMaster
08-20-2012, 07:11 AM
Ibaka!!

freedas
08-20-2012, 07:29 AM
Ibaka with the blocka

WhyEvenBother
08-20-2012, 07:36 AM
i cant take this seriously anymore after zbo and amare got in over millsap haha its really sad

nycericanguy
08-20-2012, 09:21 AM
[QUOTE]Simple instead of defending his mediocrity at every turn actually be rational and admit that he really wasn't that good and you expect better out of him.

I think I've admitted he wasn't that good many times already, but I do expect a big bounce back year from him. My overall point was as bad a year he had on and off the court, he still produced.

Okay. Actually though under Woodson Amar'e had less games of 20 & 9 than he did under D'Antoni. I really don't see the reasoning there.

Well he played alot less games under Woodson. But if you check his numbers the last 2 months under Woodson they are VERY good and very efficient. He shot 56%. And although the scoring was down, he was really only playing 28-30mpg because NY was just blowing everyone out.

And like I said, he was very engaged on defense like I haven't seen him in NY.

You make it seem like Bosh suffered having to play with LBJ & Wade. Being the #3 option behind those guys sounds alot more enticing than being the #2 option behind Melo and no PG.

rapjuicer06
08-20-2012, 03:07 PM
I went Ibaka. Defense is so overlooked its sad. And get ZBO out of here. Just take him out, thats stupid

THE MTL
08-20-2012, 09:49 PM
Omg! Kevin Garnett!!!! His complete playoff resurgence 20-10. And even the midseason switch to center! It has to be KG

NBA-GMaster
08-21-2012, 06:09 AM
next poll please.. Dwight @ no. 1 and Bynum @ no. 2 are sure lock..

MP.Trey
08-21-2012, 09:48 AM
Omg! Kevin Garnett!!!! His complete playoff resurgence 20-10. And even the midseason switch to center! It has to be KG

KG played Center practically all last season.

DR_1
08-21-2012, 01:45 PM
Should be Boozer

Agreed.

Dade County
08-21-2012, 04:20 PM
next poll please.. Dwight @ no. 1 and Bynum @ no. 2 are sure lock..

Nets fans will have something to say about that number two spot...

Toastyy
08-21-2012, 05:09 PM
Start centers already

jimm120
08-21-2012, 07:17 PM
hmmm....yeah, I'd thingk #1 and #2 are locks...but to avoid controversy,...

...I'd just start at #2

goose14741
08-22-2012, 02:53 AM
Its centers time