PDA

View Full Version : Why are people writing the Bulls off?

Gibby23
08-17-2012, 04:51 PM
If Rose is back 100% in March and the Bulls make the playoffs anywhere from a 4 to 8 seed, they have a chance to go a long way once the playoffs come around. They were the best team record wise last year in the East with Rose in and out and I think they would have a shot to knock off some higher seeds in the playoffs.

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 04:54 PM
No.

justinnum1
08-17-2012, 05:08 PM
knicks-bulls first round match, book it.

Gibby23
08-17-2012, 05:09 PM
Because they have no Drose,and they haven't got past the 2nd round the last 3yrs.

They were in the ECF the year before last.

theheatles
08-17-2012, 05:11 PM
Rose will be lucky to come back 100% ever, let alone this season. Rose won't be Rose until November 2013

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 05:13 PM
They were in the ECF the year before last.

Oh yeah I forgot my bad.

Cal827
08-17-2012, 05:15 PM
Rose will be lucky to come back 100% ever, let alone this season. Rose won't be Rose until November 2013

This. Even if he somehow makes it back next season, he's gonna be rusty as hell, and it remains to be seen whether or not he can return to his old form. If however, he can continue to improve his shooting stroke (which according to Hardaway(?) that he is), Chicago will be one team to **** with in 2013.

smith&wesson
08-17-2012, 05:16 PM
if rose comes back 100% and doesnt show much rust, and the team is rolling chemistry wise then they could def be a dark horse in the east.

akagiredsuns
08-17-2012, 05:17 PM
Because they have no Drose,and they haven't got past the 2nd round the last 3yrs.

Umm...they made it to the Eastern Conference Finals last year against the Heat. That would be the 3rd round. What pot are you smoking?

fruitchops
08-17-2012, 05:21 PM
I think the title of this thread should have been "Why do people keep thinking the Bulls are a championship contender?"

the bulls continue to stay mediocre without rose.. even with rose they are still one big piece away from winning it all.. top it off with the fact that the east is getting a lot stronger (sixers, pacers, nets) and I don't really get how people still think the bulls have a shot?? the heat will always be there.. the celtics well I can only see being in front of the bulls for a season or two more but still they will always be middle of the pack now imo.. 5 seed sounds about right for this year without rose.. with rose id put them at 2 seed as their highest potential.. 3-4 seed more realistic

bluefire7002
08-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Even with a Healthy Rose, and as someone mentioned already this teams chemistry... They still cant compete against Miami and the Celtics depth.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-17-2012, 05:30 PM
Their bench got worse defensively.

Radmanovic. :laugh2:

Big Zo
08-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Why are people writing the Golden State Warriors off?

bluefire7002
08-17-2012, 05:31 PM
Umm...they made it to the Eastern Conference Finals last year against the Heat. That would be the 3rd round. What pot are you smoking?

Lol dude he already admitted to being wrong... relax

JordansBulls
08-17-2012, 05:33 PM
Don't forget if the Bulls trade Rip and sign Tmac, that will propel them as well. We saw what Tmac did to the Heat last year in Miami when he tore them up.

chicago lulz
08-17-2012, 05:36 PM
Don't forget if the Bulls trade Rip and sign Tmac, that will propel them as well. We saw what Tmac did to the Heat last year in Miami when he tore them up.

:laugh:

Gators123
08-17-2012, 05:39 PM

JB, You're one of the all-time great trolls on PSD.

nycsports2
08-17-2012, 05:43 PM
im sure not.. theyll be there in the end with the heat knicks and bos(maybe) for the east.. cant lie im not feelin boston this yr but well c

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 05:43 PM

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-17-2012, 05:48 PM
Because they don't have Rose even though they had a pretty good record without him last season.

T-Mac did great(for himself at this point in his career)against the Celtics in a couple of games but the Bulls wouldn't get out of the first round with him on the team:laugh2:

justinnum1
08-17-2012, 05:49 PM

:facepalm:

DR_1
08-17-2012, 05:51 PM

:facepalm: Troll fail

JordansBulls
08-17-2012, 05:51 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/boxscores/201201020MIA.html

He scored 14 in the 4th with a dagger 3 as well.

oALo
08-17-2012, 05:52 PM
if rose comes back 100% and doesnt show much rust, and the team is rolling chemistry wise then they could def be a dark horse in the east.

This! I hope he can! It would make for really hard match ups in the playoffs. Mainly because other teams won't be used to playing them with him in the line up. Not sure if they can pull it off (I think their missing a better 2 guard, and will miss Asik), but I'd sure like them to give a good playoff push!

netsgiantsyanks
08-17-2012, 05:53 PM

how were you a mod at one point?

Rivera
08-17-2012, 05:54 PM
the bulls are the most overrated team in the nba....with there current core they will never win a chip they wont get out of the 2nd round with a healthy rose this year. there a good team thats a piece away to be a serious title contender

Rivera
08-17-2012, 05:55 PM
bulls also lost in the playoffs the last 2 years in a row with HCA so it wont even matter if they had HCA

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 05:55 PM
:facepalm: Troll fail

No you are the troll,I already admitted I made a mistake.Go back and read son.

*Please stop sending me VM's troll.

j11430
08-17-2012, 05:57 PM
If they're able to make the postseason I think they could be dangerous. But Rose is gonna miss probably the first half of the year and without the awesome bench they had last year I can't see them being good enough to get to the playoffs.

Hopefully I'm wrong, but I don't think any of the guys off the bench will live up to what the guys did last year

justinnum1
08-17-2012, 06:00 PM

wow.

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 06:06 PM

wow.

Keep pad posting Mr.Facepalms.

justinnum1
08-17-2012, 06:07 PM
Keep pad posting Mr.Facepalms.

Lets totally ignore the fact you just said the bulls haven't made it out the 2nd round the past 2 years. :rolleyes:

And stay on topic, if you have an issue report the post.

Rivera
08-17-2012, 06:09 PM

wow.

he clearly doesnt watch basketball and tries to keep up with the basketball tabloids

Oldmantrash
08-17-2012, 06:10 PM
Who cares if people overlook them.
You are going to root for them no matter what, and I will root against them.

No one knows if, or when Rose is coming back, or if he will be the same.
I don't like their roster, and with the east being tougher now, I don't see them doing to great, but I could be wrong.

MintBerryCrunch
08-17-2012, 06:13 PM
Lets totally ignore the fact you just said the bulls haven't made it out the 2nd round the past 2 years. :rolleyes:

And stay on topic, if you have an issue report the post.

He already admitted to being wrong lets be nice here kids

zB_#85
08-17-2012, 07:17 PM
Their in conference competition got better and they did not. Their franchise player sustained a serious and potentially career altering injury. Seems obvious why they aren't being considered a contender...

Hawkeye15
08-17-2012, 07:20 PM
Because Rose will probably have a wasted season and the Bulls let a nice portion of their bench go to stay under the luxury tax?

They are taking a mini-step back this season, and I agree with their approach.

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 07:21 PM
Even if Rose comes back like he was in his MVP year he doesnt have the bench he had back in 2011 playoffs to go far.

2-ONE-5
08-17-2012, 07:42 PM
If Rose is back 100% in March and the Bulls make the playoffs anywhere from a 4 to 8 seed, they have a chance to go a long way once the playoffs come around. They were the best team record wise last year in the East with Rose in and out and I think they would have a shot to knock off some higher seeds in the playoffs.

i dont think u understand how serious this rose injury is. the dude literally relies on being faster and more athletic then everyone on the court.

tapajafri
08-17-2012, 07:47 PM
The Bulls just aren't that good. They remind me of the 2009 cavs. Great regular season team, but when it comes to playing elite teams in the playoffs, they don't have enough fire power and talent.

TheIlladelph16
08-17-2012, 07:50 PM

1. Rose's injury. Expecting him to be 100% from an ACL tear roughly 12 months after or anywhere near 100% is probably not a good thing to be banking on. I think he will make a full recovery and be exactly/very close to what he was, but not until the following season. He relies too heavily on his quickness and agility for it to be at all likely he will be recovered enough.

2. The overall quality of the bench has diminished ever so slightly. They managed to shed some salary I believe, which puts them in good position for FA next year (dependent on amnestying Boozer), but it did get slightly worse. I don't expect the Bulls to be able to compensate for no Rose/slightly healthy Rose and compete in the playoffs.

They are poised to vault back up next season, but I don't think its their year.

jp611
08-17-2012, 07:54 PM
Because people need a reason to hate the bulls and people think its 1955 and acl injuries are career ending injuries

What I'm trying to get at is that people are stupid

njnets
08-17-2012, 08:42 PM
Bc they only have one offensive option. Rose carries too much of the team. Bench got worse defensively. Rose's status is questionable. Rip is declining. Deng and Noah are good but cannot be looked at as superstars. Boozer is not fulfilling his contract.

That is why people are writing off the bulls. They need to add another superstar who can score.

A team with those problems can beat the heat, who got better? No way.

smiddy012
08-17-2012, 09:35 PM
Even with a Healthy Rose, and as someone mentioned already this teams chemistry... They still cant compete against Miami and the Celtics depth.

Maybe you're saying that, with the moves made this offseason, the Bulls couldn't beat the Celtics with Rose in 2013, and even then Allen was always a beast against us moreso than any other Celtic player, but if you're saying that with Rose last season, we couldn't beat the Celtics in a series, that would be completely wrong. In fact we would have been heavily favored in that matchup. There's a reason the Bulls have been considered the second best team in the East the last 2 seasons, because they were.

Everyone has written the Bulls off because they're without Rose until likely the playoffs, and even then Rose may be "rusty." Even if Rose is healthy, they likely won't have HCA, and this is something they practically need against Miami. Say Rose came back and was better than ever, the entire Bulls team would still have to be healthy, and even the odds of that are very unlikely. And even if that happens, like I previously mentioned, it would be a miracle if they could beat the Heat without HCA.

As a Bulls fan it's funny how people are all realizing lately how screwed the Bulls are without Rose. There was a legit reason he won MVP two seasons ago, because he carried the team night in and out.

Jarvo
08-17-2012, 09:48 PM
Keep Rose and/or Deng and blow it up.

BcEuAbRsS
08-17-2012, 10:44 PM
Because Rose will miss most of the season again. If he can come back a month before the playoffs and shakes the rust off then they can probably make another playoff run. But they badly need someone else to step up, I personally think it's gonna be Noah. 15/11/2b/4a...

b@llhog24
08-17-2012, 10:53 PM
Because Rose won't technically be "100%" next season.

Gritz
08-17-2012, 11:06 PM
Other teams gotten better and they've for the most part stayed the same

Ezio
08-17-2012, 11:15 PM
CJ can't run an offense.
Brewer can't shot the ball.
Asik can't play 30+ mpg.
KK is one dimensional.

People say we overrate our guys but once they leave, they're the best players in the league.

seikou8
08-17-2012, 11:29 PM
CJ can't run an offense.
Brewer can't shot the ball.
Asik can't play 30+ mpg.
KK is one dimensional.

People say we overrate our guys but once they leave, they're the best players in the league.

they are all better than new bench

king4day
08-17-2012, 11:47 PM
Possible but it will require Chicago being in the playoff hunt. Also, they will need Rose to get back into playing shape as well as the new chemistry the team will need to build.

Ezio
08-17-2012, 11:50 PM
they are all better than new bench

Nope. Only drop off is Asik -> Nazr.

mrblisterdundee
08-17-2012, 11:52 PM
Because they didn't find a point guard to replace Derrick Rose. They are trying to tank until Rose gets healthy.

Dade County
08-18-2012, 12:03 AM

Then, he should be tested for a new kind of super human steroid.

DeyAce
08-18-2012, 12:07 AM
This offseason Bulls should have resigned CJ and sign Delonte West , use the TPE on Mayo or draft Will Barton, resign Asik. They just continue to add bench players instead of a 2nd star.

jp611
08-18-2012, 12:34 AM
Which one of will Barton, oj mayo, CJ Watson, and delonte west are a star? Lol

JasonJohnHorn
08-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Rose is the franchise player. Let's face it, if he's out until March, the team is going to have to make some major adjustments in how they play the game in order to stay competitive and then they'll have to make even more changes when Rose returns to the line up. You need to have your chemistry down pat heading into the post season and you need some momentum. I just don't think the Bulls will have that this season, and if Rose is out until March, i expect that they will just shut him down for the year, take the losses and hope they do well in the lottery so they can add a talented player on a rookie contact.

Ezio
08-18-2012, 01:05 AM
Which one of will Barton, oj mayo, CJ Watson, and delonte west are a star? Lol

Didn't you see Barton dropped 72 on a bunch of scrubs?

Ezio
08-18-2012, 01:06 AM
Rose is the franchise player. Let's face it, if he's out until March, the team is going to have to make some major adjustments in how they play the game in order to stay competitive and then they'll have to make even more changes when Rose returns to the line up. You need to have your chemistry down pat heading into the post season and you need some momentum. I just don't think the Bulls will have that this season, and if Rose is out until March, i expect that they will just shut him down for the year, take the losses and hope they do well in the lottery so they can add a talented player on a rookie contact.

He'll be back earlier than expected. Also if we were going to tank, we would of traded Deng for Barnes + Jefferson.