PDA

View Full Version : 2012 Mock Offseason West Finals: 2 Portland Trailblazers vs. 4 Houston Rockets

Catfish1314
08-18-2012, 10:01 PM
Every summer, PSD holds a game which mocks that year's NBA offseason. This year, users from the site were randomly assigned the reigns of NBA franchises and had to utilize their skills via draft, trades, and free agency to improve their teams. At the end of the game, GMs voted on how they believed the regular season of this game would shake up. These are the playoffs of PSD's 2012 NBA Mock Offseason.

Please take the time to consider each line up, the match-up itself, and vote on which team you believe would win in a seven game series.

The Trailblazers have homecourt advantage in this Western Conference Finals series.

Blazers Depth Chart:

PG: Russell Westbrook (40)/ Steve Blake (8)
SG: Wesley Matthews (32)/JJ Reddick (16)
SF: Nicolas Batum (38)/Deshawn Stevenson (10)
PF: Luis Scola (32)/Kenyon Martin (12)/Boris Diaw (4)
C: Andrew Bynum (38)/Boris Diaw (10)

Rockets Depth Chart:

PG: Steve Nash 36/Shannon Brown 12
SG: Rip Hamilton 26/Mikael Pietrus 10/Shannon Brown 8/Corey Brewer 4
SF: Hedo Turkogly 32/Corey Brewer 12/Mikael Pietrus 4
PF: Kevin Garnett 28/Amir Johnson 14
C: Dwight Howard 40/Kevin Garnett 8

Blazers Write-up:

Congratulations to xxplayerxx23 and aussienohfan for taking the Houston Rockets from mediocrity to the Western Conference finals. However, the Rockets run will be ending one round short of the NBA Finals, as the Portland Trailblazers are an all around better team.

Offensive Game Plan: The Rockets have the best big man duo in this mock in Kevin Garnett and Dwight Howard, there is no doubt about it. However, they will be relied upon to do it all as the perimeter play of the Rockets is abysmal. Steve Nash guarding Russell Westbrook that is a huge mismatch as Nash, 38, simply doesnít have the ability to stay in front of the most explosive point guard in the NBA. Westbrook will get into the lane at will, which will make either Dwight or KG come help. This should give plenty of opportunities to Andrew (in the post) or Scola (pick and pop/midrange). Nicolas Batum is a top 10 SF in the NBA and both he and Wes Matthews have major advantages on both sides of the ball over Rip Hamilton and Corey Brewer.

UP TEMPO UP TEMPO UP TEMPO! This will be stressed against a team that has 2 of its 3 top players in the twilights of their careers. They are playing extended minutes and we donít think KG can sustain a high level of play at 35 minutes a night as he played in the 2nd round of the playoff based on their depth chart. The Blazers are led by a young and athletic unit, having a much deeper team, we will be able to pick up the tempo and attack at all times. The Rockets only reserve big is Amir Johnson. KG and Dwight must stay out of foul trouble, which will be a problem against the Blazers. With a point guard whose mentality is to get to the lane every single possession, the best offensive center in the game, and the lack of a perimeter defense for the Rockets, foul trouble could certainly be a major problem for two guys who love to help and protect the rim at all costs.

Defense: Russell Westbrook is the perfect guy to guard Steve Nash as he loves to smother defenders with his great hands and quick feet and he will be locking up Steve for this series. In fact over the past 2 years, Steve has never scored more then 12 points a game and on this team he is absolutely going to have too. With Rip Hamilton and Corey Brewer not being scoring threats, Wes Matthews and Nicolas Batum will be able to not only easily guard their men, but be able to help out on KG and Dwight if need be. The pick and pop of KG is a concern for our defense, however with Russellís elite defense and quickness, Scola will not be relied upon to help as much and will be able to focus on Garnett and watch out for his mid range as he is primarily a jump shooter at this point in his career. While Bynum is a very solid defender in his own right, we are going to attempt to make the wings for the Rockets to beat us which is why if the ball gets fed to the post we will be doubling with either Batum or Matthews depending on what side the ball is on. Dwight is an unselfish passer to the 3 point line, and we are confident that the wings of the Rockets will be put on the spot. Overall, we feel that we match up very well with the Rockets defensively due to their lack of scoring options.

BENCH: Other then the Lakers in this mock, the Rockets have the worst bench. Hedo Turkoglu, Shannon Brown, Amir Johnson are all expected to play over 20 minutes a game and with them in the game that is a mega advantage for us. With Dwight and KG in foul trouble, they could be relying on Amir Johnson to save the day. Yes, that Amir Johnson. The backup center is Kevin Garnett, they donít even have a real backup center so if KG gets in foul trouble they are ****ed. Plain and simple. While our bench isnít the greatest bench of all time, it definitely gets the job done. Led by sharpshooter JJ Reddick who fits in perfectly with our offense and is a very good 6th man, Steve Blake in a short stint on the court will be a serviceable backup PG, and then Stevenson, Diaw, and Kenyon are also grizzled veterans who know what its like to play deep in the playoffs. We have a nice mix of offense and defense on the bench and it is filled with guys who know how to do their roles. This is a BIG advantage for us.

Summation: A basketball team is made up of more than 3 players. Unfortunately, the Rockets missed the memo. They are relying on Dwight Howard and two 38 year olds to carry them to the finals. The Blazers' starting five is able to score and play defense. We will be able to limit and contain Houston's big 3 due to their lack of any other real option. With Corey Brewer being a starter, the ability to double team Dwight or KG if need be will make it a lot easier to defend as Brewer is just not NBA starter material. Rip Hamilton has been injury prone and who knows what he will be able to bring to the table. And to make things worse, the bench doesnít provide much help. The lack of true scoring options outside of KG and Dwight (as Nash doesnít really score more as much as he used to), and the lack of a perimeter scoring threat will be the downfall of the Rockets.

Blazers will take this series in 6 games.

Rockets Write-up:

Wow the WCF are here. Good luck to Mr. Baller and Philly Luver.

Matchup: PG Steve Nash VS Russell Westbrook
Russell Westbrook one of the most dynamic scoring PGís in the game. No doubt about it he is really one of the best Scorers in the league. Steve Nash makes his teammates better. Nash makes scrubs look like studs, (look at the suns team he had last year competing for a playoff spot in the west) Now the matchup is a very interesting one. No doubt Westbrook will get his in this matchup Nash isnít a good defender. But Nash wants a ring so you know he is going to try to up his defense. I know Westbrook will get his but so will Nash. Nash will run utilize the PNR game with KG and Dwight. Nash ability to shoot the 3 spreads the floor for the team. Nash averaged 12 and 10.5 on 53 percent shooting and 39 percent from Downtown with no talent around him besides Gortat last year. Now imagine the numbers he can put up with Dwight and KG. He already got past Chris Paul and Tony Parker in this mock what is one more top PG? Nash and Westbrook will both have very good series, Westbrook being the better scorer Nash being the better distributor. The question is which do you think will affect the series more? It is close but I will give the slight advantage to the Blazers.
Advantage: Slight advantage Blazers

Matchup SG: Richard Hamilton VS Wes Matthews
This is another matchup that is close. Both are average defenders. Rip still has the mid-range shot and comes off screens very well. The fact that Nash is the point guard for him is a great advantage. Wes Matthews was horrible at everything except shooting the 3 ball. Wes is a good 3 point shooter. Rip is the 4th scoring option on the team and could match Wes total on offense. Rip can stay on Wes and make sure he doesnít get open 3s because neither of the big men on the Blazers requires a double team. Wes VS Rip is close, Rip on Chicago last year made the Chicago offense smooth and crisp with his ability to come of screens and is pretty much automatic from mid-range. Rip is a perfect fit to this team with Nash as his PG he will improve his efficiency and scoring. Wes wonít be more of a factor then Rip but is the better player at this point. Rip can hold him down which is why I will say this matchup is pretty much even. My opponent will try to make this out to be a huge advantage but it isnít Wes isnít that good of a player and he wonít get to shoot as much as he did in Portland before Bynum and Westy joined.
Advantage: Even

Matchup SF Hedo Turkoglu VS Nicholas Batum
Notice the change in the lineup? Most of the people will be like EW Hedo is terrible. Hedo has not been the same player in a while but he fits Nash and Dwight. Hedo can still knock down the 3 which stops Batum from leaving his matchup to go help up on Dwight. He spreads the floor; he shot 35.7 percent from 3 and 40 percent come playoff time. Batum is a very streaky offensive player. He spreads the floor too, both of these players are average at best on the defensive side of the ball so itís which do you think will do more on the offensive side? Batum will have stretches in the game where you go wow this guy can really score but there are times where he is useless. When his shot is not falling he is useless. You canít have that come playoff time. Both of these guys are there to spread the floor. Batum is the better player at this point of his career but Hedo will spread the floor and will cause a matchup we all wanted to see Bynum VS Howard one on one. With that being said the Blazers have the advantage in this matchup.
Advantage: Blazers

Matchup PF: Kevin Garnett VS Luis ScolaThis is where I believe I have the clear cut advantage. Rebounding and Scoring. Scola is coming off a year where he looked terrible. Many would say he is on the do I dare say it Ö.decline. KG is up there in age but he proved last year that he is still playing at a high level. KG will exploit this matchup and go nuts this series. Scola likes to stay down low in the paint, he is out of comfort when he has to come out and guard the mid-range jumper. KG is automatic from that range, which will make Scola have to go out of comfort and try to contain it. Scola isnít the same threat on offense he used to be. KG can contain him. KG is such a good help defender and will help Nash with Westbrook. KG really has the advantage in rebounding, scoring and defense. This is a matchup I believe will change the series into my favor. I believe KG can do a repeat of what he did in Miami and average 20 and 10 in this series. KG will have so many open Jumpers itís not even funny, with Dwight, Nash there and Scola not good at guarding perimeter shooting PFís leads me to think KG is in for a big series. KGís impact on defense is also huge; this takes away a scoring option from the Blazers. I think itís safe to say Garnett has the advantage in this matchup.
Advantage: Big advantage Rockets

Matchup Center: Dwight Howard VS Andrew BynumThis is what we all wanted to see. The number 1 and number 2 centers in the game facing off. Dwight has never had the talent Bynum has had around him. Bynum has always had Kobe and Gasol to take the focus off of him. He was arguably the number 3 option on that Laker team. Now he is forced to be the number 2 option in the WCF against the best big man in the game. His lack of focus in last yearís playoffs was hard to watch. Bynum canít have the lapses that he has when he has to guard Dwight. Dwight is already the better player and is the better passer out of double teams. Hedo, Nash and Rips ability to spread the floor will allow everyone to get what they want, Dwight VS Bynum one on one. Bynum disappoints in the playoffs something Dwight doesnít do. Dwight is focused come playoff time and has carried crap teams to deep playoff runs. He carried that horrible supporting cast to the Finals. This time he wants to win it all and has the talent to do it. Nash/KG/Dwight is enough to get there. Dwight can guard Bynum and still be a playmaker on defense. Bynum is not going to be shut down but Dwight will be focused and prepared to contain Bynum while helping out Nash with Westbrook. This is a matchup for the ages but Dwight and the Rockets have the advantage on both sides of the ball. Dwight is the more efficient scorer and a way better rebounder then Bynum. On defense itís no contest Dwight is a top 3 player in the game and a top 3 defender if not the best defender in the game. This is another turning point in this series.
Advantage: Rockets

Bench: What an interesting matchup this is. We all know when it comes to conference finals the bench minutes go down. But we both have quality players coming off the bench. Brown, Amir, Brewer, Pietrus will all get some burn. He has 3 quality players coming off the bench. Reddick, Diaw, K-Mart are very solid. But my starterís minutes will go up. I believe my bench experience is a factor. Brown has been on a championship team where he was an important role player. Pietrus has been in the playoffs and had a deep run with the Celtics last year. Brewer has been on the Nuggets playoff team. Both teams have players that know how to win off the bench and they all know their role. Iíd like to go even on this matchup with maybe a slight edge to the Blazers. Pietrus defense is definitely underrated. He has come in and cause havoc against the likes of Dwayne Wade. People have knocked my bench but they all know their role and they all know what they have to do to win. Championship experience is huge.
Advantage: Even maybe a slight edge to Blazers

Why I believe I will be going to the finals: The fact that Nash can impact the game in almost the same way as Westbrook is huge. Wes and Batum arenít players to take their advantage and go out and win a series. Westbrook has been in the finals once and has lost; Bynum has won two championships but had a limited role in each of them. Kevin Garnett has the experience of winning a Championship and losing one. He played a huge role in both so he knows what it takes to win one. Dwight has carried his no talent team on his back to the championship where he lost but dominated Bynum. Dwight has averaged 20 Points per game and 14.5 rebounds per game in the postseason. On his championship run he averaged 20 and 15.8 and has even posted a year of 27 in the playoffs. So itís safe to say Dwight can really impact a series and take over. Bynum had a spectacular triple double in the playoffs but besides that seemed unfocused and didnít show up in certain games. You canít take a single possession off let alone a game against Dwight, I believe Dwight and KG go off more than Westbrook and Bynum do. This will be a back and forth series and I believe the Rockets come out on top in 7. Most times in the playoffs only 3 big men play. Playoff time they donít call fouls that are iffy, Dwight and KG are both experienced players in the playoffs and havenít had foul trouble in the playoffs. It wonít happen in big games, there is no way this series doesnít go 7 games, itís a very close series and I donít believe fouls will dictate the way this turns out, again rockets in 7.

Notice the change in the lineup

PG Nash 36/Brown12
SG: Rip26/Pietrus10/Brown 8/Brewer4
SF Hedo 32/Brewer 12/Pietrus 4
PF: KG28/Amir 14
CDwight40/KG8

Mr. Baller
08-18-2012, 10:05 PM
Russell Westbrook over Nash - Not a slight advantage
Wes Matthews > Rip Hamilton
And the benches aren't close especially with Corey Brewer being on it over Hedo

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 10:08 PM
Westbrook will not stop Nash from doing what he does best. Westy is the better player but Nash will get his and has mroe of an impact with his teamates.With that being said good luck :cheers:

Mr. Baller
08-18-2012, 10:13 PM
Westbrook will not stop Nash from doing what he does best. Westy is the better player but Nash will get his and has mroe of an impact with his teamates.With that being said good luck :cheers:

Except he has, Nash struggles against Westy the past 2 seasons (when Westy started to become a dominant PG)

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 10:15 PM
Except he has, Nash struggles against Westy the past 2 seasons (when Westy started to become a dominant PG)

Nash has not had talent around him at all in those two years. He has two main players making his job easier.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-18-2012, 10:18 PM

Add in the fact that Westbrook is a very good defender as well, Portland has a clear advantage here IMO.

Mr. Baller
08-18-2012, 10:20 PM
It is. We dominate the perimeter and still have a very solid down low combo. Rockets are a 3 man team, we aren't.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 10:21 PM
Chemstry plays a factor. Nash brings automatic chemstry to the Rockets, can't say the same for the Blazers.

Sadds The Gr8
08-18-2012, 10:24 PM
close, but I like the Rockets in this series. I think their frontcourt dominates this series. Howard owns Bynum head-to-head, and I think KG would have a big series vs Scola. Westbrook would kill Nash, but I think Nash would be able to handle himself on the offensive end and set up kg/Dwight.

Also, I don't see how an up-tempo style would work if you plan on playing Bynum nearly 40 minutes...

Rockets in 6

Mr. Baller
08-18-2012, 10:24 PM
Chemstry plays a factor. Nash brings automatic chemstry to the Rockets, can't say the same for the Blazers.

Now you're just spewing out ********.

Mr. Baller
08-18-2012, 10:25 PM
They have one backup big people! And its Amir Johnson for god's sake

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 10:28 PM
Amir is a solid backup to give KG a break. Dwight is a machine he will play most of the game. Most playoff teams cut down the roation to 3 bigs.

Mr. Baller
08-18-2012, 10:31 PM
Amir is a solid backup to give KG a break. Dwight is a machine he will play most of the game. Most playoff teams cut down the roation to 3 bigs.

No they don't

IgglesFanInCO
08-18-2012, 10:32 PM
KG+Dwight would just dominate too much down low, had to give it to them

Mr. Baller
08-18-2012, 10:35 PM
Also please keep in mind Blazers have Home Court Advantage!

xnick5757
08-18-2012, 10:37 PM
I was going to vote for Portland but now I'm not really sure....I think hedo starting really helps the Rockets offense just because of his 3pt shooting ability combined with nashs. Portland will be forced to not pressure Howard and KG as much.

Kg would dominate scola, and Bynum is nowhere near Howards level.

Rockets have a huge advantage at the guard positions though.

Idk

Sadds The Gr8
08-18-2012, 10:46 PM
I was going to vote for Portland but now I'm not really sure....I think hedo starting really helps the Rockets offense just because of his 3pt shooting ability combined with nashs. Portland will be forced to not pressure Howard and KG as much.

Kg would dominate scola, and Bynum is nowhere near Howards level.

Rockets have a huge advantage at the guard positions though.

Idk

I dont know why they've been starting Brewer over Hedo all this time. As crap as Hedo has become he's still way better than Brewer

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 10:46 PM
Thats why I put Hedo in the starting lineup to spread the floor. Everyone just assums Hedo is worthless but he shot 35 percent from 3 last year and 40 in the playoffs. Nash loves shooters and Rip's fit is great his mid range shot is still a beauty.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 10:47 PM
I dont know why they've been starting Brewer over Hedo all this time. As crap as Hedo has become he's still way better than Brewer

Defense lol. I liked Hedo off the bench :/

Sadds The Gr8
08-18-2012, 10:49 PM
he sucks in that role. And Brewer's defense isn't that good

Mr. Baller
08-18-2012, 10:51 PM
He sucks period. And he is gonna play point forward or play a role he isn't accustomed too

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 10:53 PM
Brewer isn't playing point foward...... Anyway his D is above average on the ball. Hedo was put in because he spreads the floor. Good luck with Scola guarding KG with little to no help same with Bynum guarding Dwight.

Mr. Baller
08-18-2012, 10:56 PM
I was talking about Hedo. And we will still double, Ill take my chances with Hedo and Rip Hamilton and Corey Brewer beating us.

Sadds The Gr8
08-18-2012, 11:01 PM
Brewer isn't playing point foward...... Anyway his D is above average on the ball. Hedo was put in because he spreads the floor. Good luck with Scola guarding KG with little to no help same with Bynum guarding Dwight.

his synergy stats dont say so

Knicks21
08-18-2012, 11:02 PM
Rockets here, KG and Dwight is way too much.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 11:02 PM
1. Double KG? He will beat Scola from the outside. He is automatic. Scola doesn't go out of the paint on defense he has trouble guarding PF's with a jumper.
2. Hedo shot 35.7 from 3, Rip shot 37 from3. 3 good 3 point shooters you double they will make you pay. Double Dwight and he has 4 options to pass to and he is a very good passer out of the double. KG is automatic from 15 feet. So go ahead double.

Sadds The Gr8
08-18-2012, 11:05 PM
1. Double KG? He will beat Scola from the outside. He is automatic. Scola doesn't go out of the paint on defense he has trouble guarding PF's with a jumper.
2. Hedo shot 35.7 from 3, Rip shot 37 from3. 3 good 3 point shooters you double they will make you pay. Double Dwight and he has 4 options to pass to and he is a very good passer out of the double. KG is automatic from 15 feet. So go ahead double.

I voted for you to win but that's crazy lol. D12 sucks at passing outta the post

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 11:07 PM
I meant is willing passer. He is used to doubles and knows how to pass out of doubles.

Mr. Baller
08-18-2012, 11:07 PM
2-1 in illegal votes. So 8-4 count right now. But yeah player Dwight isn't that good of a passer, Corey Brewer is not that great at defense, and yeah Ill let Hedo and Rip beat me any day of the week.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 11:11 PM
2-1? I have it 1-1.

Mr. Baller
08-18-2012, 11:13 PM
Ahh you're right. My bad.

PocketKings
08-18-2012, 11:58 PM
This is an interesting matchup. I'm eating at a restaurant and I will post my thoughts about this matchup when I get home and read through the writeups.

aussie
08-19-2012, 06:29 AM
What's the count at atm?

DR_1
08-19-2012, 09:35 AM
Rockets in 5

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 10:24 AM
16 (2 under 100 Aussie's vote)
9 (1 under 100 vote)

knicks=love
08-19-2012, 11:07 AM
i feel like no one reads the write ups

Sadds The Gr8
08-19-2012, 11:10 AM
a write up shouldnt decide a vote...or it shouldnt

knicks=love
08-19-2012, 11:44 AM
a write up shouldnt decide a vote...or it shouldnt

it should give them a better idea.. i'm just saying i feel like no one reads them. the gm's put a lot of time and effort into their write ups.

KnicksorBust
08-19-2012, 12:28 PM
i feel like no one reads the write ups

I always read them. It's critical in certain matchups to see how the GMs will match players up to create mismatches and neutralize opponents top options. For the most part writeups are like NBA Coaches, only the great ones matter, and a bad one can totally screw you. :)

KnicksorBust
08-19-2012, 12:29 PM
I went with Blazers. They have such a strong advantage in the backcourt/wing and with the Rockets being so thin I see that finally catching up to them.

koetravis
08-19-2012, 12:52 PM
Don't know if I am allowed to vote but I went with the Rockets. Dwight and KG are too much down low for the Trailblazers to match.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 01:00 PM
Don't know if I am allowed to vote but I went with the Rockets. Dwight and KG are too much down low for the Trailblazers to match.

Why wouldn't you be allowed to?

Mr. Baller
08-19-2012, 01:37 PM
Not looking good :pity:

Their wings suck and they have 1 reserve big. Come on people

StarvingKnick22
08-19-2012, 01:39 PM
Rockets no question

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 01:43 PM
Wings that spread the floor for Nash-Dwight and KG.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 01:44 PM
I have it 19 to 11 count as of right now.

Sadds The Gr8
08-19-2012, 03:01 PM
it should give them a better idea.. i'm just saying i feel like no one reads them. the gm's put a lot of time and effort into their write ups.

i'll skim thru them, but i dont blame the voters who werent in the game for not reading 6 paragraphs of opinions and stats for a game they werent apart of. i know i wouldnt

KnicksorBust
08-19-2012, 03:16 PM
Wings that spread the floor for Nash-Dwight and KG.

Just because they can average in the mid/high 30s in 3pt % does not make them valuable pieces. Both were ineffecient overall last year and Rip only hit 19 threes total. Plus defensively Hedo is one of the worst perimeter defenders in the league.

I Rock Shaqs
08-19-2012, 03:27 PM
Im pretty sure Bynum has won almost every time he faced up against Dwight, also who is stopping Westbrook from getting to the rim while Dwight is worried about Bynum and KG has to guard Luis Scola out on the Mid-range jumper.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 03:29 PM
Just because they can average in the mid/high 30s in 3pt % does not make them valuable pieces. Both were ineffecient overall last year and Rip only hit 19 threes total. Plus defensively Hedo is one of the worst perimeter defenders in the league.

Batum is over-rated. He is so streaky,their are times where you don't even know he is on the floor. Im saying Hedo will spread the floor out, he sucks but he can still knock down the 3. Rip is a good fit. He was forced to take on the scoring load as the number 2 option when Rose went down. Rip as the 4th option can be effeictive enough. I believe the my big's would be too much.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 03:38 PM
Im pretty sure Bynum has won almost every time he faced up against Dwight, also who is stopping Westbrook from getting to the rim while Dwight is worried about Bynum and KG has to guard Luis Scola out on the Mid-range jumper.

Not sure if that is true but Dwight has owned him in the matchup. LAL was always better then Dwight's Orlando teams.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 04:22 PM
^ You were wrong I looked it up Howard is 6-5 vs Bynum. Dwight has averaged 21 and 13.4 on 57 percent shooting while Bynum has averaged 9 and 6.6 on 49percent.

KnicksorBust
08-19-2012, 04:25 PM
Slightly skewed by the fact that Howard was playing against Bynum before he could legally drink.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 04:27 PM
Slightly skewed by the fact that Howard was playing against Bynum before he could legally drink.

Howard was young too. I was just saying that guy was wrong. and well look at the last two years stats Dwight still has done very well against him while Bynum has struggled.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-19-2012, 05:41 PM
If this wasn't the NBA forum, the Trail Blazers would definitely win.

I Rock Shaqs
08-19-2012, 06:07 PM
Not sure if that is true but Dwight has owned him in the matchup. LAL was always better then Dwight's Orlando teams.

Obviously I was talking about the match-up not the games, also I meant like in the last couple years, not when Bynum was a nobody because he isn't now, which makes those stats irrelevant.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 06:14 PM
Obviously I was talking about the match-up not the games, also I meant like in the last couple years, not when Bynum was a nobody because he isn't now, which makes those stats irrelevant.

Look at the stats that matter. Howard is by far the better player.

The_Jamal
08-19-2012, 07:33 PM
Blazers. Their is not a big difference between Bynum and Howard anymore and I see Westbrook, Matthews, and Batum all having a huge series. Blazers are deeper, have the significant advantage at the wings and point guard, have the significant bench advantage, and have the 1 guy who can outplay Dwight in a playoff series with Bynum.

This should honestly be a no brainer

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 07:37 PM
Blazers. Their is not a big difference between Bynum and Howard anymore and I see Westbrook, Matthews, and Batum all having a huge series. Blazers are deeper, have the significant advantage at the wings and point guard, have the significant bench advantage, and have the 1 guy who can outplay Dwight in a playoff series with Bynum.

This should honestly be a no brainer

1.Should someone let Bynum know that? Bynum is not Dwight. Dwight is by far the better defensive player and has played well against Bynum.
2. Wes and Batum are streak offensive players, they tend to disapear. Wes last year was a 3 point shooter but not effiecent in 2 pointers.
3.Westy won't stop shooting,Dwight will not let him just get to the paint with ease.
4.KG will go nuts on Scola. Scola doesn't defend PFs that can shoot well at all. And Nash will not be stopped by Westbrook. Westbrook won't stop nash from doing what he does best and Nash has an easy job finding KG and Dwight. Dwight will go off in this series.

Mr. Baller
08-19-2012, 07:56 PM
Im glad the more knowledgable posters see we would win this series. Oh well this is the NBA Forum after all.

The_Jamal
08-19-2012, 08:22 PM
1.Should someone let Bynum know that? Bynum is not Dwight. Dwight is by far the better defensive player and has played well against Bynum.
2. Wes and Batum are streak offensive players, they tend to disapear. Wes last year was a 3 point shooter but not effiecent in 2 pointers.
3.Westy won't stop shooting,Dwight will not let him just get to the paint with ease.
4.KG will go nuts on Scola. Scola doesn't defend PFs that can shoot well at all. And Nash will not be stopped by Westbrook. Westbrook won't stop nash from doing what he does best and Nash has an easy job finding KG and Dwight. Dwight will go off in this series.

1. Prove it. How is Dwight "by far the better defensive player" And of course you can cherry pick stats in the Bynum/Howard match-up when Bynum just hit his stride this past season and started playing to his potenial.

2. What does this have to do with anything? Wes and Batum are both highly capable of putting big games and would absolutely dominate their respective match-ups on both ends of the court. Rip and Hedo are on their last legs as players and are not even close to being starting material.

3. What? A player like Westbrook is EXACTLY what you want to combat post defenders like KG and Dwight by attacking them and getting them in foul trouble. Westbrook, Batum, and Matthews all would be able to get to the rim with relative ease in their match-ups which exposes Howard and KG defensively. Dominant defensive teams are built by having 5 strong team defenders, not 2 post defenders cleaning up the mess of your atrocious perimeter defense

4. Once again, you are saying nonsense that I don't even think you believe yourself. Nash is 38 years old. Westbrook is one of the best defensive PG's in the league and one of the most athletic players in the league. He absolutely would limit Nash in this series with his ball-pressure and force Nash to try and defend him offensively.

5. I love KG as much as the next guy, but he isn't dominating anybody on the offensive end at this point in his career. He's a 15-17 PPG player against a good match-up as he's displayed the last few years of his career at PF. His resurgence last season was due to his change to becoming a C. And with Westbrook on Nash, and Bynum on Howard, the Blazers can afford for KG to get 15-18 PPG without much of a sweat. The Rockets would struggle for offense in this series.

6. I feel like the bench is not playing a big enough role in this series. KG and Nash are not 36 minute/game players anymore. They simply do not have the stamina to play at a high level for that long of a period of time. The Rockets do not have the depth to compensate for that fact and the Blazers are probably the deepest team in the mock.

Typical NBA forum voting though. It's "OMGZ HOWARD AND KG UNBEATABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and they don't even take time to read the write-ups or look at the match-up. I feel bad for PL and Baller, they deserved a finals opportunity

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 08:33 PM
1. Prove it. How is Dwight "by far the better defensive player" And of course you can cherry pick stats in the Bynum/Howard match-up when Bynum just hit his stride this past season and started playing to his potenial.

2. What does this have to do with anything? Wes and Batum are both highly capable of putting big games and would absolutely dominate their respective match-ups on both ends of the court. Rip and Hedo are on their last legs as players and are not even close to being starting material.

3. What? A player like Westbrook is EXACTLY what you want to combat post defenders like KG and Dwight by attacking them and getting them in foul trouble. Westbrook, Batum, and Matthews all would be able to get to the rim with relative ease in their match-ups which exposes Howard and KG defensively. Dominant defensive teams are built by having 5 strong team defenders, not 2 post defenders cleaning up the mess of your atrocious perimeter defense

4. Once again, you are saying nonsense that I don't even think you believe yourself. Nash is 38 years old. Westbrook is one of the best defensive PG's in the league and one of the most athletic players in the league. He absolutely would limit Nash in this series with his ball-pressure and force Nash to try and defend him offensively.

5. I love KG as much as the next guy, but he isn't dominating anybody on the offensive end at this point in his career. He's a 15-17 PPG player against a good match-up as he's displayed the last few years of his career at PF. His resurgence last season was due to his change to becoming a C. And with Westbrook on Nash, and Bynum on Howard, the Blazers can afford for KG to get 15-18 PPG without much of a sweat. The Rockets would struggle for offense in this series.

6. I feel like the bench is not playing a big enough role in this series. KG and Nash are not 36 minute/game players anymore. They simply do not have the stamina to play at a high level for that long of a period of time. The Rockets do not have the depth to compensate for that fact and the Blazers are probably the deepest team in the mock.

Typical NBA forum voting though. It's "OMGZ HOWARD AND KG UNBEATABLE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" and they don't even take time to read the write-ups or look at the match-up. I feel bad for PL and Baller, they deserved a finals opportunity

1.Prove it? Do you not watch Dwight? Dwight is by far the better defender. Bynum doesn't change the game like dwight does. Cherry pick it has anybody stopped Dwight one on one? Dwight is the more efficent scorer and destroys him rebounding wise.
2. This is the WCF, Tickytact fouls go out the window. Dwight changes the game on the defesnive side and so does KG. Batum and Wes are good 3 point shooters but lets not pretend like Rip is a horrible defender. Rip is average on the defensive side. Rip is also a perfect fit to Nash.
3.Please two of the best Help defenders in the game today. Might even be two of the best ever to play the game. You act like KG sucks. They are two perfect defenders for the team. Westy is amazing, love him but your going to tell me he is going to slow down the PnR of Dwight and Nash? Nash made a living with amare now look at what he is going to do with Dwight. Westy would get his but Nash with talent like this can dowhat he does best. Westy gambles so much on defense, nash spreads the floor and is an amazing passer.
4.KG went 20-10 on the heat and there great defense last year. Scola is not a good defender. He does not come out on shooting PF's like KG. KG and Nash run the pick and pop they will struggle. KG will dominate this series.
5.Yeah there old men that are on the down side of ther career but you really think they can't play 36 mins a game. Come on Nash is still in the great shape. KG in the WCF will play 36 mins effictevly
6. I don't know what I did, but it seems like you haven't liked me since of the start. Its alright we will see how this works out.

Mr. Baller
08-19-2012, 08:38 PM
Still got 2 more days. Plenty of time to catch up.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Its only 7 votes I believe. Not sure why anybody would think this is close to over.

Corey
08-19-2012, 09:21 PM
Blazers.

Better overall lineup, better bench, and a clear advantage in the backcourt.

Houston has ONE reserve big, and they're starting two reserves at the wings.

Mr. Baller
08-19-2012, 09:42 PM
Blazers.

Better overall lineup, better bench, and a clear advantage in the backcourt.

Houston has ONE reserve big, and they're starting two reserves at the wings.

BUT THEY HAVE KG AND DWIGHT!!!!! OMG CHAMPIONSHIP!!!!! swag

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 09:44 PM
Ok.

xnick5757
08-19-2012, 10:01 PM
Howard is such a better defender than Bynum its not even funny. It's a huge gap between the two overall.

That being said, still not sure who wins this. Leaning towards trailblazers because of their wings though

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 10:03 PM
Howard would change everything.. I guess people forgot how much of an impact defender he is. Scola won't go defende KG out there. Ask any Rocket fan thats where he struggls. Allowing those two to impact the series is a bad sign for POR.

Mr. Baller
08-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Dwight can't do it all defensively. The penetration nonstop by all 3 of my wings and then dealing with Bynum.

Corey
08-19-2012, 10:08 PM
Right, and the Blazers constantly attacking the paint from the perimeter and going in to Scola and Bynum on the block wouldn't put Dwight and KG in foul trouble?

You have one big to come in. One.

Westbrook would abuse Nash offensively, and shut him down on the other end of the floor.

KG is a great player, but he's NOTHING more than a jump shooter on offense at this point. It's not going to be too hard to defend him.

The gap between Dwight and Bynum isn't as large as you're making it out to be, either.

Also, your bench sucks (HOU).

The Blazers has a much more balanced lineup. They have a much better bench. They're well rounded on both sides of the ball, and they hold a distinct advantage over Houston in the backcourt/wing.

Blazers would win.

Mr. Baller
08-19-2012, 10:09 PM
Do the right thing America! :flag:

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 10:10 PM
KG too Baller. Your really saying Westbrook would shut down Nash that he wouldn't make an impact?

Mr. Baller
08-19-2012, 10:11 PM
KG too Baller. Your really saying Westbrook would shut down Nash that he wouldn't make an impact?

Again they both can't do it all. And he has locked him down in the past and Nash isn't getting any younger, plus you are relying on him to score as well.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 10:13 PM
Nash had nobody at all the last two years. PnR and PNP with KG and Dwight would be huge. He would make a big Impact. The age you speak of would matter if he had declined but he hasn't he took that spurs team and made them a playoff bubble team. You are under-rating Nash.

Mr. Baller
08-19-2012, 10:15 PM
No I am not underrating him, but Westy has proven that he can and will lock down Nash.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 10:17 PM
Wait so his h2h matchups matter vs Nash with a no talent team matter but Dwight vs Bynum's matchups don't matter?

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 10:21 PM
http://www.hoopsstats.com/basketball/fantasy/nba/oklahoma-city-thunder/players/russell-westbrook/comparison/12/21/315/353 Shut down? Nash still makes an impact against anybody guarding him.

Mr. Baller
08-19-2012, 10:25 PM
The last 2 years, Nash had one good game against Westy (12 & 13), other then that pretty mediocre to average.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 10:26 PM
Westbrook hasn't been so good if we are looking at those matchups. Surprise surpirse didn;t shoot to great. Its a lot easier to focus all the attention on Nash when Gortat is the 2nd best player on the team.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 10:33 PM
You said 12 and 13 was the only good game? What about 20 and 10 the year before? And westy shot 5-17 that game or 12 and 8 with Westy shooting 7-17 against him? or the game he had 11 and 14?

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 10:57 PM
I think the count is 24-19 Rockets if I counted right.

PocketKings
08-20-2012, 06:36 AM
I voted Blazers after reading through the series thread thus far.

Here are my thoughts and why I chose the Blazers:
1) Westbrook is the perfect PG to have in this series pairing him with Bynum. The fact is those post defenders of the Rockets are going to have to pick their poison in this. It isn't like Bynum isn't a threat offensively. Westbrook's ability to get into the lane and create offense either for himself, a dump down into Bynum, or a kickout to Matthews/Batum, or even a slashing Matthews/Batum would be effective.

The absolute lack of perimeter defense of the Rockets would hurt them in this series. It'd be their "death sentence."

2) Matthews and Batum might be "streaky" but they are far more consistent, far better, and far more reliable than Rip/Hedo. They provide athleticism, shooting, and slashing. They would put a lot, and I mean a lot of pressure on KG/Dwight to carry and shoulder too much burden in this series.

3) Dwight is a far superior player to Bynum, but with that said, Bynum absolutely is the center to distract Dwight. How is Dwight going to play help defense when he has to worry about one of the more lethal low-post options in the NBA. So you say well KG will be obligated to a lot of the help to allow Dwight to play a bit more man on Bynum, then that allows Scola to operate from the mid-post to elbow area of the floor extended. The Blazers athleticism and wings just happen to be too much in this series.

4) Depth is actually an issue for both sides in the front-court. In most series the Portland depth in the frontcourt wouldn't be an issue, but let's be honest, the playoffs most teams run a 3 player rotation at the 4/5 positions unless an extreme condition were to arise. There should be equally as much concern for if Bynum were to get into foul trouble because if he goes down the Blazers have Boris Diaw as their primary back-up center which in most series would be fine except for the fact that the Rockets are rolling out Dwight and KG potentially at that Center position. Even with that said, Dwight/an aging KG/an aging Nash are being asked too much against a young, athletic team in the Blazers with capable shooters to space the floor and slashers to attempt to create a foul situation.

In the end I got the Blazers in 6.

PocketKings
08-20-2012, 06:41 AM
Blazers: 19(posters with less than 100 posts: mosesedan; MP.trey; thornz503; yabaecip -- GM vote: Mr. Baller)
Rockets: 23 (posters with less than 100 posts: bloomis1307; Indyheatjman; pcord901; -- GM vote: aussieNOHfan; xxplayerxx23)

This was the count I have when after I tallied the vote after I voted.

Mr. Baller
08-20-2012, 10:30 AM
The gap is closing. Come on people, keep voting

Jdawg
08-20-2012, 11:40 AM
Love the debate between the two GMs. Great work by both. But I am sorry, no earthy way the Rockets would even stretch this series to 5. Portland all the way here. Poor Nash wouldn't make it out of this series alive I'm afraid.

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 11:41 AM
Love the debate between the two GMs. Great work by both. But I am sorry, no earthy way the Rockets would even stretch this series to 5. Portland all the way here. Poor Nash wouldn't make it out of this series alive I'm afraid.

Lol get out of here with a sweep.

Mr. Baller
08-20-2012, 12:44 PM

:clap:

Mr. Baller
08-20-2012, 03:22 PM
Bump.

Greet
08-20-2012, 03:25 PM
1) Westbrook is the perfect PG to have in this series pairing him with Bynum. The fact is those post defenders of the Rockets are going to have to pick their poison in this. It isn't like Bynum isn't a threat offensively. Westbrook's ability to get into the lane and create offense either for himself, a dump down into Bynum, or a kickout to Matthews/Batum, or even a slashing Matthews/Batum would be effective.

I voted for the Blazers as well, but you guys are seriously underrating Steve Nash. The last time that Nash had a dominant low-post player (Amar'e), the Suns where championship contenders year in and year out. Now you give him two of them, and two of the most dominant defenders in the game at that.

2) Matthews and Batum might be "streaky" but they are far more consistent, far better, and far more reliable than Rip/Hedo. They provide athleticism, shooting, and slashing. They would put a lot, and I mean a lot of pressure on KG/Dwight to carry and shoulder too much burden in this series.

The streaky 3-pt shooting for the Blazers is what would kill them in this series. We all know that when things aren't going the right way that Russell LOVES to just chuck up shot after shot, which is what would happen if Wes/Batum where not hitting shots. Also Russell isn't very well known for getting his bigs into the game.....

3) Dwight is a far superior player to Bynum, but with that said, Bynum absolutely is the center to distract Dwight. How is Dwight going to play help defense when he has to worry about one of the more lethal low-post options in the NBA. So you say well KG will be obligated to a lot of the help to allow Dwight to play a bit more man on Bynum, then that allows Scola to operate from the mid-post to elbow area of the floor extended. The Blazers athleticism and wings just happen to be too much in this series.

You have two elite defenders at the 4-5.....KG is notoriously known for his help defense as well. I don't really think that it would be that big of a factor. In fact, I would LOVE to see how Scola would match up against KG in the

I still picked the Blazers to win the series, but I believe that it would go to 7.

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 03:33 PM
I feel like this game would go 6-7 and there is no doubt about it. Age factor with my two older guys hasn't seemed to hit them big. Nash would have an impact.

Mr. Baller
08-20-2012, 03:57 PM
The gap is closing. LETS GO BLAZERS!!!

Mr. Baller
08-20-2012, 06:51 PM
Keep voting people!

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 06:54 PM
Keep voting Rockets people!

Wow your true feelings have shown. I respect it, Vote for the better team Rockets:D

Sportfan
08-20-2012, 07:04 PM
It is. We dominate the perimeter and still have a very solid down low combo. Rockets are a 3 man team, we aren't.
Yea, they are a 3 man team but your bench is weak, mostly scrubs other than Redick.

Westy would break Nash's ankles, but Westy attacks the basket and he'll get ****ed over by D12 and KG. Blazers needed more on the wing to expose Rockets.

aussie
08-20-2012, 10:26 PM
whats the score?

PocketKings
08-20-2012, 10:32 PM
whats the score?

Are you incapable of doing the tally?

Gagan136
08-20-2012, 10:45 PM
Pretty close, see it going 7 games with the Blazers winning

Mr. Baller
08-20-2012, 10:53 PM
Good man. Way to vote for Amurica :flag:

xxplayerxx23
08-20-2012, 11:20 PM
Good man. Way to vote for Amurica :flag:

You said you were anti-Amerca doesn't even know how to spell America :pity: Don't fall for this lie.

Eagles4Lyfe
08-21-2012, 12:34 AM
Liked the Rockets as the best team in the West and don't see Matthews or Batum capable enough of closing the gap between the bigs..
Westbrook would really slow down Nash a lot but KG in the playoffs this year showed he was practically impossible to stop. Only thing that kept him in trouble was fouls and I don't see Scola putting pressure on him offensively to get him in foul trouble..

Rockets in 6

xxplayerxx23
08-21-2012, 12:37 AM
Liked the Rockets as the best team in the West and don't see Matthews or Batum capable enough of closing the gap between the bigs..
Westbrook would really slow down Nash a lot but KG in the playoffs this year showed he was practically impossible to stop. Only thing that kept him in trouble was fouls and I don't see Scola putting pressure on him offensively to get him in foul trouble..

Rockets in 6

:clap: :nod:

aussie
08-21-2012, 03:17 AM
Are you incapable of doing the tally?
no just too lazy

xxplayerxx23
08-21-2012, 10:43 AM
Rockets:35 (3 Illegal votes +2 Gm Votes
Blazers 28 (3 Illegal votes +1 Gm vote)

PocketKings
08-21-2012, 02:08 PM
Looks like the Rockets are running away with it.

xxplayerxx23
08-21-2012, 02:12 PM
Its still within reach and plenty of time. I believe Im only up like 6 or 7 votes.

xxplayerxx23
08-21-2012, 07:24 PM
Bump :shrug:

xxplayerxx23
08-21-2012, 10:02 PM
To the Finals :dance2: :dance:

Corey
08-21-2012, 10:04 PM
Two rounds in a row that Houston shouldn't have won.

Interesting.

xxplayerxx23
08-21-2012, 10:07 PM
Makes it even more impressive 1st NBA mock :D

Corey
08-21-2012, 10:09 PM
Not really. Your writeups consisted of ridiculous amounts of spelling errors, your team really isn't that good, you have **** for depth, and you fail to make solid arguments when defending your team.

You're just lucky the NBA forum doesn't care about your reasoning. They just look at your starting lineup and vote.

I guess at the end of the day, you're doing well and that's all that matters. Not impressed too much though.

xxplayerxx23
08-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Wow way to hurt my feelings :cry:

Mr. Baller
08-21-2012, 10:31 PM
Preach Corey preach! Anyway congrats to player for making the finals. Aussie way to latch on I guess

xxplayerxx23
08-21-2012, 10:33 PM
Preach Corey preach! Anyway congrats to player for making the finals. Aussie way to latch on I guess

:laugh: Thanks man.

aussie
08-21-2012, 10:43 PM

hey this is my team too, I've just been extremely busy with work and haven't had much time to play this year

Mr. Baller
08-21-2012, 10:50 PM
hey this is my team too, I've just been extremely busy with work and haven't had much time to play this year

Nah it's player's team. You did nothing and *****ed at most of the moves he made.

homestarunner93
08-21-2012, 11:18 PM
Not really. Your writeups consisted of ridiculous amounts of spelling errors, your team really isn't that good, you have **** for depth, and you fail to make solid arguments when defending your team.

You're just lucky the NBA forum doesn't care about your reasoning. They just look at your starting lineup and vote.

I guess at the end of the day, you're doing well and that's all that matters. Not impressed too much though.

The team Corey built is much more impressive.

Corey
08-22-2012, 01:55 AM

:laugh:

Oh, you.

raiderposting
08-22-2012, 03:45 AM
corey going ham dissing player like he's ever said **** to him. anyways i forgot to vote, but i would have gone with the rockets. Nash with his passing and shooting ability teamed up with KG and Howard is too much. westbrook would not be successful driving to the hoop trying to go through howard and kg. scola will get schooled by kg as well.

The_Jamal
08-22-2012, 03:57 AM
My strategy in the mock next year:

Trade my whole 2 for a top 4 player and get rewarded with 2 of the top 4 FA's

Sadds The Gr8
08-22-2012, 04:02 AM

lol

I Rock Shaqs
08-22-2012, 05:02 AM

WAhhhhhhhh!! wahhhhhh!!!

aussie
08-22-2012, 05:15 AM
Nah it's player's team. You did nothing and *****ed at most of the moves he made.
aww poor baby, would you like your bottle. You do know we wouldn't of had Dwight if it wasn't for me among other trades, then i had to leave, therefore it was our team and i wasn't latching on

xnick5757
08-22-2012, 08:06 AM

trailblazers had a better shot at beating PK than houston did

Westbrook vs. Curry
Matthews vs. Wade
Batum vs Granger
Scola vs. Smith
Bynum vs Hibbert

I actually think the blazers might have won that

now its:

Nash vs. Curry (offensive explosion)
Hamilton vs Wade (lololol)
Turkeyglue vs Granger (lol)
Garnett vs. Smith (ok)
Howard vs. Hibbert (howard smash)

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-22-2012, 12:09 PM

Which is why I hated this result. It sets a completely new precedent to a game like this considering the fact that xx's first write up was really ****** too to every player he offered a contract which is seen as the most important write up(no offence xx.)

Sadds The Gr8
08-22-2012, 12:16 PM
lol at all the haters coming out now. I didn't like the way he built his team either but I'm not gonna bash and hate on him since it has worked and he's in the finals. Get over it, no need to hate on the man.

KnicksorBust
08-22-2012, 12:35 PM

Trade my whole team for a top 4 player and get rewarded with 2 of the top 4 FA's

Which is why I hated this result. It sets a completely new precedent to a game like this considering the fact that xx's first write up was really ****** too to every player he offered a contract which is seen as the most important write up(no offence xx.)

Should we ***** about it working for the Heat in real life too...

I do agree though. :laugh:

aww poor baby, would you like your bottle. You do know we wouldn't of had Dwight if it wasn't for me among other trades, then i had to leave, therefore it was our team and i wasn't latching on

The whole trade talks were between me and xx in a chatzy. I had convince him to put the trade through without your approval. You actually had 0 to do with getting Dwight. :)

trailblazers had a better shot at beating PK than houston did

Westbrook vs. Curry
Matthews vs. Wade
Batum vs Granger
Scola vs. Smith
Bynum vs Hibbert

I actually think the blazers might have won that

now its:

Nash vs. Curry (offensive explosion)
Hamilton vs Wade (lololol)
Turkeyglue vs Granger (lol)
Garnett vs. Smith (ok)
Howard vs. Hibbert (howard smash)

Spot on xnickx. Blazers was a dead heat. Pacers will manhandle the Finals now.

KnicksorBust
08-22-2012, 12:36 PM
lol at all the haters coming out now. I didn't like the way he built his team either but I'm not gonna bash and hate on him since it has worked and he's in the finals. Get over it, no need to hate on the man.

People did complain about it at the time too.

nyanks79
08-22-2012, 12:41 PM
Corey gave him KG hours before the big 3 signed. Dont get why hes mad at how he did his team.

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2012, 12:48 PM
Guess what? Im in the finals and I don't care about anybody's opinions on wheather I deserve it or not. I worked hard on the team and were in the finals so don't care for anybody elses feelings in the matter. Im not offended at anything I just don't care. I started with the lottery team Rockets and their in the finals. Boston and any other team have to stop *****ing about a FA move its over you didn't get the guy sorry.

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2012, 12:55 PM

Did you vote in this matchup?

aussie
08-22-2012, 12:56 PM
The whole trade talks were between me and xx in a chatzy. I had convince him to put the trade through without your approval. You actually had 0 to do with getting Dwight. :)

yeah ino that lol but I was the one who got Horford and Pau but it was a good job that player got Dwight despite all my whining (:

nyanks79
08-22-2012, 12:59 PM
What? How did I *****? All I said was that Corey gave you KG. I was defending you. Which reading back maybe I shouldnt have said cause Corey didnt complain about the way you made your team it was others.

I think people more so have a problem that this is your first game and you think your the man.

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2012, 01:01 PM
I thought you were complaining on Corey.Who thinks there the Man?

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2012, 01:50 PM
yeah ino that lol but I was the one who got Horford and Pau but it was a good job that player got Dwight despite all my whining (:

That was a team effort on Pau.

Sadds The Gr8
08-22-2012, 02:01 PM
People did complain about it at the time too.

complain about what? KG? the only people that complained were the OKC gm's because they don't know how to do a S&T.

Other than that, I didn't see people complaining about the Rockets roster

Eagles4Lyfe
08-22-2012, 02:58 PM
What? How did I *****? All I said was that Corey gave you KG. I was defending you. Which reading back maybe I shouldnt have said cause Corey didnt complain about the way you made your team it was others.

I think people more so have a problem that this is your first game and you think your the man.

He made the finals hes the man, where you at??

Corey
08-22-2012, 03:11 PM
corey going ham dissing player like he's ever said **** to him. anyways i forgot to vote, but i would have gone with the rockets. Nash with his passing and shooting ability teamed up with KG and Howard is too much. westbrook would not be successful driving to the hoop trying to go through howard and kg. scola will get schooled by kg as well.
Im not dissing him, he did well. I'm more dissing the NBA forum than anything. player did the best he could and made a number of good moves.

All I'm saying is that his writeups are meh and the NBA forum is dumb. I think both of those are true.

WAhhhhhhhh!! wahhhhhh!!!
Do I know you?

Corey gave him KG hours before the big 3 signed. Dont get why hes mad at how he did his team.

Im not complaining about his team at all though. I think he did a good job, especially as a rookie GM that didn't really have help from an experienced Co.

I think the NBA forum looks at the big names and votes. Do I think he should have advanced this far? No, not at all...But that's just my opinion.

He's done a great job in his first game, I just think he beat two teams in a row that should have beat him.

nyanks79
08-22-2012, 03:14 PM
He made the finals hes the man, where you at??

Got to the conference finals. Where are you?

Eagles4Lyfe
08-22-2012, 03:22 PM
Got to the conference finals. Where are you?

Made playoffs with a worse team and got beat by the best team like you did...

Jdawg
08-22-2012, 06:14 PM
Congrats to Rockets but this result makes a mockery of the game IMO.

Ebbs
08-22-2012, 06:51 PM

You did exactly what you did last mock dissapear after a bad trade.

Congrats to Rockets but this result makes a mockery of the game IMO.

?

Catfish1314
08-22-2012, 07:59 PM
Guess what? Im in the finals and I don't care about anybody's opinions on wheather I deserve it or not. I worked hard on the team and were in the finals so don't care for anybody elses feelings in the matter. Im not offended at anything I just don't care. I started with the lottery team Rockets and their in the finals. Boston and any other team have to stop *****ing about a FA move its over you didn't get the guy sorry.

You tell them.

And for those complaining about the way free agency went, Garnett signed with the Rockets to play with Dwight Howard. Nash signed with the Rockets to play with both of them. Nash would not have signed in Houston just to play with Dwight. It took the presence of both of them to sway him there. Garnett and Nash had two different agents so the likelihood of the Rockets trio coming together was very, very, very slim. It happened anyway and that's just the way the game went.

It's not like one commissioner monopolized the free agent market and decided the Rockets were going to have a hellacious combination. Two decisions. Two different people.

If player in his inexperience believes this kind of thing happens every game (I've seen no evidence of that), he's misled. And in my opinion, those of you who think the way free agency played out sets some sort of precedent are also misled.

If player thinks he's "the man" (I've seen no evidence of that), let him think it. If he doesn't already know it, he'll know soon enough these games rarely play out as smoothly as it did for him this time around.

It astounds me that essentially no one has bothered to congratulate them for advancing. The majority voted.

Mr. Baller
08-22-2012, 08:08 PM
You tell them.

And for those complaining about the way free agency went, Garnett signed with the Rockets to play with Dwight Howard. Nash signed with the Rockets to play with both of them. Nash would not have signed in Houston just to play with Dwight. It took the presence of both of them to sway him there. Garnett and Nash had two different agents so the likelihood of the Rockets trio coming together was very, very, very slim. It happened anyway and that's just the way the game went.

It's not like one commissioner monopolized the free agent market and decided the Rockets were going to have a hellacious combination. Two decisions. Two different people.

If player in his inexperience believes this kind of thing happens every game (I've seen no evidence of that), he's misled. And in my opinion, those of you who think the way free agency played out sets some sort of precedent are also misled.

If player thinks he's "the man" (I've seen no evidence of that), let him think it. If he doesn't already know it, he'll know soon enough these games rarely play out as smoothly as it did for him this time around.

It astounds me that essentially no one has bothered to congratulate them for advancing. The majority voted.

I did.

xxplayerxx23
08-22-2012, 08:08 PM
You tell them.

:love: it was my first game so I tested out a stratgey and it worked, doesn't always work that way I get it. And I don't know why somebody would think Im the man when I havent bragged or anything like that.

aussie
08-22-2012, 10:01 PM
You did exactly what you did last mock dissapear after a bad trade.

no, no i never disappeared last mock, because i was talking with eagles the whole time, this mock once FA started I had to leave on a work related trip and couldn't play, but you're wrong ebbs, never disappeared last year

KnicksorBust
08-23-2012, 07:56 AM
This is the most I've ever seen Aussie post... :laugh:

xnick5757
08-23-2012, 08:10 AM
Bobcats rule

PocketKings
08-23-2012, 09:40 AM
This is the most I've ever seen Aussie post... :laugh:

This.

Super.
08-23-2012, 12:19 PM