PDA

View Full Version : Chris Paul all but guaranteed to resign this summer/bulls letting Gibson walk?

bric
08-18-2012, 02:36 AM
Just some quick thoughs: with the Howard deal done and him buying a 20 million dollar house in LA and the fact that the lakers will have enough money to create a great team to surround Howard with in 2015 it all but assures that cp3 will resign in clipper land at the end of the season.

The only fear clipper fans had regarding him was him and Howard possibly finding a way to team up on a team like Houston or Charlotte who at the beginning of free agency could have had enough cap to sign both comfortably in 2013 but an omer asik and Jeremy Lin and dwight Howard trade later and we are back to cp3's most logical option being to stay with the clippers barring Howard feeling uncomfortable with the lakers

So all in all, cp3 will more than likely be a clipper long term and already must be ecstatic that the front office has added some nice pieces in the off season that should be able to get the team into the second round

And my second thing I wanted to touch on is the fact that the bulls will more than likely either let Gibson walk or trade him at the deadline due to wanting to have cap space in the summer of 2013 and 2014 as well as to save themselves from the repeaters tax

As most logical sports fans know, there's is nothing of worth that would help the bulls be able to beat Miami in a 7 game series in free agency until 2015 when Kevin love and lamarcus Aldridge are free agents where as 2013 and 2014's top free agents are a 30+ year old Dwayne Wade and a 4th option player in Iguodala

But back to the topic at hand, the bulls would likely have to pay Gibson atleast anywhere from 35 to 40 million dollars for a 4-5 year deal,before a team like a Charlotte or golden state or whatever team with cap that would make an offer the bulls would have to not match in free agency

It is simply illogical for them to resign him for that price and chase free agents,even after amnesty ing boozer

They simply wouldn't have enough cap to attract a max level player and wouldn't be able to afford one

The only way to get out if this situation would be to either trade Gibson for a pick now, let him walk or try to trade luol Deng or noah at the deadline for picks and an expiring contract

Which btw would create an even bigger Hole on the teams roster as Jimmy butler /nazr mohammad are not starter caliber players in the nba

So in short, the only logical thing from the bulls perspective is to either let Gibson walk, trade him at the deadline for a pick, go into the luxury tax and resign him while also hindering yourselves from signing 'top flight freeagents' and Dwayne Wade, Iguodala, Aaron affalo, lmao, etc

Or

Reset the offseason, trade Noah for a draft pick, resign asik, and have more cap flexibility as well as a nice young player

But alas, they will probably let Gibson walk and replace him with Chris Wilcox for whatever minimum cap free agent they can play for 20 minutes off the bench

Hopefully the front office can make a good decision from a basketball perspective, not a financial one so that they may improve the team quickly before we hear rumblings of derrick rose wanting to play for another team

Remember, lebron James said he would never leave Cleveland as well, he jumped ship

Why not rose? Was he not as humble as lebron when he entered the league, outside of 'the chosen one' tattoo?

bric
08-18-2012, 02:55 AM
With ibaka off the market, taj Gibson probably becomes the second most valuable, sought after power forward on the market next season behind Josh Smith

bric
08-18-2012, 03:05 AM
One last quick note, Bulls fans have been saying that hinrich was an upgrade over Watson but neglect to mention that Watson would have been off the books after this season while hinrich is more expensive long term with a 2 year 6 million dollar deal

And Watson turned around and signed with the nets for the minimum

Bottom line, there is a thin line between being cheap and being a smart shopper and the bulls have proven this offseason to be moronic at the being cheap by hurting their future cap while trying to cut costs

Mave1002
08-18-2012, 03:11 AM
With ibaka off the market, taj Gibson probably becomes the second most valuable, sought after power forward on the market next season behind Josh Smith

Uh uh.

Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers $7.2 million Restricted ($9.4 million Qualifying Offer)

Paul Millsap, Utah Jazz $8.6 million Unrestricted

Al Jefferson, Utah Jazz $15.0 million Unrestricted

Bismack Biyombo, Charlotte Bobcats $2.9 million Team Option ($3.0 million)

Kenneth Faried, Denver Nuggets $1.3 million Team Option ($1.4 million)

David West, Indiana Pacers $10.0 million Unrestricted

jmoney85
08-18-2012, 03:31 AM
Uh uh.

Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers $7.2 million Restricted ($9.4 million Qualifying Offer)

didnt blake griffin just sign a max extension?

and biyombo + faried have team options... obviously they will get picked up

flatbush knicks
08-18-2012, 03:33 AM
where did cp3 assure he's staying with the clippers and it's to soon for this kind of thread if the clippers suck next year he's gone

dtmagnet
08-18-2012, 03:45 AM
where did cp3 assure he's staying with the clippers and it's to soon for this kind of thread if the clippers suck next year he's gone

Where the hell would he go, there are no other situations better for him than the Clippers.

Guppyfighter
08-18-2012, 03:57 AM
Where the hell would he go, there are no other situations better for him than the Clippers.

Not being on the Clippers is a great position to be in.

flatbush knicks
08-18-2012, 04:00 AM

how can you say that the season hasn't played out yet the west is really stacked who's to say they even make the playoffs next year and outside of blake who do the clippers really have compared to the lakers thunder shyt even the nuggets have a better team on paper and lets not forget about the spurs i'm not saying he's going to the knicks truthfully idk what team he'd go to but it's way to early to say anything i mean look at the whole d12 situaton and this dude cp3 was the same one who said he'd only sign a contract ext with the knicks before he got traded to the clippers who cares what he said wait until the end of the season to find out i predict him signing a two year extension to team up with either d12 or melo but that's just me cuz if the clippers are great then yeah he'll resign so idk gotta let the season play out first

bric
08-18-2012, 04:03 AM

how can you say that the season hasn't played out yet the west is really stacked who's to say they even make the playoffs next year and outside of bake who do the clippers really have compared to the lakers thunder shyt even the nuggets have a better team on paper and lets not forget about the spurs i'm not saying he's going to the knicks truthfully idk what team he'd go to but it's way to early to say anything i mean look at the whole d12 situaton and this dude cp3 was the same one who said he'd only sign a contract ext with the knicks before he got traded to the clippers who cares what he said wait until the end of the season to find out i predict himsigning a two year extension if the clippers to team up with either d12 or melo but that's just me cuz if the clippers are great then yeah he'll resign so idk gotta let the season play out first

I would love to know where any of the teams you mentioned would magical get enough cap space to sign a max contact free agent next summer, when the nuggets have to resign Lawson and the Spurs have Parker as well as crap loads of money invested in their big 3

Please enlighten us

flatbush knicks
08-18-2012, 04:08 AM
I would love to know where any of the teams you mentioned would magical get enough cap space to sign a max contact free agent next summer, when the nuggets have to resign Lawson and the Spurs have Parker as well as crap loads of money invested in their big 3

Please enlighten us

what are you talking about bro:facepalm::facepalm:
reread my post you quoted it how the hell you don't read it:facepalm:

Kjthunder
08-18-2012, 04:25 AM
Uh uh.

Both of those players signed extenstions with there current teams. Al Jefferson willbe highly sought after, Faried and Byombos team options will be picked up. And David West isntgonna get alotof money or multi year deals thrown his way

MiamiLoyal926
08-18-2012, 09:14 AM
what are you talking about bro:facepalm::facepalm:
reread my post you quoted it how the hell you don't read it:facepalm:

Truth be told, your post made little sense. How can he sign a "2 year extension" to team up with melo or Howard if by definition, an extension implies he is prolonging his current contract by adding additional years to it. To join Howard or melo would imply having to sign a new contract with the team either melo or howard is on thus not "extending".

In addition, why would cp3 only ink a 2 year deal when he is a max contract type player? That means 5 year deal minimum.

Perhaps both Howard and Paul decide to not resign with their current team and seek a team with enough cap to get them both, but chances are their current teams are better than what they can get by teaming up in another team (unless the mavs have enough cap for both + Dirk). I say they stay put.

No chance melo and Paul play together unless there is a trade involved.

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 11:08 AM
CP3 will be ask for a trade to the Lakers next summer,don't forget the Lakers goal was to get Dwight/CP3 together with Kobe.

Would the Clippers turn down a sign n trade Gasol/Nash for CP3?

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 11:13 AM
You mean to tell me Chris Paul isn't going to be a Knick next season? :confused:

seikou8
08-18-2012, 11:14 AM
CP3 will be ask for a trade to the Lakers next summer,don't forget the Lakers goal was to get Dwight/CP3 together with Kobe.

i would why help my rivals and give them the best pg in nba for a aging nash and gasol:rolleyes:

D1JM
08-18-2012, 11:16 AM
One last quick note, Bulls fans have been saying that hinrich was an upgrade over Watson but neglect to mention that Watson would have been off the books after this season while hinrich is more expensive long term with a 2 year 6 million dollar deal

And Watson turned around and signed with the nets for the minimum

Bottom line, there is a thin line between being cheap and being a smart shopper and the bulls have proven this offseason to be moronic at the being cheap by hurting their future cap while trying to cut costs

Bulls are looking forward to 2014, not 2013. :eyebrow:

oak2455
08-18-2012, 11:16 AM

Yessssss

You mean to tell me Chris Paul isn't going to be a Knick next season? :confused:

yessssss

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 11:17 AM
Yessssss

yessssss

:cry: but the wedding toast. If he lied then he shouldn't be invited to another weeding ever again :mad:

Heediot
08-18-2012, 11:44 AM
The Bulls will amnesty Boozer and attempt to re-sign Gibson.

RLundi
08-18-2012, 11:49 AM
Good read...

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 11:51 AM
No unless he wants to sign for the MLE,which I doubt.Or unless the Clippers want Felton/Amare in a sign n trade,which I doubt.

CP3 will be a Laker next summer book it.

oak2455
08-18-2012, 12:02 PM
No unless he wants to sign for the MLE,which I doubt.Or unless the Clippers want Felton/Amare in a sign n trade,which I doubt.

And book the fact that you'll will root for 12 nba teams:clap:

oak2455
08-18-2012, 12:03 PM
:cry: but the wedding toast. If he lied then he shouldn't be invited to another weeding ever again :mad:

So when Amare gets married he's off the list :p

Sinestro
08-18-2012, 12:11 PM
Bulls are looking forward to 2014, not 2013. :eyebrow:

Yup Rose and Noah are the new core everyone else is on the block

jp611
08-18-2012, 12:12 PM
Yeah, Taj isnt going anywhere... Not sure where you got your info from, but if you're basing it off of the Bulls letting Asik walk then you're way off base

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 12:12 PM
And book the fact that you'll will root for 12 nba teams:clap:

lol dude why do you always say I root for 12 nba teams?

Im with the Lakeshow D12 fan baby,I only rooted for Miami because I wanted Lebron to win the ring and shut his haters up.I only root for the Magic because Dwight was on Orlando at the time.So I was only rooting for 3 teams to be correct.:eyebrow:

Im all about the purple and gold.

StarvingKnick22
08-18-2012, 12:13 PM
you know exactly where CP3 has his mindset on going if not clippers.

jp611
08-18-2012, 12:14 PM

Impossible... There's literally no way for the Lakers to acquire CP3 at this point... Especially due to the fact that teams over the luxury tax cannot facilitate sign and trades anymore... Keep blindly bandwagoning and not understanding the rules of the league though :cheer:

StarvingKnick22
08-18-2012, 12:16 PM
CP3 will be ask for a trade to the Knicks next summer,don't forget the Knick goal was to get tyson/CP3 together with Melo.

Would the Clippers turn down a sign n trade Stat/Felton for CP3?

i totally agree.:D

jp611
08-18-2012, 12:16 PM

Im with the Lakeshow D12 fan baby,I only rooted for Miami because I wanted Lebron to win the ring and shut his haters up.I only root for the Magic because Dwight was on Orlando at the time.So I was only rooting for 3 teams to be correct.:eyebrow:

Until LA is not good again and you need to jump on another wagon that is

DR_1
08-18-2012, 12:23 PM
Bulls will not let Taj leave. Good bye.

SteBO
08-18-2012, 12:27 PM
The Bulls are extremely high on Gibson and rightfully so. Letting Asik go only enhances the need for them keep him in my opinion.

Dade County
08-18-2012, 12:59 PM

You shouldn't care about what the Lakers do, you are a Howard fan.

If Cp3 wants to sign for less, I wouldn't be mad at him... If he wants to sign with his biddies more power to him.

Have fun Cp3 it's your basketball carrier, don't let crazy fanatics put any pressure on you to stay in there city.

If you want to go back to N.O have fun, if you want to sign with the Knicks and get paid under the table HAVE FUN, if you want to go to the Lakers, just do it like Nike... If you see yourself as a HEAT, go have some fun on south beach.

All these people that are saying where else would he go because of money, thats your logic, other people don't have to go by your logic.

Have Fun Cp3 :clap:

Dade County
08-18-2012, 01:02 PM

:laugh:

you are too ****ing funny :laugh2:

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 01:12 PM
So when Amare gets married he's off the list :p

**** Amare's weeding that ***** is off my wedding list.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 01:13 PM
Now D12 is a Laker fan come on man. What happened to being a flordia boy?

bric
08-18-2012, 01:37 PM
Yeah, Taj isnt going anywhere... Not sure where you got your info from, but if you're basing it off of the Bulls letting Asik walk then you're way off base

If you look at what they have done this summer and the way their roster is set up, resigning Gibson will cost them more than it would to get asik back due to Gibson being a better player

And resigning him would put them further into the luxury tax even if they were to amnesty boozer They still would have to pay a lot of tax, for what? Taj Gibson who is a great role player but not even a 5 the option on a championship team

They let asik walk and they would have to pay them less than they would have to pay Gibson, and Gibson isn't even that much a better player than asik

And Gibson will cost atleast 40 million for 5 years

So you can keep believing that he isn't going anywhere as long as you are also believing that they will move either noah or deng so they don't have to pay a crap load of tax to keep a role player

bric
08-18-2012, 01:39 PM
The Bulls are extremely high on Gibson and rightfully so. Letting Asik go only enhances the need for them keep him in my opinion.

Has there been any word on an extension over the past month? And I believe the deadline for restricted players to sign an extension is uauly October or so

Like the last time when they gave noah his 60 million or so $ deal, Haha

bric
08-18-2012, 01:48 PM
If you did the numbers yourself you would see he is not going to be resigned

Hoopsworld. Com has a salary cap faw that will be very useful for you so maybe you should do some research before you ask where I got this info from

Punk
08-18-2012, 01:53 PM
It's widely known already that Paul will re-sign with the Clippers but if he had his way, he'd be in a trade with NY.

Taj Gibson will probably walk if the Bulls don't make a legit offer next season.

effen5
08-18-2012, 01:59 PM
If you look at what they have done this summer and the way their roster is set up, resigning Gibson will cost them more than it would to get asik back due to Gibson being a better player

And resigning him would put them further into the luxury tax even if they were to amnesty boozer They still would have to pay a lot of tax, for what? Taj Gibson who is a great role player but not even a 5 the option on a championship team

They let asik walk and they would have to pay them less than they would have to pay Gibson, and Gibson isn't even that much a better player than asik

And Gibson will cost atleast 40 million for 5 years

So you can keep believing that he isn't going anywhere as long as you are also believing that they will move either noah or deng so they don't have to pay a crap load of tax to keep a role player

You can't base anything off of what the Bulls did this summer. This summer was just a mess with Derrick's injury. And resigning Taj would not get us into the luxury, because what we'll do is offer him the QO and then offer him the contract. We'll only have 5 people signed in 2014. Rose, Noah, Boozer, Teague and Butler and I'm sure 2014 is the year we amnesty Boozer.

effen5
08-18-2012, 01:59 PM
It's widely known already that Paul will re-sign with the Clippers but if he had his way, he'd be in a trade with NY.

Taj Gibson will probably walk if the Bulls don't make a legit offer next season.

They'll probably offer 4 years around 28-32 mil.

effen5
08-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Has there been any word on an extension over the past month? And I believe the deadline for restricted players to sign an extension is uauly October or so

Like the last time when they gave noah his 60 million or so $ deal, Haha

We have him the next two years, we don't need to extend him right away.

jp611
08-18-2012, 02:07 PM
Are people still bashing Noah's deal after seeing what guys like brook Lopez and Tyson chandler received the last 2 seasons?

effen5
08-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Are people still bashing Noah's deal after seeing what guys like brook Lopez and Tyson chandler received the last 2 seasons?

Noah's contract is starting to look like a ****in steal right now.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:18 PM
Chandler>Noah :D

goose14741
08-18-2012, 02:27 PM

Not a chance in hell clippers agree to give cp3 to the lakers sorry and knicks cant do a sign and trade next year since they will be over the luxury tax, he will be a clipper

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:32 PM
I was joking because of Chris pauls toast, How rude of him to lie at the man's wedding smh.

seikou8
08-18-2012, 03:06 PM
i was joking because of chris pauls toast, how rude of him to lie at the man's wedding smh.

the knicks moved on by signing tyson chandler we had chance but we need a center.

godolphins
08-18-2012, 03:07 PM
Starting next year luxury tax teams won't be able to do sign and trades so unless Chris Paul decides to sign for the MLE or veterans minimum he won't be in a Lakers or Knicks jersey next year.

Cracka2HI!
08-18-2012, 03:47 PM

WOW! That is even dumber than the Knicks fans that think he will be a Knick!

Congrats Laker fans of PSD! Landing Howard got you this intelligent, loyal, genius of a basketball fan on your band wagon :laugh2:

Losoway
08-18-2012, 04:04 PM
chris paul is staying with the clippers

its really no other options out there for him

Losoway
08-18-2012, 04:05 PM
chris paul would have been in a knicks uniform but melo didnt want to take a pay cutt

:facepalm:

UPRock
08-18-2012, 04:18 PM

Of course they're old as hell what the heck wrong with you, Paul its much better than both. You're talking like Nash and Gasol are entering their prime.

Vinny642
08-18-2012, 06:53 PM

Obviously they would..... Gasol would be an expiring and Nash would not be what you guys think he is, hell he might retire at the end of the season.

SteBO
08-18-2012, 07:02 PM
bric, You're correct I believe. One way or another, Gibson will be extended. I just don't really see him anywhere else and compared to what Tyson Chandler and Brook Lopez are making now, the Noah deal isn't something to laugh at.

JordansBulls
08-18-2012, 10:20 PM
If the Bulls are going to pursue Kevin Love they will have to let Gibson walk.

jp611
08-19-2012, 09:40 AM
If the Bulls are going to pursue Kevin Love they will have to let Gibson walk.

No they won't, taj could be a nice trading piece for a Kevin love though

Mr.ATLHawks
08-19-2012, 10:17 AM

I would venture they would say hell no to that. Why would they trade for old players when they have Bledsoe sitting on the bench if Paul walks???

Mr.ATLHawks
08-19-2012, 10:18 AM
And the Hawks will have a ton of Money this offseason to go after CP3 or someone else.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 10:33 AM
chris paul would have been in a knicks uniform but melo didnt want to take a pay cutt

:facepalm:

Wrong. They signed chandler. Unless you think Melo should of took a cut all the way down to 10 or 11 million.

jp611
08-19-2012, 10:38 AM
Lol, why are people acting like you can restructure your contract in the NBA? Melo couldn't restructure it if he even wanted to

dee279
08-19-2012, 10:58 AM
Uh uh.

Blake Griffin, L.A. Clippers – $7.2 million – Restricted ($9.4 million Qualifying Offer)

Paul Millsap, Utah Jazz – $8.6 million – Unrestricted

Al Jefferson, Utah Jazz – $15.0 million – Unrestricted

Bismack Biyombo, Charlotte Bobcats – $2.9 million – Team Option ($3.0 million)

Kenneth Faried, Denver Nuggets – $1.3 million – Team Option ($1.4 million)

David West, Indiana Pacers – $10.0 million – Unrestricted

Blake signed a max contract extension and i could really sent Al Jefferson being a Rocket after this season if not before the deadline.

MattS
08-19-2012, 11:21 AM
i dont see this as a slam dunk... chris paul will do everything possibly to find his way to the Knicks... thats always been the end game.... i have absolutely no idea how the hell it would happen so dont ask me how... but i wouldnt call it a slam dunk under any circumstances

Just some quick thoughs: with the Howard deal done
and him buying a 20 million dollar house in LA and the fact that the lakers will have enough money to create a great team to surround Howard with in 2015 it all but assures that cp3 will resign in clipper land at the end of the season.

The only fear clipper fans had regarding him was him and Howard possibly finding a way to team up on a team like Houston or Charlotte who at the beginning of free agency could have had enough cap to sign both comfortably in 2013 but an omer asik and Jeremy Lin and dwight Howard trade later and we are back to cp3's most logical option being to stay with the clippers barring Howard feeling uncomfortable with the lakers

So all in all, cp3 will more than likely be a clipper long term and already must be ecstatic that the front office has added some nice pieces in the off season that should be able to get the team into the second round

And my second thing I wanted to touch on is the fact that the bulls will more than likely either let Gibson walk or trade him at the deadline due to wanting to have cap space in the summer of 2013 and 2014 as well as to save themselves from the repeaters tax

As most logical sports fans know, there's is nothing of worth that would help the bulls be able to beat Miami in a 7 game series in free agency until 2015 when Kevin love and lamarcus Aldridge are free agents where as 2013 and 2014's top free agents are a 30+ year old Dwayne Wade and a 4th option player in Iguodala

But back to the topic at hand, the bulls would likely have to pay Gibson atleast anywhere from 35 to 40 million dollars for a 4-5 year deal,before a team like a Charlotte or golden state or whatever team with cap that would make an offer the bulls would have to not match in free agency

It is simply illogical for them to resign him for that price and chase free agents,even after amnesty ing boozer

They simply wouldn't have enough cap to attract a max level player and wouldn't be able to afford one

The only way to get out if this situation would be to either trade Gibson for a pick now, let him walk or try to trade luol Deng or noah at the deadline for picks and an expiring contract

Which btw would create an even bigger Hole on the teams roster as Jimmy butler /nazr mohammad are not starter caliber players in the nba

So in short, the only logical thing from the bulls perspective is to either let Gibson walk, trade him at the deadline for a pick, go into the luxury tax and resign him while also hindering yourselves from signing 'top flight freeagents' and Dwayne Wade, Iguodala, Aaron affalo, lmao, etc

Or

Reset the offseason, trade Noah for a draft pick, resign asik, and have more cap flexibility as well as a nice young player

But alas, they will probably let Gibson walk and replace him with Chris Wilcox for whatever minimum cap free agent they can play for 20 minutes off the bench

Hopefully the front office can make a good decision from a basketball perspective, not a financial one so that they may improve the team quickly before we hear rumblings of derrick rose wanting to play for another team

Remember, lebron James said he would never leave Cleveland as well, he jumped ship

Why not rose? Was he not as humble as lebron when he entered the league, outside of 'the chosen one' tattoo?

DRose01
08-19-2012, 11:29 AM
Boozer will be gone next offseason to re-sign Taj either if someone with cap space wants him or they amnesty him. Reinsdorf has said he'll go into the luxury for a championship and, with the Rose injury the Bulls are just setting themselves up for when he comes back fully healthy.

JordansBulls
08-19-2012, 03:22 PM
No they won't, taj could be a nice trading piece for a Kevin love though

Yeah true.