PDA

View Full Version : Is Philadelphia more talented as a team than the New Yorks this year?

Pages : [1] 2 3 4

mrblisterdundee
08-17-2012, 02:11 PM
With the addition of the second-best center in the league and the aging of their young core, are the Philadelphia 76'ers more talented as a team than the Knicks or Nets this year?
I think experience is going to be the biggest determinant holding Philadelphia back, but adding Andrew Bynum completely changes this team.

PG - Jrue Holiday is an underrated floor general who I think will take on more of a playmaking role with Igoudala out of the picture. Deron Williams will smoke him, but I think he can do a decent job of guarding Kidd.
SG - This is obviously the biggest fall-off with Igoudala's departure, but Jason Richardson with Nick Young as a backup is nothing to balk at. It will be interesting to see if Evan Turner can eventually fit into this position.
SF - I personally think Thadeus Young should start over Turner here, but the 76'ers have some big bodies to throw at Carmelo Anthony, although Gerald Wallace will give them fits at this position.
PF - Spencer Hawes has his work cut out for him guarding Amare Stoudemire, but he should have an easier time of it against Kris Humphries. The move to power forward is perfect for Hawes, who has greatly improved recently.
C - Bynum is where the 76'ers take off from the competition. He's seen by many as the second best center in the league. There's some old wisdom that puts a winning team around a dominant big man. I don't think Tyson Chandler can shut Bynum down any more than he can shut Dwight Howard down. On the Nets side, Brook Lopez is in for some trouble. Not to mention that Hawes can back up this position.
Bench - Having Young, Dorrell Wright and Young on the bench gives Philadelphia a better bench than either of the New Yorks, be it Manhattan or Brooklyn.

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 02:15 PM
Not at all, Bynum never gives Brook Lopez trouble he avgs 8 points a game while Lopez avgs 30 against him. Bynum cant guard him.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-17-2012, 02:15 PM
I dont think so, but its definitely close.

A strong point by Philly can be made. They did some great things this offseason.

BobbyHillSwag
08-17-2012, 02:16 PM
knicks will still win the season series against them and have the better overall record.

HeaTxRipZz
08-17-2012, 02:17 PM
Bench wise I'm not sure exactly who Philly has but I would put Knicks' bench ahead having Kidd, JR, Novak, Brewer, Camby and Thomas

The PG spot will obviously be interesting for Philly when matching up with NYK. Not knowing how Felton will perform and J.Kidd getting older I'm sure Jrue will have big games

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 02:19 PM
No doubt about it.

HeaTxRipZz
08-17-2012, 02:19 PM
Yes another Knick thread,whoop te doo.

Pretty sure it's a Philly thread speaking on BOTH NY teams lol

Knowledge
08-17-2012, 02:20 PM
Depends on how our young guys improve. The knicks have a team full of vets and because of that you can project the production you are going to get from their individual players.

We have a team full of young players who should improve, but no one knows how big their improvements will be.

mrblisterdundee
08-17-2012, 02:21 PM
No doubt about it.

I'll admit that I didn't take J.R. Smith and Raymond Felton into enough account, although I'm a Portland fan, so you can understand how I discount Felton.

NYYCowboys
08-17-2012, 02:23 PM
With the addition of the second-best center in the league and the aging of their young core, are the Philadelphia 76'ers more talented as a team than the Knicks or Nets this year?
I think experience is going to be the biggest determinant holding Philadelphia back, but adding Andrew Bynum completely changes this team.

PG - Jrue Holiday is an underrated floor general who I think will take on more of a playmaking role with Igoudala out of the picture. Deron Williams will smoke him, but I think he can do a decent job of guarding Kidd.
SG - This is obviously the biggest fall-off with Igoudala's departure, but Jason Richardson with Nick Young as a backup is nothing to balk at. It will be interesting to see if Evan Turner can eventually fit into this position.
SF - I personally think Thadeus Young should start over Turner here, but the 76'ers have some big bodies to throw at Carmelo Anthony, although Gerald Wallace will give them fits at this position.
PF - Spencer Hawes has his work cut out for him guarding Amare Stoudemire, but he should have an easier time of it against Kris Humphries. The move to power forward is perfect for Hawes, who has greatly improved recently.
C - Bynum is where the 76'ers take off from the competition. He's seen by many as the second best center in the league. There's some old wisdom that puts a winning team around a dominant big man. I don't think Tyson Chandler can shut Bynum down any more than he can shut Dwight Howard down. On the Nets side, Brook Lopez is in for some trouble. Not to mention that Hawes can back up this position.
Bench - Having Young, Dorrell Wright and Young on the bench gives Philadelphia a better bench than either of the New Yorks, be it Manhattan or Brooklyn.

Jrue Holliday not underrated.....he sucks so far. The Knicks, Nets and Philly are all close though.

cbreezy34
08-17-2012, 02:23 PM
Am i the only one who thinks the nets are gonna be garbage... im getting tired of everyone overrating them.

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 02:25 PM
Lopez is in for a lot of trouble, im scared

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bynuman01&p2=lopezbr01

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 02:26 PM
Am i the only one who thinks the nets are gonna be garbage... im getting tired of everyone overrating them.

If Nets are garbage then what are 76ers because Nets will be a lot better than them.

NYYCowboys
08-17-2012, 02:27 PM

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=bynuman01&p2=lopezbr01

Lopez blows. If Jonas Valanciunas lives up to the hype he will be the 4th best center in his own division.

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 02:28 PM
Lopez blows. If Jonas Valanciunas lives up to the hype he will be the 4th best center in his own division.

But this is Lopez's division he is the best center in it

HeaTxRipZz
08-17-2012, 02:29 PM
If Nets are garbage then what are 76ers because Nets will be a lot better than them.

Just because of the addition of Joe Johnson?

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 02:29 PM

Get ready for the triple threat Nets fans ambush attack Domefavors/Jmoney85/wavycrockett.:box:

mrblisterdundee
08-17-2012, 02:31 PM

Bynum's a much better player now, and Brook Lopez is coming off an injury and the year he was one of the worst-ever rebounding centers. That comparison means little at this point, especially since Bynum's going to become the primary offensive option.

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 02:33 PM
Bynum's a much better player now, and Brook Lopez is coming off an injury and the year he was one of the worst-ever rebounding centers. That comparison means little at this point, especially since Bynum's going to become the primary offensive option.

That comparrison means a lot since Nets had no talent back then and Lopez was doubled and look at the FG%, if Lopez was such a bad defensive center look at Bynums numbers. What does rebounding have to do with head to head Lopez is way better?

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 02:34 PM
Its very close. If turner starts to hit his potential this team will be dangourus. I love Jrue, his defense is good and I believe he will improve as the main ballhandler without iggy there. Knicks,Philly,Nets can all be as high as 3 and as low as 6 or 7.

blastmasta26
08-17-2012, 02:34 PM

Lopez has not proven himself to be better than Tyson yet, let alone Bynum. Most underrate Lopez, but once again you're being a homer.

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 02:38 PM
Lopez has not proven himself to be better than Tyson yet, let alone Bynum. Most underrate Lopez, but once again you're being a homer.

LOL ! WHAT?

I dont think Lopez has played for 5 teams in 10 years and one of the biggest busts for a number 2 pick like Chandler? Chandler was traded for Najera, please stop. He is way better than both of them. When Chandler gets a post game after 11 years in the league maybe you can talk.

HeaTxRipZz
08-17-2012, 02:40 PM
LOL ! WHAT?

I dont think Lopez has played for 5 teams in 10 years and one of the biggest busts for a number 2 pick like Chandler? Chandler was traded for Najera, please stop. He is way better than both of them. When Chandler gets a post game after 11 years in the league maybe you can talk.

You can definitely tell when someone is talking out of their ***........ Let's play this game you want to play. Okay Lopez has more offense than Tyson but I'm pretty sure Brook's rebounding is horrible for a Center. Tyson's defense is also miles ahead or does none of that matter?

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 02:40 PM
:facepalm: Chandler knows how to rebound better then a 7 year old girl so once Lopez gets to that you can talk.

NYCEVO8
08-17-2012, 02:41 PM
Chandler just won DPY and he isn't much of a scorer but i wouldn't talk about Lopez being way better than tyson. Value wish what they bring to both sides of the court its almost pretty even with Lopez ahead by a lil cuz of his scoring.

SMH!
08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
LOL ! WHAT?

When Lopez learns to rebound then you can talk. Lopez is deff not the best center in the division. :facepalm:

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 02:42 PM
11 on 70 percent shooting, he can't score but lets not pretend like Lopez is better at anything but scorng lol

#1chickhearnfan
08-17-2012, 02:43 PM
Lopez blows!!!!!!!!!!! I will take bynum any day of the week

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 02:43 PM
You can definitely tell when someone is talking out of their ***........ Let's play this game you want to play. Okay Lopez has more offense than Tyson but I'm pretty sure Brook's rebounding is horrible for a Center. Tyson's defense is also miles ahead or does none of that matter?

Rebounding doesnt make a center better, there is nothing to talk about Chandler isnt a luxury for teams and gms, he is passed around like a journey man. He is a bum that was traded for Najera LOL.. STOP

JIDsanity
08-17-2012, 02:44 PM
I think you answered your own question. They are beat at every position but center against both teams. Everyone is gonna double Bynum, taking away some of his damage on the offensive end as well. That really wasn't an option against LA.

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 02:45 PM
Did Chandler not win Definseive player of the year?

HeaTxRipZz
08-17-2012, 02:46 PM
Rebounding doesnt make a center better, there is nothing to talk about Chandler isnt a luxury for teams and gms, he is passed around like a journey man. He is a bum that was traded for Najera LOL.. STOP

So I guess that makes Beasley a bum for being traded for a 2nd rounder? There's no logic in talking about who a player was traded for also rebounding and defense DOES make a center. A power foward could get by just on his scoring but what center you know that was rated the best or a top player in his position not being able to grab boards?

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 02:46 PM
11 on 70 percent shooting, he can't score but lets not pretend like Lopez is better at anything but scorng lol

Lopez is better at passing, and blocking shots. Yeah Tyson scored 11 on 70 percent but doesnt have a jump shot, doesnt have a post game, cant shoot free throws.

NYCEVO8
08-17-2012, 02:47 PM

Can you have a real discussion, Chandler is far from a Bum if he is this whole league is going to **** I'll repeat he just won Defensive Player of the Year. How can you say rebounding isn't important for a Center LMFAO you can't be serious about that comment

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 02:48 PM
Did Chandler not win Definseive player of the year?

Yeah only because Dwight hurt his image and the league didn't want to reward Dwight because he won to many DPOY awards,and Lebron won MVP.

So Chandler won by default.

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 02:49 PM
Yeah only because Dwight hurt his image and the league didn't want to reward Dwight because he won to many DPOY awards,and Lebron won MVP.

So Chandler won by default.

While I think Dwight is by far the better defensive player and will be this year I disagree. Last year due to Dwights injuries he wasn't as impactful at least IMO.

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 02:50 PM
Chandler DPOY, 2nd team all defense

LOL

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-17-2012, 02:51 PM
Just because of the addition of Joe Johnson?

This have been talked about multiple times on PSD. The Nets lineup is completely different from last year, its not just " the addition of Joe Johnson".

xxplayerxx23
08-17-2012, 02:52 PM
Lopez is better at passing, and blocking shots. Yeah Tyson scored 11 on 70 percent but doesnt have a jump shot, doesnt have a post game, cant shoot free throws.

Does it matter how you score? Lol blocking shots. Lopez sucks.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-17-2012, 02:53 PM
As for the topic, I have stated this over and over again, the Sixers are a good team but are not better than the two NY Teams. They have much to prove (player wise) and Turner must show he is a capable starter.

ThunderousDemon
08-17-2012, 02:54 PM
That comparrison means a lot since Nets had no talent back then and Lopez was doubled and look at the FG%, if Lopez was such a bad defensive center look at Bynums numbers. What does rebounding have to do with head to head Lopez is way better?

Why are you talking about Lopez? Joe Johnson is the key to victory!!!

DoMeFavors

So scoring doesnt count? Oh

I guess Tony Allen is better than Carmelo then

Lopez is the best post scorer in the NBA, he has a dominate post game in only 4 years in the league, Chandler who has been in the league 12 years has no offensive game at all, not even a jump shot.
When you have a post scoring big man that leads to open jumpers all game, something Knicks lack because Chandler simply has no offense, and Amare is no dirk.

YoungOne
jrue holiday is not a playmaker.

Sactown
08-17-2012, 02:56 PM
I'd prefer the 76ers roster

JOhnnyTHaJet

While I'm not supporting DMFs comments and I'm still baffled by people still entertaining his ideas, Lopez in no way "sucks". That's extremely overboard.

ThunderousDemon
This have been talked about multiple times on PSD. The Nets lineup is completely different from last year, its not just " the addition of Joe Johnson".

Did you know that Joe Johnson is the key to victory?

DoMeFavors
Why are you talking about Lopez? Joe Johnson is the key to victory!!!

You dont know anything about this division go talk about LA somewhere

ThunderousDemon
08-17-2012, 02:57 PM
You dont know anything about this division go talk about LA somewhere

Joe Johnson is the key to victory.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-17-2012, 02:59 PM
Did you know that Joe Johnson is the key to victory?

No I haven't heard, maybe you can post about it 6 more times.

#1chickhearnfan
08-17-2012, 03:00 PM
Best centers in the east

1. Bynum
2. chandler
3. hibbert
4. lopez

The 3 above lopez had great years, while lopez was eating popcorn next coach johnson. He has to prove to everyone he belong in the conversation.

KnickaBocka.44
08-17-2012, 03:01 PM

It actually means nothing when you consider that Bynum only took more than 5 shots in any of thoe games once (and played well) in your RIDICULOUSLY small sample size. Note that he only played 10 minutes in one of them. You have no business sharing your opinion on any sport because you have already demonstrated that you have no idea what makes a player good using the eye test and now, you are demonstrating your ineptitude regarding the use of stats to support your opinion.

GO HOME

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 03:03 PM
It actually means nothing when you consider that Bynum didnt take more than 5 shots in any of thoe games in your RIDICULOUSLY small sample size. Note that he only played 10 minutes in one of them. You have no business sharing your opinion on any sport because you have already demonstrated that you have no idea what makes a player good using the eye test and now, you are demonstrating your ineptitude regarding the use of stats to support your opinion.

GO HOME

Why are you using vocab like you are writing an essay? I have just proved my point Lopez cant be stopped by Bynum plain and simple.

smith&wesson
08-17-2012, 03:05 PM
Jrue
j.richardson
turner
thad young
bynum

i likey :drool:

KnickaBocka.44
08-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Is it hard for you to understand? Let me break it down for you: The stats you showed dont back up your argument because the sample size is too small, the stats are skewed because of minutes played and Lopez is coming off an injury while Bynum is coming off of a career year.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-17-2012, 03:07 PM
Jesus there are some idiots here that make every discussion go to hell.

SteBO
08-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Jrue
j.richardson
turner
thad young
bynum

i likey :drool:
I'm sure some in the FO office regret amnestying Elton Brand. They could've probably kept him as a complementary piece along side Bynum and kept Thad Young in his bench role.

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 03:08 PM
Is it hard for you to understand? Let me break it down for you: The stats you showed dont back up your argument because the sample size is too small, the stats are skewed because of minutes played and Lopez is coming off an injury while Bynum is coming off of a career year.

Lopez came back this year from an injury and put up 20 points in 26 minutes

GREATNESS ONE
08-17-2012, 03:09 PM
It definitely makes the division more entertaining. I can not wait for the start of the basketball season!

KnickaBocka.44
08-17-2012, 03:11 PM

You still havent grasped the whole sample size thing, have you?

gilly
08-17-2012, 03:11 PM

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this is absolutely hilarious.

Jrue Holliday not underrated.....he sucks so far.

He definitely doesn't suck...

I completely concur with this, since when was Joe Johnson the guy to put a very very average team over the top?

mp3
08-17-2012, 03:13 PM
Celtics
Nets
Sixers
Knicks
Raptors

DoMeFavors
You still havent grasped the whole sample size thing, have you?

There is nothing else for me to say, no matter what I write no matter what I give you it wont get into your head that Lopez is miles ahead of Chandler and Bynum.

Lake_Show2416
the 76ers look like a really strong complimentary team with size + a great coach, i think they will battle Boston & the Pacers for the 2nd seed

KnIckFaN.2883
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;23354020]Rebounding doesnt make a center better, there is nothing to talk about Chandler isnt a luxury for teams and gms, he is passed around like a journey man. He is a bum that was traded for Najera LOL.

Oh yes it does. I would expect my center to average at least 8 to 9 rebounds a game. if you look at all the good centers in the game they can rebound.there shouldn't be a reason if your 7'0 foot tall and being a center that you shouldn't at least average 8 or 9 rebounds a game.

juster1028
08-17-2012, 03:14 PM

this guys an even bigger moron then justinnum1. keep going dude im dying.

imo, joe johnson is the key to victory

KnickaBocka.44
08-17-2012, 03:16 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=chandty01&p2=howardw01

This is a bit more appropriate: here are Tyson Chandler and Dwight Howards head to head stats from 20 games. Dwight is the best Center in the league. Dwight has been held under 20 points 75% of the time he goes up against chandler. Chandler is a great defensive Center. Lopez is not as good as Dwight on offense. Lopez is not as good as Chandler or Howard on defense. Is that simplistic enough?

gilly
08-17-2012, 03:18 PM
Lopez is a soft, injury prone, rebound allergic, defenseless center with a solid post game. Bynum is far and away the second best C in the league. Please, just stop this insanity, Lopez is overrated.

BradHolt4CYoung
the 76ers will come in 4th in the division. Knicks and Nets battle for 2nd/3rd.

bringinwood
I think the thing people forget to talk about most is the coaching...

Woodsen will allow Melo to chuck up 40 shots a game if he wants to ...

Johnson continues to be one of the more overrated coaches in basketball...

Collins is and will continue to be one of the best coaches in basketball...

With the talent the sixers have coupled with Collins winning system established there, I think the sixers will be a 2 seed in the east this year...

ivylleague1'
08-17-2012, 03:19 PM
knicks will still win the season series against them and have the better overall record.

Was that Allen Iverson slicing through the Laker's defense ? That was incredible !!!!!!

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
[QUOTE=DoMeFavors;23354020]Rebounding doesnt make a center better, there is nothing to talk about Chandler isnt a luxury for teams and gms, he is passed around like a journey man. He is a bum that was traded for Najera LOL.

Oh yes it does. I would expect my center to average at least 8 to 9 rebounds a game. if you look at all the good centers in the game they can rebound.there shouldn't be a reason if your 7'0 foot tall and being a center that you shouldn't at least average 8 or 9 rebounds a game.

He did his first 2 seasons and one season he avg 6 boards a game next to one of the best rebounders in the game.

KnickaBocka.44
08-17-2012, 03:20 PM
There is nothing else for me to say, no matter what I write no matter what I give you it wont get into your head that Lopez is miles ahead of Chandler and Bynum.

Theres nothing else for you to say because you shouldn't have been talking/typing in the first place.

Blitzbolt
08-17-2012, 03:21 PM
YES YES and yes The sixers and Pacers are clearly better then both NY teams.

BradHolt4CYoung
08-17-2012, 03:22 PM
Ok Bynum is better then Lopez. Is that the only position that matters? Or is everyone going to disregard:

Deron>>>>>Jrue
Johnson/Marshon Brooks>>>>J-rich/Nick Young
Wallace>Turner
Humphries>Hawes

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 03:22 PM
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=chandty01&p2=howardw01

This is a bit more appropriate: here are Tyson Chandler and Dwight Howards head to head stats from 20 games. Dwight is the best Center in the league. Dwight has been held under 20 points 75% of the time he goes up against chandler. Chandler is a great defensive Center. Lopez is not as good as Dwight on offense. Lopez is not as good as Chandler or Howard on defense. Is that simplistic enough?

Yes Brook is, its not that hard to defend Dwight he lacks offense he has no jump shot, really no post game and cant shoot free throws. Dwight is known for rebounding, and defending and scoring but he isnt a better offensive player than Brook.

yaswaggin
08-17-2012, 03:23 PM
As for the topic, I have stated this over and over again, the Sixers are a good team but are not better than the two NY Teams. They have much to prove (player wise) and Turner must show he is a capable starter.

as a sixers fan 100% agree.

The sixers perimeter d is taking a huge hit, but the post d is taking a huge gain so the defense should still be pretty good.

Also bynum on the offensive side will be most valuable not only because of his scoring, but when he is doubled our shooters will be set to fire and he will create driving lanes for Jrue and ET.

Finally, the offense finally has a go-to option in bynum so the sixers wont go on huge scoring droughts like last season, bynum is excellent at creating contact.

However unless ET and Jrue become at least 75% of what their potential holds, this team isnt getting past the 1st round.

Ill21
08-17-2012, 03:24 PM
LOL ! WHAT?

When Brook Lopez can learn how to rebound or play a lick of defense then you can talk.

DoMeFavors
Lopez is a soft, injury prone, rebound allergic, defenseless center with a solid post game. Bynum is far and away the second best C in the league. Please, just stop this insanity, Lopez is overrated.

Atleast look up information before you type, before this season Lopez's games

82 games, 82 games, 82 games. He never missed a game before this season, while Bynum is INJURY PRONE.

JOhnnyTHaJet

Garbage huh? Hmmm, thats quite the bold statement. Care to provide any reasoning why a team that contains the likes of Deron Williams , Joe Johnson, Gerald Wallace, Kris Humphries, and Brook Lopez as a starting 5 is a bad team?

Granted everyone on PSD has some animosity towards Lopez, and I'm sure you will too, but I think its plain idiotic to think that's a bad team.

smith&wesson
I'm sure some in the FO office regret amnestying Elton Brand. They could've probably kept him as a complementary piece along side Bynum and kept Thad Young in his bench role.

brand is a solid defender. they could have used him at the four moved thad to the 3 and have turner & hawes off the bench as well

2-ONE-5
08-17-2012, 03:26 PM

Lopez is the best post scorer in the NBA, he has a dominate post game in only 4 years in the league, Chandler who has been in the league 12 years has no offensive game at all, not even a jump shot.
When you have a post scoring big man that leads to open jumpers all game, something Knicks lack because Chandler simply has no offense, and Amare is no dirk.

:cry:Bynum says HELLLLLLLO

StarvingKnick22
08-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Finally, a thread where were all on the same page, no offense but I think they'll have a hard time this season their lineup isn't all that great though Bynum will make the rest of the team better oncourt...

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 03:30 PM
Chandler cant guard Brook aswell
http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=chandty01&p2=lopezbr01

Utd7
08-17-2012, 03:34 PM
Depends on how Bynum adapts to his new team and how well he plays. Also Bynum must stay healthy all season. If Bynum continues his upward progression which should be expected since he will be the focal point of an offense for the first time, then yes I think Philly would be a better team then NY.

TheIlladelph16
08-17-2012, 03:34 PM
I would say that the Knicks and Nets both have more talented teams overall than the Sixers. Regardless, it will end up:

Heat
Pacers
Knicks
Sixers/Nets/Bulls
Sixers/Nets/Bulls
Sixers/Nets/Bulls
Other team
Other team

LongIslandIcedZ
08-17-2012, 03:35 PM
I dont think they match up great with NY, but they are a very good team. They traded their best Melo defender, so I expect Melo to have very good games when they play. I also expect Chandler to make Bynum work. I dont think he'll shut him down, but I think he'll limit him.

Nets I'm not sure, Philly's number one option now is Bynum, and he excels where NJ is incredible weak. He should be able to pretty much dominate NJ front line.

But who knows, thats why they play the game.

KnickaBocka.44
08-17-2012, 03:35 PM
Brook couldn't guard himself. You are still missing the point: all Lopez has is a back to the basket game. He will never be even 3rd team all NBA defense whereas Bynum has the ability to play at first team all-NBA level on both ends of the court.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-17-2012, 03:39 PM
Not at all, Bynum never gives Brook Lopez trouble he avgs 8 points a game while Lopez avgs 30 against him. Bynum cant guard him.

LOL, Bynum >>>>> Lopez.

Or else, you guys would've got Dwight, not us. But, we had the more valuable and better trading chip center in a 3/4 team deal.

#getreal

Burgo
08-17-2012, 03:41 PM

I'm hip to your groove dude. Maybe not garbage, but definitely not a contender.

Burgo
08-17-2012, 03:43 PM
When Brook Lopez can learn how to rebound or play a lick of defense then you can talk.

Exactly this!

DoMeFavors
08-17-2012, 03:47 PM
LOL, Bynum >>>>> Lopez.

Or else, you guys would've got Dwight, not us. But, we had the more valuable and better trading chip center in a 3/4 team deal.

#getreal

Bynum wasnt even traded to Orlando, and even Mitch said he was getting annoyed with the Orlando GM because he never dealt Howard...Nets resigned Brook who was a free agent.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-17-2012, 03:48 PM
Bynum wasnt even traded to Orlando, and even Mitch said he was getting annoyed with the Orlando GM because he never dealt Howard...Nets resigned Brook who was a free agent.

The point is, Brook Lopez wasn't good enough to cause a 3 or 4 team trade that would cause a domino effect of Dwight to Brooklyn.

However, Andrew Bynum was good enough to cause a 3 or 4 team trade to be executed, with the domino effect of Dwight to the Lakeshow!

MELO 15
08-17-2012, 03:48 PM
A few things I want to touch on. first, people don't realize how much gasol opened things up for bynum, do to the fact that gasol was a Big who could take the pressure off bynum and hit the jumpshot to spread the floor, secound he was never the prime option, so he never really experienced double teams, and third a player like bynum thrives off the triangle, unless philly implements that kind of offense, it will be hard for bynum and the team to develope team cohesion, and for those who don't know, Chandler has always played well defensively against guys like Howard and Bynum, look it up!

ThunderousDemon
08-17-2012, 03:49 PM
@DoMeFavors How old are you?

juster1028
08-17-2012, 03:49 PM
yo tyson chandler is terrible bro DPOY couldnt evne get 1st team. my man brook lopez is the best center in the league and then joe johnson is the key to victory for when he gets injured.

TheIlladelph16
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
Joe "The Key to Victory" Johnson.... nuff said

/thread

Lake_Show2416
08-17-2012, 03:51 PM
The point is, Brook Lopez wasn't good enough to cause a 3 or 4 team trade that would cause a domino effect of Dwight to Brooklyn.

However, Andrew Bynum was good enough to cause a 3 or 4 team trade to be executed, with the domino effect of Dwight to the Lakeshow!

ya he doesnt get it, no other team wanted to step up and take Brook Lopez + his max contract & give away their assets

dalton749
08-17-2012, 03:52 PM
lol no phillys getting overrated

juster1028
08-17-2012, 03:52 PM

/popcorn :cricket::cricket::cricket:

Avenged
08-17-2012, 03:53 PM
Lopez the best center in the division? Llull.

The center position is doomed.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2012, 03:54 PM
In terms of talent on paper, they don't have the talent IMO.

Also, who's playing PF for the 76ers? Is Hawes capable of that?

Raps18-19 Champ

DoMeFavours is a female and is a 12 year old.

DoMeFavors

Point is sources said Orlando didnt want to deal Dwight to the Nets his number 1 place, also Nets had the better assets and younger talent. Which Orlando wanted its not about impressing Philly or Denver but impressing Orlando.
Lopez was wanted by teams in Dwight trade and Melo trade back in early 2011.

juster1028
08-17-2012, 03:56 PM
Point is sources said Orlando didnt want to deal Dwight to the Nets his number 1 place, also Nets had the better assets and younger talent. Which Orlando wanted its not about impressing Philly or Denver but impressing Orlando.

who needs dwight, you have the key... the key to VICTORY. Ladies and gentlemen.. Joseph Johnson.

ThunderousDemon
08-17-2012, 03:57 PM
DoMeFavours is a female and is a 12 year old.

Is that a fact? :laugh2:

MELO 15
08-17-2012, 03:58 PM
A few things I want to touch on. first, people don't realize how much gasol opened things up for bynum, do to the fact that gasol was a Big who could take the pressure off bynum and hit the jumpshot to spread the floor, secound he was never the prime option, so he never really experienced double teams, and third a player like bynum thrives off the triangle, unless philly implements that kind of offense, it will be hard for bynum and the team to develope team cohesion, and for those who don't know, Chandler has always played well defensively against guys like Howard and Bynum, look it up!

Now mind u, I never said shut them down, more like slow them down, and make them work more for there shots, better than any other center. Basically Chandler does a good job defensively against both dwight and bynum

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2012, 03:58 PM
Is that a fact? :laugh2:

From the way he/she conducts himself/herself, I wouldn't rule it out.

TheIlladelph16
08-17-2012, 04:00 PM

I think you've caught yourself in your own backwards logic. So Brooklyn had the better assets and younger talent available in a trade..... Why would Orlando not make that trade then if they truly believed that? I find it hard to believe they didn't trade him there out of spite or fear of creating a dynasty considering they created a potential one out in LA. Perhaps Orlando probably should have consulted you first with your first rate scouting report on Lopez.

In terms of talent on paper, they don't have the talent IMO.

Also, who's playing PF for the 76ers? Is Hawes capable of that?

Short answer: No
Long answer: Hell No

Swashcuff
08-17-2012, 04:03 PM
76ers fan and I say NO. They Knicks are more talented than us next season.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2012, 04:06 PM
Short answer: No
Long answer: Hell No

I give you Amir Johnson and Aaron Gray for Hawes. You accept.

D-Leethal
08-17-2012, 04:06 PM
I don't really see how anyone can say yes to this. Its going to take a huge leap from Jrue and Evan and even Bynum to make that happen. I appreciate Bynum as the leagues second best C but don't think you can really discount what Lou Williams and Iggy brought to the table. The roster thinned out and became more conventional and balanced but you lost some very good talent and replaced with very good talent. I don't see a huge improvement from Philly over last year and think 6-7 seed and 45 wins or so is probably what will happen.

I am expecting Knicks to crack the 50 win mark but you never know how the chemistry is going to turn out this time around.

KB-Pau-DH2012
08-17-2012, 04:13 PM
Right....before he broke his foot.

Iversonfan4life
08-17-2012, 04:15 PM
watching lopez try to defend bynum is going to be fun to watch. i would put the knicks ahead of the sixers for next yr but not the nets who i think are pretty even with the sixers. they have a better starting 5 but there bench is worse, and more importantly there coach is worse.
the sixers are coming up, the nets with johnson/wallace are as only going to get worse after next yr amd with their cap situation their stuck.

TheIlladelph16
08-17-2012, 04:18 PM

Haha I honestly might accept that.

Fun fact: Aaron Gray went to my HS (Emmaus HS) and lived in my neighborhood that I grew up in. First year I went trick or treating and he answered the door, he literally had to duck in order to get through the doorway to give us candy. Absolutely terrifying for a 12 year old. I would take AG any day.

knicksfan42
08-17-2012, 04:26 PM
Lopez the best center in the division? Llull.

The center position is doomed.

If KG is counted as a center, Lopez isn't top 3.

Raps18-19 Champ
08-17-2012, 04:33 PM
Haha I honestly might accept that.

Fun fact: Aaron Gray went to my HS (Emmaus HS) and lived in my neighborhood that I grew up in. First year I went trick or treating and he answered the door, he literally had to duck in order to get through the doorway to give us candy. Absolutely terrifying for a 12 year old. I would take AG any day.

If you accept, you go trick or treating again.

bringinwood
08-17-2012, 04:42 PM
I love how people dissect position by position and think they've solved the NBA...

Doing this <<<<<<<< or this >>>>>>>>>
does nothing in regards to determining who the better team is...

If that were the case, the Knicks would have made it to the Eastern conference finals last year...

Coaching, discipline, and team defense matter more in terms of getting far in the playoffs than offensive production...

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 04:52 PM
The Sixers have a chance to be the 2nd best team in the atlantic division depending on how Turner/Jrue mix with Bynum.They have a young talented roster they just need some more veterans to help lead that team because Bynum is not a leader.

KnickaBocka.44
08-17-2012, 04:57 PM
I think one thing people can agree on here is that the Atlantic Division will probably be the most competitive division in the league from top to bottom...excluding the Raptors.

Swashcuff
08-17-2012, 04:58 PM
I think one thing people can agree on here is that the Atlantic Division will probably be the most competitive division in the league from top to bottom...excluding the Raptors.

Funny how things work though. Not very long ago it was regarded as the worst in basketball.

bucketss
08-17-2012, 04:58 PM

am i wrong to think amir is better than hawes?

and to answer your sig you definitely should ":facepalm:" since jb is trolling and even he doesnt believe what he just said.

LT.CARDWISIE
08-17-2012, 04:59 PM
Jrue Holliday not underrated.....he sucks so far. The Knicks, Nets and Philly are all close though.

Jrue defintley doesn't suck lol..

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-17-2012, 05:13 PM
The Sixers have a chance to be the 2nd best team in the atlantic division depending on how Turner/Jrue mix with Bynum.They have a young talented roster they just need some more veterans to help lead that team because Bynum is not a leader.

I dont see how you can say that confidently at all.

The Celtics are the clear #1 (for now), while the Knicks/Nets will be battling for the #2 spot. Jrue and Turner have plenty of potential to be good players in the future, but not right out of the gate next year. They're not better than a combination of Deron/Joe Johnson and they have no one capable of defending Melo.

I think people have to relax on the expectations of the Sixers.

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 05:18 PM
I dont see how you can say that confidently at all.

The Celtics are the clear #1 (for now), while the Knicks/Nets will be battling for the #2 spot. Jrue and Turner have plenty of potential to be good players in the future, but not right out of the gate next year. They're not better than a combination of Deron/Joe Johnson and they have no one capable of defending Melo.

I think people have to relax on the expectations of the Sixers.

Dude how can you say the Nets will be better than the Sixers confidently when you guys haven't made the playoffs in 5yrs.Your team is nice on paper but you guys haven't proved anything either.

1.Celtics
2.Knicks
3.Sixers
4.Nets
5.Raptors

That's my ranking as of today,could change next week depending on how I feel.:eyebrow:

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-17-2012, 05:19 PM
as a sixers fan 100% agree.

The sixers perimeter d is taking a huge hit, but the post d is taking a huge gain so the defense should still be pretty good.

Also bynum on the offensive side will be most valuable not only because of his scoring, but when he is doubled our shooters will be set to fire and he will create driving lanes for Jrue and ET.

Finally, the offense finally has a go-to option in bynum so the sixers wont go on huge scoring droughts like last season, bynum is excellent at creating contact.

However unless ET and Jrue become at least 75% of what their potential holds, this team isnt getting past the 1st round.

Appreciate your honesty.

I think Bynum will have a great year, but one thing I think you may have already noticed is that Bynum will suffer with no solid PF (like Pau) next to him. The double teams will certainly effect him, thus lessening his production. If Turner, Jrue, or even Thad (who IMO has LOADS of potential) can pick up the offense, then the Sixers become dangerous. They just have to do that first before I can say theyre better than NY,BK, or Boston.

oALo
Yes Brook is, its not that hard to defend Dwight he lacks offense he has no jump shot, really no post game and cant shoot free throws. Dwight is known for rebounding, and defending and scoring but he isnt a better offensive player than Brook.

I don't normally respond to nonsensical posts, but you just need to stop. I understand you have immense pride for you team and tend to blindly show your support for your team members, but don't try to act like your opinion is any more than FAN Boy love. You try to use stats to back up your points, but there contextually wrong. Especially when you make absurd comments like the above.

If Howard "lacks offense he has no jump shot, really no post game and cant shoot free throws" then why is it when he has played Lopez, he consistently dominates every aspect of the game.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/play-index/h2h_finder.cgi?request=1&p1=howardw01&p2=lopezbr01

To your point if Dwight has no offense, then that proves Lopez's defensive inadequacies even more! Someone who can't shoot and has no post game shouldn't be able to be 61% from the field! Lopez is averaging a FG% lower than guards... not a strong arguement...

The fact is Lopez has some talents, but now that he has some team members around him you'll see his offensive numbers drop (which leaves him to defend.... ouch). You won't see him take 15-20 FG again (enter Deron and JJ) and if he is.... Nets will be having an underwhelming season for sure.

Nets have a better team for sure (compared to the past few years) and I hope they can bring some excitement the eastern conference. The first half of the season will be telling! Good luck!

smood999
NY's problem has never been talent, it's coming together as a team...

I think some get the 2 confused..talent does not equal wins hence why the Knicks have a lot of talent but aren't winning like they should...

Are they more talented than Philly? yes without a doubt...the Knicks are more talented than most teams, one of the most talented in the league, but not necessarily one of the best TEAMS

Are they a better team than Philly? that's what the debate should be...

oALo
08-17-2012, 05:28 PM
I'm wishing the sixers had kept Brand! He would have fit well with their new mold! The PF position is definitely a weakness for them and will more than likely be addressed during the season (I hear there already shopping newly signed Brown! http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2012/08/amico-on-sixers-centers-wolves-andersen.html). I'd personally just like to see more competition 1-8 in the eastern conference. Teams are definitely getting better, but Miami is sitting up there pretty high (hated to see Rose go down, brings down the whole conference).

bringinwood
08-17-2012, 05:31 PM
The Knicks will NEVER win a championship with Stoudemire and Melo leading that team...

Too much ego, not enough willingness to defend...

The Bulls with Rose, much like the Sixers, aren't as talented as the Knicks but have a much better system in place and will continue to be a much more successful organization....

Oldmantrash
08-17-2012, 05:31 PM
All the Lopez bashers, let's just wait until the season gets going, and then we will see what you have to say.

Nets will have a better bench than both Knicks and Sixers.
Again you may disagree, but I'm confident in this.

This season will be loads of fun

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-17-2012, 05:32 PM
Dude how can you say the Nets will be better than the Sixers confidently when you guys haven't made the playoffs in 5yrs.Your team is nice on paper but you guys haven't proved anything either.

1.Celtics
2.Knicks
3.Sixers
4.Nets
5.Raptors

That's my ranking as of today,could change next week depending on how I feel.:eyebrow:

How does the past have any validity in an argument that deals with a team that is completely different from years past?

How can you say the Sixers are better than the Nets when the Sixers have two starters that haven't proven much at all yet? I like Evan Turner but people have to relax on his expectations, he has to prove he is capable of being offensively productive. The loss of Iggy is also being extremely over looked, that teams perimeter defense has decreased a sizable amount, teams with great jump shooters will kill them.

The Nets have three excellent offensive players in Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, and Deron Williams who have all proven they're productive, Gerald Wallace who is a great perimeter defender/rebounder, and Kris Humphries is one of the more underrated players in the NBA who will play the role of our main hustle man (cleans up misses, gets rebounds, and can play solid 1-1 defense).

I see more question marks on the Sixers than I do definites. They have a bright future, but also have a long way to go.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-17-2012, 05:38 PM
All the Lopez bashers, let's just wait until the season gets going, and then we will see what you have to say.

Nets will have a better bench than both Knicks and Sixers.
Again you may disagree, but I'm confident in this.

This season will be loads of fun

I think the opinion of Lopez will be turned around much like the opinion of Bynum in years past (I was a big critic of him because of his constant injuries).

Many will doubt now, and even call Lopez "a horrible player", its good to know they'll be embarrassed in a few months.

PhillyFaninLA
08-17-2012, 05:39 PM
When the Knicks win a playoff game or series then I'll pay attention to their talent.

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 05:40 PM
How does the past have any validity in an argument that deals with a team that is completely different from years past?

How can you say the Sixers are better than the Nets when the Sixers have two starters that haven't proven much at all yet? I like Evan Turner but people have to relax on his expectations, he has to prove he is capable of being offensively productive. The loss of Iggy is also being extremely over looked, that teams perimeter defense has decreased a sizable amount, teams with great jump shooters will kill them.

The Nets have three excellent offensive players in Joe Johnson, Brook Lopez, and Deron Williams who have all proven they're productive, Gerald Wallace who is a great perimeter defender/rebounder, and Kris Humphries is one of the more underrated players in the NBA who will play the role of our main hustle man (cleans up misses, gets rebounds, and can play solid 1-1 defense).

I see more question marks on the Sixers than I do definites. They have a bright future, but also have a long way to go.

Dude it's just my opinion,the Nets could also potentially be the 2nd best team in the Atlantic depending how well Dwill/Joe/Lopez mesh,I just don't think Lopez is a guy you can count on being healthy a entire season.If Lopez gets hurt the Nets are done.

LongIslandIcedZ
08-17-2012, 05:45 PM
I think the Knicks matchup ridiculously better against the Sixers than the Nets do. Philly just lost their all league defensive player, the one who would have been guarding Melo. I expect Melo to have very good games against Philly. Philly got an excellent center. Knicks having an excellent defensive center will defenitiely limit what Bynum is able to do. On the other side of it, NJ will have no answer for Bynum defensively, as they have one of the weakest front courts in the league.

I think all 3 teams will be very good with it finishing:

Knicks
Philly
Nets

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-17-2012, 05:47 PM
Dude it's just my opinion,the Nets could also potentially be the 2nd best team in the Atlantic depending how well Dwill/Joe/Lopez mesh,I just don't think Lopez is a guy you can count on being healthy a entire season.If Lopez gets hurt the Nets are done.

I hate when people say that "its just my opinion", spare me, provide some valid reasoning in your statements if you want to counter one of my posts.

And Lopez hadnt missed a game in his entire NBA career prior to last season, I think he will be just fine health wise, Its not like he has a laundry list of injuries.

The only thing I can somewhat say I agree on with you is if Lopez gets hurt the Nets will be effected by it greatly. They would have a tough time being any higher than a 7th or 8th seed team, because of our lack of size. But again, I'm not entirely worried about that, Lopez has been healthy in the past and so far has made excellent progress in rehabbing.

D12 fan
08-17-2012, 05:51 PM
I hate when people say that "its just my opinion", spare me, provide some valid reasoning in your statements if you want to counter one of my posts.

And Lopez hadnt missed a game in his entire NBA career prior to last season, I think he will be just fine health wise, Its not like he has a laundry list of injuries.

The only thing I can somewhat say I agree on with you is if Lopez gets hurt the Nets will be effected by it greatly. They would have a tough time being any higher than a 7th or 8th seed team, because of our lack of size. But again, I'm not entirely worried about that, Lopez has been healthy in the past and so far has made excellent progress in rehabbing.

I did it for the llullz.

KnickaBocka.44
08-17-2012, 05:58 PM
When the Knicks win a playoff game or series then I'll pay attention to their talent.

They did win a playoff game, start paying attention and you'd know that :D

PhillyFaninLA
08-17-2012, 06:00 PM
They did win a playoff game, start paying attention and you'd know that :D

I thought they got swept again this past year....my bad.

KnickaBocka.44
08-17-2012, 06:00 PM
Lopez is an offensive talent. I will even go that far. On the injury note though: 7 footers with foot problems dont usually have great luck staying healthy.

DoubleDragon
08-17-2012, 06:03 PM
I think with the addition of Bynum, this 76er team matches up equally with the Knicks. That said, the Knicks will have 4-6 more wins whilst Bynum adjusts to Philly's system. For the Knicks, Kidd makes adjusting easy just like Nash will for L.A.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-17-2012, 06:04 PM
Lopez is an offensive talent. I will even go that far. On the injury note though: 7 footers with foot problems dont usually have great luck staying healthy.

How is saying he is an offensive talent going too far? Its not much of a bold statement, its the truth.

And he has recovered from his foot injury, his ankle was the problem at the end of last season. Both have come along well in the offseason.

KnickaBocka.44
08-17-2012, 06:12 PM
^ foot problems linger for big men. Even Brook Lopez

KnickaBocka.44
08-17-2012, 06:13 PM
You don't see any connection between an ankle injury and a foot injury?

knickfan33
08-17-2012, 06:19 PM

brooklopez isnt on the knicks.. he said ny.. theres no other team in ny

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-17-2012, 06:24 PM
brooklopez isnt on the knicks.. he said ny.. theres no other team in ny

http://i0.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/000/131/351/eb6.jpg?1307463786

Gritz
08-17-2012, 06:27 PM
lolstats

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-17-2012, 06:34 PM
lolstats

lolcats?

http://www.lolcats.com/ ?

SirDJ
08-17-2012, 06:37 PM

notice how the win column favors Bynum 4-0

flatbush knicks
08-17-2012, 08:50 PM
:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:
no:facepalm:

Robbw241
08-17-2012, 08:53 PM
lol at the idiots of PSD who haven't put Domefavors on their ignore list. Get a clue people.

Alayla
08-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Bench wise I'm not sure exactly who Philly has but I would put Knicks' bench ahead having Kidd, JR, Novak, Brewer, Camby and Thomas

The PG spot will obviously be interesting for Philly when matching up with NYK. Not knowing how Felton will perform and J.Kidd getting older I'm sure Jrue will have big games

our starters
Jrue
Turner
Wright
Hawes
Bynum

our bench
malik wanys - royal ivey
J rich - Nick young
(toss up propbly alite mixture of rich turner (thad) young )
Thad allen moultire
Brown (allen and hawes as well)
not really a weak bench buy any means

flatbush knicks
08-17-2012, 09:07 PM
i will say this though if the sixers get harden when he becomes a free agent to pair up with bynum then ther contenders i like ther future more then any team in that division

mrblisterdundee
08-18-2012, 12:11 AM

Did you seriously write that? It's obvious now that you're grasping at straws. Lopez only scores 20 points per game - at less than 50 percent field goal percentage - because there's nobody else on the Nets to score, other than Deron Williams.
Keep spouting your comparisons, and Bynum's still going to abuse Lopez in the post.

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-18-2012, 12:43 AM
Did you seriously write that? It's obvious now that you're grasping at straws. Lopez only scores 20 points per game - at less than 50 percent field goal percentage - because there's nobody else on the Nets to score, other than Deron Williams.
Keep spouting your comparisons, and Bynum's still going to abuse Lopez in the post.

So those years of constant double teams with no scoring options around him meant nothing? Also, Brook hasn't played much at all with Deron.

I don't think Brook Lopez has the best post moves per say in the NBA but he's one of if not the top offensive Center in the league.

WhiteSoxGod
08-18-2012, 01:11 AM
So those years of constant double teams with no scoring options around him meant nothing? Also, Brook hasn't played much at all with Deron.

I don't think Brook Lopez has the best post moves per say in the NBA but he's one of if not the top offensive Center in the league.

WOW...lol....just wow.

Losoway
08-18-2012, 01:20 AM
LMAO @ THIS THREAD

the 76ers are like a bottom 7-9 team tops

dont ever disrespect the knicks like that

Losoway
08-18-2012, 01:21 AM
bynum is so easy to contain. throw a few double teams at him and he will be throwing his jersey in the crowd by half time

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-18-2012, 01:22 AM
WOW...lol....just wow.

Ah, I love when someone tries to test me on this topic.

Okay, name someone in the league who plays the Center position that can hit a 15 foot jumper consistently, has good post moves, shoots 80% from the FT line, and can consistently put up 18-20 a night.

I'm waiting.

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 01:25 AM
DoMeFavors or Losoway?

Losoway
08-18-2012, 01:29 AM
d12 dont start. your by far the most annoying person on psd

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 01:48 AM

you're

flatbush knicks
08-18-2012, 03:37 AM

I totally agree:D :clap::clap::clap:

elopez24MIAMI
08-18-2012, 04:05 AM
I don't know if the sixers are more talented then the knicks but I think they might be a better more rounded team then the Knicks. The Knicks have the best player but the sixers are much deeper in my opionion. It might come down to how Amare bounces back this year. Also nobody is talking about how much the sixers are Gonna miss AI presence...

Sixerlover
08-18-2012, 11:06 AM
We've been having the same conversation the last 3 years.

2 years ago: Knicks finished 1 game ahead of Philly, Philly won 1 game in the playoffs, Knicks got swept

Last season: Knicks finished 1 game ahead of Philly, Philly won 7 games in the playoffs, Knicks won 1.

This year I think they'll be about the same record wise in the regular season yet again, but Philly does better come playoff time because the game slows down and we have a 20 - 10 big man and 3 pt shooters that will do well in the halfcourt.

Sixerlover
08-18-2012, 11:08 AM
LMAO @ THIS THREAD

Knicks have been the 6th seed and 7th seed the last two seasons and went 1-8 in the playoffs. Stop talking about them like they are the Heat or something.

BobbyHillSwag
08-18-2012, 11:10 AM
LMAO @ THIS THREAD

I think you are disrespecting the sixers a little. While I think Knicks will be better than 6ers this year. Sixers isn't a team to laugh at. They will probably be atleast 5th seed. No way they even have a chance of missing the playoffs though. It's not even disrespecting the knicks if they say sixers will be better because both teams look pretty good on paper.

BobbyHillSwag
08-18-2012, 11:15 AM
We've been having the same conversation the last 3 years.

2 years ago: Knicks finished 1 game ahead of Philly, Philly won 1 game in the playoffs, Knicks got swept

Last season: Knicks finished 1 game ahead of Philly, Philly won 7 games in the playoffs, Knicks won 1.

This year I think they'll be about the same record wise in the regular season yet again, but Philly does better come playoff time because the game slows down and we have a 20 - 10 big man and 3 pt shooters that will do well in the halfcourt.

well it seems like you ignore context of both situations. Philly played an injured bulls team without their best player and missing their second best player for half of the series. Knicks had to play Miami. Sixers would have had the same exact thing happen to them as the knicks if they would have played them. The knicks vs boston series last year their 2nd and 3rd best player was injured. They still almost won a game against boston if it wasnt for a blatant illegal screen that led to a wide open 3 from ray allen. Sixers might have been doing better in the playoffs but not because they were the better team. Just bad luck on the knicks part.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 11:26 AM
Knicks 4
Nets/Philly5
Philly/nets6 all within 3 games or so. Thats how i see it. Turner and Jrue improve even more then they will be scary.

29$JerZ
08-18-2012, 11:34 AM
I have Philly ranked 3rd in our division. I need to see how their defense is without Iggy and Brand but they can easily be the 2nd best.

Boston
New York
Philly
Toronto/Brooklyn

Their best advantage is at Center and Chandler/Garnett will have a hard time stopping him. Lopez is a joke so no need to go their, Val from Toronto will be a rookie so can't really factor him into this yet.

I'm really interested in where Philly will be ranked on defense. They are still a lock for the playoffs as are Boston and New York. It's going to be a tough division.

JerseysFinest
08-18-2012, 11:56 AM
I have Philly ranked 3rd in our division. I need to see how their defense is without Iggy and Brand but they can easily be the 2nd best.

Boston
New York
Philly
Toronto/Brooklyn

Their best advantage is at Center and Chandler/Garnett will have a hard time stopping him. Lopez is a joke so no need to go their, Val from Toronto will be a rookie so can't really factor him into this yet.

I'm really interested in where Philly will be ranked on defense. They are still a lock for the playoffs as are Boston and New York. It's going to be a tough division.
I'm very curious to know what your opinions on the Nets are. No one knows how each team in the league will play until the regular season actually begins, but in my own opinion, I see Brooklyn ranking higher than Toronto and Philadelphia, potentially the Knicks as well if everything goes right (chemistry, health, etc.).

29$JerZ
08-18-2012, 12:04 PM
I'm very curious to know what your opinions on the Nets are. No one knows how each team in the league will play until the regular season actually begins, but in my own opinion, I see Brooklyn ranking higher than Toronto and Philadelphia, potentially the Knicks as well if everything goes right (chemistry, health, etc.).

I'd rather not since that post will bring the attention of a certain Brooklyn fan poster but I have Brooklyn ranked 4th as of now.

I don't see them being better than Boston/NY/Philly right now. I really don't like their roster to be honest. And there are plenty of variables for NY/Philly/Brooklyn. NY is much older so they need to remain healthy, Philly is losing Iggy/Brand and added a bunch of new pieces so their identity may be much different, Brooklyn's core has yet to all play in a game healthy and they brought back everyone who was hurt last season so they have to hope to stay healthy and try to build chemistry. It will be a tough division.

JerseysFinest
08-18-2012, 12:11 PM
I'd rather not since that post will bring the attention of a certain Brooklyn fan poster but I have Brooklyn ranked 4th as of now.

I don't see them being better than Boston/NY/Philly right now. I really don't like their roster to be honest. And there are plenty of variables for NY/Philly/Brooklyn. NY is much older so they need to remain healthy, Philly is losing Iggy/Brand and added a bunch of new pieces so their identity may be much different, Brooklyn's core has yet to all play in a game healthy and they brought back everyone who was hurt last season so they have to hope to stay healthy and try to build chemistry. It will be a tough division.

I appreciate your rational response. The Atlantic is going to be a lot more interesting than it has been in recent years, but I guess the best way to know which team will be better is to wait and see until November.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 12:19 PM

Do I have to count the all star games for you?

Brooklyn has 3 people in its starting lineup that were once all stars, two of which played in the all star game this year.
Bargnani is going up against Humphries you really think he is going to out rebound Kris Humphries?

Robbw241
08-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Yes Philly will finish 2nd

Boston
Philly
BK
NY
TDot

Sixerlover
08-18-2012, 12:26 PM
well it seems like you ignore context of both situations. Philly played an injured bulls team without their best player and missing their second best player for half of the series. Knicks had to play Miami. Sixers would have had the same exact thing happen to them as the knicks if they would have played them. The knicks vs boston series last year their 2nd and 3rd best player was injured. They still almost won a game against boston if it wasnt for a blatant illegal screen that led to a wide open 3 from ray allen. Sixers might have been doing better in the playoffs but not because they were the better team. Just bad luck on the knicks part.

I didn't proclaim Philly as the better team, but the Sixers still had to beat Chicago, regardless of injuries, and took 3 against that same Boston team that swept the Knicks a year prior.

Every series has plays here or there that could change the course of the game, you say the illegal screen against Boston in '11 that could've helped the Knicks win 1 game, I say the horrid officiating in the 4th quarter of game 7 of the Sixers - Celtics in '12 that would've put Philly in the conference finals. Each individual game has plays like that, they aren't excuses just the way it played out.

Sixerlover
08-18-2012, 12:29 PM
Personally I see the division shaking out as

Boston (50-32)
Philly (46-36)
NYK (46-36)
Brooklyn (44-38)
Toronto (39-43)

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 12:30 PM
Lowry and Fields will get chemistry but a better passing pg and a vet like Joe Johnson wont. Got it

nycericanguy
08-18-2012, 12:36 PM

Boston (50-32)
Philly (46-36)
NYK (46-36)
Brooklyn (44-38)
Toronto (39-43)

Completely disagree. Projected over an 82 game season NY would have won 46 games last year.

They got substantially better adding Brewer, Camby, Kidd, Felton, Thomas & Pablo.

Theres no way they finish with the same record as last year.

Losing Lin hurts, but he only played 25 games for NY. The rest of the season they had to rely on Bibby and an injured Davis to play PG.

Not to mention they had no training camp and went through a coaching change. They were 18-6 under Woodson. I can't imagine NY not improving 4-5 games at the least.

I have NY and BOS at 54 wins.

lamzoka
08-18-2012, 12:38 PM

Thank you my brother!!!! The nets will be 7-8th seed at best. They're so overrated. And they one injury away from missing the playoffs.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 12:38 PM
Completely disagree. Projected over an 82 game season NY would have won 46 games last year.

They got substantially better adding Brewer, Camby, Kidd, Felton, Thomas & Pablo.

Losing Lin hurts, but he only played 25 games for NY. The rest of the season they had to rely on Bibby and an injured Davis to play PG.

Not to mention they had no training camp and went through a coaching change. They were 18-6 under Woodson. I can't imagine NY not improving 4-5 games at the least.

Woodson didnt do anything you can make a case that because of D'Antoni Knicks won 9 straight or whatever it was back in the Lin days. Pablo,Thomas,Kidd really make no difference.

KnicksR4Real
08-18-2012, 12:47 PM

Id take Bynum and Cndler over Lopez anyday of the week. They were the most important players on their teams when they won rings. Lopez is soft and cant rebound for ****

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 12:49 PM
Id take Bynum and Cndler over Lopez anyday of the week. They were the most important players on their teams when they won rings. Lopez is soft and cant rebound for ****

Yeah im sure the LA Lakers when it was Kobe and Paus team they will remember Andrew Bynum who was hurt in both series I believe. And as for Dallas im sure they will be talking about Chandler when they bring up Dirks lengendary performance, he was the series MVP and clutch as hell.

JerseysFinest
08-18-2012, 12:52 PM

Brooklyn has 3 people in its starting lineup that were once all stars, two of which played in the all star game this year.
Bargnani is going up against Humphries you really think he is going to out rebound Kris Humphries?

Lol, you shouldn't go down that road.

Jason Kidd, Amar'e Stoudemire, and Carmelo Anthony have more combined all-star appearances than Brooklyn. If you're going to try and bait, I recommend you at least use factual information.

netsgiantsyanks
08-18-2012, 12:53 PM

Jason Kidd, Amar'e Stoudemire, and Carmelo Anthony have more combined all-star appearances than Brooklyn. If you're going to try and bait, I recommend you at least use factual information.

no, just let him troll.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 12:53 PM

Im talking about Toronto

and I guess ill bring up Stackhouse's all star games if we are talking Kidd here.

Westbrook36
08-18-2012, 12:55 PM
LMAO @ THIS THREAD

bynum is so easy to contain. throw a few double teams at him and he will be throwing his jersey in the crowd by half time

OH YA? I DINK BYNUM SUCKS TOO!!~!!!111!!!

:facepalm:

JerseysFinest
08-18-2012, 12:56 PM
no, just let him troll.

I guess I'll just let the man do his thing haha.

JerseysFinest
08-18-2012, 12:57 PM
Im talking about Toronto

and I guess ill bring up Stackhouse's all star games if we are talking Kidd here.

Even if you bring up Stack, The Knicks still outnumber the Nets.

2-ONE-5
08-18-2012, 01:09 PM

54? lol neither Boston nor NY is gonan win 54 games. Boston will rest later in the year for the playoffs and for the Knicks are you tryin to tell me that Felton, Kidd, and Camby are gonna help make the Knicks a top team? I'm sry but I just dont see it

29$JerZ
08-18-2012, 01:16 PM

Why does this notion of Toronto possibly being as good if not better than your team upset you this bad? They improved too you know. And so what if they played in the all-star game? Joe J will help NJ win more than 22 wins but he isn't going to account for 15+ wins like you seem to think he will.

Your starting 5 is very solid but it doesn't scream 2nd best team in its division. If you guys would have gotten Dwight along with Joe J you'd have a strong case for 2nd best team in the division but you didn't. You added Joe J, Mirza, and Reggie Evans. Why should I believe that's enough to basically double your wins from last season? Philly got the 2nd best Center in the NBA and NY almost addressed every hole on their team and were the 2nd best division team so why are Philly/NY suddenly going to drop but the Nets rise? You either discount everything else your divisional rivals have done or truly think Joe J is the player to take you over the top. Players like that don't get traded for crap.

Boston (50-32)
Philly (46-36)
NYK (46-36)
Brooklyn (44-38)
Toronto (39-43)

Could very well end up like that. Boston clearly is on top until proven otherwise. That 2nd spot will be battled between Philly/NYK since both have addressed critical areas of weakness this off season.

nycericanguy
08-18-2012, 01:17 PM
54? lol neither Boston nor NY is gonan win 54 games. Boston will rest later in the year for the playoffs and for the Knicks are you tryin to tell me that Felton, Kidd, and Camby are gonna help make the Knicks a top team? I'm sry but I just dont see it

I didn't say a "top team". 54 wins is far from a top team, thats 2nd tier level.

But yes the additions of Brewer, Felton, Kidd, Camby, Thomas & Pablo along with a stable coach and a full training camp will most certainly help NY win more games than last year. I don't see how anyone could argue that.

2-ONE-5
08-18-2012, 01:21 PM
no 54 would suggest a top team. Kidd, Camby, and KURT THOMAS are you kddin me dude? This isnt 2005. I dont even kno who this Pablo dude is Knicks fan keep talkin about.

lamzoka
08-18-2012, 01:21 PM
Woodson didnt do anything you can make a case that because of D'Antoni Knicks won 9 straight or whatever it was back in the Lin days. Pablo,Thomas,Kidd really make no difference.

I swear to god you're an idiot :facepalm:

nycericanguy
08-18-2012, 01:24 PM
no 54 would suggest a top team. Kidd, Camby, and KURT THOMAS are you kddin me dude? This isnt 2005. I dont even kno who this Pablo dude is Knicks fan keep talkin about.

so what do u have them at? Camby was the best rebounder in the NBA last year, Kidd still played almost 40mpg against OKC in the playoffs and put up 12, 6 & 6. What these guys are worthless all of sudden because they're on NY?

And why would BOS rest at the end? they will actually be in a very tough division this year, I doubt they're going to have a huge lead where they can rest.

top teams like OKC< LAL & MIA will probably win 60+.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 01:35 PM
Why does this notion of Toronto possibly being as good if not better than your team upset you this bad? They improved too you know. And so what if they played in the all-star game? Joe J will help NJ win more than 22 wins but he isn't going to account for 15+ wins like you seem to think he will.

Your starting 5 is very solid but it doesn't scream 2nd best team in its division. If you guys would have gotten Dwight along with Joe J you'd have a strong case for 2nd best team in the division but you didn't. You added Joe J, Mirza, and Reggie Evans. Why should I believe that's enough to basically double your wins from last season? Philly got the 2nd best Center in the NBA and NY almost addressed every hole on their team and were the 2nd best division team so why are Philly/NY suddenly going to drop but the Nets rise? You either discount everything else your divisional rivals have done or truly think Joe J is the player to take you over the top. Players like that don't get traded for crap.

Could very well end up like that. Boston clearly is on top until proven otherwise. That 2nd spot will be battled between Philly/NYK since both have addressed critical areas of weakness this off season.

Its not upseting me, im just replying to your post in my opinion. If you remember last season was a 66 game season, so they will have 16 more games to get more wins than last year. I just dont get why you are so high on Toronto when I look at that team I dont see a playoff team, there are tons of spots they lack talent in, sg and sf for example, and their center has never played a game in the NBA. Joe Johnson has a very large contract, and ATL has been a middle of the pack playoff team these past 5-6 years they werent going to take the next step this year, so they changed their roster a bit.

29$JerZ
08-18-2012, 01:44 PM
Its not upseting me, im just replying to your post in my opinion. If you remember last season was a 66 game season, so they will have 16 more games to get more wins than last year. I just dont get why you are so high on Toronto when I look at that team I dont see a playoff team, there are tons of spots they lack talent in, sg and sf for example, and their center has never played a game in the NBA. Joe Johnson has a very large contract, and ATL has been a middle of the pack playoff team these past 5-6 years they werent going to take the next step this year, so they changed their roster a bit.

I have Toronto at best 4th in our division. They can make the playoffs but wouldn't go very far. They in all likelihood will finish last in our division, don't see how that's being high on them?

Yes, Atlanta is middle of the pack because Joe J isn't a star that can put you over the top. Neither is Deron who for as good as he is needs more help. So by adding Joe J to Deron Brooklyn will be fighting for HCA in your opinion? I don't see that being the case at all.

Anway back on topic. Philly will be either the 3rd or 2nd seed in the Atlantic. I still see Boston being better and NY as well.

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 01:47 PM

Agree with this the Nets have added some nice players but Dwill/Joe/Lopez haven't won anything,they never led their teams to a conference finals.They will have to prove to their worth in the playoffs when it counts.Brooklyn to me is just a toss up to finish 3rd in the division with Philly.

Boston/NY are the clear favorites in their division.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 01:50 PM
I have Toronto at best 4th in our division. They can make the playoffs but wouldn't go very far. They in all likelihood will finish last in our division, don't see how that's being high on them?

Yes, Atlanta is middle of the pack because Joe J isn't a star that can put you over the top. Neither is Deron who for as good as he is needs more help. So by adding Joe J to Deron Brooklyn will be fighting for HCA in your opinion? I don't see that being the case at all.

Anway back on topic. Philly will be either the 3rd or 2nd seed in the Atlantic. I still see Boston being better and NY as well.

Carmelo has always been a middle of the pack player aswell, Chris Paul has always been a middle of the pack aswell. You cant look at it like that, KG, Ray, Paul didnt make the playoffs the year before and got 66 wins the next year. Not comparing Joe and Deron to that but you never know how its going to work out. But Fields and Lowry arent stars but you have them 4th improving say 10-15 wins because of those 2?

I think the Nets have put themselves in a position to fight for HC, Joe Johnson still had a better record than the Knicks last year. And still took Boston to 7 games.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 01:51 PM
Agree with this the Nets have added some nice players but Dwill/Joe/Lopez haven't won anything,they never led their teams to a conference finals.They will have to prove to their worth in the playoffs when it counts.Brooklyn to me is just a toss up to finish 3rd in the division with Philly.

Deron led his team to the WCF

JOhnnyTHaJet
08-18-2012, 01:54 PM

So I guess you just negated the fact that Deron took his team to the conference finals in 2007?

And how does this argument make any sense? Since they didn't make it to a finals they can't be a great team? Or is this just " your opinion" again.

This entire roster and starting 5 has played a total of 0 games all together, wait and see for Christ sake.

BobbyHillSwag
08-18-2012, 01:54 PM
Carmelo has always been a middle of the pack player aswell, Chris Paul has always been a middle of the pack aswell. You cant look at it like that, KG, Ray, Paul didnt make the playoffs the year before and got 66 wins the next year. Not comparing Joe and Deron to that but you never know how its going to work out. But Fields and Lowry arent stars but you have them 4th improving say 10-15 wins because of those 2?

I think the Nets have put themselves in a position to fight for HC, Joe Johnson still had a better record than the Knicks last year. And still took Boston to 7 games.

Joe johnson was barely the third best player on that hawks team. Horford was injured doe so he may have been the second best. cmon now

2-ONE-5
08-18-2012, 01:58 PM
Wait in what video game was Camby the best rounder in the NBA last year? He and Kwame prob have the same value with Camby a better rebounder and Brown a better post defender.

You are right about Kidd pushin 40 min a game but he struggled in every game except one. he shot 2-8, 2-10, 4-12 in the first 3 games. But I will admit he is still prob then the Sixers back ups at PG in Ivy/Wayns.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 02:00 PM
Joe johnson was barely the third best player on that hawks team. Horford was injured doe so he may have been the second best. cmon now

Barely the third best? so whats your order

Smith
Horford
Barely Joe above who?
?

29$JerZ
08-18-2012, 02:01 PM

Carmelo made the WCF so what's your point?

Toronto doesn't have as much talent as Brooklyn but they aren't that far off in likely playoff seed expectations. Both Brooklyn and Toronto can expect at best a 7th/8th seed berth.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:02 PM
Smith Horford Joe is the ranking of the best players.. JJ has some game left but he isn't that great. Nets will be a 5-6 seed. Tor is going to suprise a bunch of you barring any injury.

BobbyHillSwag
my bad, shouldnt have said barely. Jeff teague wasnt too bad last year doe.

DoMeFavors
Carmelo made the WCF so what's your point?

Toronto doesn't have as much talent as Brooklyn but they aren't that far off in likely playoff seed expectations. Both Brooklyn and Toronto can expect at best a 7th/8th seed berth.

Ok it doesnt look like you are going to change your mind, so if Nets some how get 5th or 6th seed you will be acting like its a miracle? You are saying their is like zero chance Nets can get a 5th or 6th seed in the playoffs?

So at best Nets are an 8th seed

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 02:03 PM
Smith Horford Joe is the ranking of the best players.. JJ has some game left but he isn't that great. Nets will be a 5-6 seed. Tor is going to suprise a bunch of you barring any injury.

But Horford hardly played last year and Smith and Joe alone got the Hawks a decent playoff spot.

BobbyHillSwag
08-18-2012, 02:04 PM

I bet you landry fields becomes one of the best all around players next year. I dont know just have a feeling about this.

29$JerZ
08-18-2012, 02:04 PM
Ok it doesnt look like you are going to change your mind, so if Nets some how get 5th or 6th seed you will be acting like its a miracle? You are saying their is like zero chance Nets can get a 5th or 6th seed in the playoffs?

So at best Nets are an 8th seed

You haven't done enough of a job to persuade me.
And I said 7th/8th, not just 8th miss favors.

And if they get the 5th/6th seed yes I would be shocked. That would mean something drastic happened to another Eastern team.

BobbyHillSwag
08-18-2012, 02:07 PM
But Horford hardly played last year and Smith and Joe alone got the Hawks a decent playoff spot.

Jeff teague was huge for that hawks team cmon man you're pushing your agenda too much.

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 02:07 PM
So I guess you just negated the fact that Deron took his team to the conference finals in 2007?

And how does this argument make any sense? Since they didn't make it to a finals they can't be a great team? Or is this just " your opinion" again.

This entire roster and starting 5 has played a total of 0 games all together, wait and see for Christ sake.

All im saying is if you have a superstar player who hasn't led a team to the Finals,it's likely he wan't ever make it there Lebron/Wade/Kobe/Dwight/Durant are really the only true superstars in the league Dwill is a notch below those guys as a allstar player.If Brooklyn goal is to make the playoffs then thats a realistic goal,if Brooklyn is trying to contend I think they need to lower their expectations because Dwill/Joe/Lopez is not a trio who can contend with the Miami/Boston and even NY has got a lot better adding depth to their roster.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 02:08 PM
You haven't done enough of a job to persuade me.
And I said 7th/8th, not just 8th miss favors.

And if they get the 5th/6th seed yes I would be shocked. That would mean something drastic happened to another Eastern team.

There is nothing you can say that will persuade me, and the same with me I cant persuade you. So we will see how this plays out, I just dont see why you are giving Toronto such big expectations, I just dont see the talent they have to make them a playoff team.
So we will see how it plays out.

BobbyHillSwag
08-18-2012, 02:08 PM
All im saying is if you have a superstar player who hasn't led a team to the Finals,it's likely he wan't ever make it there Lebron/Wade/Kobe/Dwight/Durant are really the only true superstars in the league Dwill is a notch below those guys as a allstar player.If Brooklyn goal is to make the playoffs then thats a realistic goal,if Brooklyn is trying to contend I think they need to lower their expectations because Dwill/Joe/Lopez is not a trio who can contend with the Miami/Boston and even NY has got a lot better adding depth to their roster.

:confused: MELO>>>>>>

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:09 PM

That is true, but Horford makes them a team that can be dangorus. No doubt a healthy Horford is the 2nd best. Also Teague played well so it wasn't just josh and Joe

29$JerZ
08-18-2012, 02:09 PM
There is nothing you can say that will persuade me, and the same with me I cant persuade you. So we will see how this plays out, I just dont see why you are giving Toronto such big expectations, I just dont see the talent they have to make them a playoff team.
So we will see how it plays out.

I know there is nothing I can say to persuade you. You are the same person who thinks Joe J has the best contract in the NBA while Amar'e has the worst despite it being literally Amar'e contract with 1 more guaranteed deal. That's why I don't quote you since its a waste of time, I just respond back when someone quotes me.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:10 PM
I bet you landry fields becomes one of the best all around players next year. I dont know just have a feeling about this.

Never that lol. But I can see him playing well at his natural pos. SF he can average 12 and 7 Rebounds. I love Lowry which is why I have them as the 8 seed. Joanas is going to do solid right away IMO.

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 02:12 PM
Nets fans calm down just because you resigned Dwill and got Joe Johnson,that doesn't make you a top 5 team in the East.You guys are discounting teams who have made the playoffs the past few years like Philly/NY/Indiana those teams have more experience and will be tough in the East this year.So calm down and let the games play out.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 02:12 PM
I know there is nothing I can say to persuade you. You are the same person who thinks Joe J has the best contract in the NBA while Amar'e has the worst despite it being literally Amar'e contract with 1 more guaranteed deal. That's why I don't quote you since its a waste of time, I just respond back when someone quotes me.

I think Joe has a lot more value to a team than Amare, he plays better defense, can play more than 1 position, can pass the rock. Knicks might have the defense down but they lack offense that they lacked last year and havent improved in that at all.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:13 PM
Ill tell you why the nets are an 5-6 seed IMO. Deron has some players around him so he doesn't have to force anymore. He is good for 19 and 9 on a higher percentage shooting from last year. Joe is still a solid scorer and overall player. Lopez if healthy will put in 16 and 7.5. They have some decent rebounding, Wallace is still an above average defender. Brooks I believe is a servicable bench piece. Its really on that european guy if he is solid they can maybe even jump the Knicks. As of right now I have them as the 6 seed behind Philly because I believe Turner is in for a big year and Jrue will improve being the main ball handler without Iggy.

Sixerlover
08-18-2012, 02:13 PM

I don't think Kurt Thomas and Pablo Prigioni are going to do anything for the Knicks other than ride pine. Ron Brewer is additional defense to a defensive team, which is a plus, but not something of need.

Felton and Kidd replacing Lin and Baron seems like a slight increase, Felton isn't a good PG at this point and Kidd is 39 year old PG who's numbers have been declining since '09, but as you said Lin and B-Diddy weren't exactly the dynamic duo of PG's last year.

No team in the league had a training camp, so that is a plus for everyone, and well see what a full season under Mike Woodson will really do for them. Jeez I gave them +10 games over .500 and it sounds like I have em at the bottom of the division or something :laugh2:

Sixerlover
08-18-2012, 02:15 PM

Melo isn't better than Wade. Nor is D-Will. Hell neither is Bynum, so you guys won't think I'm being biased.

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 02:15 PM

Oh yeah I forgot Melo he is in the superstar class too,he is a better player than Wade right now.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:16 PM
I have it as this. 52 wins for the Celtics, 47 for the Knicks. 46 for Philly , 44 for the Nets 40 -42 for Tor.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:17 PM
:facepalm: Wade> Melo.

BobbyHillSwag
08-18-2012, 02:17 PM
I think Joe has a lot more value to a team than Amare, he plays better defense, can play more than 1 position, can pass the rock. Knicks might have the defense down but they lack offense that they lacked last year and havent improved in that at all.

I agree wholeheartedly with the bolded. The one thing im scared for with the knicks is their offense. Defensively they will be elite imo. Offensively I dont know. Hopefully the offense will be better with much better pg's(the third string pg this year is better than the starting one last year). So you never really know how bad their offense will be. Also, with a competent pg now it will make things easier on amare. so they will def be better offensively than last year(alot better) but still may not be up to par. They were plain horrible offensively last year.

BobbyHillSwag
08-18-2012, 02:19 PM
Heh, I still think Melo is better than wade is but it is just opinion. It's not far off either, either ways not the point of this thread so im getting back on topic. Does anyone know if knicks still have toney douglas? It really wont matter though because he wont get any playtime whatsoever unless it's a blowout.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:21 PM
Knicks don't have TD anymore. Houston does I believe

THE MTL
08-18-2012, 02:23 PM

Check Bynum's stats against Tyson Chandler!

Also, are u drunk or something about Philly bench better than NYK's bench? Dorell Wright sucked last season. And Knicks have Brewer, Smith, Novak, Camby, Thomas off our bench. EASILY beats philly bench.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 02:25 PM
Philly has good 3 point shooters around Bynum which is good

Jrue, Young,Wright ,Hawes

2-ONE-5
08-18-2012, 02:27 PM
sorry if your bench is led by Camby, Thomas and Kidd its nowhere near the best

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 02:29 PM
Yeah Kidd,Brewer, Novak, Thomas,Camby is zero offense aswell

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:31 PM
Umm Kidd is solid. Stop pretending like hes done. Novak has zero offense :facpalm: I think you mean zero defense. Camby is a gret rebounder and good defender. Brewer brings defense and JR can score, he is a chucker but a talented chucker.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 02:32 PM
Umm Kidd is solid. Stop pretending like hes done. Novak has zero offense :facpalm: I think you mean zero defense. Camby is a gret rebounder and good defender. Brewer brings defense and JR can score, he is a chucker but a talented chucker.

Novak can shoot but he only avg like 8 points a game, plus nobody is going to leave him open with people like Thomas and Kidd on the floor who wont get respect for their jump shot.

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 02:33 PM
Brooklyn needs a bench they have no depth besides Marshon Brooks.

Dwill,Watson
Joe,Brooks
Wallace,Stackhouse
Humphries,don't know
Lopez,don't know

If Brooklyn frontcourt gets in foul trouble they are finished.All the elite teams in the East have a bench Miami/Boston/NY/Indiana

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:35 PM
Novak can shoot but he only avg like 8 points a game, plus nobody is going to leave him open with people like Thomas and Kidd on the floor who wont get respect for their jump shot.

Kidd can't hit the 3 anymore? Novak getting Miami treatment is still doing his job. The fact that his man can't leave him to help on melo is doing his job. Please he will get his openings and Kidd will find him. Novak can average 10 a game. I can see it. Thomas mostlikely won't get many mins off the bench if he even gets off the bench.

KB-Pau-DH2012

Dwill,Watson
Joe,Brooks
Wallace,Stackhouse
Humphries,don't know
Lopez,don't know

If Brooklyn frontcourt gets in foul trouble they are finished.All the elite teams in the East have a bench Miami/Boston/NY/Indiana

Reggie Evans and Keith Bogans are the other 2 bench players.

BobbyHillSwag
im sure the whole bench will come in at one time. Do people really think before they type? So we just unload the bench with no starters on the floor right? I wonder who's starting anyway, jr or brewer. It'll probably be shump when he comes back, whenever that is.

DoMeFavors

Dwill,Watson
Joe,Brooks
Wallace,Stackhouse
Humphries,don't know
Lopez,don't know

Mirza Teletovic and Reggie Evans

Stackhouse wont play at all it will be Keith Bogans at the 3 probably

Whos Bostons back up center and pf?

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 02:37 PM
Kidd can't hit the 3 anymore? Novak getting Miami treatment is still doing his job. The fact that his man can't leave him to help on melo is doing his job. Please he will get his openings and Kidd will find him. Novak can average 10 a game. I can see it. Thomas mostlikely won't get many mins off the bench if he even gets off the bench.

Kidd cant drive to the basket anymore and kick it since he just took 14 free throws all of last year, very bad. Novak will work good with Melo like last year, you got to play those 2 together.

THE MTL
08-18-2012, 02:41 PM
sorry if your bench is led by Camby, Thomas and Kidd its nowhere near the best

Ummm.....are u ********? Camby was a starter least season and averaged 24mpg and gave u 5ppg 9rpg 1.5 bpg. And i will take Kidd's expertise for 20mpg off the bench over any other bench PG in the league.

xxplayerxx23
Kidd is there to be a floor general. He is there to hit the open shot, get the team together, and adds championship expierence. Novak will be fine. JR will improve there is no way he can be that bad again.

Sixerlover
You guys don't like a

(Dorell Wright or Jason Richardson whoever doesn't start), Thad Young, Kwame Brown, Nick Young, Lavoy Allen, Royal Ivey bench?

I think that's one of the best in the east personally.

heyman321

Not sure if srs....

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Fields-Lowry-Barg-Joans>Lakers big 4./Thread.

xxplayerxx23
08-18-2012, 02:43 PM
You guys don't like a

(Dorell Wright or Jason Richardson whoever doesn't start), Thad Young, Kwame Brown, Nick Young, Lavoy Allen, Royal Ivey bench?

I think that's one of the best in the east personally.

I agree. It is very solid.

D12 fan
08-18-2012, 02:45 PM
Mirza Teletovic and Reggie Evans

Stackhouse wont play at all it will be Keith Bogans at the 3 probably

Whos Bostons back up center and pf?

lol Teletovic is a unknown player in the NBA,just like a rookie.He could be a great player but right now he is unproven as a nba player.Reggie Evans is just a energy player who can't shoot ft's.

Keith Bogans=lol seriously who is that guy?

If Brooks,Teletovic,Evans,Bogans is your bench you are in trouble if your starters get in foul trouble.

DoMeFavors
08-18-2012, 02:48 PM
lol Teletovic is a unknown player in the NBA,just like a rookie.He could be a great player but right now he is unproven as a nba player.Reggie Evans is just a energy player who can't shoot ft's.

Keith Bogans=lol seriously who is that guy?

If Brooks,Teletovic,Evans,Bogans is your bench you are in trouble if your starters get in foul trouble.

Im not acting like Mirza is going to be good I just said he is on the bench, Cj Watson is a very good backup pg, Marshon Brooks is a good scorer off the bench, and Reggie Evans will grab rebounds. Im not acting like Teletovic will be good but he did lead Europe league in PPG.

Bogans was a starter for the Bulls when they were the best team in the east and a very good defender.

Sinestro
08-18-2012, 02:51 PM
Celtics
76ers
Knicks
Nets
is how I see it playing out. 76ers got better and have a great coach they can only get better. Celtics will be the Celtics. Knicks get the edge over the Nets because Lopez is soft and I question their chemistry together