PDA

View Full Version : Denver nuggets still own 13 million dollar trade exception

bric
08-19-2012, 01:04 AM
They got it during the McGee for nene trade last season and I believe it expires before the end of the season. The question is: who should they target?

Their biggest hole I would probably be their power forward position, not that faried isn't good its that he doesn't provide a ton of scoring and isn't exactly world's greatest defender, so who should they target with this exception?

If I'm the nuggets: I'd go after taj Gibson, offer a first round pick for him straight up and maybe take back hamilton as well, because we all know the bulls try to save as much money as possible and with Gibson being in line for an extension after the season and hamilton on the books for 2 more years they may be able to snag Gibson for a pick and take back hamilton

I'm not saying that the bulls would take this but you never know, I wouldn't be suprised if they moved him and signed Luis almondson for the vet minimum the way this offseason has been going for them

Gibson gives them a better mid range shot than faried and better defense and can play a little backup 5 for them while faried is at the 4 while McGee is resting

1 also believe Josh Smith is probably making less than 13 million this season so I would offer 2 future picks for him and then resign him and iggy in the offseason

Just off the top of my head, anyways, who do you think they should target? Should they use the exception or save their money this season?

Cal827
08-19-2012, 01:07 AM
Lawson
Igoudala
Galinari/Chandler
Smith/Faried
Mcgee/Faried

:drool:

So good defensively.

jetsfan28
08-19-2012, 01:08 AM
They should wait, see who isn't playing well that season and would want to dump salary, and target a guy from one of those teams. Jarrett Jack comes to mind if Golden State is losing a lot of games. Corey Maggette would be interesting of Gallo or Chandler gets hurt again, and Will Bynum makes sense as a backup PG. Maybe Kaman if Dallas isn't playing well, although I doubt things would go that bad, that quickly unless Dirk gets hurt or something. Udrih and Dalembert both make sense. Mo Williams would be a nice pickup too.

bric
08-19-2012, 01:15 AM
Btw, they cannot combine the exception with anything other than picks

DeyAce
08-19-2012, 01:16 AM
Ehh

jp611
08-19-2012, 09:37 AM
Denver is going to be pretty damn good this year, if they could add a piece at the deadline they can make some noise in the playoffs

McPeak92
08-19-2012, 09:53 AM
They could have some combo of J-Rich/Thad/Kwame/Hawes

Mr.ATLHawks
08-19-2012, 09:55 AM
Josh Smith will not be traded, and if he is it wont be for 2 Late First Round Picks. Get it out your dreams...

lkingratedr
08-19-2012, 10:43 AM
This may sound crazy but I can see them acquiring keving love with the exception and moving faried ,Gallo or Chandler, a rookie and 2 picks however twolves might not trade in division ... Outside division maybe bargs for a smaller package

Burgo
08-19-2012, 12:40 PM
This may sound crazy but I can see them acquiring keving love with the exception and moving faried ,Gallo or Chandler, a rookie and 2 picks however twolves might not trade in division ... Outside division maybe bargs for a smaller package

No way that Wolves are trading off their franchise player for a solid player and a roll of the dice in the draft.

b@llhog24
08-19-2012, 12:51 PM
I'd love to see Taj in the Mile High City.

JNoel
08-19-2012, 12:55 PM
I would try to package Chandler, Faried for Pau Gasol if he becomes available

Lawson/Andre Miller
Iggy/Hamilton
Gallinari/Brewer
Gasol/Randolph
McGee/Koufos/Mozgov

KnicksorBust
08-19-2012, 12:56 PM
The trade just keeps looking better and better... $13 million + the newly minted "dominating" center Javale McGee.

bric
08-19-2012, 12:57 PM

Lawson/Andre Miller
Iggy/Hamilton
Gallinari/Brewer
Gasol/Randolph
McGee/Koufos/Mozgov

This isn't baseball the nba has a salary cap

JasonJohnHorn
08-19-2012, 12:59 PM
I think the best option for Denver is to wait until the seaason is well under way. There may be a team that isn't doing well and is looking to ove a vet, espcially if a draft pick turns out to be really good. As for potentially getting Love, that is OUT OF THE QUESTION!!!! No way that happens.

Dade County
08-19-2012, 01:31 PM
Lawson
Igoudala
Galinari/Chandler
Smith/Faried
Mcgee/Faried

:drool:

So good defensively.

Fast Break Mile High

I would like this team. and they could compete with OKC ( not win but compete in a 7 game series )

If they can get an all star that would be great for them.

king4day
08-19-2012, 01:38 PM
It's not unheard of for trade exceptions to go unused. They are more likley to absorb a bad contract to get a pick or 2 as opposed to hitting a home run.

If they use it for a star, they'll likely need to give up talent that simply won't equal the money of the exception.

THE MTL
08-19-2012, 01:52 PM
I think this trade exception went to Orlando Magic.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-19-2012, 01:57 PM
A Trade Exception is good for only 1 yr, so the Nuggets have until March 2012 to use that TPE until it expires.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-19-2012, 01:58 PM
I think this trade exception went to Orlando Magic.

You know what...I think you're right.

Ezio
08-19-2012, 02:02 PM
No it didn't...

Under the rules of the Collective Bargaining Agreement, teams can break down a large trade into whatever legal combination most suits them. It doesn’t have to be a single transaction but can be a number of smaller ones in tandem.

For the Lakers, it was moderately complicated. Bynum was traded for Howard and Clark. McRoberts was used to acquire Duhon. Eyenga did not bring a player back, generating a $1,174,080 trade exception (TPE) the Lakers can use for up to a year.

It was straight-forward for the Nuggets who simply traded Afflalo and Harrington for Iguodala. For the Sixers, a single deal was done with Iguodala, Vucevic and Harkless for Bynum and Richardson.

It’s the Magic deal that took considerable ingenuity to construct. In addition to the players received, Orlando ended up with a $17,816,880 TPE for Howard. While a basic trade was possible, how exactly was the deal structured to also generate the league’s largest TPE?

For some background, Orlando made a deal earlier in the summer that sent Ryan Anderson to the New Orleans Hornets for Gustavo Ayon. The Hornets had enough cap room to absorb Anderson via sign and trade at $8.7 million.

Additionally, the Magic were holding onto a $4.25 million TPE from the Brandon Bass/Glen Davis trade. Ayon, at $1.5 million, was acquired via part of the Bass TPE . . . leaving a remainder of $2.75 million. Because Anderson got a raise greater than 20%, the Magic received a $4.35 million TPE.

In exiting Howard, the Orlando executed the following:

Christian Eyenga and Josh McRoberts via the $4.35 million Anderson TPE, leaving a negligible remainder of $40,920.
Arron Afflalo and Al Harrington for Jason Richardson, Chris Duhon and Earl Clark.
Mo Harkless via the Brandon Bass TPE, leaving a remainder of $1,018,040 which expires on December 12
Nikola Vucevic for Dwight Howard, generating a TPE of $17,816,880 which won’t expire until next August 10, 2013.
So in simplistic terms, Howard was traded for Nikola Vucevic and whatever that massive TPE yields over the next year.

http://www.hoopsworld.com/how-exactl...howard-traded/

*Superman*
08-19-2012, 02:13 PM
Yeah Denver still has their own.

thechom80
08-19-2012, 02:23 PM

That does sound crazy.

EDUTEXANS
08-19-2012, 02:25 PM
Kevin Martin?

D12 fan
08-19-2012, 02:31 PM

Lawson/Andre Miller
Iggy/Hamilton
Gallinari/Brewer
Gasol/Randolph
McGee/Koufos/Mozgov

Sure you would Heat fan,but LA would never make that trade.

IgglesFanInCO
08-19-2012, 02:38 PM
The FO wants to wait and see what this group of guys can do, they arent going make a move until midseason if at all

They have no holes whatsoever and go 14-15 deep, the only trade theyre gonna do is for a signifigant upgrade, I dont see Taj as a signifigant upgrade at all

Vinylman
08-19-2012, 02:47 PM
The FO wants to wait and see what this group of guys can do, they arent going make a move until midseason if at all

They have no holes whatsoever and go 14-15 deep, the only trade theyre gonna do is for a signifigant upgrade, I dont see Taj as a signifigant upgrade at all

This Denver roster is and always will be a 6-8 seed and a first round exit...

absolutely no go to guy in crunch time...

nice regular season roster but a flat out ZERO come playoff time

BallIsAll
08-19-2012, 02:56 PM
Fast Break Mile High

I would like this team. and they could compete with OKC ( not win but compete in a 7 game series )

If they can get an all star that would be great for them.

I believe iggy is an all star and I think multiple nuggets players have all star potential

yes because they didn't take the lakers to 7 games after losing the first 2 and the 4rth game being called unfair towards the end of the 4th. And last time I checked we were 6th last season while we just upgraded our roster. Oh and gallo had a broken thumb and chandler didn't play at all.. Your right you don't know what your talking about

Yunqn
08-19-2012, 02:58 PM
No but they can have carlos boozer if try want ..

IgglesFanInCO
08-19-2012, 02:58 PM

and I said otherwise? I think with the roster they have now they can get a 3-5 seed at best and depending on their first round matchup get out of the first round, but thats it, that doesnt mean they have any holes, the worst guy in their starting 5 was a top 3 rookie last year who averaged a double double in the playoffs

also ty lawson has proven to be better in crunch time than a majority of the "stars" in the league

and pushing a good lakers team to 7 while having several main components injured and the youngest starting 5 in the playoffs is a flat our ZERO to you?

smith&wesson
08-19-2012, 03:11 PM
They got it during the McGee for nene trade last season and I believe it expires before the end of the season. The question is: who should they target?

Their biggest hole I would probably be their power forward position, not that faried isn't good its that he doesn't provide a ton of scoring and isn't exactly world's greatest defender, so who should they target with this exception?

If I'm the nuggets: I'd go after taj Gibson, offer a first round pick for him straight up and maybe take back hamilton as well, because we all know the bulls try to save as much money as possible and with Gibson being in line for an extension after the season and hamilton on the books for 2 more years they may be able to snag Gibson for a pick and take back hamilton

I'm not saying that the bulls would take this but you never know, I wouldn't be suprised if they moved him and signed Luis almondson for the vet minimum the way this offseason has been going for them

Gibson gives them a better mid range shot than faried and better defense and can play a little backup 5 for them while faried is at the 4 while McGee is resting

1 also believe Josh Smith is probably making less than 13 million this season so I would offer 2 future picks for him and then resign him and iggy in the offseason

Just off the top of my head, anyways, who do you think they should target? Should they use the exception or save their money this season?

I hate to break it to you brother but toronto had a 14 million dollar tpe from the bosh trade and did practically nothing with it. i think we used like 2 or 3 million of it.

we also got a 7 million dollar tpe for barbosa and again did nothing with it.

teams are not exactly rushing to get rid of good talent for cap relief. the bulls would gain nothing from trading taj for cap releif. where would they replace his talent ?

they would be better off to amnesty boozer and keep taj.

im guessing that ujiri is done for the time being. nuggets are deep and they def have improved. give the young team some time to grow and they can be really really good.

Vinylman
08-19-2012, 04:35 PM
yes because they didn't take the lakers to 7 games after losing the first 2 and the 4rth game being called unfair towards the end of the 4th. And last time I checked we were 6th last season while we just upgraded our roster. Oh and gallo had a broken thumb and chandler didn't play at all.. Your right you don't know what your talking about

:facepalm:

Don't confuse the Lakers boredom in the first round with the Nuggets being relevant...

Gallo? Chandler? :facepalm:

career role players who shrink in the spotlight...

enjoy Atlanta type mediocrity for the forseeable future :clap:

juggla53
08-19-2012, 04:50 PM
Denver has a lot of money tied up in Gallo, Chandler, Iggy, and are going to have to shell out some good money to ty lawson very soon so i would not expect anything too big from them when it comes to taking on a player with a large salary

Losoway
08-19-2012, 05:58 PM

Lawson/Andre Miller
Iggy/Hamilton
Gallinari/Brewer
Gasol/Randolph
McGee/Koufos/Mozgov

i would never give up faried for pau gasol

faried is young and already a rebounding machine

Losoway
08-19-2012, 05:59 PM
the nuggets right now are already a top west team

they dont need to do any sudden moves just let things play out

BallIsAll
08-19-2012, 06:35 PM
:facepalm:

Don't confuse the Lakers boredom in the first round with the Nuggets being relevant...

Gallo? Chandler? :facepalm:

career role players who shrink in the spotlight...

enjoy Atlanta type mediocrity for the forseeable future :clap:

Lmao you sound stupid. Letting someone take you to 7 in the post season because your bored? The only thing mediocre is kobe thinking he's still the best player in the league.

Vinylman
08-19-2012, 07:06 PM
Lmao you sound stupid. Letting someone take you to 7 in the post season because your bored? The only thing mediocre is kobe thinking he's still the best player in the league.

Nugget fans....

Enjoy your bargain basement Walmart team

koreancabbage
08-19-2012, 07:36 PM
I hate to break it to you brother but toronto had a 14 million dollar tpe from the bosh trade and did practically nothing with it. i think we used like 2 or 3 million of it.

we also got a 7 million dollar tpe for barbosa and again did nothing with it.

teams are not exactly rushing to get rid of good talent for cap relief. the bulls would gain nothing from trading taj for cap releif. where would they replace his talent ?

they would be better off to amnesty boozer and keep taj.

im guessing that ujiri is done for the time being. nuggets are deep and they def have improved. give the young team some time to grow and they can be really really good.

well thats b/c the Raptors weren't contending or even close to the playoffs. why add salary? If anything we weren't sellers or buyers at the trade deadline.

in Denver's case, they should be buying at the trade deadline to really acquire a piece they would need to help them get over the hump. (if they were in contention) that team is too good to justify not using that TPE to acquire another piece that could help them.

most likely a PF or PG (backup) from the top of my head of their needs

juggla53
08-19-2012, 09:20 PM

untrue, the only thing mediocre is the denver nuggets over the next five years, kobe isnt the best players anymore and unfortunatley for the nuggets he doesnt have too

your bragging about the fact that you took a team to seven and STILL LOST, what does that say about your team?

juggla53
08-19-2012, 09:23 PM
the nuggets right now are already a top west team

they dont need to do any sudden moves just let things play out

true, but there is a huge difference between "being a top west team" and being a team with a shot at winning a championship, which the nuggets are nowhere close too