PDA

View Full Version : Who has the best chance to beat the Miami Heat?

Pages : [1] 2

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Who has the best chance to beat the defending Champions Miami Heat?

I have to say the Lakers because of their size.Miami weakness is their size,I think Dwight/Pau would dominate the Miami bigs in the paint.LA can feed the bigs the first 3qrt in have Kobe/Nash close it out in the 4th qrt.Lebron is a beast but I think having Dwight/Pau in the paint will make his job a lot harder trying to attack 2 7ft in the paint.To me if Miami/LA was to matchup in the Finals I think LA would have to many weapons to throw at Miami.

So yeah I think LA has the best chance to beat Miami next year,OKC still hasn't improved enough they need a post presence in the paint to beat Miami in my opinion.

JasonJohnHorn
08-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Every team on this list could beat Miami if the officiating wasn't so biased.

Chronz
08-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Not thread worthy

BobbyHillSwag
08-19-2012, 03:03 PM
Lakers could beat miami easily. Celtics could beat them. Depending on knicks offense they could beat them.. Also, why is this not a knicks thread. All other threads are usually garbage just saying.

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 03:06 PM
Lakers could beat miami easily. Celtics could beat them. Depending on knicks offense they could beat them.. Also, why is this not a knicks thread. All other threads are usually garbage just saying.

Knicks beat miami? :laugh:

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 03:06 PM
:pity:

greg_ory_2005
08-19-2012, 03:07 PM
Don't ask stupid questions. You fully well know what the answer is.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 03:07 PM

We will see.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 03:08 PM

I didn't add the Knicks because Miami beat them pretty easily last year in the playoffs,maybe that could change this year but I will wait before I put them as a elite team.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 03:09 PM

Yo daddy told me too.

BobbyHillSwag
08-19-2012, 03:10 PM

im pretty sure you dont understand the falling point of the knicks were their offense. You are just a knicks hater because even if miami wins 5 championships in a row, knicks will still be more relevant. :cool::p

KnicksorBust
08-19-2012, 03:11 PM
Heat's biggest weakness is size and the Lakers have the best frontcourt in the league.

Thread closed.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 03:14 PM
D12 Fan that was just a Miami fan knows the answer is the Lakers but asks anyway so he can feel happy that Dwight might actually get a ring.

Mr. LA
08-19-2012, 03:16 PM
lmao is this a serious question??? I honestly have no idea how they won last year... it was a half season anyways which doesnt even count imo... Lakers are by far and I mean by far the better team.... They have trouble with beating Dwight Howard alone lol who the heck is guarding superman?!?! Nash>>>>>>>Chalmers even at age 38... Kobe Bryant always makes D-Wade his ***** and Chris Bosh isn't even that good imo...Pau Gasol will exploit him.... Yeah you do have James who is a force to be reakoned with but we have MWP guarding him, i'd take Peace over anyone to guard Lebrick... The lakers starters are by far superior and imo the benches are pretty even Miller/Battier/Lewis/J.Howard are completely washed up... Ray Allen is average at best at this point, I'd take Jodie Meeks instead... Jamison is better then anyone on heats bench plus we have Jordan Hill who is a very good player and Blake/Duhon is a nice defense/offense combo as well.... Coaches both suck but I think Mike Brown is better then people give him credit for... Lakers are a way way way better team lol lolololol Don't pretend like the Lakers are not going to win the title because we certainly are... sry haterz!!!!!!!!!

97NYer
08-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Replace one of the 2 clippers with knicks

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 03:20 PM
lmao is this a serious question??? I honestly have no idea how they won last year... it was a half season anyways which doesnt even count imo... Lakers are by far and I mean by far the better team.... They have trouble with beating Dwight Howard alone lol who the heck is guarding superman?!?! Nash>>>>>>>Chalmers even at age 38... Kobe Bryant always makes D-Wade his ***** and Chris Bosh isn't even that good imo...Pau Gasol will exploit him.... Yeah you do have James who is a force to be reakoned with but we have MWP guarding him, i'd take Peace over anyone to guard Lebrick... The lakers starters are by far superior and imo the benches are pretty even Miller/Battier/Lewis/J.Howard are completely washed up... Ray Allen is average at best at this point, I'd take Jodie Meeks instead... Jamison is better then anyone on heats bench plus we have Jordan Hill who is a very good player and Blake/Duhon is a nice defense/offense combo as well.... Coaches both suck but I think Mike Brown is better then people give him credit for... Lakers are a way way way better team lol lolololol Don't pretend like the Lakers are not going to win the title because we certainly are... sry haterz!!!!!!!!!

:drunk:
Little early to be drinking.

Lakerhead4ever
08-19-2012, 03:22 PM

I like this guy. Someone who isn't afraid of the spotlight.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 03:24 PM

Get ready Miami fans are about to bash you.lol

I agree that LA is better,but you make it seem like Miami has no shot to beat the Lakers.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-19-2012, 03:26 PM
The better question would be, is there anybody good enough to stop the lakers championship run?

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 03:28 PM
The better question would be, is there anybody good enough to stop the lakers championship run?

True.:clap:

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 03:29 PM

Mike brown is going to stop it before it even starts;)

JNoel
08-19-2012, 03:30 PM
The Miami Heat, the only team that can beat them in theirselves...

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-19-2012, 03:32 PM

Spolestra was in the same boat as mike brown before this year (were considered bad coaches) so if someone should say something about coaching it shouldn't be heat fans

LoveMeOrHateMe

Lol

Heediot
Lakers. Miami has trouble with Howard, compound that with Gasol and it's even more trouble for their small ball. I think Lakers win easily 6 games Max.

Clippers and OKC also have a shot.

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 03:33 PM
Spolestra was in the same boat as mike brown before this year (were considered bad coaches) so if someone should say something about coaching it shouldn't be heat fans

Pop
doc
carlisle
spo

:)

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-19-2012, 03:34 PM
True.:clap:

:hi5:

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 03:35 PM
Miami had trouble with Dwight alone,even Wade said he was glad Dwight went out West because he gave them trouble.Now add Kobe/Pau/Nash to Dwight,Miami will have problems.

Lakerhead4ever

Lmao your talking about coaches? You and your little heat buddies bashed your head coached up until he won a championship.

Don't act like suddenly he is a great coach. His team talent should have him two rings instead of one.

D12 fan

:facepalm:

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 03:36 PM
Lmao your talking about coaches? You and your little heat buddies bashed your head coached up until he won a championship.

Don't act like suddenly he is a great coach. His team talent should have him two rings instead of one.

Find me one post where i bashed spo. I will wait.

He would have 2 rings if lebron didnt choke vs dallas.

Anyways, OKC is the biggest threat to miami repeating. KD is the 2nd best player in the legue and there is a large drop off after him.

MackSnackWrap
08-19-2012, 03:38 PM

gtfo

Mr. LA
08-19-2012, 03:39 PM
cmon guys lets be real here....
this lakers team is equivalent to
Steve Nash...John Stockton
Kobe Bryant..Michael Jordan
Metta WorldPeace...Dennis Rodman
Pau Gasol....Dirk Nowitzki
Dwight Howard...Shaquille Oneal

Would a team of
John Stockton
Michael Jordan
Dennis Rodman
Dirk Nowitzki
Shaquille Oneal
Would anyone say that team wasnt going to win??? exactly Lakers haterz are just blind to the fact lakers are unstoppable because they are haters

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 03:40 PM

Would a team of
John Stockton
Michael Jordan
Dennis Rodman
Dirk Nowitzki
Shaquille Oneal
Would anyone say that team wasnt going to win??? exactly Lakers haterz are just blind to the fact lakers are unstoppable because they are haters

:laugh:

Right to the ignore list you go. :clap:

I hope no one quotes you so i dont have to read such ******** gibberish.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 03:40 PM

Anyways, OKC is the biggest threat to miami repeating. KD is the 2nd best player in the legue and there is a large drop off after him.

You really want somebody to look through your 40,000+Posts to go find it? Most don't have the time.

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 03:42 PM
You really want somebody to look through your 40,000+Posts to go find it? Most don't have the time.

Then stfu if you have no clue what you're talking about.

jimm120
08-19-2012, 03:42 PM
Knicks

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 03:43 PM

Really?You could argue Westbrook was OKC best player in the Finals last year,now KD is way better than Dwight/CP3/Melo/Kobe,keep trolling.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 03:43 PM
Really?You could argue Westbrook was OKC best player in the Finals last year,now KD is way better than Dwight/CP3/Melo/Kobe,keep trolling.

Durant is the 2nd best player in the NBA.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 03:44 PM

Would a team of
John Stockton
Michael Jordan
Dennis Rodman
Dirk Nowitzki
Shaquille Oneal

lol

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 03:45 PM

Melo is not even top 10. You are the one trolling thinking dwight, cp3 and kobe are better than melo. Your not a lakers fan.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 03:46 PM
Durant is the 2nd best player in the NBA.

Nah duh,but he said it was a huge dropoff after Lebron/Durant.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Pau Gasol....Dirk NowitzkiDwight Howard...Shaquille Oneal

Would a team of
John Stockton
Michael Jordan
Dennis Rodman
Dirk Nowitzki
Shaquille Oneal

:laugh2:

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 03:47 PM
Nah duh,but he said it was a huge dropoff after Lebron/Durant.
There is.

How can I not be a fan? I mean I see you everywhere. Anything NBA related you have 97+Posts in.

Just send me your email and i will get that package out to you, if you want me to send it priority just pay pal me 2.99

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 03:48 PM
Np My email Is IamJustinnum1's#1fan@aim.com

Lakerhead4ever
08-19-2012, 03:50 PM

So because Durant is the second best player in the league he's more of a threat? Lol I think I remember dirk taking the heat apart to get his ring and some people said he wasn't even top 10. Your logic is not going to cut it.

And maybe if your coach drew up a play that was not an isolation play in the finals secs they would have won.

JordansBulls
The Knicks have a great shot. Last year in the playoffs Melo matched Lebron point for point and usually went off when Lebron was on him.

Mr. LA
I dont get the argument here...
Nash>>>>>>>>Chalmers
Bryant>>Wade
Peace<<<<<James but when you consider that Peace will lock James up it isnt too bad
Gasol>>>>Bosh
Howard>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Haslem???
Jamison>Allen
Meeks>>?????
Hill>>>>?????
Blake>>?????

It's kinda funny actually that anyone thinks heat has any shot at all to beat LA

JNoel
08-19-2012, 03:51 PM
The Knicks have a great shot. Last year in the playoffs Melo matched Lebron point for point and usually went off when Lebron was on him.

1 Playoff win in the last 12 years
:rolleyes:

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 03:53 PM
So because Durant is the second best player in the league he's more of a threat? Lol I think I remember dirk taking the heat apart to get his ring and some people said he wasn't even top 10. Your logic is not going to cut it.

And maybe if your coach drew up a play that was not an isolation play in the finals secs they would have won.

cool story bro. Miami-okc finals. Looking forward to round 2.

BcEuAbRsS
I stalked the Heat forum during the season and playoffs because I enjoyed watching the the "OMG" responses when they played bad. But Justin never really bashed Spo, in fact I remember him supporting him pretty often.

But cmon, Spo is a top 10 coach, but he ain't 4th...

JNoel
Nash>>>>>>>>Chalmers
Bryant>>Wade
Peace<<<<<James but when you consider that Peace will lock James up it isnt too bad
Gasol>>>>Bosh
Jamison>Allen
Meeks>>?????
Hill>>>>?????
Blake>>?????

It's kinda funny actually that anyone thinks heat has any shot at all to beat LA

Peace is gonna be out of shape again, plus

Joel Anthony>Dwight Howard

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 03:54 PM
Nash>>>>>>>>Chalmers
Bryant>>Wade
Gasol>>>>Bosh
Jamison>Allen
Meeks>>?????
Hill>>>>?????
Blake>>?????

I agree.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 03:55 PM
SPO a top 10 coach? Simple coaching Lebron-Wade-Bosh/

justinnum1
I stalked the Heat forum during the season and playoffs because I enjoyed watching the the "OMG" responses. But Justin never really bashed Spo, in fact I remember him supporting him pretty often.

But cmon, Spo is a top 10 coach, but he ain't 4th...

That wasn't a ranking, it was just a list of active coaches who have rings.

D12 fan
cool story bro. Miami-Lakers finals. Looking forward to round 1.

Fixed

Mr. LA
08-19-2012, 03:56 PM
thank you^^^

nycericanguy
I didn't add the Knicks because Miami beat them pretty easily last year in the playoffs,maybe that could change this year but I will wait before I put them as a elite team.

MIA beat OKC pretty easily too. And OKC was fully healthy.

Knicks were playing MIA with half their team missing, injured, or sick...lol

When you're down to Mike Bibby as your starting PG and Jorts off the bench you know you're in trouble!

MIA beat CHI in 5 games two years ago also, and CHI was fully healthy.

So give NY a little more credit.

xxplayerxx23
Nash>>>>>>>>Chalmers
Bryant>>Wade
Gasol>>>>Bosh
Jamison>Allen
Meeks>>?????
Hill>>>>?????
Blake>>?????

Um. Wade>Bryant. Bosh=Gasol
But the team on the floor a lot will be Wade-Allen-Batier-James-Bosh

BcEuAbRsS
08-19-2012, 03:57 PM
That wasn't a ranking, it was just a list of active coaches who have rings.

Ah, I gotcha...

LJEATON26
Thunder. The Lakers have to find away to beat them before they even need to think about playing the Heat when it matters.

oak2455
Knicks babbbbbbbby !!!!!

oak2455
08-19-2012, 03:58 PM

When you're down to Mike Bibby as your starting PG and Jorts off the bench you know you're in trouble!

I'm getting sick again don't remind me

ThunderousDemon
08-19-2012, 03:59 PM
Knicks babbbbbbbby !!!!!

The Knicks are back!!! :dance:

Denero718305
08-19-2012, 04:00 PM
im pretty sure you dont understand the falling point of the knicks were their offense. You are just a knicks hater because even if miami wins 5 championships in a row, knicks will still be more relevant. :cool::p

:eyebrow: Relevant in New York......

JNoel
08-19-2012, 04:00 PM
I'm getting sick again don't remind me

Baron Davis knee, ouch.

Mr. LA
08-19-2012, 04:01 PM
wade is not greater then bryant on any planet and if that is the team that will be on the court how do honestly think heat can defend superman?

Lakerhead4ever
08-19-2012, 04:02 PM
cool story bro. Miami-okc finals. Looking forward to round 2.

Don't know what to say huh?

And I hope you know the celtics got better. They could very well take the heat out themselves.

I've been looking forward to a laker celtic rematch for a while anyways

Kyben36
08-19-2012, 04:03 PM
Thunder or Lakers off that list, but the bulls should be on it, they have had the #1 defense in the league for 2 years in a row, as long as rose comes back healthy they can compete with any one of those teams.

Mr. LA
08-19-2012, 04:05 PM
why are knicks being mentioned here?? lol
Nash>>>>>>>Chalmers>>>>Felton
Bryant>>Wade>>>>>>>>>>>>Smith???
James>>>Melo>>>>>>>>Peace ... Peace owns Melo
Gasol>>>Bosh>>>>Amare
Howard>>>>>>>Chandler>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Haslem

Benches are all pretty even
Heat has best player on bench
Laker have best quality on bench
Knicks have most depth

Denero718305
08-19-2012, 04:06 PM

:facepalm::facepalm: Melo shot 37% when lebron guarded him... He got his points on battier

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2012, 04:07 PM
Nash>>>>>>>>Chalmers
Bryant>>Wade
Gasol>>>>Bosh
Jamison>Allen
Meeks>>?????
Hill>>>>?????
Blake>>?????

your opinion is whats actually funny. a realistic list looks more like this...

Nash>>Chalmers
Kobe=Wade
Metta=Battier
Pau<<<<Lebron
Howard>>Bosh

Jamison<Allen

blake=cole
meeks=miller/jones
ebanks<lewis
hill=haslem
clark<anthony
duhon=pittman

these comparisons are always debated but really that isn't how a game is decided anyway. to say miami has no shot is laughable and ignorant on your part.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 04:08 PM
wade is not greater then bryant on any planet and if that is the team that will be on the court how do honestly think heat can defend superman?

No the Heat have no answer for Dwight.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-19-2012, 04:10 PM
Refs System

dnewguy
08-19-2012, 04:11 PM
Best chance? Spurs...a high scoring and experienced team has a chance. Heat don't win low post battles anyways...but they have guys that can drive and guys that can shoot. Dwight Howard will be rendered ineffective. Regular season games don't matter to Miami, in the pay-offs, they will sweep the Lakers.

Chronz
08-19-2012, 04:12 PM
False, he shot 31% with Bron as the primary defender

xxplayerxx23

wade has been the better SG for years. Dwight will see a lot of doubles. Batier can leave MWP and help Bosh down low.

D12 fan
Dwight Howard vs Miami Heat

http://youtu.be/wuv2pp4BRuQ
Lebron/Wade bow down to Dwight,waving goodbye to their Nightmare at 5:30

24pts 25reb

Now add Dwight with Kobe/Pau/Nash it's a matchup nightmare for Miami.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 04:13 PM

90 percent of the series he wasn't guarded one on one by anybody including Bron. The double came almost everytime.

King41
08-19-2012, 04:14 PM
dallas will beat them in the finals again ! book it

Mr. LA
08-19-2012, 04:17 PM
The Nashty venoumous Black mamba attacked the small spanish town that was ran by the big spainard. The Big Spainard was the attacked by the crazy man.... But Superman saved the day!!!!!!!!

xxplayerxx23
dallas will beat them in the finals again ! book it

Did dirk and Marion go back in time?

KnicksorBust
This stupid thread is still going on? Wow. The OP obviously knows what the answer is. Unless he's a complete moron, which actually wouldn't surprise me.

I don't care what the vote is, acting like the Thunder are after-thoughts in this discussion is a joke. They have a ton of talent and are only getting better and better.

Captain Moroni
Knicks.

ATX
08-19-2012, 04:18 PM
Lakers replaced Bynum with Howard, and signed Nash who will be turning 39 at midseason. Now everyone is supposed to just hand them the trophy...As if OKC and MIA don't stand a chance. I certainly think LA can win it, but there are other contenders too, and I won't be the least bit surprised if LA doesn't get by OKC.

King41
08-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Did dirk and Marion go back in time?

you will see as long as dirk is a mav give this other fellas a chance

Lakerhead4ever
08-19-2012, 04:20 PM
Best chance? Spurs...a high scoring and experienced team has a chance. Heat don't win low post battles anyways...but they have guys that can drive and guys that can shoot. Dwight Howard will be rendered ineffective. Regular season games don't matter to Miami, in the pay-offs, they will sweep the Lakers.

Lol I like how your tryna play it cool and pick a team like the spurs. Also downplaying the fact the low post battles aren't important, that laughable. And im going to bypass the part where u said the heat will sweep the lakers. But the part that got me is where u said regular season game don't matter. Boy how your wrong. Ever heard of homecourt advantage? But it's cool. heat fans don't have a lot a experience with winning championships or games fort that matter so your comment is excusable

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 04:22 PM
Lakers replaced Bynum with Howard, and signed Nash who will be turning 39 at midseason. Now everyone is supposed to just hand them the trophy...As if OKC and MIA don't stand a chance. I certainly think LA can win it, but there are other contenders too, and I won't be the least bit surprised if LA doesn't get by OKC.

it will be okc and miami again.

cssdmark
08-19-2012, 04:22 PM
The Knicks and they will this year

MackSnackWrap
08-19-2012, 04:23 PM

False. He scored most of his points on Battier. And i don't see how knicks are considered to have a big shot. Philly New jersey Indiana and Boston all have a greater chance.

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2012, 04:23 PM
I voted Thunder only because I still think they'll come out of the West. If the Lakers do get to the finals they have the better matchup for Miami than OKC does though. But I like the Thunder's matchup vs LA.

Mr. LA
08-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Best 5 players at each position
Rondo..Westbrook..Paul..Williams..NASH
BRYANT..Ellis..Ginobilli..Wade..Johnson
Durant..James..Anthony..Iguadala..PEACE
Love..GASOL..Nowitzki..Griffin..Garnett
HOWARD..Bynum..Noah..Bogut..Lopez
6th man: JAMISON..Harden..Crawford..Allen..Lamb

very easy to see how the Lakers are easily the best team in basketball...

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 04:25 PM

But okc lost in four as well without all the injuries the Knicks had. Then NY adds depth and fills their gaps, but okc is elite and not he Knicks? Hmmmm

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 04:26 PM

On paper.

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 04:27 PM
False. He scored most of his points on Battier. And i don't see how knicks are considered to have a big shot. Philly New jersey Indiana and Boston all have a greater chance.

And this is why we actually play the games. Aside from Boston, I don't see it.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 04:28 PM

Dude are you bipolar?

In the NBA forum you say it will be OKC/Miami but in the Heat forum you said you are looking forward to beating the Lakers in the finals,and you never mentioned OKC as a threat.

I guess you troll the NBA forum,and show your true colors with your Heat brothers.

Denero718305
08-19-2012, 04:28 PM
Nash>>>>>>>>Chalmers
Bryant>>Wade
Gasol>>>>Bosh
Jamison>Allen
Meeks>>?????
Hill>>>>?????
Blake>>?????

Nash is a better point guard not a better basketball player then Mario. Nash needs the ball to be successful at his age. He is also a defensive liability. Kobe and Wade are about equal look at the stats head to head. I will not even acknowledge what you said about Metta guarding Bron.SMFH.. Lol at Gasol being better then Bosh.. Bosh eats Pau for breakfast, lunch and dinner.On defense they could easily switch Lebron on Pau and wont even allow him to get the ball..Heck you can even put him on Nash and Kobe and Lebron will have the advantage every time. Howard is your only clear cut advantage.. As far as the paint being clogged.. Howard would have to guard bosh on the perimeter. Same with Pau on Battier.. Making it so easy to either drive or kick to open shooters ( Ask Ibaka and Perkins)

Jamison>> Lewis
Meeks<<<<<<<<Allen
Hill<<<<<Haslem
Blake<<<Cole
Ebanks<<<<<<<<<<Miller
????<<< James Jones
????<<< Joel Anthony

Are u sure the Heat dont have a shot??:eyebrow:

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 04:29 PM
Dude are you bipolar?

In the NBA forum you say it will be OKC/Miami but in the Heat forum you said you are looking forward to beating the Lakers in the finals,and you never mentioned OKC as a threat.

I guess you troll the NBA forum,and show your true colors with your Heat brothers.

I want to beat the lakers but its going to be OKC in the finals vs miami. Dont worry, your not a lakers fan anyways.

Miami going for the repeat.

Good to know your keep up tabs on me tho. :)

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 04:30 PM
Nash is a better point guard not a better basketball player then Mario. Nash needs the ball to be successful at his age. He is also a defensive liability Kobe and Wade are about equal look at the stats head to head.Lol at Gasol being better then Bosh.. Bosh eats Pau for breakfast, lunch and dinner.On defense they could easily switch Lebron on Pau and wont even allow him to get the ball..Heck you can even put him on Nash and Kobe and Lebron will have the advantage every time. Howard is your only clear cut advantage.. As far as the paint being clogged.. Howard would have to guard bosh on the perimeter. Same with Pau on Battier.. Making it so easy to either drive or kick to open shooters ( Ask Ibaka and Perkins)

Jamison>> Lewis
Meeks<<<<<<<<Allen
Hill<<<<<Haslem
Blake<<<Cole
Ebanks<<<<<<<<<<Miller
????<<< James Jones
????<<< Joel Anthony

Why would you even respond to him? He is the most clueless poster i have ever seen. Do yourself and everyone else a favor and add him to your ignore list

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 04:31 PM
MR. LA fits right in with the NBA forum.

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2012, 04:32 PM

all the bolded shows how delusional you are. lol absolutely pathetic, troll on joker.

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 04:32 PM
MR. LA fits right in with the NBA forum.

I had to put him on ignore after the kobe=jordan and dwight=shaq comment. :laugh2:

Iv'e read some stupid **** on here before but never so much within one post.

Wait, i just saw his recent post hat someone quotes, ellis better than wade? lmao! to bad i have to read that trash when someone quotes him:sigh:

oak2455
08-19-2012, 04:33 PM
The Knicks are back!!! :dance:

You see the light :)

Minimal
08-19-2012, 04:34 PM
I have 3 teams in not particular order: Spurs, Celtics, Lakers

oak2455
08-19-2012, 04:35 PM
Baron Davis knee, ouch.

That was bad poor Baron....what a good guy too

Lakerhead4ever
08-19-2012, 04:37 PM
Nash is a better point guard not a better basketball player then Mario. Nash needs the ball to be successful at his age. He is also a defensive liability Kobe and Wade are about equal look at the stats head to head.Lol at Gasol being better then Bosh.. Bosh eats Pau for breakfast, lunch and dinner.On defense they could easily switch Lebron on Pau and wont even allow him to get the ball..Heck you can even put him on Nash and Kobe and Lebron will have the advantage every time. Howard is your only clear cut advantage.. As far as the paint being clogged.. Howard would have to guard bosh on the perimeter. Same with Pau on Battier.. Making it so easy to either drive or kick to open shooters ( Ask Ibaka and Perkins)

Jamison>> Lewis
Meeks<<<<<<<<Allen
Hill<<<<<Haslem
Blake<<<Cole
Ebanks<<<<<<<<<<Miller
????<<< James Jones
????<<< Joel Anthony

Funny Jamison is only a couple notches ahead of Lewis, and Meeks and Allen are in the same role and that's spot up shooting, yet Allen is miles ahead? And haslem and hill are equal. Miller is not that good though I will put him ahead of ebanks.

Also gasol is better than bosh. Just because bosh scream and flexes doesn't make him better.

bucketss
08-19-2012, 04:41 PM

lol that series wasnt not easy for sure. only reason it didnt go more games was because of the finals format

Lake_Show2416
08-19-2012, 04:44 PM
its going to be too easy, especially since the Lakers team actually compliments each other unlike relying on being able to win simply cuz the team overwhelms with more talent & has some focus

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 04:47 PM
its going to be too easy, especially since the Lakers team actually compliments each other unlike relying on being able to win simply cuz the team overwhelms with more talent & has some focus
Your right. Miami over OKC in 6 next june.

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 04:51 PM

Hope not

--23--
08-19-2012, 04:52 PM
Lakers by far has the best chance at beating Miami followed by the Celtics. If the Spurs pull off a season similar to last yr I'd choose them also, I believe they would've beat Miami in last yr finals.

bucketss
08-19-2012, 04:54 PM

its going to be easy. not 1 not 2 not 3 not 4 not 5 not 6 not 7 not 8:rolleyes:

Denero718305
Funny Jamison is only a couple notches ahead of Lewis, and Meeks and Allen are in the same role and that's spot up shooting, yet Allen is miles ahead? And haslem and hill are equal. Miller is not that good though I will put him ahead of ebanks.

Also gasol is better than bosh. Just because bosh scream and flexes doesn't make him better.

If Lewis is healthy he is about equal if not better then Jamison.. Since it is an "IF" i gave you Jamison. Yea Allen and Meeks have the same role but Allen is the greatest 3point shooter of all time................ He averaged 15ppg last year injured. Meeks?? meh.. Lmao at hill being equal to Haslem. Hill has been on like 4 teams already,he was drafted like 3 years ago. He was a bench warmer until Mike Brown thought " what the heck" and gave him some minutes. Udonis has been a proven veteran for the past 7-8years averaging 9.5ppg and 8.5rpg for his career.. The only advantage i will give Pau, is size. Besides that, give me Bosh any day.

Mr. LA
Going by more talent:
Howard>James
Bryant>Wade
Nash>Bosh
Gasol>Allen
Jamison>Chalmers
Peace>Haslem

Going by compliment
Wade..Rim guy
James..Rim guy
Bosh..Rim guy
Allen..Spot up shooter
Chalmers..Spot up shooter
Miller/lewis/jones spot up shooters
Haslem/Battier..defenders

Nash..Facilitator
Bryant..Scorer
Peace..Lock Down defender
Gasol...Pick and roll/Mid range
Howard...Rim defender
Jamison..Scorer
Meeks...Spot up shooter
Hill..Rebounder
Ebanks...defender/slasher

LAKers>>>>>>>Heat so much more better when it comes to complimentary pieces

Lake_Show2416
08-19-2012, 04:55 PM
Your right. Miami over OKC in 6 next june.

im sure thats who ur praying the Heat have to play but it wont be, we both kno it :cool:

Jaji
08-19-2012, 04:56 PM
I don't think anyone in the East has a chance TBH. Boston probably has the best chance, but even they're a long shot.

Out West I picked LAL to win the conference title before the Dwight trade. With him, they're that much better. Their two big men could give Miami's small ball problems but Miami's small ball can also give their two big men problems.

I can't wait til June.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 05:02 PM
If Lewis is healthy he is about equal if not better then Jamison..

:facepalm:A healthy Rashard Lewis still wouldn't be better than Jamison.Lewis has been done the past 3yrs,unless you think he will have magically get younger and his knees come back to life then you can at least put Lewis in the same breath as Jamison.

JNoel
08-19-2012, 05:05 PM
Going by more talent:
Howard>James
Bryant>Wade
Nash>Bosh
Gasol>Allen
Jamison>Chalmers
Peace>Haslem

Going by compliment
Wade..Rim guy
James..Rim guy
Bosh..Rim guy
Allen..Spot up shooter

Nash..Facilitator
Bryant..Scorer
Howard...Rim defender
Jamison..Scorer
Meeks...Spot up shooter
Hill..Rebounder

Lol they haven't even played a game yet, and your already talking about the Lakers being better than the Heat.

Did D12 fan create a dupe?

bucketss
08-19-2012, 05:08 PM
Going by more talent:
Howard>James
Bryant>Wade
Nash>Bosh
Gasol>Allen
Jamison>Chalmers
Peace>Haslem

Going by compliment
Wade..Rim guy
James..Rim guy
Bosh..Rim guy
Allen..Spot up shooter

Nash..Facilitator
Bryant..Scorer
Howard...Rim defender
Jamison..Scorer
Meeks...Spot up shooter
Hill..Rebounder

in what world is dwight better than lebron

also how can you say bosh is only rim but list gasol as midrange? bosh is a better shooter than gasol from anywhere including midrange

Denero718305
08-19-2012, 05:13 PM
Going by more talent:
Howard>James
Bryant>Wade
Nash>Bosh
Gasol>Allen
Jamison>Chalmers
Peace>Haslem

Going by compliment
Wade..Rim guy
James..Rim guy
Bosh..Rim guy
Allen..Spot up shooter

Nash..Facilitator
Bryant..Scorer
Howard...Rim defender
Jamison..Scorer
Meeks...Spot up shooter
Hill..Rebounder

Are you a Laker fan by any chance??:eyebrow:

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-19-2012, 05:14 PM
Going by more talent:
Howard>James
Bryant>Wade
Nash>Bosh
Gasol>Allen
Jamison>Chalmers
Peace>Haslem

Going by compliment
Wade..Rim guy
James..Rim guy
Bosh..Rim guy
Allen..Spot up shooter

Nash..Facilitator
Bryant..Scorer
Howard...Rim defender
Jamison..Scorer
Meeks...Spot up shooter
Hill..Rebounder

I love the lakers as much as you do, but Your over doing it now

Mr. LA
08-19-2012, 05:17 PM
How so..? what part do you think is just being a homer? I think it's all very true

JNoel
08-19-2012, 05:21 PM
How so..? what part do you think is just being a homer? I think it's all very true

Now we know your a Heat fan but no need to be so generous.

Fayzon10
08-19-2012, 05:23 PM

I have to say the Lakers because of their size.Miami weakness is their size,I think Dwight/Pau would dominate the Miami bigs in the paint.LA can feed the bigs the first 3qrt in have Kobe/Nash close it out in the 4th qrt.Lebron is a beast but I think having Dwight/Pau in the paint will make his job a lot harder trying to attack 2 7ft in the paint.To me if Miami/LA was to matchup in the Finals I think LA would have to many weapons to throw at Miami.

So yeah I think LA has the best chance to beat Miami next year,OKC still hasn't improved enough they need a post presence in the paint to beat Miami in my opinion. I think the lakers are missing one thing and thats a perimeter defender that's the one piece they lack, just watching them over the last few years Kobe, Nash, nor Metta can guard quicker guys anymore and to expect Dwight to clean up the mess and not get into foul trouble every now and then is unrealistic so that's the piece they need and once they get that they will be unstoppable.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 05:25 PM
Lol they haven't even played a game yet, and your already talking about the Lakers being better than the Heat.

Did D12 fan create a dupe?

:facepalm:Gotta love the hate.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 05:26 PM

Stop dude,it's too much.

Toastyy
08-19-2012, 05:27 PM
Whoever voted celtics are idiots

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 05:28 PM
Did he just say Howard>Lebron :laugh:

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 05:28 PM
I think the lakers are missing one thing and thats a perimeter defender that's the one piece they lack, just watching them over the last few years Kobe, Nash, nor Metta can guard quicker guys anymore and to expect Dwight to clean up the mess and not get into foul trouble every now and then is unrealistic so that's the piece they need and once they get that they will be unstoppable.

Yeah that will still be a problem vs OKC but Miami has no quick guards unless people still think Dwade is quick?

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 05:29 PM
Lakers for the Superbowl :dance:

JNoel
08-19-2012, 05:41 PM
lol their not even that good. They are one of the worst championship teams in history, seriously.

Talent? They may have been inconsistent but they were very focused after losing the 1st game

SteBO
08-19-2012, 05:41 PM
I know we're in the dog days of summer in the NBA with not much to talk about, but this is a good enough thread to generate discussion and you guys are derailing it, both sides. C'mon.

Jaji
08-19-2012, 05:46 PM
Going by more talent:
Howard>James
Bryant>Wade
Nash>Bosh
Gasol>Allen
Jamison>Chalmers
Peace>Haslem

Going by compliment
Wade..Rim guy
James..Rim guy
Bosh..Rim guy
Allen..Spot up shooter

Nash..Facilitator
Bryant..Scorer
Howard...Rim defender
Jamison..Scorer
Meeks...Spot up shooter
Hill..Rebounder

What a horrible post. :facepalm:

This is your breakdown? Seriously?

So everyone can only do one thing? LeBron James, for all he brings to the game of basketball can be summed up as "rim guy"?

According to your analysis, Meeks = Ray Allen, both "spot up shooters". That's it?

Battier is just a defender, but Artest? He's a "lockdown defender". Right. Of course the fact that LeBron is a better defender than Artest means nothing because he is just a "rim guy" and that's all he brings to the table.

I could go on and on but your stupidity really isn't worth my time.

BleedingGreen9
08-19-2012, 05:54 PM

x2

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 05:55 PM
I didn't think I said anything bad :shrug:

BobbyHillSwag
08-19-2012, 05:56 PM

you didnt dude is trippin hard, I know i didnt say anything bad either.

SteBO
08-19-2012, 05:58 PM

you didnt dude is trippin hard, I know i didnt say anything bad either.
You both responded to a deleted post. If you hate someone's posting ignore it. By responding, you are making things worse than it needs to be. Simple.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 06:06 PM
Lakers gonna be a problem for anyone,Heat fans should stop fronting because they no they scared of the Lakers potential to be the next dynasty.

dc5jdm
08-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Haha I enjoy reading Mr.LA post. He's the biggest homer I've seen, I'm a Lakers fan as well and I never seen homer this bad. Good **** though bro keep repping that LA.

dc5jdm
08-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Back on topic, I believe Lakers posses the biggest threat to the heat due to the size inside. Howard has always given Miami trouble and you pair him up with gasol who just went to work on team USA with the DPOY guarding him. That's easily the best front court in the NBA. Now you have Kobe in my opinion the second best player in that series and he's still one of the better closers in the league. Nash is still playing at a very high skilled level and that's all trouble for anyone. Let's not forget thay MWP is a very capable defender that can make James work a little harder for his buckets. The bench improved and Its going to be very interesting to see how the season unfolds. Miami isn't a pushover team as they are champions but for the question LA has the best possibility to dethrone the heat IF the Lakers gel.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 06:16 PM
You both responded to a deleted post. If you hate someone's posting ignore it. By responding, you are making things worse than it needs to be. Simple.

No biggie just wanted to see what I did.

SteBO
08-19-2012, 06:18 PM
Lakers gonna be a problem for anyone,Heat fans should stop fronting because they no they scared of the Lakers potential to be the next dynasty.
You'd be quite delusional if you honestly think Miami fans are scared. Honestly, after all the **** they've had to put up with nationally and even locally in spots the past two years, to come out on top last year has them believing they can pull it off again, even without a center. They won playing a particular style of ball, and they managed pretty well against BIG teams. The Lakers are without question the latest challenge the Heat would face in a Finals appearance, but OKC is just as lethal and they've at least proven themselves as opposed to the Lakers, who are nothing but a "paper" team at this point.

Some of you guys in here act like Miami stands no chance anymore and should be struck by fear, when they have LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and a more than competent supporting cast. The Heat have proven themselves as champions, and they have no reason to be fearful of any team that stands in their way at this point. Gonna be one hell of season though, that's for sure.

SteBO
08-19-2012, 06:19 PM
No biggie just wanted to see what I did.
:love:

seikou8
08-19-2012, 06:20 PM
this is funny as hell

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 06:21 PM
You'd be quite delusional if you honestly think Miami fans are scared. Honestly, after all the **** they've had to put up with nationally and even locally in spots the past two years, to come out on top last year has them believing they can pull it off again, even without a center. They won playing a particular style of ball, and they managed pretty well against BIG teams. The Lakers are without question the latest challenge the Heat would face in a Finals appearance, but OKC is just as lethal and they've at least proven themselves as opposed to the Lakers, who are nothing but a "paper" team at this point.

Some of you guys in here act like Miami stands no chance anymore and should be struck by fear, when they have LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Chris Bosh, and a more than competent supporting cast. The Heat have proven themselves as champions, and they have no reason to be fearful of any team that stands in their way at this point. Gonna be one hell of season though, that's for sure.

:clap:

seikou8
08-19-2012, 06:23 PM

best post of the day by far

JasonJohnHorn
08-19-2012, 06:28 PM
i think the Bobcats will be able to take them out. Miami won't match up well against MKG.

Mr. LA
08-19-2012, 06:32 PM
Could see i'm pretty popular here lol.... Honestly I wasnt trying to be a homer, i spoke the truth and even if it was a little biased... I still think most non laker haterz agree that the Lakers are the best team by a wide margin...at least on paper... and I dont see how chemisrty would be any issue... Nash doesnt even want to shoot the ball his plan is to create ope shots for everyone, Gasol tried his best to create easy oppurtunities for bynum and he'll do the same for Howard, Peace could care less about getting shots his goal is lock down the oppositions best player and Howard sometimes is gonna want the ball but he knows his main priority is to guard the rim, bryant will hog at times but he proved in the olympics he is willing to pass to other superstars if it will help the team, besides bryant could hog with this team if he wants, all 5 guys are excellent passers for thier position and they are all class acts... you can call dwight a drama queen, peace a crazy man, and bryant a ballhog selfish egotistical maniac all you want but they are all class acts on this team and should have no problem all knowing their roles

seikou8
08-19-2012, 06:35 PM
Could see i'm pretty popular here lol... Honestly I wasnt trying to be a homer, i spoke the truth and even if it was a little biased... I still think most non laker haterz agree that the Lakers are the best team by a wide margin...at least on paper... and I dont see how chemisrty would be any issue... Nash doesnt even want to shoot the ball his plan is to create ope shots for everyone, Gasol tried his best to create easy oppurtunities for bynum and he'll do the same for Howard, Peace could care less about getting shots his goal is lock down the oppositions best player and Howard sometimes is gonna want the ball but he knows his main priority is to guard the rim, bryant will hog at times but he proved in the olympics he is willing to pass to other superstars if it will help the team, besides bryant could hog with this team if he wants, all 5 guys are excellent passers for thier position and they are all class acts... you can call dwight a drama queen, peace a crazy man, and bryant a ballhog selfish egotistical maniac all you want but they are all class acts on this team and should have no problem all knowing their roles

cool story bro :)

Dade County
08-19-2012, 06:35 PM

:hi5:

I mean, I think the Lakers are going to be a very good team, but I also think that OKC or the Clippers will make it out of the west ( Clippers mainly because of entertainment reasons ).

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 06:38 PM
Could see i'm pretty popular here lol.... Honestly I wasnt trying to be a homer, i spoke the truth and even if it was a little biased... I still think most non laker haterz agree that the Lakers are the best team by a wide margin...at least on paper... and I dont see how chemisrty would be any issue... Nash doesnt even want to shoot the ball his plan is to create ope shots for everyone, Gasol tried his best to create easy oppurtunities for bynum and he'll do the same for Howard, Peace could care less about getting shots his goal is lock down the oppositions best player and Howard sometimes is gonna want the ball but he knows his main priority is to guard the rim, bryant will hog at times but he proved in the olympics he is willing to pass to other superstars if it will help the team, besides bryant could hog with this team if he wants, all 5 guys are excellent passers for thier position and they are all class acts... you can call dwight a drama queen, peace a crazy man, and bryant a ballhog selfish egotistical maniac all you want but they are all class acts on this team and should have no problem all knowing their roles

Best team by a wide margin? Hysterical. Cant wait to see hem actually play a game together.

Hawkeye15
08-19-2012, 06:42 PM
I voted the Thunder only because I have no idea what the Lakers will look like until I see them. But the Heat's main weakness is size, so you would think the Lakers is the obvious answer here since they should be able to score well in the paint against the Heat defense. Well, as you can score against that defense.

Hawkeye15
08-19-2012, 06:45 PM
I still think Miami is the best team in the NBA however. LeBron has grown into the best player on the planet, and the margin has gotten bigger between him and anyone else. I will pick whatever team he is on to win if I am forced to pick a winner.

dc5jdm
08-19-2012, 06:48 PM
I still think Miami is the best team in the NBA however. LeBron has grown into the best player on the planet, and the margin has gotten bigger between him and anyone else. I will pick whatever team he is on to win if I am forced to pick a winner.

Lick his nuts already.

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 06:51 PM
I don't think anyone in the East has a chance TBH. Boston probably has the best chance, but even they're a long shot.

Out West I picked LAL to win the conference title before the Dwight trade. With him, they're that much better. Their two big men could give Miami's small ball problems but Miami's small ball can also give their two big men problems.

I can't wait til June.

To me this is he biggest problem with fans today. June? You are excited for June? You do know the season starts in the fall right?
I'm excited for opening night, tough rivalries, Christmas day tipoffs....and fans of the new NBA just want to get past all of it and just play a championship series.
Am I the only fan that looks forward to playing ALL the games?
What are fans going do do if Lebron or Kobe have an injury like rose suffered last year? What if the lakers don't mesh and can't make it work in LA? Assumptions are fun, and "on paper" projections are all the rage this time of year. Does anyone just want to see basketball anymore? Or just skip to the end?

mamba24
08-19-2012, 06:51 PM

So yeah I think LA has the best chance to beat Miami next year,OKC still hasn't improved enough they need a post presence in the paint to beat Miami in my opinion.

it's you band wagon lakers fans that make us all look bad. thread was not necessary...

Mr. LA
08-19-2012, 06:52 PM
guys think about it for a minute... How many of you were afraid to play the Magic when they had Howard alone??
How many of you had a fear that you would lose to the suns because steve nash is just that damn good
How many of you feared the lakers when they just had Bryant and Pau?

think about that for a minute....

Now who the heck feared the toronto raptors when they had bosh??? no one right??
Who seriously was shaking to face the heat when they only had Wade? werrent raptors and heat two of the worse teams in the nba when they only had wade and bosh??

Suns are a playoff with just Nash and a bunch of nobodies that Nash makes look better then are and the Magic were a freaking contender with just Howard and a bunch of three point shooter that were wide open only because of Dwight...

And the Cavs that only had Lebron got dismantled by the Magic team that only had Dwight
think about that please....

seikou8
08-19-2012, 06:54 PM
To me this is he biggest problem with fans today. June? You are excited for June? You do know the season starts in the fall right?
I'm excited for opening night, tough rivalries, Christmas day tipoffs....and fans of the new NBA just want to get past all of it and just play a championship series.
Am I the only fan that looks forward to playing ALL the games?
What are fans going do do if Lebron or Kobe have an injury like rose suffered last year? What if the lakers don't mesh and can't make it work in LA? Assumptions are fun, and "on paper" projections are all the rage this time of year. Does anyone just want to see basketball anymore? Or just skip to the end?

i am with you man

dc5jdm
08-19-2012, 06:55 PM
The Knicks have no shot, the celtics have a slim chance, the nets will be eaten for breakfast and the Sixers ain't ready. Out West things change, the clippers could make it an entertaining series, the spurs hmm not sure how theyl play after theur collapse. The thunder improve by being more experienced and could maybe win one more game in a series vs the heat. Let's talk about LA now, they could beat the heat if they gel and get going. Lakers clicking on all cylinders is like detonating several nuclear weapons at one time.

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 06:56 PM

In all fairness, with wade, bosh, battier, Lewis, Allen, Chalmers, Haslem and Anthony, you could put any bull, knick, sixer, Celtic, net, magic, hawk, wizard, raptor, pacer, on that team instead of Lebron and still win the east.

YOu could put Lebron on all those teams in place of their best player and he couldn't make them champs.

So Carmelo Anthony and Lebron James switch teams today, would NY suddenly win he east? Probably not, but miami would still win it.

Lebron is as good as the stacked team around him.

dc5jdm
08-19-2012, 06:58 PM
in all fairness, with wade, bosh, battier, lewis, allen, chalmers, haslem and anthony, you could put any bull, knick, sixer, celtic, net, magic, hawk, wizard, raptor, pacer, on that team instead of lebron and still win the east.

Ou could put lebron on all those teams in place of their best player and he couldn't make them champs.

+1

seikou8
08-19-2012, 07:05 PM
In all fairness, with wade, bosh, battier, Lewis, Allen, Chalmers, Haslem and Anthony, you could put any bull, knick, sixer, Celtic, net, magic, hawk, wizard, raptor, pacer, on that team instead of Lebron and still win the east.

YOu could put Lebron on all those teams in place of their best player and he couldn't make them champs.

So Carmelo Anthony and Lebron James switch teams today, would NY suddenly win he east? Probably not, but miami would still win it.

miami wouldn't have made out the first round with out lebron and look at cavs teams he was on they aren't stacked at all mo Williams was his second best teammate . the knicks with lebron are championship contender.did you see wade in playoffs man.with carmelo the knicks are bordline if stat comes back then we are

JordansBulls
08-19-2012, 07:10 PM
in what world is dwight better than lebron

also how can you say bosh is only rim but list gasol as midrange? bosh is a better shooter than gasol from anywhere including midrange
Last year he wasn't but in 2009 you can argue it when Dwight beat Lebron with an inferior team that had a weaker SRS rating and no proven champions on his squad.

JordansBulls
08-19-2012, 07:11 PM
miami wouldn't have made out the first round with out lebron and look at cavs teams he was on they aren't stacked at all mo Williams was his second best teammate . the knicks with lebron are championship contender.did you see wade in playoffs man.with carmelo the knicks are bordline if stat comes back then we are

Stop saying Mo Williams. That team had Ben Wallace (only allstar on a team that won it all, Big Z an allstar before Lebron came and in Lebron's 2nd year and then of course Shaq a 3x finals mvp winner). they weren't in there primes, but they still were proven winners and certainly better than anything Dwight had.

SteBO
08-19-2012, 07:12 PM

There's no base behind this post at all. LeBron James damn near took over the entire ECF by himself, and Bosh was non-existent in the 2nd Round and only made an impact in the entire playoffs up until Game 7 against Boston (just in time too :phew:) And outside 5 halves of basketball in the Indiana series, Wade was played like a broken player, which he was; he had surgery about a week after Miami clinched the title. Bottom line is, no LeBron, no title. Point Blank. To say you can replace Carmelo w/ LeBron and still win it all is laughable at best.

seikou8
08-19-2012, 07:13 PM
Stop saying Mo Williams. That team had Ben Wallace (only allstar on a team that won it all, Big Z an allstar before Lebron came and in Lebron's 2nd year and then of course Shaq a 3x finals mvp winner).

:rolleyes::laugh2::laugh2::laugh:

BobbyHillSwag
08-19-2012, 07:15 PM

While I think a player like Carmelo would do even better for that team than lebron, im realizing im def in the minority here. You are underrating lebron severly if you think Any player could just replace what he did for miami heat. Matter of fact, heat is one of the weak championship teams this league has seen. Lebron did so much for that team it's not even funny.

JordansBulls
08-19-2012, 07:15 PM

How did I know you would say this?:)

SteBO
08-19-2012, 07:18 PM
While I think a player like Carmelo would do even better for that team than lebron, im realizing im def in the minority here. You are underrating lebron severly if you think Any player could just replace what he did for miami heat. Matter of fact, heat is one of the weak championship teams this league has seen. Lebron did so much for that team it's not even funny.
What do you base that on? Enlighten me.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 07:21 PM

:pity: Wait to you hear this.

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 07:24 PM

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 07:25 PM
Next year the Knicks will be a threat. Quote me :dance: always wanted to say that :dance2:

SteBO
08-19-2012, 07:30 PM
In the grand scheme of things, if Miami is at the point where they're worrying about the Lakers, then they have a "great" problem; it means that they're in the Finals. But if I'm the Lakers, I don't see how they've solved any of the problems that plagued them against the Thunder. Russell Westbrook should still have his way and they have noone to stop Durant from doing what he wants on offense. Dwight Howard alone isn't going to completely resolve those issues, which are a lack of speed & athleticism on the wings to go along with lack of floor spacing, especially if Meeks isn't shooting well.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 07:32 PM
In the grand scheme of things, if Miami is at the point where they're worrying about the Lakers, then they have a "great" problem; it means that they're in the Finals. But if I'm the Lakers, I don't see how they've solved any of the problems that plagued them against the Thunder. Russell Westbrook should still have his way and they have noone to stop Durant from doing what he wants on offense. Dwight Howard alone isn't going to completely resolve those issues, which are a lack of athleticism on the wings and lack of floor spacing, especially if Meeks isn't shooting well.

Well. Westbrook is still going to get his but Nash is a tough cover. Nash can work with anyone and now is working with the best big man in the game. Dwight can roam because Perkins isn't an effiective offensive player. I agree Durant and westy will still be a huge factor and Harden should play well but Dwight will keep Westy from going to the paint with ease like he did last year.

SteBO
08-19-2012, 07:39 PM
Well. Westbrook is still going to get his but Nash is a tough cover. Nash can work with anyone and now is working with the best big man in the game. Dwight can roam because Perkins isn't an effiective offensive player. I agree Durant and westy will still be a huge factor and Harden should play well but Dwight will keep Westy from going to the paint with ease like he did last year.
True, true.

Offense is the biggest improvement the Lakers have made with the Nash signing without question. Unless Mike Brown interferes, the Lakers have almost no excuse not to be a top 5 offense in the league. Dwight is a problem for any team in the NBA on offense and defense, but while Dwight has played well against Perkins in the past, it hardly matters that much. Just play Dwight Howard straight up, and if he scores, he scores. I say this because I don't view Mike Brown is a good coach at all, and I have an inkling that he's going to force Dwight post-ups as opposed to getting him the ball on the move.

If I'm a Laker fan, I want Nash calling the shots on offense and nobody else. If you allow Mike Brown to call the shots, your offense is screwed and you'll probably end up seeing more Kobe Bryant iso's than you can stand.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 07:46 PM
True, true.

Offense is the biggest improvement the Lakers have made with the Nash signing without question. Unless Mike Brown interferes, the Lakers have almost no excuse not to be a top 5 offense in the league. Dwight is a problem for any team in the NBA on offense and defense, but while Dwight has played well against Perkins in the past, it hardly matters that much. Just play Dwight Howard straight up, and if he scores, he scores. I say this because I don't view Mike Brown is a good coach at all, and I have an inkling that he's going to force Dwight post-ups as opposed to getting him the ball on the move.

If I'm a Laker fan, I want Nash calling the shots on offense and nobody else. If you allow Mike Brown to call the shots, your offense is screwed and you'll probably end up seeing more Kobe Bryant iso's than you can stand.

I agree. I think Nash is the guy that has to run the offense for them to be sucessfull. If kobe goes Iso like last year they are in trouble. But Nash-Dwight Pick and Roll's :drool: The thing is Dwight can take over series at least IMO he can. Nash will have an easy time doing what he does best with Dwight as his big man. Should be intresting to see how much Mike Brown gets in things lol.

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 07:59 PM
There's no base behind this post at all. LeBron James damn near took over the entire ECF by himself, and Bosh was non-existent in the 2nd Round and only made an impact in the entire playoffs up until Game 7 against Boston (just in time too :phew:) And outside 5 halves of basketball in the Indiana series, Wade was played like a broken player, which he was; he had surgery about a week after Miami clinched the title. Bottom line is, no LeBron, no title. Point Blank. To say you can replace Carmelo w/ LeBron and still win it all is laughable at best.

Hate to tell you this, but there is no base to anything posted in this thread either. Is that not the whole point of opening up an anonymous account and posting ridiculous assumptions that are 99% guesswork?
You don't know that Carmelo Anthony or Paul Pierce could not have led Miami to a championship last year, you're just so in love with one player that you can't see anyone else. Lebron is an awesome talent, but there are others in that category as well. That was my point.

Mave1002
08-19-2012, 08:03 PM
Alot of teams. Not just the Lakers. It's unbelievable that they actually had a walk in the park in the playoffs, going against a mediocre NYK, a so so Pacers team, then almost got knocked out by an aging Boston team.

Ill say it again, they wouldnt have made it to the finals if they were in the eastern conference bracket. No way in hell they couldve run past the Mavs, Lakers and Spurs and beat the Thunder in the Finals.

Uh uh.

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 08:04 PM
Next year the Knicks will be a threat. Quote me :dance: always wanted to say that :dance2:

Shhhh don't spoil the surprise!

BobbyHillSwag
08-19-2012, 08:09 PM
Hate to tell you this, but there is no base to anything posted in this thread either. Is that not the whole point of opening up an anonymous account and posting ridiculous assumptions that are 99% guesswork?
You don't know that Carmelo Anthony or Paul Pierce could not have led Miami to a championship last year, you're just so in love with one player that you can't see anyone else. Lebron is an awesome talent, but there are others in that category as well. That was my point.

I dont think Ive ever put a whole post in bold but this one deserves it :clap:

Their points don't have bases to it either it's just majority so they go along with it. Lets be real 90% of fans of the game today are just sheeple in a way. They follow whatever the media tells them or just go by the plain majority. Anyways, I absolutely think Carmelo could have replaced Lebron on that team and they still would of won a chip. Matter of fact, I think they beat boston easier if they had carmelo. While having a tougher time with okc. My opinion is not in the majority so by some posters I would get the ":facepalm:" or ":rolleyes:" hell, maybe even the ":speechless:" or ":o".
Just on the fact that most people are sheeple(followers). Well, atleast I know this post will be deleted most likely by one of the sheep. Btw sheep is not insulting anyone so take it how you want it.

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 08:10 PM
Alot of teams. Not just the Lakers. It's unbelievable that they actually had a walk in the park in the playoffs, going against a mediocre NYK, a so so Pacers team, then almost got knocked out by an aging Boston team.

Ill say it again, they wouldnt have made it to the finals if they were in the eastern conference bracket. No way in hell they couldve run past the Mavs, Lakers and Spurs and beat the Thunder in the Finals.

Uh uh.

They did win the East......?

BobbyHillSwag
08-19-2012, 08:13 PM

Their points don't have bases to it either it's just majority so they go along with it. Lets be real 90% of fans of the game today are just sheeple in a way. They follow whatever the media tells them or just go by the plain majority. Anyways, I absolutely think Carmelo could have replaced Lebron on that team and they still would of won a chip. Matter of fact, I think they beat boston easier if they had carmelo. While having a tougher time with okc. My opinion is not in the majority so by some posters I would get the ":facepalm:" or ":rolleyes:" hell, maybe even the ":speechless:" or ":o".
Just on the fact that most people are sheeple(followers). Well, atleast I know this post will be deleted most likely by one of the sheep. Btw sheep is not insulting anyone so take it how you want it.

Lakers are still probably the best team in the nba though

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 08:16 PM

On paper I agree. Like most I still want to see them actually play together first before crowning them champs.

bucketss
08-19-2012, 08:18 PM

Uh uh.

you mean western conf., keeping making excuses for why miami won.

beasted86
08-19-2012, 08:20 PM

For you to sit here and basically say you could replace the current reigning MVP of the 2012 season with either Pierce or Anthony, neither of which received even 1 singular vote for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th place, is pretty "moronic" to say the least.

Yes, there are other players that might have been able to lead Miami to a championship last year, but Anthony nor Pierce are one of them. It doesn't even warrant a response if you logic is that flawed. I'm not sure why I even wasted my time. :facepalm:

ztilzer31
08-19-2012, 08:20 PM

Someone pimp slap this guy.

bucketss
08-19-2012, 08:25 PM

lol no, without bosh they needed lebron to anchor a huge defensive load. with melo they would definitely get blown out in a quick sweep if melo replaced lebron against okc or boston, probably get one on boston.

Captain Moroni
08-19-2012, 08:25 PM
For you to sit here and basically say you could replace the current reigning MVP of the 2012 season with either Pierce or Anthony, neither of which received even 1 singular vote for 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or 5th place, is pretty "moronic" to say the least.

Yes, there are other players that might have been able to lead Miami to a championship last year, but Anthony nor Pierce are one of them. It doesn't even warrant a response if you logic is that flawed. I'm not sure why I even wasted my time. :facepalm:

Whatever makes you feel good.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 08:37 PM
I love Lebron James as a player,but lets not forget the impact of Dwight people forget Dwight owned Lebron in the 2008 ECF,everybody had the Lebron/Kobe Finals and puppets,Dwight tooked that away from everybody.Im just saying you have to look at the impact that Dwight makes on both ends of the floor,he is just as impactful as Lebron.

After saying all that,Lebron is still the best player in the world.

SteBO
08-19-2012, 08:47 PM

Norris Cole, Mario Chalmers, Shane Battier, and Mike Miller DO NOT have the moments they had in last years playoffs if it weren't for the attention that LeBron garnered all game, every game. Why? He's an elite passer out of double/triple teams, something Carmelo Anthony simply is not. He's a scoring machine, and that's that. If you want to make your boy 'Melo feel like he's better than he really is, you can continue to gloss over this proven FACT. It doesn't matter how good you think 'Melo, Pierce, or others within reason are, because none are better than LeBron James and that isn't to slight them in any way. It just is what it is, sorry to say. But then again, maybe I'm not sorry :)

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 08:52 PM
Are people trying to discredit Lebron again? Come on guys. I hate Lebron but I respect him. Wade wasn't the same the role players were meh and Bosh was hurt. Lebron went into beast mode and carried his team past a very good Pacers team without Bosh. He went into beast mode again in the celtics series. Game 6? Game 7? What did he do? Take over. Against durant? The guy is an animal and deserved it. You take Lebron and put any other player in the game in his spot they don't make it past the pacers (If they somehow did then they had no chance against the celtics no other man does what he did in game 6)

bucketss
08-19-2012, 08:52 PM
I love Lebron James as a player,but lets not forget the impact of Dwight people forget Dwight owned Lebron in the 2008 ECF,everybody had the Lebron/Kobe Finals and puppets,Dwight tooked that away from everybody.Im just saying you have to look at the impact that Dwight makes on both ends of the floor,he is just as impactful as Lebron.

lol @ owned. first of all. lebron and d12 play two different positions. second lebron dropped like 38 8 8 and a 37 per in that series he completely beasted.

SteBO
08-19-2012, 08:53 PM

Finally we can agree to an extent on something. But I don't think the 2009 ECF is a great reference to how Dwight will be utilized this time around in LA. His defensive presence inside isn't going to change at any point, but on offense it could be different depending on who's calling the shots. Orlando had a ton of 3pt shooting. The Lakers have nowhere close to that on this roster. I don't think they're going to be a great threat from beyond the 3pt arc.

Hardaway Here
08-19-2012, 08:56 PM

On paper it looks that way, but I reserve judgement til I actually see them play a season with a healthy full roster

DoubleDragon
08-19-2012, 08:57 PM

Agreed.
Exactly.
Hmmmm, I wonder who it might be??
C'mon man, start a more interesting thread.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 08:57 PM
lol @ owned. first of all. lebron and d12 play two different positions. second lebron dropped like 38 8 8 and a 37 per in that series he completely beasted.

I see you didn't watch the series that much,Lebron was hitting mostly jumpers Dwight owned the paint on offense/defense.Dwight was the best player in that series if you truly watch the whole series.

Hardaway Here
08-19-2012, 09:02 PM
I see you didn't watch the series that much,Lebron was hitting mostly jumpers Dwight owned the paint on offense/defense.Dwight was the best player in that series if you truly watch the whole series.

The fact that you admitted yourself he was hitting mostly jumpers proved Dwight took nothing away from his game

Knicks4life34
08-19-2012, 09:04 PM
With the acquisition of dhoward and Steve Nash you have to say the lakers

bucketss
08-19-2012, 09:05 PM

what a homer, lebron had one of the most dominant individual playoff series i have ever seen

smh.

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 09:06 PM
The fact that you admitted yourself he was hitting mostly jumpers proved Dwight took nothing away from his game

He took away Lebron drives in the paint,that's why he was taken so many jumpers.Lebron in 08 was known for driving and attacking the basket,he just so happen to get hot and make a lot of jumpers,if his jumpers wasn't fallen Orlando would have swept Cleveland in that series.

HeaTxRipZz
08-19-2012, 09:09 PM
Gonna go with LA

Hardaway Here
08-19-2012, 09:11 PM
He took away Lebron drives in the paint,that's why he was taken so many jumpers.Lebron in 08 was known for driving and attacking the basket,he just so happen to get hot and make a lot of jumpers,if his jumpers wasn't fallen Orlando would have swept Cleveland in that series.

Exactly the Lebron in 08 I'm not a Lebron fan but you have to admit that although he still attacks the basket he is not the same player anymore and if you really think DWade and Lebron will be scared to drive it in on Dwight your crazy

Green_Monster
08-19-2012, 09:13 PM

Yup. Teams can't do anything when Lebron and Wade drive into the paint. They throw their arms up and yell, and it's an automatic 2 shots.

Until the refs go back to their old ways, the Heat will be hard to stop.

Eagles710
08-19-2012, 09:14 PM
This should be changed imo to who has the best chance to beat the lakers

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 09:14 PM
Exactly the Lebron in 08 I'm not a Lebron fan but you have to admit that although he still attacks the basket he is not the same player anymore and if you really think DWade and Lebron will be scared to drive it in on Dwight your crazy

Na, he's just all over dwights nuts. I would call him a homer but he's not even a true fan. He's just a dwight fanboy who thinks he has a clue. Anyone thinking wade or bron is scared to attack dwight is a ****ing idiot.

SportsFanatic10
08-19-2012, 09:16 PM

exactly. if the heat and lakers meet in the finals i think howard will run into foul trouble at some point for at least 2 of the games. and he'll also have to guard bosh jumpers. his rebounding will hurt the heat for sure though.

Munkeysuit
08-19-2012, 09:27 PM
Best chance at beating the Heat, probably the the Lakers on paper so far.
I am not into predicting things like who will be in the finals and ish like that.
I just go with the last 2 best teams out of respect to them, I am Miami Heat fan though, and I try my very best not to be biased.
It's hard not to be biased at times because some fans have so much passion for their teams that they cannot say anything negative or maybe even find it hard to count them out of the big picture...it's even harder for us Heat fans now that we have the title in South Beach.
I would love to see Miami and OKC in the finals again, and even as a Heat fan, would love to see Nash finally win one as well. It just so happens I am a die hard NC fan so Jamison would certainly be on my list of deserving players to be handed a ring too, so I would be fine with it going either way (out of respect)
But I cannot and will not say the Lakers are the favorites to win it all, I will not predict anything until they play some damn games! it's just immature and flat out ridiculous to pretend you can tell the future, so stop that ish and snap out that effin dream.

todu82
08-19-2012, 09:42 PM
The Lakers.

BobbyHillSwag
08-19-2012, 10:33 PM
seriously, miami isnt even the team to beat and they are the champs

justinnum1
08-19-2012, 10:35 PM
seriously, miami isnt even the team to beat and they are the champs

In your opinion.

Guppyfighter
08-19-2012, 10:52 PM
Clippers shouldn't be on there. They are a middle of the road play off team. Knocked off in the second round will be their ceiling. However, it all comes down to match ups. Bucks beat the Heat, why? Because of Bogut and his size. So who can knock the Heat off in the playoffs next year? Pacers, Lakers, Thunder, Celtics, and Sixers.

Will they? No idea, but those are the only teams with a chance. I am not including western conference teams that could beat them unless they had a shot at the finals. Spurs don't match up well, but they can make the finals.

chitownredbulls
08-19-2012, 10:58 PM
I think the nets have a better chance at beating the heat than the knicks do....just being honest...:clap:

bucketss
08-19-2012, 11:08 PM
Clippers shouldn't be on there. They are a middle of the road play off team. Knocked off in the second round will be their ceiling. However, it all comes down to match ups. Bucks beat the Heat, why? Because of Bogut and his size. So who can knock the Heat off in the playoffs next year? Pacers, Lakers, Thunder, Celtics, and Sixers.

Will they? No idea, but those are the only teams with a chance. I am not including western conference teams that could beat them unless they had a shot at the finals. Spurs don't match up well, but they can make the finals.

too bad bogut only played against the heat once last year, didn't really dominate and it was a game dwade didn't play.

seikou8
08-19-2012, 11:09 PM
i think the nets have a better chance at beating the heat than the knicks do....just being honest...:clap:

want a cookie

shep33
08-19-2012, 11:16 PM
Right now, OKC. Harden isn't going to play that horribly again imo. Russy played pretty well in the Finals, and KD was a monster. We talk about KD as if he got demolished by LBJ. Not quite the case, I mean KD still put up 31 ppg and 6 rpg on 55% shooting, and 40% from beyond the arc. LBJ is still the best in the world, but Durant is becoming absolutely unstoppable offensively. Kid is only 23... scary stuff

The Lakers and Spurs are right there too. Spurs depth will always be a problem for teams.

seikou8
08-19-2012, 11:18 PM
Right now, OKC. Harden isn't going to play that horribly again imo. Russy played pretty well in the Finals, and KD was a monster. We talk about KD as if he got demolished by LBJ. Not quite the case, I mean KD still put up 31 ppg and 6 rpg on 55% shooting, and 40% from beyond the arc. LBJ is still the best in the world, but Durant is becoming absolutely unstoppable offensively. Kid is only 23... scary stuff

The Lakers and Spurs are right there too. Spurs depth will always be a problem for teams.

BUT THE LEBRON HOMER TELL ME THAT WAS ALL SHANE HE ONLY SCORED ON HIM :rolleyes:

chitownredbulls
08-19-2012, 11:22 PM
want a cookie

no but a cup cake will do..haha...:D

chitownredbulls
08-19-2012, 11:22 PM
BUT THE LEBRON HOMER TELL ME THAT WAS ALL SHANE HE ONLY SCORED ON HIM :rolleyes:

want a cookie?

seikou8
08-19-2012, 11:34 PM
want a cookie?

ORIGINAL NICE :cool:

Da Knicks
08-19-2012, 11:38 PM
Knicks

The goods
08-19-2012, 11:38 PM

That's what scares me about the heat, the refs.

C-Style
08-19-2012, 11:41 PM

They were against Tyson and Dallas

Ethix11
08-19-2012, 11:55 PM
Miami plays small ball now. Those 7 footers LA have arent going to be a factor because they will just shoot from behind the arc. Also, Heat defense is way better. Boston is the team with a shot. In fact, I don't even think LA can beat the Celtics. The Lakers are a great team on paper, which is great against regular season fodder but they don't have the mettle to beat the eastern powerhouses. The west plays softer, they won't grind it out of a 7 game series.

Guppyfighter
08-20-2012, 12:12 AM
Miami plays small ball now. Those 7 footers LA have arent going to be a factor because they will just shoot from behind the arc. Also, Heat defense is way better. Boston is the team with a shot. In fact, I don't even think LA can beat the Celtics. The Lakers are a great team on paper, which is great against regular season fodder but they don't have the mettle to beat the eastern powerhouses. The west plays softer, they won't grind it out of a 7 game series.

Clippers have guys that are dirty and grind it out. Grizzlies are the grind it out squad, Lakers will be grinding it out, Thunder have Perkins and Ibaka, both very grind it out.

ChitownBears22
08-20-2012, 12:20 AM
Only Miami can beat Miami, and even then it would be close.

ThunderousDemon
08-20-2012, 12:25 AM
:yawn:

seikou8
08-20-2012, 12:34 AM
Only Miami can beat Miami, and even then it would be close.

CousinsEvansDUO
08-20-2012, 12:45 AM
I don't understand why the kings aren't an option when we clearly are the MOST TALENTED TEAM IN THE NBA. Only reason we've been losing is because of youth, coaching, and lack of chemistry.
You need talent to beat talent, and right now the group of Boogie, Reke, Thomas, MT and Trob have the most potential to outmatch the heat.

Hey heat fans remmeber Isaiah Thomas' 20 point 3rd quarter against you guys?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEq-ratWsuM
You'll be seeing that from Tyreke Evans this season.

MackSnackWrap
08-20-2012, 12:48 AM
you'd be quite delusional if you honestly think miami fans are scared. Honestly, after all the **** they've had to put up with nationally and even locally in spots the past two years, to come out on top last year has them believing they can pull it off again, even without a center. They won playing a particular style of ball, and they managed pretty well against big teams. The lakers are without question the latest challenge the heat would face in a finals appearance, but okc is just as lethal and they've at least proven themselves as opposed to the lakers, who are nothing but a "paper" team at this point.

Some of you guys in here act like miami stands no chance anymore and should be struck by fear, when they have lebron james, dwyane wade, chris bosh, and a more than competent supporting cast. The heat have proven themselves as champions, and they have no reason to be fearful of any team that stands in their way at this point. Gonna be one hell of season though, that's for sure.

preachhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!

JNoel
08-20-2012, 12:49 AM
The Magic or Bobcats prob have a good chance of beating the Heat IMO..

ChitownBears22
08-20-2012, 12:50 AM

I hope you realize that was sarcasm, because this thread is stupid.

mrblisterdundee
08-20-2012, 12:51 AM
The Lakers, Thunder and Heat are obviously at their own level in the NBA, in terms of overall talent. Beyond that, it's about experience and cohesiveness as a team.

seikou8
08-20-2012, 12:55 AM
I don't understand why the kings aren't an option when we clearly are the MOST TALENTED TEAM IN THE NBA. Only reason we've been losing is because of youth, coaching, and lack of chemistry.
You need talent to beat talent, and right now the group of Boogie, Reke, Thomas, MT and Trob have the most potential to outmatch the heat.

WAIT WASN'T JIMMER SUPPOSE TO AVERAGE LAST SEASON TOO:p

chitownredbulls
08-20-2012, 12:56 AM
ORIGINAL NICE :cool:

Thanks buddy....but for real....you want a cookie? lol...:D

seikou8
08-20-2012, 01:00 AM
Thanks buddy....but for real....you want a cookie? lol...:D

nah i want knicks to win a playoff series that what i want

chitownredbulls
08-20-2012, 01:00 AM

I agree...Kings have the talent but remember...toooooo young....i have a hunch that they will make the playoffs this year....they have all the right pieces especially with brooks and robinson being on the squad this coming year....they will be good...i think they will be in the 6-9 range in the west.....:clap:

chitownredbulls
08-20-2012, 01:01 AM
nah i want knicks to win a playoff series that what i want

sorry but ain't happening...lol...be surprised if they make the playoffs.....:D

seikou8
08-20-2012, 01:05 AM
sorry but ain't happening...lol...be surprised if they make the playoffs.....:D

please enlighten me tell me why

ThunderousDemon
08-20-2012, 01:11 AM

Relax, the East is very weak apart from Miami, so the Knicks are most likely going to make the playoffs.

LoveMeOrHateMe
08-20-2012, 01:13 AM
Lol saying the lakers won't grind out a 7 game series and that they have no chance to beat Miami because they will just shoOt from behind the arc is pretty funny lol, PSD is at an all-time low these new members are funny

JNoel
08-20-2012, 01:15 AM
Lol saying the lakers won't grind out a 7 game series and that they have no chance to beat Miami because they will just shot from behind the ark is pretty funny lol, PSD is at an all-time low these new members are funny

Mr.LA was a pretty good laugh earlier
:D

DeyAce
08-20-2012, 01:18 AM
Lakers and OKC

chitownredbulls
08-20-2012, 01:19 AM

well they barely made it last year....the only reason they made it was because of Linsanity.....their players aren't that great....Melo is the main reason....he slows things down...he's a one on one player...Amare is a pick and roll player....jKidd will help him there but melo, imo, will just mess things up...their bench isn't solid...even if they make the playoffs, they will get swept unless the team they are facing, which will probably be a high seed cause knicks would probably be in the bottom 8, has a bad game....Nets will be better than the Knicks....;)...Not a nets fan...just saying...

THE MTL
08-20-2012, 01:46 AM
I dnt think miami is the team to beat anymore. This thread should be who has the best chance of beating the lakers

Steelers23_06
08-20-2012, 01:49 AM
well they barely made it last year....the only reason they made it was because of Linsanity.....their players aren't that great....Melo is the main reason....he slows things down...he's a one on one player...Amare is a pick and roll player....jKidd will help him there but melo, imo, will just mess things up...their bench isn't solid...even if they make the playoffs, they will get swept unless the team they are facing, which will probably be a high seed cause knicks would probably be in the bottom 8, has a bad game....Nets will be better than the Knicks....;)...Not a nets fan...just saying...

you cant even talk about last year with this team. they went through wayyyy too many injuries to get the label of "last years knicks". they added camby which is big. amare worked on huis post which is BIG. woodson will have a full offseason to instill his playbook. the nets had the same prob. dont get mee wrong but i just see more firepower from this knicks squad then the nets.

but about the thread, NOBODY IS DETHRONING MIAMI...you guys can print that out and tape it to your wall. OKC lost in 5 and they have the best chance. We had the better off-season so how will they dethrone us?! and the Lakers...lets be real dont you guys have a deja vu feeling about the last time they got a big man and pg in the off-season and were "guaranteed" the finals trophy. dwight is injured which is my main reason why. he is supposed to be out until december which is about time nash will be getting comfortable killing the league with the pick and roll with gasol and kobe will be loving having someone who can give him the rock in prime positioning and then when things are going smooth and this team in looking dangerous BAMMMM! dwightmare happens. that is the worst thing for this team bc he is a lane clogger. how can you run the pick and roll when you have a monster clogging the paint. why do think the Lakers NEVER invested in a pick and roll type player when shaq was there...because Phil was smart and knew you couldnt mix the 2 it just doesnt work in the nba. not only that, but dwight is going to get the treatment lebron got after the decision...how do we know dwight can handle that pressure, we all saw lebron couldnt. so we are looking at a 2 year finals project. so lets say they goto the finals next year we are looking at a 40 year old pg and a 35 yr old sg...and all of this is IF the dwightmare doesnt have a sequel next offseason. so again unless and unforeseen injuries occur i see Miami winning again because of 2 reason CHEMISTRY and lets be honest #6

Steelers23_06
08-20-2012, 01:50 AM
I dnt think miami is the team to beat anymore. This thread should be who has the best chance of beating the lakers

read my post and explain your reasoning

ThunderousDemon
08-20-2012, 01:52 AM
read my post and explain your reasoning

You couldn't break it up into paragraphs?

Davidgta1
08-20-2012, 01:59 AM
Lakers

Davidgta1
08-20-2012, 02:01 AM
you cant even talk about last year with this team. they went through wayyyy too many injuries to get the label of "last years knicks". they added camby which is big. amare worked on huis post which is BIG. woodson will have a full offseason to instill his playbook. the nets had the same prob. dont get mee wrong but i just see more firepower from this knicks squad then the nets.

but about the thread, NOBODY IS DETHRONING MIAMI...you guys can print that out and tape it to your wall. OKC lost in 5 and they have the best chance. We had the better off-season so how will they dethrone us?! and the Lakers...lets be real dont you guys have a deja vu feeling about the last time they got a big man and pg in the off-season and were "guaranteed" the finals trophy. dwight is injured which is my main reason why. he is supposed to be out until december which is about time nash will be getting comfortable killing the league with the pick and roll with gasol and kobe will be loving having someone who can give him the rock in prime positioning and then when things are going smooth and this team in looking dangerous BAMMMM! dwightmare happens. that is the worst thing for this team bc he is a lane clogger. how can you run the pick and roll when you have a monster clogging the paint. why do think the Lakers NEVER invested in a pick and roll type player when shaq was there...because Phil was smart and knew you couldnt mix the 2 it just doesnt work in the nba. not only that, but dwight is going to get the treatment lebron got after the decision...how do we know dwight can handle that pressure, we all saw lebron couldnt. so we are looking at a 2 year finals project. so lets say they goto the finals next year we are looking at a 40 year old pg and a 35 yr old sg...and all of this is IF the dwightmare doesnt have a sequel next offseason. so again unless and unforeseen injuries occur i see Miami winning again because of 2 reason CHEMISTRY and lets be honest #6
Dwight an Shaq are 2 diffent players the lakers never needed a pick an roll player cuz Shaq was unstoppable in the post.

Mave1002
08-20-2012, 02:06 AM
They did win the East......?

"if they (the Heat) were in the WESTERN conference bracket." No way in hell they couldve run past the Mavs, Lakers and Spurs and beat the Thunder in the Finals.

MY mistake. I meant WEST.