PDA

View Full Version : What's the consensus on David Lee?

JasonJohnHorn
08-18-2012, 12:26 AM
The rankings for the best PF are going around again, and I got to say, I don't see David Lee getting much love. The dude was almost a 20/10 player last season, shot over .500 from the field, got more assists than turnovers (which is more than I can say of Dwight Howard), and he seems to have a good offensive game as well as being a respectable rebounder. Zach Randolph has already been ranked above him, despite the fact that he posted almost ten points less a game, and Lee out rebounded Zach. Amare is currently getting more votes, which I think are based on his reputation more than his actual productivety this past season. Lee outscored and out rebounded Amare (though Amare did get fewer minutes), and Amare got fewer assists than turnovers and Lee post the better FG% of the two. Paul Millsap posted numbers similar to Lee's, so I don't mind him getting votes over Lee, but Lee should be getting around the same number of votes as a PF like Millsap. Ibaka is also getting more votes, and though he is the better defender of the two, Lee is as good a rebounder and a far better scorer, and Ibaka's assist-to-turnover ration is $#!T compared to Lee.

Am I missing something about Lee here? I mean, I know he was on a losing team, and a team's success has got to count for something, but Lee is a great player, and all-star calibre player. If he was playing for NY or LA he'd of been on an all-star team by now. In fact, when he played in NY they put him on the All-Star team for posting numbers very similar to the ones he's posting now.

WTF is going on here?

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 12:27 AM
He sucks and is overpaid.

Hellcrooner
08-18-2012, 12:28 AM
He is the poor mans love.
Points, jumpers, rebounds.
Not much else.

seikou8
08-18-2012, 12:28 AM
david lee defense is horrible

NYKnicks4511
08-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Lee makes Amar'e look like Bill Russell on defense.

sfattahian
08-18-2012, 12:47 AM
he improved so much last season. he is one of the most if not the most dynamic scorer at the PF position. Dirk scores better but Lee scores in so many ways so consistently. There is nothing he can't do on offense, including being a GREAT passer.

He needs a defensive anchor to hide his defensive deficiencies, but thankfully thats what Bogut is for.

In my humble opinion, I think he's arguably the most underrated offensive player in the game. Never thought I'd say that, cuz when he was in New York he was less versitile on offense.

sfattahian
08-18-2012, 12:51 AM
He is the poor mans love.
Points, jumpers, rebounds.
Not much else.

you couldn't be more wrong, that is the old Lee.

you are obviously a lazy fan and have not kept up with his improvement last year. he made HUGE stride last year, and that will be reaffirmed this year now he has a better team around him.

his passing and post up skills are rediculous. he can face up and post up and shoot, and rebound (all at very very high levels). his defense sucks, but if he's surrounded by a good defensive center and small forward, it wouldn't kill you. Plus his rebounding helps finish defensive plays.

seriously people, don't sleep on dLee, he's a star on offense, no doubt. If you disagree, you haven't watched him enough, and quite frankly, you come across as ignorant.

Gritz
08-18-2012, 12:53 AM
He balled last season

Ezio
08-18-2012, 01:04 AM
Would love him on the Bulls.

ohreally
08-18-2012, 01:23 AM
For some reason it's cool to knock Lee. He's a very good shooter, a very good rebounder, a very good passer, and though he's not a very good defensive player he is actually better than given credit for in keeping the opposing player off his favorite spots and playing some ball denial. He is also willing to run out to cover smalls who get open outside, and smart enough not to let them scoot around him (all the time). He's smart and he's aware.

There is no way that he is worse defensively than Amare.

When he was a Knick it became common on the Knicks forum to say that Outlaw was better than Lee was. I kid you not. But then, Zach Randolph was garbage too. You had to be a both ends of the floor player, was the line.

Then we got Amare, who was suddenly the best power forward in the league, and Melo, who continues to be touted as a good defender.

Beats me.

Hustla23
08-18-2012, 01:36 AM
Why is it that people post comments seemingly without thinking for more than 3 seconds?

David Lee is a good player. He's not amazing or anything, but he's a solid starting power forward.

Trueblue2
08-18-2012, 01:38 AM
Overpaid but under rated.

ball4reel
08-18-2012, 01:40 AM
Love when people bash there own player for no reason

bbcmillionaire
08-18-2012, 01:42 AM
Lee for boozer

Monta is beast
08-18-2012, 01:48 AM
He's a crafty offensive player. Like you said he's underrated, but he's also overpaid. He's a fringe all-star player. But there was a game late in the season last year where Richard Jefferson chewed him out for not playing defense and ever since than his defensive improved. If he can take that defense into next season, to go along with the addition of Bogut, I don't think defense will be an issue.

Phenomenonsense
08-18-2012, 01:58 AM
I like Lee, but comparing him to Dirk or Love without "Poor man's" in the sentence is atrocious.

b@llhog24
08-18-2012, 02:23 AM
Lee is the boss, very underated player. And for those saying he can't play defense, neither can Amare, Zbo, & Boozer. At least defensive rebounding is part of defense and Lee contributes to that more than Amare.

Hustla23
08-18-2012, 02:28 AM
Lee came into the league as a tough, gritty, hustle player.

Even Ron Artest said David Lee was hood-like.

His offense consisted almost entirely off of put backs off of offensive rebounds.

He even shut down Yao Ming in a few games during his Sophomore season.

The man can play defense. It seems that over the past couple of years he just didn't choose to do so for whatever reason.

KNICKS R BACK
08-18-2012, 03:08 AM
as i knicks fan obviously im biased but i love him and was very sorry to see him go...hes not a star but hes a great role player and could make the extra difference on a team thats one piece away much like Rasheed WAllace did for the pistons...not comparing him to Rasheed just saying...David Lee is a monster on the boards and if he had a defensive minded center to make up for his defense deficiencies he could really be a big impact...im hoping bogut can stay healthy, if that happens lee will have a big year...he just cant be the only one down there...he needs help on defense but what he lacks in defense he more than makes up for rebounding and he can score too, he just doesnt get the opportunities on golden state which has been guard heavy since he got there

JRonSports
08-18-2012, 03:12 AM
I think he is very undervalued and appropriately paid. There were times last season when he played center and still held his own. Bogut should make him look better both offensively and defensively.

Chronz
08-18-2012, 08:24 PM
Hes been under the radar for sure, hope the Warriors do big things with that frontcourt+Curry. It would be a great story

Monta is beast
08-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Yeah he definitely doesn't get the respect he deserves. Next year he'll be the first option on offense and should put up good offensive number (fantasy basketball heads up).