PDA

View Full Version : If any of top 4 Atlantic teams don't make the playoffs...

koreancabbage
08-17-2012, 02:25 PM
what will be their excuse? BARRING INJURIES!!! if any...

off the top of my head...

like BRK will say lack of depth even though they have 5 very good starting players.

NYK? too old?

Philly? not enough shooters?

Boston? their go-to players are too old?

i'm not including the Raps cuz i expect them to get 9th or 10th due to lack of talented players but hey, you can have a say why.

what do you think?

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 02:39 PM
Oh wow. Im dumb didn't read the question. Um no exucse for any team. Toronto is veyr young but I have them as my 8 seed;

BobbyHillSwag
08-17-2012, 02:40 PM
Damn the atlantic division is stacked

koreancabbage
08-17-2012, 03:31 PM
Oh wow. Im dumb didn't read the question. Um no exucse for any team. Toronto is veyr young but I have them as my 8 seed;

I mean, what if they didn't make the playoffs. what would be most likely excuse?

juster1028
08-17-2012, 03:43 PM
not gonna be out of the playoffs bro with antonio carmine backed with novakaine and mob deep i dare u to try

StarvingKnick22
08-17-2012, 03:44 PM
what? The only Way the Raptors don't win A championship is if they only have 4 players left. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO! RAPS babyyeahhhhhhh!

juster1028
08-17-2012, 03:45 PM
what? The only way the raptors don't win a championship is if they only have 4 players left. Lets gooooooooooo! Raps babyyeahhhhhhh!

lets go knicks baby bring it home :9/11:

Raps08-09 Champ
08-17-2012, 03:45 PM
The other teams simply outperformed them.

Burgo
08-17-2012, 03:46 PM
I mean, what if they didn't make the playoffs. what would be most likely excuse?

Guess the excuse would be that the other teams in the East won more games than they did :)

Seriously though, I think injuries would be the only excuse. The division is absolutely stacked with talent.. even the Raps are throwing their hat in the ring this season. I'm excited.

StarvingKnick22
08-17-2012, 03:46 PM
Knicks problem has always been injuries... You know what a healthy knicks looks like? Instant contenders not against Lakers or Heat ofcourse...

Swashcuff
08-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Jrue Holiday, Nick Young, Jason Richardson, Dorell Wright all shot better than 38% over the past 3 seasons. I wouldn't say the 76ers don't have enough shooters.

StarvingKnick22
08-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Yeahhhh

bucketss
08-17-2012, 03:58 PM
what? The only Way the Raptors don't win A championship is if they only have 4 players left. LETS GOOOOOOOOOOO! RAPS babyyeahhhhhhh!

raptors would beat the knicks in a 7 game series and im dead serious about it too.

NYCEVO8
08-17-2012, 04:10 PM
raptors would beat the knicks in a 7 game series and im dead serious about it too.

LMFAO!!!!!!!!:facepalm:

oballers
08-17-2012, 04:18 PM

Uh huh....:rolleyes:

ccugrad1
08-17-2012, 04:20 PM
Two of those teams won't make the playoffs.

StarvingKnick22
08-17-2012, 04:20 PM

have I offended you in anyway

Swashcuff
08-17-2012, 04:21 PM
have I offended you in anyway

Every time you make a post you offend everyone of us

topdog
08-17-2012, 04:25 PM
Considering the Southeast division seems very weak right now and the Central isn't much better, the Atlantic has a real chance to have all 5 teams make it assuming the division schedule doesn't hurt Toronto enough to drop its record below a team like the Hawks [who get to play the Bobkitties, Wiz-urnation, and Magic (look! they made D12 disappear :O) more often]

smith&wesson
08-17-2012, 04:35 PM
- bad coaching
- lack of chemistry
- locker room distractions
- suspensions
- injuries

JordansBulls
08-18-2012, 10:29 PM

like BRK will say lack of depth even though they have 5 very good starting players.

NYK? too old?

i'm not including the Raps cuz i expect them to get 9th or 10th due to lack of talented players but hey, you can have a say why.

what do you think?

None

bholly
08-18-2012, 10:56 PM
For the Sixers it'd be youth. We're really really young. Turner would have to fail pretty hard, and Jrue and Bynum might have to underwhelm as well. By far the most likely reason for us to miss is a Bynum injury.

Jrue Holiday, Nick Young, Jason Richardson, Dorell Wright all shot better than 38% over the past 3 seasons. I wouldn't say the 76ers don't have enough shooters.

This.

Knicks problem has always been injuries... You know what a healthy knicks looks like? Instant contenders not against Lakers or Heat ofcourse...

Instand contenders except against the other contenders? Um, what? Wouldn't the fact that they can't contend against LAL and MIA mean they aren't contenders?

Sixerlover
08-19-2012, 12:42 AM
I just looked at the rest of the East. The Southeast has Miami, then the new Orlando Magic, Bobcats, Wizards and Joe Johnsonless Hawks. ATL could get in as the 7th - 8th seed, but they only have 1 playoff lock. The Central has Indiana, then Roseless Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Cleveland. You figure Indy is a lock, and Chicago will get in even with Rose not being 100% when he gets back in January / February. So the playoffs could realistically look like

Miami
Boston
Indy
Philly / NYK / BKLYN
Philly / NYK / BKLYN
Philly / NYK / BKLYN
Chicago
Toronto / Atlanta / Cleveland / Milwaukee

that would be crazy to have all 5 teams make the playoffs.

xxplayerxx23
08-19-2012, 12:45 AM
Every time you make a post you offend everyone of us

:laugh2: This.

Teeboy1487
08-19-2012, 01:08 AM
The Atlantic is a beast. Honestly I see the Top 4 teams all making the playoffs. Boston is the second best team in the East. The Knicks are a playoff when healthy. The 76ers are a playoff team that got better. Lastly, the Nets got better as well. I would be very surprised if one of them missed the playoffs barring injuries.

DoMeFavors
08-19-2012, 01:12 AM
Only way Nets dont make the playoffs is if Deron and Joe go down

LanceUpperCut
08-19-2012, 01:39 AM
It will be a good real race the upside for the Raptors is they can handle a injury or two and not completely fall off course were as a team like Philly losing Bynum or NJ losing D-will will absolutely hurt the team.

I'm a Raps fan and I don't see us as a better team than any of those but I see us on the right path with two top ten rookie's a new solid PG in a rebuilding mode. I'd love to see any team in the Atlantic move to the eastern conference and even win it all.

bholly
08-19-2012, 05:18 AM
I just looked at the rest of the East. The Southeast has Miami, then the new Orlando Magic, Bobcats, Wizards and Joe Johnsonless Hawks. ATL could get in as the 7th - 8th seed, but they only have 1 playoff lock. The Central has Indiana, then Roseless Chicago, Detroit, Milwaukee, Cleveland. You figure Indy is a lock, and Chicago will get in even with Rose not being 100% when he gets back in January / February. So the playoffs could realistically look like

Miami
Boston
Indy
Philly / NYK / BKLYN
Philly / NYK / BKLYN
Philly / NYK / BKLYN
Chicago
Toronto / Atlanta / Cleveland / Milwaukee

that would be crazy to have all 5 teams make the playoffs.

I have a pretty hard time seeing Toronto above Atlanta or even Cleveland, but I wouldn't bet that much against it and this would be cool. I wonder when the last time it happened was?

Edit: In 8 seasons since realignment, the only time 5 teams from one division made the playoffs was the Central in 2006.
4 teams from a division have made it 7 times, with the most recent being the Southwest (SAS, DAL, NOH, MEM) in 2011.

JasonJohnHorn
08-19-2012, 06:39 AM
I expect the top four teams in that division to make the playoffs, along with Miami and Indiana, and likely Philly and ATL. But we'll see.

Heediot
08-19-2012, 06:49 AM

NYK? too old?

what do you think?

Philly has shooters. Dorell Wright, Jason Richardson, and Nick Young. For Philly it's all about chemistry and re-gaining one of the leagues best defense. This will be hard when losing one of the game's best perimeter defenders in Iggy and the under-appreciated Brand. Offensive efficiency should improve with Bynum.

Brooklyn is pretty deep. Watson, Brooks, R. Evans Teletovic.

Knicks bench is old, their starters are in their primes. An old bench is not as much of a liability compared to an old starting 5.

Boston. Upgraded depth. The addition of Lee and the loss of Allen are a wash, although I believe it would prove to be an upgrade. Lee is the best corner 3 point shooter in the league and brings added defense, slashing, and shot creating. KG's game ages pretty well, his lanky body type like camby lets him play effective into old age. Yeah Pierce is getting old, Green his backup is overrated but serviceable and could spell him.

bholly
08-19-2012, 06:54 AM
I expect the top four teams in that division to make the playoffs, along with Miami and Indiana, and likely Philly and ATL. But we'll see.

I see what you did there.

B'sCeltsPatsSox
08-19-2012, 09:12 AM
As a Celtics fan, there should be no excuses for the Celtics if they miss the playoffs.

sixer04fan
08-19-2012, 12:02 PM
Celtics - Wheels fell off for KG and Pierce, or Rondo imploded the team with his attitude problems

Knicks - Melo and Amare still can't figure it out on playing together, and the offseason additions in Kidd, Felton, and Camby disappoint

Sixers - Bynum gets injured and the rest of the team can't pick up the slack. Or Turner and Jrue level off in development, or possibly regress.

Nets - Deron and JJ don't mesh well and the team suffers. And/or Brook gets injured and the team's depth (or lack there of) cant respond.

EDIT: My bad didn't see the "no injury" scenario in the top post. Still, I think my excuses will be most likely of any of them miss the playoffs.

JNoel
08-19-2012, 12:05 PM
Would be funny, you would have teams like the Bobcats, Pistons, and even the Magic making the playoffs.

Jagged QT
08-19-2012, 12:09 PM
Injuries should be the only excuse, except for the Raptors.

But both NY teams have to get their chemistry in order, and both may stumble early on.

Tysons_Beard
08-19-2012, 12:22 PM
:cricket::puke:

cdnsportsfan
08-19-2012, 01:10 PM
Unless something crazy happens the top four teams from the Atlantic will make the playoffs. There is even a chance that all five make it in, however that's really all dependent on the teams splitting the games among themselves - and beating the crap out of all the other divisions in the East.

All five teams in the Atlantic have upgraded, while a number of other teams around the conference have downgraded. There is an outside shot that the entire division appears in the postseason.

sixer04fan
08-19-2012, 02:24 PM
I would say all 4 will make it. So with 4 spots left, we're looking at Miami, Chicago (assuming Rose comes back in time, as he is currently doing very well rehabbing and is ahead of schedule), and Indiana obviously.

The last spot will be up for grabs between the likes of Atlanta, Toronto, Milwaukee, possibly Detroit (very underrated in the 2nd half of last season), and I think the Wizards have a decent shot with a talented starting 5 but little to no depth whatsoever. I feel like Cleveland is still a year or so away. And Charlotte... Well... Let's be honest, they suck.

There is a decent chance one or two of those teams I listed as fighting for the last playoff spot outperform one of the teams I have in the top 7. So we could see one of the top 4 Atlantic teams miss the playoffs altogether. The East will be interesting this year.